Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Lymes In The Sand

• Start Topic

If you had a co-worker (because let's be honest, that's what these people are, not friends, with a few exceptions), who kept begging off of work by saying "I'm sick! I'm sick!" and threw a passive aggressive pity party every time you saw them ("Oh, you look so...well"), would you be pissed if you saw photos of them on Instagram doing other fun things? I doubt LVP wanted to go to Erika's dinner party but she did because she was contractually obligated. Yolanda gets out of contractual filming obligations by doing what she does best, manipulating everyone with her (possibly/probably fake) illness.

Are you a psychic? Or a witch? This is literally my office. Our admin assistants are in open revolt because one of the admins is constantly calling in sick, sometimes coming in when she's called in sick to attend group birthday parties, to pick up things ordered from kid's catalogue fundraisers, or to attend zumba at the office gym, and loudly complaining about her illnesses when she's in. Even the admins who are friendly with her are keeping track of her every movement. They are friends with her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and Instagram because they feel like if they can present her boss with enough evidence her boss will have to fire her. But her boss has enough to fire her now and just doesn't want to for whatever reason.

The things that the women all admit are the hardest to film are the reunions, the trips, and the parties in that order. Yolanda has been allowed to miss out on the hardest aspects of her job and the women were pissed. On Atlanta, the women banded together and got Kim Z. bounced from the cast because she couldn't and wouldn't film and she was pregnant.

I think the thing that Rinna is so inarticulately stating is that if you know you get tired easily and only have so much energy, why would you waste it on spending time in away that doesn't pay your bills with two assholes who are equally likely to turn on you as to support you. The other thing I think bothers Rinna is that Yolanda is not the least bit empathetic towards the challenges and struggles that the other women go through. They've all had struggles and still manage to show up for work. They haven't had to deal with a chronic illness, but they've still had issues. Kyle has to struggle with family issues of estrangement and dealing with Kim. We know how much that has troubled her. Eileen has her sister hide her illness and pass away. Yolanda doesn't do empathy. Yolanda is only empathetic if it ultimately benefits her.

• Love 15

This season got a new housewife half way through because no one but Yolanda was doing anything half interesting, and she was "too sick" for her to be fully exploited by producers. Lisa taking a swan with diarrhea to the vet was boooriiing, and I can't remember what anyone else did during the first half of the season. Lisar sold coats on home shopping network or something. Kyle did ...?

• Love 2

So you seriously believe that if one of the wives talked about something personal they wouldn't air it?

Lipsa says she's tired of sticking a dildo up Harry's butt, and has a younger lover on the side?

Eileen confessing that Vince's gambling is an issue between them and she is sick of working all the time, or hopes that now Vince's rich daddy is dead she can retire?

Lisa talking about worries about Ken's downward turn since his hip surgery?

Kyle talking about some wild party one of her daughter's attended or talking about how fun it is to finally be legitimately rich?

Kathryn talking about her painful divorce from Marcus and how it made it hard for her to trust again?

Whatever?

Because I disagree.  It would air.  Also, obviously I am only giving examples here, not saying any of that happened.  Whatever IS happening in their lives though?  We have no idea, because all the do it gossip about Yo, Kim, and sometimes, Brandi.

Lipsa is ENRAGED that Yo didn't attend a dinner and had a birthday lunch with Kim and Brandi?

Seriously folks?

ETA

This is not an endorsement of Bravo's crappy editing, what I'm saying here is that these "wives" have a tacit agreement to not disclose EACH OTHERS lives, other than the yearly gang up (hysterically about which one of them is BEHIND the gossip about Yo!,) and gossiping about people who aren't there.

Yawn.

Yes, all of the women have a say about what they want to share on the show about their personal struggles to a degree but if production thought for 1 minute that LisaR/Harry were into some twisted sex stuff, they would build something around that. If production had even a whiff that Yolanda's/David's marriage was a sham (as we now know it was) they would have run with that. Yolanda chose, yes she chose, to make her illness her main/sole storyline this season and the fact that production keeps showing us contrasting film of her doing things she claims she hasn't done in X months tells us they decided to out Yolanda for whatever reason this season. Production drives the show storyline, not the HWs.

• Love 8

This season got a new housewife half way through because no one but Yolanda was doing anything half interesting, and she was "too sick" for her to be fully exploited by producers. Lisa taking a swan with diarrhea to the vet was boooriiing, and I can't remember what anyone else did during the first half of the season. Lisar sold coats on home shopping network or something. Kyle did ...?

They got a new HW late because Yolanda's friend, Simpson, could not do the show. Both original newbies were friends of Yolanda's, the show storyline by/with production was to focus on Yolanda from the get go this season..

• Love 8

Yolanda may have chosen her Lyme story, but that doesn't mean every other wife has to endlessly TALK about it.

It's bad enough when Yo does, but that's been the story for all of them all season long.

• Love 3

I wonder if it's a cultural thing.  My inlaws are German, and EVERYTHING they do is "the best".  They sent their kids to the best school district, their car is the best, they got the best deal on their house, everything they do is the best way to do it, they always have the best meats, etc, etc. AND they are experts about everything too.  Visits with them are exhausting!

I think it's just how your inlaws are (no offense). My Father's family is all German and my Grandmother was a make due with what you are blessed with kind of woman. My Grandfather was that way too. 

Edited because I can't type today

Edited by Rainny
  • Love 5

Yolanda may have chosen her Lyme story, but that doesn't mean every other wife has to endlessly TALK about it.

It's bad enough when Yo does, but that's been the story for all of them all season long.

Do I wish they would have focused on something else, YES! LOL But that is not what the producers wanted. The producers chose to make Yolanda/LD/CLD/NLD/whatever it is as the main story for all the HWs and almost everything else was edited out. What I don't get is that, Yolanda could have used her/David's separation as her storyline but ran with her questionable illness instead and she kept doing the stupid tweets saying something different than what was really happening. It was as if she amped up her sickie tweets right before and during filming to encourage the HWs to talk about her illness instead of her failed marriage, again controlling everyone else's narrative.

ETA.......IMO, Yolanda wanted the season to be about her and no one else and that she is doing so to try and force a change in who the fan favorite is. She wants to take down LisaV and Kyle for good.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

They don't have to play along with Yolanda or the producers though.  Don't talk about Munchhausen or Yo when she's not there. The producers can't put words in the HWs mouths. "Poor Yo - the Lymes, oh my!" would've been flat after awhile.  Kyle didn't have to ask about the kids, LVP could've said, "I don't know."  Are those two getting fired?  I don't think so.

• Love 6

Do I wish they would have focused on something else, YES! LOL But that is not what the producers wanted. The producers chose to make Yolanda/LD/CLD/NLD/whatever it is as the main story for all the HWs and almost everything else was edited out. What I don't get is that, Yolanda could have used her/David's separation as her storyline but ran with her questionable illness instead and she kept doing the stupid tweets saying something different than what was really happening. It was as if she amped up her sickie tweets right before and during filming to encourage the HWs to talk about her illness instead of her failed marriage, again controlling everyone else's narrative.

ETA.......IMO, Yolanda wanted the season to be about her and no one else and that she is doing so to try and force a change in who the fan favorite is. She wants to take down LisaV and Kyle for good.

I think Yowoe's strategy backfired based on the 99% of the posts on here that are fed up with her and her Lyme-aid story. Another thought, why does LR have to always refer to Harry as "Harry Hamlin"? Is that her way of getting him free publicity?

• Love 8

They don't have to play along with Yolanda or the producers though.  Don't talk about Munchhausen or Yo when she's not there. The producers can't put words in the HWs mouths. "Poor Yo - the Lymes, oh my!" would've been flat after awhile.  Kyle didn't have to ask about the kids, LVP could've said, "I don't know."  Are those two getting fired?  I don't think so.

Most of the HW contracts are now a pay by the episode set up, so if the HW is cut from an episode, they loose pay. In order to get their paychecks, they have to make it past editing. No one though JillZ would get fired either, many wanted her gone from the show but most never thought it would happen, I don't think any HW, save Bethenny, is safe from the chopping block now days. LOL That said, I really do wish they would have handled this Yolanda/illness/lies better but it is what it is at this point. LOL 

• Love 3

I think Yowoe's strategy backfired based on the 99% of the posts on here that are fed up with her and her Lyme-aid story. Another thought, why does LR have to always refer to Harry as "Harry Hamlin"? Is that her way of getting him free publicity?

She thinks it cute and witty.  She got that from Julia Roberts who calls her husband Danny Moder all the time.  I think she did it originally so people would know his name and not become Mr Julia Roberts.  It is adorable when Julia does it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I don't have much more to add to what's already been said.

If Erica's glam squad put together a look book for her to take to Dubai, then why did she have to have them go with her? Is she that dumb?

Speaking of dumb ... Kathryn showing up to dinner in a short black lacy dress in a Muslim country because she wanted to "stand out," (or whatever asinine excuse she used.)  Lisa R was pushing it with the one exposed shoulder. (Wasn't Eileen's strapless, or did I temporarily lose my eyesight and common sense when I saw her appear at the airport in her overalls?) Kyle actually did do something right for once by packing the extra "caftan" gifts in the event of such fashion faux pas, although she should have handed Eileen's off to her at the airport.

• Love 5

She thinks it cute and witty. She got that from Julia Roberts who calls her husband Danny Moder all the time. I think she did it originally so people would know his name and not become Mr Julia Roberts. It is adorable when Julia does it.

I've known other couples where the wife has always used the husband's full name when referring to him. I'm hoping that Rinna isn't copying Julia Roberts because Julia Roberts was such an obnoxious hateful cow when she got together with Danny Moder.

Both Kathryn and Erica were dumb. I thought Erica was putting together her look book so she wouldn't be carting her make up and fashion gays to a potentially inhospitable and dangerous situation. And Kathryn in the short dress was the height of stupidity.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

When Kyle was crying at the Lyme Disease awards thing, I couldn't help but wish we could've seen what the white linen napkin must've looked like.  I can't even imagine how much orange makeup probably forever stained that poor napkin.

• Love 10

Lisa and Kyle went to Italy with their families in the first part of the season.  That was before the Nicky Hilton wedding, and the whole thing about whether Kyle and her family were invited.

ETA:  And, there was the trip to the Hamptons, and, of course, the conversation Eileen will never let die about her affair.  And Bethenny.  She was there, too. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

We have to ask ourselves why the producers are so intent on using Yolanda's "illness" as the main storyline this season because, IMO, they are trying to tell/show us something.

The producers are intent on using Yo's illness because they know she creates a stir.  She dominates the message boards, here and every where else. By very, very, large margins. Whether people love her or hate her, she's making them talk, laugh, research and bicker. The producers love this.  It always comes back to Yolanda. I've never seen anything like it.

I only tuned into this fustercluck again because I caught the commercial that showed them in Dubai and that interested me.  I didn't see the whole thing but, Yo wasn't even in this epi much yet the title (Lymes in the Sand) still references her. Why?  Because the producers have a YoBoner. 

As long as the others won't give them anything interesting to work with and forums all over the web are full of Yolanda chatter, the producers will keep featuring her.

• Love 8

The producers are intent on using Yo's illness because they know she creates a stir.  She dominates the message boards, here and every where else. By very, very, large margins. Whether people love her or hate her, she's making them talk, laugh, research and bicker. The producers love this.  It always comes back to Yolanda. I've never seen anything like it.

I only tuned into this fustercluck again because I caught the commercial that showed them in Dubai and that interested me.  I didn't see the whole thing but, Yo wasn't even in this epi much yet the title (Lymes in the Sand) still references her. Why?  Because the producers have a YoBoner. 

As long as the others won't give them anything interesting to work with and forums all over the web are full of Yolanda chatter, the producers will keep featuring her.

I think the others have tried to do other things but production is laser focused on Yolanda. It has happened before but it usually signals the demise of that HW, Aviva is a good example of this. Production became very focused on her and her "medical" issues, she wasn't "able" to go on the trips either and she got called out about overstating her illness and it turned out to be her last season on the show. It is possible that this just may be Yolanda's swan song season. One can hope, can't they? LOL

• Love 11

I've known other couples where the wife has always used the husband's full name when referring to him. I'm hoping that Rinna isn't copying Julia Roberts because Julia Roberts was such an obnoxious hateful cow when she got together with Danny Moder.

I think it's silly when any of them do it.  Worse is when Kyle keeps referring to Moe as "My Husband" to her friends. Gurl, you don't have to keep labeling him as YOURS.  We know, your friends know, anyone within shouting distance of you at any party knows - that he's "your husband". 

"MY HUSBAND IS HERE!!" she shouts.  As she virtually tackles him and thrusts her tongue into his mouth - branding him as Her Own! for all the world to see.  LOL. Obnoxious. 

• Love 9

I think the others have tried to do other things but production is laser focused on Yolanda. It has happened before but it usually signals the demise of that HW, Aviva is a good example of this. Production became very focused on her and her "medical" issues, she wasn't "able" to go on the trips either and she got called out about overstating her illness and it turned out to be her last season on the show. It is possible that this just may be Yolanda's swan song season. One can hope, can't they? LOL

The difference is, though, that all the HWs disliked Aviva.  She didn't have a single friend that I can remember. 

I've missed the last 4 or 5 epis and I was SHOCKED to see how many of the BH hos are coming around to Yolanda again. You can't compare Yo and Aviva, especially if there is a chance that the producers can make the masses rally around Yo again. Like Kyle, LisaV, Eileen and Erika seem to be doing. And don't say it can't be done. Yo has a good back story, too.  Gorgeous successful children, a possibly friendly divorce. What did Aviva have to bring to the table besides a prosthetic leg and a husband that allegedly tried to bribe the producers?  No comparison.

I wonder if fan favorite, Kyle, will become less of a favorite if she begins defending the "indefensible" Yolanda. 

• Love 3

The difference is, though, that all the HWs disliked Aviva.  She didn't have a single friend that I can remember. 

I've missed the last 4 or 5 epis and I was SHOCKED to see how many of the BH hos are coming around to Yolanda again. You can't compare Yo and Aviva, especially if there is a chance that the producers can make the masses rally around Yo again. Like Kyle, LisaV, Eileen and Erika seem to be doing. And don't say it can't be done. Yo has a good back story, too.  Gorgeous successful children, a possibly friendly divorce. What did Aviva have to bring to the table besides a prosthetic leg and a husband that allegedly tried to bribe the producers?  No comparison.

I wonder if fan favorite, Kyle, will become less of a favorite if she begins defending the "indefensible" Yolanda. 

Aviva had Sonja and Ramona on her side. As of now, only Erika and Eileen are firmly on Yolanda's side. None of the BH HWs think Yolanda is completely faking an illness but I believe that the majority of them feel she is using it much like Aviva did, as a way to control everyone and everything to keep the shows focus on her. As for Yolanda's kids, the girls are busy and live on the East Coast now and Anwar is living with his father so we would see little of them in future seasons. With the divorce her ability to attract any A list star crumbles to dust for the most part and according to a couple of bloggers, there is a (alleged) confidentially clause in their prenup, they can't talk badly about the other.  

I don't think any of the women want to place themselves on the "anti" Yolanda train except for LisaR and even she is not claiming Yolanda is faking her illness.

Heck, as far as Aviva goes, if Andy had wanted to, he could have given her a redemption story arch the following season but she really didn't bring much to the show and I don't think Yolanda does either at this point.

• Love 7

Erika Girardi is one weird woman. Deep seated issues, just strange. She always sits rim-rod straight and barely moves her head so as not to move a hair out of place. She has to bring a troupe of flamboyant gay men to Dubai to do her makeup and "style" her...alrighty then. She has no women friends. She never lets loose and just cracks up. Her husband is an old, wrinkled geezer who shushes her and controls her. She is just...off. I would love to know her background story.

It just hit me. She's a Stepford wife lol

• Love 7

Heck, as far as Aviva goes, if Andy had wanted to, he could have given her a redemption story arch the following season but she really didn't bring much to the show and I don't think Yolanda does either at this point.

Then why won't everyone, HWs included, stop talking about her???  I wanna snark Kyle, Rinna, anyone except Yo.  But no matter what forum I visit, it's all Yo, all the time.  She's either being raked over the coals, or treated like a saint. 

Come on...how stupid did the HWs look protesting the Yulin Festival at the church.  They marched in the wrong direction. Hilarious. Nobody wants to snark that?  Is this the world we live in?

• Love 5

Then why won't everyone, HWs included, stop talking about her???  I wanna snark Kyle, Rinna, anyone except Yo.  But no matter what forum I visit, it's all Yo, all the time.  She's either being raked over the coals, or treated like a saint. 

Come on...how stupid did the HWs look protesting the Yulin Festival at the church.  They marched in the wrong direction. Hilarious. Nobody wants to snark that?  Is this the world we live in?

It was touched on briefly but the subject they were protesting makes stopping to soon (they did not go in wrong direction) in front of a church less offensive/snark worthy and at least they did make it to the Chinese Embassy on film.  

As far as the other HWs stop talking about Yolanda, I wish they would but Yolanda makes that hard to do. She shows up briefly, just long enough to get the conversation on her going, be it that she hasn't washed her hair in weeks, no makeup, lecturing them on how to be a friend, telling them they "look healthy"...whatever. If someone is quiet, like LisaR at Camille's party, she keeps at them until she has all conversation turned to her. She has been very strategic in doing this to all of them and then she leaves and her 2 minions, Erika/Eileen, keep it going for her and then report back (inaccurately at that) to her what was said and by whom.

• Love 10

I think the others have tried to do other things but production is laser focused on Yolanda. It has happened before but it usually signals the demise of that HW, Aviva is a good example of this. Production became very focused on her and her "medical" issues, she wasn't "able" to go on the trips either and she got called out about overstating her illness and it turned out to be her last season on the show. It is possible that this just may be Yolanda's swan song season. One can hope, can't they? LOL

I think the producers get a ton of footage. I think they wait until near the end of the season to start crafting a story out of the footage that they get.

I think there's two types of footage; the first type is carefully created by the cast, who's going to fight who and why. The second type is the drama that organically unfolds over the course of the season. The producers take what's fake and what's real and carefully craft a story.

I think the producers began to realize towards the end of the season the foster marriage is not going to make it, so they went back and looked at all the footage with Yolanda and started whittling down the storyline to be about just her. They probably thought people would be interested since the dissolution of the marriage would come either during the season or at the end of the season which would make the real housewives more watchable / interesting. Conveniently, it also sets up the storyline for next season; Yolanda's comeback story.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 3

I still don't get the vitriol hatred for Yolanda. And I don't think that the women are upset with her for not filming either. Heck, that's MORE camera time for them. I actually think they are purposely driving her away so they can be on camera more. That's what the problem was with the actresses on Sex in the City. They ALL wanted to be the one with the most camera time, and they fought with each other over it. Also, if Yolanda was doing this to stay on the show, then why is she not going to events? it would seem that if she wanted to stay on the show she would attend all the stuff. 

Yolanda is beautiful and independent. She has two children that are social media stars and another one that might be. Bravo is getting a lot of viewers just wanting to see Gigi or Amar. I don't think production cares if Yolanda goes to some dumb dinner party. Kathryn goes to them all and just sits there looking weird. So what if she goes? That doesn't mean anything. 

LisaV goes to everything because she wants as much camera time as possible. She makes drama whenever possible for camera time. 

Elieen on the other hand is in front of the camera all day, so I don't think she cares about camera time. I think she is trying to make some money because soaps don't pay a whole lot and she can go on a bunch of free trips.

Kathryn is just a weird cast member. She and her husband are like teenagers, oooing and ahhing over how attractive the other is and going shopping. Spending their days trying to impress the caterers on their choice of countertop. Vapid.

It's odd to me that Erika has a GROUP of men that do nothing but work for her, and what they do for her is her hair and make-up. Is that their whole job? They must do more than that. They are probably like the families I used to nanny for: "You are the nanny. But we also want you to do laundry, make dinner, take the kids to school, walk the dog, feed the dog, and run all our errands. But you are a nanny."

No, I'm your slave with an innocent sounding title. Erika talks to them like they are her children-- "You get to go, but you have to ride in a separate car. You can do this, but you need to be good and do your chores in the morning..." blah blah. 

I actually don't care for ANY of Erika's posse. They all seem vapid, superficial, old, and dumb. And they all must have MAJOR mommy issues. They ALL seem lost. Whenever they are together they all seem nowhere--> like the extras that die in 4 minutes in war movies. They sit around enjoying something, laughing and being dumb, and then, POW, they die. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5

If LVP knew how ridiculous she looked when she wears heels and tight pants - she'd have a bonfire in her back yard.

Now, I am not an expert on asses, but I have looked at them for a while and hers is one of the more entertaining from the standpoint of "that (bitch) doesn't have a mirror/someone that was honest with her/someone who hates her and would let her know."

First of all, when you walk in heels, you should walk erect, not like a baboon that is 65% ass..

You should walk with confidence, shoulders back, not afraid your ass is going to make you topple over backwards.

When your ass is THAT big, wear something that is going to not make it look like it's a big ass.

Wear something that won't make us think "Ken must have liked that ass about 25 pounds ago."

Wear something that won't make us think, "Lisa has a big ass" or "whoa, Lisa has a big ass".

Again, this is NOT an expert's opinion on a woman's hindquarters, I am only an observer.........

There was no 'attack on all asses', I was laughing at LVP's fat ass. That is the difference. It's funny when some idiot male/poster makes some stupid comments about one woman and then it gets turned into an attack on all humanity, Mother Nature and Gaia. It's called snark, parody, humor - Felix Baumgartner has us all beat when it comes to jumping off things?

I have a fat ass. 5'2", 24 inch waist, a completely flat stomach... and a gigantic bubble butt. I mean, to the point where it's difficult to find pants with those proportions. Personally, I'd rather have my fat ass than no ass at all. I've never heard a guy complain; quite the opposite, actually. I didn't realize we've gone back a couple of decades where having anything other than a flat butt was something to be ashamed of?

LVP makes some unfortunate clothing choices, yet. Sometimes, those dresses are a bit too tight and inappropriate, IMHO. However, in jeans and a t-shirt? I still think she looks flawless. I could only hope to look half as good when I'm her age. Damn.

Edited by FreetheGirlses
  • Love 9

LVP is voluptuous! If she worked out just a little she would look fabulous. She was ahead of the big booty trend for sure.

I love when she threw the first pitch out, and changed on camera. You could see that her belly was soft. She isn't obsessed with working out 24/7 like some of the other women, and wasn't ashamed to show that on camera. I liked that about her; it was a real moment. I could never imagine Kyle doing that.

• Love 12
I think Erika pays them to be her friends, since she has a very hard time trusting women and therefore has a hard time making girlfriends.

But they are idiots? Why would she want to be FRIENDS with them? I think she uses them and treats them all like pets. I don't think they are her friends, and I don't think she considers them friends. I don't think she really has any friends except her dead grandmother. 

Erika to me is a dead ringer for "Nikki"  from Young and the Restless, the younger years. They both have a mouth that turn up on the right side showing a bit of gum. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=nikki+young+and+restless&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&imgil=APZRKq5Go61dNM%253A%253Bs61Gacx3f2pH2M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fanpop.com%25252Fclubs%25252Fthe-young-and-the-restless%25252Fimages%25252F4975412%25252Ftitle%25252Fnikki-newman-melody-scott-photo&source=iu&pf=m&fir=APZRKq5Go61dNM%253A%252Cs61Gacx3f2pH2M%252C_&usg=__7Be0kH7XM_xHut-hKyjdsan1ATc%3D&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwjzvsqGpeHLAhVEQSYKHbe1BCMQyjcIMg&ei=qwr4VrO9K8SCmQG365KYAg#imgrc=APZRKq5Go61dNM%3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=nikki+young+and+restless&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&imgil=APZRKq5Go61dNM%253A%253Bs61Gacx3f2pH2M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fanpop.com%25252Fclubs%25252Fthe-young-and-the-restless%25252Fimages%25252F4975412%25252Ftitle%25252Fnikki-newman-melody-scott-photo&source=iu&pf=m&fir=APZRKq5Go61dNM%253A%252Cs61Gacx3f2pH2M%252C_&usg=__7Be0kH7XM_xHut-hKyjdsan1ATc%3D&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwjzvsqGpeHLAhVEQSYKHbe1BCMQyjcIMg&ei=qwr4VrO9K8SCmQG365KYAg#imgdii=yBTEhRJ3W5lEfM%3A%3ByBTEhRJ3W5lEfM%3A%3BNSILV2S9AI1bRM%3A&imgrc=yBTEhRJ3W5lEfM%3A

During my "research" I came upon this gem. I was in college and watched this character from Eileen all the time. It was GREAT!disguises2.jpg

As far as LisaV, I thought she looked beautiful in her caftan thing, but when she walked I had to laugh out loud. Her feet were going all over and she looked so funny. She and Kyle both have bizarre postures and walks, really dumpy. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

Yeah, love or hate her, I don't think Yo is in danger of getting Aviva'd.

RHOBH is the strangest of the HWs shows to me because social media/behind-the-scenes is such an integral part of the show itself. Much more so, IMO, than any of the other shows. And I think in Yo's case, she has several strong off-camera factors (the divorce, her social-media supermodel daughter, the non-Gigis) that make her attractive to the producers. I just wish, if she's going to be a continued presence on the show, that we'd get some/any of these other things instead of the Lyme battle. I'm still surprised the "is Brooks faking cancer?" storyline was such a ratings boon for OC. I found it such a snooze I tuned out of this past season.

• Love 4

I get it too. Except I've never met anyone who wanted to see the Osmonds.

Nor have I. However, by reading my post you have now "met" someone who actually did see the Bay City Rollers in concert. And wore tartan while doing so. ;)

• Love 6

I love when she threw the first pitch out, and changed on camera. You could see that her belly was soft. She isn't obsessed with working out 24/7 like some of the other women, and wasn't ashamed to show that on camera. I liked that about her; it was a real moment. I could never imagine Kyle doing that.

Read Trash Talk TV. Every moment of Kyle's back fat is carefully documented in all its glorious detail.  If you want to see her muffin top see photos of her and Yolanda on the yacht or pictures of her at Dr. Paul's office.  I don't know how much more revealing these women can get than a bikini-oh oops I forgot Erika Jayne or Brandi-they don't mind getting naked in front of the camera.

• Love 2

Read Trash Talk TV. Every moment of Kyle's back fat is carefully documented in all its glorious detail.  If you want to see her muffin top see photos of her and Yolanda on the yacht or pictures of her at Dr. Paul's office.  I don't know how much more revealing these women can get than a bikini-oh oops I forgot Erika Jayne or Brandi-they don't mind getting naked in front of the camera.

And we cannot forget the "underarm vagina".

Lisa R's "UV" is something that I makes me laugh and now I giggle like a moron when I think of it - underarm vagina is the 'pits'........

• Love 3

I personally love that Kyle, LisaV, and Erika aren't obsessed with their weight. They all three are incredibly beautiful, take great care of themselves, but obviously don't starve or deprive themselves of food, which I love. It's not like they are even remotely overweight or have let themselves go. They look healthy and for the most part, keep their cool. (Starvation can make people hyper and very grumpy, because you are constantly trying to find something to do to avoid eating).

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 10

Not to mention, Kyle is the only one of these women that I ever remember coming right out and telling us and the world that they had had liposuction. When she was so honest about that in the beginning of S2, I was shocked. These ho'wives don't admit to nothing for the most part. We can see from looking at their faces that they are using fillers and Botox, and yet still they deny it.  Kyle didn't have to tell anyone she had done the surgery route; she could have said pretended her slimmer body came by way of diet and exercise, yet she was honest.  I loved that. 

• Love 6

IMO, those dresses were caftans, not muumuus. (I know this from Bob Mackie and Joan Rivers' lines on QVC. So there!). ;)

The Dubai hotel was awesome. I would love that Under the Sea suite too.

I muted the Brandi stuff.

I thought no-make-up Erica was pretty! She is way overdone on WWHL.

Thank you Thumper!  Those dresses were caftans and not muumuus!  I think it was Giggy's dad who first snidely commented on Kyle's 'muumuu look' several episodes ago.  Well, he seems to be the newest housewife, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised he'd be snide. 

• Love 1

I don't have much more to add to what's already been said.

If Erica's glam squad put together a look book for her to take to Dubai, then why did she have to have them go with her? Is she that dumb?

Speaking of dumb ... Kathryn showing up to dinner in a short black lacy dress in a Muslim country because she wanted to "stand out," (or whatever asinine excuse she used.)  Lisa R was pushing it with the one exposed shoulder. (Wasn't Eileen's strapless, or did I temporarily lose my eyesight and common sense when I saw her appear at the airport in her overalls?) Kyle actually did do something right for once by packing the extra "caftan" gifts in the event of such fashion faux pas, although she should have handed Eileen's off to her at the airport.

Yeah, my stupid friend got spit on in the Dubai Airport upon arrival because she was wearing a sleeveless blouse and cargo shorts.  Dude spit right in her face.  None of the security/TSA people told her to cover up prolly because they thought some of the civilians would "clue" her in ;)   Wow, after we got our luggage my friend went right into the bathroom and changed into something more appropriate.

• Love 1

Speaking of dumb ... Kathryn showing up to dinner in a short black lacy dress in a Muslim country because she wanted to "stand out," (or whatever asinine excuse she used.) Lisa R was pushing it with the one exposed shoulder. (Wasn't Eileen's strapless, or did I temporarily lose my eyesight and common sense when I saw her appear at the airport in her overalls

I have been to eat at several of the restaurants in that hotel and others and all their outfits would be fine in their outfits in that space, I have seen much more revealing outfits. Other places in Dubai it wouldn't fly but the hotel's that cater to tourists are much more leniant.

• Love 2

It's interesting to me how the websites that feed off the Real Housewives shows have taken up the storyline that Yolanda isn't really ill and is deserving of mockery and public humiliation.  Thanks Lisa Rinna and Vanderpump and whoever else thought it would be a good idea to float Munchausen's out there for all to speculate on.

Maybe they should all just mind their own fucking business then. 

STANDING OVATION!!

• Love 2

If you had a co-worker (because let's be honest, that's what these people are, not friends, with a few exceptions), who kept begging off of work by saying "I'm sick! I'm sick!" and threw a passive aggressive pity party every time you saw them ("Oh, you look so...well"), would you be pissed if you saw photos of them on Instagram doing other fun things? I doubt LVP wanted to go to Erika's dinner party but she did because she was contractually obligated. Yolanda gets out of contractual filming obligations by doing what she does best, manipulating everyone with her (possibly/probably fake) illness.

Okay, I'm always seeing this coworkers comparison and in all honesty it doesn't hold water for me. See in most cases the cause for resentment or frustration in a situation like this would be that the person slacking and being MIA most likely means that others are picking up the work load. Adding on to their own responsibilities but  making the same pay with no increase.

Example: I worked at the Gap. I'm scheduled til 2 hours passed the store closes and we are in charge of whipping the store back into shape. 2 closers call out which means we are short handed and will most likely be stuck later OR we will have to haul ass to close in time, either way,  ADD to our work load. Now knowing that this is a habit of the one's that called out but they still get to keep their jobs would absolutely be something to be mad about. Something that affects the work load of others etc. etc. Now that's something to be pissed about.

Another example. I now work in an office. I'm the Division admin for my office. Take care of all things related to keeping the office operational and functional. The advisors do their jobs and they have their own assistants. One assistant comes in when she pleases. Leaves when she pleases. Brings her children in when they don't have school etc. etc. I on the other hand need to be in the office from 8:30am to 5:00 pm and even though my job is fabulously flexible those are the parameters of MY job. Every so often I roll my eyes and think to myself "must be nice" but at the same time her situation doesn't necessarily affect MY job or MY workload although on some occassions her being out of the office does cause a tad bit of covering on my part because if her advisors clients need something then it's up to me to figure out how to direct the situation but that doesn't happen often. Point is. She works for HER advisor. That's the sweet deal she has working for HER advisor. My sweet deal is that my manager isn't a ogre I have a pretty understanding workplace for school events, days off, etc. etc.

So, point being these women are on a fucking TV show. And Yolanda not showing up or filming or having extreme flexibility with her filming obligations is the deal SHE made with HER employer. The only way I could understand all this exaggerated excusing of their reactions to Yolanda is if these women were burdened with more than THEIR contract required of THEM when they signed it and at the last minute they were blind side with more "work" than they are getting paid for. THAT'S when I can understand all this "she's getting paid to do less" nonsense. Everyone negotiates their own contracts and I find it rather comical to paint it like these women have been bombarded with some extra labor to make up for Yolanda's limited appearances. They are getting paid for what their contract requires of them and Yolanda is getting paid for what her contract requires of her and even if she isn't complying completely, unless her slack is all of a sudden being dumped on the others to pick up then who cares?

We aren't even talking manual labor here or given any examples that production calls up Kyle or any of the cast members randomly and says hey you're on cause Yolanda's a no go today but we need some footage and now you're up. I know you were expecting to film tonight and not in the morning but we need you to "come in to work". If shit like that is happening then that would be the only reason I see a legitimate gripe. Otherwise, them having one less person show up for something adds work for them how?

The only person who she can "get out of filming" with is production. There's no need to "manipulate" the other ladies into getting out of filming cause they can't make that call and excuses her contract wise. Whether they cut her slack doesn't affect whether production is satisfied with whether Yolanda has satisfied what they feel is required of her. So I think it circles back to them just minding their business. Everyone would be so much happier I think. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

We know from what happened with Aviva on the NY show that these gals do care about the others showing up. It is a big deal to them. If she is too sick to do the work, fine. If she is well enough to travel all the way to Holland, why can't she go to The Hamptons for LVP's deal? If she can go to

They might all get paid differently and have different contracts, but all of us that have ever worked in an office know that people keep score. One of the biggest issues I ever delt with as an office manager was the anger the others felt about one gal who took too many smoke breaks. She was the only smoker in the office, and others were constantly irritated by watching her walk out back to take a break. It impacted them in zero manner. She was the first one at work in the morning and the last to leave. She didn't hang around the break room and gossip. She had no children and no husband to divide her time. She just worked, with several smoke breaks thrown in. People who made twice as much as her and worked half as hard were constantly complaining because of the visual of her walking past them to enjoy her vice. They were sure she was getting something they were not - more time to goof off. The anger was incredible even though they could still get their own jobs done and earn their pay checks. People are like this at work. It doesn't matter how they are compensated. Folks hate the idea that things aren't fair, even if they actually are. It doesn't matter to the HW's if Yo has a special arrangement with Bravo. They think she isn't pulling her weight.

SO TRUE!

But this is also something that shouldn't be condoned.

I always hate the mentality of "on principle" especially when people want to implement this idea unfairly and only view it through their own biased minds. That's why minding your own business is a great rule of thumb since you never really know ALL the variables and ESPECIALLY when it doesn't TRULY affect you at all.

• Love 3

YES, YES, and more YES! Also, I'm hearing a lot about producer WANTS Lyme... Okay then again how is all that Yolanda's fault? It's starting to sound like an huge argument is being made that OTHER people are the true culprits in the manipulations surrounding Yolanda's Lyme. Yolanda's just living her fucking life, it's everyone around her that keeps trying to mold it into more than it is and what it is at it's worst is a woman who's sick. Is dealing with it and those around her the way SHE wants to. Addresses chatter and whispers about HER. Accommodates what she can of a flexible contract SHE hashed out with HER employer and is dealing with HUGE life changes during filming in bizarre ways. Maybe she's not handling it as graceful as we or her coworkers would like but it's surely not in any manner that TRULY affects their livelihood or well being in the big scheme of things. So with that said it looks like, had spot lights not been put on so much of Yolanda's "journey" her progress during this filming season would have been no more than eyeroll worthy at best and not perceived as so sinister. Certain unfortunate confrontations would not have even happened if certain lines weren't crossed to begin with so again I don't see where Yolanda has been the sinister one. At all.

• Love 2

I think the issue is more one of exposure.  If you go to the parties/dinners/trips you never know if you are the one who is about to be the main course.  There is a danger to these events, one that is not shared by showing up to step into the cryogenic chamber or dashing in just long enough to drop off flowers, say you're too sick to stay, then dash out, sitting on your sickbed in your own home receiving a single guest, or having your husband pat your hand in the recovery room.  

They know when they get together it might mean something that's going to trigger an avalanche of hate from the viewers.  It doesn't even really matter how they react (assuming they don't completely melt down and lose their gourds) because they have no control over what will be aired or how it will be edited.   

That's the price they pay for the exposure and the money and the trips and the fame, yes.  But even if they're making different amounts of money, there's still an expectation that the jeopardy is shared.  

I wanna snark Kyle, Rinna, anyone except Yo.

​Then do so.

We can see from looking at their faces that they are using fillers and Botox, and yet still they deny it.

I don't recall any/much denying being done on this show. Hell, Adrienne had a whole section of her house dedicated to doing procedures on faces and such.

• Love 6

I think that the 'yo hate' does stem from her showing up and then leaving - she shows up just enough times to hit the number of events she needs to show up at and then bails - under the guise of 'not feeling well'.

She is cunning enough to read between the lines of a contract and 'see' that they want her to show up for X amount of events - with no mention of having to stay for the whole thing.

I'd see that shit at our regional user meetings they would start at 9 am and end at 4 pm- people would schlep in to a meeting 30 minutes late, eat a fucking great free lunch and then leave 45 minutes later under the pretense of 'going back to work'. They were paid mileage, for 8 hours of work and were fed for free.....Then you'd get a call the next day and they wanted to know what was covered after they left?

• Love 9