Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Broken Hearts

• Start Topic

Blannon ain't shit :p

*sigh* now I sort of wish Deadshot was still alive to see his and Cupid's interactions D: Cupidshot is the ultimate OTP.

How dare you! It's war. I will see you at the polls.

Would have been hilarious if Deadshot showed up and broke Cupid out of cuffs.

"Seriously?! I was gone for a week."

"Oops."

• Love 4

How dare you! It's war. I will see you at the polls.

Would have been hilarious if Deadshot showed up and broke Cupid out of cuffs.

"Seriously?! I was gone for a week."

"Oops."

I can't believe MY OWN BOARD BUDDY would stab me in the back and declare war on me... You rode shot-gun on the whole "Laurel is dead" train with me... I feel so betrayed. 

Ohhh I made a mistake, their ship name is Flutter. How adorable :')

My headcanon is Deadshot got moved to Iron Heights which is where Cupid is going to... Imagine them locking eyes across the prison cafeteria :')

We are complex.. At least we agree on the important matters. :-)

Cupid would turn the cafeteria into a stage. A musical of the captive heart.

After that moment, Cupid latches onto Deadshot... She dotes on him, and sometimes it annoys him, sometimes he finds it endearing.

But at one point, Cupid will catch Deadshot on a bad day and he blows up at Cupid and tells her to stay away from him, Cupid will have her heart wrenching solo, Arrow's version of Hopelessly Devoted To You :(

After that moment, Cupid latches onto Deadshot... She dotes on him, and sometimes it annoys him, sometimes he finds it endearing.

But at one point, Cupid will catch Deadshot on a bad day and he blows up at Cupid and tells her to stay away from him, Cupid will have her heart wrenching solo, Arrow's version of Hopelessly Devoted To You :(

"Insanely devoted to you"?

Ohhh I made a mistake, their ship name is Flutter. How adorable :')

I have to admit, it took me a good couple minutes before I could figure it out. Forgot Lawton's first name was Floyd. It *is* quite adorable.

Blannon is a terrible 'ship name. I'm forever grateful that "Olicity" sounds so pretty. (I was going to say it has such a nice ring to it, but maybe now is not the best time to mention rings in a conversation about Olicity :P)

• Love 3

Counterpoint: Cupid stupid. I could have done without the character existing, frankly.

As such, I did not love this episode. I thought having Cupid and the fake wedding right after the breakup was contrived and clunky. Obviously the actors sold it because they're amazing and I did love the Felicity did not crack but stood her ground (literally since she can now walk). But I'm hoping we can move past this soap opera and get back to the show soon. YMMV.

I'm with you. The Cupid episodes have started to anger me just as much as the bestiality episodes used to on Supernatural (I ranted a lot about them on TWOP - nowadays I don't watch Supernatural anymore, so I have no fucks left to give) - one of the main problems they have is TONE.

Basically, the moment Carrie Cutter turns up, the episode becomes a cartoon. And that's so incongruent with the fact that people died in this episode. Every time I try to giggle at the Thea stuff, or laugh over Carrie's issues, I'm stopped by that. People died. If it hadn't been for Carrie Cutter ACTING, the cold open could have been in a Criminal Minds episode. She kidnapped, tortured, and murdered two people, and every time she quips, every time Thea is all fangirling the celebrities, I just wanna go, you're not gonna jokey rhyme your way out of this one, show.*

I love the fact that they're not going to put another couple at risk, but the Justice of the Peace? She's fair game.

Laurel Lance has officially won Worst Lawyer Ever award, taking the title from Matt Murdock in a pinch - I love (you know I mean 'hate', right) the way she's grinning when the judge makes her decision. Dear Laurel, you won by the equivalent of getting your dad to do your homework for you. Just, stop it. I can't go into all the ways she messed up, but let's choose one, shall we?

Diggle's testimony - the moment they came out with that "but the drug dealer signed an affidavit" or whatever, Laurel should have jumped up, brought up Diggle's war record, maybe a couple of pictures of him in uniform, and finished with: "Are we going to take the word of a drug dealer with a record, over that of a decorated war hero? BOOM! Laurel drops the mic." That last bit would have been in her head, of course.

But Laurel doesn't do that, because she's the worst tv lawyer of all time. I'm done with her. Come at me bros.

I won't even go into the Olicity stuff, because I'm tired of it. Not of Olicity, let me stress - just all the baggage. All the dumb shit, all the Oliver making the same mistake over and over again - he's starting to remind me of Sideshow Bob stepping on all the rakes.

ETA - I know that MG has responded to complaints (or I read that people said he responded to complaints) about the onscreen lawyering by going on the comic book show angle, that this isn't Law and Order, bla bla bla. But you can't make a show like that anymore - I don't know if you ever could (I saved a quote about that somewhere - and it involves novels written in Victorian times).

See, if you're watching a show about someone who dresses up in green leather and shoots arrows at people, you're gonna accept anything that involves, because you (I mean me) have no direct experience or knowledge of dressing up in green leather and shooting arrows at people. But if you're going to put that character in a realistic backdrop, then you can't function on cartoon/comic book rules anymore. Even if most of us don't have direct experience of a courtroom, for example, we still have knowledge of about 20 years of fairly realistic courtroom drama. And yes, in this courtroom drama, I've seen many examples of witnesses being discredited - except no lawyer, no matter how inept, has allowed their war hero witness to be discredited in favour of a drug dealer.

The same goes for medical stuff - but I'll save that for the next example of using a defibrillator on a flatline, to, ahem, restart the patient's heart (insert "That's not how that works!" pic here).

*I can't believe I'm quoting Willow, show. How could you do this do me? Not even Vamp Willow, either.

Edited by arjumand
  • Love 16

ITA that Cupid is a cartoon character in a show that thinks itself grimdark realistic, but for me that's not a problem on itself -- it's that Arrow half-asses a cartoon character, by pretending she isn't one.

This show desperately need to disrupt tone and themes every so often. It's so completely boxed into a very square way to tell its story, that it misses the opportunity to *do more*. I mean, it's the fourth season, they've done 80+ episodes -- the default tone of the show has been established -- it's time to break the mold when you have a character like this. Change the tone and make it pastiche, turn up the meta and treat *every character* as if they're a cartoon.

SPN is an apt example when they do their ~funny episodes. They're self-aware of its inherent angst, so they turn it upside down in a self-deprecating way. It's okay for a story to find itself ridiculous occasionally, to not take its world seriously for an episode or two in a 23 episode season, but Arrow never ever does it on purpose. It's always ridiculous by accident. I find it a shame, really.

• Love 14

Yeah. I have to agree with the defense using the drug dealer as a witness was beyond ridiculous. Because you know, if the coke dealer said it obviously this war veteran is full of crap.

• Love 9

The only problem is...Digg really did help Thea buy a bunch of drugs. You could still destroy the dealer's credibility, of course, but unless Digg's okay lying on the stand, it's still a problem.

Most of this would have been solved if Laurel had just CHARGED THE RIGHT CRIME.

Oh, oh, here's another thing: it makes NO SENSE that they'd just drop the plan of having Felicity testify simply bc she and Oliver are no longer engaged. So what, bc she's not engaged anymore she's no longer a credible witness? She's a freaking CEO of a multibillion dollar company! SO DUMB.

(As an aside, the real reason Felicity couldn't testify is bc her knowledge of an uncharged separate crime has NO RELEVANCE to this crime, of which, officially, she has NO KNOWLEDGE. I still don't even get the official reason Digg testified at all, or Thea, Oliver, and Felicity were even there. Publicly the kid's kidnapping has ZERO to do with them. Except I guess that they've had some degree of prior public dealings with DD? Would that be reason enough for them to attend and testify at his preliminary hearing for a crime that, as far as everyone knows, has absolutely nothing to do with them?)

To reiterate: Laurel is the WORST ATTORNEY IN THE WORLD.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

The only problem is...Digg really did help Thea buy a bunch of drugs. You could still destroy the dealer's credibility, of course, but unless Digg's okay lying on the stand, it's still a problem.

Most of this would have been solved if Laurel had just CHARGED THE RIGHT CRIME.

Oh, oh, here's another thing: it makes NO SENSE that they'd just drop the plan of having Felicity testify simply bc she and Oliver are no longer engaged. So what, bc she's not engaged anymore she's no longer a credible witness? She's a freaking CEO of a multibillion dollar company! SO DUMB.

(As an aside, the real reason Felicity couldn't testify is bc her knowledge of an uncharged separate crime has NO RELEVANCE to this crime, of which, officially, she has NO KNOWLEDGE. I still don't even get the official reason Digg testified at all, or Thea, Oliver, and Felicity were even there. Publicly the kid's kidnapping has ZERO to do with them. Except I guess that they've had some degree of prior public dealings with DD? Would that be reason enough for them to attend and testify at his preliminary hearing for a crime that, as far as everyone knows, has absolutely nothing to do with them?)

To reiterate: Laurel is the WORST ATTORNEY IN THE WORLD.

It was all just PLOT PLOT CONTRIVANCE - the end result being Lance takes the stand, making everything hinge on Lance's testimony, so that, and I'm speculating here, but they're practically raising neon signs in their heavy plotting, Darhk will ask Malcolm Merlyn for a favour, MM kills Lance, case falls apart. Or not, I guess. It seems like the most obvious result, and they just love going for the obvious.

But yes, Laurel is really the worst lawyer. I just don't get it - why make her a lawyer at all, if they're going to write her as being so incompetent? Oh, I forgot - plot trumps character every time.

I just realized - I didn't mention the flashbacks at all. Tries to remember what happened in flashbacks . . . only remembers that day's Candy Crush level

• Love 2

It was all just PLOT PLOT CONTRIVANCE - the end result being Lance takes the stand, making everything hinge on Lance's testimony, so that, and I'm speculating here, but they're practically raising neon signs in their heavy plotting, Darhk will ask Malcolm Merlyn for a favour, MM kills Lance, case falls apart. Or not, I guess. It seems like the most obvious result, and they just love going for the obvious.

But yes, Laurel is really the worst lawyer. I just don't get it - why make her a lawyer at all, if they're going to write her as being so incompetent? Oh, I forgot - plot trumps character every time.

I just realized - I didn't mention the flashbacks at all. Tries to remember what happened in flashbacks . . . only remembers that day's Candy Crush level

I know, but as an attorney, though not a criminal attorney, it hurts me, in my soul.

Hey, I actually sort of know what happened in the flashbacks, and it sort of connected with present-day! That crazy dude with the bugged-out eyes took everybody on a low-budget Raiders of the Lost Ark opening sequence to get a totem that looks like a head/face. I THINK it's the same totem that DD used and that Vixen destroyed. Bug-eyes shot a slave and then the glowy words on the arm thing happened to him. He ordered his goons to kill all the remaining slaves (oh, and he had a short backstory narrative about being from a small village in Africa that got massacred and IDGAF), the implication being that whenever someone was murdered in the vicinity of the head totem he got power out of it. At some point Oliver and Poppy got the totem, and some guns, and Poppy hit a goon on the head with the totem...and then maybe something else happened at the very end of the episode after Felicity's final walkout, but I can't remember that part.

• Love 2

Now, it certainly would not be cool for the writers to have them break up in a previous episode just to have them make up in this one, yet having Felicity walk away again, given there is no new or deeply profound reasoning for doing so is becoming tiresome at best and predictable at worst.

Except I think there was a fairly profound reason.   When Felicity broke up with Oliver in the previous episode she wanted to believe that things could just go back to the way they were before.   That she could continue to work with Oliver as part of team Arrow as nothing more than collegues/friends.  Sure things might be a little awkward at first, but she would just deal with it and it would simply pass.

But then came the fake wedding.   On it's own just the act of going through the process of the fake wedding was probably emotionally hard enough on her...having to pretend that everything was wonderful smiling and nodding in front of the minister.  But then Oliver had to go and make things 100x worse by telling the minister that they prepared their own vows.   Felicity is caught completely off-guard.  Oliver did not tell her about this before because he knew she would likely not have agreed to it as professing something this deeply personal was certainly not needed to trap Cupid.   No this was Oliver's attempt to essentially manipulate Felicity's emotions by professing his feelings in a situation where inside she was probably already an emotional wreck while on the outside she trapped in a situation where she could only smile and nod as he professed his love or risk blowing their ruse.  And really I think she did seem to get swept up in the whole thing.  When Oliver put the ring on her finger the way she said his name as she looked into his eye I actually lean towards thinking had Cupid waited a few moments longer to attack she may have actually married him and not just to continue the ruse.

Felicity's emotional fall out/disillusionment/disappointment as you describe and subsequent decision to leave, is a direct correlation to Oliver's 'big lie'. It was the catalyst for her initial and ensuing pain. By profound or new I meant that there was no other lie or secret revealed. No other discovery of a covert plan or furtive arrangement uncovered that was new information and added to the already fragile situation..like say...she found out, in addition to the William debacle, he secretly decided to resurrect the League of Assassins. My statement spoke to that.

(As an aside, the real reason Felicity couldn't testify is bc her knowledge of an uncharged separate crime has NO RELEVANCE to this crime, of which, officially, she has NO KNOWLEDGE. I still don't even get the official reason Digg testified at all, or Thea, Oliver, and Felicity were even there.

Yeah, this was just weird.  Laurel's bemoaning lack of evidence in the case, despite the fact they should at least have a statement from William (we saw him at the station), so her next step is to bring in someone to testify that, "oh yeah, he kidnapped me, too".  What now?  I'm not a lawyer, never played one on tv and haven't even watched all the seasons of "Law and Order" but even I know that it has nothing to do with the case at hand.  But what I want to know is, why wasn't there an arrest warrant out for Damien for the murders/kidnapping at the holiday party in the first place?  I thought that's why he seemed to go underground and his wife was using a fake name to run for mayor.  I refuse to accept that the police arrived on the scene and every single person refused to make a statement.  Donna, Curtis, Paul, Alex were all there.  There had to be surveillance.  People with camera phones.  Are the families of the security personnel who died just supposed to go, "Oh well"? What happened when Thea, Felicity and Diggle were rescued?  Did the police not follow up and get statements from the three of them?  I get that they all have secret vigilante lives, but they were very publicly kidnapped.  I don't need "Law and Order" per MG's comments above, but some kind of logic would be fabulous.  If he's going to bring up old details, it should be in a way that makes a modicum of sense.  And wow, I didn't realize this all bugged me so much until I started writing.

In other news, did anything happen in the flashbacks that I'll need to know or can I continue to completely ignore them?

• Love 9

I expected the legal stuff to be rubbish, but I'm honestly surprised they didn't make Laurel more competent.

I can understand them boxing Laurel into a corner in order to get Lance on they stand. That was set-up, but it would have played a lot better if Laurel had her ducks in a row and the reason it was falling apart was because DD was tainting it.

• Love 5

I can understand them boxing Laurel into a corner in order to get Lance on they stand. That was set-up, but it would have played a lot better if Laurel had her ducks in a row and the reason it was falling apart was because DD was tainting it.

I can't think of any reason why they didn't just have her prosecute for the kidnapping from the beginning, instead of making her look like such an idiot by having someone who wasn't even a lawyer giving her an idea she should've had herself. 

• Love 6

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think she didn't oppose the claims of the drug dealer otherwise they'd dig up and found out about them being vigilantes? I don't know, that part I zoned out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think she didn't oppose the claims of the drug dealer otherwise they'd dig up and found out about them being vigilantes? I don't know, that part I zoned out.

Well, you can make a drug dealer look bad just bc he's a drug dealer. And she could bring up Digg being a war hero without bringing up Digg being a vigilante. Plus even though she told the judge there was plenty of evidence for the trial, there was somehow nowhere near enough evidence for a prelim hearing...in which the burden is much lower. So I have nothing for this easy standard, but I totes have good stuff for the later, much harder standard? What now?

Laurel's the worst lawyer in the world

In other news, did anything happen in the flashbacks that I'll need to know or can I continue to completely ignore them?

Scroll up a few posts. I summarized. Some stuff happened, and it actually (I think) related to present-day!

• Love 1

I want to know what kind of idiot drug dealer admits to selling drugs for the defense, and in a case that has nothing to do with him?  If it was for the prosecution, I could understand because he could arrange for immunity and whatever, but all a defense attorney's going to be able to do is give him free legal counsel for the drug charge he signed an affidavit for.  Am I missing something obvious or was that incredibly stupid writing?

Thanks, AyChihuahua, I saw your post after I posted.  Appreciate it. 

• Love 9

Whoever said upthread that whenever they see Cupid they see who could've been the BC/Laurel Lance:

Me too!!

That's all I can see! I actually love crazy Cupid and think she could've been a great Laurel.

...with better writing.

• Love 1

Well, you can make a drug dealer look bad just bc he's a drug dealer. And she could bring up Digg being a war hero without bringing up Digg being a vigilante. Plus even though she told the judge there was plenty of evidence for the trial, there was somehow nowhere near enough evidence for a prelim hearing...in which the burden is much lower. So I have nothing for this easy standard, but I totes have good stuff for the later, much harder standard? What now?

Laurel's the worst lawyer in the world

I don't disagree, haha. I was just checking if that was the answer the show gave as to why she didn't go further with Dig. I don't know if what we were supposed to take away from that is that DD knows they are the vigilantes? How the hell would he know about that time with the drugs?

As an aside, a statement from the spawn wouldn't be enough, either:

(1) it would be in crayon and full of misspellings.

(2) he thought DD was his mommy's friend. He had no clue he'd been kidnapped.

(3) MM was the one who took him, and MM's believed to be dead. As soon as the kid testifies this other dude took him, even if he doesn't state the other dude's name, it all falls apart.

(4) DD's spin on being there when the kid was found was that he was kidnapped too, which is actually a pretty decent cover story, considering there's no one to testify otherwise. The kid's statement would say DD was there and he let him color and play dollies with another kid.

(5) spawn would have to be truly unavailable, not just absent, for his statement to be admitted. Most likely the judge would order the prosecutor to present the kid, and failure to do so would cause his statement to be excluded, which would still cause the whole thing to be dropped, bc without a victim it's mighty tough to prove a crime. (When they try people for murder without a body there's typically tons of forensic evidence and confessions and video and such.)

• Love 2

Sure, poke holes in my attempt at trying to find some logic in this terrible storyline, why don't ya? :P  I confess I don't remember much of the conclusion of the kidnapping because I soooo didn't care by then, I just figured this man keeping the kid from his mother (per what should have been on Samantha's statement, I forgot about her) would be enough not to get the case thrown out (I wasn't sure the victim would need to be present for the arraignment yet or not, if so, then yeah, they're out of luck and why are they bothering in the first place? - and they didn't even mention the lack of availability of Samantha or William, did they?)  Which is why I say go for the holiday party murder/kidnapping, Laurel (I know, she "tried" but the writing on her lack of witnesses was just as lame as everything else they wrote that had to do with the law).

Edited by JenMD

Sure, poke holes in my attempt at trying to find some logic in this terrible storyline, why don't ya? :P  I confess I don't remember much of the conclusion of the kidnapping because I soooo didn't care by then, I just figured this man keeping the kid from his mother (per what should have been on Samantha's statement, I forgot about her) would be enough not to get the case thrown out (I wasn't sure the victim would need to be present for the arraignment yet or not, if so, then yeah, they're out of luck and why are they bothering in the first place? - and they didn't even mention the lack of availability of Samantha or William, did they?)  Which is why I say go for the holiday party murder/kidnapping, Laurel (I know, she "tried" but the writing on her lack of witnesses was just as lame as everything else they wrote that had to do with the law).

This was a preliminary hearing, which is more than an arraignment. A prelim hearing is where you at least show you've got enough to take it to trial.

To be fair, most of the audience wouldn't know any of these specifics. But I really do think that enough of the audience grew up on Law & Order and such to get that it was batshit crazy and dumb, if not specifically why it was batshit crazy/dumb.

• Love 3

DD rented out the Fairmont after his house was destroyed for his wife and child.  I know this isn't England with cameras on many corners but is there no footage of him with Ruve Adams, currently running for mayor?

I love the fact that they're not going to put another couple at risk, but the Justice of the Peace? She's fair game.

She really should have been an ARGUS plant.  Lyla/ARGUS owes them for letting Carrie Cutter loose.

Felicity's emotional fall out/disillusionment/disappointment as you describe and subsequent decision to leave, is a direct correlation to Oliver's 'big lie'. It was the catalyst for her initial and ensuing pain. By profound or new I meant that there was no other lie or secret revealed. No other discovery of a covert plan or furtive arrangement uncovered that was new information and added to the already fragile situation..like say...she found out, in addition to the William debacle, he secretly decided to resurrect the League of Assassins.

What she found out was that she and Oliver couldn't work together on Team Arrow because Oliver couldn't let it be.  The first chance he got, he manipulated her not only into a fake marriage, but sideswiped her by writing his own vows to her about how much she meant to him.  After that, she realized they couldn't just work together on the Team.

Before the episode aired, I was thinking that it would be Felicity suggesting they take part in a fake wedding because it would show how strong she was to get beyond the broken engagement. But now that I've seen the episode, I'm glad it was Oliver who suggested it and then manipulated her around it because it shows clearly why she couldn't just stay on the Team, she had to walk away completely.

• Love 4

ITA that Cupid is a cartoon character in a show that thinks itself grimdark realistic, but for me that's not a problem on itself -- it's that Arrow half-asses a cartoon character, by pretending she isn't one.

Nailed it. It's not just that she's a stupid cartoon (and an offensive misogynistic one but I won't open that can of worms any further) it's that nobody intertextually TREATS her like a cartoon. I mean, this batshit woman is running around with heart arrows monologuing about LOVE as though it's an outfit you choose to put on in the morning and people treat her like she's a threat. I had thankfully blocked out my memory of the character existing. And now the damn show has reminded me with another really stupid episode about her.

On to the worst court case in a TV show since Moira Queen... the one thing that confused me was that I couldn't work out what they'd even charged him with. What were they trying to prove? Because it seemed like they were trying to prove that he was Damien Dhark and, unless Star City has new legislation that is really specific, being Damien Dhark isn't a crime in and of itself. I thought he was on trial for kidnapping. He can be convicted of that without being Damien Dhark if they had evidence of his involvement.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 3

Hopefully this was a Waller decision and not a Lyla Michaels decision. 

IIRC, it was. I thought I remembered Dig saying something to the effect of "Lyla and I just found out that Waller was serious about letting the Suicide Squad working towards their pardons" or somesuch. 

What I'd like to know is just exactly how far away did they decide to station Spartan and Speedy (their backup?) because it took them like ten minutes to get to the chapel to try and help stop Cupid (and even then they were pretty useless). 

Oh, and as much as I'd like to see them use Laurel and her legal skills, I'd rather they continue not to do so if they are going to do such a bad job with the courtroom drama. Kthx.

• Love 2

My headcanon is Deadshot got moved to Iron Heights which is where Cupid is going to... Imagine them locking eyes across the prison cafeteria :')

I think he faked his death to get away from the psycho.

Or, it being Floyd, maybe he willingly went to his own death just to get away from her. Either or.

Also, anyone know what all that was about with Darkh and the wedding ring at the end? Was that his, was it something besides a wedding ring? Yet to be revealed? 

• Love 2

Also, anyone know what all that was about with Darkh and the wedding ring at the end? Was that his, was it something besides a wedding ring? Yet to be revealed?

It hasn't been revealed although my assumption is that it might have the ability to restore some of Darhk's magical powers. I can't think of any other reason why they would highlight it as a the big climax.

• Love 1

It hasn't been revealed although my assumption is that it might have the ability to restore some of Darhk's magical powers. I can't think of any other reason why they would highlight it as a the big climax.

It's stupid because I think the show should've brought the ring up and its importance before so we could all have the "OH CRAP" moment... Instead we were all left wondering wtf that was...

• Love 1

What, you're telling me it's not the one ring to rule them all?

Why does a Captain surrenders his badge and sidearm to a Lieutenant?

For that matter, wasn't that guy Lance's superior in S1?
  • Love 3

ow, that's eiher a really decent guy or one who is planning out a long term revenge on Lance. Becaus while he apparently does stuff by the book, Lance, who not that long ago was SCPD's Fox Mulder, shoots up ahead of him. And there seemed to be no resentment in this episode. Fishy.

• Love 1

What do you know?  Two episodes in a row that end with Felicity making a big dramatic exit.

Don't let the door smack you in the ass, F.   Go find an accountant to marry.    Someone you can micromanage.

I really do wonder... When did felicity ever micro manage oliver? or show an affinity towards it? Some of these insults are really becoming creative! lmao

Never. Felicity has demonstrated time and again that she loves Oliver for being Oliver. She's been understanding and accepting of many of his personal quirks - such as needing to hit something instead of standing beside her in a time of crisis. The only thing she won't accept is being treated as less than a partner in their relationship. Which is pretty valid. Marriage is a partnership and Oliver doesn't let her in when he's making big decisions that affect his life and hers. Realising the person you love has something in their personality that you're never going to be able to accept and walking away from the relationship is the mature decision. The alternative is being made perpetually miserable by something the other person can not help. So until Oliver can prove that this something he can change, she's 110% doing the right thing.

• Love 22

What do you know? Two episodes in a row that end with Felicity making a big dramatic exit.

Don't let the door smack you in the ass, F. Go find an accountant to marry. Someone you can micromanage.

Or she can be like Laurel and go F. The best friend of her BF. I hope she didn't fall off that bed too hard! Edited by EmilyBettFan

Never. Felicity has demonstrated time and again that she loves Oliver for being Oliver. She's been understanding and accepting of many of his personal quirks - such as needing to hit something instead of standing beside her in a time of crisis. The only thing she won't accept is being treated as less than a partner in their relationship. Which is pretty valid. Marriage is a partnership and Oliver doesn't let her in when he's making big decisions that affect his life and hers. Realising the person you love has something in their personality that you're never going to be able to accept and walking away from the relationship is the mature decision. The alternative is being made perpetually miserable by something the other person can not help. So until Oliver can prove that this something he can change, she's 110% doing the right thing.

I seriously can't. What show are these people watching that they think Felicity "micromanaged" Oliver? I have to laugh at that.