Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Parting Shot

• Start Topic

I'm sad to see Hunter and Bobbie off the team.  I liked the end though - it was a great moment with the final round of drinks.  And Mack's expression.  Man.

I like the mission episodes like this one.  Not sure what to make of Malik's daughter.

It seems that the chaga mushroom Hunter was going on about is a real thing.  I'm impressed.

• Love 4

Holy crap that ending had me tearing up.  I don't want Hunter and Bobbi to leave the show!  That goodbye felt so final.  I know they have their own series on its way, but what if it doesn't work out?  This show has a too big cast that can use some culling, but Hunter and Bobbi are not the ones I want to see go.  They're easily the best additions the show has ever added.  I'll happily watch Marvel's Most Wanted when it comes on and hope it'll be great, but I can't help but think SHIELD will be poorer without them.  

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 12

Every so often this shoe hits one out of the ball park and makes me remember why I keep watching.   It is an imperfect and often frustrating show but then it gives an episode like this and I am back in.

I loved every moment of Bobbi and Hunter and will miss them.  And the ending was beautifully done.   What I liked most was that Colson got them a way out but they chose to take the fall for Shield.  It was their choice.  It made it all the more beautiful and tragic, 

I will miss them.

• Love 8

I get that they have to trim the cast a bit, but damn. Losing Hunter and Bobbi really sucks. They both added a lot to the show, both individually and as a duo. I really hope their spin off gets picked up. Did you hear me ABC, I will totally watch the spin off! I promise! At least their last scene was really well done. Mack's expression was just hard to look at. 

When Hunter was complaining about how they cant just get rid of people that have screwed with them anymore, I was like "You know Hunter, there`s this guy named Frank Castle hanging out in NYC right now who is speaking you language..." 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12

MTE xqueenfrostine. I was doing okay, until the last shot of Mack still holding that drink. I held on as long as I could, but it got incredibly dusty in my room right about then.

And to think I didn't even like Hunter or think he was a good match for Bobbi when they first showed up. Now i'm going to miss them so much!

• Love 4

Every so often this shoe hits one out of the ball park and makes me remember why I keep watching.   It is an imperfect and often frustrating show but then it gives an episode like this and I am back in.

This reminded of Ed Sullivan from WAY back in the the day -- we have have a really big show tonight (except he pronounced show like shoe).

Back on topic, I thought Bobbi and Hunter's reasons for leaving were .... kind of lame.

As a bonus, there seemed to be minimal amount of Lincoln 

• Love 3

Every so often this show hits one out of the ball park and makes me remember why I keep watching. It is an imperfect and often frustrating show but then it gives an episode like this and I am back in.

I loved every moment of Bobbi and Hunter and will miss them. And the ending was beautifully done. What I liked most was that Colson got them a way out but they chose to take the fall for Shield. It was their choice. It made it all the more beautiful and tragic,

I will miss them.

SO much this, I tried to avoid it but at the end I cried. I will definitely watch the new show but I will be doubly upset if it doesn't do well because they can't just rejoin Shield.

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 6

I'll admit it, I full on cried at the end. I was doing okay with Jemma tearing up and Daisy's watery smile, but Mack got me.

I'm going to miss Hunter's motor mouth and Bobbie's amazing fight scenes. AP is so much fun to watch in those, I think it's her height and long limbs that make her fight scenes look so fluid yet brutal.

I wish them luck in their spin off, but if it doesn't work out I hope this show can find a way to bring them back.

• Love 11

I want all the good things for Palicki and Blood so I hope their spinoff is successful (does it have a premiere date or is the pilot still being prepped?) but I am 100% certain that Bobbi and Hunter would be brought back to Shield if it doesn't work out. 

This was a great send off for the two characters and someone started chopping onions when they cut to Mack lingering with his shot.  Mack is already the best but I loved his friendships with Bobbi and Hunter and will miss that. 

I hope the characters get to take that vacation before their adventures get going.  They both deserve it.

• Love 4

The score in the last scene* was just gorgeous. Bear McCreary is a treasure. Between his work and Mack's face, I had no chance at all. *sniffle* I know CDs are an antique technology, but I'm an old and a collector, and I'd happily buy another soundtrack album. Hear that, Marvel? I bought the first AoS album; gimme another!

*last interesting scene. Sorry, Daughter of Malick.

• Love 6

Is it bad that a part of me is hoping the spinoff will fail so Bobbi and Hunter can come back to SHIELD?  I'm gonna miss those two crazy kids.  (Not to say I won't watch the spinoff, because I will.)

• Love 5
RandomMe, on 22 Mar 2016 - 9:23 PM, said:

MTE xqueenfrostine. I was doing okay, until the last shot of Mack still holding that drink. I held on as long as I could, but it got incredibly dusty in my room right about then.

And to think I didn't even like Hunter or think he was a good match for Bobbi when they first showed up. Now i'm going to miss them so much!

I wasn't moved by the rest of them, but dammit when they showed Mack...well it was a bit dusty here too.

I still don't like Hunter and Bobbi together as a couple, though I do like them individually.  That being said, I'm fine with Hunter leaving, but will so miss Bobbi. 

I'm glad that Bobbi and Hunter's farewell mission/episode was comprised of the old crew (aka we didn't have Lincoln running around with them).

Every shot of Mack in the bar was heartbreaking. I know the others will miss Bobbi and Hunter, but it was written all over his face, moreso than Jemma's or Daisy's. Poor Mack. At least he still has Fitz.

I get the point of a spy's goodbye, but the whole time I was thinking what, they can't arrange a private goodbye somewhere else? Come on! We need hugs!

• Love 3

I like this episode, but May's hypocritical b******* speech to Hunter really grated on my nerves. When she withheld the fact that she knew about Andrew and didn't tell anyone I wanted Hunter to say "You withholding information about Andrew and going off on your own; that was for the greater good?"

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 6

I teared up at Bobbi and Hunter leaving, Mack and Bobbi's faces!! Ill miss both characters espically the gorgeous strong Badass Bobbi Morse. ABC please pick up the spinoff I'll watch that shit for Sure!

• Love 1

No Lincoln, no Ward, so that's a plus. 

I didn't understand how General Melisandre's Shadowbaby assassin worked -- the attaché's neck was crushed with no signs of physical trauma -- the shadowbaby looked like it was putting some serious physical trauma on Bobbi / Daisy etc.

I liked how they portrayed the Russian police as basically competent guys just trying to do their job.  Usually in these sorts of stories Bobbi and Hunter would have been interrogated by a moustache-twirling evil counter-spy who would have threatened torture, etc. 

I don't know the comics:  were we supposed to recognize Malick's daughter?  Is she going to turn out to be an Inhuman, or is she going to be the next head of Hydra when they inevitably kill off Malick Sr so they can stop paying Powers Booth's high salary?

• Love 1

I like this episode, but May's hypocritical b******* speech to Hunter really grated on my nerves. When she withheld the fact that she knew about Andrew and didn't tell anyone I wanted Hunter to say "You withholding information about Andrew and going off on your own; that was for the greater good?"

Lately, there has been a lot of hypocritical  bs speeches coming from May and Daisy; I can't explain why and it is annoying. Which, IMO, just slows down show and also wants me to scream, "Hey listen to yourself and realized this...." Personally, Hunter was just Hunter so I wasn't really crying over him (although, he does have a good point about Creel) but hearing May being upset at him (and for what really?) was stupid. Also hearing Daisy talk about how special her Inhuman powers, that she does not like a vaccine because it may limit the numbers of future Inhumans (even though if they give people the choice to decided or not to decide would probably be the best thing).

No Lincoln, no Ward, so that's a plus. 

I didn't understand how General Melisandre's Shadowbaby assassin worked -- the attaché's neck was crushed with no signs of physical trauma -- the shadowbaby looked like it was putting some serious physical trauma on Bobbi / Daisy etc.

I liked how they portrayed the Russian police as basically competent guys just trying to do their job.  Usually in these sorts of stories Bobbi and Hunter would have been interrogated by a moustache-twirling evil counter-spy who would have threatened torture, etc. 

I don't know the comics:  were we supposed to recognize Malick's daughter?  Is she going to turn out to be an Inhuman, or is she going to be the next head of Hydra when they inevitably kill off Malick Sr so they can stop paying Powers Booth's high salary?

I also thought that having no Lincoln was a good sign. 

I was thinking that the Russian attaché''s neck was crush by a Sith force choke (and I was so hoping that someone was going to say that) and/or someone yelling, " It's a shadow person!".

I think those weren't Russians interrogating them but a third party (Interpol to be exact) and I thought that the cop guy was supposed to be French and not Russian.

As with Malick's daughter, I so want her to become the MCU's version of Madame Hydra!

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

What was weird was Agent May will create a diversion. You have a walking earthquake maker standing right there. What is a better diversion some guard going hand to hand or a natural disaster?

As far as I can determine he was created for Agents of SHIELD TV, it may have been the plan when Powers Booth was signed for a small role in the shadows of the Avengers, but probably not. He got signed 

• Love 2

I thought Bobbi and Hunter's reasons for leaving were .... kind of lame.

Yeah, I am not sure about having an episode showcasing two characters who are spies -- where they aren't very good at spying. They managed to get caught not just once, but twice. And the first time was by a group of soldiers who they failed to notice approaching right in front of them. 

The final bar scene felt contrived. For what reason would SHIELD start  "playing by the rules" ? SHIELD is an illegal shadow organization now -- basically in the same way that Hydra is.  Shouldn't it have been relatively easy for the advanced, high-tech SHIELD team to extract Bobbi and Hunter from the regular Russian government? Is Hydra the only group capable of snatching people up into a waiting aircraft? 

It just seems so arbitrary as to when SHIELD has sci-fi technology and when they don't.

To me, SHIELD only works as a massive, high profile government organization -- like an uber NSA or CIA -- with heli-carriers, command centers and an army of agents. Secret SHIELD just doesn't have the intimidation factor that a sanctioned government agency would have. It doesn't allow Coulson to have any bureaucratic swagger when dealing with people -- which is basically what he does best. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 6

I like Hunter anyway, but he had some great lines last night and they were delivered delightfully.  I especially liked when he was on the ground comming with Fitz and started to ask about whether Jemma (Gemma?  I'm forgetful today) and Fitz had watched the documentary.

Was I hearing things or was Fitz calling Bobbi "Bird"(which I assuming is Mockingbird)?  Have they clearly established she is supposed to be Mockingbird and/or referred to her that way previously?

I was tense throughout the ep as the lead in said "someone will not return" (or words to that effect).  I wasn't worried about Hunter and Bobbi since I knew from here there was supposed to be a spinoff (crosses fingers), but when Mack took those blows by ShadowMan I was seriously worried that they might have meant Mack.  And then when he was the last one to salute them at the bar I was afraid he was going with them to the not-yet-confirmed-spinoff.

Lately, there has been a lot of hypocritical  bs speeches coming from May and Daisy; I can't explain why and it is annoying. Which, IMO, just slows down show and also wants me to scream, "Hey listen to yourself and realized this...." Personally, Hunter was just Hunter so I wasn't really crying over him (although, he does have a good point about Creel) but hearing May being upset at him (and for what really?) was stupid. Also hearing Daisy talk about how special her Inhuman powers, that she does not like a vaccine because it may limit the numbers of future Inhumans (even though if they give people the choice to decided or not to decide would probably be the best thing).

The show tends to twist character's in order to setup plots. They did it last season pretty hard with Simmon's sudden and obsessive xenophobia. They've done it a few times with Skye.

The second half of this season it feels like they're trying to put the team on different sides of the Inhuman problem to drive a schism in the team. We've seen multiple conversations about it, and a lot of consternation from the non-powered team members about how they'll continue doing their job against Inhumans.

• Love 1

I must be stupid, I didn't understand why they had to be disavowed, so I read the recap. I still don't get it. So I'll just say I always loved Bobbi and Hunter and will miss them. They were always good for comic relief.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is not supposed to exist, so they (and POTUS and Coulson) can't tell the Russians that they're SHIELD agents because that would cause an international incident. They can't tell the Russians that they work for some other US intelligence agency cause that would also cause an international incident, So they have to pretend to be some random ex-spies who just happened to wander into and stop an attempt on the Russian PM's life.

• Love 2

I must be stupid, I didn't understand why they had to be disavowed, so I read the recap. I still don't get it. So I'll just say I always loved Bobbi and Hunter and will miss them. They were always good for comic relief.

Two ex spies walk into a bar.

For all intents and purposes POTUS has to tell the Russian guy they don't work for him or it causes a thing. Coulson gave them an out that they could work for him as office type lab people like Fitz and Simmons mostly do/did but they don't paricularly like or do well in that roll so they let POTUS disavow them to protect SHIELD which isn't supposed to exist.

They can't work for anyone one else because besides...reasons...if they are ever caught or even seen doing spy stuff again it will cause a thing with whoever catches or sees them...and the. Russians.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Was that Bethany Joy Lenz as Malick's daughter?

Im really confused about the status of "Marvel's Most Wanted". I thought it had already been ordered to series under that deal with John Ridley Scott, and that they had shot the pilot last summer/fall whixh is why we barely saw Hunter & Bobbi for a lot of fall eps.

*sniff* Hunter & Bobbi *sniffsniff_eyeswelling* I denied that this would be the turn of events since the SO was discussed last season. I wish some ambitious fan would create a LoveForHunterBobbi montage (maybe set to "Stand by You?" or maybe "Thinking Out Loud?") and post on YouTube.

I love AoS, I really do, but I'm back to feeling like we're treading water until the premiere of CA:CW. If SHIELD can't really affect any change except a random thwarting of an assassination, what good are they? If the Inhuman issue is creating a global arms race, then shouldn't legitimate and avowed agencies be working the issue? I guess this time filler is needed until Coulson sees HIVE and the Secret Warriors become world wide pariahs or something.

Edited by Tarasme

Good episode.  Sad that we lost Hunter and Bobbi, but I am assuming that if the spinoff is not picked up (or if it fails), that they will back.

I will miss Hunter on this show especially, the character is just so funny.  Loved when he started waxing poetic about mushroom soup.

Was I hearing things or was Fitz calling Bobbi "Bird"(which I assuming is Mockingbird)?  Have they clearly established she is supposed to be Mockingbird and/or referred to her that way previously?

I think clearly she is supposed to be Mockingbird.  She has the same name and the same battle staves.  However, they have obviously taken liberties and diverged her storyline from the comics, most noticeably with the absence of Hawkeye.  "Bird" is used here apparently just as a call sign.  They don't call Daisy "Quake" on the show but it's obvious that she is Quake.

I thought she was indeed referred to as Mockingbird at least once on the show in the past, but can't remember the details.

• Love 2

I don't think I'm ever gonna recover from that goodbye scene. It was just so sad. And Mack was crying! And nearly everyone else was at least tearing up. And if the Most Wanted pilot doesn't get picked up, how will they write them back into the show? I'm really going to miss their dynamic with the rest of the team. Thank God for fanfiction...

• Love 1

Thanks blackwing.  My profound lack of comic book canon is my own fault - having older brothers who had a ton of comics, I was negligent in reading them.  I am decently versed in MAD Magazine from the late 60s to mid 70s though.

Wow, that bar scene was hard to watch. So sad Bobbi and Hunter are gone, but at least they are together. I missed the scene between Malik and his daughter, must have been getting the dust out of my eyes.

• Love 1

I figured they had to get ready to set-up Bobbi and Hunter for their potential spin-off at some point, but I figured it would be closer to the season finale, so I was surprised they already did it now, and how sad it was.  The rest of the team giving them a "spy's good-bye" was a great send-off.  I'm especially glad that they were wise enough to have Mack be the final one, because he really did have the strongest relationship with those two (I mean, sure there was that one time he knocked out Hunter and chained him to the toilet, but every relationship has its ups and downs!)  Henry Simmons was fantastic in that moment.  Poor Mack.

Overall, it was good potential final episode for those two, and it's pretty crazy that even though they weren't introduced until the second season, they really did become part of this team, and it won't be the same without them.  I will miss them and I'm looking forward to their spin-off, assuming it gets picked up.  Adrianne Palicki is always a treat, and I thought Nick Blood really grew into his own, once Hunter went past just the snarky Brit, and was allowed to have layers.  I can totally see these two heading their own show.

Glad they got President William Sadler to stop by for a scene.

Inhuman of the week really did remind of me of the Shadow Baby from Game of Thrones.

As badass as she is, Melinda is still annoying anytime she harps on Hunter about putting Andrew's life in danger.  Even if he was motivated by revenge, removing Ward would have saved everyone a lot of headache, so he made the right call, in my opinion.

I guess Gideon having a daughter was suppose to be big revelation.  Always fun seeing Haley from One Tree Hill though (sorry Bethany Joy Lenz, but that's who you will always be to me.)  Maybe she'll be related to Chad Michael Murray's Jack from Agent Carter somehow.  Now, that would be hilarious!

Really good episode.

• Love 1

S.H.I.E.L.D. is not supposed to exist, so they (and POTUS and Coulson) can't tell the Russians that they're SHIELD agents because that would cause an international incident. They can't tell the Russians that they work for some other US intelligence agency cause that would also cause an international incident, So they have to pretend to be some random ex-spies who just happened to wander into and stop an attempt on the Russian PM's life.

Okay, I guess I do understand it and just think it's lame! I've been reading a lot of suspense novels lately and I think the writers could have done better here. Thanks (also to Chaos Theory)!

Then there is also the matter of the Inhuman issue. I think the Russian guy accused POTUS and more to the point SHIELD of collecting Inhumans which is technically true. Bobbi and Hunter were right about one thing. They didn't have any good options. All their options were bad ones so they picked the one that worked bes for them.

It's all comes down them making a choice that worked for them. Yes the show probably could have invented some tech that changed their face whenever it needed to but honestly that would have felt like a cop out to me. I liked this because it felt like real life and real consiquences to the life these people lead.

For this show to feel real every so often someone has to die or get into a jam they just can't get out of.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

So we lose Bobbi and Hunter but keep Lincoln?  That’s not a victory for anyone.

No kidding. Although I was really glad there was no stupid Lincoln/Daisy kissy kissy scenes this ep.

I guess Bora Bora beats TAHITI if you gotta choose. :)

If they're talking islands, I'd be partial to New Zealand.

• Love 1

At least Hunter won't have to take anymore bullshit from May.  The mission was to get Ward. She wanted him to blow the mission because her ex was being threatened and now she spends three episodes complaining about Hunter feeling the same way?

If they had to lose a couple, too bad they couldn't dump Daisy and Lincoln. 

• Love 2

Finally got to watch the episode. Sniff. I really will miss Bobbi and Hunter. I never thought I'd enjoy their relationship this much, but they really grew on me. I love them as a couple and I loved them as members of the team. Whatever other fuckups the writers have committed, they wrote a solid team with good team interaction and likeable characters, and Hunter and Bobbi were definitely part of that. They really brought a nice bit of comic relief to the show. I hope the writers will be able to continue writing some good bits of comedy, because I think it's desperately needed on this show.

No Lincoln. No Ward. Episode is better because of it.

• Love 2

Surprised by the positive reaction here.  I thought the reasons for disavowing them didn't make a whole lot of sense in context with what we've seen for 3 seasons, and the spy's goodbye made even less sense.  If we're supposed to believe that disavowing them from SHIELD is so freakin' important, then gathering known SHIELD agents into a bar for a big showy drink-salute that draws the attention of at least the bartender and the surveillance guy and likely anyone else who's paying attention just doesn't seem like the best of ideas.  I'll miss the characters, but I wish the writers could have come up with a less contrived way to get them off the show.  With May and Daisy giving some hypocritical holier-than-thou speech every week, I'll miss the fun Bobbi and Hunter brought to the show.

• Love 6