Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, mommalib said:

They weren't a couple, there wasn't even any will they or won't they tension.. I don't know what chances you speak of.

They weren't an established couple, but they were dancing around it thinking about it.  I think at one point Kara was expecting Jimmy to talk to her about them or kiss her or something.  I got the feeling of WT or WT.  Both of them were sort of leaning towards that because there seemed to be some frustration on both sides.  i can't say it was an open acknowledgement, but there must have been something to make Lucy jealous and dislike Kara because of it.  We would all have liked some dating between the two but because there was none, You can't say there weren't any chances.  Jimmy was in a relationship and was hesitant. His hesitancy, while written into the the story line may have been an obstacle, but to deny that there was a chance is ignoring all that was there.

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

They weren't an established couple, but they were dancing around it thinking about it.  I think at one point Kara was expecting Jimmy to talk to her about them or kiss her or something.  I got the feeling of WT or WT.  Both of them were sort of leaning towards that because there seemed to be some frustration on both sides.  i can't say it was an open acknowledgement, but there must have been something to make Lucy jealous and dislike Kara because of it.  We would all have liked some dating between the two but because there was none, You can't say there weren't any chances.  Jimmy was in a relationship and was hesitant. His hesitancy, while written into the the story line may have been an obstacle, but to deny that there was a chance is ignoring all that was there.

Bottom line is the writers should have put more focus on that aspect of their relationship instead of dancing around it and then dropping them like a bad habit.

18 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Bottom line is the writers should have put more focus on that aspect of their relationship instead of dancing around it and then dropping them like a bad habit.

Response is in the grandchild thread:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, mommalib said:

The writers shouldn't have gone down this pass to begin with.  Like they say in the bugs bunny cartoons, "It was a baaaaaddddd idea!.  The writers were trying to be cute and alternative, but punked out.  I'm going to try to bring this post to the other thread.  

39 minutes ago, mommalib said:

The writers shouldn't have gone down that pass to begin with.  Like they say in the bugs bunny cartoons, "It was a baaaaaddddd idea!.  The writers were trying to be cute and alternative, but punked out.  I'm going to try to bring this post to the other thread.  

Just wait until an African-American woman, along with Joss Whedon join hands and attempt a Buffy Reboot Sequel with an African-American Buffy.  Shit will fly!!  Although, if the fans thought about it, the first slayer WAS an African-American girl, <Gasp!!!!>. That's Canon, deal with it. ;-)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot showrunner clarifies: it’s not a reboot 23 Monica Owusu-Breen’s tweeted reassurances imply it’s a 20-years-later sequel series with ‘a new Slayer’

Edited by Jacks-Son
33 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

The writers shouldn't have gone down that pass to begin with.  Like they say in the bugs bunny cartoons, "It was a baaaaaddddd idea!.  The writers were trying to be cute and alternative, but punked out.  I'm going to try to bring this post to the other thread.  

Just wait until an African-American woman, along with Joss Whedon join hands and attempt a Buffy Reboot Sequel with an African-American Buffy.  Shit will fly!!  Although, if the fans thought about it, the first slayer WAS an African-American girl, <Gasp!!!!>. That's Canon, deal with it. ;-)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot showrunner clarifies: it’s not a reboot 23 Monica Owusu-Breen’s tweeted reassurances imply it’s a 20-years-later sequel series with ‘a new Slayer’

They can go down that road but they just got have the balls to go all the way and invest and commit. They always want to dip the toe in the water. Letting bigoted attitudes dictate a show? Disgusting. As for the Buffy thing, as a black man I am tired of them trying to put black people in roles that people consider "white roles". 

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1

The team must come to terms with the consequences of their actions; someone claiming to be from Black Badge Division arrives in Purgatory.

Note: We're not putting dates in our episode thread titles anymore as it was causing some backend issues.

Also note: There's a new thread for discussion of race, gender, and related topics on Wynonna Earp (thanks, @raven!), so if your thoughts on these topics are more about the season or show as a whole (and/or about how it compares to other shows) than about this individual episode, please post over there. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, mommalib said:

As for the Buffy thing, as a black man I am tired of them trying to put black people in roles that people consider "white roles"

R U tired of the attempt to cast Black actors in historically White roles or are you tired of the response leading to failure.  I don't mind the attempt.  At least it's not a White man in Black-Face, like James Whitmore in the 60's movie "Black Like Me", although that wasn't about an attempt to deceive but was more an attempt at the deconstruction of the practice of stereotyping. The attempt is fine, what's disheartening is the expected failure.  Like Idris Elba as James Bond; the very thought of it caused an uproar.

15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

R U tired of the attempt to cast Black actors in historically White roles or are you tired of the response leading to failure.  I don't mind the attempt.  At least it's not a White man in Black-Face, like James Whitmore in the 60's movie "Black Like Me", although that wasn't about an attempt to deceive but was more an attempt at the deconstruction of the practice of stereotyping. The attempt is fine, what's disheartening is the expected failure.  Like Idris Elba as James Bond; the very thought of it caused an uproar.

I'm tired of both because the former usually leads to the latter so it goes hand and hand. And Idris would make a great Bond, he has the looks, sex appeal, charm etc but because of the color of is skin him playing Bond is supposed to be so ludicrous. It all just ticks me off and makes me as a black man feel that we should just continue to do our own thing. No more black Bonds, Buffys, or Jack Bauers. I prefer roles originated for black people and preferably written by black people.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I prefer roles originated for black people and preferably written by black people.  

That's cinematic segregation, and I'm not okay with that. Too much appeasement for me. It doesn't matter anyway. Look at the attempts to boycott "Black Panther", even a wholly African American film was threatening to an extremely sensitive "fanbase".  Let's all boycott BP because we can't have an African American superhero, our kids may cheer them on and they might not be as receptive to our indoctrination. You don't defeat racism by having everyone ride in the back of the bus.

2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

That's cinematic segregation, and I'm not okay with that. Too much appeasement for me. It doesn't matter anyway. Look at the attempts to boycott "Black Panther", even a wholly African American film was threatening to an extremely sensitive "fanbase".  Let's all boycott BP because we can't have an African American superhero, our kids may cheer them on and they might not be as receptive to our indoctrination. You don't defeat racism by having everyone ride in the back of the bus.

There is nothing wrong with a character created with a black actor/actress in mind and a black male/female writer that would better understand the character. And i'm not trying to defeat racism I just want black people to have the opportunity for something better no matter what they do. I want black people to have more power. I damn sure ain't talking about riding in the back of a bus, i'm more so talking about black people being behind the wheel. We have made some progress but there is more to do.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 3

I too would like to see more successful AA projects that are serious, not Wayans Bros crap, that are not boycotted simply because it was written and created by African Americans,  Of course, not a stereotypical farce like "Pootie Tang" (I hate that shit, but I know some people who loved it and somehow got its message, which escaped me). I agree with you about wanting more power, but we're currently heading backwards.  I can see the desire to create new and novel projects not based on a historical Caucasian role.  Although, I DO think, and dare I bring up the dreaded conversation killer, "Star Trek: Discovery" (as eyes glaze over). is sort of an example but not really.  The character is an African American/Vulcan female (Unlike Tuvox from "Voyager", who was wholly Vulcan (how does THAT happen?) who is a strong, intelligent, extremely capable Star Ship officer.  The whole storyline is unique and flies in the face of Star Trek Fandom and is well received and deserving of accolades. That's sort of a breakthrough. An African American Star Ship officer like Sisko, but female. As smart as Janeway, who was considered the smartest FEMALE commanding  officer in the Star Trek universe. I think that's an example of a successful project.  If we allow ourselves to think outside of the box, perhaps something can be accomplished.  Just like Dolls, an extremely capable lawman, who is considered honorable and a role model. An AA cowboy not named James West and played by Will Smith. It can be done, and we're starting to see young AA directors who are given opportunities to create something new and trend setting. Perhaps Monica Owusu-Breen (a well respected AA female producer of such notable series like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Fringe" and "Lost") can set an example like Ryan Coogler did for "Black Panther" and build on something new (hopefully "Buffy" is well received). 

On 8/2/2018 at 11:15 PM, Jacks-Son said:

the first slayer WAS an African-American girl, <Gasp!!!!>. That's Canon, deal with it. ;-)

She was African, not African-American? Unless you're talking about the actress.

1 minute ago, owenthurman said:

She was African, not African-American? Unless you're talking about the actress.

My bad, you are correct.  I meant the slayer.  The actress could have been either, but I meant Canon showed an African woman.  Thank you for the correction.

2 hours ago, timesywimesy said:

That was...underwhelming. 

I dunno.. I enjoyed it... I was scared for a sec that they were bringing Nate mooney's character on full-time... Had they done that I might have dumped the show..

• Love 3

I liked the episode a lot, except for the ending. Doc's behavior felt kinda OOC, at least for that moment. Maybe she has some magic powers with her Tarot cards? Or maybe it was supposed to be the aftereffects of grief over Dolls' death, I dunno. Anyway, weird.

• Love 1

I still dont like that they killed Dolls, but this was a pretty good episode. Everyone's reactions seemed pretty in character, and it was quite affecting seeing everyone so heartbroken. Even the opening song was sad and morose. 

I like Docs wife so far, she seems pretty interesting. Although, I do raise an eyebrow at them adding a new black character right after they killed their last one. I know its probably just a coincidence, but it looks like they only have room for one black person on the show at once. I also found it weird that Doc decided to bone his ex at the end, but maybe thats how he deals with grief? He certainly might do something hedonistic to avoid his sadness and guilt. 

So, what the heck is Jeremy's power, or what was done to him? They've made some comments about it, but can we get a little more? 

• Love 1

It is cool that they added Kate.  However, I really can't picture her surviving beyond this season.  I'm happy to be proven wrong.  I always, always, always love hearing more tidbits about Wyatt and about Doc's past.  I'm still holding out for a full flashback episode about Wyatt. 

Even though his actual death seemed tacked on, at least this entire episode was dedicated to Dolls.  I particularly liked Nicole telling Wynonna that she's not the only one hurting because she was really cruel to Jeremy.  How is him keeping Dolls secret at his request different than Wynonna keeping Michelle's secret from Waverly?  I do like that they've set up a story for every character this year.  Though, I guess it's just another example of how they either didn't know what to do with Dolls or didn't care to do anything with him.

• Love 3

Eh...it was OK.  Maybe I'm still annoyed over Dolls being dead, and now that he's dead, we get some random Black Badge guy showing up to give us backstory on Dolls.   At least Black Badge guy left.

Wynonna's treatment of Jeremy annoyed me even if it was in character, as did Waverly's self involvement.  So Waverly is upset or whatever that Nicole has a monster-y backstory because...she was hoping Nicole had a normal backstory?  Not because Nicole had been through anything awful or anything.  Ugh, I generally like Waverly, but I just wanted her to shut up in this one. 

Doc's ex stole Waverly's bag so that Doc would come to her house?  Was that why?  If so, that's kind of dumb writing.  I knew Doc would have sex with her as soon as we saw her.  It's too bad that was so predictable.  I mean, the actress is gorgeous and I guess Doc loved her once, but she is a vampire and he's mortal now.  Whatever.

3 hours ago, Sweet Tee said:

I particularly liked Nicole telling Wynonna that she's not the only one hurting because she was really cruel to Jeremy. 

I liked this as well.  I really liked Nicole in this episode.  It is too bad we won't see more of the bond that she and Dolls were forming.

Even though Wynonna treated Jeremy terribly, she was the other good thing about this one, or rather, Melanie Scrofano's performance.  She's gotten better each season and was very good here I thought.  I also enjoyed how casually she was blowing away the revenants with Peacemaker, that was fun.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, raven said:

Eh...it was OK.  Maybe I'm still annoyed over Dolls being dead, and now that he's dead, we get some random Black Badge guy showing up to give us backstory on Dolls.   At least Black Badge guy left.

Wynonna's treatment of Jeremy annoyed me even if it was in character, as did Waverly's self involvement.  So Waverly is upset or whatever that Nicole has a monster-y backstory because...she was hoping Nicole had a normal backstory?  Not because Nicole had been through anything awful or anything.  Ugh, I generally like Waverly, but I just wanted her to shut up in this one. 

Doc's ex stole Waverly's bag so that Doc would come to her house?  Was that why?  If so, that's kind of dumb writing.  I knew Doc would have sex with her as soon as we saw her.  It's too bad that was so predictable.  I mean, the actress is gorgeous and I guess Doc loved her once, but she is a vampire and he's mortal now.  Whatever.

I liked this as well.  I really liked Nicole in this episode.  It is too bad we won't see more of the bond that she and Dolls were forming.

Even though Wynonna treated Jeremy terribly, she was the other good thing about this one, or rather, Melanie Scrofano's performance.  She's gotten better each season and was very good here I thought.  I also enjoyed how casually she was blowing away the revenants with Peacemaker, that was fun.

I thought the actual execution (no pun intended) of the scene of Dolls' death was poorly handled, but I did like this episode and I appreciated that they actually let the character grieve on screen in (what I thought were) realistic ways.  I like that Wynonna is often a big screw-up and can particularly mean when she's upset (it makes her seem more like a real person to me), so her reaction to Jeremy didn't bother me that much.  And I did like their hug at the end at Dolls' grave.  The entire funeral scene seemed painfully real to me and I thought the acting was really good from everyone.  As was the montage scenes of the wake.  I like that they included happy smiling moments as everyone remembered Dolls' life.

Waverly actually didn't bother me that much in this episode.  Her ranting at the mirror about Nicole being the strong one while Nicole was having a full-on panic attack in the bathroom stall, in the first episode, did.  That seemed particularly insensitive.  Waverly isn't actually my favorite character, but I do appreciate that's she's supposed to be young and that Gus probably raised her kind of sheltered.  That being said, I while she's seriously grown on me (I actively disliked her in the pilot), she still annoys me at times, especially in relation to how she treats Nicole.  That being said, I think she was actually trying to be funny and lighten the mood with the "I thought you were normal," comment, but I'd have to re-watch to see if I still have the same interpretation.

I second that I really liked Nicole in this episode.  It figures that she handled Dolls' death better than anyone, as she is, the cult of Bulshar notwithstanding, the most normal of the bunch.  I liked her smackdown Wynonna and her behavior towards Jeremy.  I think Wynonna needs someone to tell her when she's being an ass and Waverly is too often a Wynonna apologist and Doc and Wynonna have too much baggage for it, but I think Nicole works nicely in the role.   I like the evolution of Wynonna and Nicole's relationship too.  It seems that Wynonna has finally accepted Nicole as part of the "family".  She doesn't seem as irked by her presence and actually includes her decisions.  I'm interested to watch them become friends, especially since we were cheated out of a Nicole/Dolls friendship.  And now that Dolls is gone, I think Wynonna really needs a friend.  Especially someone she's not related to, or her baby Daddy.

I also liked that during the fight Nicole managed not to get severely hurt or knocked out (she was seriously in danger of turning into the Giles of the group).  It always kind of annoyed me that a trained police officer was the one who got beaten up when there are civilians around.  Wynonna at least trains, but there's really no excuse that Waverly was often shown being better in a fight than Nicole.

I did find the whole "leave me out for the vultures" to be more than a little creepy and a bit out of character.  I think that scene existed solely for the later scene of Waverly telling Wynnona that Nicole wanted to be "pooped out by vultures," and Wynonna's response of "Hardcore."  It was a funny scene, but the earlier one that set it up didn't quite work IMO.  And I know I'll that the ton of WayHaught fans that have already GIFed the image, will disagree with me, but I didn't like the hand kiss in that screen either. I get what Nicole (and by extension Emily) was trying to do with that scene, but something about it just didn't work for me.  It came off as rather possessive and Waverly looked a little uncomfortable.  It seemed to say less, "We're together," and more, "She's mine."  I think just calling Waverly "Babe" would have gotten the same point across, or even a quick kiss on the hand or cheek without that glare would have worked better, YMMV.

Edited by Proclone

Dolls being dead leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A character with so much potential and he was wasted and then discarded and for what? For this?

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2

I was already hanging by only a very fine thread to this show - and that's it I'm out. Dolls was my favorite character and the reason I stuck to many crazy storylines was getting more on his backstory and him getting a decent plot. I hope Shamier Anderson gets a good career out of those Hollywood calls - he deserves it.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I was already hanging by only a very fine thread to this show - and that's it I'm out. Dolls was my favorite character and the reason I stuck to many crazy storylines was getting more on his backstory and him getting a decent plot. I hope Shamier Anderson gets a good career out of those Hollywood calls - he deserves it.

Bravo, for sticking to your guns, although this particular forum will lose a very active member.  You and I have come across each other in the past in various forums and you've always offered valuable insight.  

Hollywood wants to make a profit—launching projects with built in fan bases and adding in POC and LGBTQIA characters, they believe, is a win win. Or could be. And I do think there is a potential for greatness when some stories are revisited and traditional roles recast—there should be something different about the experience of a character with a diverse background within the same story even, but oftentimes their unique backgrounds are just window dressing. There is a lukewarm, overly general(read: safe), bland, undercooked way of writing characters like Dolls and audiences see that.  When writing rooms (and show runners)are truly more diverse and there is a balance of the new and the old—ideas, stories, franchises, etc. I think we can all stand to benefit.

I think I may soothe my DDIW(Dolls’ Death Inflicted Wounds) with the salve of good fan fic in the meantime. For the record, I do favor a Dolls/Wy/Doc throupling—the Doc/Dolls friendship was interesting and promising. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dizzychickstar said:

Hollywood wants to make a profit—launching projects with built in fan bases and adding in POC and LGBTQIA characters, they believe, is a win win. Or could be. And I do think there is a potential for greatness when some stories are revisited and traditional roles recast—there should be something different about the experience of a character with a diverse background within the same story even, but oftentimes their unique backgrounds are just window dressing. There is a lukewarm, overly general(read: safe), bland, undercooked way of writing characters like Dolls and audiences see that.  When writing rooms (and show runners)are truly more diverse and there is a balance of the new and the old—ideas, stories, franchises, etc. I think we can all stand to benefit.

I think I may soothe my DDIW(Dolls’ Death Inflicted Wounds) with the salve of good fan fic in the meantime. For the record, I do favor a Dolls/Wy/Doc throupling—the Doc/Dolls friendship was interesting and promising. 

Crazy Rich Asians made the right call turning down Netflix Adds more POC onto the small screen and hopefully increases ALL POC's chances for success. There’s mention of Black Panther’s success on screen. I would like to see Constance Wu get more more attention on screen. She’s talented. 

• Love 2
On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎04 at 4:39 PM, raven said:

but she is a vampire and he's mortal now.

I feel like they're probably going to play with her tempting Doc into a new kind of immortality - didn't she say in the first episode that the vampires wanted him to join them? (I might be remembering that wrong.)

On 8/6/2018 at 6:33 AM, Dizzychickstar said:

And I do think there is a potential for greatness when some stories are revisited and traditional roles recast—there should be something different about the experience of a character with a diverse background within the same story even, but oftentimes their unique backgrounds are just window dressing.

Another good example of this potential is the "Charmed" Reboot. The three "sisters" have been recast as either Hispanic or mixed-race. It will be interesting how the show will be received by the old "Charmed" fans. Currently, the old "Charmed" cast is  against the reboot. I really don't know why they're against it. Let's hope their misgivings don't translate to fans' misgivings. Having 3 mixed-race leads of a supernatural show on the CW may call attention to the lack of diversity on the TV screen.

• Love 1

So we may lose Nedley and Nicole will become sheriff?  I like Nicole but will be sorry to lose Nedley.  Why couldn't Dolls still be here and take over for Nedley?  Or Nicole could still become Sheriff and we could still have Dolls - oh never mind. 

If Wynonna keeps throwing the fact that there's another heir into Revenant's faces, well, they might just be inspired to hire someone who can leave the GRT and track down that heir.  I get why she did it but I would think it would be safer to never mention Alice at all and I was unmoved by Doc's crib.  Did I mention I hate the baby subplot?  I know I have, heh.

I did like some things - I liked Wynonna, her mother, Nicole, the subplot with Robin and Jeremy and the creepy staircase and murder trees (hope Robin survives, though I kind of wish he really did enjoy being a ranger).  The unicorn conversation between Jeremy and Waverly was a nice piece of bonding, though I wish Waverly had more to do other than be supportive or be weepy about her past or be threatened.  I miss when she was doing mad research and getting an online degree.

I hate to say it but Bulshar hasn't been very interesting or threatening as a villain.  It was more interesting to see everyone under a brownie spell at the end of the ep, though I figure that will tie into Bulshar somehow.

• Love 3

I don't understand why it is OK for Doc to be flirting so hard with Wynonna when he hasn't told her 1) he is sleeping with another woman who 2) is his wife and less importantly, she is a vampire.

Why is Zoie Palmer on the show, is she supposed to be the demon?

• Love 2

Doc/Wynonna is a weird relationship. I do wish they would explain a bit more why the characters are acting the way the are. His actions in this episode really didn't make any sense re: sleeping w/ his wife the last episode. It's as if it never happened (and I'd prefer it didn't, because it didn't make sense in the first place). 

I don't mind the baby subplot and I like that they didn't drop it. It was a huge thing in both Doc's and Wynonna's lives and I could see it influencing them as people a lot. Although I'd expect Bulshar to push on Doc's feelings on Alice more than on his fear of hell. 

• Love 3

I like the baby stuff fine, because I liked how they dealt with it and how things wrapped up. It seemed like their best option, both in and out of universe. 

The conversation with Waverley and Jeremy bonding, and Waverley trying to play match maker, was cute, and I hope Robin survived, he seems nice, and Jeremy could use a win. The creepy staircase was cool (it reminded me a lot of a place in the woods in the town I grew up in) and I love some spooky woods. I wonder if Robins dad sold his own or Robins soul to get a cure for Parkinsons? 

It really is hard to get a read on Doc/Wynonna. They are kind of a couple, in that they have sex and clearly love each other (or at least deeply care) but they also flirt with/sleep with other people, and have never really had any kind of "we are or are not a couple" talk. Which kind of makes sense, as neither of them are exactly conventional people, but its kind of weird. 

• Love 3

Not a bad episode... I always kinda figured that waverlys dad was an angel.. In my own headcannon/ fanfic he was also Dolls' dad ah well... Episode was solid... I don't get wynonna being all possessive over Doc a few episodes ago we were all kinda wondering where everything stood and now she's throwing down with his wife ( I know she was whammied but still)  and next week she's complaining about being the other woman ( oh if dolls could hear her now)... 

• Love 3

Come on, we get a character named Jolene, singing a song...and the song isnt Jolene? It was right there, show! 

Fun seeing Zoie Palmer showing up here! She will always be the Android from Dark Matter to me, but she seems to be trying to catch up with Roger Cross as the resident "Canadian actor who is in all the things especially involving magic and space ships" of the TV world. So, is Waverley literally a changeling, as in some other Waverley was born and switched with her, or does she just have a different, magical dad? I didnt get all of that, but I did enjoy seeing Zoie Palmer hamming it up with her exposition of evil speech. 

It was just nice that Waverley got something to do, she has been kind of on the back-burner this season, beyond her romance stuff. Which is great, dont get me wrong, but still, she has a lot of other stuff going on too, and we have been getting hints at her true nature for three seasons now!

Since when is Wynonna possessive of who Doc hooks up with? Yeah he should have told her that his wife was in town, but its not like they've ever been exclusive, considering her thing with Dolls right up until his death. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, is Waverley literally a changeling, as in some other Waverley was born and switched with her, or does she just have a different, magical dad?

Yes it was very confusing and they did say something about a changeling, but from what I could piece together, Waverley and Jolene seemed to be the same person that had the bad parts separated out and turned into a kind of aura demon that always followed Waverley around. The demon wanted to kill Waverley but wasn't able to harm her physically, so she has to convince her to harm herself through mental manipulation. It seems that if Waverley dies the demon would die as well, but if the Demon dies Waverley would be fine (just my guess).

I thought it was funny when Haught said that Jolene knocked her back into the closet.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Since when is Wynonna possessive of who Doc hooks up with? Yeah he should have told her that his wife was in town, but its not like they've ever been exclusive, considering her thing with Dolls right up until his death. 

I have two theories.  1) it was mostly the spell messing with her emotions.  2) she's feeling kind of clingy with Doc since she doesn't have Dolls anymore.

As for Waverly, I thought the episode concluded that her father was an angel.  At least that's what everyone on Tumblr has taken away from the episode.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Sweet Tee said:

As for Waverly, I thought the episode concluded that her father was an angel.  At least that's what everyone on Tumblr has taken away from the episode.

Yes her father was an angel and I think the next episode is going to go into great detail about that.

• Love 1

There was a lot going on here.  Wynonna/Momma; Waverly/Momma; Doc/Wynonna; Doc/Bobo (I forgot about Bobo in the well); the ring stuff; Jolene and everyone and being a demon (too much Jolene, I got tired of her really quickly); Bulshar is lurking; Doc's wife and other stuff I'm sure I forgot.

The bar fight was fun and Wynonna and Momma being in the drunk tank was fun too.

I feel like this season is kind of a mess and some of the storylines could have been edited.  I do like Michelle (Momma) and hope she sticks around, though I'm sure she won't.

I don't think Waverly was a changeling - that was something the demon said so that Waverly would kill herself.   The demon said that the universe has to be in balance so when "pure" Waverly was born, the "evil" demon was created as well.  Why the demon hated Waverly so much I'm not sure.

Didn't Peacemaker not work last episode?  Was that explained?  I guess I missed it if it was.

• Love 2

I think Wynonna was being literal when she said she'd run out of ammo. Once Doc found some, the gun worked again.

I liked the past couple of episodes. I didn't like 3x03... I think Emily Andras is a great person, a motivational and kind showrunner, and has amazing ideas, but her episodes often have this weird problem where they don't explain enough. It's kind of the opposite of the exposition problem some shows have. The characters will make these weird logical leaps or make a declaration that's only tangentially related to whatever they were in the middle of discussing. It's a problem I've only ever seen on this show and Lost Girl. This episode and 3x04 were written by different people and were a lot more coherent.

I hated Jolene but I was supposed to, so I thought Zoie Palmer did a great job. She plays unhinged really well! I'd only ever seen her as Lauren on Lost Girl, and Lauren was pretty reserved. I think Megan Follows is doing a wonderful job, too, which isn't surprising because I get the feeling she really enjoys shows like this and Reign where she gets to be over the top. I enjoyed watching her and Wynonna bond, and I'm glad she isn't a complete shit who hates Waverly.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode if only just to have Megan Follows as Mama to watch (love me some Anne!) I didn't realize she was on Reign too - I may need to check that out. 

I liked Jolene and she kinda reminded me of the woman who played Halfrek on Buffy - especially with some of the nuances and the comedic timing. When I realized who it was I was kinda surprised as I really didn't like her on Lost Girl at all. Seeing that she has more skills then I'm curious if she just got better or it just wasn't the right role on Lost Girl. 

I did feel that the last few eps have been a bit scattered. And I am not as drawn in as I have been in the past. But I liked the quirk Jolene added to the ep and am curious to see where they go next. 

• Love 2