Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Bait And Stitch

• Start Topic

Constantly describing a woman as "beautiful" or "gorgeous" when she's appearing as an expert in another context makes it seem like she doesn't have very strong credentials.

Same as Isaac.  Note how they say he is one of the most "iconic names in fashion." ** Not iconic designers, or iconic talents.  To me that's another back-handed compliment.

It's like the scriptwriters hate these people, too, but no one on the show knows they're being punked.

ETA: subtext is "who is now a household name, thanks to QVC"

Edited by Special K
  • Love 1

Unzipped, the documentary about Mizrahi, is streaming on Netflix right now. He was really something back in the day.

It's fun to see the Isaac of old, but dang, what a jumpy, irritating format, in grainy black-and-white no less.  He does seem a pale ghost of his former self on PRAS, doesn't he?  

All I could think of when they announced that Dom's design was the winner is that the second Hilty sits down in it, it's going to be horribly wrinkled.  Linen is just awful to wear!  She'll get out of her limo and have big creases on the front of her gown from sitting down.

All I could think of when they announced that Dom's design was the winner is that the second Hilty sits down in it, it's going to be horribly wrinkled.  Linen is just awful to wear!  She'll get out of her limo and have big creases on the front of her gown from sitting down.

I didn't realize it was linen. Not very forgiving unless you're able to own it.

Once I heard beach towel...

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to admit I liked Zak in the beginning better than I do now because now and I can't say exactly why.  I have the same problem with both Isaac and Kors--I don't like snarky comments that only made to make the person seem smarter than they are but add nothing to the conversation,  I would rather the judges point out the good, the bad, the ugly about a design without getting cute or hurtful about it (or overpraising a marginal designer just because he or she is the season's chosen one).  Sometimes something genuinely clever is said, and I appreciate that, but they tend to drive any phrase into the ground by repeating it over and over and over again. That kind of thing only seems funny if you're under the influence.

I sincerely think TPTB may have told Zac to be more like MK.  And its not just because I love MK, but I have noticed the difference in Zac's critiques from when he first joined the show.  When he first joined the show were kind and very, very, very constructive.  This bored me, because I felt like MK could give a critique and tell you what was wrong and throw crazy shade.  However, I knew that other people loved it, because Zac was much more gentle than MK, even when Zac was being harsh.  I noticed that for the past maybe 2-3 seasons that Zac's remarks have been far less helpful and far, far more cutting.  He doesn't have the wit that MK has, so I think most of those "jokes" fall flat, but he seems markedly more cutting than he used to be.

Edited by RCharter