Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Skin Deep

The guy who played the doctor is Patrick Fabian, right? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0264579/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t34

I've seen him a few places since then, but I always think of his Veronica Mars role first.

I could be wrong (sometimes I get faces wrong), but that's who I thought it was. He's been in a lot of things, and often has the villainous-but-laughable character.

Yes that's the guy, I've never seen him before until his role on Better Call Saul.  I don't know if I'll be able to take him seriously on that anymore. 

No, it was not Dr. Harper (Sharon Sachs) a character that I really liked from day one and it makes NO sense that we never see Nick and Hank interacting with the Medical Examiner!

Dr. Harper should be all over the weird deaths and other suspicious bodies that come in and out of the morgue.

She should have been, and that's maybe why the producers put in a new one, because it's just not believable that she wouldn't be questioning all of the weird deaths.  But then, so should reporters who cover the police, other cops, members of the public, people who look at surveillance video which is everywhere, etc. 

The guy who played the doctor is Patrick Fabian, right? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0264579/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t34

I've seen him a few places since then, but I always think of his Veronica Mars role first.

I could be wrong (sometimes I get faces wrong), but that's who I thought it was. He's been in a lot of things, and often has the villainous-but-laughable character.

Yes, it's Patrick Fabian. I don't recall his Veronica Mars role, for some reason.
(edited)

"I really keep hoping Nick will go OFF on this chick and not look back.  Not dead Juliette is the, worse!"

maybe once she is done with fighting black claw, they could somehow coax her into being a super-veterinarian.

By the way, I still wonder if Martin Meisner turns out to be a zauberbiest. There are a few bits of the previous episodes that speak against it (he acting surprised by Adalind's daughter or Adalind's telekinesis), but he still has the power to control Eve... and how did he know Renard originally? Why did the royals kill his family?

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

Patrick Fabian sure did dial it up to 100 in all of his scenes.  I guess they all can't be Better Call Saul, where he's at least allowed to show some depth and subtlety, even if Howard isn't the most interesting character on that show.  The Wesen of the week was creepy, but the case was pretty dull, and just seemed to rely on a lot of common tropes like older women desperate to look young, and people letting their guards down around strangers.

Renard finally announced his campaign for mayor, but thanks to Eve, Nick and Hank know about the Black Claw connection, so they're now worried about how much he knows, and how much he is involved.

Eve is remembering her past as Juliette and uses that Harry Potter transforming hat again, only this time to be Renard.  At least Sasha Roiz will probably be good as Eve pretending to be Renard.

Not enough Monroe and Rosalee, although Rosalee going undercover at the end was a nice touch.  And ignore Dr. Howard, Rosalee!  I don't see any of those "imperfections" he was claiming.

I guess they'll address Wu's connection on the next full moon?

• Love 1

By the way, I still wonder if Martin Meisner turns out to be a zauberbiest. There are a few bits of the previous episodes that speak against it (he acting surprised by Adalind's daughter or Adalind's telekinesis), but he still has the power to control Eve... and how did he know Renard originally? Why did the royals kill his family?

My vote has always been for him to be a zauberbiest.  Maybe then we'd learn what a zauberbiest really is, since the show has contradicted itself on that point.

Renard and Meisner were introduced through Sebastian.  Meisner was the head of the Lauffer group that was part of the resistance.  They were known to be unscrupulous and, at times, cruel.  Sebastian was wary of working with him, but Renard felt that he was their only option (this is all in the "Nameless" episode in season 2).

I can't remember why the Royals killed Meisner's girlfriend.  Watching him and Adalind was only worth it to me when he was half clothed and I think he was fully-clothed when that was explained.

I have a question. When Eve shape shifted into Renard did she also shifted... down there?

LMAO. I swear if not Juliette Eve has sex with Adalind or Rachel this show has gone off the rails!  Rape IS, rape.

Yes that's the guy, I've never seen him before until his role on Better Call Saul.  I don't know if I'll be able to take him seriously on that anymore. 

She should have been, and that's maybe why the producers put in a new one, because it's just not believable that she wouldn't be questioning all of the weird deaths.  But then, so should reporters who cover the police, other cops, members of the public, people who look at surveillance video which is everywhere, etc. 

Sigh.  I know.  The show should have spent less time trying to make Juliette and the Royal's some big bad and focus on what made Grimm so enjoyable in season 1.

I would assume so. Genitals are just another body part.

Out of topic:

However, the implication is big, is it not? Does it come with complete functionality and capability? That is, is faux-Renard fertile? Imagine that if Eve as Renard has sex with Adalind, and Adalind gets her 3rd child. Then Eve shifts back into herself and has sex with Nick and gets herself impregnated. Imagine the relationships of all the babies...

:-D

Eve is remembering her past as Juliette and uses that Harry Potter transforming hat again, only this time to be Renard.  At least Sasha Roiz will probably be good as Eve pretending to be Renard.

Well, he couldn't be worse.

• Love 4
(edited)
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS

Ha! Thanks for that. I literally laughed out loud.

Eve is ridiculous, as is how careful everyone else is to remember to call her Eve. Her mannerisms are inconsistent. She will act robotic and brusque one moment, then call Nick and when Adalind answers, ask Adalind how she is doing. Her outfits look like she went to a garage sale at Sydney Bristow's house. Her scary skills are rarely used and never seen. And she (and her gang) live in some kind of guarded barracks, each in one room. None of it makes sense.

Monroe and Rosalee continue to be the best part of the show, and the most relatable.

And I am all for Adalind in a towel. Though I'll suggest that being in a towel was a reminder of the level of familiarity with Nick and their shared home.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1