Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Parting Shot

• Start Topic

This was a really well crafted episode. However, I worry it will be ultimately defined by hurting the overall series, of which I think we're in danger.

Bobbi and Lance may not have been the standout characters of the show, but Palicki and Blood were two of its most consistent performers. Hunter's brevity and comic relief really freed us from those moments being shoehorned into other characters, especially when Phil would turn into a Dad Joke personified. He could be be impulsive and reckless, but ultimately he was a good spy, and his motivations were always clear. Morse kicked a lot of ass in a show that has a lot off awesome ass-kicking women. And she was much easier to identify with than the cold and calculating May.

Moreover the actors (and Henry Simmons) really helped the young cast of the show turn in more reliable performances starting in the second season and flush out their characters starting in the second season.

And now, I guess this means we more Lincoln... Yayyy???

I know it's standard procedure to end an episode with a "warning! danger, will robinson!" sort of evil scene, but I thought it was really pointless to end on that boring moment between Malik and his daughter. Couldn't they have skipped it just this once? Especially after such a touching ending for Bobbi and Hunter, where I sobbed like a big stupid crybaby. (LOL.)

End on the high note, people! End on the high note.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this episode. It was so sad to see Bobbi and Hunter leave :(. I did like them all taking a shot for them. I was a bit confused on how the "spy goodbye" wouldn't draw attention. It would have made more sense for both of them to get a shot and have them notice there friends around them.

I liked that there was no zombie ward in this episode. It was great to get a break from that minus the last minute or so. Which I wished I stopped watching for.

Edited by blueray

I did wonder what exactly the point of disavowing Bobbi & Hunter (I'll be sad to see them go) because SHIELD is in any case not an official organisation. I can see the Russians going "We find you in our country in the future and we'll shoot you!" which would be fair enough, but since they're free to go about their business otherwise. To an extent, I can see the US going "What these two were doing is entirely nothing to do with us and we will do everything we can to stop them doing it again! We're shocked any US citizens could ever behave in such a manner!" I suppose to an extent it is useful to show just how seriously the US takes such utterly unauthorised activities by (relatively) throwing the book at them but it did seem otherwise a bit pointless - it's not a if the Russians believed what the President was saying. The good bye scene was pretty effective, though.

Really didn't care about HYDRA: The Next Generation!

(late to the party) I'm baffled by the villians' plan in this one.  Lure the Prime Minister to remote Siberia, and have General Shadow assassinate him -- which, come on, he only brought like 2 bodyguards, why not just shoot them all? Do you only get the power of the Prime Minister if you personally kill the previous one? -- and this is a "coup" exactly how?  It's not like they had a lot of time to set up loyalists throughout the government to seize power when the General declares himself Prime Minister.  I think Putin can rest easy knowing that this episode is not going to give his opposition any brilliant ideas.

And echoing the sentiment that "sorry, your cover has been blown, so now you can't work for this secret agency that does not officially exist" is weak tea.