Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fight Face

• Start Topic

Only a handful of people other than the Sheriff know about the "experiment" so if they just yanked him out of the program, instead of putting him in solitary, the guards would question it. Over 40 guards were arrested in a huge drug trafficking ring a month or two ago, and I think that was what was going on here.

Found an article in Georgia

Edited by Christina
  • Love 2

Sociopaths supposedly have no genuine human emotion but learn to mimic it from a young age in order to get along. Usually you hear about those who do it brilliantly, like those serial killers like Bundy. I think Robert's the more pedestrian kind. He doesn't read people well, and likely in the outside world people see him at best as phony and at worst as skeevy and avoid him as best they can. Meanwhile, he's strutting around like he's killing it.

This whole paragraph makes me laugh so hard, but the underlined ... I cannot.

You also maybe *maybe* run background checks on your candidates because really, if the sheriff didn't know after carefully screening the candidates that Robert had been on some reality show... then he clearly wasn't carefully screening the candidates.

For real. If random internet sites can find their dirt like *snaps* that, surely a department that runs fingerprints to find murderers can find a dumbass saving time on TLC.

• Love 1

Only a handful of people other than the Sheriff know about the "experiment" so if they just yanked him out of the program, instead of putting him in solitary, the guards would question it. Over 40 guards were arrested in a huge drug trafficking ring a month or two ago, and I think that was what was going on here.

Found an article in Georgia

That was Georgia. This show takes place in Indiana, I believe.

Both Mr. Moving and I worked in a prison.  (It's where we met and fell in love.)  It is unbelievable how immature most of the inmates were.  The reason for this is most had a long history of substance abuse that began when they were VERY young.  As young as nine years old.  The inmates acted like obnoxious teens because they stopped maturing emotionally when they began using.  They are stuck in adolescents emotionally speaking and behave accordingly. 

I had started out my career working in a group home for teen girls and the "adults" were even more immature than the teens.  The chaos, pettiness and arguing was unbelievable.  I was so  thankful to go to a quiet home at night. 

Tami grew up in group homes.  I think all this teenage girl/prison behavior is like a flashback for her.  I think her standing up to Boston is her way of not being victimized again.

This. Tami's outburst DOES annoy me, but I DON'T think it's just a popularity thing. I think she has been through a lot, and if you are isolated enough, you can go pretty crazy from hating everyone around you and still being lonely just the same. 

Tami went into the system to see what becomes of people she has put away. She is experiencing how much it can bring out the lowest denominator in yourself. I'm still rooting for her to get her head back on straight. We want to see them learn from this journey, so I am rooting for her to come to terms with some things that these little girls in the system have not.

Pretty sure DEA guy is going to get his family killed. Instead of caring about the program (where he just supposed to shed light on the conditions), he is on his own little mission to end drugs. And he is making it all public. He might know enough to hold up well inside, but I don't feel like he understands the damage he is doing long term.

At first i thought this show was for real but after watching it..not so much. Im thinking this drama is purposely being created. The giveaway was when everyone was freaked out about zac going to court then they pawn it off as there was another zac holland..really..lol..zac holland does not strike me as a common name! And for real with this robert dude..not thinkin it so much. And then Tami , cmon folks she is posed to be a police officer and frankly if she for real cant conduct her emotions any better than this due to her supposed foster care upbring the she needs a psyche eval done bfore she goes back out on the force.. really not going thru with giving the girl a cake and her reasons werent even clear all for the sake of the show and to increase the drama. Just like they are aware the inmate isnt taking his meds an he is acting wacadoodle and allowing someone in the program to be harmed potentially..more made up drama. Ok lets see what else.. Zac seems to be doing what they all went in there for but he seems to be the only one. Oh and mohammed ali just so happened to be on tv right when they all were sitting watching and why if he was would they show him with his daughter..lol,more invented drama..just my thoughts..i think if it is real at all the inmates probly do think it is just a show about first timers and think they are playing along with the invented drama..but the again they could be fakemates too..lol

• Love 2

The giveaway was when everyone was freaked out about zac going to court then they pawn it off as there was another zac holland..really..lol..zac holland does not strike me as a common name!

Totally agree on this point. The drama around Zac being called out.... really, there's no way it can't be stopped by Sheriff Idiot? Sheriff Idiot can't call a lackey at the court house and tell them they pulled the wrong guy? The entire project could be fucked because Zac MUST SPEAK THE TRUTH to the judge?

I mean seriously, imagine if Zac or any other fucking inmate did that - said "Judge, I am actually an undercover innocent person placed in this jail to root out corruption. Ask Sheriff Idiot, he screened me, vetted me, and this was all supposed to be super top secret!"

And then Tami , cmon folks she is posed to be a police officer and frankly if she for real cant conduct her emotions any better than this due to her supposed foster care upbring the she needs a psyche eval done bfore she goes back out on the force.. really not going thru with giving the girl a cake and her reasons werent even clear all for the sake of the show and to increase the drama.

Oh I think Tami is an unexpected gem to production in that I think she's seriously having a mental situation. I actually feel sorry for her in that I doubt very much that she expected to be publically humiliated... on top of all of her other issues we're seeing.

Just like they are aware the inmate isnt taking his meds an he is acting wacadoodle and allowing someone in the program to be harmed potentially..more made up drama..

Just like they are aware the inmate isnt taking his meds an he is acting wacadoodle and allowing someone in the program to be harmed potentially..more made up drama.

It feels fake, I agree. But I genuinely think the jail is understaffed, and I've seen similar things on MSN Lockup - which isn't perfect but is a bit higher quality than this show.

My mom and I heard Isaiah say his brother had been in for five years with no trial. How is that possible? Did we hear correctly?

Yes, I heard that too. I thought it was kind of odd.  He needs to get a better lawyer.....lol

I think I might be kinda old fashioned, but is it a new trend to tell the public viewing audience about your families problems? I think this is why I take issue with shows like Intervention. Yes, your family member may have problems but you should deal with them within your own family, not post their face and experience for all to see. Zac telling everyone about his wife's drinking problems really took me out of the whole, "I wanna be a DEA agent and am going on a reality show to ensure that I can never work undercover but I still have good instincts," mentality.

I think that Zac is going to peg Jeff as part of the program. He's already processed Martin and what he's doing to his fellow inmates. The women's pod isn't as interesting but I think Tami is going to blow up. I saw the upcoming 10 minute preview so I'm excited to see how they're going to incorporate the c-pod guys and Robert returning and mixing it all up.

Hell, stick Robert in C-pod, he's going to deal with a television telling someone off their meds better than Jeff.  The utter psychosis with the whole, "The tv told me he was threatening to rape my son." Jeff is a tryhard and probably won't be respected as a CO because he can't get over childhood bullying is clear, but he isn't a child-killer.

• Love 1

Zac is super hot. Nice eye candy for the girls. And really all the DEA agents wear mask so I don't see a problem. My friend is a DEA and even to court they wear the masks.

• Useful 1

I don't think Zac is good looking at all.  It might be that he NEVER smiles and I like my guys to have a great senses of humor.  His wife is really pretty, except she needs to learn how to put on self tanner or not any at all.  It looked like she forgot the tops of her hand.  I think she married down in the looks dept.

Edited by raiderred1
  • Love 1

I don't think Zac is good looking at all.  It might be that he NEVER smiles and I like my guys to have a great senses of humor.  His wife is really pretty, except she needs to learn how to put on self tanner or not any at all.  It looked like she forgot the tops of her hand.  I think she married down in the looks dept.

When I saw his wife my first thought was, "wow he could have done so much better." She looked very fake, too much make-up, too much gunk in her hair, very high-maintenance. Zac seems very down-to-Earth and level headed. His wife looks like a lot of work.