Even more if it's hairy?

Cover it up with some sweater

or some sleeve, that would be better

Vagina, it's moved to the wrong place

It's moved north near her face

Let's just hope that it don't slip

and get closer to her lips!!!

• Love 2

I always found that people who were busy monitoring other people's work habits either didn't have enough work to do or weren't doing their own work and were petty bitches to boot. See Rinna.  Get a fucking life Rinna, stop waxing your butt on a dirty carpet (tm LVP) and inserting yourself into other people's story lines and create one of your own.

• Love 3

Well, maybe Bravo is doing something right after all.  Yolanda's thread here is usually the most active, and pretty much every other thread eventually works it's way back to Yolanda Yolanda Yolanda.   So, Bravo is giving the viewers what they apparently want, talk about Yolanda.

Personally, I'm bored by it,  but apparently I'm one of the exceptions that makes the rule.

ETA

As far as Yolanda not earning her money?  Ha!  Her thread is 92 pages long here. 

Kyle's has 29 pages, and she's been on the show from the jump.

The  only one that beats her as far as number of posts here?  Kim.  133 pages so far, and she wasn't even on this season.

Bravo's getting their money's worth, they like people on the show that get talked about by viewers.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6

Bravo's getting their money's worth, they like people on the show that get talked about by viewers.

If that were the case, Brandi and Kim would still be full time HWs, Jill would still be on the NY show and none of them are. So it isn't always about how much the fans are talking about each HW. Bravo does what it wants and it doesn't always make sense. LOL

• Love 8

If that were the case, Brandi and Kim would still be full time HWs, Jill would still be on the NY show and none of them are. So it isn't always about how much the fans are talking about each HW. Bravo does what it wants and it doesn't always make sense. LOL

I think it makes sense if you factor in the question of how easy the HW is to work with. Jill was a liability with her constantly trying to orchestrate the storylines as if she were a producer. Plus whatever attention her return might have garnered, her openly admitting to recording her appearance on WWHL seems to have pointed to her being a pain in the ass for production. 

Tamra Barney seems like the perfect example of producers' dream. She brings the drama but by most accounts she generally falls in line and knows her place with the production. It's always dangerous when the HW starts to think she's bigger than the show. That's only true in a very select cases (a Bethenny, LVP or a Nene), and even then I'm guessing those HWs were smart enough not to piss off the producers, just their castmates.

• Love 4

I think it makes sense if you factor in the question of how easy the HW is to work with. Jill was a liability with her constantly trying to orchestrate the storylines as if she were a producer. Plus whatever attention her return might have garnered, her openly admitting to recording her appearance on WWHL seems to have pointed to her being a pain in the ass for production. 

Tamra Barney seems like the perfect example of producers' dream. She brings the drama but by most accounts she generally falls in line and knows her place with the production. It's always dangerous when the HW starts to think she's bigger than the show. That's only true in a very select cases (a Bethenny, LVP or a Nene), and even then I'm guessing those HWs were smart enough not to piss off the producers, just their castmates.

I agree and that is why I said that Bravo doesn't base keeping/firing a HW based on viewer feedback. LOL

• Love 4

Brandi had nothing left to offer. She's always about 3 minutes from moving back home to her mom and dad's.  Kim was a drunken liability, although I think Bravo will bring her back if she can keep herself together.  Jill pissed off too many people and Andy just plain didn't like her.  Yolanda still has a lot to offer in terms of storyline.  She just needs to shut her yap about her illness, though, and give the viewers something else to talk about for 94 pages

Brandi and Kim were hated across the board with few exceptions. They proved that they were really trashy on the show AND in real life.  There was no denying what either of them were.  Yolanda certainly twists things and isn't perfect but so much has been said about her that is taken as 'gospel truth' and it's gotten kind of ridiculous.  Lots of ambiguity when it comes to Yolanda.  But when it comes to Brandy and Kim, it's pretty clear what they're about. 

• Love 3

People refused to film with Brandi, they banded together according to reports.  Kim and Jill were both nightmares for production.

That has nothing to do with someone like Yo.  Popularity among viewers, and especially TALK about people on their shows is publicity they can't buy.  If you don't think Bravo pays attention to which housewives the fan attention and reaction is going?

Imagine fits of giggles here.  Or a lovely orange bridge for sale for only three low monthly payments of $29.99~!

ETA

Or, what Ryebread said!  Ha.  Posting at the same time.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I agree and that is why I said that Bravo doesn't base keeping/firing a HW based on viewer feedback. LOL

Carlton and Joyce.  Just a for instance, using our forum here as an example.  They each inspired 2 pages of discussion. Two. They bored us, they bored TPTB.  Fired. Even if you loved Joyce, and many did, she didn't inspire any chatter.  Waste of Bravo salary.

On the other end of the spectrum, Kim at 133 pages and Yolanda at 94.  I think Kim HAD to be cut loose, because she was a liability.  She's like the poor man's Lindsay Lohan.  Yolanda is stirring the controversy, which TPTB love so I don't think they're going to let her go.  If it weren't for Yolanda, what would we be talking about? If the show isn't creating buzz, the brass knows something has to change.  Yolanda is creating the buzz.  She's not going anywhere. 

Kim also created the buzz but she was always buzzed and the network needed to cut her loose.  And it was for her own good, too.

IMO, Eileen will be the next to go.  Maybe Erika - but it will be because she wants to go and not because Bravo fires her.

ETA:  Oh, and Kathryn.  How did I forget Kathryn??  It's because she's so damn forgettable.  I think she'll be axed next.  Before Eileen. 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

ETA:  Oh, and Kathryn.  How did I forget Kathryn??  It's because she's so damn forgettable.  I think she'll be axed next.  Before Eileen.

I think TPTB will start treating Eileen like they did the Countess and make her contract play for pay. She's rather expensive right now.

• Love 7

I think TPTB will start treating Eileen like they did the Countess and make her contract play for pay. She's rather expensive right now.

I agree.  Eileen had the advantage the first season of having events at her home that were actually discussion worthy-even though they lacked all the players.  This year nothing, not a BBQ, a chance to show off Vince's new game, card night or anything else of any interest.  Rinna will use Eileen up to keep her spot on the show.  Eileen's claim of "choosing her words carefully" will come back to haunt her.  Sorry Eileen you either need to play for pay or join Adrienne and Camille in the corner.  Be there like third string quarterbacks for back up. 

I have yet to see demonstrative evidence where Eileen was given this disproportionate amount of money to come on the show.  It is a good rumor to have floating around out there.  The rumor was essentially she was being paid triple Brandi, who at the time and until the bitter end was certainly the fire starter of the cast.

• Love 11

I think Eileen got more money because she's been a steadily working actress for over 30 years, and because of that?  She has a better agent negotiating her contracts.

The Countess was made a "friend of" for going on strike with a few other wives for more money, they caved in and signed without telling her they were doing that, leaving her as the sacrificial lamb to be spanked. 

Eileen is boring though, there were sparks with Brandi, but Brandi's gone (for now.) 

• Love 2

I think that the 'yo hate' does stem from her showing up and then leaving - she shows up just enough times to hit the number of events she needs to show up at and then bails - under the guise of 'not feeling well'.

[snip]

No.  She is a liar and they all know that. 

• Love 15

I think Eileen has the same problem that I believe Kim Fields on RHOA has. They both have had successful careers and are not going to jeopardize future acting/directing jobs by acting like they've totally lost their minds on a reality show. But, I could be wrong because they both also seem to be boring. So it could be that.

• Love 12

Carlton and Joyce.  Just a for instance, using our forum here as an example.  They each inspired 2 pages of discussion. Two. They bored us, they bored TPTB.  Fired. Even if you loved Joyce, and many did, she didn't inspire any chatter.  Waste of Bravo salary.

Well, to be fair this forum didn't really take off until TWoP ended on 5/31/14. And Season 4, when Joyce and Carlton appeared, ended 4/7/14. But you do make a good point, ryebread.  Kim and Yolanda get the most comments on this site.

There's something about people who trigger our sense of injustice and/or make us feel we're being manipulated that really get the conversation started. But at the same time, for me anyway, there has to be some resolution. Kim never developed any insight but at least she got fired. I don't think I can take another season of Yolanda's lies.

As for Dubai, after reading the travel tips posted upthread, as someone who has grown up in the USA, it was really hard to wrap my head around the harshness of the laws there. Erica's husband's legal expertise wouldn't be relevant there. And low-cut caftans would not be considered modest. It's actually quite scary to read about what tourists have been locked up there for, eg. being raped. Why the heck is Bravo highlighting the UAE as a travel destination!

Edited by Mannahatta
  • Love 9

On this forum, we talk about what is going on in the show. What the drama is. What they are showing us. Kim isn't that interesting in her own right, and neither is Yo. They get more talk on the forum because the seasons are built around their drama, but also because of their off camera antics. If Yo hadn't given us reason to doubt her in her real life - if it was all about the show, there wouldn't be as much to discuss. Same with Kim. As others have pointed out, if this forum had been really going since the beginning, you would see far more comments about Kyle from seasons one through 3, and for LVP for seasons two and three than you ever would for Yo or Kim.

• Love 13

When Erica was defending her fake friend Yo for the umpteenth time, while in Dubai, by saying, "Of course she's sick or she'd be here! Who would rather be at home when they can be here?" I was thinking, Me! I'd rather be home than in Dubai. F that!

• Love 14

On this forum, we talk about what is going on in the show. What the drama is. What they are showing us. Kim isn't that interesting in her own right, and neither is Yo. They get more talk on the forum because the seasons are built around their drama, but also because of their off camera antics. If Yo hadn't given us reason to doubt her in her real life - if it was all about the show, there wouldn't be as much to discuss. Same with Kim. As others have pointed out, if this forum had been really going since the beginning, you would see far more comments about Kyle from seasons one through 3, and for LVP for seasons two and three than you ever would for Yo or Kim.

Following your vein. . . prior to Kim's arrests Brandi was the clear leader in pages of comments.  Kim eclipsed and lapped brandi and there is so much discussion of Kyle intermingled in the Kim pages.  Yolanda's pages grew over the courtesy of posters who wanted to discuss Lyme Disease.  If Yolanda's pages were divided into Lyme Disease and Yolanda centric issues the Lyme Disease would far out weigh the other Yolanda stuff.  Even her carefully orchestrated divorce didn't garner that many pages.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

When Erica was defending her fake friend Yo for the umpteenth time, while in Dubai, by saying, "Of course she's sick or she'd be here! Who would rather be at home when they can be here?" I was thinking, Me! I'd rather be home than in Dubai. F that!

The "morality police" here don't have street patrols?

Following your vein. . . prior to Kim's arrests Brandi was the clear leader in pages of comments.  Kim eclipsed and lapped brandi and there is so much discussion of Kyle intermingled in the Kim pages.  Yolanda's pages grew over the courtesy of posters who wanted to discuss Lyme Disease.  If Yolanda's pages were divided into Lyme Disease and Yolanda centric issues the Lyme Disease would far out weigh the other Yolanda stuff.  Even her carefully orchestrated divorce didn't garner that many pages.

For me it's less about Lyme and more about being a lying asshole and the inconsistencies in her 'stories' about implants, surgeries, treatments and such? I know they all stem from her HAVING HAD Lyme, but some of the stupidity that has come out of her mouth, the people who have supported her and the people who haven't said jack are the people that interest me?

• Love 9

For me it's less about Lyme and more about being a lying asshole and the inconsistencies in her 'stories' about implants, surgeries, treatments and such? I know they all stem from her HAVING HAD Lyme, but some of the stupidity that has come out of her mouth, the people who have supported her and the people who haven't said jack are the people that interest me?

yep

Come on...how stupid did the HWs look protesting the Yulin Festival at the church.  They marched in the wrong direction. Hilarious. Nobody wants to snark that?  Is this the world we live in?

It was touched on briefly but the subject they were protesting makes stopping to soon (they did not go in wrong direction) in front of a church less offensive/snark worthy and at least they did make it to the Chinese Embassy on film.  

Still snarkworthy.  They stood in front of a church and shouted at it's closed and quiet façade.  Now if Yolanda had done it we'd be on page 98.

The Yulin Festival *is* such an important thing to protest.  That's why I'm surprised the HWs (past and present - Hello Joyce and Gretchen!) made it into such a circus.  Complete with selfies and the Bravo production staff barking directions to the protesters. 

Someone upthread said that Yolanda's fundraiser in NYC was probably all done for Bravo's cameras.  I disagree because that looked like a thousand people or more, dressed to the nines, eating expensive looking food from expensive looking dishes on expensive looking tables. Bravo wouldn't foot the bill for that. And if they did, they must really love Yolanda. This Yulin protest, was loaded with production people, boom mikes and directors with megaphones. Though I'm sure Lisa Vanderpump raised some awareness with this march, (good job), she also raised awareness about Lisa Vanderpump. Reminds me of her Gay Pride parade. 

(At about the 14:58 mark she takes credit for Marriage Equality!  Because "as you know, I fought for LGBT rights, and look what happened!...")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs1qb8L98Es

The first 15 seconds of that video reminded me of why I loved to hate Joyce.  She's so hyper aware of every move she makes.  Watch how she plants her feet. Too funny.  However, Kyle?  Joyce's hair is ten times more luscious than yours.

• Love 5

Still snarkworthy.  They stood in front of a church and shouted at it's closed and quiet façade.  Now if Yolanda had done it we'd be on page 98.

The Yulin Festival *is* such an important thing to protest.  That's why I'm surprised the HWs (past and present - Hello Joyce and Gretchen!) made it into such a circus.  Complete with selfies and the Bravo production staff barking directions to the protesters. 

Someone upthread said that Yolanda's fundraiser in NYC was probably all done for Bravo's cameras.  I disagree because that looked like a thousand people or more, dressed to the nines, eating expensive looking food from expensive looking dishes on expensive looking tables. Bravo wouldn't foot the bill for that. And if they did, they must really love Yolanda. This Yulin protest, was loaded with production people, boom mikes and directors with megaphones. Though I'm sure Lisa Vanderpump raised some awareness with this march, (good job), she also raised awareness about Lisa Vanderpump. Reminds me of her Gay Pride parade. 

(At about the 14:58 mark she takes credit for Marriage Equality!  Because "as you know, I fought for LGBT rights, and look what happened!...")

The first 15 seconds of that video reminded me of why I loved to hate Joyce.  She's so hyper aware of every move she makes.  Watch how she plants her feet. Too funny.  However, Kyle?  Joyce's hair is ten times more luscious than yours.

I am not feeling a 1,000 person event I think 500 would be generous. It was on a Thursday night. Was it done just for Bravo cameras-no but I think it factored in.  Compare David's foundation last year with Bravo and pre-announcement of the same to this year-drop of 2 million buck s or 25% in money raised.  You had four heavy, heavy hitters, Anheuser Busch, Tommy Hilfiger, David Foster and Tommy Mottola all trotting out the stories of their dear wives and daughters struggle with Lyme Disease although everyone has recovered except Yolanda.  Hilfiger daughter has a book coming out, at the time of the gala he launched a Hilfiger x Gigi line and it has been relaunched right after the show aired, Hilfiger's daughter has a book coming out on May about her struggle, which were resolved in time for her to get pregnant-stay tuned if that baby has trouble, Thalia, is a constant promotion and her ages old book had one chapter mentioning her struggle with Lyme Disease-over a decade ago.  It was not a gala-it was corporate dressy-except Erika who decided on streetwalker chic.  It sounded to me like a lot of attend my event and I will attend yours.  Will it be repeated-probably not.  Hey Bravo passed on David's event this year as did Yolanda. 

• Love 7

I wouldn't go off of how many pages a HW thread has in judging their popularity or viewer interest.

One of the most active threads on this site is for one of the lowest rated shows. Hence, there's no correlation between viewer interest or popularity - perhaps just the attraction of lengthy posts and posters with high activity / chattiness or desire to connect with a human.

• Love 10

I agree to an extent but I think that the march was dual purpose, both to bring awareness to something near and dear to LisaV on a national scale and also for production. Lisa has been outspoken about dog abuse for years, she was tweeting about it season 1 of the show, so it is a passion for her and something she is very dedicated to. Much like her dedication to " Marriage Equality", something she has been very vocal about since before there even was a RHBH show, she was speaking about doing all that she can/could to see her wishes/dreams come to fruition. LisaV doesn't just talk the talk, she also walks the walks, puts her money where her mouth is and speaks out even when doing so is not popular with the masses.

As for Yolanda/Gala. No, production did not pay for or arrange that, the families of the award/recognition recipients were the ones that bought and paid for that gala. AND I have no doubts that it was scheduled to coincide with the BH filming schedule so that Yolanda getting her bought and paid for award would be seen on the show.

• Love 13

Yolanda's pages grew over the courtesy of posters who wanted to discuss Lyme Disease.  If Yolanda's pages were divided into Lyme Disease and Yolanda centric issues the Lyme Disease would far out weigh the other Yolanda stuff.  Even her carefully orchestrated divorce didn't garner that many pages.

Doesn't matter.  She was still inspiring chatter.  That's what matters to advertisers, etc. Say what you will about Yolanda, but at the beginning of the season many of us admitted to knowing nothing about Lyme Disease but - hot tickety, we're damn near experts now.  Then Yolanda got weird and the posts got too heavy and weird and mean and we lost some good posters - a couple of whom have LD.  And ours wasn't the only board this happened to.  Bravo loves this shit - they have no boundaries. 

Even if you erased all the serious posts in the Yo thread.  And then took all the posts about her from the episode threads and put them into the Yo thread, she'd exceed 94 pages that's for sure. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't go off of how many pages a HW thread has in judging their popularity or viewer interest.

One of the most active threads on this site is for one of the lowest rated shows. Hence, there's no correlation between viewer interest or popularity - perhaps just the attraction of lengthy posts and posters with high activity / chattiness or desire to connect with a human.

Now I'm curious, petunia.  Which show? 

I'm not saying the number of pages has anything to do with viewer interest or popularity.  I'm saying the HW that generates the most buzz isn't likely to get fired.  Unless she's a danger to herself or others or poses another kind of production risk.

• Love 1

Doesn't matter.  She was still inspiring chatter.  That's what matters to advertisers, etc. Say what you will about Yolanda, but at the beginning of the season many of us admitted to knowing nothing about Lyme Disease but - hot tickety, we're damn near experts now.  Then Yolanda got weird and the posts got too heavy and weird and mean and we lost some good posters - a couple of whom have LD.  And ours wasn't the only board this happened to.  Bravo loves this shit - they have no boundaries. 

Even if you erased all the serious posts in the Yo thread.  And then took all the posts about her from the episode threads and put them into the Yo thread, she'd exceed 94 pages that's for sure. 

I guess I don't get your beef.  You came back demanding people snark at a peaceful protest against eating pet dogs.   I guess I didn't find it all that comment worthy since your nemesis Kyle mentioned they stopped at the wrong place during the protest.  Maybe some comments on her back fat, or uneven eyes would have made for some thumbs up comments about the protest.   

As to Yolanda, I think another poster stated it best-a comment directed at LVP fat ass is not a blanket comment about all big butts.  Same with Yolanda and her alleged Lyme Disease, speaking against Yolanda's freight train of misinformation on Lyme Disease, it is not meant as Lyme Disease on a case by case basis and hopefully, posters who have dealt with the disease do not take it that way.

Now I'm curious, petunia.  Which show? 

I'm not saying the number of pages has anything to do with viewer interest or popularity.  I'm saying the HW that generates the most buzz isn't likely to get fired.  Unless she's a danger to herself or others or poses another kind of production risk.

Except the two RHBH with the largest number of pages Brandi and Kim did get fired.

• Love 14

What?

In some countries in the Middle East, they had what was called the 'morality police'. They were in charge of crime against morality, like showing your ankles, not covering your head, listening to music, driving, drinking, eating pork.....If you were caught, they'd flog you on the spot and go on their merry way. The 'force' was usually thugs and criminals enforcing the 'laws of Islam' that is why the M.E. isn't a fun place to go and if you do, you better be on your best behavior.

• Love 6

In some countries in the Middle East, they had what was called the 'morality police'. They were in charge of crime against morality, like showing your ankles, not covering your head, listening to music, driving, drinking, eating pork.....If you were caught, they'd flog you on the spot and go on their merry way. The 'force' was usually thugs and criminals enforcing the 'laws of Islam' that is why the M.E. isn't a fun place to go and if you do, you better be on your best behavior.

Thanks for the explanation! Sorry for my confusion!

I guess I don't get your beef.  You came back demanding people snark at a peaceful protest against eating pet dogs.   I guess I didn't find it all that comment worthy since your nemesis Kyle mentioned they stopped at the wrong place during the protest.  Maybe some comments on her back fat, or uneven eyes would have made for some thumbs up comments about the protest.  

You mad, bro?  I didn't demand anything.  I was hoping to come back and find that the majority of posts NOT be about Yolanda.  And that there must be something, anything, else to talk about.  I was surprised that this episode wasn't even Yoccentric, yet it was named for her and the majority of the dozen pages here, are about her.  And here we are again.  Funny.  Like I said, Bravo LOVES this shit.

Except the two RHBH with the largest number of pages Brandi and Kim did get fired.

Brandi and Kim were liabilities - didn't matter how many pages they generated.  They had to go.  Yolanda isn't causing the network one iota of trouble from what I can see.  She's staying.  She needs the job and/or the ego stroke. 

• Love 4

Let's face it.  The only reason why they went to Dubai was because the morally corrupt production company struck a deal with the hotel they were staying at for a free comp.  Delta threw in free airfare to promote themselves and their Elite Members program.  When a hotel, airline, club, etc. gets it's logo shown, it's on the house.

I don't think any of these housewives are knowledgeable to know what goes on many Middle Eastern countries and their ideologies and treatment of women and gays.  Note to Lisa and Erika on the gays.  Personally, I'd never go there

• Love 13

You mad, bro?  I didn't demand anything.  I was hoping to come back and find that the majority of posts NOT be about Yolanda.  And that there must be something, anything, else to talk about.  I was surprised that this episode wasn't even Yoccentric, yet it was named for her and the majority of the dozen pages here, are about her.  And here we are again.  Funny.  Like I said, Bravo LOVES this shit.

Brandi and Kim were liabilities - didn't matter how many pages they generated.  They had to go.  Yolanda isn't causing the network one iota of trouble from what I can see.  She's staying.  She needs the job and/or the ego stroke. 

Well, I disagree, she is.  Essentially she is a buzzkill no one wants to film with-except Erika and Erika's only meat is to carry tales back from the others.  Sickbed filming only goes so far and then it is not a storyline.  Little skypes with the successful models are probably best left for the other show that was mentioned in a blind item at the beginning of the season.  Yolanda dictated the direction of the show from her sick bed this season and ratings at best were flat if not falling.  She wanted to be center ring but her story didn't bring it.  She had another direction the exit of her husband and she faked it just like the content of her famous fridge.  That becomes a problem for the network.  LuAnn not revealing her long term relationship unraveling cost her an apple for a season and Yolanda really played dirty when she not only withheld the decline of her marriage but announce the demise of it on premiere day-so as to garner all the publicity.  She is not the network's darling. 

• Love 13

But, IMO, it was Yolanda "centric" because of the "Gala". A fair amount of the episode was dedicated to her, that bought/paid for event and because of that alone, it was more about Yolanda than LisaV/march, packing for/going to/arriving in Dubai.  What we see/hear on the show drives our conversations here and Bravo is driving the Yolanda pack mule caravan right now and we are seeing the piles she/Bravo leave behind as that caravan passes. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11

But, IMO, it was Yolanda "centric" because of the "Gala". A fair amount of the episode was dedicated to her, that bought/paid for event and because of that alone, it was more about Yolanda than LisaV/march, packing for/going to/arriving in Dubai.  What we see/hear on the show drives our conversations here and Bravo is driving the Yolanda pack mule caravan right now and we are seeing the piles she/Bravo leave behind as that caravan passes. LOL

So true!

The PR stunt called a gala was nothing but a bought and paid for award for Yo's bogus journey (the sickest victim ever yet still a crusader...lol). She doesn't educate anyone on lyme and actually spreads misinformation. She is a public health threat and it's sad to see how some people are still blind to it (it seems like a willing blindness due to a rigid mindset....ignore scientific data and make excuses/rationalizations). A dumbing down of society----let's just believe celebrities because we like them or they are on tv and we believe everything we hear on tv. I'm exaggerating but not by much. This is different then opinions...I'm talking about facts.

• Love 10

Thanks for the link to these rules.  I was completely in the dark about all of them.  I think that the one that surprised me the most was the one about smoking.  No smoking in public during nighttime hours.  For some reason, I would think that would be just the opposite.  I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.  Very interesting.

Thanks for the link to these rules.  I was completely in the dark about all of them.  I think that the one that surprised me the most was the one about smoking.  No smoking in public during nighttime hours.  For some reason, I would think that would be just the opposite.  I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.  Very interesting.

That list is not that accurate. As long as you smoke in a designated location of which there are many you are fine. In recent years they have become tougher on smoking in restaurants and cafes but the laws are similar to most places in the US.

Not to mention, Kyle is the only one of these women that I ever remember coming right out and telling us and the world that they had had liposuction. When she was so honest about that in the beginning of S2, I was shocked. These ho'wives don't admit to nothing for the most part. We can see from looking at their faces that they are using fillers and Botox, and yet still they deny it.  Kyle didn't have to tell anyone she had done the surgery route; she could have said pretended her slimmer body came by way of diet and exercise, yet she was honest.  I loved that. 

I don't recall any/much denying being done on this show. Hell, Adrienne had a whole section of her house dedicated to doing procedures on faces and such.

Thank you, jaync.  In the promotional materials for S1, LVP was quoted as saying she'd "buckets of Botox". Taylor freely talked about her gaping maw and facial injections, no doubt as part of her succeed-in-the-Hills-of-Beverly aspirations.  Kim? Nose job. Kyle? Beyond her pudge removal we know of 1 nose job (altho pix over the years suggest she's had more or at least a significant refinement to the initial snipping because that schnozz has morphed). Rinna wrote a book in which she described her Mommy Makeover that included her belly and boobs. Eileen hasn't said much but images of her from her soapy years suggest her nose has gone several rounds -- too much (I think) -- it's got those dents down the side near the nostrils that looks like overly aggressive work. Some of these women are more candid than others but deny?

• Love 4

Ode to an Underarm Vagina.

The one thing I see from where I sit

Is the idea of Rinna's under arm pit

Or let me say there's nothing fine-a

Than her under the arm va-gin-a

A vagina misplaced, now that's scary

Even more if it's hairy?

Cover it up with some sweater

or some sleeve, that would be better

Vagina, it's moved to the wrong place

It's moved north near her face

Let's just hope that it don't slip

and get closer to her lips!!!

El D, you must stop! In my head, the tune to "Carolina in the Morning" is now on repeat but with the words:

Nothin' could be fine-a than to be in her vagina in the moooo-o-o-rning.

You are a bad bad person!

• Love 1

Thank you, jaync.  In the promotional materials for S1, LVP was quoted as saying she'd "buckets of Botox". Taylor freely talked about her gaping maw and facial injections, no doubt as part of her succeed-in-the-Hills-of-Beverly aspirations.  Kim? Nose job. Kyle? Beyond her pudge removal we know of 1 nose job (altho pix over the years suggest she's had more or at least a significant refinement to the initial snipping because that schnozz has morphed). Rinna wrote a book in which she described her Mommy Makeover that included her belly and boobs. Eileen hasn't said much but images of her from her soapy years suggest her nose has gone several rounds -- too much (I think) -- it's got those dents down the side near the nostrils that looks like overly aggressive work. Some of these women are more candid than others but deny?

I think for the most part "deny" is the right word. Every time I see either Taylor or Brandi being interviewed they are always asked about the most recent work they've had done on their face. The answer is always exactly the same - nothing. Kathryn denied to Lisar that she has ever done anything except Botox, which I just don't believe. LVP has said she does Botox, but denies anything else. I just don't believe it. They might admit to the Botox, but few of them are going to admit to all that they are doing.

• Love 1

I think for the most part "deny" is the right word. Every time I see either Taylor or Brandi being interviewed they are always asked about the most recent work they've had done on their face. The answer is always exactly the same - nothing. Kathryn denied to Lisar that she has ever done anything except Botox, which I just don't believe. LVP has said she does Botox, but denies anything else. I just don't believe it. They might admit to the Botox, but few of them are going to admit to all that they are doing.

Guess we disagree then as I think for the most part "deny" is the wrong word as I find them candid (again, some more so than others) about their endless and not always flattering tune ups. NB: I haven't seen a Taylor or Brandi interview since they departed as FT cast members so no idea as to what they say now (don't really care either since both appear infrequently enough to not really have an impact on my adventures in viewing.)

LisaV has said she does Botox and fillers, she denied having a facelift when Brandi tried to suggest she did. The only one that denies having regular work done is Brandi.

• Love 3

http://www.realityviews.in/2010/01/going-to-dubai-know-41-laws-do-and.html

The rules in Dubai.  This is pretty scary really, it was posted in the reunion thread, but since the reunion isn't in Dubai, I thought I'd bring it here.

So what I got from that is if I ever go to Dubai, I probably should never leave the hotel. Not sure I trust myself in a place where I can't freely drop an F bomb or two if the situation calls for it, lol.

• Love 1

SO TRUE!

But this is also something that shouldn't be condoned.

I always hate the mentality of "on principle" especially when people want to implement this idea unfairly and only view it through their own biased minds. That's why minding your own business is a great rule of thumb since you never really know ALL the variables and ESPECIALLY when it doesn't TRULY affect you at all.

We clearly disagree on the idea of whether or not Yolanda's shenanigans have an effect on the women in the group. We also disagree on the idea that these women are legitimately co-workers who do actual work. 

The problem with Yolanda doing something like not showing for Erika's dinner makes other coworkers like Rinna go 'Hey, I have other things that I'd rather do than drive out to Pasadena to go to work but I'm showing up because this is how the show works and this is how they get footage.' It's so nervy of Yolanda to think that her unwillingness to show or her decisions to leave early aren't having an effect on production.

It's so arrogant too for her to not see that the women are in fact doing more work when they're doing more filming. Filming isn't easy, there's always pressure (as Yolanda well knows), dinners can become flat out ordeals and this is what they signed up for. Yolanda is getting out of a lot of the work and she's likely going to pull the same shit at the reunion again--something they can all admit is grueling. I don't understand how it isn't seen as work when even Yolanda acknowledges it as a job. 

I definitely disagree that this is about coworkers who are picking on somebody without having just cause. If Yolanda isn't well enough to film then she shouldn't be on the show. Simple as that IMO. 

Yolanda's just living her fucking life, it's everyone around her that keeps trying to mold it into more than it is and what it is at it's worst is a woman who's sick. Is dealing with it and those around her the way SHE wants to. Addresses chatter and whispers about HER. Accommodates what she can of a flexible contract SHE hashed out with HER employer and is dealing with HUGE life changes during filming in bizarre ways. Maybe she's not handling it as graceful as we or her coworkers would like but it's surely not in any manner that TRULY affects their livelihood or well being in the big scheme of things.

I disagree with pretty much all of this. IMO Yolanda isn't just living her life. She's forcing others to dance to her tune and then they get lectured and blasted publicly for not being sympathetic enough to something that frankly doesn't make any sense. 

As far as Yolanda not earning her money?  Ha!  Her thread is 92 pages long here.

Kyle's has 29 pages, and she's been on the show from the jump.

The  only one that beats her as far as number of posts here?  Kim.  133 pages so far, and she wasn't even on this season.

Brandi and Kim** have super long threads with a lot of views too but it doesn't necessarily mean that most viewers want them back on the show. Yolanda's thread is long because a bunch of people are sick of her and are ready to see her off of the show. Outside of this site I've seen plenty of acknowledgement that the episodes grind to a halt when it's just about her and her medical drama. 

**Kim's thread in particular got long because of a bunch of stuff that happened away from the show. 

• Love 9

So what I got from that is if I ever go to Dubai, I probably should never leave the hotel. Not sure I trust myself in a place where I can't freely drop an F bomb or two if the situation calls for it, lol.

I would probably do the same with 23 restaurants and the swimming with the seals on site who needs anything more?  I guess one might have to leave for a camel ride.  Since it is 115 degrees seems logical to stay indoors.

• Love 2

El D, you must stop! In my head, the tune to "Carolina in the Morning" is now on repeat but with the words:

Nothin' could be fine-a than to be in her vagina in the moooo-o-o-rning.

You are a bad bad person!

Vagina is like the word 'orange' - you have to be creative to find a rhyme for it?

I was thinking about my next piece and it may be Maria Muldaur's "Midnight at the Oasis"?

"Midnight at the Oasis,

Put those assholes to bed......."

• Love 2