Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They ramped up the creepiness factor for this one - but I guess if you want to have Jack the Ripper on your show you have to deliver on that front. But at least Officer Haught is alright.

I had to laugh at Doc Holiday trying to drive Dolls' car. Just before that scene I had thought how well adjusted he seems to be with the 21st century - none of Ichabod Crane's problems and rants. I'm glad he and Dolls managed to patch up things at the end. (Nice of Wynonna to remind them to not kill each other while she went after Jack.)

I'm intrigued by Jack's insistence that Wynonna's Dad had made a deal with Bobo - I don't think that was a lie. Speaking of lies - not buying Dolls' explanation for his opossum trick. We know there's more going on with him and I really want to know what happened in Kandahar. And we need to know more about the whole Black Badge Division in order for the mole-plot to work. So far we've only seen drug-supplier dude and supervisor lady.

That Waverly/Nicole kiss... that was a good first kiss, man.

This episode's plot made no sense to me, but the main characters and their interactions made up for it, as usual. This show is not great, but I enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, they cleaned up some background history (why Doc Holiday ended up in that well), moved Waverley and Officer Haught along in two surprisingly effective scenes, and revealed that the Sheriff is not quite as ignorant as Wynonna assumed. Of course there's still the possibility that he's in cahoots with Bobo but I liked his attempts to teach Dolls some people skills. And they got rid of the Stone Witch in a pretty gruesome way (with some pretty gruesomely bad CGI). All in all quite a busy episode but it lacked a bit in the humor department.

I spent the last week catching up on this show because, well, see my icon.  I was curious.  It's pretty campy and the acting is so not good but I'm kind of into it now.  And this probably was the best episode next to Walkin' After Midnight.

I was surprised that Waverly and Haught got together this soon.  I like them, I just thought it would take longer.  

Similarly, I'm surprised the Stone Witch was taken care of this soon and this easily.  I wonder what Doc's gonna focus on now that he has his revenge.  And I am so NOT looking forward to the inevitable Wynonna/Doc/Dolls triangle.  

(edited)

I surprised myself by ending up binging this show after catching the pilot during a bout of insomnia a couple of weeks ago. The storyline and the writing are disjointed and mostly terrible and I still felt compelled to add a DVR series record, so there's something there. Maybe I'm still watching just to see what it is. Or to see if they can possibly find a worse actress than the Stone Witch for another role down the road.  Seriously, what was that?  The casting director could have swung a dead cat around a third-tier community theater and found someone better able to play a campy, vampy villain.

One storyline I do not care for is Waverly/Haught because I think they have anti-chemistry, even though I mostly enjoy Waverly and really, really like Nicole, as a character and actress.  Officer Haught had way better chemistry with Wynonna during their drinking session; if they'd kissed, I would have been all over it.

Also, Team Nedly over here! Not leaving the sheriff as a one-note bumbler and actually showing him be a caring boss to Nicole was one of the few grace notes in the writing.

Edited by Greta
Because using all the words makes sentences better.
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Greta said:

I surprised myself by ending up binging this show after catching the pilot during a bout of insomnia a couple of weeks ago. The storyline and the writing are disjointed and mostly terrible and I still felt compelled to add a DVR series record, so there's something there. Maybe I'm still watching just to see what it is.

This sums up the way I'm feeling about this show.  It's one of those things you like, but you just can't explain why, even to yourself.  I like Wynonna, and Dolls.   I flop between annoyance and liking with Waverly.  Not a fan of Doc but I do enjoy Nicole and am glad the sheriff isn't a clueless moron. 

Still, I feel like this show is tell not show.  I buy Waverly and Wynonna as sisters with a weird supernatural history but all the other relationships seem to be a lot deeper than I would think they would be based on what's played out on screen.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2016 at 0:14 PM, Sweet Tee said:

And I am so NOT looking forward to the inevitable Wynonna/Doc/Dolls triangle.  

I wonder about this; he hasn't shown interest in her romantically or even sexually I think. She's eyed him when he's shirtless - can't blame her - but I don't remember anything similar from him.  I like the Wynonna/Dolls working partnership so hope they don't go there.  Maybe Dolls is gay? 

The Witch was awful so hopefully she's gone.  At least Bobo has some kind of plan other than glowering in his trailer park.  I'll just try to forget about "why don't the Revenants standing there holding guns just shoot Wynonna?"

Fun show but I forget the details soon after watching.  I really like Wynonna though, right mix of snark, tough, doubt, etc.  I'm curious what she will do now that the seven are gone. 

Edited by raven
  • Love 2

“Wynonna Earp” creator Emily Andras talks WayHaught survival - pretty extensive interview, focused on Waverly/Haught's relationship and the 'Bury Your Gays' trope that's been so prevalent on tv lately

Give me a sense of what’s in store for WayHaught for the rest of the season? Can you assure fans they’ll be standing at the end?

Whether they’re standing or not, they are certainly alive at the end of the season. They are really trying to make this relationship work and find out what this romance is. If it has legs, what it means. But they’re doing it in one of the most dangerous places on Earth right now. So, I’m not going to lie; there’s a lot of drama and danger coming their way. People get hurt, people get put through the wringer.  But they are both very much alive and very much in love come the end of the season.

• Love 2

Have my standards lowered or was that episode genuinely good? The plot made more sense than usual and the dialogue was especially on point; I laughed out loud several times. Loved Wynonna trying to "casually" play off sleeping with Doc, Waverly and Haught's not-at-all-suspicious non-answer as to what they were doing in the sheriff's office, Doc informing Haught that he has neither a license nor insurance, and many of Wynonna's quips. The wolf looked sufficiently wolf-like and dangerous (although the bear was not so great), and I still want to know what's up with Dolls. I was initially thinking werewolf but that might be too simple an explanation for this show (his eyes look more cat-like, too). Still not buying that Dolls has feelings for Wynonna, although the show is trying hard to sell it.

I expected our new character to show up (how could she not; no writer could resist that drama), although I didn't expect it so soon, and I didn't expect her to be alive (I was thinking revenant-like somehow, an enemy). I usually don't like amnesia as a plot device but I think it makes things interesting here. I wonder how long it'll take for her memories to come back now that she's back in a familiar environment.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Still not buying that Dolls has feelings for Wynonna, although the show is trying hard to sell it.

That's the thing.  Everyone and everything but Dolls is pushing this.  I didn't get any jealousy or hurt feelings from him but the show is clearly trying to go there.  I thought they were particularly heavy handed last week with the witch calling Doc the perpetual second choice and "they all choose the lawman in the end."  Wynonna was the one panicking about it, which seemed to make Doc panic about it and leave town.  

Anyway, I did like this episode but I am not, nor have I ever been interested in the Willa stuff.  So, I groaned when I figured out it was her (which took me an embarrassingly long time).  

I liked Waverly and Nicole and that Waverly came out to Doc, who didn't care at all.  Now, she just has to tell Wynonna.  Though, I can't imagine her having any kind of issue with it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ZoqFotPik said:

Wow, they really don't seem to be holding anything back for a second season.

Their dad has to come back at some point, right? The dad always comes back.

They sure do burn at break-neck speed through plot-lines. Except the one I would really like to know more about - what the hell is going on with Dolls? What exactly happened to the wolf and how did Dolls manage to snatch Peacemaker from that tree without a single scratch or bitemark? Did he simply shoot the wolf with his gun? If so why did they not show us that scene?

I like how they handle all the not-love-triangle stuff. I suppose Dolls is not giving off any romance vibes due to whatever is his deal. Which is okay by me - I like his relationship with Wynonna just how it is right now. But I'm not buying Waverley all of a sudden being on ship Holionna.

I thought only the heir can fire Peacemaker - apparently I was wrong.

Willa was the heir before Wynonna... what's interesting is that there can apparently be more than one at the same time. When Waverly turns 27, will she be able to shoot Peacemaker too?

I don't think that Dolls shot the wolf. There was only the one skinwalker, right, Lou's former (enslaved) wife? When Willa killed Lou at the end, the wife transformed back from the bear to herself and ran off. She seemed unhurt.

Righ, I just checked back - Dolls did not kill the wolf as it was still howling when Wynonna found him. So how did he distract the wolf/skinwalker to make it out of the car alive and get his hands on Peacemaker? Also, when did he loose people in a forest?

They need to straighten out the whole Peacemaker mythology. Is Wynonna still the heir since Willa does not remember her identity (but if that's the case she should not have been able to shoot Lou)? Or does Peacemaker work with any Earp over the age 27 and the oldest one just happened to get the s*it-card?

On 6/1/2016 at 9:37 PM, raven said:

I'll just try to forget about "why don't the Revenants standing there holding guns just shoot Wynonna?"

I often wonder about this too. The Revenants clearly outnumber Wynonna so why don't they all just bumrush her when she's not on the homestead? But then, maybe they don't because Bobo needs the heir to escape the Ghost River Triangle?

I only recently caught up with this show and I have to say I'm enjoying it, flaws and all.  It reminds me of the campy, cheesy genre shows I grew up with in the 90s/early00s. It also helps that the characters all seem like mashups of Buffy archetypes, like Wynonna = Buffy/Faith, Dolls = Giles/Riley (?), Doc = Angel/Spike, Waverly = Willow/Dawn, Nicole = Tara/Oz (?), Constance = Drusilla, etc. etc. I think it has a lot of potential and I hope it gets renewed.

• Love 2
On 6/6/2016 at 11:52 AM, jaybear1701 said:

But then, maybe they don't because Bobo needs the heir to escape the Ghost River Triangle?

Oh does he?  I'm not surprised I missed this detail, heh.

On 6/4/2016 at 7:35 PM, MissLucas said:

What exactly happened to the wolf and how did Dolls manage to snatch Peacemaker from that tree without a single scratch or bitemark?

Yup, they completely skipped over that.  I honestly didn't think the wolf looked that menacing - he was kind of small - but one minute trapped in the car, the next minute not.  Maybe will there'll be some kind of compilation of these WTF scenes when we find out what's going on with Dolls.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:27 PM, Sweet Tee said:

Everyone and everything but Dolls is pushing this.

I wonder if this is deliberate on the part of the show - everyone expects there to be this triangle, but there's not.  Dolls is not on board and though Wynonna appreciates his assets I don't think she is either.  Dolls's attitude was more "don't sleep with the guy who could be our enemy at some point".

I guess if we can have two slayers and the same time we can have two heirs.  I doubt Willa will be around for long though.

• Love 1
(edited)

On ‎6‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 5:52 PM, jaybear1701 said:

But then, maybe they don't because Bobo needs the heir to escape the Ghost River Triangle?

4 hours ago, raven said:

Oh does he?  I'm not surprised I missed this detail, heh.

I don't think this was mentioned on the show. I think that was speculation by jaybear1701.

Edited by paulvdb
Quotes got messed up

Yes. I was just speculating about Bobo needing the heir (heirs?) alive. Though, after last night's episode with Bobo rushing off to save the Earps, I'm thinking maybe the spec holds some water? Three angles for the Ghost River Triangle,three Earps...

• Love 2

So what are the odds that Juan Carlo is an angel? Willa was wondering earlier in the episode about angels (she's right if demons exist then so must angels - it's supernatural fiction 1.01) and voilà a bit later someone who knows a lot of things he's not supposed to know shows up and orders Doc Holiday back on the right path.

I agree with the speculation that Bobo needs Willa or all the Earps to escape the Triangle. Speaking of Willa I really enjoyed the dynamics between Willa, Wynonna and Waverley. That was written by someone who grew up with siblings. Also somewhere in all that chaos Waverley was coming out to Wynonna who barely had time to take in what her little sister was trying to tell her, he.

And finally: dammit show, stop teasing me about Dolls' supernatural mojo and start delivering!

• Love 3

They really do the sisterly dynamic well.  Wynonna being guilty and relieved to find Willa felt pretty true, as did Waverly being a bit more suspicious. 

Still there is a LOT going on - the Earp sisters, whatever's up with Bobo, Doc's mystery friend, Waverly and Nicole.  Whew! 

I don't know how many episodes are left but some stuff's got to be left hanging at the end.

• Love 1

So... how bad is this show exactly? I mean, it sure seems to have stuff I like (badass female protagonist, weird west, action), and then somebody goes and compares it with Buffy, trope-wise, and hell, I LOVE Buffy. I understand that it's not exactly high drama... but how watchable is this?

@FurryFury, I find it more comparable to Supernatural than Buffy. I think it gets the Buffy comparison because of the female demon slayer aspect but that's where it ends. It's certainly watchable, I'm never bored.

I only binge-caught-up with this just last week. I discovered its existence during 12 Monkeys commercial breaks and decided to give it a shot.

• Love 1

I'm not exactly a fan of Supernatural, but mostly because of how they treat female characters (plus the cast is too small, so I got bored of the same beats in the Sam/Dean relationship by the end of s2). But otherwise, it was OK, so maybe I'll check out Wynona. I should probably wait until the end of the season so I could binge though.

Comparisons to Supernatural need the qualifier 'early seasons' Supernatural when the show had not really found its footing, yet was having tons of fun with whatever the hell it was doing - mostly the first two seasons. (I dropped out after season 5 - no idea how the show is faring nowadays). Female characters definitely fare better on this show though. I think it does a good job exploring sisterly dynamics and Wynonna make a great kick-ass heroine. Yeah, the overall world-building is a bit wonky but that might get better with time. The show manages to burn through plots a break-neck speed whilst still keeping some mysteries unsolved - that's quite a feat. But I love it best for the snappy dialogue. In short: it's fun to watch and to unwind.

• Love 2

Yeah, despite the kiss, I get more of a bickering siblings vibe from them. I buy the mutual admiration, the bond, just not the romance. I didn't really buy the Wynonna/Doc thing either, though; the initial sex scene kinda came out of nowhere. It might just be too soon for any of that.

Does anyone understand what's going on with Willa and Bobo? This show makes no sense.

@FurryFury, this show isn't a GOOD show, but it's a fun show. Don't expect too much and you'll be fine.

• Love 4

I knew Willa would turn out to be bad.  

This was better than last week.  I wasn't feeling the first half of it but then it kind of picked up.  Nicole look freaking amazing in that dress, I have to say.

Oh, the kiss.  I just knew even before they broke apart that Doc was gonna be standing right there.  Oh, show, you use all the best (worst) cliches.  At least he jumped right to business and didn't throw a bitch fit about it.

I did get a couple of laugh out loud moments when Wynonna was sneaking through the window only to find out that she didn't have to.

• Love 2

What exactly was Daddy Earp's deal with Bobo? I couldn't make out the dialogue.

Of course Doc would show up during the kiss *groan* I have no beef in this love-triangle. Both are intriguing characters but I agree - it's too early on in the show to pair Wynonna with either one for good. Too many mysteries and open questions to be solved first.

Well, something was off with Willa throughout the whole episode and it's a shame nobody noticed. Team Earp should have caught on to Bobo's ruse at the end - Wynonna's not the heir and making her the target of a creepy witch-hunt wast was obviously a distraction, too bad everybody was too distracted by other things *cough* to notice.

Best moment was Doc taking out creepy chemist 'I lied - it's all in the wirst!' He!

• Love 2

I kind of think Team Earp did notice.  There were little things.  Willa taking Waverly to the house, when she can barely deal with Willa.  I noticed how strangely Wynona said to Willa something like "remember, the heir has to go willingly."  I can't remember what Willa said but it was odd.  The Kiss, I think it's part of the "plan" whatever that is.

6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

What exactly was Daddy Earp's deal with Bobo? I couldn't make out the dialogue.

I think think Daddy was proposing that he would become the Lead and would help Bobo, or Robert as was just revealed, to leave the triangle in exchange for leaving him and his family alone. Basically he was trying to free his daughters from the curse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm enjoying this show and I'm really not sure why.  It's campy, more than a bit uneven, and overly hectic at times.  I originally set it to record on my DVR with the intention of maybe eventually binge watching it during the slow summer months.  But instead I inevitably end up watching each episode within days of when it aired.  I guess I have to agree with Cranberry.  It may not be very good, but it sure is fun.

On 5/29/2016 at 11:21 PM, Greta said:

One storyline I do not care for is Waverly/Haught because I think they have anti-chemistry, even though I mostly enjoy Waverly and really, really like Nicole, as a character and actress.  Officer Haught had way better chemistry with Wynonna during their drinking session; if they'd kissed, I would have been all over it.

I have to respectfully disagree.  Though I thought their initial hookup seemed a bit rushed, I do think Waverly and Nicole have pretty good chemistry.  I thought it was apparent back when they first met in the bar and was really obvious in this last episode.  Their facial expressions alone really sold it to me.  I particularly loved the expression on Waverly's face when Nicole took down her ex.

In contrast, I'm just not buying Wynonna and Dolls.  I don't see any chemistry there at all.  They worked much better as buddies. I sure hope they don't spend too much time on some kind of love triangle involving those two and Doc.

• Love 3
On June 18, 2016 at 5:28 PM, ZoqFotPik said:

I think think Daddy was proposing that he would become the Lead and would help Bobo, or Robert as was just revealed, to leave the triangle in exchange for leaving him and his family alone. Basically he was trying to free his daughters from the curse. 

Yes, and Bobo grabbed Willa in case the dad reneged on the plan, which got blown when Wynonna accidentally killed him. So then Bobo had to wait until Willa got old enough to inherit the mantle but the witch snatched her before it happened. Willa definitely has some Stockholm syndrome going on. 

• Useful 1

Thanks for the clarifications on Bobo's deal with Papa Earp. It just occurred to me that I would not mind Bobo (and Willa) succeeding getting out of the triangle. I assume all the other Earp 'victims' could then escape too? That would mean that Wynonna, Dolls, Doc and Waverley had to chase them throughout the States in a black Impala pink Cadillac, staying and squabbling in dingy motel rooms, he! But since the show has spent so much time on establishing Purgatory and its magic properties I doubt anybody will ever leave.

• Love 2
(edited)

That was intense.  I don't really appreciate a 200 year old guy "falling in love" with a 13 yo girl.  I'm glad Waverly brought it up but didn't feel it was appropriately dealt with and Wynnona gave him mercy.  Despite everything I felt bad for Willa.  I think she was brainwashed while she was still a child.

Waverly isn't an Earp?  Which demon do you think was her daddy?  I guess it isn't one we've met yet because I think all the named demons have been dealt with. I hope we get a second season to find out. 

Liked the moment when Wynona thought Nicole was a revenant because she hadn't bled. 

Edited by MDKNIGHT
miss typed Willa for Waverly
  • Love 1

Man, Willa was just tragic. That sucked for Wynonna to have to put her down. 

Waverly isn't an Earp. Huh. Interesting twist. Possibly what made her susceptible to that black goo possessing her later?

The lesbian got shot but was wearing a bulletproof vest? A+, show. A+.

That finale was genuinely good. I was expecting the reveal that Waverly wasn't an Earp; that's been speculation on Tumblr for a while based on a line from the episode description ("Waverly learns something about her past"). Loved Doc finally filling Haught in on the revenant stuff and her accepting it immediately (and becoming an official Black Badge Agent!). Loved Nedley standing up for Wynonna, Dolls going full yellow eyes, Doc calling Wynonna a hero, Wynonna's Old Yeller joke, and Doc and Dolls teaming up. I'm disappointed that Willa died, though. I was enjoying the different dynamics between the three girls and I think that could have been even more interesting once they all knew Waverly's not an Earp.

I hope this gets renewed. The cast is doing a Comic Con panel, so I've been expecting a renewal, but ratings aren't great. I've noticed more people getting into it lately, though; I think it may be one of those slow build shows.

• Love 5

It was hilarious when Wynonna was all "yeah, you do that" while WayHaught were kissing, then she just chucks the coat at their heads so hard and goes "times up, let's go". I'm not sure if that wasn't scripted and Kat and Dominique's reactions were completely natural.

• Love 3

Ah, show - that was excellent! Here's a cookie for not killing the lesbian! Loved Wynonna's reacion: 'You finally picked a smart one!' So much great stuff: Doc filling in Officer Haught and her over-enthusiastic reaction; Doc calling out Dolls for his drug use; a tad more info about Kandahar and a terrific cliffhanger. I really, really hope this gets renewed. It's one of these shows that might not be perfect but so much fun to watch!

• Love 2

That was surprisingly good.  I think that was probably the best episode they've done.  Intense, emotionally satisfying, and all players got a good moment to shine.  Loved that Waverly took peacemaker because she didn't trust Willa.  Good girl.  I figured Nicole would be fine because I think either the producers or the actors had to confirm it since a lot of fans were so worried.  As I understand it, 'bury your gays' has come back with a vengeance this year.  So, it was great to see this show not go there.  

Doc and Dolls make a decent team.  I loved that Doc brought his drugs and saved his life.  And then Dolls just destroying everyone at Shorty's.  I really felt for him when his boss was chewing him out.  He looked so miserable.  Hopefully, Wynonna and Co. will get him back ASAP.  After they deal with a newly possessed Waverly.  Come on, let there be a season two.

I haven't liked Willa at all, so I was happy to see her go.  Though, watching Wynonna put her down was a strong moment.  I loved seeing peacemaker reject Willa and go back to Wynonna.

And I agree that even if Bobo truly loved Willa, she was a child and he was her captor.  It's wrong no matter which way you slice it.  If Waverly isn't an Earp, then what is she?  And does Wynonna know?  And I guess their dad was a bad guy.  If nothing else, he was beating their mother.  Who is the ghost guy who keeps showing up?  Wyatt?  Why did Bobo help Waverly hide from Willa?  Why not just finish her off while she was there and vulnerable?

And finally, why was there not a single agent in the back of the truck guarding Bobo and Dolls?  I kept thinking that there was nothing stopping either of them from jumping out and making a run for it.  I'm glad Bobo was killed, if only so I don't have to say 'Bobo' anymore.  Stupid name.

• Love 4

I think Bobo was telling the truth about not having touched teenage Willa. He said the witch took Willa right before her 27th birthday, meaning she wasn't a teenager for most of her captivity. I think maybe the "romance" happened later. Him being her captor still makes it pretty icky, though. Speaking of teenage Willa... I found the depiction of her untouched room a few episodes ago to be kind of strange. Full of dolls and horse toys. That's like a six-year-old's room, like what I would've expected Waverly's room to look like. Willa was thirteen, where were the Nickelback and Backstreet Boys posters?

Thinking about it later, even though Wynonna had insisted her sister wasn't a dog as Doc alluded to in his Old Yeller story, she ended up having to put Willa down like one. Also, I wonder if Willa's descent into evil was made easier based on her questionable personality traits, like making Waverly walk that beam in the barn when they were kids. Sounds like Willa was already kind of a dickhead.

Lastly, Waverly not being an Earp begs the question of clarity. Is she adopted? Does she have the same mother as Willa and Wynonna, but a different father?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Lastly, Waverly not being an Earp begs the question of clarity. Is she adopted? Does she have the same mother as Willa and Wynonna, but a different father?

I'd suspected Waverly possibly not being an Earp, based on Ward not caring about her, forgetting her birthday, no one recording her height measurements, etc.  I'd guess same mother, different father.  Maybe a revenant, so that would make her half-revenant?  Maybe that's why she reacted to/was possessed by that black blood goo.  But if Waverley's not an Earp what was with that talisman Bobo made her bury on their property when she was younger?  Didn't he say an Earp had to bury it?  

The biggest surprise to me was how much I will miss Bobo.   I especially liked how Doc and Dolls worked together to shove Wynona through the window.  I'm not a huge Waverly fan, although I thought the character improved throughout the season, so I'm not sure about how I feel about this development. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kate213 said:

But if Waverley's not an Earp what was with that talisman Bobo made her bury on their property when she was younger?  Didn't he say an Earp had to bury it?  

I don't remember, but it could easily explained as Bobo lying. He was conning her after all.

Nobody seems to be all that concerned that Lucado is going to nuke the town. Wynonna was standing right there. Did she not hear her?

The ratings haven't been horrible, but not really that great either. According to this, it's better than the second season of "12 Monkeys", but well below every other new show that got a second season. "Dominion" didn't get a second season renewal until about a month after the finale, so I guess we'll wait and see.

Edited by ZoqFotPik

I hope this show gets renewed.  I didn't like the pilot, but boredom made me watch the second episode, send it grew on me with each episode.  The finale left a number of issues up in the air so I'm going to be pissed if I never get an answer to what  Dolls is or who the mystery guy that talked to to Wynona and Doc is.

On June 24, 2016 at 8:41 PM, MDKNIGHT said:

That was intense.  I don't really appreciate a 200 year old guy "falling in love" with a 13 yo girl.  I'm glad Waverly brought it up but didn't feel it was appropriately dealt with and Wynnona gave him mercy.  Despite everything I felt bad for Willa.  I think she was brainwashed while she was still a child.

Wynonna wants to end the curse, and she can't end the curse unless she kills every single revenant. She made that specific objection when Lucado told her she was taking Bobo away alive, so I don't think killing him was about mercy for her. She blames him for Willa, and she doesn't know that Bobo hid Waverly from Willa in this episode, which is about the one thing that might've caused her to feel an atom of mercy towards Bobo.

I agree about Willa. We know from Waverly that Willa wasn't really a nice person before she was taken, but she was a kid and kids can be cruel and thoughtless and then grow out of it. She had a bad example in seeing her father beating her mother, then she was kidnapped and held hostage for the rest of her childhood, developed Stockholm Syndrome, and when the Stone Witch took her out of the treehouse she then ended up in a cult. And I do think that even when her memories returned and so the brainwashing did too, she still had a modicum of feeling towards her sisters, even Waverly - I say that because she could've just threatened to shoot Waverly, before Nicole showed up or even after. Wynonna would've handed Peacemaker over without hesitating like she did with Nicole. Or heck, Willa could've just shot both her sisters dead and been done with it. But even though she didn't have an issue with killing in general, some part of her balked at directly killing her sisters.

I was so proud of Waverly for being smart enough to take Peacemaker from Willa. But then she had to go and grab her purse when Willa told her they needed to find Peacemaker, which was a dead giveaway. I also wished that Willa hadn't unmasked herself to Wynonna so fast. I would've liked to see that play out and have Wynonna be torn between which of her sisters was right. The way that scene went, each sister made a claim about the other but Wynonna never had to actually decide because Willa promptly pulled out her gun and proved Waverly correct.

• Love 1