Type keyword(s) to search

Lost Girl - General Discussion

mad_typist
  • Start Topic

Can someone remind of what these hell shoes are? 

They're ugly is what they are....and stupid.  I got nothing.  I just watch this show for the characters, not it's wacko mythology which I rarely even care what the hell they're throwing out there. *whispers*..because in the last two seasons mainly,it's not been very good ideas/writing IMO. It's more like, WTF?!! S4 was a big culprit of that.

• Love 2

Wow this show has fallen so far off the mark and I'm saying this as a Doccubus and Valkubus fan. I think the change in showrunners (twice) and the over reliance on bad mythology storytelling has made this show so unwatchable. At this point everyone is just phoning it in. It took me a day to watch this episode and that's never happened before.At this point I don't even care who Bo ends up with and that's sad.

• Love 1

Maraleia-  are you spoiled for anything in the first part of S5? I've seen the first eight so far via a kind friend on Facebook. Full disclosure, I like Lost Girl but I've never loved it. But I have to say,compared to last season, the eps I've seen so far are a lot better than that S4 crap. Sure there were definitely some eps and scenes this season that were WTF? or What the hell was that?/are you kidding me?   But even saying that,S5 just has a more Lost Girly feel to it than last season, even if it isn't the greatest so far. I'm sorry to keep comparing it to S4,but it's still semi-fresh in my mind and I wish it could be erased. The first three seasons were decent,(didn't love the last third of S3 though...stupid Dawning and Wanderer crap)

Bottom line, I hope you'll continue to keep watching. And I'll be interested to see what you think going forward and hopefully you'll still post here. 

We you surprised Bo found Kenzie in the first ep?  I was, I thought for sure they'd drag it out at least a few eps.  Finding her so quickly, I thought it was kind of anti-climactic,that there was no real anticipation or intensity to finding her....wherever the hell in hell she was!    But I read Kesnia Solo is only appearing in less than half the eps, so I guess they wanted to use her as quickly as possible.

• Love 1

Maraleia-  are you spoiled for anything in the first part of S5? I've seen the first eight so far via a kind friend on Facebook. Full disclosure, I like Lost Girl but I've never loved it. But I have to say,compared to last season, the eps I've seen so far are a lot better than that S4 crap. Sure there were definitely some eps and scenes this season that were WTF? or What the hell was that?/are you kidding me?   But even saying that,S5 just has a more Lost Girly feel to it than last season, even if it isn't the greatest so far. I'm sorry to keep comparing it to S4,but it's still semi-fresh in my mind and I wish it could be erased. The first three seasons were decent,(didn't love the last third of S3 though...stupid Dawning and Wanderer crap)

Bottom line, I hope you'll continue to keep watching. And I'll be interested to see what you think going forward and hopefully you'll still post here. 

We you surprised Bo found Kenzie in the first ep?  I was, I thought for sure they'd drag it out at least a few eps.  Finding her so quickly, I thought it was kind of anti-climactic,that there was no real anticipation or intensity to finding her....wherever the hell in hell she was!    But I read Kesnia Solo is only appearing in less than half the eps, so I guess they wanted to use her as quickly as possible.

I'm a little spoiled based on some recaps I read but I guess I'm just cranky because I want the shows I watch (especially the ones with queer representation) to be better and Lost Girl has fallen so far that I'm only seeing the negative now. I didn't mean to harsh anyone's mellow BTW.

• Love 1

I had seen this ep back when it first aired, and just happened to catch a little of it tonight while flipping channels.

Wow, not good. The only thing that saved it for me were the Kenzi/Lauren scenes.  Aaannd there goes the Kenz. So won't be seeing her for a while. Crap.

So, Kenzi's gone? Boo.

She is hands down my favorite character on this show, so it does suck to see her gone.  Oddly enough I did not realize she was on Turn until tonight.  She looked like a totally different person, still very beautiful but a lot different and I feel like a dumbass for not knowing it was her.

She is hands down my favorite character on this show, so it does suck to see her gone.  Oddly enough I did not realize she was on Turn until tonight.  She looked like a totally different person, still very beautiful but a lot different and I feel like a dumbass for not knowing it was her.

She's turning up on Orphan Black this season too, but it's not clear how big a role she has.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have come to a conclusion: I am not sure if the show has ended in...,.Canada? But if it has don't spoil me, if it hasn't this is what I will and won't accept.

I won't accept Bo choosing Dyson.

I will accept Bo not choosing between Dyson and Lauren. I will accept her not making the choice. The whole damn arc is her not choosing between them and I will accept that as her final choice. To not chose.

She actually loves both of them for different reasons and to acknowledge that would be interesting and refreshing. She loves Dysons strength and Lauren's intelligence. I would really like it if the show was smart enough to figure that out.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Wow this show has fallen so far off the mark and I'm saying this as a Doccubus and Valkubus fan. I think the change in showrunners (twice) and the over reliance on bad mythology storytelling has made this show so unwatchable. At this point everyone is just phoning it in. It took me a day to watch this episode and that's never happened before.At this point I don't even care who Bo ends up with and that's sad.

I FINALLY got myself to watch this episode and I have no idea what is happening like 90% of the time. I give up. Maybe it is a mixture of me having a bad memory (so I do not remember their references to earlier episodes) and the show just being so convoluted and bad.

• Love 1

Well, I'm up to episode 4. I liked the last two episodes okay. They were more standalone, not so confusing episodes.

One thing I thought, though, was that Lauren has become an actual character with a personality, which I'm glad about. I remember how terrible she was in season 1. Glad to see at least SOME things improved.

Not too interested in Dyson's daddy plot, though. But I guess it means he's going to end up alone, without Bo, so  they gave him a son to compensate.

• Love 1

Well, damn, no comments here.

I have been liking the season more than I expected. I think it's making more sense, I'm not perpetually confused as I used to be. Maybe it's because I know a little about the Greek gods.

Poor tamsin! I was glad to see that story explored, they were hinting at Tamsin being in love with Bo for a long time.

I was pretty shocked by Vex being into Dyson's kid. This is actually something I had thought about, that for a show that was all about female homosexuality, they had never dared to go there with the male leads. So they did, and Vex makes sense.

I haven't really missed kensy, which surprised me, but I really hope they get the actress for the series finale or something. She was a fundamental part of the show.

• Love 1

Yes...It is the last season, they just broke it up. There will be 16 eps if I remember correctly. Eight eps for the first half, eight coming....who knows. No date has been set as far as I know. Guessing Fall sometime?

I haven't really missed kensy, which surprised me, but I really hope they get the actress for the series finale or something. She was a fundamental part of the show.

If I remember correctly Kesnia Solo said she be in less than half of the season. So we know

she's been in two eps, so maybe she'll be in a couple more in the second half. She has to be in at least one more.

Spoilers in case you haven't seen all of the first eight eps. 

wtf...Bo turned into a cat with a twitchy tail and oracles gouged their own eyes out.  For some reason, Bo slept with Tamzin despite her being antagonistic all these seasons with her, Lauren and Dyson being around and just fan girling all over her?  What is going on with this show?

I hate Dyson's son. Dyson has some issues, but man, his son is a real douche. He's working and picks up a girl to have sex with? Ugh, hate. Stop being a dick and man up, dude.

Tamsin/Bo feels weird, probably because they've gone from being antagonists to lovers. Not that things can't change but it still feels weird. Same goes for Lauren and Dyson just being cool with being Bo's support team. I'm not really that sad they have stopped being jealous of each other, but they seem more like they are around to be Bo cheerleaders (including Trick) than having any real purpose of their own.

(edited)

My heart broke a little for both Tamsin and Vex. I know whaaaa?!?!?!!! I think it helps that the writing and acting was really there for Tamsin and the acting was there for Vex.

Also I would have really liked it if the oracles had appeared to Bo as Kenzi because that is who Bo's heart desires even though it's nonsexual.

Edited by HunterHunted

Yes...It is the last season, they just broke it up. There will be 16 eps if I remember correctly. Eight eps for the first half, eight coming....who knows. No date has been set as far as I know. Guessing Fall sometime?

Found out, it's Sept 6,they will start airing the last eight eps in Canada.

I didn't see a thread for S10 - about the painting. Am I really the only person in the US still watching this?  I have to admit, I really only watch it because I am a huge Anna Silk fan - I am a hetero woman, but there is just something about her that I really find attractive. 

i just finished binging the entire first 4 seasons and I LOVE this show! Well......I didnt love the last episode, that was sooooo confusing! Just everything thrown in there, I still dont get the whole wanderer plot. Anywho, I love that the lead character is a hot bisexual (or more like Captain Jack Harkness, Bo is omnisexual) and one of the leads is a lesbian! Yay representation! I will begin the fifth and final season later but for now, minus the last episode or so, I enjoy this show a lot!

The show is so different now! Bo is not anywhere near as sexy as she was and I agree, she does seem to be "straight" or straighter than she ever was before. The show is really suffering from the lack of Hale and Kenzie but I do like what they're doing with the Lauren character. I hope the rest of this last season is better.

And so it ends. Hades big plan is for Bo to suck the chi from everyone so that he can raise any army to fight the gods that he's already cowed. Bo defeats Hades with love. Kensie is raising Tamsin's daughter. Mark is a police officer and dating Vex (we couldn't even get a kiss. Boooooo!).

There were plenty of things I liked about the show that I continued to line until the end, I liked the Bo/Lauren relationship and I am glad the show ultimately went that way with it. I also liked Vex and I thought giving him a happy ending was nice. I liked Tamisin ending because it was epic and she was never going to get what she wanted so giving her an epic death was the next best thing.

The actual ending was a little too rushed and silly and made no sense. I would have much preferred something a little...I don't know....

Hades plan was kind of stupid but all these villians plans are kinda stupid but that is not really the point. The point was Bo and her chosing who she is and who she wants to be. She is Tricks blood as well or something. It has always been about Bo chosing a side; Light or Dark. Good or Evil. Lauren or Dyson. Love or Hate.

She was finally able to chose.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I finally got around to watching the last episodes of Lost Girl that were on too late for me to watch on Syfy. As far as "evil genius creates an elaborate fool proof plan until the last episode" plot lines go, at least Hades initiated Plan B before he figured he'd be defeated. The character bloodbath over the last episodes was pretty heavy. I haven't seen its like since the last month of Forever Knight. Of course, Kenzie gets to live AND she gets to do double duty on TURN.

As dumb as the show was, at least they tied up some loose ends while maintaining the trippy imagery and fluid sexuality that distinguished the series.

• Love 1

I needed something to do over the weekend so I binged through this show.  I had forgotten how much I loved this show.  This show made me a huge Zoie Palmer fan.  I loved how the show even frombtgd start when it had every intention of going with Bo/Dyson as the OTP tooknBo and Lauren seriously. But as the pairing grew in popularity the showrunners didn’t balk like most shows do and wrote into the more popular pairing.  The final season has its problems but I really loved this show.  

• Love 1

I started watching it on Netflix.

It's a weird combination of bad and good writing at the same time lol

love some ideas and how the folklore is incorporated, but stupidity of some characters who are supposed to be 100s of years old is baffling.

I'm somewhere in the middle of season 2 now. I feel guilty loving Lachlan lol