Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Pretty good start... I gotta admit I'm confused... When did wynona get back with doc... Or did she at all??...  What happened to her and dolls.. Or is it some weird open un-nameable set up they got going on

• Love 1
On 7/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, UNOSEZ said:

When did wynona get back with doc... Or did she at all??...  What happened to her and dolls..

Wynonna is not with either one of them.

I thought this was a lot of fun.   Drunk Wynonna is always entertaining and the snark was good; the vamps were threatening at first with the glamour and everyone's reactions to being glamoured were funny.  The vamps went out pretty easily though so there's got to be more there.

Glad we're back!

26 minutes ago, raven said:

Wynonna is not with either one of them.

Well the show seemed to intimate that she chose doc... Plus they kissed.. I just need clarification as to the status of that triangle... If its her and doc... Her and dolls.. Her on her own... Some kind of open thing... I'm good with any iteration.. Just need to know

• Love 1
On 7/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Well the show seemed to intimate that she chose doc... Plus they kissed.. I just need clarification as to the status of that triangle... If its her and doc... Her and dolls.. Her on her own... Some kind of open thing... I'm good with any iteration.. Just need to know

Good luck with that.  It's an ongoing question.  For those that must have missed the previous season, "Previously on........".  Wynonna, as usual, got drunk and had sex, the two are like a mixer with her, "Bartender, I'll have a whiskey with a shag chaser, burp!".  The pregnancy progressed supernaturally quick, leading Wyn and Waves to guess Demon Spawn. Wyn spent the first third of the season trying to figure out who baby daddy was.  Dolls, who is in love with Wynonna, got bummed because it meant somebody got to her heart and he was hoping it was him. Both Dolls and Doc love Wynonna, but it's been unclear who has Wynonna's heart. She likes Doc and loves their friendship, but she has a particular affection for Dolls, as witnessed by their out-of-the-blue bed scene last season. Nothing happened, but they looked very comfortable in the bed together. At first she thought a particular demon  she had sex with was the baby's father, but he proved to be such an ass and kept announcing how he knocked up the heir, that Wynonna was left with no choice but to use, Peacemaker on him.  After much investigation, it turned out that Doc was the baby daddy. Hence, the supernatural lineage. Once word got out that there was a baby out there, all the demons were after it and started a war with the Earps, Doc, Dolls, Haught and Jeremy (count out Rosita, who turned out to be a reformed demon who also wanted the baby to barter her way out of Hell). Eventually, after many pregnancy jokes and humor, a baby girl was born, Alice, who was promptly shipped out to Wynonna's Aunt Gus. The whole ordeal has left both Doc and Wynonna sort of estranged. Dolls, ever the Gentleman is always there for Wynonna and has her back and bites his tongue like the good little dragon that he is. The show seems to revel in the ambiguous nature of the true nature of the triangle. Wynonna kisses Doc, but also kisses Dolls, who treasures those little moments.  If you want a definitive answer, I would place my bet on Wynonna and Doc, if only for Alice's sake and their shared bond and the fact that Wynonna sort of misses Doc's closeness. However, I feel that she cares for Dolls a lot but doesn't want to hurt his feelings or Doc's.

One thing that I'm curious about is Wynonna's feelings about WayHaught. Sometimes, she seems to accept that Waverly and Nicole love each other, but other times I get the sense that the care-free Wynonna is anti-lesbian and is unapproving of her sister with another woman, much like Willa was.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Pretty good start... I gotta admit I'm confused... When did wynona get back with doc... Or did she at all??...  What happened to her and dolls.. Or is it some weird open un-nameable set up they got going on

I think Wynonna's relationship with both of them is still nebulous at best.  Though she and Doc share the added connection now of having a daughter together...even if they aren't raising the child.  But she also kissed Dolls on the cheek when he took out a revenant so...

Though I have always appreciated in the show that both men the "triangle" seem to respect Wynonna and never seem to act like she owes them anything or pushes her to make a choice between the two of them.  And while they certainly didn't like each other at first, I think that stemmed how different they are from each other rather than jealousy over Wynonna.  I find it refreshing, and I'm glad there isn't a whole lot of angst about who Wynonna will end up with.

10 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

One thing that I'm curious about is Wynonna's feelings about WayHaught. Sometimes, she seems to accept that Waverly and Nicole love each other, but other times I get the sense that the care-free Wynonna is anti-lesbian and is unapproving of her sister with another woman, much like Willa was.

So I don't think Wynonna is the most enlightened person in the world about sexuality and I think she has a decidedly heteronormative worldview.  Her complete cluelessness about even the existence of WayHaught in the first season, when everyone from Aunt Gus to Dolls had already figured it out, certainly shows that.  It's obvious that she never entertained the idea that her sister might be attracted to another woman.  She also didn't know how to refer to Nicole, when Waverly had to introduce Nicole as her girlfriend and her knee-jerk assumption that Nicole was married to a man when Waverly told her about the marriage in season two.  It actually doesn't bother me and I say that as a queer woman.  Firstly I think Wynonna is more than a little self-centered, and often doesn't bother to look at the world through any lens but her own and she's straight so she just kind of assumes everyone else is too.  And secondly, given when and where she grew up it makes complete sense that she wouldn't be completely enlightened about sexuality.  That being said I don't think she's homophobic (Willa very obviously was IMO) by any extent and her missteps stem more from ignorance than malice.

I do think Wynonna is sort of ambivalent about Nicole.  She doesn't really dislike her but she's not a big fan either.  I don't think this has anything to do with the fact Nicole is a woman dating Waverly, but rather that Nicole is a human that is dating Waverly.  I think Wynonna is predisposed not to like the person (any person) that Waverly is dating.  Part of it is because, I think like many siblings, she doesn't think anyone is good enough for Waverly.  I also think another part is that she is jealous of Nicole and Waverly's relationship.  I don't think that Wynonna is fond of not being the most important person in Waverly's life.  I also think she worries that Waverly's relationship with Nicole will take Waverly away from her.  I think she has a big fear that Waverly will abandon her and doesn't realize that Waverly can love her and love someone else too.   She showed jealously over their relationship before she even knew it was a relationship in the first season when she sarcastically asked if Nicole was Waverly's best friend now.  Now, none this makes her the world's greatest sister, but I do think it makes her an interesting character, YMMV.  And I'd like her and Nicole to spend more time together and maybe get to a place where Nicole's relationship with Waverly doesn't threaten Wynonna as much.  Their Pussy Willows escapades last season seemed like a good start.

So I wasn't blown away by this episode.  I do like the idea of other supernatural baddies showing up in Purgatory for Wynonna to kill.   But I thought this episode was a bit choppy and I realize part of that was to highlight the effect the vampires had on the town, but I still wasn't a fan.   I also kind of felt that way about the second season premiere and I really liked the season overall, so I'm not worried.  Though I'm not sure having most of your character act out of character for big sections of the show was the best move as a premiere episode.  I don't know about anyone else but I want to see the characters I like again not them acting bizarrely, at least not in the first episode.  And It did seem to be filmed differently than either the first or the second season.  I don't know if it was a one-off thing once again to highlight the trippiness of the vampires or it's permanent.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

I'm not sure how I feel about Nicole's apparent connection to the cult of Bulshar either.  On the one hand, I like her character and would like to see more of her, on the other I always kind of liked that she managed to be an average person without a dark and twisted backstory and still be an interesting character.  And as a side note, how long did they leave the bodies at Pussy Willows? Nicole goes back after the whole vampire party and the bodies are still there, that must have been a bit ripe.  

I am looking forward to more Mamma Earp.  I like the brief interaction between her and Wynonna.  It also ties in nicely to Wynonna's fear early in the first season that she was crazy now not only because of her own history of being in and out of mental institutions but also because her (or at least she believed) mother was crazy.  Though if she's in jail or a facility how did scene last season of Wynonna talking to her outside happen?  Was that in the past, or the future?  Was just a production OOPs?

I'm looking forward to how the season plays out.  The crash was jarring and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in any case.

Edited by Proclone
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Proclone said:

I think Wynonna's relationship with both of them is still nebulous at best.  Though she and Doc share the added connection now of having a daughter together...even if they aren't raising the child.  But she also kissed Dolls on the cheek when he took out a revenant so...

Speaking of nebulous, your grasp of the history and memories of character incidents is definitely more complete than mind, so I feel you are the right person to ask this question: I recall, during last season when the "Spider Ladies" were in full on mischief mode, there was a dance held at the town hall (I remember thinking "now here's a new set I had not seen before") and Wynonna was dressed to the nines and looking especially beautiful, she and Dolls kissed full on and for an extended period. It had the effect on me that made me think "At last, Wynonna has made her choice and it seemed to be Dolls".  Am I remembering correctly, did such a scene occur? If so, any thoughts on that scene with regards to the "Triangle"?

And It did seem to be filmed differently than either the first or the second season.  I don't know if it was a one-off thing once again to highlight the trippiness of the vampires or it's permanent.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

I think the fact that there were Vampires in the lore of the Iron Triangle was a bit startling that first, and I did not like that they arrived with such a fanfare and Nedley was so Welcoming.  How did he know of their existence and was able to spot them so early on.  Dolls seemed familiar with them, and they him. What I did not like was how easily they were dispatched. It was poorly done special effects wise, and WAY too easy to kill such powerful creatures. So I was disappointed in their use.

I am looking forward to more Mamma Earp.  I like the brief interaction between her and Wynonna.  It also ties in nicely to Wynonna's fear early in the first season that she was crazy now not only because of her own history of being in and out of mental institutions but also because her (or at least she believed) mother was crazy.  Though if she's in jail or a facility how did scene last season of Wynonna talking to her outside happen?  Was that in the past, or the future?  Was just a production OOPs?

Now THIS is truly an introduction that merited more fanfare, I don't recall Wynonna's mom being outside talking to her, so, I'll have to try to do a bit more research on the moment, but the acquisition and introduction of Wynonna's mom, being played by Megan Follows, who also played the very important and outstanding role of Queen Catherine de' Medici in the CW series, "Reign" is quite a coup and deserved a big "Ta Da". Ms. Follows is an outstanding actor and should be a welcome addition to the cast. If any of you watched the series, "Reign", you would know how popular the character was and how she was a major character almost even more so, than Adelaide Kane, who actually played Mary, Queen of Scots.  In addition, it was a side comment made by Mama Earp and later accepted by Waves, but it still answered a small question, Mama Earp is Wave's biological mother because she had said, my girls, meaning Wyn and Waves, So Waves is an Earp from the Matriarchal side, at least. Waves is not the offspring of a tryst by Papa Earp.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1
(edited)

The kiss with Dolls was after Doc had run away... So I don't look at it as her fully making a choice, just that she has feelings for them both and Doc was gone... but then he showed up right at the kiss for extra drama :) But because this show isn't terrible, they actually didn't have too much drama about it. 

We met Mama Earp via her back during the final episode of last season, Wynonna left town and found her sitting on a rock outdoors, in what looked like an isolated place and not a jail/asylum... but all we saw was the back of her head because they hadn't cast her yet.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Speaking of nebulous, your grasp of the history and memories of character incidents is definitely more complete than mind, so I feel you are the right person to ask this question: I recall, during last season when the "Spider Ladies" were in full on mischief mode, there was a dance held at the town hall (I remember thinking "now here's a new set I had not seen before") and Wynonna was dressed to the nines and looking especially beautiful, she and Dolls kissed full on and for an extended period. It had the effect on me that made me think "At last, Wynonna has made her choice and it seemed to be Dolls".  Am I remembering correctly, did such a scene occur? If so, any thoughts on that scene with regards to the "Triangle"?

I think the fact that there were Vampires in the lore of the Iron Triangle was a bit startling that first, and I did not like that they arrived with such a fanfare and Nedley was so Welcoming.  How did he know of their existence and was able to spot them so early on.  Dolls seemed familiar with them, and they him. What I did not like was how easily they were dispatched. It was poorly done special effects wise, and WAY too easy to kill such powerful creatures. So I was disappointed in their use.

Now THIS is truly an introduction that merited more fanfare, I don't recall Wynonna's mom being outside talking to her, so, I'll have to try to do a bit more research on the moment, but the acquisition and introduction of Wynonna's mom, being played by Megan Follows, who also played the very important and outstanding role of Queen Catherine de' Medici in the CW series, "Reign" is quite a coup and deserved a big "Ta Da". Ms. Follows is an outstanding actor and should be a welcome addition to the cast. If any of you watched the series, "Reign", you would know how popular the character was and how she was a major character almost even more so, than Adelaide Kane, who actually played Mary, Queen of Scots.  In addition, it was a side comment made by Mama Earp and later accepted by Waves, but it still answered a small question, Mama Earp is Wave's biological mother because she had said, my girls, meaning Wyn and Waves, So Waves is an Earp from the Matriarchal side, at least. Waves is not the offspring of a tryst by Papa Earp.

I think you may be thinking of the first season when Bobo threw the party and poisoned the town.  Wynonna and Dolls kissed there, but as Roctavia said it was after Doc had supposedly left town (Though he did come back just in time to witness the kiss) and before Doll revealed himself to be (to quote Wynonna) a tiny super sexy dragon.  So that I think leaves the relationships nebulous again.  Dolls and Wynonna did have the cuddling in bed scene last season after Wynonna came back from the dead...or never having existed...so definitely nebulous.  As I said, I find it rather refreshing that both men seem content to let Wynonna make up her own mind about which one she prefers...or not to make up her mind as it doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

As a side note, I think that set was the same as the one they use for the Gardner house (the same house they had the vampire party in).

I don't think Nedley was so welcoming of his own volition.  I think the vampires threw a whammy on pretty much everyone they came into contact with, except Wynonna because of Peacemaker, Dolls because he's a dragon, and Doc because...he's immortal?  As soon as Wynonna started to kill them, and the thrall over everyone was broken Nedley was staking vampires too.  Like I said I don't think the premier was the best time to have your characters act out of character.  I think Dolls may have run-ins with vampires before with black badge, which would explain his knowledge of them.  It doesn't really explain how Doc had knowledge of them though, other than he's 130 some-odd years old.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, roctavia said:

The kiss with Dolls was after Doc had run away... So I don't look at it as her fully making a choice, just that she has feelings for them both and Doc was gone... but then he showed up right at the kiss for extra drama :) But because this show isn't terrible, they actually didn't have too much drama about it. 

We met Mama Earp via her back during the final episode of last season, Wynonna left down and found her sitting on a rock outdoors, in what looked like an isolated place and not a jail/asylum... but all we saw was the back of her head because they hadn't cast her yet.

Oh good, I thought I might have misremembered the end of season two, but that's my recollection of it as well.  There do seem to be promotional photos of Wynonna and Mamma Earp standing outside in a place similar to the one shown in season two, so maybe it was a flash forward farther then we all thought (though the cutting of scene made it appear concurrent with Nicole, Waverly, Jeremy, and Dolls all having a coffee outside just after the events of season two so....).

Edited by Proclone
  • Love 1

Ah, vampires! As inevitable in Urban Fantasy as black leather ensembles and daddy issues! 

Great to see the show back tonight! The gang is working well together (despite some interpersonal drama), even with the appearance of vampires, in all their eurotrash glory! Complete with sexy purple smoke! And sexy background music! It was nice to have some new monsters to fight, even if it was just for one episode. And to see everyone teaming up to fight evil, like a significantly drunker Scooby Gang! 

Poor Jeremy. Always falling for unavailable undead guys. I cracked the hell up when Wynonna showed up at the house, and Waverley, Nicole, and Jeremy were all whammied, and looked like they were about to start getting down, and just knocked Wynonna out, like this was all normal. I mean, yeah murder and lack of self is bad, but the clothes are awesome. Also, didnt they imply last season that there was something supernatural with Jeremy? I hope they follow up on that. 

The Dolls/Wynonna/Doc triangle is interesting, because I truly have no idea who she is the most into at any given moment. I think she kind of loves both of them, but none of them are super invested in fully investing in a managomous relationship, especially Wynonna. Plus, as much as they get on each others nerves, Doc and Dolls are pretty fond of each other, when no ones looking, and are totally cool with working together. They're all just hanging in this weird, Not A Couple no mans land. 

I think that Wynonna was weirded out at the thought of her sister with a woman at first, mostly out of lack of knowledge than any real hatred, but now she just feels rather meh on Nicole because she doesn't think anyone is really worthy of her little sister. This backstory stuff should be interesting, I am actually a bit excited to see where she fits into this. 

Also, randomly, I really love the title track, and the opening credits. They nail the tone of the show perfectly.

• Love 3

What was up with the whole "Eat a dick!" battle cry from Wynonna?  Even she (Wynonna) was embarrassed about it and begged others to make her stop uttering it.  She began to shout it again, when Doc called her off.  I would have thought Emily Andras would refrain from such graphic language especially for a show which is pretty loose when it comes to sexuality.

The main character on Emily Andras’ last show (“Lost Girl”) was also involved in a nebulous love triangle that lasted for most of the run of the show. The main character finally chose in the last season, but I’m not sure if I can see Wynonna fully committing to Doc or Dolls. This isn’t something you usually see and I love how drama free it all is.

As for the episode, I was surprised the vampires were killed so quickly. I was expecting them to be a much bigger part of the season. But since the vampire that has a past with Doc has escaped, I guess there could be more to it. 

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

The main character on Emily Andras’ last show (“Lost Girl”) was also involved in a nebulous love triangle that lasted for most of the run of the show. The main character finally chose in the last season, but I’m not sure if I can see Wynonna fully committing to Doc or Dolls. This isn’t something you usually see and I love how drama free it all is.

I know Ms. Andras has no qualms about sexuality and verbalizing it, I watched "Lost Girl" since the pilot, my confusion was with her use of the term "Dick", as in eat.it. I've never heard her write that in as part of a conversation before. Now, the P-word is constantly in use and the last episode, Wynonna asked the question of "When did Taco Tuesdays become a formal affair?" coming home to a dressed up WayHaught and Jeremy.  As far as the Wynonna-Dolls-Doc triangle, it doesn't bother me, although I wish Dolls would get some loving also.  He did make a snide comment at their dinner/drink table about Wynonna making the wrong choices.  OT, and I'll probably get the Forum police scolding for it, but just for clarification and NOT an extended dialogue, (sorry Baggythe Panther, but the Po-Po are killing me) Are you talking Bo-Dyson-Lauren or Bo-Lauren-Tamsin as far as chosen triangle?  I forget what the final decision was.  I assume, since you mentioned that it lasted for most of the run of the show, that you mean a "Dyson" sandwich.

@Jacks-Son I was talking about Bo-Dyson-Lauren. I totally forgot about Bo-Lauren-Tamsin, even though Tamsin was my favorite (until she went off the deep end in season 5). Bo chose Lauren, btw.

Is there a proper place on the forum where I could post about Wynonna Earp/Lost Girl comparisons? Because sometimes things come up but I don’t want to hijack a thread.

9 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

Is there a proper place on the forum where I could post about Wynonna Earp/Lost Girl comparisons? Because sometimes things come up but I don’t want to hijack a thread.

How could you forget Tamsin? Tamsin, was such a cutie when she was fighting with Lauren over Bo, she was so possessive and enjoyed throwing her closeness to Bo in Lauren's face. I thought it was a hoot.  I don't think she went off the deep end, she just realized that Bo didn't see her that way and it hurt her. By he time Bo chose Lauren, Lauren had moved on and Bo was on the verge of taking over for her father.

Anyway, as far as a general chit-chat forum, I suppose you can post to the thread, "Small Talk: Shooting the Breeze" and it would be all right, its specifically set aside for OT subjects. You might want to check with Silverstormm, though.

(edited)
14 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

As for the episode, I was surprised the vampires were killed so quickly. I was expecting them to be a much bigger part of the season. But since the vampire that has a past with Doc has escaped, I guess there could be more to it. 

She appears to be based on Big Nose Kate who was the real Doc's girlfriend who was a pretty interesting woman. 

http://www.tombstonetimes.com/stories/kate.html

https://truewestmagazine.com/she-was-more-than-a-big-nose/

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/02/17/big-nose-kate-was-a-hungarian-born-prostitute-and-common-law-wife-of-old-west-gunfighter-doc-holliday/

Edited by MrPissyPuppy
one more link!
(edited)

Well, that was the usual occasionally confusing fun. I actually liked how easy they got rid of the vampires, it was in tune with the main characters eye-rolling acceptance that vampires had to show up sooner or later - I took it as almost breaking down the fourth wall. At the end it was all 'vampires ticked off the to-do list - let's move on'. Jeremy's 'Any thoughts on Twilight?' had me giggling.

I suppose the love triangle remains intact - sort of mirroring the Ghost River Triangle. I'd pick Dolls because dragons are cooler than the undead but that's just me. The Contessa will probably throw a (temporary) wrench into things.

Add me to the list of people confused about mum's whereabouts last season - but I guess the show will clear that up.

ETA: Learned a new word: ecdysiast, thanks Doc for constantly improving my vocab.

Edited by MissLucas
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

ETA: Learned a new word: ecdysiast, thanks Doc for constantly improving my vocab.

Should be interesting using it in a sentence. Imagine the context. It also shows where Emily Andras’ head is at.  If I drank, it would be one Hell of a drinking game to hoist one every time sex or a euphemism for sex is used in a dialogue on this show. Although I wouldn’t put ecdysiast in that category unlike “taco Tuesdays now being formal”. (which was a hilarious line by Wynonna)

(edited)
On 7/19/2018 at 9:12 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Good luck with that.  It's an ongoing question.  For those that must have missed the previous season, "Previously on........".  Wynonna, as usual, got drunk and had sex, the two are like a mixer with her, "Bartender, I'll have a whiskey with a shag chaser, burp!".  The pregnancy progressed supernaturally quick, leading Wyn and Waves to guess Demon Spawn. Wyn spent the first third of the season trying to figure out who baby daddy was.  Dolls, who is in love with Wynonna, got bummed because it meant somebody got to her heart and he was hoping it was him. Both Dolls and Doc love Wynonna, but it's been unclear who has Wynonna's heart. She likes Doc and loves their friendship, but she has a particular affection for Dolls, as witnessed by their out-of-the-blue bed scene last season. Nothing happened, but they looked very comfortable in the bed together. At first she thought a particular demon  she had sex with was the baby's father, but he proved to be such an ass and kept announcing how he knocked up the heir, that Wynonna was left with no choice but to use, Peacemaker on him.  After much investigation, it turned out that Doc was the baby daddy. Hence, the supernatural lineage. Once word got out that there was a baby out there, all the demons were after it and started a war with the Earps, Doc, Dolls, Haught and Jeremy (count out Rosita, who turned out to be a reformed demon who also wanted the baby to barter her way out of Hell). Eventually, after many pregnancy jokes and humor, a baby girl was born, Alice, who was promptly shipped out to Wynonna's Aunt Gus. The whole ordeal has left both Doc and Wynonna sort of estranged. Dolls, ever the Gentleman is always there for Wynonna and has her back and bites his tongue like the good little dragon that he is. The show seems to revel in the ambiguous nature of the true nature of the triangle. Wynonna kisses Doc, but also kisses Dolls, who treasures those little moments.  If you want a definitive answer, I would place my bet on Wynonna and Doc, if only for Alice's sake and their shared bond and the fact that Wynonna sort of misses Doc's closeness. However, I feel that she cares for Dolls a lot but doesn't want to hurt his feelings or Doc's.

I'm gonna make it real simple, that black man has no shot in this triangle. I don't even know why they put Dolls in this position in the first place. White supremacy and particularly white male superiority has to be highlighted. Some of you may think that has nothing to with it but it does along with most things in society. Ask yourself how many triangle situations you have seen in movies and T.V with a black and white male suitor where the black man got the girl. Just look at te way this triangle has played out, Dolls has barely been in the game and has had to basically repress his feelings while Doc has basically had an intimate relationship with Wynonna.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I'm gonna make it real simple, that black man has no shot in this triangle. I don't even know why they put Dolls in this position in the first place. White supremacy and particularly white male superiority has to be highlighted. Some of you may think that has nothing to with it but it does along with most things in society. Ask yourself how many triangle situations you have seen in movies and T.V with a black and white male suitor where the black man got the girl. Just look at te way this triangle has played out, Dolls has barely been in the game and has had to basically repress his feelings while Doc has basically had an intimate relationship with Wynonna.

Hey, no fair, injecting reality into my fictional television. Although Emily Andras had one of her most popular characters, Kenzie, fall in love with and marry Hale, a black Siren Fae who served as Ash on “Lost Girl”. Of course he died, more reality. :-(

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

, no fair, injecting reality into my fictional television. Although Emily Andras had one of her most popular characters, Kenzie, fall in love with and marry Hale, a black Siren Fae who served as Ash on “Lost Girl”. Of course he died, more reality. :-(

Lol half-way thru your post I was thinking.... And they Killed him off too... I'm mixed race so I do tend to think about race and how it's represented on screen.. And I'll be honest even tho I've noticed that dolls at least seems like the odd man out.  I never really got to thinking about the racial aspect... But it has seemed like wynonna has or at least attempts to work harder for Doc's attn... Now that could just be... He's more elusive so she chases... I dunno 

• Love 2

I’m mixed race also, but I don’t really think of Wynonna’s preference for one suitor over another as a racial thing. (Reality not-withstanding) Wynonna, seems to like her men buff; she had a hard time training with Dolls, because she was distracted by his body, same with her Jason Mamoa obsession. That’s why I find her being with Doc, so confusing, not because he’s White, but because he doesn’t seem to be her type, body-wise. Maybe she favors stringy hair and wife-beater undershirts in her men, who knows, it could be she likes bad boys, it could also just be Emily Andras preference being reflected in Wynonna’s choice. (Although, I suspect Emily likes her partners soft and of the feminine variety.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

It's too nebulous and way to open to our interpretations after one kinda odd season premiere 

Yes, it’s too open to our interpretations, but the show has been on for quite awhile, and Dolls has sort of been pining after her since the beginning, they both have (meaning Doc) . However, I’m with BaggythePanther, I don’t think Wynonna is a monogamous, Long-term gal, and like  MissLucas says, The Contessa’s arrival in Purgatory may throw a wrench in the romantic dynamics. So, it should be interesting. I’d like to see Dolls chase after another character (and NO, NOT the Contessa, Black female for Black male is a cheap cop-out and pandering to stereotype)

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

@Jacks-Son the only time it was even intimated that dills may have been looking for love elsewhere was the season 2 premiere  when Rachel skarsten popped up for about 11 mins... And nonna was super jealous 

That whole episode pissed me off. Dolls finally gets attention from someone else and she’s killed off in the same episode. And it was such a waste of Rachel Skarsten. I would have loved to see RS play a recurring character. Or at least one who had the potential to come back. Hell, even Rosita is still alive somewhere.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

That whole episode pissed me off. Dolls finally gets attention from someone else and she’s killed off in the same episode. And it was such a waste of Rachel Skarsten. I would have loved to see RS play a recurring character. Or at least one who had the potential to come back. Hell, even Rosita is still alive somewhere.

Plus the two of them seemed to be more brother sister dragons.. Than could ve lovers... As I posted before.. However they wanna play it out I'm ok with I just wanna know the general direction.. Which is why I said ima just wait a few episodes abd maybe it'll become clear

(edited)
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

@Jacks-Son the only time it was even intimated that dills may have been looking for love elsewhere was the season 2 premiere  when Rachel skarsten popped up for about 11 mins... And nonna was super jealous 

Good memories, the both of you.  I remember that episode and I didn't even know that RS was going to be on it.  I love me some Rachel Skarsten I remember posting that it was such a disappointment that it was a one-off.  I think that's the time Wynonna found her in the hotel room and they fought and Wynonna was jealous and super pissed that RS was wearing her panties or nice panties that Wynonna couldn't help remarking on.  I've loved RS ever since she was on "Birds of Prey", I thought she was even hotter than the current hottie during that time, Ashley Scott.  I even enjoyed Rachel Skarsten as Queen Elizabeth in the CW's "Reign".  Yesterday's talk of RS in "Lost Girl" called for a rewatch of some S5 episodes featuring her longing after Bo. The time she was in Bo's bed and wanted to start something. And the time she was a cheerleader and faced off against another cutie, Anna Hopkins, pre-"Defiance" and "Arrow".   Okay, Mods, I'm done. Gonna rewatch the "Wynonna Earp" S2 premiere on Netflix now.

Edited by Jacks-Son
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Plus the two of them seemed to be more brother sister dragons.. Than could ve lovers... As I posted before.. However they wanna play it out I'm ok with I just wanna know the general direction.. Which is why I said ima just wait a few episodes abd maybe it'll become clear

I could be wrong but it seems clear to me already. I just want Dolls out of that situation.

50 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

IMO nothing will beat Tamsin’s “dance to the death”.

@BaggythePanther  What episode was that in?  OT: Zoie played an Android in "Dark Matters", she was outstanding.

7 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

@BaggythePanther  What episode was that in?  OT: Zoie played an Android in "Dark Matters", she was outstanding.

Season 4, episode 5. There was a battle to the death by any means and Tamsin chose dancing.

I love Dark Matter and I’m still pissed it was canceled on a cliffhanger. To quote Wynonna, SyFy can ‘Eat a dick’.

• Love 1

I was surprised at how much I missed this cast! Many of the character beats made sense-Dolls watching out for Wynonna from afar, Doc engaging with Wynonna only in ways that eschew intimacy(early on), Wynonna dealing with all those feelings(loss, change, etc.) by drinking, training, and fighting hard, WayHaught looking out for Wy and loving on one another as Wave deals with uncertainty.  That said, I have mixed feelings about the vamps being dealt with so easily, however the epi did work well to frame the season’s narrative overall. 

I also appreciate that Wy/Dolls/Doc relationship is depicted as is. I understand her attraction to both and their attraction/connection to her as well. I do think that Dolls would eventually want more than what Wynonna can or will give—I think Doc is more open in that way, but again, I’m enjoying the lack of angst. 

I also see the...whatever you want to call it, about Wynonna’s feelings towards Waverly and Nicole’s relationship and like another poster mentioned, I think part of it is Wynonna is such a dominant personality. She is like a planet with all these moons in her orbit. Nicole threatens that—she’s smart and she won’t be manipulated or cowed or charmed by Wynonna. Their WH relationship is real and Nicole is also a part of the team—-that opens up many other layers, possibilities with the interaction and relationship between all three. But I do think teaming Wy and Nicole up will help them bond. 

And I’m still loving Waverly’s wardrobe?

So the slaughter inside Pussy Willows was not by the vamps, but someone/thing else?

What was the purpose to the vamps again?  just seemed like such a one-off with very little plot.

How did mama Earp get into jail?  She was outside in the mountains last season.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

What was the purpose to the vamps again?  just seemed like such a one-off with very little plot

Ultimately, I think the real purpose of the vamps was to bring the audience up to speed on the characters and their current status. With regards to the storyline, the purpose was to introduce two new characters, Mr. Bad, the "Big Boss" Sire of the vamps and "The Countessa" The "Disrupter" who is going to mess with Doc's head and either force him to confront his feelings for Wynonna or dredge up old feelings. Doc is 166 yrs old and he must have met her in Hell through the portal of the Well. He must have known her for a long time perhaps Pre-Vamp, and she has a personal stake in the game. She'll probably target Wynonna to get rid of the competition.

Ummm... What?...  I know I asked for clarification on the somewhat nebulous status of her relationship with dolls... And he did seem to be sparingly used.. But come on... A heroic minority death??  Y'all serious... And now wynonna gets around to truly showing how much she cares.. Now she gets to make proclamations and show how much he meant to her.. While she no doubt gets herself up into the arms of some handsome white chap in the next few episodes.. Before circling back round to Doc... I may be off  a bit.. But isn't this how Hale got done on Lost Girl... Apparently Emily Andras likes her brothas to die heroes saving brunettes n blondes and such.. And the absolute kicker.. Next week the black vampire lady shows up.. I guess to fill the void... Great Job Walking Wynonna... Smh.. I'm upset... I guess the silver lining of  Dark Matter getting canceled was me not having to see the team mourn after 6 ( Captains Canada Roger Cross)  seemingly sacrificed himself at the end of the last season... Canadian Sci-Fi... Ima need y'all to do better... Mohammed got killed and turned on van helsing.   The only black werewolf dude on Bitten got killed being heroic... I'm done rant over.. Sorry

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

A heroic minority death??  Y'all serious...

"Hollywood is calling and has been for a couple years now. We’re all very open behind the scenes and Shamier had indicated that as grateful as he was to Wynonna, he was ready to move on. We felt like he gave us an extra year to tell more of Dolls’ story and we felt like this was the best course of action to make everyone happy."

According to this interview, it was Shamier Anderson's decision to leave, and he got to choose how Dolls exited...

Was Dolls underdeveloped?  Sure, but he also isn't the main character.  Given more time, we'd probably have gotten more back story/focus on Dolls.  But at the end of the day, the show had limited options if the actor wanted to leave.  Blaming the writers/creator for this is reaching.  They didn't thoughtlessly kill off a POC character for views or for no reason.  I understand the frustration, there's certainly a depressing trend for both POC and LGBT characters.  However, if Dolls had to exit, a heroic death is exactly how he should have gone.  (And honestly, this is a sci-fi show and Dolls is a dragon; I'm sure if they wanted to bring him back at some point they could).

Not the strongest episode, but definitely memorable.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Kate213 said:

Was Dolls underdeveloped?  Sure, but he also isn't the main character.

He was the 2nd billed star and treated like the 5th man.. Of course he wanted to move on... We know more about Nicole haught.. Then we did dolls.. And while I could get into a whole other thing about it... My main concern initially is the big trend to kill off ( usually the only blk character)  in some grand sacrifice for the multitudes of surviving white folk.. Like his life is now complete because gave his life for them.. I even pointed out where I've seen it happen recently in my previous post... So one its just tiresome two I absolutely blame TPTB because how are the 3rd 4th and 5th stars of the show all more developed than the 2nd?.. They pitched  him as a co-lead and maybe some folks who wouldn't have otherwise tuned in.. And those ppl saw something they've seen time and  time again... Something much better than tokenism.. But not really full inclusivity... From his TV guide interview I get the feeling there were many things he wanted for his character... And we know he didn't get... What we got left with.. Is a character who got treated like the 5th star.. With almost no real exploration of his motivations.. All we know is that he loved Wynonna.. Had to take drugs... Could be dangerous when angry.. And was super selfless and noble... So noble that he gave his life... So now we get to see his almost all white friends be super sad... And for  a show I really like.. That's a bummer 

• Love 7

That was some poop, if you are going to kill off a major character, at least give a good fight scene. The camera was jumping around to all the characters, Dolls fight lasted 2 seconds, he grabs a guy and burps some fire. Ten minutes later after all the scenes are wrapped up, the pan back to Dolls and he is dead. Anticlimax much?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Ummm... What?...  I know I asked for clarification on the somewhat nebulous status of her relationship with dolls... And he did seem to be sparingly used.. But come on... A heroic minority death??  Y'all serious... And now wynonna gets around to truly showing how much she cares.. Now she gets to make proclamations and show how much he meant to her.. While she no doubt gets herself up into the arms of some handsome white chap in the next few episodes.. Before circling back round to Doc... I may be off  a bit.. But isn't this how Hale got done on Lost Girl... Apparently Emily Andras likes her brothas to die heroes saving brunettes n blondes and such.. And the absolute kicker.. Next week the black vampire lady shows up.. I guess to fill the void... Great Job Walking Wynonna... Smh.. I'm upset... I guess the silver lining of  Dark Matter getting canceled was me not having to see the team mourn after 6 ( Captains Canada Roger Cross)  seemingly sacrificed himself at the end of the last season... Canadian Sci-Fi... Ima need y'all to do better... Mohammed got killed and turned on van helsing.   The only black werewolf dude on Bitten got killed being heroic... I'm done rant over.. Sorry

You know i'm with you. The way I see it now Dolls is at piece and out of that fake ass triangle and I can stop paying attention to this show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

He was the 2nd billed star and treated like the 5th man.. Of course he wanted to move on... We know more about Nicole haught.. Then we did dolls.. And while I could get into a whole other thing about it... My main concern initially is the big trend to kill off ( usually the only blk character)  in some grand sacrifice for the multitudes of surviving white folk.. Like his life is now complete because gave his life for them.. I even pointed out where I've seen it happen recently in my previous post... So one its just tiresome two I absolutely blame TPTB because how are the 3rd 4th and 5th stars of the show all more developed than the 2nd?.. They pitched  him as a co-lead and maybe some folks who wouldn't have otherwise tuned in.. And those ppl saw something they've seen time and  time again... Something much better than tokenism.. But not really full inclusivity... From his TV guide interview I get the feeling there were many things he wanted for his character... And we know he didn't get... What we got left with.. Is a character who got treated like the 5th star.. With almost no real exploration of his motivations.. All we know is that he loved Wynonna.. Had to take drugs... Could be dangerous when angry.. And was super selfless and noble... So noble that he gave his life... So now we get to see his almost all white friends be super sad... And for  a show I really like.. That's a bummer 

Yup and I too get the feeling there was some things Shamier wanted to say but didn't because he's professional. 

• Love 1