Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Rewatching "Defiance" on Amazon and realized that Dolls, played an E-Rep soldier in the 1st season.  He was a mean soldier.  I hope he has stepped up from playing Dolls.  The Jolene stuff was a bit out there.  I like Zoie Palmer, but her role on WE was not fun to me. I love Mom and am happy she was cast, however, I don't know where the show is headed or what the story is supposed to be.  It's a little bit all over the place.  Even Waves in her Xmas suit didn't do anything for me.  Quite a disappointment considering how her cheerleading outfit and dance hit all the right notes.  :=(

Well, that was a trifle weird....so apparently Wynonna gave up Peacemaker. But, also, she doesn't know yet her best weapon is Waverly.

Interesting Wynonna couldn't see the stairway.

I figured the ring would turn out to be Julian's. That last scene pretty much removed any doubt...

• Love 4

Well, that was kind of trippy. I was immediately weirded out by Doc and Wynonna apparently back together instantly at the start of the episode, so I guess its good that it was just a part of the bad guys scheme. Those two are a hot mess, with or without magic. And now Wynonna has given Peacemaker over to the Big Bad. Thats not good, but I bet Waverly will end up saving the day with her possible new angel powers. 

So everyone can see the stairway but Wynonna? Glad they brought that back in, I like that whole feel in the woods, it feels very creepy and otherworldly. 

Interesting stuff with Bobo this week. Maybe he will end up helping the team out? And we get more of Jeremy's powers, AND the return of Wynonnas lovable bitch friend who had her face torn off! And Waverly can also heal stuff! The plot thickens!

• Love 1

I absolutely loved the visual of Wynonna having a conversation with the projected image of Doc. The coolest image I've seen in a long time, and it was practical effects, too!

The storyline somehow manages to be simultaneously convoluted and predictable. I don't think anyone will be surprised when Waverly and her angel ring turn out to be the solution to the problem.

• Love 4

I don't think it's going to be as simple as Waverly turning to stone to save the world. Perhaps this is another test-the fact Waverly would be willing to die to save everyone proves without a doubt she's worthy, and she'll live. 

Possessed Nicole was funny as hell.

So many balls up in the air right now

1. Doc possessed by Mauve

2.  Why didn't Mauve move into Charlie. He was the perfect candidate. Unless of course Charlie isn't human.  There has to be more to Charlie's existence than to become Wynonna's love interest, and then just die.

3. Through Mauve, we found out Nicole is, in fact, fully human. But Jeremy is not.

4.  Peacemaker was once a sword. Hmm

5. Juan Carlo was apparently an angel as well.

6. The sun wasn't setting, in fact, seemed to be getting brighter.  Is this signalling Julian's arrival?

I have no idea how the finale is going to play out. 

• Love 3

So wait, theres a bunch of people running around enforcing some kind of magical law? Where have they been this whole time? I guess Wynonna and her crew have more or less handled things before now, but still, I have more questions! 

Possessed Nicole was a ton of fun, and I loved Doc and Nicole bonding. I hope she realizes that Doc is possessed soon, and they can mend fences. Also, we discover that Nicole is fully human, and Jeremy isnt. I want to know more about what his deal is! We know he has powers, but not being fully human is some serious level powers.

Jeremy and his new boyfriend were cute, and its nice to see how cool he is with all this weirdness. Him bonding with Bobo over jazz music was weirdly awesome. Sadly, things go bad for Wynonnas new boo. I found Charlies attitude towards Wynonna to be kind of annoying this week, but if this is his end, that sucks. He wasn't super interesting, but I found him to be kind of endearing. 

No way is Waverly going to die just because of her half angle nature and trying to stop new/old bad guy. Maybe her dad shows up with a Get Out Of Jail Free card and Mama Earp in tow? Or he ends up in tow? 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

He and Bobo bonding over jazz music was weirdly awesome. 

It was Robin who bonded with Bobo over jazz, not Charlie.

Doc is clearly possessed by Maeve, and thank God, because otherwise, him killing Charlie would have probably be the point of no return for many of the characters (and the fandom). I did enjoy Maeve possessing Nicole and her and Doc's little investigative duo.

Wynonna refusing to sacrifice Waverly felt taken straight from Buffy season 5, with Buffy and Dawn. Hope it wouldn't end the same way (although Waverly is 100x more fun than Dawn ever was).

I don't trust Anna Silk's character (wonder what's her real name is), but maybe it's just the actress. She felt a bit too smug at times.

• Love 4

E11: Wynonna has a run in with Revenants that leads her to an unexpected revelation about the curse. Waverly meets an important figure from her past, and Nicole tries to evacuate Purgatory - before it's too late.

E12: The Pledge Moon looms over Purgatory as Wynonna and Waverly must find a way to end the family curse before their demonic foe puts an end to the Earp line - and humanity - once and for all.

Well.. Seasons over... Not sure what the point of any of this is anymore.. Or where the town went... Clootie's wife/ Wynonna's friend did she die when bulahar died... What exactly was the point of Kate?  Oh vey

I feel like this show is going the same route as Lost Girl, where it started out really strong and then became more and more incoherent. This was appointment TV for me in seasons one and two, but I actually haven't watched any episodes past episode 7 this season.

• Love 4

So...hold on. Was Doc possessed, or was he crazy with blood lust? Did Waverly heal him with her angel tears, and thats why he was back to normal after that? Where did everyone go? Are the Revanants back in Hell, or did they get to move on to something a bit nicer for helping out, and being stuck in Purgatory for ages? And where the heck did Waverly get pulled into? And why could Doc go? 

Also, Wynonna has now not only banged her ancestors best friend, but also her sisters father. This is why if I ever find myself in a long lost relative/supernatural style situation, I am asking for birth certificates and a DNA test any time before I even consider getting to first base. Shit like this happens! I knew that guy wasn't just a one off Wynonna love interest, but I admit, I didnt see that coming, at least until he said he had no memories beyond Purgatory.

Wynonna leading an army of Revanants, plus Mercedes looking fabulous, was definately the highlight of the season. Or Nedley being too old for this shit and shooting the crap out of beehive freaks. 

• Love 4

I think Doc was driven insane with Angel blood lust. The implication, after he came back, was that Waverly did indeed heal him, hence he was no longer a vampire.  And if that's true, then it's very interesting that Waverly did that NOT wearing her ring.  The ring doesn't give people powers, it amplifies/unlocks abilities the user already has-it also appears to restore memories.

I actually originally thought Charlie was Julian-turns out I was right. I'm OK with that, except I'm a bit iffy on how he didn't know who he was all this time-didn't he say Waverly crossing the GRT boundary make a light for him to find his way back to Purgatory.

The curse appears to be lifted, so I'm curious as to how things proceed in season 4. They've given us a lot to chew over until then...

• Love 3

The good this season? Mama Earp, character development for Nicole, and Melanie Scrofano’s consistently strong performances. She can spin shit into gold.   Oh, and the return of Mercedes! She is a hoot.   

The bad? Everything associated with the damn Doc is a vampire storyline, including the dead-weight character, Kate. I hate what they’ve done to my fave character, I really hope Doc comes back un-vamped next season. 

Edited by timesywimesy
Added Mercedes as a highlight
  • Love 2

Well, that was all very confusing. I missed what happened to the revenants when Bulshar broke the curse or whatever - did they all die? Was that explained at all? I am here for Wynonna being the girl with the big-ass flaming sword, but I don't understand why she couldn't get onto the stairs or why Doc could. I know "show, don't tell" is important, but I could have used a bit more exposition. Less time on unfortunate-looking angel wings, more time explaining what was happening.

Hope that is for real the end of Bobo this time - I have always found that character so tiresome.

Love Mercedes. Love Nedley. Why were they talking about everyone in the town having disappeared? Didn't they evacuate them all in the previous episode?

• Love 2

This whole season was just.... confusing.... starting with the surprise death of Dolls and then just really random stuff without much explanation. The bulshar stuff started off interesting, but I feel like it didn't deliver until it was too late. I was also distracted by the vamp doc thing... it just made no sense to me. I got it a little bit a couple episodes later when he said he wanted to be alive to protect Wynona and Alice, but that was not at all implied by the episode where he decided to go get turned. Unfortunately it was so distracting to me, that I think I missed a lot in these last few episodes trying to figure out what the hell was going on with Doc. 

But whatever this journey was, we end up with no more curse, no more revenants... waverly sucked into the garden, but is it really paradise? and Doc can somehow go with her, though didn't bulshar say he could go in until he was pure of heart or something? I assume doc is still a vamp due to the way he sucked that gallon of venom out of Wynnona... but I guess who knows? I'd be fine if they tell us next season that Waverly cured him and vamp doc is no more. 

We're still in for next season, but I have no idea where this is going.... I do want peacemaker back though.

When the "Big Bad" of a season ends up less interesting than a piece of his jewelry the season probably took a turn somewhere.....

That's not to say I didn't enjoy season 3, the character of Wynonna is enjoyable just sitting drinking beer, it's just that it seemed to be less focused than the previous 2.

Vampires and Angels and Demons, oh my........

But I still love the fundamentals of the show and when it's good it's very good and when it's bad it is still a lot of fun.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2018 at 6:10 AM, strippedhalo said:

I am here for Wynonna being the girl with the big-ass flaming sword, but I don't understand why she couldn't get onto the stairs or why Doc could.

I assumed only angels could pass the barrier. Waverly was part angel and Doc recently had drunk an angel dry, so had a lot of angel mojo still flowing through him.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 11:53 PM, Zanne said:

I assumed only angels could pass the barrier. Waverly was part angel and Doc recently had drunk an angel dry, so had a lot of angel mojo still flowing through him.

I'm not 100% sure what Doc is anymore, was he healed? Is he still vampire? I think it's people who are not fully human can pass through, otherwise Bulshar (sp?) If it was angels only, Bulshar would have serious issues. 

Count me as someone who really liked Bobo. I think the Actor did a really good job with the part. But I think it suffered from having too many things going on and not enough time for character development. 

They're going to have fun trying to get everyone back together. And by fun, I think it'll drag on for half a season. 

I would be curious to see the rules of the world ... If there are any written down. LOL

Shamier Anderson (Dolls) will have a "key role" in the third season of Amazon Studios' Goliath (stars Billy Bob Thornton).  Source: Deadline article on the season three renewal of Goliath.

He also has roles in the upcoming Destroyer (starring Nicole Kidman, December 25th release date) and the indefinitely impounded Johnny Depp vehicle, City of Lies, which is about the murders of rappers Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur, where Anderson plays bad cop David Mack.

• Love 3

'Wynonna Earp' is Trending Worldwide As Fans Launch a Save-The-Show Campaign on Twitter

Why is #FightForWynonna Trending If ‘Wynonna Earp Season 4’ Has Been Announced?

Back in July, Wynonna Earp was renewed for a fourth season...but today, alarm bells started going off in the show's fandom after rumblings that something is amiss with the show.

Lead actress Melanie Scrofano, asked what was going on, admitted that she did not know, but that the show was not currently in production, which she had expected it to be by this point.

The fandom, which managed to get Wynonna Earp named as People's Choice Awards winner for best sci-fi/fantasy series of last year, has responded by descending on social media and tagging SYFY (the show's network) and IDW Publishing (the publisher of the comics) in thousands of tweets supporting the show and vowing to #FightForWynonna.

At this point, the nature of whatever is going on is not clear. The furor seems to have been touched off by a since-deleted tweet from showrunner Emily Andras, who apparently asked fans if they were ready to fight for the show. Later, she tweeted, "don't f--k with my family" and has not updated since then.

‘Wynonna Earp’ Future In Limbo As Season 4 Production Is Delayed By IDW

For Syfy, Wynonna Earp is an acquired series and the network has no control over it. The drama comes from IDW Entertainment, which also has sold it to a number of other networks, including Space in Canada, in addition to an SVOD deal with Netflix.

I hear IDW Entertainment has indicated that it is experiencing financial difficulties, running a deficit, and cannot proceed with production on a fourth season at this time.

Syfy has been very high on the series, which recently won a People’s Choice Awards, and, as spotted in IDW financial statements, I hear the network had quietly renewed the show not just for one but two more seasons — 4 and 5 — and IDW is contractually obligated to deliver them.

• Love 1

‘Wynonna Earp’ To Begin Production On Season 4 For 2020 Premiere On Syfy

The Wynonna Earp fandom can finally rejoice. There will be a fourth season of the popular series based on the IDW comic created by Beau Smith. IDW Entertainment, in partnership with Syfy, Space and Seven24 Films, said today that production on Season 4 is scheduled to begin later this year for premiere in summer 2020 on Syfy in the U.S. and Space in Canada. That will make for a two-year gap between seasons 3 and 4.

The fourth season of Wynonna Earp was delayed by issues with funding at IDW, which earlier in the year said that it was in danger of losing money on the show. (The parent company IDW Media Holdings  continues to face financial challenges, recently reporting a net loss of $3.7 million for second quarter of 2019.) Some of the difficulties stemmed from the series losing its international distribution deal with Netflix after the first two seasons.

The start-of-production news comes a year after a fourth season pickup of Wynonna Earp by Syfy was announced at Comic-Con last summer. In fact, Syfy had ordered two seasons (4 and 5), as revealed in IDW’s public filing of December 21, 2018, and remains committed to airing both, sources said.

• Love 9
(edited)

I binge-watched this show lately and I gotta say I loved most of it but the second part of season 3 was pretty bad.  Too many dumb twists. Did they come up with the idiotic "Doc is a vampire" storyline just so he could suck the poison in the end? And the way the killed Dolls was just so dumb - even if it's true the actor wanted to leave they could have written a much better death scene for him. Wynonna's boyfriend being Waverly was too stupid for words and Bulshar was the least charismatic and menacing bad guy ever.

But overall I enjoyed the show so much more than I expected to. It's very reminiscent of early Buffy but I gotta say I like Wynonna much more than I ever liked Buffy (the character, not the show). Her one-liners make me laugh so much and she genuinely is messed up psychologically and not one of those "bad childhood but actually fine" protagonists television loves so much. I ship the hell out of WayHaught, love that the sheriff actually tries to help the team and is a cool guy unlike literally every authority figure in Buffy. I hope Julian's rings conveniently disappears or stops magical because I prefer Waverly without superpowers.

Seems like it's going to be a long wait for season 4 but I will be watching when it comes out. Even when the plots make no sense I enjoy the characters too much to drop the show.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4

I actually still haven't watched episodes 8-12 of season three. I got frustrated when it started going off the rails in the same way Lost Girl did... just getting incoherent. Emily Andras has amazing ideas, but as a writer she takes "show, don't tell" so far that she doesn't explain anything. Motivations come out of nowhere, people infer things they couldn't possibly know, people say things that make no sense. I'm an attentive viewer, and this show keeps making me feel like I missed something when I didn't -- it just wasn't explained.

I'll catch up before season four, once we get a date for that. I love all the characters and want to know what happens to them. I just hope the show makes more sense when it comes back.

• Love 3

Haven't watched this show since Dolls left and Wynonna got pregnant with the scruffy one's child. Shit went haywire from there. I may give it another look. A lot of good Syfy has been cancelled and I'm grateful for at least one familiar show that can be distracting from this Coronamess. 

(edited)

For the new season, only six episodes will air this summer, with the back half of the season to air at a later time.

From today's press release:

...WYNONNA EARP is set to premiere its fourth season on Sunday, July 26 at 10/9c on SYFY.

Due to the enforced production break caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the first 6 episodes will culminate in a mid-season finale airing on Sunday, August 30 at 10/9c on SYFY. Production on the final 6 episodes of the fourth season is slated to resume later this summer in Calgary.

The press release also mentions that there will be a Comic-Con@Home panel for Wynonna Earp with Emily Andras and the core cast:

Additionally, WYNONNA EARP will join the panel lineup for Comic-Con@Home, the virtual program for San Diego Comic-Con that runs from July 23-26. The panel is expected to include special appearances by Emily Andras, Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Dominique Provost-Chalkley, Katherine Barrell and Varun Saranga.

Edited by Just Here
formatting

Here is the show's Comic-Con@Home 2020 panel.  The run time is about 36 minutes, which includes the above recap.

SYFY: Wynonna Earp | Comic-Con@Home 2020

After a long wait, a lot of Earping, and a ton of Times Square billboards, Wynonna Earp is finally returning to SYFY. Join showrunner Emily Andras alongside cast members Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Dominique Provost-Chalkley, Katherine Barrell, and Varun Saranga as they talk about the highly anticipated 4th season, show off their best impressions, challenge each other with a round of trivia, and share a sneak peek of the season 4 premiere episode!

The "sneak peek" starts at about 31:34 and runs to about 34:10.