Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My my, has Waverly gone through the emotional rollar coaster lately-and in this episode, made to feel like complete shit and almost giving in to it.

Wait, Waverly's father is an angel? Say what? If that's true, what does that mean? I mean, is she capable of doing outerworldly stuff? I guess we'll find out.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, slaterain said:

I enjoyed this episode if only just to have Megan Follows as Mama to watch (love me some Anne!) I didn't realize she was on Reign too - I may need to check that out. 

Definitely do! She played Catherine de' Medici and she schemed and insulted everyone in sight and chewed up so much scenery -- it was fantastic.

• Love 1

So is Doc immortal again since he is wearing Bulshar's ring??   The effect the goodies had on everybody was quite entertaining, though also frustrating to watch :P Doc had another cookie in his pocket when he went to the station... come on Doc! put down the treats!! 

I do like that many of these bad guys are taken care of quickly. Jolene was a good character, but would have gotten old really fast if she were around more than an episode... 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 10:39 AM, slaterain said:

I liked Jolene and she kinda reminded me of the woman who played Halfrek on Buffy - especially with some of the nuances and the comedic timing. When I realized who it was I was kinda surprised as I really didn't like her on Lost Girl at all. Seeing that she has more skills then I'm curious if she just got better or it just wasn't the right role on Lost Girl. 

She also had a major role in Dark Matter after leaving Lost Girl. Watching the show might help answer your question.

• Love 2

Not only does Jolene shove treats in every time that someone opens their mouth, I want to see the shot of her sneaking them into people's pockets, hence why Doc had the pocket cookie in the police station.  I loved her insult of vampires: "Your lipstick is janky because of your oral fixation."   I remember the body-swap episode of Lost Girl, when Zoie's character was switched with a serial killer and after this ep, I gotta say: Zoie Palmer does a good crazy.

22 hours ago, StarBrand said:

Wait, Waverly's father is an angel? Say what? If that's true, what does that mean? I mean, is she capable of doing outerworldly stuff? I guess we'll find out.

Well, she was able to shoot peacemaker last year, and it glowed blue for her (right before it burned her).  It's funny I guessed that her father was an angel when we saw the angel statue prominently framed in the shot when Waverly asks Mama about her father.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, tennisgurl said:

Come on, we get a character named Jolene, singing a song...and the song isnt Jolene? It was right there, show!

I'm gonna guess it's a rights thing.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

She also had a major role in Dark Matter after leaving Lost Girl. Watching the show might help answer your question.

She was really good on Dark Matter playing an Android trying to figure out the whole "feelings" thing and deal with her crew of weirdos. Lets all take a second to pour one out for Dark Matter, a show cut down in its prime. 

• Love 7

Just wondering-remember when that guy chopped off Waverly's hand (during her possessed period), and it grew back-was that the demon's doing, or Waverly's angelic nature?

Although there's been occasions where Waverly's been shot, etc, so it's not like she can't be injured.  So, that theory's probably me thinking out my ass...

Edited by StarBrand
grammar is good, kids
  • Love 1

I will eventually watch it again his epi on my DVR.. But I wontblie this show has moved to spot two behind killjoys this season.. A big part of it has been Dolls... But also the season feels rudderless... I'm sure the ship will right itself tho

• Love 1

Welp....not at all on board with Doc being a vampire. Just because Dolls was part dragon/lizard doesn’t mean that the show needs to add the unnecessary contrivance of Doc also taking on other supernatural qualities. The fact that he’s still alive and THE Doc Freakin’ Holliday was enough. Hope they find a way to undo this, because it feels like a huge misstep. 

• Love 6

Doing a Christmas episode in late August feels weird to me. Like, when its Christmas time, you get Christmas episodes, and when you get Christmas without Christmas, it just makes the whole thing feel strange and off somehow. Is it just me? 

So Wynonna gets another new love interest? Is this guy going to become a thing now? I get that Wynonna and Doc have never really put a label on their relationship, but it would be nice for them to have some kind of conversation, especially now that its coming up, with Docs vampire wife. Now theyre BOTH going with other people? Come on! Isn't this half the reason they offed poor Dolls? Just so Wynonna can lock lips with a guy who looks so much like that cult leader fireman from last season? 

I like the addition of Mama to the family, and her attempts to have a nice holiday were sweet, if a bit suspect. I do think she knows more than what she lets on though. Geeze, poor Waverly. Her bio dad is some magic something or another who presumably left her mom pregnant, Daddy Earp straight up tried to kill the poor little thing (not a good look when the demon is the nicer guy than the supposed chosen one is, Daddy Earp) and her mom tried to kill her to escape a demon and apparently wasn't too close to her anyway. I guess thats what she gets for being the perky popular one in a family of pissed off drunk cowboys/cowgirls. 

• Love 3

After being put through the emotional wringer last week, it was nice to see Waverly all happy and playful with Nicole. That last scene with her dancing and singing to Nicole was perfection

So, Mom didn't tell much about Julian that we already know of-which is to say, nothing. Yeah, I'm certain she knows much more than she's telling right now.  So everyone is saying Waverly's father is an angel.  What about her then? Is there anything she can do that would prove she's any bit angelic? Can she die? Can she bring someone back to life?  There's a helluva lot more about Waverly that we don't know.  Why did her father just disappear the day she was born? And Papa Earp was really a helluva asshole.

I almost thought they were going to reveal Firefighter Guy as Julian. I really hope things don't go that way because that's all entirely just wrong

Doc is a vamp, now-didn't see that coming....

• Love 4
11 hours ago, timesywimesy said:

Welp....not at all on board with Doc being a vampire. Just because Dolls was part dragon/lizard doesn’t mean that the show needs to add the unnecessary contrivance of Doc also taking on other supernatural qualities. The fact that he’s still alive and THE Doc Freakin’ Holliday was enough. Hope they find a way to undo this, because it feels like a huge misstep. 

I am also not on the Doc as a vamp train.  I'm hoping that it can be reversed, perhaps there's some other action he'll have to take to make the change permanent that he'll choose not to go through with.  There's certainly precedent for there being things like killing or at least feeding off of blood that makes a person permanently a vampire and prior to that action it can be reversed, in some vampire lore.  If it is a permanent change I really don't like it.  First of all it seems like a total step back from the Doc at the end of the last episode, who told Bulshar to shove it despite promises of a get-out-of-hell-free-card.  It also seems like a total step back in Doc's entire character arc, and not just for this season.  Doc made a deal with Constance because he was scared of dying, he got punished for it by being in a well for over a hundred years but his fear of dying remains (hence his hesitancy to give up his ring last season).  He despite being a great gunslinger was/is a coward.  You would think that his arc would be to get over his fear or at least do what's right despite it, right (which is what Dolls was trying to tell him to do just before Dolls died)?  And making him mortal again last season seemed to be taking steps to have him do that.  Having him turn himself into something that can't die seems like poor character growth and poor storytelling unless they're planning to turn Doc into a villain or reverse it.  

I'm seriously hoping for the latter.  If the vamp thing sticks and Doc isn't a villain then...I won't say I'm necessarily out, but I will say I wouldn't be surprised if the next twist involved a shark and some waterskis.

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Doing a Christmas episode in late August feels weird to me. Like, when its Christmas time, you get Christmas episodes, and when you get Christmas without Christmas, it just makes the whole thing feel strange and off somehow. Is it just me? 

So Wynonna gets another new love interest? Is this guy going to become a thing now? I get that Wynonna and Doc have never really put a label on their relationship, but it would be nice for them to have some kind of conversation, especially now that its coming up, with Docs vampire wife. Now theyre BOTH going with other people? Come on! Isn't this half the reason they offed poor Dolls? Just so Wynonna can lock lips with a guy who looks so much like that cult leader fireman from last season? 

I like the addition of Mama to the family, and her attempts to have a nice holiday were sweet, if a bit suspect. I do think she knows more than what she lets on though. Geeze, poor Waverly. Her bio dad is some magic something or another who presumably left her mom pregnant, Daddy Earp straight up tried to kill the poor little thing (not a good look when the demon is the nicer guy than the supposed chosen one is, Daddy Earp) and her mom tried to kill her to escape a demon and apparently wasn't too close to her anyway. I guess thats what she gets for being the perky popular one in a family of pissed off drunk cowboys/cowgirls. 

Doc seemed to want to put a label on their relationship or at least make it someone what clearer what they are to each other.  He asked Wynonna to admit that she loved him, and by doing so implied that he loved her.  On the other hand, the whole thing seems like a typical play out of Wynonna's playbook.  When things get messy, or scary, or stressful, she runs off and gets drunk and/or sleeps with inappropriate men.  At least this time she made sure it wasn't a revenant first.  That being said, I hope hot fireman guy doesn't hang around long.  He was pretty but I didn't think his acting was that great and it sticks out because whatever the other faults of the show, I find the acting to be good generally speaking.

That being said, on the other hand, I really liked the actor playing Robin and I'm glad he seems to be sticking around.  He was great with the kid and seems a really brave good guy, but he still has a mysterious side.  He had the green goo around his mouth when they were rescued.  What did Bulshar do to him?  Why was he coughing up dirt even before that?  He and Jeremy are cute together though.

I'd also like to add I really liked Doc and Jeremy's talk earlier in the episode.  I love that despite being older than the state of Colorado Doc does seem to be quite open minded and not at all judgy.

I also really like Mama.  I like how much Wynonna is like her.  I liked her quest to make up for all the Christmases she missed.  I would have liked to have seen a little more friction between the sisters (or at least Waverly) and her over it.  She might not have wanted to leave her girls but she wasn't there and they were left with an alcoholic father (who in Waverly's case was only kept from harming her by the threats of Bobo).  I would have liked to some airing out of the laundry on that one.  The catalyst for some of that could have been the arguing over Christmas "traditions."  Because her fault or not she wasn't there for her daughter for a big chunk of their lives and she doesn't really (especially Waverly) know them that well.  Perhaps it'll happen just more slowly.  I'd also like to see more of her reaction to Waverly and Nicole.  Does she feel the same a Wynonna does about Nicole, sort of ambivalent?  Does Nicole being a cop and now Sherif bring up stuff for her because of Ward?  These certainly didn't all have to be addressed fully this episode but I would have loved them hinted at.

I'd also like to know how much Mama knows about the events of the last two seasons.  Wynonna told her Wynonna had a daughter, but does she know Willa was alive and is now truly dead at Wynonna's hand? 

As cute as the WayHaught scene was at the end, I'd rather have some of these other things included in the episode than watch Dom dance around scantily clad.  And I say that honestly, as a queer woman for whom WayHaught is a big draw to show.  WayHaught moments work when they either both drive the plot forward or are at least character moments.  I didn't really think that scene was either.  It certainly didn't do anything for the plot and it didn't really do anything to tell us about Waverly or Nicole as characters.  The scene in the beginning with Nicole as the elf worked better since it showed how their relationship has grown and how comfortable they are with each other now.   Fanservice is fun, but it's kind of like candy, you shouldn't fill up on it and it shouldn't have it instead of your veggies.  I feel like we were given a bit a fanservice when we could have had a bit more plot.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Proclone said:

That being said, on the other hand, I really liked the actor playing Robin and I'm glad he seems to be sticking around.  He was great with the kid and seems a really brave good guy, but he still has a mysterious side.  He had the green goo around his mouth when they were rescued.  What did Bulshar do to him?  Why was he coughing up dirt even before that?  He and Jeremy are cute together though.

I really like him a lot too, and am super happy he didnt die. He seems like a good guy, and he and Jeremy are super cute together. However, I think there is something up with him. Not that he is sketchy, but something mysterious is happening that he doesn't know about. Also, are we ever gonna find out what Jeremy s powers are that he got back in Black Badge? 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I really like him a lot too, and am super happy he didnt die. He seems like a good guy, and he and Jeremy are super cute together. However, I think there is something up with him. Not that he is sketchy, but something mysterious is happening that he doesn't know about. Also, are we ever gonna find out what Jeremy s powers are that he got back in Black Badge? 

Funny I've never assumed Jeremy has powers, just that he was recruited for Black Badge because of his brain.  Perhaps I missed something that hinted at Jeremy having powers...but I always just assumed that he was recruited because he was brilliant,  perhaps a little strange, and likely someone no one would particularly miss.  He doesn't seem to have a family so, the brilliant, single, scientist with no family to miss him seems like the perfect recruit to the shadowy government organization.  I don't assume that everyone involved in Black Badge is supernatural in some way.  Lucado didn't seem to be, other than being able to go toe to toe with Dolls, which I think was rule of cool fight rather than any indication of her supernatural abilities.  I mean I think they go out of their way to find people with supernatural abilities (or they just make them supernatural like in the case of Dolls), but I didn't think everyone involved was supernatural. YMMV

3 hours ago, Proclone said:

Funny I've never assumed Jeremy has powers, just that he was recruited for Black Badge because of his brain.  Perhaps I missed something that hinted at Jeremy having powers...

I remember him saying something about it last year, that there was a reason that he sometimes knew stuff that he really shouldn't know, and some stuff like that. And then when the guy from Dolls past showed up and tried to torture him, he told the guy that Black Badge experimented on him too. I think it was implied that he was either recruited for being a brilliant scientist, and then took advantage and gave him some "upgrades", or they found a talented scientist who was sick or dying or something, and saved his life by giving him powers, and recruited him. I dont think he came there with powers or that they were looking for supernatural people, but they made them like that.

Now THIS is a refreshing take on diverse casting:  Doctor Who: Role was offered to black actor, says Steven Moffat

What follows is a small snippet of the article, but I really like the sad part that when we show diversity on screen, depending upon the context of the scene, "We've kind of got to tell a lie. We'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that."

"Sometimes the nature of a particular show - historical dramas, for instance - makes diversity more of a challenge, but Doctor Who has absolutely nowhere to hide on this," he said.

"Young people watching have to know that they have a place in the future. That really matters. You have to care profoundly what children's shows in particular say about where you're going to be."

He added a more diverse cast would send out a positive message to the entertainment industry.

"Outside of the fiction, it's about anyone feeling that they can be involved in this industry as an actor, a director, a writer... It's hugely important, and it's not good when we fail on that. We must do better," he said.

Moffat is due to step down as executive producer at the end of next year's series and will be replaced by Chris Chibnall, the writer best known for ITV drama Broadchurch.

Moffat said the show must find new ways to get ethnic minority actors on screen in future.

"We've kind of got to tell a lie. We'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that.

"We'll say, 'To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we'll summon it forth'."

The BBC said it does not comment on its casting process.

Now THIS is a refreshing take on diverse casting:  Doctor Who: Role was offered to black actor, says Steven Moffat

What follows is a small snippet of the article, but I really like the sad part that when we show diversity on screen, depending upon the context of the scene, "We've kind of got to tell a lie. We'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that."

"Sometimes the nature of a particular show - historical dramas, for instance - makes diversity more of a challenge, but Doctor Who has absolutely nowhere to hide on this," he said.

"Young people watching have to know that they have a place in the future. That really matters. You have to care profoundly what children's shows in particular say about where you're going to be."

He added a more diverse cast would send out a positive message to the entertainment industry.

"Outside of the fiction, it's about anyone feeling that they can be involved in this industry as an actor, a director, a writer... It's hugely important, and it's not good when we fail on that. We must do better," he said.

Moffat is due to step down as executive producer at the end of next year's series and will be replaced by Chris Chibnall, the writer best known for ITV drama Broadchurch.

Moffat said the show must find new ways to get ethnic minority actors on screen in future.

"We've kind of got to tell a lie. We'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that.

"We'll say, 'To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we'll summon it forth'."

The BBC said it does not comment on its casting process.

Well, so far the best thing about the show this season is Megan Follows.  She manages to be crazy, likable, and not quite trustworthy all at the same time.  (At least, for me.)

And add me to the list of people--however long or short it is--that is not excited about Doc being a vampire, or Wynonna's fireman.  First the Doc Vampire thing--I don't care if he's a good guy or a bad guy at this point.  Having his character waffle between good and evil over and over again is not interesting.  Pick a side.  It's okay if you're occasionally tempted and not perfectly good or evil, but stop having him switch teams, or trick us into thinking he's switching teams, every single season.  Sometimes more than once.

Now the romance thing.  I was sorry to see Dolls die.  I liked him and the actor.  But I consoled myself that at least the stupid love triangle was over.  I loathe love triangles.  They are almost always the least interesting thing about a show, and they seem to be the most relied about drama-inducing plot device.  So here we go.  We lost Dolls, and immediately jumped into a love . . . I can't even say triangle.  Is it a quadrangle?  Yay.  Just.  Yay.

The only thing that might salvage it for me is if it turned out Kate and FireGuy were actually teaming up and both Wynonna and Doc got played.  If there's a tiny cameo of Dolls laughing his ghostly rear end off at them, I will love it even more.

Edited by Mari
Forgot something. Also typo. Two birds, one stone.
  • Love 3
On 8/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, StarBrand said:

I almost thought they were going to reveal Firefighter Guy as Julian. I really hope things don't go that way because that's all entirely just wrong.

Glad I’m not the only one who had this thought. Though I don’t think the reveal would come in this episode but next week. I grew up watching soap operas so my mind went straight to that twist. Did we ever find out his name? 

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, StarBrand said:

I almost thought they were going to reveal Firefighter Guy as Julian. I really hope things don't go that way because that's all entirely just wrong

Oh, Lordy, I hope not, because, yes, that would be so wrong.

I don't think I mind Doc becoming a vampire. I've been really worried about him being mortal.

Lady Luck seems to have abandoned Wynonna and Nicole when an errand for Nedley goes terribly wrong. Mama discovers Doc's secret.

I have been waiting for this one! Wynonna and Nicole handcuffed together can't not be comedy gold.

• Love 2

Not liking the character of Kate. At all. Does the show want me to like her? Sympathize with her? Because if so, epic fail on both counts. If she’s supposed to be a fun villain, again, epic fail.  

On the plus side, some really nice Nedley-Haught moments there at the end. 

Edited by timesywimesy
just cuz
  • Love 3

That was so good. The one-liners all hit this episode; I laughed out loud several times. I love that Wynonna and Nicole ended up bonding after their ordeal. It's always been obvious that they have a grudging respect for each other, but it was nice to hear them admit not only that, but that they actually care about each other. The Nedley/Nicole scene near the end was sweet, too. I even liked the Wynonna/Doc fight at the end; it was well-acted and emotional, and I'm not too worried about the team because the rift won't last. This episode felt more tightly-plotted and coherent than a lot of them; this is what I want the show to always be.

I do agree about Kate, though. She feels too outside the plot at this point, like she was just a device to make Doc immortal again. She's not at all likable or sympathetic. The show needs to figure out how to use her, and fast.

• Love 7

I wonder how old they are going to make Julian the Angel look. There has been at least a 25 year gap since they have seen each other. I am guessing they are saying that the Angel connected with mama Earp on a spiritual level, so her physical appearance now shouldn't made any difference. Do angels age, can they change their appearance.

• Love 1

Do we know the vampire rules on this show? Obviously they don't burst into flame in the daylight. But what about Holy items, garlic?

So now I'm worried about Doc again. I don't like that Wynonna is so angry at him, but she's right.

Edited by AngelKitty
  • Love 4

I really enjoyed this episode. It felt like the characters were actually characters rather than blanks-filled-in-by-the-demands-of-the-story, and a lot of the funny bits were actually funny.

But I'm confused about Doc being a vampire. Are they now saying he's always been a vampire, or is this something that happened recently?

3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Doc turned into vampire previous episode.

But the previews for next week are hinting that HE was the one who actually turned Kate into a vampire. But since this information is coming from Kate, I’m not inclined to believe a word coming out of her fang-toothed mouth. 

This may be an unpopular opinion 'round these parts, but...I don't miss Dolls. Was it the way the character was written? Acted? I dunno, but Dolls never did it for me. Doc, however, does. What fresh hell is this "Doc's a vampire" nonsense? It's Dolls all over again -- they need a narrative device, anything will do, doesn't even need to connect to literally anything else in the episode. Lazy writing, writers. Be better.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, TheWereCow said:

What fresh hell is this "Doc's a vampire" nonsense? It's Dolls all over again

The show probably thought they needed someone with supernatural muscle that could fight monsters toe to toe. They had Dolls for that job. There are not a lot of monsters you can kill by being sassy.

What fresh hell is this "Doc's a vampire" nonsense? It's Dolls all over again

Well, Doc did say to Bulshar he would do "whatever it takes" to help the Earps, implying that he'd be willing to do some unsavoury things to do so.....

• Love 1

I love how whenever this show wants us to dislike a person, they have absolutely zero subtlety about it. "Look at this lady! Not only is she racist, she’s also homophobic, a flat earther, xenophobic, and lets make her hate cats too! You dont like her!"

Loved Wynonna and Nicole getting handcuffed together and having to team up was hilarious, and had lots of fun one liners. Also nice to see them hashing out some of their issues, and then bonding and appreciating each other and more, despite their many differences. And lots of sweet Nedley/Nicole moments. Even if he leaves the sheriffs office, I hope he still sticks around on the show, helping out and stuff. 

The fight between Wynonna and Doc was super sad, but I get why Wynonna was so pissed. I mean, she is certainly going to forgive him, and Wynonna can be quick to telling people to fuck off, but she is also quick to forgive the people she loves. It was also super well acted, especially with them both jumping between being angry, guilty, and heartbroken. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I love how whenever this show wants us to dislike a person, they have absolutely zero subtlety about it. "Look at this lady! Not only is she racist, shes also homophobic, a flat earther, xenophobic, and lets make her hate cats too! You dont like her!"

How can you hate her, she lets cats sleep in her butt crack?

• Love 1

Was Wynonna's father always supposed to be an asshole or is that something made up recently so it would seem OK that Michelle screwed around?   I wish Bobo weren't back; I don't usually like when shows resurrect villains who've run their course.  Plus he already creeped out with his "love" or whatever for Willa and now it's Waverly.  I know this stuff if really from last episode but it does cross over.

I complain but there's still things I like and this episode was much better than last week's.   Teaming up Wynonna and Nicole is always a good idea "crap, crap, more crap" LOL

I like how Nicole's character has progressed.   She's brave and smart but not the "straight woman" to all of the jokes. 

I also hope we see Nedley once in a while.    Not sure how I feel about vampDoc, I'll wait to see how it plays out, I don't think the show will let him remain that way.  Oh yeah, teaming Michelle and Doc was a good idea "stop being a wiener" heh.  Jeremy and Waverly fun together too "exactly how my first Grinder date ended...I've said too much".

Wynonna and Nicole shenanigans together will never not be entertaining. Nicole drunk is awesomely funny. Despite the fact Wynonna cheated at the drinking game,  Nicole actually did out-drink the revnant. Yay for Nicole's alcohol tolerance. 

The one part of WynHaught's bickering I didn't like was Wynonna's making fun of Nicole for being a survivor of a massacre. That was a very low blow.  Although Wynonna did stop and say, yeah, that's "legit as F".

I liked at the end Wynonna admitted that she was afraid Nicole might get too spooked about Purgatory, and leave her sister broken-hearted, and that Nicole was jealous of Wynonna being able to do her thing without consequences. But they're both in this town because they're needed.

If Nicole is sheriff though, she's going to end up having a bit higher of a profile in the town. I wouldn't be surprised if more people like Mrs.Loblaw come out of the woodwork. It might be harder to keep her personal life personal.

Of course Nedley was the one that rescued young Nicole. I loved that whole scene.  I found it interesting that Nicole and her parents don't talk, not because she's a lesbian, but because she became a cop.  I suspect since she barely survived the massacre, they couldn't understand why she'd want a career that put her trouble's way all the time..

Mama's taken off in search of Julian.  So Daddy Earp pushed him out of the ghost river triangle? How the hell'd he do that?

• Love 1

I'm nervous every time Nedley has screen time. The more warm fuzzy moments he has, the more I fret for his survival.

Waverley is Bobo's 'angel', and he was not friendly to newborn Waverley until he heard her name. So maybe Julian is a revenant/something else for Daddy Earp to be able to push him out of the triangle?

• Love 1

Another for the list of not happy about Vampire Doc.  I feel like a cheat, and if they wanted to make him immortal again, there are other ways to do it.  Although I did like that she was a vampire before he met her.

"Doc, I'm a vampire.  Doc, let me bite you."  "Well, we did smoke a lot of opium."

On 8/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, StarBrand said:

I kinda thought that too until he started getting into Wynonna.  I'm assuming he is part of the order that the fire fighters were in last season.  Didn't he mention reading some of the books at the fire station?

He couldn't be a revenant, since they just slowly burn or whatever it was that we saw happens to them when they are out of the Triangle... but I agree he is something else, maybe something linked to the triangle, that once he was shoved out he forgot who he was or something? What's another amnesia storyline on a syfy show anyway....

Agree with many that I don't like this vamp-doc idea, he is already different enough by being Doc Holliday. Wouldn't bulshar's ring have made him immortal again anyway??? Go away vampire-ness, go away!

After watching people sweat in just about every other show I watch, I really enjoy the snowy background in this one.

Though the whole Bulshar thing is still a mess I enjoyed this one.   Charlie is just sort of there but the short date was cute with Wynonna being awkward and we had another entertaining odd team up when he worked with Doc.

Wynonna and Kate verbally sparring and then teaming up was fun, as was the double date dinner and Robin's potato licking plant issues.

It feels like Doc was made a vamp just to angst up the W/Doc stuff more.

• Love 5

Charlie might be a kind of boring stand in for Dolls to serve as part of the Doc/Wynonna drama, but I liked his awkward interactions with Doc "WE`RE CLOSED!" and them teaming up to try and find undead Mrs. Clootie. Also, she has a pretty crappy husband it turns out. You would think an evil demon from the fires of Hell would be a more supportive spouse!

The whole vampire Doc thing still seems kind of stupid to me, but Kate is growing on me, and I liked getting some of her backstory with Doc. She and Wynonna also got to awkwardly team up, so thats always a fun dynamic. 

We also get confirmation that Jeremy does, in fact, have some kind of power! Some kind of danger spider sense, which is certainly pretty useful. He and Robin are cute, as was the double date with Waverley and Nicole, including a double awkward false marriage proposal! 

The cinematography this season has been really nice. Maybe its just because I love winter in the country, but everything looks really nice.

• Love 2

I know its been a while and I actually haven't watched an episode since I think Jolene.. But looks like what I thought was going to happen did... They brought a dolls stand in for Nonna to get it on with... And he's a white dude... So yep

I've lost any enthusiasm I've had for the show.  The reason Dolls was killed off was to show how serious The Big Bad was, well the big bad seems no worse than Bobo and now Wynonna has lost Doc to a vampire and he has now become one. Riveting TV....NOT. Its become boring and confusing. Wynonna has replaced both Dolls and Doc with a fireman. Lame. Jeremy comes off as a desperate horn dog and it's not a good look.  I'm confused about Waved dad, is he an angel or is that just because Bobo called her a little angel?

There was a lot to digest about that hour.

Poor Waverly was all excited about getting proposed to, except it was just Balshar's ring showing up again. Although it appears to want to be around Waverly, not Nicole. No one got abilities after wearing it except Waverly, though-it probably unlocks her dormant angel abilities. I think it probably belonged to Julian, which is why it bound itself to Waverly.  She's going to have a big role in what's to come this season, for sure.

There has to be some reason Firefighter guy is around, other than to be Wynonna's fling, I"m sure of it. Just don't know why yet.

• Love 1

I've got like 3 or 4 episodes sitting on my DVR.. But yeah I've kinda lost all feeling fwd the show... Maybe inception the season is done I'll binge all the episodes I didn't watch... But I just don't feel anything for this show anymore and that's too bad