Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Lymes In The Sand

• Start Topic

Because she lies and deliberately  misrepresents and misquotes what they actually said, and then goes on rants about the things they didn't actually say, and then when they start telling her that isn't what they said, she doesn't want to talk about it.

Please don't hate on Yolanda for this. It's not her fault. She's only operating on 37% brain function. 

(Tomorrow it might be 65%. These things fluctuate.)

And, wasn't Yolanda's mother in this episode? I can't keep real time vs. TV time straight with this show, to know who is how sick, with what, and when.

Yes, I believe Ans was at the fundraiser. I think we've seen her A LOT this season. Did Yo fly to Amsterdam that often to be with her sick mother? Hmmmm

• Love 9

And, wasn't Yolanda's mother in this episode? I can't keep real time vs. TV time straight with this show, to know who is how sick, with what, and when.

Long before Lisa R ever mentioned Munchausen's, I was thinking that. And I bet millions of others were as well. Thankfully, I don't have to film with these women.

Yes, her mother was at the NYC Gala.

Please don't hate on Yolanda for this. It's not her fault. She's only operating on 37% brain function. 

(Tomorrow it might be 65%. These things fluctuate.)

Yes, I believe Ans was at the fundraiser. I think we've seen her A LOT this season. Did Yo fly to Amsterdam that often to be with her sick mother? Hmmmm

Yes, she was there, Yolanda acknowledge her in her speech and No, Yolanda only went back once her mother left the hospital for 1 week to help care for her. I get that Yolanda has kids but they are older and their father lives close by. Also, she went with Kyle to Spain not long after she spent that week with her mom so it looks like she put filming before spending time taking care of her as well.

• Love 6

I see a kiwi bird and the Lifetime Network logo

bhf2qe.jpg

It's what you DON'T see.........WHITE FUCKING PANTS!!!!!

She would never get an invite to any function I'd throw, so I don't care what she does or posts on her insta-sham account?

Lies are one thing, exaggeration is another.....when you put them together, you have a person who is below reproach? Example?

You throw a Leap Year Party on Feb 29th - you start planning 8 months before. You send out invitations.  Then three month before the date the Osmonds announce a special Feb 29th concert - the day of the bash you get a phone call from your pal saying she can't come because she is sick, she dying.

A month later she is at another function wearing an Osmond's concert T-shirt, you then ask her how the show was and she then goes into a rant about how great it was, forgetting she RSVPed your party, then called the day of, to cancel?

• Love 6

It's what you DON'T see.........WHITE FUCKING PANTS!!!!!

She would never get an invite to any function I'd throw, so I don't care what she does or posts on her insta-sham account?

Lies are one thing, exaggeration is another.....when you put them together, you have a person who is below reproach? Example?

You throw a Leap Year Party on Feb 29th - you start planning 8 months before. You send out invitations. Then three month before the date the Osmonds announce a special Feb 29th concert - the day of the bash you get a phone call from your pal saying she can't come because she is sick, she dying.

A month later she is at another function wearing an Osmond's concert T-shirt, you then ask her how the show was and she then goes into a rant about how great it was, forgetting she RSVPed your party, then called the day of, to cancel?

Um.

What?

• Love 2

Yes, she was there, Yolanda acknowledge her in her speech and No, Yolanda only went back once her mother left the hospital for 1 week to help care for her. I get that Yolanda has kids but they are older and their father lives close by. Also, she went with Kyle to Spain not long after she spent that week with her mom so it looks like she put filming before spending time taking care of her as well.

Is her mom in remission? We know that she went back in March 2015 (either instead of going to some lyme benefit or using up her spoons so she couldn't got to the lyme benefit) but it looks like she just went out for coffee or something with her mom then she was off visiting Ellie. When did the HWs all go to Holland?

• Love 1

Is her mom in remission? We know that she went back in March 2015 (either instead of going to some lyme benefit or using up her spoons so she couldn't got to the lyme benefit) but it looks like she just went out for coffee or something with her mom then she was off visiting Ellie. When did the HWs all go to Holland?

Well, they showed them in Amsterdam last season/year so they would have filmed that in 2014 I think. I don't know if her mom is in remission or not, did she ever say what kind of cancer she had because I don't remember hearing it. It was the same season that Yolanda went with Kyle on the boat/to Spain.

• Love 2

Maybe they should all just mind their own fucking business then.  She was visiting her family, spending time with her mother who is ill with cancer.  Or maybe her mother is faking her illness as well.

Hard for the ladies to mind their own f'ing business when they work with her and she is constantly throwing her illness out at at them.  Hard for us viewers to mind our own f'ing business when she's chosen to come into our homes every week and share her life (and lies) with us and is well....constantly throwing her illness in our faces too.

Um.

What?

Lol, I thought the same thing.

ELDOSEQUIS, Uh....are you telling us or asking us? I'm confused with all the question marks.

• Love 9

Hard for the ladies to mind their own f'ing business when they work with her and she is constantly throwing her illness out at at them.  Hard for us viewers to mind our own f'ing business when she's chosen to come into our homes every week and share her life (and lies) with us and is well....constantly throwing her illness in our faces too.

ELDOSEQUIS, Uh....are you telling us or asking us? I'm confused with all the question marks.

Maybe it is an example of the confusion Yo causes? Kind of like how she knew Rinna never said she had Munchausen and she knew what Rinna was talking about when Rinna apologized for participating in a conversation about it. Yo said "no one fakes diseases" and laughed it off and hugged Rinna. Next interaction she twists it into Rinna is saying Munchie by Proxy. No Rinna didn't say that and didn't even participate in a conversation about the "by proxy" diagnosis.

At least that is how I interpreted ELDOSEQUIS but I have been know to sometimes misinterpret people

• Love 7

It's interesting to me how the websites that feed off the Real Housewives shows have taken up the storyline that Yolanda isn't really ill and is deserving of mockery and public humiliation.  Thanks Lisa Rinna and Vanderpump and whoever else thought it would be a good idea to float Munchausen's out there for all to speculate on.

Maybe they should all just mind their own fucking business then.  She was visiting her family, spending time with her mother who is ill with cancer.  Or maybe her mother is faking her illness as well.

I have to give it up to Kyle this episode.  She was the only one of the "doubters" who bothered to make the trip to NYC to see what Yolanda's deal was really all about and she was profoundly moved by the experience.  I'm not sure whether it was a master chess move on her part given what's to come on the show, or she was actually trying to be a friend or she was getting some obligatory filming in but I respect her for going and participating.  I also liked the fact that she bought all the women caftans so not only did they all look great but they were covered and appeared to be respectful of the culture.  Bravo Kyle.

How did the dinner in NY further Yolanda's explanation of her Lyme Disease or add any gravitas to her allegations?  Telling the same tale over and over and going on and on about being "honored" for what being ill and plastering her plight all over social media.

Yolanda's mother's cancer seemed to be all better by the time they went to Amsterdam in October of 2014-a vast improvement to being on her death bed the end of July and of course there was Yolanda's visit in May of 2015, mom back over in August and again October of 2015.  Maybe this family tend to exaggerate their health crisis.

• Love 8

She also squeezed a week in Turkey with David-because the Amalfi coast is so boring these days.

• Love 10

!

It's interesting to me how the websites that feed off the Real Housewives shows have taken up the storyline that Yolanda isn't really ill and is deserving of mockery and public humiliation.  Thanks Lisa Rinna and Vanderpump and whoever else thought it would be a good idea to float Munchausen's out there for all to speculate on.

If you had a co-worker (because let's be honest, that's what these people are, not friends, with a few exceptions), who kept begging off of work by saying "I'm sick! I'm sick!" and threw a passive aggressive pity party every time you saw them ("Oh, you look so...well"), would you be pissed if you saw photos of them on Instagram doing other fun things? I doubt LVP wanted to go to Erika's dinner party but she did because she was contractually obligated. Yolanda gets out of contractual filming obligations by doing what she does best, manipulating everyone with her (possibly/probably fake) illness.

• Love 20

If you had a co-worker (because let's be honest, that's what these people are, not friends, with a few exceptions), who kept begging off of work by saying "I'm sick! I'm sick!" and threw a passive aggressive pity party every time you saw them ("Oh, you look so...well"), would you be pissed if you saw photos of them on Instagram doing other fun things? I doubt LVP wanted to go to Erika's dinner party but she did because she was contractually obligated. Yolanda gets out of contractual filming obligations by doing what she does best, manipulating everyone with her (possibly/probably fake) illness.

If you worked at an office where people were compensated differently and had different contracts? Then you myob and stfu or go complain to the producers. Try working in a law office when bonuses and raises come out and see if fair is fair.  You don't go to the coffee lounge and start telling people that they really weren't sick the day they called in sick.  Yolanda was given some type of special status if we are to believe her comments in the email.  

I don't believe the gripe is over her not filming. We have seen a ton of her - even at the group events.  I hear the arguments made here that she makes it all about her, but I don't agree.  What is she more magical a manipulator than LVP?  I think Rinna is just making a storyline for herself.  I really don't think anyone else cares that much at this point.  Someone is always missing a group event - even Rinna herself. I think the producers gave Rinna a munchhausen mandate, she thought she had Kyle and LVP's backup, but she didn't. Now she can't let it go.  Boy is she dumb. Looking up scapegoat now? Keep looking Rinna.  And please, she's "enraged" that Yo didn't come to Erika's and went to lunch with Brandi because? Wha? Why?  I just don't get her reasoning. Yolanda has agreed to move on with Rinna and Rinna can't let it fucking go bc she wants her storyline to continue throughout this season and next because Yolanda, like Kim, is SCARY!  She terrifies Rinna!!! Oh stawp.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

If you worked at an office where people were compensated differently and had different contracts? Then you myob and stfu or go complain to the producers. Try working in a law office when bonuses and raises come out and see if fair is fair.  You don't go to the coffee lounge and start telling people that they really weren't sick the day they called in sick.  Yolanda was given some type of special status if we are to believe her comments in the email.  

I don't believe the gripe is over her not filming. We have seen a ton of her - even at the group events.  I hear the arguments made here that she makes it all about her, but I don't agree.  What is she more magical a manipulator than LVP?  I think Rinna is just making a storyline for herself.  I really don't think anyone else cares that much at this point.  Someone is always missing a group event - even Rinna herself. I think the producers gave Rinna a munchhausen mandate, she thought she had Kyle and LVP's backup, but she didn't. Now she can't let it go.  Boy is she dumb. Looking up scapegoat now? Keep looking Rinna.  And please, she's "enraged" that Yo didn't come to Erika's and went to lunch with Brandi because? Wha? Why?  I just don't get her reasoning. Yolanda has agreed to move on with Rinna and Rinna can't let it fucking go bc she wants her storyline to continue throughout this season and next because Yolanda, like Kim, is SCARY!  She terrifies Rinna!!! Oh stawp.

Yes, IMO, Yolanda is the master manipulator who makes any type of manipulation LisaV has been accused of look like the acts of a novice. No one can say squat to Yolanda or ask her any questions without her claiming 'brain fog" that her "Brain is swelling" that they are "ignorant", that they are "uneducated". When called out on her behavior she falls on the "fog/swelling" shit and leaves as fast as possible. And least we forget that she compliments the others on how "well/healthy" they look. She does all of this to control everyone's narrative.

And, NO, if a co-worker isn't doing their job and the others have to pick up their slack in order to get the final product finished, she isn't pulling her weight and isn't earning whatever her paycheck is. If the law office boss saw that the "sick" employee was really just out having a good time instead of being at work, they deserve to be fired, especially since this isn't a 1 time thing.

• Love 15

I would bet money that LVP or Kyle has said something to Andy but what is he going to do? Fire the perpetual Lyme victim? And look terrible? Of course not. Yes, people get to miss group events but no one has missed as many as Yolanda and few people get to skip out of the reunion (blaming "brain fog"). Didn't Adrienne get fired for that? Yes, I've worked in a law office where different people get different bonuses but that's how it goes. If someone got a bonus and didn't show up, would I be irritated? Hell yes.

I have never seen someone as blatantly manipulative as Yolanda. She can talk shit about whoever she wants but when it comes time to take it, there's brain fog or brain swelling or whatever blatantly fake symptom comes to her next. Lisa Rinna is a drama queen, no one disagrees with that but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Love 18

I get it too. Except I've never met anyone who wanted to see the Osmonds.

I would have said 'Toots and the Maytals', but then everyone would have sent everyone to Google??

I apologize for the punctuation. I had a dog barking, a cat on my lap and brain fog - sometimes I write on the fly, get lazy and don't reread my posts, again, my apologies.

• Love 8

My issue with Yolanda is she came on the show and she was so arrogant.  She had the best house (although I think Adrienne and LVP would disagree), the best marriage (all of six months of it at the time), (how's that working out for her now?), the most successful husband,  the only one who knew how to be romantic in her marriage, threw the best dinner parties (have yet to see that happen), the most successful ex-husband whose thunder she tried to steal, knew the most amazing people, we all got to see Suzanne Sommers lunch with Kyle and LVP (who couldn't quite place her), the best personality, was a successful model (something that seems to grow the more famous her daughters become).  She started to show her ass in Las Vegas when the rest of the cast was trying to have a discussion about Adrienne and she interrupted.  She chided husbands for getting involved in women's arguments (Adrienne and Paul were both hurt by Brandi) managed to stay out of the Adrienne/Paul fray.  She was horrible to Kyle for absolutely no reason, she out and out lied to LVP about talking smack about her in Paris.  By her second season she was rude to Joyce and attacked her marriage (again how's that marriage of yours working out for you Yolanda), she screwed Brandi over big time (hip, hip hooray) by talking smack about Joanna Krupa and now Brandi is spending thousands defending herself, all because Yolanda was jealous of Joanna.

From the time she began she has ditched out on trips, and shooting because of her schedule and waiting on the king.  She has been the carrier of misinformation, interrupted others' conversation and shut down the same.  Basically she gets caught in so many lies the others just can't trust her.  The best example is when she got the call about Bella's DUI on Kyle's chartered yacht, Yolanda claimed she didn't tell Kyle because they weren't that close.  Again with the imperialistic Yolanda, and she was surprised seeing Kyle enjoy Spain.  Fast forward to Amsterdam and she has the most arrogant of conversations about people being genuine and speaks directly to the fact that she and Kyle had a conversation in Spain when she got the call about Bella's DUI-which is it-did she tell not so close Kyle or didn't she?.  I never recall her complementing another's home or event-not even her buddy Erika's, it is always about her.  She has never even attended an event at her dear friend Kim's home. 

Sure the David Foster Foundation throws a great annual gala-but it was in effect long before Yolanda and continues without her (she wasn't at the September 2015 one in Toronto), so now when the others question her duplicity she considers it an insult on her integrity.  Two things Yolanda is delusional about her so-called integrity and self-proclaimed intelligence.

You forgot to mention the encounter with Farmer Johannes in her home country...

"Deed I dayt joo? I do not remember dis ting that you speek of. No, no way - I do not dayt zee man wid no moh-nee."

• Love 4

That article is complete BS. All those "incriminating" photos are still on Yolanda's Instagram account, and their dates don't conflict with the Bay Area Lyme thing. The toe biting is dated May 5 2015, the shot of her breakfast in bed is dated May 9, eating fries with her mother is dated May 11, the photo of her on the train to Paris is May 11. She posted that she was #OnMyWay #ParisLosAngeles on the 12th of May, and on the 14th she posted a shot of herself and the marble pill table in David's condo.

I wouldn't call the article total BS.  She may have been back before the 17th, the date of the fundraiser but she was scheduled to appear along with her husband.  Both were honorary chairs.  And it was mentioned in all the links to the event.  They did not attend due to the severity of her symptoms  according to this article.  Daisy was sent as her representative.  Interesting too the article mentions a Paige Larkin who supposedly Yo's best friend.  She also has Lyme.

http://hauteliving.com/2015/05/huey-lewis-and-the-news-bring-power-of-love-to-sf-bay-area-lymeaid-gala/572631/

The problem for me is that IMO this is just another example of Yo's attitude.  If you're scheduled for this big event and you're supposedly suffering from this incurable debilitating disease, how do you manage to go to Europe, apparently in a bath robe per Yo's 'facts', and agree to do a fundraiser in another city a few days later after you get back. 

This woman is so full of BS it's sickening, given she's using a disease to make herself a martyr and the face of that disease.  It's a total sham.

• Love 9

I wouldn't call the article total BS.  She may have been back before the 17th, the date of the fundraiser but she was scheduled to appear along with her husband.  Both were honorary chairs.  And it was mentioned in all the links to the event.  They did not attend due to the severity of her symptoms  according to this article.  Daisy was sent as her representative.  Interesting too the article mentions a Paige Larkin who supposedly Yo's best friend.  She also has Lyme.

http://hauteliving.com/2015/05/huey-lewis-and-the-news-bring-power-of-love-to-sf-bay-area-lymeaid-gala/572631/

The problem for me is that IMO this is just another example of Yo's attitude.  If you're scheduled for this big event and you're supposedly suffering from this incurable debilitating disease, how do you manage to go to Europe, apparently in a bath robe per Yo's 'facts', and agree to do a fundraiser in another city a few days later after you get back. 

This woman is so full of BS it's sickening, given she's using a disease to make herself a martyr and the face of that disease.  It's a total sham.

Yolanda also graced the cover of their magazine so it was a pretty crappy thing to do-certainly David was not too tired or sick to go.  It sounds like she was not getting enough coverage or Bravo decided not to film.  Maybe that is why the cooked up the October gala. 

• Love 3

Kyle is the one who gave Lisa the caftan, so what is there for her to learn from Lisa about them?  I'm confused.  I think Kyle looked just as lovely in hers.  She gifted all of the women with them so I would think she knows a thing or two about caftans.

From what I can tell from the caftan website, they are actually the exact same one but just in different prints.  Aside from not liking the print Kyle chose for herself and adoring the print of Lisa's, I also just think Lisa styled it better.  There are a shit ton of posts here mentioning how regal and elegant Lisa looked.  I don't think I saw any saying the same thing about Kyle.  Kyle looked fine, but Lisa looked fabulous.  It's basically one of those "who wore it better" things. 

• Love 9

If this is a job for Yolanda, which looks like it is (contract, paycheck), why doesn't the company paying her require a legitimate doctor's excuse to get out of work?  She has special accommodations in her contract - which I believe she included in her email to Kyle, et al - to film whenever she felt well enough.  If I were one of the other HW's, I'd contract Lyme too.  Lisa V certainly has enough animals to blame for the "tick bite", even though from what I've read they only come from deer ticks and she (as yet) doesn't have a deer.  But that would be very interesting to see YoYo's reaction and her inevitable nervous breakdown realizing she can't discredit anyone else's "journey" without looking like an ass (liar).  I am so glad she did not go to Dubai, she sucks the life out of every group activity.

• Love 7

Yo is the quintessential "topper". If you had a great day, she had a really, really great day. If you were sick, she was really, really, really sick. If you are busy, she is so, totally busy. You get the point. I've worked with 2 toppers and it is exhausting and irritating to the point of wanting to punch them in the throat when they do it, but luckily having the restraint to just do it mentally. I can only imagine how many times YoWoe has been mentally pummeled by the rest of the ladies.

• Love 16

There could certainly be some truth about the Munchausen comment, but I think the reason behind the comment was Yo not showing up. Talking constantly about not being able to get out of bed for months, yet one month before filming she is in Holland for ten days. Why no mention of that when she was talking of never getting out of her bathrobe? We saw the pictures on Instagram, and shock of fucking shocks, she is out and about dressed like a normal person.

We know from what happened with Aviva on the NY show that these gals do care about the others showing up. It is a big deal to them. If she is too sick to do the work, fine. If she is well enough to travel all the way to Holland, why can't she go to The Hamptons for LVP's deal? If she can go to Holland, why can't she go to Dubai? If she can fly to NY for her big deal, why can't she at least show up to provide some type of support at Kyle's charity events or LVP's doggie deal? She didn't have to paint a house, but she could have handed out water bottles or provided support in some other manner. She does none of this. Even though she is too tired to attend Erika's dinner, she is healthy enough to hang out for the afternoon with Kim and Brandi. She makes choices to do other things that take her energy, but claims to be too weak for the work stuff. I don't understand how anyone could possibly claim that the others don't have the right to be irritated about this, especially considering the fact that Yo always throws them under the bus about her illness. They aren't supportive, they aren't good friends, they don't seek to understand.

I have little doubt that the root of a lot of anger had to do with Yo not attending the reunion last year (except for the hour she was there). Right after there were pictures of her flying off to some far off land. The reunion is the hardest thing they do each year. There was a lot of anger at Brandi. Yo has always gotten away with letting Brandi off the hook. I think they would have liked to have had her there so that she could have been held accountable to a certain extent. The fact that she wasn't there made it much easier for her. She claims to be too weak to participate, but then hops on a plane to go somewhere else.

They might all get paid differently and have different contracts, but all of us that have ever worked in an office know that people keep score. One of the biggest issues I ever delt with as an office manager was the anger the others felt about one gal who took too many smoke breaks. She was the only smoker in the office, and others were constantly irritated by watching her walk out back to take a break. It impacted them in zero manner. She was the first one at work in the morning and the last to leave. She didn't hang around the break room and gossip. She had no children and no husband to divide her time. She just worked, with several smoke breaks thrown in. People who made twice as much as her and worked half as hard were constantly complaining because of the visual of her walking past them to enjoy her vice. They were sure she was getting something they were not - more time to goof off. The anger was incredible even though they could still get their own jobs done and earn their pay checks. People are like this at work. It doesn't matter how they are compensated. Folks hate the idea that things aren't fair, even if they actually are. It doesn't matter to the HW's if Yo has a special arrangement with Bravo. They think she isn't pulling her weight.

• Love 24

There could certainly be some truth about the Munchausen comment, but I think the reason behind the comment was Yo not showing up. Talking constantly about not being able to get out of bed for months, yet one month before filming she is in Holland for ten days. Why no mention of that when she was talking of never getting out of her bathrobe? We saw the pictures on Instagram, and shock of fucking shocks, she is out and about dressed like a normal person.

We know from what happened with Aviva on the NY show that these gals do care about the others showing up. It is a big deal to them. If she is too sick to do the work, fine. If she is well enough to travel all the way to Holland, why can't she go to The Hamptons for LVP's deal? If she can go to Holland, why can't she go to Dubai? If she can fly to NY for her big deal, why can't she at least show up to provide some type of support at Kyle's charity events or LVP's doggie deal? She didn't have to paint a house, but she could have handed out water bottles or provided support in some other manner. She does none of this. Even though she is too tired to attend Erika's dinner, she is healthy enough to hang out for the afternoon with Kim and Brandi. She makes choices to do other things that take her energy, but claims to be too weak for the work stuff. I don't understand how anyone could possibly claim that the others don't have the right to be irritated about this, especially considering the fact that Yo always throws them under the bus about her illness. They aren't supportive, they aren't good friends, they don't seek to understand.

I have little doubt that the root of a lot of anger had to do with Yo not attending the reunion last year (except for the hour she was there). Right after there were pictures of her flying off to some far off land. The reunion is the hardest thing they do each year. There was a lot of anger at Brandi. Yo has always gotten away with letting Brandi off the hook. I think they would have liked to have had her there so that she could have been held accountable to a certain extent. The fact that she wasn't there made it much easier for her. She claims to be too weak to participate, but then hops on a plane to go somewhere else.

They might all get paid differently and have different contracts, but all of us that have ever worked in an office know that people keep score. One of the biggest issues I ever delt with as an office manager was the anger the others felt about one gal who took too many smoke breaks. She was the only smoker in the office, and others were constantly irritated by watching her walk out back to take a break. It impacted them in zero manner. She was the first one at work in the morning and the last to leave. She didn't hang around the break room and gossip. She had no children and no husband to divide her time. She just worked, with several smoke breaks thrown in. People who made twice as much as her and worked half as hard were constantly complaining because of the visual of her walking past them to enjoy her vice. They were sure she was getting something they were not - more time to goof off. The anger was incredible even though they could still get their own jobs done and earn their pay checks. People are like this at work. It doesn't matter how they are compensated. Folks hate the idea that things aren't fair, even if they actually are. It doesn't matter to the HW's if Yo has a special arrangement with Bravo. They think she isn't pulling her weight.

A small observation?

If people were paying me to hang out, eat, drink and go fly off on  'business trips' to eat, drink and hang out? I'd be willing to do it for half of what my castmates were asking, but then again, I have an ass load of patience and suffer fools lightly........

• Love 2

You forgot to mention the encounter with Farmer Johannes in her home country...

"Deed I dayt joo? I do not remember dis ting that you speek of. No, no way - I do not dayt zee man wid no moh-nee."

She was so astonished that she didn't remember him.  How could she not remember someone she (allegedly) kissed?..and then in the next scene, without hesitation, said that she would have no problem prostituting herself if she needed money.   Would she expect to remember all those men? 

Tho something tells me she's been prostituting herself for money for years; Julio Iglesias, Mohammed Hadid, David Foster,...

• Love 3

Yo is the quintessential "topper". If you had a great day, she had a really, really great day. If you were sick, she was really, really, really sick. If you are busy, she is so, totally busy. You get the point. I've worked with 2 toppers and it is exhausting and irritating to the point of wanting to punch them in the throat when they do it, but luckily having the restraint to just do it mentally. I can only imagine how many times YoWoe has been mentally pummeled by the rest of the ladies.

I wonder if it's a cultural thing.  My inlaws are German, and EVERYTHING they do is "the best".  They sent their kids to the best school district, their car is the best, they got the best deal on their house, everything they do is the best way to do it, they always have the best meats, etc, etc. AND they are experts about everything too.  Visits with them are exhausting!

• Love 4

Does anyone know for sure, was that premium economy from LAX to Atlanta ? Or from Atlanta to Dubai ?   OR was that first class ??

I'm really interested because we are flying on Delta from ATL to Dublin on Premium Economy in September.  (Which is a 7 hour flight)   I didn't think those seats looked too bad at all.  Well.  For "common folk" such as Mr. jnymph  & myself.

I would check seat guru. Enter your flight details and see if anyone happened to post pictures of premium economy seats.

• Love 4

I've worked with at least 3 toppers and I'm pretty sure I handled them way better.

• Love 3

All I got out of this was that Yoyo's dress was about the ugliest thing I ever saw. Duck, squashed insect, bad design, bad taste, and all for too much money- all rolled into one.

And count me among the viewers who don't buy what Yo is selling. She's doing all this to remain on the show. I have no sympathy anymore.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 8

What struck me about this episode was the scan around the table during Yolanda's speech when she mentions her kids.  Bella looks relieved that people will excuse her previous escapade by blaming it on lyme disease.  Gigi looks like she believes her mom completely.  Anwar looks like he wants to run and hide like he can't believe he's got to go through this charade.  David looks like he can't wait to get the fuck out of crazy town.

• Love 15

She was so astonished that she didn't remember him.  How could she not remember someone she (allegedly) kissed?..and then in the next scene, without hesitation, said that she would have no problem prostituting herself if she needed money.   Would she expect to remember all those men? 

Tho something tells me she's been prostituting herself for money for years; Julio Iglesias, Mohammed Hadid, David Foster,...

"Ze mayn vood hav to pahy BEFOOR day getz too see miyh bagina. Dat way I vood not hav to remmembah who da mehn who want too get a free fook. Zen? I doan hav to kiss da cows for da sect-shul trills!!!"

What struck me about this episode was the scan around the table during Yolanda's speech when she mentions her kids.  Bella looks relieved that people will excuse her previous escapade by blaming it on lyme disease.  Gigi looks like she believes her mom completely.  Anwar looks like he wants to run and hide like he can't believe he's got to go through this charade.  David looks like he can't wait to get the fuck out of crazy town.

I bet he had an UBER driver waiting outside the front door, running the engine.

"I am going to the restroom, I'll be right back........"

• Love 3

I wonder if it's a cultural thing.  My inlaws are German, and EVERYTHING they do is "the best".  They sent their kids to the best school district, their car is the best, they got the best deal on their house, everything they do is the best way to do it, they always have the best meats, etc, etc. AND they are experts about everything too.  Visits with them are exhausting!

Too bad they are related to you..One of the more entertaining things to do to a 'topper' is right after they say something? You stop what you are doing and look at them with a blank or questioning look on your face and don't say a word. Hold it for a few seconds then go on like nothing happened. It freaks them out.

• Love 3

All my relatives are German (which makes me one, too) and I never noticed this.  But we do have the best meats.  ;-)

• Love 9

Well, reportedly, and I think it may be true, Yolanda didn't plan on coming back this year at all, because of her health (and now we know, possibly also because her marriage was in bad shape.)

Bravo didn't want to risk losing THREE housewives in one season, and Brandi and Kim were not coming back, so they accommodated her.  Actually, I feel like Yolanda has filmed quite a bit, but WORSE, even when she isn't there, she is pretty much the only topic of conversation (gossip) except for when they are gossiping about Kim.  Bravo told Yo, and put it in her contract to just show up when she could or blah blah blah.  The wives don't ALWAYS attend every little thing anyway.  Tempest in a Teapot.

Eileen gets paid the most, LVP has two shows on, they are all on the same show, but that doesn't mean they are "equal" in any way. 

Personally, I think this show is in the toilet.  The confrontation between Faye and Kathryn was a bust.  The stories are boring and almost always about someone who isn't even there, basically we could read gossip rags and get more.  It's just boring.  As much as people say Yolanda is to blame for most of this, I really don't see it that way.  They, for the most recent example are in DUBAI! 

So, what do they talk about?  The country, the customs, something cool they saw in the lobby, some local they met, fashion in the country, the different customs they've noticed, their own personal lives, or something sexy/funny/wrong/silly/weird their own husbands or family said or did, how good the food is, the book they read on the plane that made them think of something personal in their lives they want to improve on, how wonderful Lisa's march for the dogs was, what their husbands are doing back in the states, a friend who visited Dubai and said they really must see the -----?

No.  They talk (gossip, pick pick pick pickalot pickalittle more) about Yolanda.  Again.  The entire show is about Yolanda now, and it's not because of Yolanda, it's because she's a safe topic for all of them, keep the focus away from their own lives and secrets.  It's deliberate.  It's shady.  It's boring.  It's cheap.  It's demeaning to women showing that the ONLY thing this group of privileged women, even when they are in a different country, the ONLY thing they do is gossip about the member of their group that isn't there.  Oh, and then they gossip about who gossips most about...you got it, YOLANDA.  Or who had the idea to gossip about YOLANDA.  Or something YOLANDA said, did, posted. 

Seriously Bravo?  This is the best you can do?  Even in Dubai? 

Pathetic.

• Love 7

Well, reportedly, and I think it may be true, Yolanda didn't plan on coming back this year at all, because of her health (and now we know, possibly also because her marriage was in bad shape.)

Bravo didn't want to risk losing THREE housewives in one season, and Brandi and Kim were not coming back, so they accommodated her.  Actually, I feel like Yolanda has filmed quite a bit, but WORSE, even when she isn't there, she is pretty much the only topic of conversation (gossip) except for when they are gossiping about Kim.  Bravo told Yo, and put it in her contract to just show up when she could or blah blah blah.  The wives don't ALWAYS attend every little thing anyway.  Tempest in a Teapot.

Eileen gets paid the most, LVP has two shows on, they are all on the same show, but that doesn't mean they are "equal" in any way. 

Personally, I think this show is in the toilet.  The confrontation between Faye and Kathryn was a bust.  The stories are boring and almost always about someone who isn't even there, basically we could read gossip rags and get more.  It's just boring.  As much as people say Yolanda is to blame for most of this, I really don't see it that way.  They, for the most recent example are in DUBAI! 

So, what do they talk about?  The country, the customs, something cool they saw in the lobby, some local they met, fashion in the country, the different customs they've noticed, their own personal lives, or something sexy/funny/wrong/silly/weird their own husbands or family said or did, how good the food is, the book they read on the plane that made them think of something personal in their lives they want to improve on, how wonderful Lisa's march for the dogs was, what their husbands are doing back in the states, a friend who visited Dubai and said they really must see the -----?

No.  They talk (gossip, pick pick pick pickalot pickalittle more) about Yolanda.  Again.  The entire show is about Yolanda now, and it's not because of Yolanda, it's because she's a safe topic for all of them, keep the focus away from their own lives and secrets.  It's deliberate.  It's shady.  It's boring.  It's cheap.  It's demeaning to women showing that the ONLY thing this group of privileged women, even when they are in a different country, the ONLY thing they do is gossip about the member of their group that isn't there.  Oh, and then they gossip about who gossips most about...you got it, YOLANDA.  Or who had the idea to gossip about YOLANDA.  Or something YOLANDA said, did, posted. 

Seriously Bravo?  This is the best you can do?  Even in Dubai? 

Pathetic.

I really doubt that the main topic of conversation their first night in Dubai was Yolanda, was she part of it, Yes, as she was the only one missing from the group. We know from every single HW, past and present, that they film each scene for hours and then the producers edit it down to what they, the producers want, not what the HWs want, but what the producers want. More likely than not, the only time they spent talking about Yolanda was the 2 - 3 minutes we actually saw on the episode and nothing more than that.

Again, the HWs don't have any say about what the producers choose to keep and what they decided to edit out 99% of the time. We have to ask ourselves why the producers are so intent on using Yolanda's "illness" as the main storyline this season because, IMO, they are trying to tell/show us something. The fact that Yolanda has said that she feared they would do to her what they did to Brooks suggest they know her story is not what she tries to make it out to be.

• Love 14

I know WireWrap.

I'd have to assume that Bravo would want to air things they considered the least boring.

If the "wives" were bringing anything interesting to the table, they WOULD air that.  I see them as deliberately avoiding anything personal about themselves, and it really shows.  Yolanda is their go-to and I was over it months ago.  They will get personal about her, but not themselves.  Bravo can't air it if they don't do it.

• Love 9

I know WireWrap.

I'd have to assume that Bravo would want to air things they considered the least boring.

If the "wives" were bringing anything interesting to the table, they WOULD air that.  I see them as deliberately avoiding anything personal about themselves, and it really shows.  Yolanda is their go-to and I was over it months ago.  They will get personal about her, but not themselves.  Bravo can't air it if they don't do it.

I disagree, how many times has Bravo aired an episode with "missing footage" after the season is over and most of us enjoyed that far more than what they, the producers, chose to show during the season. I think the producers decide what they want the storyline to be without consulting any of the HWs outside asking them what they are "doing" during filming. They are showing us what they think we want to see based on ratings and they found that drama sells, controversy sells, fighting sells much more than real life sells or even more than humor/fun times sell. The only way to change it is to stop watching but then we risk them cancelling the show altogether.

Quite possibly because Kim has never had an event. Unless you want to count the lunch of hand-tossed chicken salad. :)

Kim had Kimberly's graduation party and, like Kokapetl pointed out, the nose reveal party. Neither of which Yolanda attended.

• Love 9

So you seriously believe that if one of the wives talked about something personal they wouldn't air it?

Lipsa says she's tired of sticking a dildo up Harry's butt, and has a younger lover on the side?

Eileen confessing that Vince's gambling is an issue between them and she is sick of working all the time, or hopes that now Vince's rich daddy is dead she can retire?

Lisa talking about worries about Ken's downward turn since his hip surgery?

Kyle talking about some wild party one of her daughter's attended or talking about how fun it is to finally be legitimately rich?

Kathryn talking about her painful divorce from Marcus and how it made it hard for her to trust again?

Whatever?

Because I disagree.  It would air.  Also, obviously I am only giving examples here, not saying any of that happened.  Whatever IS happening in their lives though?  We have no idea, because all the do it gossip about Yo, Kim, and sometimes, Brandi.

Lipsa is ENRAGED that Yo didn't attend a dinner and had a birthday lunch with Kim and Brandi?

Seriously folks?

ETA

This is not an endorsement of Bravo's crappy editing, what I'm saying here is that these "wives" have a tacit agreement to not disclose EACH OTHERS lives, other than the yearly gang up (hysterically about which one of them is BEHIND the gossip about Yo!,) and gossiping about people who aren't there.

Yawn.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

So you seriously believe that if one of the wives talked about something personal they wouldn't air it?

Lipsa says she's tired of sticking a dildo up Harry's butt, and has a younger lover on the side?

Eileen confessing that Vince's gambling is an issue between them and she is sick of working all the time, or hopes that now Vince's rich daddy is dead she can retire?

Lisa talking about worries about Ken's downward turn since his hip surgery?

Kyle talking about some wild party one of her daughter's attended or talking about how fun it is to finally be legitimately rich?

Kathryn talking about her painful divorce from Marcus and how it made it hard for her to trust again?

Whatever?

Because I disagree.  It would air.  Also, obviously I am only giving examples here, not saying any of that happened.  Whatever IS happening in their lives though?  We have no idea, because all the do it gossip about Yo, Kim, and sometimes, Brandi.

Lipsa is ENRAGED that Yo didn't attend a dinner and had a birthday lunch with Kim and Brandi?

Seriously folks?

I think you should send this to Bravo, you have a bright future writing for reality shows. :)

• Love 4

The first season is always best, because they haven't learned to band together and protect each other, while picking a target "wife" to dissect.

Maybe it just isn't possible to continue that freshness when they become pros about how to cover their asses?

• Love 6