Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Unmanned

I will be really disappointed if Peter did something that we, the audience, don't know of.  More than that, it will be a copout to me if somehow Eli and Alicia will be shocked, I tell you, shocked at something Peter did, that allows them a way to walk away without circumspection.  If Peter goes down, I want to know that both Alicia and Eli were aware and said nothing, so when he walks away in cuffs, they don't get to walk away without knowing that they benefited from what he did, said nothing (maybe participated in it) when it was good for them and that they have no right to be anything other than grateful that they get to walk away without cuffs. A little humility along the way would be great as well.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5

Fully agree. It's such a narrative cheat. 

This apparently all went down during season 2 (when Cary worked in the SA's office). Eli was Peter's right-hand man, who was supposed to be brilliant at his job and was always putting out fires for Peter. And he had no clue? And how would Alicia know? She had nothing to do with Peter's job. But, she's the title character but she has to be involved in the story, but she can't actually have the slightest clue about Lloyd Garber, or the audience won't like her. 

Besides, if Peter goes down for this, won't his reaction be, "At least AUSA Glee didn't find out about the REALLY bad stuff I did, like steal an election, or steal a different election."

• Love 1

They had Alicia doing some minor investigating into Peter on her own back in Season One, but that just fizzled out.  I guess the writers think they are being clever with the hints that Peter did something really bad that Alicia doesn't know about, but the entire premise when the show started was that Alicia had all sorts of illusions about how great her marriage to Peter was, etc., and they were all wrong.  This SL is years to late.

• Love 1

It's interesting that Ruth warned Alicia to get away from Peter, and Cary told Alicia about the subpoena and said it was going to be very bad.  Now Eli is cutting a deal.  I wonder if there is something worse (worse than letting a defendant off for a bribe or fixing an election) that Peter did that Eli and Alicia really have absolutely no clue about.

When Eli went to ask Cary about the case this is all supposedly connected to, Cary didn't seem to think much of it. It was like he was reaching to remember the details and looked surprised when Eli mentioned a subpoena.  If he knew something Peter did with that case, you'd think he'd have reacted differently to Eli.

But maybe he knows other illegal stuff Peter did back then and figures it will all get brought up.

• Love 1

The scenes where Alicia jumped Peter's bones were so much sexier than the recent ones of her in bed with Jason. Mr Big indeed.

Could we please have only Eli and Marissa testify at Peter's trial?

Cary never worked for me as a mega-law firm partner, ever. He really got the worst part on this show, the passive reacting character (even during the prison years I mean months). Godspeed to him.

Wind it up, Kings.

(edited)

Predictions: before the season is over, Bitchy and McSmirky will end up throwing rocks at milk bottles to divine the answers to cases. Tom the Chihuahua will end up owning Lockhart Agos Lee Whatevs. His big client will be the Chihuahuenses Bus Line. There will be a case involving a backward-speaking dwarf. The Kings will be revealed to be David Lynch.

Edited by torqy
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hoping Marissa gets a good job that does not require a name tag, but is not at Lockhart Agos Lee Whatevs.  Someone on the Madam Secretary board suggested that the main character of that show (the US Secretary of State) needs a personal assistant, and suggested Marissa, who has experience as Alicia's body woman.  I would like that.

Edited by Driad
  • Love 1

Maybe he'll end up on a beach with Kalinda.

When him and Alicia were having their conversations I thought my fantasy is actually to have him get married to Kalinda (I was a bit stumped on how that would happen exactly but since it´s tv then who cares). I just don´t care about any of the characters anymore, not even to think of something cool happening, unless it´s Cary and to a lesser degree Grace. I want to see Cary win, maybe by starting a successful firm with Lucca, and Grace becoming a pastors wife (to her mother´s endless atheist horror). I enjoy Eli but I tend to forget about him unless he´s on screen.  It´s a big thing of just not caring. But when it comes to Alicia and Peter, I guess I think Peter deserves a divorce and then some.

• Love 1

I envy most of you who watched this season with 1-3 week breaks between episodes.   I have been bingeing it on Amazon Prime the last few days and the cumulative effect of this garbage over such a brief period of time has not been good for the soul.

I can't with Alicia-slut.   Are we to conclude that she has traded alcoholism for a sex addiction?  It's not sexy or tantalizing, just really annoying because it stalls the plot several times an hour.

Jason has no credibility as an investigator.  He's handed an assignment, makes a stop at the Clue Store and then phones in the smoking gun -- all during his time-off from being Alicia's boytoy.  The writing is so lazy no attempt is made anymore to show the leg work.

Cary is the only character I like.  He's seemed lost for awhile now.   Can't blame him.  How can you believe in what you're doing when the people who are supposed to have your back are forever plunging daggers into it.   I only wish he would engineer some plot that would bring the whole firm crashing down in the final episode.

Only a few episodes left.   I'm only watching to see it through.   You know how it is.

• Love 2