Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Snarklepuss

The Kitchen

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The last home episode Geoffrey was in a totally different kitchen. Maybe he has two homes. One in the city and one in the burbs. One had a modern white kitchen and the other one he is usually in has a dated kitchen. It was distracting me. It doesn't take much. 

Was the dated looking kitchen sort of beige/dark cream colors? I was surprised to see a top chef's home kitchen looking so dowdy.

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Was the dated looking kitchen sort of beige/dark cream colors? I was surprised to see a top chef's home kitchen looking so dowdy.

I think he said he spent the summer near Niagra so I suspect that's his other kitchen we saw. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff showed up on Rachel Ray this morning, although it was clearly taped much earlier (sunny and warm outside, as opposed to grey and rainy for days). He's started a line of products called Mauro's Provisions. Partnered with some boyhood pals who are butchers, looks like he's hawking their steaks, some boyhood memory sausage and a line of "craft" giardiniera that I'll bet is priced on the high side (didn't click on the preorder link). At least the products are bespoke. Yet.

His restaurants didn't make it (failed before the pandemic). TV fame is fleeting. Always Be Hustlin'--anyone want to start the over/under on when MP products show up on The Kitchen? (Ha, apologies if they already have!)

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 5:11 AM, Toothbrush said:

I thought that Jeff's squash queso sounded horrible

I forgot to respond to this but a few years ago, one of the hosts of The Chew (*sniff* RIP) made squash mac and cheese.  The base was similarish to Jeff's.  It was really good on Day 1.  It was less good later on but I think part of that was related to the fact that I had already tossed it with the pasta and so I couldn't manipulate the sauce on subsequent days.

 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff & Lorenzo need their own "cooking & whatnot" show. That kid is a-dorable. I missed GZ's demo (having laptop worked on) in preparing his focaccia but it looked good. Need to try that. I might try Sunny's Buffalo chicken rolls just because I'm intrigued by Buffalo chicken.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Jeff & Lorenzo need their own "cooking & whatnot" show. That kid is a-dorable. I missed GZ's demo (having laptop worked on) in preparing his focaccia but it looked good. Need to try that. I might try Sunny's Buffalo chicken rolls just because I'm intrigued by Buffalo chicken.

Agreed on Lorenzo! He may the next Hunter Fieri. KIDDING! The hate for Hunter is strong on the Fieri forum, LOL.

Geoffrey's demo on decorating the focaccia seemed a little half-hearted. I don't think that's his thing. It's a very cool idea though, and there are lots of great photos online, such as:

image.png.ca63356e56360b4109a1b2a3f44d08e1.png

In other news, does anyone know how old Ava is? Could she be... 13? Why does Alex feel the need to announce her age multiple times, and talk about Ava's 13-year-old's disdain for her, on every episode? It's weird. I thought Alex's sandwich looked gross. Just too much. French toast, plus eggs, plus more and more butter, plus cheese, plus ham, plus turkey, plus maple syrup. Ugh.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

The hate for Hunter is strong on the Fieri forum, LOL

What in the world?  Fill me in - why do people HATE Hunter Fieri?  He seems like a good kid — very well-adjusted for growing up with wealth and a highly visible father.  I like Hunter.  He doesn’t showboat or try to be a copy of his dad (who I also like).  

Jeff and his son are great to watch — Laurenzo has really grown up nicely.  

I tend to barely watch Alex and her daughter’s segments.  

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

What in the world?  Fill me in - why do people HATE Hunter Fieri?  He seems like a good kid — very well-adjusted for growing up with wealth and a highly visible father.  I like Hunter.  He doesn’t showboat or try to be a copy of his dad (who I also like).  

Jeff and his son are great to watch — Laurenzo has really grown up nicely.  

I tend to barely watch Alex and her daughter’s segments.  

I'm with you regarding Alex and her daughter's segments.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

What in the world?  Fill me in - why do people HATE Hunter Fieri?  He seems like a good kid — very well-adjusted for growing up with wealth and a highly visible father.  I like Hunter.  He doesn’t showboat or try to be a copy of his dad (who I also like).  

Jeff and his son are great to watch — Laurenzo has really grown up nicely.  

I tend to barely watch Alex and her daughter’s segments.  

I don't want to highjack this thread to be about Hunter Fieri. 😇 Check out the Guy's Grocery Games thread, starting around July.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Thank you - I went over to that thread and read a good bit.  Really ugly stuff from behind a computer about a young man who seems like a good kid and is pretty innocuous.  But moving on...back to The Kitchen.

Yes, it is very similar to the treatment of Alex's daughter Ava over here. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

But moving on...back to The Kitchen.

Yes. I apologize for the joke I made about Laurenzo vs. Hunter, I meant for it to be lighthearted and did not intend for it to turn into a thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

So, about the pizza pot pie or whatever it was that Jeff made, like Alex's sandwich, it was a turnoff for me. Too much cheese. Too much pepperoni, even though I had to laugh that he channeled Ina Garten by saying to use "good" pepperoni and "good" cheese. Thanks for that, Jeff! The bowls actually looked dangerous to bake and handle.

By the time it got to Sunny hollowing out King's Hawaiian rolls, I was pretty much over this episode. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

30 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Yes. I apologize for the joke I made about Laurenzo vs. Hunter, I meant for it to be lighthearted and did not intend for it to turn into a thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

So, about the pizza pot pie or whatever it was that Jeff made, like Alex's sandwich, it was a turnoff for me. Too much cheese. Too much pepperoni, even though I had to laugh that he channeled Ina Garten by saying to use "good" pepperoni and "good" cheese. Thanks for that, Jeff! The bowls actually looked dangerous to bake and handle.

By the time it got to Sunny hollowing out King's Hawaiian rolls, I was pretty much over this episode. 

Couldn't understand Ava's hangup about melting swiss cheese.  It happens all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

By the time it got to Sunny hollowing out King's Hawaiian rolls, I was pretty much over this episode. 

Well, I must not have been paying close attention this morning. I didn't realize those were Hawaiian rolls--too sweet for me. They're almost a dessert! But I like the idea of Buffalo chicken in a roll. Think I'll look around for a similar recipe that calls for homemade rolls.

I *was* paying attention during Alex's segment & was stunned that she was using French toast to make her sandwich. My arteries started clogging just from watching those sammies being made.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, cameron said:

Couldn't understand Ava's hangup about melting swiss cheese.  It happens all the time.

She’s a teenager! No explanation needed! 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, annzeepark914 said:

Well, I must not have been paying close attention this morning. I didn't realize those were Hawaiian rolls--too sweet for me. They're almost a dessert! But I like the idea of Buffalo chicken in a roll. Think I'll look around for a similar recipe that calls for homemade rolls.

I *was* paying attention during Alex's segment & was stunned that she was using French toast to make her sandwich. My arteries started clogging just from watching those sammies being made.

In fairness, Sunny said that one can use savory or sweet pre-made rolls. Or homemade, if you're up for it! I thought the chicken filling sounded pretty good. If we ever have social gatherings again, I bet those rolls stuffed with Buffalo chicken & bleu cheese would be a hit.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

She’s a teenager! No explanation needed! 

Don'r think so.

Used to melt swiss cheese all the time on sandwiches at that age or younger.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, cameron said:

Don'r think so.

Used to melt swiss cheese all the time on sandwiches at that age or younger.

Well good for you but I don’t think I’d call her reaction a “hangup.” As always on FN, probably producers wanting the kids’ reactions and comments. She probably has seen Swiss melting on a Sammy before but it seems like you pick on her often. I could be wrong, though.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

I *was* paying attention during Alex's segment & was stunned that she was using French toast to make her sandwich. My arteries started clogging just from watching those sammies being made.

It's a Monte Cristo.  That's just sort of what they are.  I thought I'd like them so I tried them once but the place I got mine added strawberry jam and powdered sugar---too sweet for me.  But if she didn't add syrup, I don't think I'd hate it.  Not that I'd ever make it either.

The thing that turned me off the most in this episode was the notion of mini pancakes or mini waffles in a bowl with milk.  I just don't get that.  They'd get mushy, wouldn't they?  Is milk a thing people often have with pancakes and waffles? 

Share this post


Link to post

I had a Monte Cristo sandwich many years ago at the Readers Digest company cafeteria (summer job). I loved it but don't recall the toast being sweet (like French toast). I'm going to make a similar sandwich, but closer to a grilled cheese with turkey & ham. All I need is some turkey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

thought it funny when Ava questioned if the pan was the right temperature.

Seeing her typical teenage daughter give her a hard time on the regular makes me dislike Alex less. Another vote for the @ home shows being better than the studio messes.

Having said that, the sandwich reminded me of someone using donuts to make a fried chicken sandwich. Monte cristo, similar to a croque monsieur, isn’t low cal to begin with. Alex’s need to kick it up or elevate it or just fuck with it seemed ill-advised to me. What does FN call it? Cheffy? No sale.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't seen any "hatred" for either Ava or Hunter on either forum.  Hatred is a strong word and criticism does not equal hatred in my book.  This forum exists to potentially criticize the people we see on these shows, so I don't see what the problem is.  Do I think all of the criticism has been fair?  Maybe some of it has and some of it hasn't.  That's my opinion, but I don't think even unfair critical opinions equal hatred by a long shot.  When I say that I worry about Ava's health and other issues she might face as a result of her weight, does that equal hatred or bashing or whatever?  I don't think so.  I think it means I'm concerned for her, which is actually the opposite of hatred.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I finally saw the weeknight warrior episode today. Everyone's food looked good. Of course I enjoyed watching a chef make veggie/cheese quesadillas the way I do--including a dollop of sour cream on top. I should let Alex know that homemade salsa is good on top of that sour cream.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I finally saw the weeknight warrior episode today. Everyone's food looked good. Of course I enjoyed watching a chef make veggie/cheese quesadillas the way I do--including a dollop of sour cream on top. I should let Alex know that homemade salsa is good on top of that sour cream.  

Me too, LOL.  And it was a keeper.  I want to make at least 3 things from that episode, especially Katie's meatloaf.  In fact, Mr. Yeah No says he wouldn't mind if I made that plus her sweet potato fries on Thanksgiving, as it's just going to be us.  We'll see if he still feels that way in a few weeks.  Either way, I'm going to make it soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 10:09 PM, Irlandesa said:

I forgot to respond to this but a few years ago, one of the hosts of The Chew (*sniff* RIP) made squash mac and cheese.  The base was similarish to Jeff's.  It was really good on Day 1.  It was less good later on but I think part of that was related to the fact that I had already tossed it with the pasta and so I could manipulate the sauce on subsequent days.

 

Oh, I still miss the chew😥.

The Chew was one of those shows that changed me. Cooking live with Sara Moulton. Julia Childs on PBS. Obviously not all equal but all a cooking show that held my attention and made me want to try new recipes, and actually cook.

Regarding swiss cheese gate😁 as a teen I hated swiss cheese. So I didn't think much of Ava saying that.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was never fond of Swiss Cheese - then a few years ago realized I was allergic to it.  That happens a lot - usually if you don't like a food but can't fully articulate why (texture or taste) it is because you are allergic to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Saw the Mauro Provisions’ Giardinera on Jeff’s counter during the pizza pot pie (or whatever it’s called) segment. They’re sold out online. 3 pack for ~$30 with different heat levels. I’m sure he had to get approval for that product placement but good for him and his buddies. Their meat sourcing looks local which I’m all for. 

Jeff has grown on me since his FNS days, he reminds me of my brother, when he says something funny and awaits the response he gets this look on his face that is really similar to my brother who does the same thing. It’s amusing. 

I’m with Ava- I also don’t like Swiss Cheese and I am not a picky eater. Even gruyere is not appealing unless it’s paired with something to mask that alpine bitter nasal funk. A lot of things I didn’t like as a kid I now like but Swiss has never become yum. 

I liked the technique of that egg sandwich, I might try it with regular bread. 

Edited by Refresh · Reason: They’re their

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Refresh said:

Saw the Mauro Provisions’ Giardinera on Jeff’s counter during the pizza pot pie (or whatever it’s called) segment.

Me, too. I recognized the label from a previous Google search, but thought they'd turned it just enough not to be a full on-camera product placement. I could see him making a case for that, but I could also be wrong. 

He makes a pitch for the peppers being premium, but $10 seems a little steep for giardinera.

Share this post


Link to post

Good show today. They really need to keep this format. You truly get to see what/how they're cooking foods (which, IMO, wasn't *always* obvious when they were in the studio). Plus, as we've mentioned before, you get to see their real personalities (especially GZ--who knew he was such a nice guy? I sure didn't). The weird candy tryouts at the end were fun. I think I'll try Katie's kale salad & Jeff's apple sausage dish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I only caught a few minutes today - the end of Alex's segment when she was dishing up her gratin. She certainly has a collection of beautiful plates.

I also strongly prefer this format, for the reasons @annzeepark914 mentioned.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I only caught a few minutes today - the end of Alex's segment when she was dishing up her gratin. She certainly has a collection of beautiful plates.

She certainly does.  She's also continuing to go against the script and give the actual amounts of the ingredients.  That's no way to drive traffic to the Food Network website.

Zakarian needs to check the settings on his tanning bed.  Eleven, when going into Fall, is a bit much.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She certainly does.  She's also continuing to go against the script and give the actual amounts of the ingredients.  That's no way to drive traffic to the Food Network website.

Zakarian needs to check the settings on his tanning bed.  Eleven, when going into Fall, is a bit much.

I didn't realize they weren't supposed to give amounts.  Alex is probably just used to doing that.

Zakarian, I think, is of Armenian heritage. My sister's husband is as well and they just need to walk outside in the sun and are blessed with instant tans.  As a matter of fact, GZ looks like he could be my BIL's brother. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

I didn't realize they weren't supposed to give amounts.  Alex is probably just used to doing that.

I don't know if they're not supposed to, but it's always been something that bugged me about the show.  Some chicken.  A little bit of cumin.  Olive oil.  The full recipe can be found on the Food Network website.

 

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Zakarian, I think, is of Armenian heritage. My sister's husband is as well and they just need to walk outside in the sun and are blessed with instant tans. 

That's not what it looks like to me.  The back top of his head, where his hair is thin, is lighter than his face, and his face is very evenly tan all the way up into the hairline.  I thought maybe he was playing golf, but if so he's not wearing sunglasses or a visor, and he's not wearing a golf glove because his hands are very evenly tan, too.

Share this post


Link to post

Note to Alex: Closeups are not your friend. Get those eyebrows done.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's not what it looks like to me.  The back top of his head, where his hair is thin, is lighter than his face, and his face is very evenly tan all the way up into the hairline.  I thought maybe he was playing golf, but if so he's not wearing sunglasses or a visor, and he's not wearing a golf glove because his hands are very evenly tan, too.

Spray tans?  GZ and his 2 daughters Zoomed on Rachael Ray's daily show last week to plug their new cookbook.  All of them were about 9 shades darker than their photos on the book cover, LOL, and I had the same thought as you, that it's a little late in the season for that.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to make KL's chicken bolognese..it looked good, evaporated milk and all. When Alex made her popovers, it reminded me of making them one Xmas season and filling them with peppermint ice cream, drizzling fudge sauce all over them. Yum!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Points to Katie for selling that chicken dish, but a tablespoon of chili powder in a bolognese? Please call it something else.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Surprise, surprise. Sunny doesn't show us her kitchen pantry. I guess she doesn't have a pantry. Is she going to cook outside in the snow, too? 

Katie knew in advance the episode was going to involve showing the pantry. Take a few minutes and clean it up while Ryan watches the baby. Geesh! Earn your paycheck. 

Alex's popovers looked so good. Are they really that easy to make? If yes, I may have to give it a try. I'm not good at making any bread, biscuit, or anything involving dough. That includes pie crust and homemade pasta. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Surprise, surprise. Sunny doesn't show us her kitchen pantry. I guess she doesn't have a pantry. Is she going to cook outside in the snow, too? 

Yeah, I don't understand why Sunny never cooks inside. She must have a pantry...even I a lowly home cook have one. (Mostly like Alex's)  LOL is Sunny homeless?? Just kidding.... but hmmm.

Alex at least was honest about the disorder in her pantry and I thought good for her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm assuming Sunny's kitchen is pretty bad and that's why she doesn't want it on camera.  I think someone said she recently moved to NJ so if she bought a new house the kitchen may need a return.  OTOH, maybe she just doesn't want her personal space broadcast on national TV.   She's never talked about who's doing camera for her so she may just be a private person.  

 But what's really important is...she's guest editor of FN Magazine this month?   Did you hear she's guest editor this month?    They only mentioned it like 50 times on the episode so you may have missed she's guest editor this month.  So if you missed it, she's guest editor of FN Magazine this month.  Guest. Editor. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I'm assuming Sunny's kitchen is pretty bad and that's why she doesn't want it on camera.  I think someone said she recently moved to NJ so if she bought a new house the kitchen may need a return.  OTOH, maybe she just doesn't want her personal space broadcast on national TV.   She's never talked about who's doing camera for her so she may just be a private person.  

 But what's really important is...she's guest editor of FN Magazine this month?   Did you hear she's guest editor this month?    They only mentioned it like 50 times on the episode so you may have missed she's guest editor this month.  So if you missed it, she's guest editor of FN Magazine this month.  Guest. Editor. 

Wasn't that pathetic, obnoxious, ridiculous, whatever?!? I felt like shouting, "Alright already'". And, if her kitchen is being renovated, why not mention that?  With the weather getting colder (not this week, but when they were taping), and she did mention the wind, how much longer can she be outside? Strange. Wow. Guest editor. Who knew? ~snort~

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah maybe, but she is on national TV how private can she hope to be?? New home kitchen needing repair easy to work around... there is just something weird about the whole thing. I understand if BF doesn't want to be identified. But why such a mystery?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

 All the hosts have been on TV for years but we didn't know what their kitchen looked like (bit maybe they've been in FN Magazine...I don't know, I don't read it even in non-guest editor months).  

 If she bought a home with a crappy (or at least not-ready-for-daytime) kitchen, my assumption is she can't afford to refurb it right now (that ain't cheap) and that's not exactly something you want to announce. 

 Whatever the reason, I agree she can't do the outside thing much longer.   Unless she's going to become The Pilgrim Woman, outdoors in New England in winter isn't going to work.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's allowed to return to the set alone while the others still Zoom in. I mean after all, she's the guest editor of FN Magazine.  The only one who has ever guest edited.  Guest. Editor. 

Edited by Maverick
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

People still do grill in the winter so I could see her continue to cook outside.  Since it looks like they pre-record their cooking segments, she can choose a time when the weather isn't too bad to cook. 

As for the talking head part?  I guess she can go in the garage or a bedroom. 

It does look like it's a different backyard compared to where she was for most of the spring/summer. I just think she wants to keep that part private.  Or she has a really small kitchen.

If she doesn't mind being outside, I don't mind her outside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah maybe, but she is on national TV how private can she hope to be?? New home kitchen needing repair easy to work around... there is just something weird about the whole thing. I understand if BF doesn't want to be identified. But why such a mystery?

If she just bought a home and/or is in the middle of a kitchen reno why not just say so? Hey, I'm cooking outside because I'm in the middle of a renovation and my kitchen is not fit for the camera!! That would be too easy. Shut down the speculation and move on. But no, Sunny has to be different. Speaking of kitchens, Katie was in a different kitchen this ep. Maybe she has a couple of homes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, I've been thinking all these same thoughts about Sunny and even posted about it back on October 1st.  We're supposed to have a mild winter here in the Northeast, but it still gets hella cold outside and even in mild winters we can get snow.  They can try to film around that, but that's a lot to have to go through to indulge someone in protecting their privacy.  She's certainly entitled to have a private life, but there are ways around revealing certain things that don't require standing outside all winter and grilling.

Sunny is a very private person for someone that's so seemingly open and down to earth.  It doesn't add up.  You can search the internet all day long and never find her associated with any man whatsoever.  If she is involved with anyone we'd never know it.  I can't imagine that any relationship is that healthy if you can't even film your show from your own kitchen because of them.  It makes me suspicious.  But even if there's some sort of valid reason she protects his identity it's not even necessary to hide your kitchen as a result - Even Valerie Bertinelli has filmed from different kitchens in different seasons.  There are many ways around this.  So I don't get that.

And I don't buy that her kitchen is not "nice" enough to show on TV.  Nothing could be more modest than Simon Majumdar's kitchen and he was recently on "Guy's Grocery Games" cooking from it.  Other celeb. chef kitchens I've been seeing since the pandemic are also pretty modest.  So I still don't get it.  She obviously lives in a nice house in a nice area, so how bad could it be?  And how long does it take to do a touch-up renovation if it is that bad?  I would like to assume it's not because she's strapped for cash for any reason - I'd find that a little hard to swallow too.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Agree  Simon claimed they had a small kitchen because they were rarely there. Works for me, and makes perfect sense. But at least he showed his kitchen unashamedly/proudly. Not standing out in the wind trying to barbeque food and cook things outside no matter how the wind is blowing...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Speaking of kitchens, Katie was in a different kitchen this ep. Maybe she has a couple of homes. 

Two episodes ago, KL very briefly mentioned they had redone their kitchen...I almost didn't catch it.  But watching someone cook with her hair & clothes blowing in the wind is not appealing to me. Other than that, The Kitchen is now my favorite cooking show (sorry, Ina).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Speaking of kitchens, Katie was in a different kitchen this ep. Maybe she has a couple of homes. 

Two episodes ago, KL very briefly mentioned they had redone their kitchen...I almost didn't catch it.  But watching someone cook with her hair & clothes blowing in the wind is not appealing to me. Other than that, The Kitchen is now my favorite cooking show (sorry, Ina).

She did say that her kitchen had been redone, however I'm finding it hard seeing that as the same kitchen we saw all Summer.  The internet says that she splits her time between her house in the Hamptons and one in NYC.  Maybe she was having the NYC one renovated when they were living in the Hamptons for the summer?  I'd find it hard to believe that she would live in that cozy summer beach house all winter long.  That's not what people usually do with houses that close to the water in the Hamptons.  Having been out there many times, I know most people leave there for the Fall and Winter.  It depends on where you live in the Hamptons, though, as some areas are lived in year round, but her house is obviously so close to the water that you can see it, and those beachy neighborhoods in the sand dunes are usually summer-only homes and not lived in during the cold weather.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size