Type keyword(s) to search

60 Days In First Look: Snitches Get Stitches

• Start Topic

I wasn't sure where to put this so I thought it best to start a separate thread. Last night there was an 11 minute piece called 60 Days In: First Look. I thought it might just be a general promo for the whole series that wouldn't contain anything we haven't already seen, but I was wrong. It's a long preview of the next episode, and it contains a ton of spoilers in that it answers questions we've asked in the episode thread. I don't know if this is going to be on every week or if this was a one-time thing, but here's what I picked up:

The person putting the towel over the camera was Robert. He said he thought it would allay suspicions that he's a cop and make him seem more like a regular guy to the real inmates. Interfering with the cameras is a serious breach of the rules and that's  what gets him removed to solitary, although it's not shown whether they actually put him in solitary (since it's supposed to be a 30 day stint) or just pull him from the program.

The fake inmates have a couple of code words they can use to be removed immediately. One of them is saying to the producers "I really miss a good cup of coffee". The other is putting a towel around your neck and walking back and forth around the pod (presumably that's to be used when the producers aren't in the pod filming).

Tami figured out that Barbra was in the program and confronts her about it. (I personally don't think that was a wise decision, but the inmates may just think that Tami is taking Barbra under her wing.)  Barbra is thrilled to have a friend in the pod. There is more jostling for power in F-pod as inmates come and go.

Edited by Quilt Fairy

I saw this was going to be on but forgot to watch it, so thank you for reporting on it.  Maybe it will replay again before the next episode.

Did they say or show how Tami figured out Barbra was in the program?  Is Ali's daughter (can't remember her name at the moment) in the same pod as Tami and Barbra?

I'm glad Robert fucked up, but I hope he comes back because I enjoyed his stupidity and was waiting for him to get the shit beaten out of him, or perhaps becoming somebody's boyfriend.

Tami figured out that Barbra was in the program and confronts her about it. (I personally don't think that was a wise decision, but the inmates may just think that Tami is taking Barbra under her wing.)  Barbra is thrilled to have a friend in the pod. There is more jostling for power in F-pod as inmates come and go.

If Tami takes Barbra under her wing, then Barbra should be moved to another pod.  She won't have an authentic experience because Tami would be anyone's ideal protector.  Barbra signed up for this, she should have to make her own way.  It smells of producer manipulation to me.  Because I am highly doubtful that little Barbra would make it one day, let alone 60, in that hell hole.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Did they say or show how Tami figured out Barbra was in the program?  Is Ali's daughter (can't remember her name at the moment) in the same pod as Tami and Barbra?

Tami said there were clues about how Barbra was dressed, how she acted, and she messed up when Tami challenged her on part of her backstory. Tami says her 'cop sense' kicked in.

There is only one women's pod, so Maryum will end up there with Barbra and Tami, but she wasn't in the preview. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy

If Tami takes Barbra under her wing, then Barbra should be moved to another pod. She won't have an authentic experience because Tami would be anyone's ideal protector. Barbra signed up for this, she should have to make her own way. It smells of producer manipulation to me. Because I am highly doubtful that little Barbra would make it one day, let alone 60, in that hell hole.

Having an older inmate taking a younger one under their wing is a realistic part of jails/prisons so I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. It's just another thing that happens inside and it is authentic because it does happen a lot.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1
(edited)

There was another First Look preview tonight, which is the first 10 minutes of episode 7, "Pod Drama". We were left with a cliffhanger last time as Ricky apparently attacked Jeff. Well, he does. He walks up to Jeff, who's laying in his bunk and starts punching him. Jeff scrambles up, and to his credit, I thought, gives out a couple of loud "What the fuck?"s. Jeff does not appear to suffer anything more than a bloody nose and having his glasses knocked off, although he's obviously shaken up by the attack. Everyone in the pod has watched the whole thing silently. The screen notes that no deputies respond to the fight. 

Jeff approaches his "friend" Martin to see if he knows what's going on, and Martin basically tells him that he needs protection from Ricky and it's going to cost him. Jeff, finally wising up to Martin, calls his wife and tells her he's been attacked and doesn't feel safe. Jeff's wife calls the producers. Now here's where things get dicey. Everyone has seen Jeff make a phone call. Shortly thereafter (although the timing is not made clear),  The producers enter the pod and ask several people about the fight, but of course everyone says they don't know anything about a fight. They approach Jeff, who says he doesn't know anything about a fight either, but agrees to go off for an interview. As he's leaving the pod you hear someone yell out "Don't go telling anyone about us!". This is where I'm really getting nervous about the whole "Let's put civilians into a jail to film a reality show".  Jeff is in a dangerous situation, the guards don't respond, the producers don't know how to respond, and I think Jeff has made a bad situation worse because now he really looks like at best a plant and at worst a snitch.

Tami's misery continues, but she's getting a surprise visit from her wife. We don't see more than that, as the first 10 minutes is mostly Jeff.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

Why is it Jeff went to call his wife? Aren't they supposed to do laps around the pod or miss "hot coffee" or whatever the bat signal.

I hopeJeff sees that Corrections is not the place for him. In a short amount of time inmates will have him ironing their drawers and clipping their toenails.

• Love 4

I don't think Jeff's in a bad situation. He called his wife because he wanted out, you see him leaving with the producers, so he's getting out. The only way he's in danger is if he goes back and I don't know why he'd agree to that at this point (unless the producers tell him other plants are in there and they for some reason think him being pulled would cause a danger to them, although I think that would be a stretch). 

I don't know why he wouldn't use the signals, although maybe in the heat of being attacked he didn't remember what his signal was? He did take a hit to the face (his nose is swollen), so maybe he wasn't thinking clearly other than "I need to call my wife and get the hell out of here."

How did the officers miss Ricky getting more and more fucked up with his schizophrenia? I was weird out when he hit Jeff and everyone kept shhhhhshing everything. Weird.

Man, that is a weird weird place. Robert is a huge fuck up and I hope he never teaches again. He is majorly off.

• Love 1

The First Look preview last night was episode 8, "Shakedown".

Maryum's cellies find black mold in their bathroom, and they know that it's probably not healthy to be breathing that. Maryum comments that she's been in about 30 days so far and the entire pod is a cesspool of filth. She says one of her concerns going in was that she might catch something. Later that night (apparently) women in a different cell contact the guards because one of them is scratching herself so badly that she's drawing blood. The preliminary rumor is that it is body lice.

Tami realizes that she's the cause of a lot of the pod drama, and since she really doesn't want that, decides to apologize to Boston.

Robert is still in segregation, although he's been told he's going back to C-pod tomorrow, which he really doesn't want to do. He considers things for a while and then calls the guards complaining of abdominal pains.

In D-pod, Zak comments on the different atmosphere and says there are definitely drugs in this pod. There is also an inmate like Ricky who yells all night. As Zak says, "It's quite a show. Sometimes he interrupts himself to answer questions that he's asking himself."  Since Zak is sleeping on the floor, when someone leaves, Zak immediately puts dibs on his rack.

The Sheriff is planning a simultaneous shakedown of both C and D pods. There are 5 inmates who are going to be removed for various offences including selling drugs and having a cell phone. Roby, the pod boss in C pod is going to be removed for extorting money/commissary from inmates.

The preview ends as the CERT teams enter the 2 pods and everyone gets on the floor.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is review of the First Look for Episode 9, whose name I don't know yet:

It's Thanksgiving! (Yay, we're going to schedule your 60 days so that you spend Thanksgiving inside away from your families. Maybe their Christmas present is getting out?) Anyhow, the prisoners get the traditional turkey, stuffing, green beans, et al, and Zac comments that it's the most food he's seen on one tray since he's been here. The consensus is the meal's not too bad.

Over in the ladies' pod, we learn that a new inmate Amber has arrived and quickly taken over as pod boss, thus Boston's reign is apparently over. When the inmates get up on Thanksgiving, Amber leaves inspirational notes on each table. I think that might make her pod hostess, not pod boss. The ladies get their meal and go around the table saying what they're thankful for, which primarily seems to be each other. Except Barbra, who's grateful for God.

In segregation, Robert is still constipated and in pain. He tells the producer he thinks he needs to go to a hospital, and the producer says if he leaves for the hospital, he's out of the program. Robert says he no longer needs to go to a hospital, he'll tough it out, because that's what you do. He drinks more prune juice and as we leave him, the pain has subsided, which Robert celebrates by getting out of his orange jump suit and giving us the treat of seeing him in his underwear.

Back in D-pod Isaiah has made a buddy in Treshawn. Sheriff Scottie comments that he thinks Isaiah is getting too comfortable with a known problem like Treshawn, which could lead to him commiting a crime in jail. (So maybe the whole point of this exercise is to see if these law-abiding contestants can be tempted into breaking the law by being in jail. While they're supposed to be reporting on contraband and corruption in the jail. Because that makes SO MUCH SENSE.)  Isaiah says he's been told that Treshawn is a thief, but he hasn't seen any evidence of that. And then Treshawn asks Isaiah to be his lookout as he steals some Kool-aid packets from Isaiah's upstairs bunkmate. Wow, how much time do you think Isaiah will get for accessory to stealing Kool-aid? Is that a misdemeanor or a felony? 

And we're out until the full episode airs next Thursday.

Edited by Quilt Fairy

This is the review of the First Look for Episode 10:

Basically, nothing happens that we don't already know about from last week's previews.  Isaiah smokes a "crack stick" (apostrophes apparently necessary because it's not really crack).  Zak's bunkmates start making hooch right before a cell check. Robert goes to the hospital, has a CT scan, is told nothing is wrong with him (I think they're wrong about that), and feels much better.

I love the sheriff's reassurance that there is absolutely no sex allowed in prison being undercut with a guy getting an obvious hand job, followed by the providers use of toilet paper to clean up.  Of course I was grossed out by the show providing the details.  The prison must be getting significant money from this show, because they're made to look out of touch and negligent.

I don't think the editors have to work too hard to make them look out of touch and negligent.

And I was negligent for not posting about the preview of Episode 11, 11th Hour: Drama (what else?) continues in F-pod, where Tami starts to make statements that make both inmates and guards think she is a mole. In D-pod, D'aundre (the fat, spooky looking white guy) is shown pimping himself out (basically, anything's on the menu for the right price) and then some suspicious activity takes place behind the curtains in one of the cells.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sneak peek of the season finale, Exodus:

The guard who gets into a fight in F-pod gets calls for help and gets out safely and also manages to finally find the contraband cellphone.  The new pod-boss (older, tattooed black dude) goes on a rampage because someone took his chow tray.

Maryum (Yaz) gets called to leave, while Deputy Scottie fucks with Tami's mind just because he can.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
(edited)

If you're a true pod-boss, would someone even dare to take your food tray?  Now Barbra is a true pod boss and nobody would have dared to even look at her tray.  They could tell Barb was bout that life and there would be consequences and repercussions if her tray was messed with.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

If you're a true pod-boss, would someone even dare to take your food tray?

Yeah, it's kind of unclear exactly what is going on and that's right when the preview ends. Zak says the guy is a Vietnam vet and he is more dangerous than he looks.

From the sneak peak at this week's episode:

Pod boss Brenda decides (somehow) that Sheri's 2 cellies are responsible for spreading the false story about Sheri having drugs and decides they need to be punished. Brenda calls them into her cell, takes them "behind the curtain" and she and a few of her girls beat them up, although they seem more disheveled than bloody when they leave.  Sheri escapes to the main room, horrified. She can't believe that the guards don't seem to care about the fight, saying that when she was a CO all the prisoners knew they had a maximum of 20 seconds before the guards would be there. This piece of throw-away info seems to give credence to her story of being a former prison guard.

Monalisa gives us a tour of her cell in the Classification section.  She points out the thin, worn-out pad that serves as a mattress over the metal bunk and says her old body is in a lot of pain because of it, and it's making her really mad.  The filthiness of the shower makes her mad, as well.  Many things make Monalisa mad. We do see some random girl sweeping under a bunk, so maybe ML is making an impression already.

Ryan has spent 3 day trying to (unsuccessfully) blend in with his pod mates. They still think he's a plant and he's in serious danger of getting a whooping, how serious remains to be seen.

Monalisa is just a chronic complainer who will never be happy with anything because she's not happy with herself.  Did she think she was going to The Ritz for 60 days?  If her old body can't take it, maybe she should leave? She's way too old to have that "eff the police" attitude, and maybe her old body hurts from carrying that big chip around on her shoulder?  If she's so appalled with the shower, maybe she could get off her old, complaining ass and clean it?

Isn't this the episode where Assholeigh pulls her pants down for the other inmates? Come on. They had to know her past at the Playboy mansion or they wouldn't be asking to see her ass.  I don't remember the other inmates asking Barbra, Tami or any of the other female participants to show them their asses.  Give me a break.

10 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Why was Ashley so eager to show her ass? Is her plan to be gay for the stay?

That was a strange scene.  She was on the top bunk; she asked the girls if they knew an easy way to get down; she slid down; they saw the shape of her ass and were amazed by it (I guess they all have flat behinds?).  Then they started acting like middle school girls.  That whole pod reminds me of being in my freshman dorm; it was filled with gossip and bullshit, and we had schoolwork to do and still had time to gossip.  These people need something to do in there,  that's the main problem.  I don't get why the sheriff can't see that. 

• Love 1

If 60 days in is real, how come not one REAL inmate in ANY of the pods is the same? Did EVERY person get released in the "2 weeks" between the filming of season. 

this is 1 of many reasons why i think the whole show is a Blair witch projcet type fake

• Love 2