Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Lymes In The Sand

• Start Topic

I wouldn't go off of how many pages a HW thread has in judging their popularity or viewer interest.

​Yeah, the number of pages doesn't really mean much if, as you pointed out, the length of the thread is mostly due to the same handful of people making multiple (and extensive) posts.

I was hoping to come back and find that the majority of posts NOT be about Yolanda. 

​And yet, when you found that wasn't the case, you still posted. So, it is what it is.

• Love 7

Yeah, I don't think you can always go by the number of posts. For example, Kyle herself really gets discussed more in Kim's thread.

I don't know what Bravo thinks regarding any of these people. As to who will stay or go. Don't have a clue.

Personally Yo fascinates me from a human nature standpoint. I often find myself saying, I can't believe the crap she spews and gets away with. I guess it intrigues me at some level. Not sure what it says about me, but there it is. However, I don't find her particularly intelligent. I think Lisa and Eileen are smart but Lisa is more fun to watch IMO.

• Love 8
Eileen's claim of "choosing her words carefully" will come back to haunt her. 

​I forgot about her saying that. It makes her incessant, repetitive argument with LVP even more eye-roll worthy.

Vagina is like the word 'orange' - you have to be creative to find a rhyme for it?

Maybe you should exchange "vagina" for the more anatomically correct "vulva"?

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Hi gang! So... If you don't like the topic at hand, feel free to try to start a conversation about something you do find interesting, but to just comment that you're sick of talking about X doesn't really help anything. Additionally, if you find a specific poster annoying? Ignore them! You have the ability to ignore any poster (other than mods) right up in your control panel. Simply click the little silhouette person up there to the right (next to "My Shows") then select "Manage Ignore Prefs" and follow the instructions. Bam! Now you don't have to read Poster X's posts ever again! 

Seriously though, we're almost to the end of this season, lets all remember that everyone is entitled to like what they like and think what they think and all that stuff. Just please stop snarking each other and we'll all get out of this virtually unscathed. 

• Love 20

I don't get this either. It's one thing to say something unkind about me but it is a whole different thing to come at my kids. Yolanda lets Brandi call Bella an alcoholic but then gets her panties in a wad when Lisa repeats what Mohamed (the kids father) tells her.

Keeping in mind that what LVP repeated was nothing insulting or offensive toward her children but she's trying to manipulate the situation to make it seem that way. And the cherry on top is that she's fabricating a situation between herself and LVP and presenting herself like the bigger person because she's giving her flowers and being friendly with her as if she's such a good human being to overlook the non-existent things LVP has said. Go figure, lol.

• Love 5

​I forgot about her saying that. It makes her incessant, repetitive argument with LVP even more eye-roll worthy.

Maybe you should exchange "vagina" for the more anatomically correct "vulva"?

Hmmm, Vulva........Tulsa? 

Somehow I feel that I wouldn't endear myself to the good people from Oklahoma had I taken that route?

That's all I have........ *sad face*

• Love 1

Too late.

lisarinna-lips.jpg

Blend Rinna's fish lips, Resnick's truly terrifying gills and their respective never-to-be-found-in-nature orange complexions and we may have a previously unseen sea creature.

faye-resnick-bio-photo.jpg?crop=0px%2C28

• Love 2

LisaV has said she does Botox and fillers, she denied having a facelift when Brandi tried to suggest she did. The only one that denies having regular work done is Brandi.

So does Kim Zolciak, and between the two of them, they don't look anything like they used to.

To whoever posted the caftan instructions, I showed them to a friend who sews and she's making one for me! I won't be jetting off to Dubai anytime soon, but I'll look great when I go to the mailbox! :D

• Love 6

So does Kim Zolciak, and between the two of them, they don't look anything like they used to.

To whoever posted the caftan instructions, I showed them to a friend who sews and she's making one for me! I won't be jetting off to Dubai anytime soon, but I'll look great when I go to the mailbox! :D

Lisa still looks like she did season 1, which means she hasn't overdone it like some others have. LOL

I was thinking of making 1 for my self. I will have to go look for some fabric. I did find some short ones (bathing suit cover ups) on Amazon for $20. and they are all cotton.

• Love 2

In some countries in the Middle East, they had what was called the 'morality police'. They were in charge of crime against morality, like showing your ankles, not covering your head, listening to music, driving, drinking, eating pork.....If you were caught, they'd flog you on the spot and go on their merry way. The 'force' was usually thugs and criminals enforcing the 'laws of Islam' that is why the M.E. isn't a fun place to go and if you do, you better be on your best behavior.

Dubai doesn't seem to follow those rules, they're trying to cultivate a tourism industry.

Yay!  That was me.  The most important think is to make sure the fabric doesn't shrink.  I made that mistake once, loved the fabric, loved the caftan (It was a present for my mom) but then she washed it.  She didn't tell me it shrank, but I found it, and went home and made her another.

Lisa still looks like she did season 1, which means she hasn't overdone it like some others have. LOL

I was thinking of making 1 for my self. I will have to go look for some fabric. I did find some short ones (bathing suit cover ups) on Amazon for $20. and they are all cotton.

They are so very very easy to make, and you can buy exactly enough fabric too.  Just fold it over and hold it up to your shoulders, so length is easy, and also, absolutely no wasted fabric.  If you buy some trim (and their are multiple kinds) it's even easier to finish the neckline.

Oh, and for your neckline, if you have a blouse or whatever that has a neckline you like, just fold the fabric exactly in half and the blouse and you can just trace that neckline on the caftan. 

• Love 3

I liked the court cases they cited in those (agree!) poorly written rules.  I've read about most of them in other places as well.  They are real, including the woman jailed for going to the police about being gang raped.  Also about the guy who ate a poppy seed roll and was jailed because of poppy seeds on his shoes, and quite a few other scary tales.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

I vote for clitoris ^_^  !

Now THAT I can work with..

Boris, Horace, Forest, Bore Us, Taurus, Doris, Porous!!

Dubai doesn't seem to follow those rules, they're trying to cultivate a tourism industry.

Understood, That is why I said in 'some countries there used to be' the morality popo.

• Love 2

​And yet, when you found that wasn't the case, you still posted.

If you can't lick 'em, join 'em.  Go along to get along. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em and all that. Thanks for noticing.

All I see when I look at Faye Resnick is a reptile.  She's one of those people who begin to look like what they are on the inside.

• Love 3

Well, I disagree, she is. Essentially she is a buzzkill no one wants to film with-except Erika and Erika's only meat is to carry tales back from the others. Sickbed filming only goes so far and then it is not a storyline. Little skypes with the successful models are probably best left for the other show that was mentioned in a blind item at the beginning of the season. Yolanda dictated the direction of the show from her sick bed this season and ratings at best were flat if not falling. She wanted to be center ring but her story didn't bring it. She had another direction the exit of her husband and she faked it just like the content of her famous fridge. That becomes a problem for the network. LuAnn not revealing her long term relationship unraveling cost her an apple for a season and Yolanda really played dirty when she not only withheld the decline of her marriage but announce the demise of it on premiere day-so as to garner all the publicity. She is not the network's darling.

I don't give a fuck if she lives, dies, shoves a hose up her ass, or miraculously is cured and donates her wealth to the church in gratitude. I don't watch her. She bores me. I tape the show then fast forward past any mention of her almost every scene that discusses her.

The producers are shooting themselves in the foot. If they think I'm going to stick around for much more of her bullshit they are sorely mistaken. Brandi, Kim and Yoyo are the reason I don't watch it live anymore.

When I don't enjoy it I move on. It's another hour of viewership they have lost.

Yo-yo has become tedious, repetitive, one note and very uninteresting. Watching Rocio house cleaning for 10 minutes a show would be more entertaining. Can we make her a housewife?

• Love 10

I don't give a fuck if she lives, dies, shoves a hose up her ass, or miraculously is cured and donates her wealth to the church in gratitude. I don't watch her. She bores me. I tape the show then fast forward past any mention of her almost every scene that discusses her.

The producers are shooting themselves in the foot. If they think I'm going to stick around for much more of her bullshit they are sorely mistaken. Brandi, Kim and Yoyo are the reason I don't watch it live anymore.

When I don't enjoy it I move on. It's another hour of viewership they have lost.

Yo-yo has become tedious, repetitive, one note and very uninteresting. Watching Rocio house cleaning for 10 minutes a show would be more entertaining. Can we make her a housewife?

Even with subtitles, I'd watch Rocio.......

• Love 4

I've given up on Atlanta and NJ and never got hooked on Potamac . I really think this whole franchise was winding down ( how many years can you suspend your beleif that they are co workers not friends ) so I was shocked when the launched two new cities.

• Love 6

Even with subtitles, I'd watch Rocio.......

No joke, I think actually think a Rocio spinoff could be successful depending on how entertaining her family is. She basically has the ultimate housekeeping job and has a lot of material goods to show for her time with Lisa. I'm curious to know too if Rocio has her share of haters by association and how she feels about her role on the show since I want to say that she's been on every season.  

I've given up on Atlanta and NJ and never got hooked on Potamac . I really think this whole franchise was winding down ( how many years can you suspend your beleif that they are co workers not friends ) so I was shocked when the launched two new cities.

I have been meaning to make it over to the Potomac board. I absolutely have a few thoughts on those gals. 

• Love 4

Vagina is like the word 'orange' - you have to be creative to find a rhyme for it?

I was thinking about my next piece and it may be Maria Muldaur's "Midnight at the Oasis"?

"Midnight at the Oasis,

Put those assholes to bed......."

No, no, no.  I have that album....in the basement along with all my other albums that I'm saving for some 'emotional' reason.  It's not like I'm going to play them again except if I drag out the turntable and receiver, and figure out how to hook them all up along with the three thousand cables behind the cable box,  blu ray box, roku and the Ethernet and God knows what else.  And heck, why not pull out the reel to reel or eight track player (or whatever it is in a that big box) that my husband refuses to part with.

• Love 2

We clearly disagree on the idea of whether or not Yolanda's shenanigans have an effect on the women in the group. We also disagree on the idea that these women are legitimately co-workers who do actual work. 

The problem with Yolanda doing something like not showing for Erika's dinner makes other coworkers like Rinna go 'Hey, I have other things that I'd rather do than drive out to Pasadena to go to work but I'm showing up because this is how the show works and this is how they get footage.' It's so nervy of Yolanda to think that her unwillingness to show or her decisions to leave early aren't having an effect on production.

It's so arrogant too for her to not see that the women are in fact doing more work when they're doing more filming. Filming isn't easy, there's always pressure (as Yolanda well knows), dinners can become flat out ordeals and this is what they signed up for. Yolanda is getting out of a lot of the work and she's likely going to pull the same shit at the reunion again--something they can all admit is grueling. I don't understand how it isn't seen as work when even Yolanda acknowledges it as a job. 

I definitely disagree that this is about coworkers who are picking on somebody without having just cause. If Yolanda isn't well enough to film then she shouldn't be on the show. Simple as that IMO. 

I disagree with pretty much all of this. IMO Yolanda isn't just living her life. She's forcing others to dance to her tune and then they get lectured and blasted publicly for not being sympathetic enough to something that frankly doesn't make any sense. 

Brandi and Kim** have super long threads with a lot of views too but it doesn't necessarily mean that most viewers want them back on the show. Yolanda's thread is long because a bunch of people are sick of her and are ready to see her off of the show. Outside of this site I've seen plenty of acknowledgement that the episodes grind to a halt when it's just about her and her medical drama. 

**Kim's thread in particular got long because of a bunch of stuff that happened away from the show. 

-And Rinna showing up fulfills HER obligations to HER contract whether Yolanda shows up or not. The same way MY obligation to come in 5 days a week to draft, type, print and make 100 copies for my boss doesn't change because the other girl only comes in twice a week just to stuff those copies I've made into envelopes for mailing. I'm not mad at the person who has a different work schedule and load than I do if that's what' been agreed upon between her and our boss. Plain and simple.

-But she IS on the show and that's her cushy agreement she has with their bosses.

-Dance to it or don't but to me Grown woman don't get "forced" to do anything. IMO, if they drop it then there's nothing to dance around anyway.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

-And Rinna showing up fulfills HER obligations to HER contract whether Yolanda shows up or not. The same way I come in 5 days a week to draft, type, print and make 100 copies for my boss doesn't change because the other girl only comes in twice a week just to stuff those copies I've made into envelopes for mailing. I'm not mad at the person who has a different work schedule and load than I do if that's what' been agreed upon between her and our boss. Plain and simple.

-But she IS on the show and that's her cushy agreement she has with their bosses.

-Dance to it or don't but to me Grown woman don't get "forced" to do anything. IMO, if they drop it then there's nothing to dance around anyway.

My cushie agreement with my cold, unfeeling, non-compassionate, not a good friend acting heart is if Yoblow is ever on the screen I turn her off or fast forward. I'm like the Grinch when it comes to that Dutch ding-a-ling except that each time she is on or mentioned my heart shrinks 3 times smaller in regard to her. One now needs an electron microscope to detect it.

• Love 9

^ Did you see the preview for next week? When she starts in about others not wanting to be around sick people I really wanted to punch her in the nose. No one wants to be around you because you are a sanctimonious a hole Yolanda. I had a feeling she would make it through the 16 hour reunion because she doesn't want anyone to talk about her without her shouting them down and shaming them for their lack of compassion. I feel like screaming at the tv " I was raised by an Irish Catholic mother and educated by nuns, you can't hurt me! I'm shame proof !"

• Love 16

I was raised by an Irish Catholic mother and educated by nuns, you can't hurt me! I'm shame proof !"

I got the Mexican Version of your life, along with Sister Mary Torquemada, I'm shame and bullet proof.

(At what age did you finally figure out god wasn't really watching you, he had other things on his plate?)

• Love 2

^ Did you see the preview for next week? When she starts in about others not wanting to be around sick people I really wanted to punch her in the nose. No one wants to be around you because you are a sanctimonious a hole Yolanda. I had a feeling she would make it through the 16 hour reunion because she doesn't want anyone to talk about her without her shouting them down and shaming them for their lack of compassion. I feel like screaming at the tv " I was raised by an Irish Catholic mother and educated by nuns, you can't hurt me! I'm shame proof !"

It's too bad nobody in this group had the balls to call her out. Lisa R. doesn't count she just performed self nullification.

• Love 3

I hope I don't regret this post. I'm not interest in arguing with anyone but I do want to share my personal experience with Dubai.

I have been there for work at least 2 dozen times, starting in the 90s. The people there are more modern than has been depicted on some of these posts. In the big, modern hotels pretty much anything goes. You can wear swimwear at the hotel beaches, and my husband and I have held hands and kissed. Nobody said a word or gave us the stink-eye.

Yes, in theory, I suppose we could have been arrested by the letter of the law, but the people there are friendly and let tourists do their own thing.

As in any foreign country, if you behave decently and are respectful of local customs (such as removing shoes in temples), I find you'll be okay.

This isn't to touch on slave labor, etc., but you're not gettting thrown in prison for not wearing a caftan.

Just my two cents.

• Love 6

If LVP knew how ridiculous she looked when she wears heels and tight pants - she'd have a bonfire in her back yard.

Now, I am not an expert on asses, but I have looked at them for a while and hers is one of the more entertaining from the standpoint of "that (bitch) doesn't have a mirror/someone that was honest with her/someone who hates her and would let her know."

First of all, when you walk in heels, you should walk erect, not like a baboon that is 65% ass..

You should walk with confidence, shoulders back, not afraid your ass is going to make you topple over backwards.

When your ass is THAT big, wear something that is going to not make it look like it's a big ass.

Wear something that won't make us think "Ken must have liked that ass about 25 pounds ago."

Wear something that won't make us think, "Lisa has a big ass" or "whoa, Lisa has a big ass".

Again, this is NOT an expert's opinion on a woman's hindquarters, I am only an observer.........

Oh ElDosEquis -- you slay!!!

Then you go to the duck hunting method..

Lure her in with a decoy, then hit her with both barrels.

You kindly ask her about how she feels, get her into a conversational mood, then you just start to slip in shit like, "you look good, you don't have makeup on - Gosh, you looked good in the makeup you had on last week".

For example, Lisa mentioning yoyo running all over BH on the scavenger hunt?

Instead of telling her, 'You were running around on the scavenger hunt"  it should have been something like "I can see that your health has declined since we were on the scavenger hunt".

No one has challenged her treatment regime - "Yo, exactly what did the monkey ball injections do for you?"

Sometimes the fastest way to shut someone up is to ask them A LOT of questions - act interested - they will trip themselves up without you having to.

Brilliant!  Again.

Blend Rinna's fish lips, Resnick's truly terrifying gills and their respective never-to-be-found-in-nature orange complexions and we may have a previously unseen sea creature.

faye-resnick-bio-photo.jpg?crop=0px%2C28

Faye Resnick's nostrils scare me.

• Love 3

I'm just a little curious as to why this trip was made to Dubai in the first place. I know that Kyle mentioned that Mauricio had just returned from Dubai and loved it. But why was Mauricio in Dubai alone in the first place. So I thought about this for a while and have concluded that Mauricio went to Dubai to invest there. Dubai is a tax-free city, with no income or capital gain tax. This makes it extremely attractive for people from all around the world to come and invest in property.

I'm just a little curious as to why this trip was made to Dubai in the first place. I know that Kyle mentioned that Mauricio had just returned from Dubai and loved it. But why was Mauricio in Dubai alone in the first place. So I thought about this for a while and have concluded that Mauricio went to Dubai to invest there. Dubai is a tax-free city, with no income or capital gain tax. This makes it extremely attractive for people from all around the world to come and invest in property.

It could also have been to meet a client there. Many ME's but property in Southern Cali.

I think there could have been a number of reasons why Mauricio, as a very successful realtor, could have been in Dubai (clients, partnerships, etc.).  But let's face it, it was used as a premise for Kyle introducing a comped trip to Dubai for the show.

• Love 5
(edited)

Beverly Hills has a huge, wealthy Iranian population whose playground is Dubai. No doubt Moe has business dealings with Persians and the tax haven would also be attractive to him. 

But Kyle likely has Iranian acquaintances in Beverly Hills who've told her how fabulous! and exclusive! Dubai is so she was all into that like a too tight wet suit.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

I'm just now watching this season because Hulu makes you wait a freaking year before they air it. So I'm wandering around in here getting everyone's take on things so you'll be getting "likes" from almost a year ago from me. You all make me laugh. :) 

• Love 2