Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Snarklepuss

The Kitchen

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, LazyToaster said:

I saw on FaceBook today that Sunny is returning to (inside) the kitchen. 

I just saw her on the Rachael Ray show.  She said "People are sick of me being outside, they're sick of it.  I'm going to go back inside.  I'm sick of it too, Rachael".

Well there you go.  No mention of when, though.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, buttersister said:

And everyone’s dear friend Bobby Flay on Zoom, hocking his new book, new season and taking a spelling test. I couldn’t make this shit up.

Speaking of spelling, it's "hawking."  Unless he's getting a loan against the book at a pawn shop.

I though the spelling test was funny.  And that he sent Sunny a gift basket...for her dog.  Consisting of items from his new pet products line.  Not exactly the invitations to dinner at his house that Katie Lee has mentioned. 

Back to previous episodes: This afternoon, Mr. Outlier was having a sandwich called the Porky, which is just a bunch of barbecue on ciabatta, just plain, with potato chips on the side.  I had a few bites, and a few chips, and suggested, "Have you thought about putting a layer of chips on the sandwich?" and he said, "I would if I were Jeff Mauro." 

He doesn't even watch the show!  I'm afraid that I may have spent some of our precious time together on this earth talking about Jeff's ardor for potato chips in recipes. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I just saw her on the Rachael Ray show.  She said "People are sick of me being outside, they're sick of it.  I'm going to go back inside.  I'm sick of it too, Rachael".

Well there you go.  No mention of when, though.

🙄  Hey Sunny--a lot of people are more than sick of you (+ being outside the studio). So, here's a big-A tip: when you come in from the cold, bring along some interesting, **new** recipes with ya. Please!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Speaking of spelling, it's "hawking."  Unless he's getting a loan against the book at a pawn shop.

I'm thinking it may have been said in the Yiddish sense of "hocking" which means loosely to bother or nag on incessantly about something.  It comes from the phrase don't "hokn a chaynik" which literally means "don't knock my teakettle".  My father used to tell me to stop hocking his chaynik when I was a little kid, LOL  Bobby, being from Queens probably grew up with that expression like a lot of New Yorkers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I'm thinking it may have been said in the Yiddish sense of "hocking" which means loosely to bother or nag on incessantly about something.  It comes from the phrase don't "hokn a chaynik" which literally means "don't knock my teakettle".  My father used to tell me to stop hocking his chaynik when I was a little kid, LOL  Bobby, being from Queens probably grew up with that expression like a lot of New Yorkers.

Hocking. I learned this useful Yiddish expression (among many good ones) from a college roommate many years ago.  "Quit hocking me!" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Bobby, being from Queens probably grew up with that expression like a lot of New Yorkers.

He grew up on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, not Queens.

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

He grew up on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, not Queens.

Years ago I always heard he was born in Queens.  But it doesn't matter where he was raised re: his vocabulary anyway.  Or whoever said the phrase as most of them whether or not from NY, are familiar enough with its culture by now to know those expressions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size