Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Broken Hearts

• Start Topic

I really liked what Paul told Felicity in 4x15 before everything went to hell: "focus on what really mattered...healing...you gotta be patient with yourself, these things take time." 

I really love the little bits of wisdom that Curtis and Paul have given Felicity throughout the season.  I think that even though Paul said this during her PT session, it also applies to her emotional well-being in 4x16.  She dived right back into superheroing post breakup, thinking that it wasn't hard for things to get back to normal, and boy was she wrong.  I'm glad that Felicity eventually took Paul's advice and is taking the time to focus on healing herself.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 9

Felicity is also apparently abusive, manipulative, insensitive to Oliver's PTSD, and emotionally immature, according to an open letter that was written to the EPs. I suppose accusing her of micromanaging is pretty mild in comparison.

• Love 3

Everyone has walked out at some point. Holding it against Felicity is just showing us that some didn't like the character before or after and using it against her. It's stupid. She is allowed to take breaks for her sanity.

Felicity is also apparently abusive, manipulative, insensitive to Oliver's PTSD, and emotionally immature, according to an open letter that was written to the EPs. I suppose accusing her of micromanaging is pretty mild in comparison.

Where can I find this? I need a laugh :)

Edited by looptab

Never. Felicity has demonstrated time and again that she loves Oliver for being Oliver. She's been understanding and accepting of many of his personal quirks - such as needing to hit something instead of standing beside her in a time of crisis. The only thing she won't accept is being treated as less than a partner in their relationship. Which is pretty valid. Marriage is a partnership and Oliver doesn't let her in when he's making big decisions that affect his life and hers. Realising the person you love has something in their personality that you're never going to be able to accept and walking away from the relationship is the mature decision. The alternative is being made perpetually miserable by something the other person can not help. So until Oliver can prove that this something he can change, she's 110% doing the right thing.

I really like you and the words you write. They're so logical.

• Love 1

I am, I admit, an often cruel and cynical person. But even I am not cruel enough to force a poor accountant to join this show. Just consider what that accountant would have to figure out:

1. Why, exactly, a billionaire family put all of their funds solely into a company run by a mostly deadbeat son who, by his own account, spent five years chased by increasingly improbable and incomprehensible plots on an evil island and Hong Kong instead of earning an MBA or other degree.

2. Why, exactly, that same billionaire family failed to notice that another CEO was manipulating stock prices and - never mind, I think I got that one.

3. What happened to all of that valuable art in the Queen Mansion that poor Slade had to spend hours pretending to admire, but which was apparently not listed as assets when the Queen family inexplicably went broke?

4. What happened to the insurance payments for the Queen Mansion after it burned up in the 2.5 comics?

5. When, exactly, do vigilantes working full time jobs - hi, Laurel and Felicity - find the time to do their taxes?

6. Is Oliver's new Green Arrow suit deductible, and will the IRS object if he has to buy a new one because "my arms get cold" and "the fans won't shut up about how much they don't like the suit"?

6. How, exactly, were funds from Palmer Tech funneled into an underground complex sheltering vigilante equipment, some very cool motorcycles, and a salmon ladder?

7. Is the salmon ladder deductible, and if so, is it no longer deductible this season since we barely see Oliver using it?

8. If the salmon ladder goes off for some little R&R with Barry's Cosmic Treadmill, can they deduct their entertainment expenses as long as they spend at least part of their conversation discussing the difficulties of working with broody superheroes prone to making terrible life decisions?

And these are just the highlights: I'm certain far, far more terrors exist in Team Arrow's paperwork - when Team Arrow even has paperwork. The poor accountant would die after about three hours of reading through the documents, to be greeted by the ghosts of the equally despairing DAs who have died on this show.  The finances are, I believe, the number one reason why we haven't seen Walter on this show for years - it's not just that he's trying to avoid kidnapping for the sake of his physical health, but as a banker, he can't afford the emotional shock of looking too closely at Arrow's accounting.

No, I just can't do it. I'm not that cruel. #SaveTheAccountants

• Love 18

I am, I admit, an often cruel and cynical person. But even I am not cruel enough to force a poor accountant to join this show. Just consider what that accountant would have to figure out:

1. Why, exactly, a billionaire family put all of their funds solely into a company run by a mostly deadbeat son who, by his own account, spent five years chased by increasingly improbable and incomprehensible plots on an evil island and Hong Kong instead of earning an MBA or other degree.

2. Why, exactly, that same billionaire family failed to notice that another CEO was manipulating stock prices and - never mind, I think I got that one.

3. What happened to all of that valuable art in the Queen Mansion that poor Slade had to spend hours pretending to admire, but which was apparently not listed as assets when the Queen family inexplicably went broke?

4. What happened to the insurance payments for the Queen Mansion after it burned up in the 2.5 comics?

5. When, exactly, do vigilantes working full time jobs - hi, Laurel and Felicity - find the time to do their taxes?

6. Is Oliver's new Green Arrow suit deductible, and will the IRS object if he has to buy a new one because "my arms get cold" and "the fans won't shut up about how much they don't like the suit"?

6. How, exactly, were funds from Palmer Tech funneled into an underground complex sheltering vigilante equipment, some very cool motorcycles, and a salmon ladder?

7. Is the salmon ladder deductible, and if so, is it no longer deductible this season since we barely see Oliver using it?

8. If the salmon ladder goes off for some little R&R with Barry's Cosmic Treadmill, can they deduct their entertainment expenses as long as they spend at least part of their conversation discussing the difficulties of working with broody superheroes prone to making terrible life decisions?

And these are just the highlights: I'm certain far, far more terrors exist in Team Arrow's paperwork - when Team Arrow even has paperwork. The poor accountant would die after about three hours of reading through the documents, to be greeted by the ghosts of the equally despairing DAs who have died on this show.  The finances are, I believe, the number one reason why we haven't seen Walter on this show for years - it's not just that he's trying to avoid kidnapping for the sake of his physical health, but as a banker, he can't afford the emotional shock of looking too closely at Arrow's accounting.

No, I just can't do it. I'm not that cruel. #SaveTheAccountants

So, are you the accountant you are trying to save from Arrow? 

The worst thing Arrow could ever do to Oliver Queen is make me his accountant.  

And the best thing they can do is make you a window repairer. Because with the amount of business you'd get, you'd be filthy rich .

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7

And hte best thing they can do is make you a window repairer. Because with the amount of business you'd get, you'd be filthy rich .

Where's the job application for this?

• Love 1

Where's the job application for this?

Sorry, the job has been filled :/ It's a really tough business to get into nowadays. 

But I suppose you're lucky because then you'd have to live in Star City, a place where 90% of the people who roam the streets are idiots, and a place that almost gets destroyed every year... I guess if you were that filthy rich you could've committed to a long commute? Plus I'm sure you can purchase your own helicopter with that kind of money.

Hmmm.

No offense, but I think the answer is yes, haha.

I think the thumb drive has something to do with some programs she's been working on that she wants to develop for some kind of greater good - I don't think it's anything nefarious.

I think the thumb drive sometimes is just a thumb drive and in this case just an excuse to get Oliver and Felicity to have crossed paths.  If it had been important, I think we would have heard about it or at least seen in in 4-17.

• Love 3

I think the thumb drive will be important in later episodes, but it will be all good stuff. Probably just her thoughts on how to make positive change via Palmer Tech.

As much as I think EvilFelicity would be for a episode or an arc, it is not happening this season. And frankly, I don't want it to happen. FS has had enough to deal with, she doesn't need to take a trip to the Dark Side ~ let's save some stuff for future seasons.

• Love 2

Felicity's stuff was in the boxes, so I think Oliver stayed in the bunker from the time she called off the engagement until she moved out. Provided they both didn't move out.

I think we saw a menorah in a box? But not much else, right? They could easily have opened the box that had the menorah because Oliver's stuff was mixed in it. 

And he is living in the Bunker with Lance?  That part makes sense but didn't we see her leave the loft after over thinking her packing? 

I don't think we saw her leave the loft. Oliver left the loft after asking Felicity to call the movers whenever she's ready. I'm now thinking he means when it's convenient for her since she's the one who'll get bothered when they come to take his stuff. It also makes sense to me with Felicity giving Oliver tips on how to move, before he sort of cuts her off with the information he'd hired movers. Plus, the conversation later when Felicity says something like "I thought you'd be asleep," as opposed to "I thought you'd be home." There's also Echo's tweet about how sad it feels when your ex is helping you move out. The way he phrased it made it sound like it was Oliver leaving.

I guess we'll find out later who did actually move out :)

• Love 1

I think we saw a menorah in a box? But not much else, right? They could easily have opened the box that had the menorah because Oliver's stuff was mixed in it. 

Yes, but she was the one packing. Why would he let her pack all his stuff, and then leave while she was in the middle of doing it?

I don't think we saw her leave the loft. Oliver left the loft after asking Felicity to call the movers whenever she's ready. I'm now thinking he means when it's convenient for her since she's the one who'll get bothered when they come to take his stuff.

I figured he was going to help her, but couldn't stand to do it, so he hired someone to do it for him so he wouldn't have to be there when she left, and that he was going to stay in the bunker until the movers had come - and that throughout Broken Hearts - they hadn't done that yet. 

He could've totally been the one to move out, but it'd make more sense to me if they both left rather than Felicity staying in an apartment that belonged to his sister, where the two of them had lived together and planned on getting married. If I was either of them, I'd want to get as far away from that as possible. 

• Love 4

Looked to me like the packing was pretty much done. Most of the boxes seemed like they were already closed/sealed. I was thinking Oliver came from upstairs because he was checking if he'd left anything behind (or taking a last long look at their bed :P )

As for getting as far away from the loft as possible, I totally agree ... if this weren't a TV show and this particular TV show that has very limited budget for sets. There's a reason they kept mentioning the living quarters in the bunker. And it makes sense for Oliver to move there for a bit. We've heard no mention however of Felicity moving to a hotel or corporate apartments, which is probably where she'd go if she was the one who left. 

I think Oliver is a total sap when it comes to all things Felicity.  He wouldn't want to help move her stuff out of the loft.  He didn't want to cancel the venue.  He wouldn't want to come back to an empty loft.  All things that would make it real that they are not together anymore.

I think Felicity moved out and Oliver has been more or less living in the bunker.  They had moved to the loft together with plans of marriage and bliss.  I don't think Felicity would be staying in the loft because it was originally Thea's place, so if anyone would be staying there it would Oliver.  With Felicity no longer living there with him, Oliver would be left alone with memories of "them" everywhere in the loft - I don't think he would want to live there without her.

• Love 11

Between 415 and 416, Oliver (or at least a version of him) crossed over to DC's Legends of Tomorrow 106. Therefore, I'm posting my transcriptions from that episode as well as this episode...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 106 (Star City 2046) – Felicity is referred to but not seen in this alternate future reality that the Legends visit; Sara Lance and Rip Hunter meet John Diggle Jr., a/k/a Connor Hawke, a/k/a Green Arrow, as well as an old, one-armed Oliver Queen:
Rip: “We're very grateful for your assistance, but we really must be moving along to Smoak Technologies.”
Connor: “What for? That place has been cleared out for years. But a lot of Felicity Smoak's projects got relocated.”
Sara: “Where?”
Connor: “Come on.”
Sara: “You didn't say that Felicity's equipment would be here.”
Connor: “Well, where else would you think it'd be?”
Rip: “Mr. Queen's base of operations appears to have seen better days.”
Connor: “Yeah, well the place got attacked after Grant Wilson outed Queen as the Green Arrow.”
Sara: “Let's just find what we're looking for and get out of here.”
Old Oliver: “Whoever’s there, get out! I said, get out! Whoever you are, get out!”
(Old Oliver appears, holding a bow. He has gray hair and a beard, and only one arm.)
Sara: “Oliver?”
Old Oliver: “Hello, Sara. Long time, no see.”
Rip: “Is that -?”
Connor: “Oliver Queen.”
Sara: “Everyone thinks that you’re dead.”
Old Oliver: “They’re not wrong. Put the arrow down, John. You’re embarrassing yourself.”
Rip: “John?”
Old Oliver: “John Diggle Jr.”
Connor: “My dad is dead because I couldn’t save him. I don’t deserve his name. I’m Connor Hawke.”
Old Oliver: “So you won’t take his name, but it’s alright to parade around in someone else’s outfit.”
Connor: “Well, someone has to, because the last time that I checked, you were dead. Everyone thought you were dead. I've been trying to hold this city by myself because I thought you were gone.”
Sara: “What happened to you? To Laurel, to my dad – Felicity?”
Old Oliver: “They’re gone. All of them.”
Sara: “What do you mean? Ollie –“
Old Oliver: “Gone. What do you want me to say, Sara? Thirty years ago, you and Ray hopped on a spaceship, and you never came back.”
Sara: “We will.”
Old Oliver: “I don't want to say that things would have ended differently if you and Ray had been here, but –“
Sara: “But if we were, it could've made the difference.”
Old Oliver: “You thought I was dead. What are you doing here?”
Rip: “We were looking for a neuromorphic prototype that Felicity Smoak was working on.”
Old Oliver: “Felicity left after everything that happened. Everything her company was working on is being kept in a warehouse at Adams and O'Neil. The entry code is 4-5-8-7.”
Rip: “Thank you, Mr. –“
Old Oliver: “You found your way in. Find your way out.”

416 (Broken Hearts) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

416 (Broken Hearts) – Felicity packs up to move out of the loft and has an awkward conversation with Oliver:
Felicity: "I... worked out a system to maximize the efficiency of the moving process. The densest, heaviest boxes are put into the moving truck first, creating a solid foundation for the rest of the boxes, and providing maximum recovery time during the most physical moments of moving. There's, um... less chance for injury, too."
Oliver: "I hired a mover."
Felicity: "And I would never want to step on the toes of professionals, but proper distribution of the mass and density of the boxes inside the moving truck could have cost-saving effects for the moving company in the form of improved gas mileage. Okay. Great."
Oliver: "So you're doing great with the - it's just amazing how much progress you've made in such little time. Paul must be just a physical therapy genius."
Felicity: "Yes, like a symphony of the talents. You know, with Curtis and Paul, they're kind of the perfect team. You know, marrying tech - poor choice of words. My bad. My specialty."
Oliver: "It's okay. (Clears throat) That's fine. I - it's, you know, it's not like, um, I don't know what it's like."
Felicity: "We were engaged, and now we're not together."
Oliver: "That's what it's like."
Felicity: "Could you cancel the venue? Please?"
Oliver: "I - yes, I will get around to canceling the venue." 
Felicity: "Great. Thank you. And I will uninvite the guests."
Oliver: "Okay. The movers will swing by whenever you want. Just give them a call. I'll see you when I see you."
Felicity: "So tonight?"
Oliver; "Tonight?"
Felicity: "Yeah. Tonight I, uh - I mean, I guess we didn't talk about it, but I was a part of the team before we were together. I just assumed -"
Oliver: "Oh, tonight. Like, to - like, to - like every night. Um... of course. You are a part of the team, forever and always."

416 (Broken Hearts) – Felicity tells the rest of the team that she and Oliver are no longer engaged or even together anymore:
Felicity: "How'd it go out there tonight?"
Oliver: "It was quiet."
Thea: "Yeah. The city hasn't had a quiet night in four years."
Diggle: "Yeah. I can't believe H.I.V.E. is silent just because Damien Darhk is in jail."
Laurel (entering): "Not for long."
Thea: "What are you talking about?"
Laurel: “The law's pesky need for evidence. The Ghost who took William also took their cyanide escape plans."
Felicity: "There's no one to testify against Darhk."
Diggle: "What about my brother?"
Laurel: "You mean the one that was declared legally dead five years ago? Oh.... should be fun walking him into court."
Thea: "Uh, what about us?"
Felicity: "Yeah! Damien kidnapped us over the holiday. We're all witnesses."
Laurel: "Actually that's good. The fiancee to the City's beloved mayoral candidate, it makes for a compelling story... What's wrong?"
Felicity: "Oliver and I aren't engaged anymore, um, or living together, or together-together."
Diggle: "Felicity."
Felicity: "It's fine, which is universal code for 'I don't want to talk about it.'"
(Cut to Oliver in another room of the Arrow Bunker.)
Diggle: "The pieces of Darhk's idol."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Diggle: "How you holding up?"
Oliver: "Felicity tell you guys?"
Diggle: "How are you holding up? Is this about your son?"
Oliver: "The fact that I lied to her about him, yeah."
Diggle: "Yeah, well, you got a kid, man, that's a whole lot to handle. But don't worry. She'll come around. Give her time."
Oliver: "I mean, she wants to stay on the team. That's a good sign... I think."

416 (Broken Hearts) – Team Arrow reacts to Carrie Cutter, a/k/a Cupid's reappearance in Star City:
Thea: "So is nobody else gonna say it? It's Cupid, stupid."
Quentin: "Well, she's changed up her MO a little: 'Love is dead.'" 
Felicity: "Oh! Maybe she's not so insane after all. Thought she was locked up in some A.R.G.U.S. sub-basement."
Diggle: "Yeah. Not anymore. I just talked to Lyla. Turns out Waller was serious about prisoners like Cupid working their way off of Task Force X. She's out."
Oliver: "Then we start with her victims. Did CSU ID them?"
Quentin: "They're running prints."
Thea: "Like, seriously? None of your crime tech guys read gossip web sites?"
Quentin: "Uh... heh. Let's assume they don't."
Thea: "This is Blaine, and this is Shannon."
Oliver: "Okay."
Thea: "Really, guys? Come on. It's the wedding of the decade."
Felicity: "Why would Cupid want to ice Star City's most high profile couple?"
Oliver: "Well, we figure that out, we figure out who her next targets might be."
Quentin: "How do we know there's gonna be a next target?"
Oliver: "I don't think that Carrie Cutter has changed that much."
Diggle: "We got to get to court."
Felicity: "I'm gonna stay here, work up some leads on Cupid."

416 (Broken Hearts) – Felicity tracks down Cupid's location:
Diggle: "I don't have a law degree, but I don't think that went well."
Laurel: "It could have been worse. If Fitzmartin kept pulling on those threads, then everything that we've done for this city could have been exposed."
Oliver: "It'd be worth it to put Darhk away."
Quentin: "Except it wouldn't put him away."
Thea: "Vigilantes don't make good witnesses?" 
Laurel: "No. But they make excellent inmates."
Thea: "Yeah."
Quentin: "Okay. So where does this leave us? We can't just let Darhk walk."
Laurel: "Well, unless they come up with a witness who Fitzmartin can't tear apart, then that's what's gonna happen."
Quentin: "Then put me on the stand. I don't have a secret identity, and I could testify about Darhk and his connection to H.I.V.E."
Laurel: "And spend the rest of your life in jail."
Quentin: "If it's a cell next to Darhk, it'd be worth it."
Laurel: "No. We'll find another way." (Diggle's cell phone beeps)
Diggle: "It's Felicity."
Oliver: "Ah. (Clears throat) Put her on speaker."
Diggle: "Felicity, we have the whole team here. What's up?"
Felicity (on phone): "Good news is, I got Cupid's location."
Diggle: "Good. Where is she?"
Felicity (on phone): "That's the bad news. Looks like she's kidnapped another celebrity couple - Allison Lee and Robert Joyce."
Thea: "'Allibert.'" 
Oliver: "Can you track the GPS on their phones?"
Felicity (on phone): "When I said I had their location, how do you think that I got it?"
Diggle: "Okay, Felicity, what's next? Where are we going?"
Felicity (on phone): "They're on the move, headed towards Pennytown."
Diggle: "Got it."
Laurel: "I'd suit up with you, but -"
Oliver: "No. What you're doing here is more important. Get Darhk."
Laurel: "Get Cupid."
(Cut to Cupid driving a wedding limo, with the kidnapped couple tied up in the back seat.)
Carrie: "Till death do us part. Don't worry. You won't have to wait that long. (Sees pursuing motorcycle and van in rear view mirror) Wedding crashers. Hold on tight."
(Chase sequence ensues with Oliver on motorcycle, with Thea behind him, and Diggle in van, pursuing Cupid's limo.)
Diggle: "Thea, look out!"
Felicity (over comms): "She's in the center."
Thea: "Ugh. I'm okay."
Oliver: "Stay with Speedy." 
Felicity (over comms): "Let them help you."
Oliver: "I got Cupid."
(Oliver fights with Cupid.)
Carrie: "I'd say enjoy the afterlife, but we both know that's just eternal nothingness. I was in love with the Arrow, but you're not him, although I do like the sleeveless."
(Oliver defeats Cupid.)
Oliver: "Got her."
(Cupid gets away.)
Felicity (over comms): "Guess you didn't have her."

416 (Broken Hearts) – After failing to capture Cupid, Diggle and Thea confront Oliver about the tension with Felicity: 
Thea: "Really brings a whole new meaning to crazy ex-girlfriends. And you didn't even get to enjoy the fun parts. Sorry."
Diggle: "Well, Cutter really fell for Floyd Lawton last year."
Felicity: "Lucky guy."
Diggle: "She was heartbroken when he was blown up."
Oliver: "No, Thea's right, though. Cutter is... pathological. I mean, targeting happy couples? Come on."
Felicity: "Well, it makes sense if you look at it from her perspective. Love betrayed her. And now she wants to go to war against it."
Thea: "And - and that's making sense?"
Felicity: "Makes sense to her."
Oliver: "Okay... she's not just targeting regular couples."
Thea: "She's targeting celebrity couples."
Felicity: "Probably to bring attention to her anti-love crusade."
Diggle: "Lance is getting the word out. He assigned a protective detail."
Felicity: "I'm gonna run forensics on this."
Oliver: "We're gonna hit the streets, see if we can get a line on Cutter."
(Oliver leaves with Diggle and Thea.)
Diggle: "Okay. You want to talk about the other obvious problem?"
Thea: "Yeah, the, uh, elephant in the room."
Oliver: "Felicity and I are fine."
Diggle (scoffing): "Yeah, well, if you were listening to her little asides, you would know that was not true."
Oliver: "John... you were the one who told me to give her time."
Thea: "Okay. Do you want to get back together with her?"
Oliver: "I do."
Thea: "Then tell her that."
Diggle: "Even if you fall on your face, Oliver, she needs to know where you stand."
Thea: "She needs to know that you are willing to say the words."
Oliver: "I am willing to say the words."
Diggle: "That's good. So what's stopping you?"

416 (Broken Hearts) – Team Arrow comes up with the plan to have Oliver and Felicity get married to provide bait for Cupid:
Thea (seeing Felicity cutting up a piece of clothing): "Felicity Scissorhands."
Felicity: "Ha-ha."
Oliver: "Struck out trying to find a line on Cutter."
Diggle: "What's this?"
Felicity: "I couldn't exactly fit the entire sleeve into the gas chromatograph. (Device beeps) Speak of the devil. The sleeve contains fibers from at least 60 different types of white silk lace."
Thea: "White lace, like in wedding dresses?"
Felicity: "That would be ironic. And also traces of acid-free polypropylene."
Oliver: "What do they use that for?"
Felicity: "Long-term storage of fabrics."
Oliver: "Well, maybe Cutter's holed up in a spot where they store wedding dresses."
Felicity: "Colao Wedding Dress Services is the only long-term storage facility in the City that uses polypropylene. 28th and Hamilton."
Oliver: "That's two blocks from where she posed the first two victims."
Felicity (over comms): "The only movement I'm tracking in that building is you guys."
Oliver: "Stay alert."
(Diggle finds Cupid's shrine to celebrity couples.)
Diggle: "Got something."
Oliver: "She does love her shrines, doesn't she?"
Diggle: "Now we know how she's picking her targets."
Thea: "The first two couples, they both recently got married."
Oliver: "Carter abducted the second couple after their wedding."
Thea: "Yeah. But Blaine and Shannon - 'Blannon' - they had a secret wedding 48 hours before they were killed."
Diggle: "Now we have to figure out what celebrity couple in the City's getting married next."
Thea: "I think I found one we can rule out."
Felicity: "So by calling off the engagement, we took ourselves out of Cupid's crosshairs. I knew there had to be at least one silver lining."
Thea: "Well, she keeps on targeting high-profile weddings. So we just got to stake out whatever the next one is."
Diggle: "It's a big risk to run with an innocent couple."
Oliver: "We're not gonna take that risk with an innocent couple. (To Felicity) Hey. We need to get married."
Felicity: "How romantic."
Oliver: "It's - Felicity -"
Felicity: "This is the worst idea you've ever had."
Diggle: "Actually, it's not the worst."
Felicity: "Et tu, John?"
Diggle: "We lost our lead on Cutter, Felicity, and this might draw her out."
Felicity: "Oh, so she can kill me. Pass. No, thank you."
Thea: "Okay. No. John and I will have your back."
Felicity: "Oh, I guess it's too bad I already sent out all those un-invitations."
Thea: "Clearly not if you guys spent any time on the gossip sites. Okay, look, these bloggers love nothing more than a private secret wedding. I leak the news saying you guys wanted to keep it under radar. Uh... it becomes the top story on their website. It's catnip for Cupid."
Diggle: "Okay, look, we have to do this quickly, okay, so Cupid doesn't change her MO and start killing more innocent couples. Can we do this tomorrow?"
Oliver: "Tomorrow will work. The venue still has our deposit. They'll be able to move up the date."
Felicity: "I thought you said you were gonna cancel that."
Oliver: "I did say that I was gonna cancel, and I am gonna cancel, but I haven't canceled... yet because when I picked up... when I pick up the phone to do that, it means it's over."
Felicity: "It is over."

416 (Broken Hearts) – Oliver and Felicity say their vows at their fake wedding to entrap Cupid:
Oliver (over comms): "In position."
Thea (over comms): "In position. There's no psychopaths here other than paparazzi."
Diggle (over comms): "Tapped into security cameras. All clear." 
(Felicity enters in her wedding dress, and Oliver just stares at her.)
Felicity: "Everything okay?"
Oliver: "Yes. Yeah. You look perfect." 
Officiant: "I'd like to assure you, I won't breathe a word of what goes on here to the press. Just thrilled to be part of your day." 
Felicity: "Can we get this over with? (Chuckles weakly) Can't wait to be married to this guy."
Officiant: "In that case, I know you've written your own vows. Felicity -"
Felicity: "The vows."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Okay, um... Oliver, you have many qualities - many astonishing qualities, and I for one cannot wait to move on to the next chapter."
Officiant:  "All right. Uh, Oliver?" 
Oliver: "Felicity, before I met you, I had a plan. I had a way that I was going to be. But then you walked into my life – or I showed up at your cubicle, and you changed everything. I was in the darkness, but with your kindness, your generosity, your compassion, your intelligence, your wit and your trust, you brought me into the light. You let me know that I deserved it. You were that light. And I don't know if I still deserve that trust, if I deserve you - I probably don't.  But whatever has happened, whatever will happen, the way that you make me feel is the best part of my life. (Takes out ring and puts it on her finger) You can ask me to say that I don't love you, but I will never lie to you again. You are my always, and I just want the chance to be yours." 
Felicity: "Oliver."
(Red arrows strikes ground at their feet.)
Carrie: "Hello, lovers."
Oliver (to Officiant): "Run. (Over comms) We have eyes on?"
Diggle (over comms): "Copy that. I'm here."
Thea (over comms): "Yeah, we got that. Hold tight."
Carrie: "Your little speech, it was only off by a little. You see, she isn't the best thing in your life. Because that means you love her. And love means you're soft. And soft means death. Here. Let me show you. (Shoots arrow into Oliver, and he falls) Oh. Sorry. I didn't check your gift registry. Was an explosion that would bring down this whole building on your list?”
C58ejv7WcAAAa6T.jpg

C58fB6QWUAAKddA.jpg

416 (Broken Hearts) – Cupid attacks Oliver and Felicity at their fake wedding and is captured:
Carrie: “Your engagement, that horrible shooting, your miracle recovery - it was all just a fairy tale. Camelot in Star City."
Felicity: "Thank you."
Carrie: "But once Camelot dies, everyone will know my truth - that love is a bullet to the brain."
Oliver (getting up): "No. No, it's not. Kevlar under the tux. My bodyguard insisted."
Carrie: "What was his plan for C4?"
Diggle (over comms): "That's a damn good question."
Oliver: "You know, you don't have to do this."
Carrie: "I do. (Chuckles) The two words that start every marriage: 'I do.'  True love. People need to see it. They need to know what a joke that is."
Felicity: "It's not."
Carrie: "I have loved two men in my life with all my soul. They're both dead now. No matter what, love always ends in death. That's why it's in the vows. I'm just cutting out the middleman. Love is death."
Felicity: "It's not. You saw all those people outside, right? They're out there because love is real. Because love is life itself and, if I die tonight, it'll be okay. Because I was one of those people lucky enough to have experienced it.  From the moment he walked into my life, everything changed.  I became a person that I didn't even know I was capable of becoming. I became the very best version of myself. That would have never been possible without our love. Our love gives my life meaning, gives my life purpose... (Looks at Oliver) and it brings us more joy than you could ever take away from us. And it's worth living for.  All of it." 
Carrie: "You really know how to make a girl believe in love again."
(Diggle and Thea attack Cupid, and Oliver shoots her with a tranq.)
Oliver (to Felicity): "You all right?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
(Police take Cupid away in handcuffs.)
Carrie (to Oliver and Felicity): "Thanks for giving the rest of us hope."
Oliver: "You okay?"
Felicity: "Uh, yeah."
Oliver: "About what you said in there to Cutter, maybe we could meet up and talk about it tonight or -"
Felicity: "No, not tonight. I think we're both exhausted from whatever that was."
Oliver: "Tomorrow."
Thea (coming up): "Hey, guys, Laurel just texted. I guess Judge Sakow is holding court late. And she's making her decision."
Felicity: "Well, I should probably change. This outfit is a bit of a focus puller." (Leaves)
Diggle: "Not for nothing, Oliver, but I heard what, uh, Felicity said in there."
Oliver: "Nobody likes an 'I told you so,' John."
Diggle: "I'm just saying, she needs some time."
OlicityNewsHeadline_416.jpg.1949c57c5c6a31a189d53ec8640e90a3.jpg

416 (Broken Hearts) – Oliver and Felicity have a heart-to-heart talk, and Felicity quits Team Arrow:
Reporter (on TV): “We have the results of the high-profile preliminary hearing against purported Markovian citizen, Kenneth Bender -"
Felicity: "Hi."
Oliver: "Hi."
Reporter (on TV): “Also known as Damien Darhk. Darhk had previously been implicated -"
Felicity: "I thought you'd be asleep by now."
Oliver: "Oh, I can't sleep. What are you doing here?"
Felicity: "I just came to pick up a few things. You know."
Reporter (on TV): "In other news, Star City's favorite couple, Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak, had an unexpected crasher -" 
Oliver: "That's not exactly how I pictured our wedding day."
Felicity: "I don't know. Being kidnapped by psychotic criminals has sort of been the theme of our relationship."
Reporter (on TV): "At the private ceremony at the Hochman Hotel. Armed with explo -" (Oliver shuts video off)
Oliver: "Um, I want you to know that... what I said today during the ceremony - well, I meant every single word of it."
Felicity: "I love you. With everything in me. But what I said doesn't apply to us. I can't be with you. I can't marry you."
Oliver: "Yes, you can. Yes, you can, because that's what both of us want. You know, things can be different. I could be different. And I am promising you, I'm swearing to you, there will be no more lies."
Felicity: "You know, no matter how much you love me, there's always gonna be a part of you that defaults to the man who was on the island... alone, who came back to save the city... alone. And sooner than we both think, you're going to be stuck in a situation where you have to make a decision that requires you to hide things from me... again."
Oliver: "See, you can't know that."
Felicity: "I do know that, and you know that. That's this life. I'm sorry. You know, five months ago, I convinced you that we could have it all, we could come here to this job and have each other. I was wrong. And then I thought that we could just go back to the way things were before we left for Ivy Town. But, God, that was as crazy as Cupid is."
Oliver: "So what does that mean?"
Felicity: "It means that it is, um, too hard to be here with you every night and not be with you. That's not fair to either of us. You told me how you worked some tech magic to return all the money that Adam Hunt swindled out of people. You... you don't need me. You'll be fine. You don't give up. You know, that's what makes you a hero. But there's no fixing this. We have to let each other go. (Hands him the ring) I want you to keep it for good this time, please."
Oliver: "I don't want to let you go."
Felicity: "I don't want to let you go. But I'm already gone."

Edited by tv echo