Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E06: Play Or Go Home

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

That's why it was a mistake of Tai to vote out Anna. At least in the beauty tribe had a secure 4th place that could change and become better along the road while now he has to beg to become a member of a new alliance. Plus a good player should be able to get this information before they make such a game changing move.

I think you are seriously underestimating Tai's social skills.

• Love 6

I think Tai is a great guy and obviously people (meaning the players) love him, but he's a pretty terrible player. But I imagine he'll make it pretty far because people like him so much and I feel like he is a potential immunity run threat depending on the types of challenges. I can't see him winning though because, well, everyone loves him and therefore no one will want to be in the finals with him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I think Tai is a great guy and obviously people (meaning the players) love him, but he's a pretty terrible player. But I imagine he'll make it pretty far because people like him so much and I feel like he is a potential immunity run threat depending on the types of challenges. I can't see him winning though because, well, everyone loves him and therefore no one will want to be in the finals with him.

Yeah, I don't see him winning either, but I just enjoy him so much and hope he sticks around a good long while. (I really don't think his entire Survivor life depended on him sticking with a non-existant 'alliance', though.)  Who knows, maybe his social instincts and likability will take him further than conventional wisdom re good gameplay.

• Love 3

We don't know this yet.  We've never once seen a player mention Tai's likability as a negative, a threat, or anything detrimental to their game.  They've only mentioned his likability as something that is good for THEM to be around.  So far I'm not seeing master strategists this season, apart from maybe Debbie.  Although, has Debbie even been to Tribal Council yet?

I really want to like Michelle, and I think I will like her personality, but I was disappointed when she threw herself under the bus after that challenge.  No need to announce you fucked up whether everyone knows it or not.  

We've seen some conventional, 'amateur' play, I think.  We've seen Aubry vote out an old ally in Peter in favour of someone whom she owes nothing and owes nothing back - Julia.  We've seen Tai admit to 2 people that he thinks he can trust that he has an Idol - WAY early in the game (though, it didn't hurt him, yet).  We've seen the Beauty girls being far too honest for their own good.  Peter, the ultimate honest person, LOL.  I guess it'd be interesting for a strategist to figure out what a threat Tai could be but we'll see.  Even in an entire season of returning players, Jeremy pulled off being an invisible threat from Day 1 to 33.  He didn't fall ass-backwards into the finals through luck.  (LOL - my opinion; not trying to drag up old debates.)

The Tai and Debbie meeting will be an interesting one... 

If Cydney is sticking with Kyle/Scot because she knows how hateful they'll appear to the jury, THAT would be master strategizing, but right now that would be too wild for me to believe....

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
violet and green, on 24 Mar 2016 - 3:27 PM, said:

I think you are seriously underestimating Tai's social skills.

If Tai's social skills are so amazing, why doesn't he have a solid alliance in the tribe he was in for 13 days or whatever it was?

Ms Blue Jay, on 24 Mar 2016 - 3:48 PM, said:

We don't know this yet.  We've never once seen a player mention Tai's likability as a negative, a threat, or anything detrimental to their game.  They've only mentioned his likability as something that is good for THEM to be around.  So far I'm not seeing master strategists this season, apart from maybe Debbie.  Although, has Debbie even been to Tribal Council yet?

If Cydney is sticking with Kyle/Scot because she knows how hateful they'll appear to the jury, THAT would be master strategizing, but right now that would be too wild for me to believe....

Debbie went to tribal when Liz went out and played it pretty masterfully IMO, both putting together the vote she wanted and handling Jeff's questions at tribal.

I don't think banking on people hating Scot would be very masterful.  I don't get the vibe that anyone dislikes him now that Alecia's gone.  The audience and the players have different views, as witness Spencer last season, an audience darling, but a goat IRL.

• Love 3

Bounty is Kyle Jason coz he is a bounty hunter

Lurch I think is Scot

Thanks....I thought I was missing something about paper towels.  I think with half the posters calling him Jason and the other half calling him Kyle, we don't need another name for the guy.

It would be funny in the next tribal if someone would write down a bunch of names and cross them out.  

If Tai's social skills are so amazing, why doesn't he have a solid alliance in the tribe he was in for 13 days or whatever it was?

Oh, but he did! I have it on good report c/- insistent posts in these last two ep threads that he did have an alliance with the three women and was an idiot for not sticking with it.

Time will tell. There are more ways to skin a cat. etc.

• Love 3
violet and green, on 24 Mar 2016 - 5:07 PM, said:violet and green, on 24 Mar 2016 - 5:07 PM, said:

Oh, but he did! I have it on good report c/- insistent posts in these last two ep threads that he did have an alliance with the three women and was an idiot for not sticking with it.

Time will tell. There are more ways to skin a cat. etc.

Whereas I keep hearing this rumor that they were so determined to destroy Tai that they would sacrifice their own chances of winning just to eliminate him at the first opportunity, and it was a genius move to flip!  :P

In my actual opinion, he does have good social skills, the Beauty Gal alliance was fond of him, and he would have a much better chance and better options (plus a resume-building BIG MOVE!) if he'd saved Anna last week.  Lack of faith in his own game was a killer here IMO; we saw it in his panicked determination to get the idol in the first place, because he just decided for no reason he was on the bottom (rather than using those social skills on the gals), in the fact that he was so worried about going home last week when Scot was totally with him and not going to betray him, and in the fact that he thought short-term to keep that idol and save himself rather than long-term to keep Beauty numbers and with confidence that he could flip the game later on, which I feel he could have.

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 1

Whereas I keep hearing this rumor that they were so determined to destroy Tai that they would sacrifice their own chances of winning just to eliminate him at the first opportunity, and it was a genius move to flip!  :P

In my actual opinion, he does have good social skills, the Beauty Gal alliance was fond of him, and he would have a much better chance and better options (plus a resume-building BIG MOVE!) if he'd saved Anna last week.  Lack of faith in his own game was a killer here IMO; we saw it in his panicked determination to get the idol in the first place, because he just decided for no reason he was on the bottom (rather than using those social skills on the gals), in the fact that he was so worried about going home last week when Scot was totally with him and not going to betray him, and in the fact that he thought short-term to keep that idol and save himself rather than long-term to keep Beauty numbers and with confidence that he could flip the game later on, which I feel he could have.

But he did have a reason:  the girls had pretty much made it clear to him that he was fourth in that alliance and would most likely be out ASAP after the merge.

• Love 2

But he did have a reason:  the girls had pretty much made it clear to him that he was fourth in that alliance and would most likely be out ASAP after the merge.

I must have missed it when did they tell him this?   

• Love 2

Sometimes it's hard for me to see the obvious.  When you spell it out like this, this makes Aubry's move look even stupider.  What was she thinking?  Is her name really missing an "E" like that?  Rack up another reason I just don't like this person.  I guess I really have a bias towards people who smile, and it's really making me think more about myself :)

I hope Nick becomes the hilarious villain that Peter could have been.  

Aubry could of made a bad move but the possibility of where the other players land would be interesting. I don't feel her choice really had a negative outcome on Joe. Joe was already considering voting Peter off that day too. Yet, I have a bad feeling it didn't add much love from Tia, Julia or Scott.

I think the brains as a unit is the strongest team (as in unlikely to flip) at the moment. (Peter would of flipped probably at the merge anyways) Beauty has a still strong female alliance that disagree on Nick, who wants to work with brawns. Tia can be a swing vote to go more towards the females or brawns. Brawns seems ok strong...well Scott and Kyle. Cydney can be a wild card since we don't know her playstyle, yet. On the other hand, Tia seems to be connected to Scott like glue. 

The majority groups (Beauty and Brains) could stay together but they will probably break apart early. Brawns will probably lean on beauties because their team has better connection with Tia and Nick. If beauty was smart they could form a majority and control the game. Unfortunately, there are so many possibilities.

Math 

Brawns (3), Beauty (4), Brains (4)

Brains seem like they won't flip so...I'll keep them at Brains (4)

Brawns has a strong alliance but Cydney could be a wildcard with the conversations with Debbie. Nick and Tia may follow into brawns alliance making it (5 or 4)

The female beauty alliance  can be a wild card. They could switch to the Brawns alliance or the Brains alliance. This would decide who would be the stronger alliance. Brains will have 6 compare to Brawns (5/4). On the other hand, It could be Brawns 7 vs. Brains 4. Of course, These numbers can be decided on  the person the alliances target .

I'm personally wanting a lot of flips and less of a strong overpower alliances. Cydney and the girls alliance will have to flip at some point. I can't see them winning with Jason, Tia, and Scott if they stick together. Cydney already knows that Kyle has the immunity idol making him a threat in her alliance. Although, they can't win the game if the Brains stay in a group.  

• Love 2

But he did have a reason: the girls had pretty much made it clear to him that he was fourth in that alliance and would most likely be out ASAP after the merge.

This never happened. Anna said after her exit that she was mad at Tai for never having shown her his idol so she'd do her best after the merge to vote him out. This can very easily be BS because it's said after she left. But even before the swap, Nick was the next one to go. And even if Tai would have a place after the three girls, he could easily change that by winning immunity or use his skills to create conflict between the girls or whatever else. But now he has no solid alliance at all. He is just a number and he will br manipulated by the brawns until he loses his idol and then he is useless.

• Love 1

Aubrey reminds me of a female Russell Hantz (or any of those guys) by the way she sort of lurches around and was always scowling this episode.

Not even close ! :) As much as I dislike Russell, he was mostly full of glee while playing. Aubrey rather reminds me of Sophie, who also didn't seem to enjoy herself much out there. Which is probably why I'm rather lukewarm about Sophie, good strategy or not.

• Love 2

Russell was always rubbing his hands together gleefully like a leprechaun after the gold.  What player enjoys the game more than that guy.  Aubrey looks like she's in the middle of accounting nightmare.  Which she kind of is.  Crouching around with a man who literally interrogates the other players instead of socializing is not helping.

It's really hard for me to see the negative about Tai potentially being paranoid and doing things to keep himself in the game, when it keeps him in the game.  He turned off the Beauty Women from Day 1 hunting for the idol.  I don't blame him for that and I also don't blame him for thinking that they don't trust him when they were literally walking around and saying that to each other.  Then you have Anna walking around their new camp and telling everyone including an FBI interrogator that he's not to be trusted also.  It was just a bad partnership all around.  Tai obviously wants to work with people he likes and trusts rather than "needs" or "old Beauty affiliations" or what have you.  It's a game where people hunt for scapegoats and he has been picked by several people on different teams.  (Beauty Girls - he hunts for the idol.  Caleb - why is he even on the Beauty tribe?  FBI Joe - I want to vote him out.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
People give Kyle Jason nicknames because he only called Alecia "Blondie" and refused to call her by her actual given name and is a fucking asshole

Exactly. He was so fucking dismissive of her as nothing more than a little, blonde girl, he doesn't deserve a name. Actually, even calling him "bounty" is too good for him, because it acknowledges a profession he's pretty proud of. Wasn't it Khaleesi who called him "Cupcake"? I think we should stick with that. 

Speaking of which, did we get her rundown on this week's episode yet? Or did I miss it?

I'm personally wanting a lot of flips and less of a strong overpower alliances.

This is what I'd like to see as well. Some fluidity. But I'm scared we'll see something like Beauty and Brawn teaming up to take down Brains. 

• Love 2

I want to see some flips too. And I feel like they are coming because I think Aubry is now on the outs with inflexible Joe. Just where will she go though. She may be the one to bite the dust this week. She should have had some discussion with Julia pre-tribal and made some deal. Her flipping at the last minute (the name cross off) likely doesn't win any points with Julia. But I do get a feeling of a girls VS guys thing coming...and maybe the girls will take Joe in.

Debbie, Michelle, Julia, Aubry, ?Joe? and ?Cydney?

Nick, Cupcake, Scot, Tai and ?Neal?

Just don't know about Joe, Cydney or Neal. Maybe trade Neal and Cydney on my lists.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

It's really hard for me to see the negative about Tai potentially being paranoid and doing things to keep himself in the game, when it keeps him in the game.  He turned off the Beauty Women from Day 1 hunting for the idol.  I don't blame him for that and I also don't blame him for thinking that they don't trust him when they were literally walking around and saying that to each other.  Then you have Anna walking around their new camp and telling everyone including an FBI interrogator that he's not to be trusted also.  It was just a bad partnership all around.  Tai obviously wants to work with people he likes and trusts rather than "needs" or "old Beauty affiliations" or what have you.

It's interesting to me that Tai is getting a lot of shit for voting off a Beauty, but Aubrey is getting almost none for voting off a Brain. They were in the same position; Tai wasn't in an alliance with Anna and knew he couldn't trust her. Aubrey wasn't in an alliance with Peter and knew she couldn't trust him (except ... he did vote along old tribal lines and she didn't, so who's not trustworthy again?) But Tai's move seems to be generally considered stupid, and Aubrey's isn't. I would say the exact opposite of that. Once Anna gets reteamed with Michele and Julia, she doesn't need Tai, so it's not that he's fourth in that alliance; he's not in the alliance at all. Peter, on the other hand, had no where else to go. Everyone seems to take an instant distrust to the guy, so he needs to stick with the old Brains, and based on the last two TCs, he knew that. To me, Aubrey voting out Peter is a much worse move than Tai voting out Anna, but she's not getting criticized for it because viewers don't like Peter either.

• Love 4

It's interesting to me that Tai is getting a lot of shit for voting off a Beauty, but Aubrey is getting almost none for voting off a Brain. They were in the same position; Tai wasn't in an alliance with Anna and knew he couldn't trust her. Aubrey wasn't in an alliance with Peter and knew she couldn't trust him (except ... he did vote along old tribal lines and she didn't, so who's not trustworthy again?) But Tai's move seems to be generally considered stupid, and Aubrey's isn't. I would say the exact opposite of that. Once Anna gets reteamed with Michele and Julia, she doesn't need Tai, so it's not that he's fourth in that alliance; he's not in the alliance at all. Peter, on the other hand, had no where else to go. Everyone seems to take an instant distrust to the guy, so he needs to stick with the old Brains, and based on the last two TCs, he knew that. To me, Aubrey voting out Peter is a much worse move than Tai voting out Anna, but she's not getting criticized for it because viewers don't like Peter either.

You forget one thing; Peter actually campaigned to vote out Joe and Aubry and Joe found out about it. Anna did try to throw Tai under the bus but Tai never found out about it. There was no obvious reason for Tai to go against his beauty alliance except maybe some "sweet nothings" (I miss Abi...) being whispered to his ears by Scot. I didn't care for Anna at all but I can't understand why Tai throws a secure alliance in the garbage and starts looking for a new one. By doind that Tai: a) made enemies of all the beauty tribe b) showed the rest of the people that he is not a loyal person. And we know how important at least showing of loyalty (even if it's fake) matters in this game.

But Tai's move seems to be generally considered stupid, and Aubrey's isn't. I would say the exact opposite of that.

I actually think Aubry's move was dumber than Tai's as well, but at the same time at least I believe Aubry is playing the game pretty well. IMO Tai is just not a game player at all. He doesn't think strategically and it honestly looked like the only reason he didn't use the idol is because Scot told him not to. I like Tai as a person and I enjoy him on the show, but a game player he is not. That might be why he's getting more flack for the move.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

You forget one thing; Peter actually campaigned to vote out Joe and Aubry and Joe found out about it. Anna did try to throw Tai under the bus but Tai never found out about it. There was no obvious reason for Tai to go against his beauty alliance except maybe some "sweet nothings" (I miss Abi...) being whispered to his ears by Scot. I didn't care for Anna at all but I can't understand why Tai throws a secure alliance in the garbage and starts looking for a new one. By doind that Tai: a) made enemies of all the beauty tribe b) showed the rest of the people that he is not a loyal person. And we know how important at least showing of loyalty (even if it's fake) matters in this game.

Tai didn't throw away a secure alliance, or any alliance for that matter, because he never was in an alliance with Anna, and he knew it. After Caleb left, he knew that he or Nick would be next, and he was thrilled with the tribe shuffle. Nor has he made enemies of all the Beauties. Nick, absolutely not. Nick's busy making alliances with non-Beauties and alienating Michele. Michele and Julia, maybe, but they were never with Tai either so he lost nothing there. As for whether he knew Anna was throwing him under the bus, I'm fairly certain that even if we didn't see it, Scot told him about it.

IMO Tai is just not a game player at all. He doesn't think strategically and it honestly looked like the only reason he didn't use the idol is because Scot told him not to.

I do think he's too gentle for this game. He wants to win a million and he's clearly a fan who knows the game, but he'd rather have fun and cuddle and talk to trees to encourage them to grow. But honestly, I'm not seeing great gameplay from anyone this season. They're all fascinating to watch, but strategically dim. And I give Aubrey even less credit for Peter because she wanted to stick with him when she thought he'd only floated Joe's name. As soon as she found out he'd also named her, she freaked out, didn't think it through, and waffled until literally the last second.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6

Aubry could of made a bad move but the possibility of where the other players land would be interesting. I don't feel her choice really had a negative outcome on Joe. Joe was already considering voting Peter off that day too. Yet, I have a bad feeling it didn't add much love from Tia, Julia or Scott.

I think the brains as a unit is the strongest team (as in unlikely to flip) at the moment. (Peter would of flipped probably at the merge anyways) Beauty has a still strong female alliance that disagree on Nick, who wants to work with brawns. Tia can be a swing vote to go more towards the females or brawns. Brawns seems ok strong...well Scott and Kyle. Cydney can be a wild card since we don't know her playstyle, yet. On the other hand, Tia seems to be connected to Scott like glue. 

The majority groups (Beauty and Brains) could stay together but they will probably break apart early. Brawns will probably lean on beauties because their team has better connection with Tia and Nick. If beauty was smart they could form a majority and control the game. Unfortunately, there are so many possibilities.

Math 

Brawns (3), Beauty (4), Brains (4)

Brains seem like they won't flip so...I'll keep them at Brains (4)

Brawns has a strong alliance but Cydney could be a wildcard with the conversations with Debbie. Nick and Tia may follow into brawns alliance making it (5 or 4)

The female beauty alliance  can be a wild card. They could switch to the Brawns alliance or the Brains alliance. This would decide who would be the stronger alliance. Brains will have 6 compare to Brawns (5/4). On the other hand, It could be Brawns 7 vs. Brains 4. Of course, These numbers can be decided on  the person the alliances target .

I'm personally wanting a lot of flips and less of a strong overpower alliances. Cydney and the girls alliance will have to flip at some point. I can't see them winning with Jason, Tia, and Scott if they stick together. Cydney already knows that Kyle has the immunity idol making him a threat in her alliance. Although, they can't win the game if the Brains stay in a group.  

Do you mean Tai when you keep referring to Tia? I just don't recall anyone named (or nicknamed) Tia in this season.

• Love 1
fishcakes, on 25 Mar 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

It's interesting to me that Tai is getting a lot of shit for voting off a Beauty, but Aubrey is getting almost none for voting off a Brain. They were in the same position; Tai wasn't in an alliance with Anna and knew he couldn't trust her. Aubrey wasn't in an alliance with Peter and knew she couldn't trust him (except ... he did vote along old tribal lines and she didn't, so who's not trustworthy again?) But Tai's move seems to be generally considered stupid, and Aubrey's isn't. I would say the exact opposite of that. . .To me, Aubrey voting out Peter is a much worse move than Tai voting out Anna, but she's not getting criticized for it because viewers don't like Peter either.

Really?  I feel the opposite way.  Maybe it seems like more criticism of Tai because other people (almost everyone, it seems to me?) were willing to argue that it was a good move, whereas nobody I can see has said Aubry made a good move.  So there's not that much to talk about with it, so there's less perception of criticism?  Anyway, I thought Aubry's was worse than Tai's too, and I said so!

Once Anna gets reteamed with Michele and Julia, she doesn't need Tai, so it's not that he's fourth in that alliance; he's not in the alliance at all. Peter, on the other hand, had no where else to go. Everyone seems to take an instant distrust to the guy, so he needs to stick with the old Brains, and based on the last two TCs, he knew that.

This just makes no sense to me at all.  In what way do Aubry, Neal, Debbie, and Joe need Peter more than Anna, Michele, and Julia need Tai?  Three women is not a majority in an eleven-person merge tribe.  How on earth do they not need Tai then? 

• Love 2

Scot will reunite wuth Jason and Cydney so Tai will become ... the fourth in a 4 people alliance, exactly what he wanted to avoid when he voted Anna off. So stupid. Plus he has the idol so these people will manipulate him in a way so they use it to their advantage. I would not be surprised to see Tai become the new Erik...

Tai never ever EVER was the 4th in the girls' "alliance."  And he never wanted to avoid being a 4th.  He would be more than happy to be a 4th in any alliance for the time being since he had no alliance period.  And being a 4th is a good seat of power actually.  Because something always happens along the way and the factions within an alliance court the "4th" anyway.

You keep repeatedly saying he was the 4th in the girls' alliance but you never ever explain why you think he was.  They made it quite clear he wasn't.  They made it clear they were going to take him out before the tribal switch probably saved him.  He made it clear when the tribal switch was announced he thought just that too.

And having the idol and making the merge with it is a good thing; not a bad thing.

Will he win?  Probably not.  But that is all about him being too likable to have in the final three.  Not that he will get played by the Brawns or anyone else.

His one threat is he has an idol.  But because of the superidol rule his threat could also become a plus to others so getting him out because he has an idol is canceled out by not getting him out because he has an idol that could become a superidol one day.  And only Scot knows that right now but his alliance has an idol too.  So they should be protecting him for now.

So for now Tai is in a great position.  Because with the merge we move into the "challenge monsters" perceived threats and the top plotters and planners needing to take each other out asap.  Tai is neither so he should float along under the radar just fine and dandy for some time.  As the numbers dwindle he becomes a Sandra-like power vote.  Again the others won't want him in the final three next to them but I can see him making the final four or five at least.

Edited by green
  • Love 6

He is already being led around by Scot. Is Scot doing this because Tai is a wonderful game player who convinced him to be an ally? Nope. He is doing it because Tai was dumb enough to tell about his idol. Scot sees the super idol possibilities, and he said so at the time. I firmly believe he will be kicked to the curb as soon as his idol doesn't matter.

• Love 2
This just makes no sense to me at all.  In what way do Aubry, Neal, Debbie, and Joe need Peter more than Anna, Michele, and Julia need Tai?  Three women is not a majority in an eleven-person merge tribe.  How on earth do they not need Tai then? 

I said that in a confusing way, but I wasn't talking about the alliances needing Tai/Peter, but rather Tai's and Peter's respective needs for the alliance. In Tai's case, he does need to be in some alliance but it was never going to be with the three Beauty women, who had been gunning for him since he started looking for the idol. And if Anna's post-boot interviews are to be believed, she was going to let him use his idol to save her over Peter and then vote him out at the first opportunity simply because he didn't tell her about the idol at ... I don't know, the time and place she deemed appropriate I guess. So I don't believe she ever had any intention of allying with him. In the sense that a four-person alliance is better than a three-person alliance, then yes, the Beauties do need Tai, but Anna had already decided they didn't. So when I said, "once Anna gets reteamed with Michele and Julia, she doesn't need Tai ..." I was trying to say that that was Anna's thinking on the matter, although I think she was being shortsighted and kind of pissy about the whole thing, considering she was banking on him saving her. As for Tai needing them, eh. He does need an alliance, but that one was a bad bet. Possibly, with Anna gone, the Beauties will reconfigure some new thing with Julia and Michele on one side and then Tai and Nick sort of loosely with them/against them, but that doesn't seem like a great option either since everyone would be looking to jump as soon as a better offer arose. With Scot thinking he, Jason, Tai, and the potential superidol will be an unstoppable force, then maybe Tai will be okay, but I'm not sure how Cydney figures into it.

As for Peter, the Brains may or may not have needed him, but he definitely needed them. No one wants Peter. Even Tai didn't want Peter and Tai loves, like, rocks and sticks.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 5

I thought there'd be a lot of discussion this episode about how awesome Michele turned out to be.  No?  That's just me?  She is now my favorite, having passed Aubrey (who also does not seem too popular, but at least gets mentioned more).

I can't believe Tai, Scot, and Aubrey were even discussing or even contemplating voting out a Beauty.  Just to avoid going to rocks?!?

ETA: There was a line from Scot I couldn't make out (and neither could the captioners), something like "I want to keep Tai, because mumblemumble the chicken".  What the heck was that about?

Edited by SlackerInc
  • Love 4

I thought there'd be a lot of discussion this episode about how awesome Michele turned out to be.  No?  That's just me?  She is now my favorite, having passed Aubrey (who also does not seem too popular, but at least gets mentioned more).

I can't believe Tai, Scot, and Aubrey were even discussing or even contemplating voting out a Beauty.  Just to avoid going to rocks?!?

ETA: There was a line from Scot I couldn't make out (and neither could the captioners), something like "I want to keep Tai, because mumblemumble the chicken".  What the heck was that about?

"I want to keep Tai [this vote] because I want to eat his Vietnamese Chicken."(Tai promised to cook a dish for them, from the last remaining chicken. Poor thing.)

• Love 3

With Scot thinking he, Jason, Tai, and the potential superidol will be an unstoppable force, then maybe Tai will be okay, but I'm not sure how Cydney figures into it.

Seems to me that due to his idol, Tai is more valuable to Scot than Cydney because of this SuperIdol crap that Scot seems to be banking on. I never got the sense that Scot and Cydney were that close anyway, seems to me like she's tighter with Jason (btw, I almost vom'd in my mouth when she was rubbing the backs of his thighs as he was lying down in the shelter, I mean I know he took care of her when she was heat-stroked, but still ewww). I think Scot actually likes Tai as a person and while I don't think he dislikes Cydney, I got the impression that he's allied with her because she's a vote and they have a mutual ally -- Jason. 

Yes, yes, blah, blah, blah, Tai is the worst player ever in the history of Survivor because he didn't use his idol to save Anna. I want to shake his hand simply because him not doing so helped to get rid of her. When she wasn't invisible, she was annoying as fuck and looked like she would've become infinitely more so had she stayed any longer. I'm glad she's gone and didn't make jury. She sucked every which way, in my book. Instead of getting off her ass and looking for an idol herself, she started trash-talking him to everyone when she saw him looking for an idol, and then later this entitled brat wants him to go out on a limb and use his idol to save her? So she can turn around and do what she seemed to have been gunning for since practically the beginning which was to get rid of him? He was never going to be number 4 or number anything but the next vote-out with the Beauty Girls so I do not know why some people are doing the absolute most when it comes to trying to prove that he's the worst and dumbest player, when this season is full of numbskulls (Hi, Aubry!).

ETA: I would be so pissed at Aubry if I were Joe. She didn't seem to have any problem sticking with the plan to vote for Julia and risking Joe's neck when Peter was throwing Joe's name out for elimination, even though Joe is supposedly her closest ally left on that tribe, but as soon as she hears from people who have a vested interested in tricking her that Peter floated out her name, she went all reactionary and dumbfuck and voted him out leaving herself and Joe down in numbers. If I were Joe, regardless of whether there's a merge next episode or not or whatever happens moving forward, I would cut ties with her flip-flopping unstable ass pronto.

Debbie wanted to get rid of Jason. Debbie FTW.

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 5

I thought there'd be a lot of discussion this episode about how awesome Michele turned out to be.  No?  That's just me?  She is now my favorite ...

Same. I've liked Michele since the first ep and this ep just solidified it. I hope she orchestrates Nick's boot asap!

• Love 4

I definitely addressed these.  I mentioned Michelle being awesome and Peter said, "I want to keep Tai around because I want to have Vietnamese chicken."  I mentioned both of these things.

Pamplemousse, agreed on all fronts.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Yeah, I remember some posters being like "I like Michele" for the past couple of weeks and I was confused because up until this episode, she hadn't really done much of anything to be liked (or disliked) for. So I just chalked it up to liking someone in a season full of assholes just because they hadn't done anything asshole-ish yet. But I did warm up to her (before I was just neutral on her because she wasn't shown enough) in this episode because she saw through Nick to his true douchey colors -- not that it was hard to or anything.

Also when I say Debbie FTW, that was kind of hyperbole just because I have to approve of anyone who wants to get rid of Jason, simply on principle. She's an asshole, too, although a clever one. When Michele was upset and out in the water by herself and Debbie smugged and snarked about Michele drowning herself, I was kind of blown away by how crass, callous, and nasty that was. I mean, I have a black sense of humor, but damn. That was so cold and smug that I actually want Debbie to get far, become even more egomaniacal and self-assured that she's running the show, all before a spectacular fall. Same for Aubry with the spectacular fall part (except I don't want to see her go far, she's just too dumb to be rewarded like that). It's kind of whack that everyone seems to be going to Debbie for advice or an alliance because she is so up her own ass, it's hilarious. At least Nick, for all his many other flaws, recognizes that, although he's dumb enough to think he can control and neutralize that level of narcissistic nutjobbery.

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 1

Also when I say Debbie FTW, that was kind of hyperbole just because I have to approve of anyone who wants to get rid of Jason, simply on principle. She's an asshole, too, although a clever one. When Michele was upset and out in the water by herself and Debbie smugged and snarked about Michele drowning herself, I was kind of blown away by how crass, callous, and nasty that was. I mean, I have a black sense of humor, but damn. That was so cold and smug that I actually want Debbie to get far, become even more egomaniacal and self-assured that she's running the show, all before a spectacular fall. 

Geez, it was a joke, delivered in a wry tone!

• Love 3

Maybe so, but a really tasteless, crass, and nasty one delivered with the maximum amount of smuggery. Like I said, I have a pitch black sense of humor but I thought that the joke was vile. I don't joke about suicide, ever, though, so maybe that's why I failed to see the funny.

• Love 1
pamplemousse, on 25 Mar 2016 - 4:19 PM, said:

Yes, yes, blah, blah, blah, Tai is the worst player ever in the history of Survivor because he didn't use his idol to save Anna. . .

Nah, not making the bold move is by far the most common choice on Survivor (that's how Boston Rob, Sophie, etc won...set it up so that nobody makes a move = you win), so Tai's just average as far as that goes, and I would say better than average socially, plus he hustled for the idol and got it by himself despite difficulties.  I'm sorry if it seems like I'm going after Tai or something.  Tai's great!  I like him!  I just think he should have used that idol, nbd!  I even totally understand why he wouldn't.  I don't even really know why we're talking about it this episode, though I'm 99% sure it's my fault.  Dropping it!

• Love 1

We were rarely shown much of the pre-mix Brains interrelationships other than simplistic pairings: Joe/Deb, Aubry/Neal, and Peter/Liz.

A couple of things in this episode, however, have me suspecting the Brain tribal dynamics were much more subtle and evolved than ever made it to the screen:

1. Aubry's having no problem with calling Joe out of his overly aggressive confrontation of Peter - and, more significantly, Joe's immediate subdued acknowledgement.  To me, this was immediate evidence of a much stronger bond - and accompanying lines of communication - between Aubry and Joe than anything previously indicated.
  2. When Aubry came to Joe wanting to flip their votes from Julia to Peter after hearing her name had come out of Peter's mouth, and Joe asked if the flip was "part of her neuroses" - many here seemed to consider Joe's question as an insult, but I didn't take it that way.  As I recall, Joe's question was stated in a calm even tone without scorn or condescension, and Aubry's response didn't telegraph anger or hurt - just insistence.  My interpretation was that at some point in time Joe and Aubry had actually had previous factual conversation on the subject of neuroses, to the point it was an open (or at least not-taboo) point of conversation between them - plus, I would guess Aubry would have to have a significant degree of trust in Joe to divulge personal information to such a degree.

YMMV, but to me:

• Both interactions indicate a much more evolved trust relationship between Aubry and Joe than anything We the Viewers have been shown in previous broadcasts.
  • If TPTB have been holding back info on this, what other salient facts are they hiding...?
  • Love 9

YMMV, but to me:

• Both interactions indicate a much more evolved trust relationship between Aubry and Joe than anything We the Viewers have been shown in previous broadcasts.
  • If TPTB have been holding back info on this, what other salient facts are they hiding...?

Great post! TPTB are definitely hiding lots and lots of things. Not out of malice, of course, just time constraints. If neither Joe or Aubry go far (I don't know!), it makes sense that TPTB don't go into greater detail with their relationship.

Nah, not making the bold move is by far the most common choice on Survivor (that's how Boston Rob, Sophie, etc won...set it up so that nobody makes a move = you win), so Tai's just average as far as that goes, and I would say better than average socially, plus he hustled for the idol and got it by himself despite difficulties.  I'm sorry if it seems like I'm going after Tai or something.  Tai's great!  I like him!  I just think he should have used that idol, nbd!  I even totally understand why he wouldn't.  I don't even really know why we're talking about it this episode, though I'm 99% sure it's my fault.  Dropping it!

Even when we don't agree (although I usually always agree with your posts), I still like reading your posts KimberStormer. :D

• Love 1