Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Dawn's Early Light

I got the impression that Crane didn't know anything about CPR when Abbie nearly drowned. He is a quick study and doesn't remain ignorant of advancements once brought to his attention. So when Whispering Tits needed reviving he was quite capable and able to save her worthless life. I wasn't heavily engaged during S2, but I never got the feeling that Crane and Katrina were the OTP. They were just too bland, but what was the Wigstand gloating about? I will give you the writers have played a nasty little game with the fans since coming back from the last break and if I could hurt those fuckers, I would.

You misunderstood what I meant. I was just angry that they took a moment for Ichabbie and actually cut the hug that they showed in episode stills of the two of them, but then in Deliverance, they took the scene with Ich/K to the full romantic fruition. That's what I was mad about. I know Ichabod didn't know CPR when it was Abbie - I was just mad that they reused it for K to illustrate to us how EPIIIIIC their love was supposed to be.

Still pissed, lol.

• Love 2

I haven't commented much about this episode because I've been trying to wrap my head around the WTFuckery of that relationship convo between Abbie and Daniel. What. The. Fuck?!?! It makes no sense to me. None. It would have seemed credible to me if it had happened during 3A, especially if it had happened shortly before Abbie's disappearance, because that at least would have given his pining some poignancy, but now? It's not working and I still can't wrap my head around it. Terrible timing, just terrible. It doesn't help that as an Ichabbie shipper it just feels all kinds of wrong. Even if I didn't ship it just feels like pointless interference with the witness bond. I've long since stopped being intrigued by Daniel and at most am just waiting for the reveal of whether he is some sort of conspirator or a cat's paw for dire forces. I did appreciate his reactions to the demon dude in this episode, that was kind of fun.

• Love 4

I've been seized with a fit of optimism this morning, so I'm crossing my fingers that they needed a moment of Abbie opening up to Daniel romantically in order to tie it in to the FBI watching her and his involvement with that, just to make the betrayal that much more hurtful when it happens. Her very own "You suck, Katrina!" moment, if you will.

• Love 4

I've been seized with a fit of optimism this morning, so I'm crossing my fingers that they needed a moment of Abbie opening up to Daniel romantically in order to tie it in to the FBI watching her and his involvement with that, just to make the betrayal that much more hurtful when it happens. Her very own "You suck, Katrina!" moment, if you will.

I'll go along with this -- or, they just like to mess with us : )

I'm just glad to see them getting back to what made the first season so much fun, the wonky alternative supernatural history, secret locations, historical artifacts with a kick.  One thing I noticed, though.  Paul Revere's house isn't some white-walled mansion in the countryside, it's an unassuming house in the middle of Boston, surrounded by buildings and very rustic inside.

• Love 3
(edited)

It just occurred to me one reason THO doesn’t bore me is because he reminds me how much I love watching “The Ten Commandants” during Easter/Passover.  Peter Mensah plays THO just like Yul Brynner in his scenes with Sethi.  Sethi is always asking why Yul Brynner hasn’t accomplished a task and Yul just stands there, all buff and pompous.  Yul then proclaims how his grandiose plans would have been beyond compare, but he couldn’t get around to it because - reasons.  I hope "Delaware" will include THO’s “Moses and the Israelites” moment.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1

It just occurred to me one reason THO doesn’t bore me is because he reminds me how much I love watching “The Ten Commandants” during Easter/Passover.  Peter Mensah plays THO just like Yul Brynner in his scenes with Sethi.  Sethi is always asking why Yul Brynner hasn’t accomplished a task and Yul just stands there, all buff and pompous.  Yul then proclaims how his grandiose plans would have been beyond compare, but he couldn’t get around to it because - reasons.  I hope "Delaware" will include THO’s “Moses and the Israelites” moment.

Sounds like Trump.

• Love 3

Yul had a certain flaire to him that was hard to describe, though.  I was privileged to see him in The King and I on stage shortly before he died.  He was fantastic.

• Love 2