Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Date Nights & Bright Lights

• Start Topic

Because they're lazy, unimaginative, non-empathetic, ignorant, idiotic, hypocritical jerks?      

The Duggars would never get approved to be a foster home. Not in a thousand years, and especially not in a state in which an elected representative "rehomed" three foster kids and those children were molested by the next foster parent. Their social services org is not going to live that down for quite some time.

Let's see here: Too many kids without adequate parental supervision in the home. No suitable area for sleeping. (Foster children aren't allowed to sleep in a dorm room with their adult siblings, for starters.) There has been molestation in the home and no significant assistance or counseling of victims. The molester in question is now living in the home again. The Duggars believe in corporal punishment and have spoken on-camera about using it on their children. Seven of their eldest 11 children do not have a GED and the family refuses to send their children to public school to obtain an education.

If we're speaking about Jessa Blessa and Bin, the prospective foster parents do not have a job or any other way to earn income than being "reality TV stars". They've also been filmed as admitting they aren't in charge of the care of their five-month-old baby. IIRC, there must be a fifteen-year age difference between the prospective foster parents and the child; Jessa Blessa and Bin aren't getting an infant and he's not going to be able to be considered at all until he's 21.

IMHO, of course.

• Love 7

I have no problem with unmade beds and such, but if I have company coming over I straighten up my home. If I was to have a million or so viewers 'over' to my home, my bed would be made.

I can't help but think that Jessa believes that an unmade bed, or a years worth of dust under that bed somehow makes her "just a family being filmed".

As far as the foster parent angle on adoption goes, I'm of two minds. On one hand I think, Are you effing kidding me?! On the other hand there aren't enough foster families out there, and many of them turn out to be pretty bad, so who knows.

But I doubt DCF would sign off on a foster child being filmed, so if that was the case Jessa & Ben would have to pick either filming or a foster kid. I have a good idea which option they would pick.

• Love 7

If I was getting paid $40,000 a week to appear on a reality TV show, I'd be finding a house cleaner damn quick. It's $100 a week or so, unless Jessa Blessa wants to run the vacuum around and make the bed. How hard would it be to keep that house clean? Isn't it less than 1000 square feet, anyway?

There aren't enough foster homes but our aunt has been placing kids for years. She works in a difficult and heartbreaking profession and does her best to make sure the kids end up in a better situation than they came out of. I can't imagine any responsible social worker would place a foster child with the Duggars, let alone Jessa Blessa and Bin. Many of those kids need help due to what they came out of. They also need to spend their days with someone who actually cares about them, not the fact they'll make a great prop for a reality TV show.

• Love 8

I have no problem with unmade beds and such, but if I have company coming over I straighten up my home. If I was to have a million or so viewers 'over' to my home, my bed would be made.

I can't help but think that Jessa believes that an unmade bed, or a years worth of dust under that bed somehow makes her "just a family being filmed".

As far as the foster parent angle on adoption goes, I'm of two minds. On one hand I think, Are you effing kidding me?! On the other hand there aren't enough foster families out there, and many of them turn out to be pretty bad, so who knows.

But I doubt DCF would sign off on a foster child being filmed, so if that was the case Jessa & Ben would have to pick either filming or a foster kid. I have a good idea which option they would pick.

They would OBVIOUSLY pick the foster kid over filming. Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 6

There was some full frontal hugging going on during the return home scene at the airport.  Jana gave a nice hug to at least one male (who was probably a brother).  The only one remembering to side hug was Anna.

• Love 2

I'm rather messy and disorganized.

Uh, i would clean up before TLC cameras stepped into my home.

Shows how clueless Jessa and Jill are about keeping a house clean. So much for all the "keeper of the home" nonsense.

• Love 6

I can't fault for Jessa not cleaning under her bed.  I've lived in my house almost 10 years. The floor underneath my bed has only been clean a handful of times (if that).  Because I can't move my bed if a mattress is on it.

I can't fault her either. The only reason under my bed is clean is because my Roomba goes under there, otherwise it would not be any sort of priority for me. Now I would think Jill could pick up some of the random stuff on her floors, because Iz is crawling and moving around more, but she is probably just so busy spreading the word of the Duggar to do any sort of cleaning up.

• Love 4

I actually had to google "can lights" have only ever referred to the lights they were installing as recessed lights. Apparently some people use the term can lights, that term just sounded so backwards to me for some reason.... I know, I'm petty lol. 

I never heard the term either until I had my kitchen remodeled and that's what the contractor always called them. I think it's a common term among professionals.

• Love 1

Still can't believe Sierra is only 2-3 years older than Jessa and not ten. Watched part of it with my brother and before he got bored and left he decided Jinger was the prettiest Duggar. I believe he said he thought she had her own style and doesn't look like everybody else. He also said the girls would be prettier minus about 2 feet of hair.

Ooh, do I sense a courtship blooming? Let us know how the tater tots casserole tastes, flyingdi.
  • Love 4

The problem, as Jana pointed out, is that you are either a "little kid" or "married".  She has no  other options.  She can't be a real adult in their world until she gets married.  As another poster pointed out, I think she would prefer to go off to college.  She seems bored.

Exactly. It's so sad that she can't pursue any dreams like college or work. People keep saying they wish a guy would come rescue her, but there's nothing in the world wrong with being single. Education and freedom are just what she needs.

I thought it was so sad, and telling, when JD and Jessa said that Jana used to be outgoing and a strong personality. I agree with whoever it was who said it was likely beaten out of her, literally and figuratively.

I know...I kept asking my husband, "what kind of lights did they say?" He didn't get it right either. He thought they were saying, "fan lights".

I really, really, really disliked Jessa on this episode. And that's saying a lot, because I never really gave her two thoughts before.

I don't think anyone (but Jessa) wanted to be undertaking this home remodelling project.  Certainly not Ben.  Where do  they get the money for all this stuff???

They get the money from TLC -- not just their sizeable paychecks, but anything related to filming is normally paid for, I believe, such as the taco dinner, grocery store trip, lighting, etc.

I am mulling this over. I don't think they should be allowed to adopt period. In the case of foster kids, I realize there is a great need but I am suspicious that Jessa might be looking for a caretaking "buddy" for Spurge or maybe not sure she wants to squeeze out another baby herself.

Oh, wow. I think you really could be right. I knew a homeschooling family who adopted a teenage girl from Cambodia. She really seemed to be an indentured servant and it just looked very questionable. If Jessa were a bit smarter, she might see the wisdom in essentially buying free labor by way of adopting an older child, but I sincerely hope it never occurs to her.

• Love 10

Ooh, do I sense a courtship blooming? Let us know how the tater tots casserole tastes, flyingdi.

I don't think Jim Bob would consider my brother suitable. He's a bit older than Jinger and works for our state guberment. His boss is a woman, Scandal!

Plus, he's a Catholic. He might drag Jinger to Hell.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 8

Regarding Jessa taking her sick son to Sierra`s house. I wonder if Jessa is one of those people that believes in exposing sick kids to each other in hopes of building children's immunity. Kind of like chicken pox parties that were the trend a couple of years ago.

• Love 3

Regarding Jessa taking her sick son to Sierra`s house. I wonder if Jessa is one of those people that believes in exposing sick kids to each other in hopes of building children's immunity. Kind of like chicken pox parties that were the trend a couple of years ago.

I think she took her sick kid over there because it was on the TLC schedule.  Sierra didn't mind since she wanted the pay check.

• Love 13

I doubt Jessa knows much about health, including the immune system. I think her brain is full of being on TV, fixing her makeup, doing her hair, playing with her baby, handing off said baby when she's had enough, being on TV, being a Duggar, Ben, taking another selfie, finding a marked-up Bible verse to post on social media, worrying about her figure, Ben . . . In other words, I think that what we see is about what she is. She might have been more, and probably still could be. But her parents brought her up Duggar. 

• Love 11

I think she took her sick kid over there because it was on the TLC schedule.  Sierra didn't mind since she wanted the pay check.

Well, you solved that problem.

TLC cameras and crew were there. Gotta stay on $$$ schedule.

• Love 3

I'm rather messy and disorganized.Uh, i would clean up before TLC cameras stepped into my home.Shows how clueless Jessa and Jill are about keeping a house clean. So much for all the "keeper of the home" nonsense.

I am in no way defending the lifestyles of Jill and Jessa or their belief system - the minimizing of the Josh molestations turned my stomach - but I wanted to address the lack of housekeeping we see in both their homes.

I wonder if they were ever taught how to keep a home clean and tidy? Young girls learn from their mothers' training and modeling of behaviors. With all wehave learned about Michelle and her detached relationships with her children, I have to believe that she never mentored her daughters in keeping house. And if they never saw their house being cleaned on a daily basis, how are they supposed to know to do it in their own homes?

I understand that common sense would tell them to pick up when cameras were coming, but I don't think there's a lot of that sense to be found in these women. So I can't totally attribute their messy homes to laziness - I think they were never shown the way (or need) to clean up.

• Love 8

I am in no way defending the lifestyles of Jill and Jessa or their belief system - the minimizing of the Josh molestations turned my stomach - but I wanted to address the lack of housekeeping we see in both their homes.

I wonder if they were ever taught how to keep a home clean and tidy? Young girls learn from their mothers' training and modeling of behaviors. With all wehave learned about Michelle and her detached relationships with her children, I have to believe that she never mentored her daughters in keeping house. And if they never saw their house being cleaned on a daily basis, how are they supposed to know to do it in their own homes?

I understand that common sense would tell them to pick up when cameras were coming, but I don't think there's a lot of that sense to be found in these women. So I can't totally attribute their messy homes to laziness - I think they were never shown the way (or need) to clean up.

I agree the kids didn't have role models to follow. But it doesn't take rocket science to figure out how to vacuum, mop floors & wash & put away dishes. Weren't these type of chores part of their jurisdictions? What about those plastic envelope-type chore necklaces the kids used & MEchelle endorsed? What always gets me is MEchelle is/was a stickler about washing the lids on the canned goods they were cooking with. (Hannie was still doing it at the Fall Feast) Yet she allows the kids to walk on the counters, lick various cooking implements& the ultimate -not making the girls (&herself) tie back their hair when cooking.

• Love 12

Also, in the depths of my cold, blackened heart I feel small stirrings of pity for Bin. During those TH, he looks like he's contemplating slitting his wrists. I think he was pressured on all sides to get married in order to make him grow up faster. Now he's stuck and stuck good. There's no way out and he probably hasn't figured out how truly f*cked over he is.

Bin couldn't wait to get married because he was horny as hell! He probably couldn't keep it in his pants much longer. 

You think Jessa knowing that her husband has an allergy problem would make her realize she should keep the house as dust free as possible. Is it that time comsuming to dust that small house daily? She could probably do it in 15 minutes, tops. I just don't see her wanting to do anything for anybody.

• Love 9

I can't fault her either. The only reason under my bed is clean is because my Roomba goes under there, otherwise it would not be any sort of priority for me. Now I would think Jill could pick up some of the random stuff on her floors, because Iz is crawling and moving around more, but she is probably just so busy spreading the word of the Duggar to do any sort of cleaning up.

I just got a roomba for christmas and i'm scared to let it go under my bed cause it might get stuck on a cat toy right in the middle and i won't be able to get it out! lol

• Love 6

If I was getting paid $40,000 a week to appear on a reality TV show, I'd be finding a house cleaner damn quick. It's $100 a week or so, unless Jessa Blessa wants to run the vacuum around and make the bed. How hard would it be to keep that house clean? Isn't it less than 1000 square feet, anyway?

There aren't enough foster homes but our aunt has been placing kids for years. She works in a difficult and heartbreaking profession and does her best to make sure the kids end up in a better situation than they came out of. I can't imagine any responsible social worker would place a foster child with the Duggars, let alone Jessa Blessa and Bin. Many of those kids need help due to what they came out of. They also need to spend their days with someone who actually cares about them, not the fact they'll make a great prop for a reality TV show.

I'd be hiring a housekeeper too, but we all know Boob won't spend DIme One on something he knows he can get his kids to do for free. Somehow I'm sure that lesson has been completely absorbed by Jessa. It means $100 more every week that stays in her pocket, and if she can't connive some sib into doing the work for her, what does it really matter? Having a clean, healthy, well-ordered home has never been a Duggar priority - it's just not within their frame of reference. They really aren't thinking along those lines at all. I think they'd need that pastor who came to dinner once - Dr Stanley, was it? - to walk in, long around and say "My goodness, what a filthy disgusting home! Dust everywhere. Dirty floors. Unmade beds. Clutter. Barefooted children climbing and sitting on countertops etc. Who - and where - is the women who manages this household? This is just shameful..." Yadda yadda yadda. That's the only scenario that MIGHT wake up Me-chelle to her loathesome housekeeping habits. Someone she really respects expressing real disgust about her home.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

It means $100 more every week that stays in her pocket, and if she can't connive some sib into doing the work for her, what does it really matter? Having a clean, healthy, well-ordered home has never been a Duggar priority - it's just not within their frame of reference.

A Roomba is (I believe) less than $300 now. Basically she turns it on, lets it do its thing, and dumps the tray/puts it back on its charger at the end. It's hard to imagine that Roomba wouldn't donate one to them for the product placement. They don't cook, so there's little to no cleaning as a result in the kitchen. There might be a load of laundry every other day. We've all asked over and over, and never gotten an answer: WHAT THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE DO ALL DAY? (Hey, TLC producers! There's another FU Internetz for ya!)

My house is a disaster, but I do not have a million people staring at it each week on TV. I also deal with RA. If Jessa Blessa can't keep up a 1000-square foot home while Bin is "at work", they don't cook, and she has an infant who's probably still sleeping a lot of the time, she has no business having more children or "adopting". I'm sure she thinks the caseworker visiting their house will overlook that whole thing, too. :eyeroll:

• Love 9

Has it been mentioned on this edition of the Duggar's  show, that Ben is "in" school? I saw that he is doing under grad at Moody? Looked it up quickly and he'd have to be doing online work. Just wondering if they have said anything.

Every scene of this show is soooo obviously staged and contrived! Yikes! 

I couldn't believe all the dust that was under Jessa and Ben's bed. No wonder Ben's eyes look they do. Here's a idea Jessa , when the baby is asleep sweep the floor and pick up a little. It's not gonna kill you.

I don't get the nastiness of either Jessa nor Jill's living spaces, either. Now, I can't sit here and say I make my bed everyday but, let me be expecting company and you bet your sweet side hug I'll be making the bed, vacuuming and wiping everything down. If I knew there was going to be a film crew in my house, the house would get a complete overhaul. 

Makes you wonder just how clean the TTH actually is and how much they were actually taught about keeping house. Ben is practically breathing in straight dust anytime he's in that bedroom. He must be absolutely miserable. Maybe Spurgy doesn't have a cold but is developing allergies instead? 

Ah, I havent. No wonder her and Jessa are such good friends. Maybe Sierra is secretly doing coke and that explains her energy. Wouldn't that be a scandal. 

I was thinking Adderall. That's typically the pick-me-upper of the mommy sect. 

• Love 4

Has it been mentioned on this edition of the Duggar's show, that Ben is "in" school? I saw that he is doing under grad at Moody? Looked it up quickly and he'd have to be doing online work. Just wondering if they have said anything.

He wasn't in school when they taped these episodes. He was on record that he was taking the fall semester off. So, if the Moody rumor is true (as reported by People), Spring semester for most colleges began after MLK Day, 1/20 this year.

First off: FREE JANA!!

That was a really long 43 minutes. I had some spare time to kill but hadn't planned on killing brain cells at the same time.

Bin is really, dim? I can only hope he's more articulate when he puts fingers to keyboard for those on-line classes.

I can't imagine why Jessa wanted more light to illuminate that house that looks messier and dirtier than a dorm room. I thought I was bad!

And they sure do love those car lot triangular banners! Sierra's were actually up to remind her, I guess, to be kind. If you need to be reminded..... just sayin'.

They need to stop referring to the people their mission is trying to help as "those" people. And why are so many backpacks needed? What am I missing?

Next week, the tree house and the non-stop hilarity ensues, yawn. Someone needs to tell them what a real treehouse is. You climb up into one. Well, at least they didn't burn down Jessa's house.

• Love 1

The floor beneath Benessa's bloody bed of childbirth is weirdly unaccessable.

24x01g6.jpg

I wonder how aware Jessa really is of the standard domestic division of labour. There are no rosters and schedules in most people's houses, and there are no specialists, there aren't normally 15 plus people to specialize in individual tasks. A housewife who doesn't have outside work, and has a husband who does work, is basically expected to do all domestic cooking, and mostly clean as needed, with some routine cleaning.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

I don't think Jim Bob would consider my brother suitable. He's a bit older than Jinger and works for our state guberment. His boss is a woman, Scandal!

Plus, he's a Catholic. He might drag Jinger to Hell.

Naw. They'd just consider it mission work and purpose to save his soul from eternal damnation. 

24x01g6.jpg

The sight of all that scum makes me want to hurl. 

• Love 2

I agree the kids didn't have role models to follow. But it doesn't take rocket science to figure out how to vacuum, mop floors & wash & put away dishes. Weren't these type of chores part of their jurisdictions? What about those plastic envelope-type chore necklaces the kids used & MEchelle endorsed? What always gets me is MEchelle is/was a stickler about washing the lids on the canned goods they were cooking with. (Hannie was still doing it at the Fall Feast) Yet she allows the kids to walk on the counters, lick various cooking implements& the ultimate -not making the girls (&herself) tie back their hair when cooking.

Easy. The tin lids have been touched by heathens who think it's OK to work at a supermarket. They need extra covenant rules for their marriages, they need an accountability partner to converse with outsiders, they need to cover girls' shoulders lest she defraud a man, they can't go to public school lest those heathen 6-year-olds corrupt them with drugs and orgies. Unwashed tins can corrupt, too.

I'm having trouble imagining MeChelle with her hair tied up. It might all crackle and break where pressure was applied. Certainly it would affect the boofy scraggles - um, curls - and she'd need to spend a few hours with a crunching iron getting the volume and texture right again.

I wonder what's happened with jurisdictions. With 2 trained children now married (and hardly surpassing cleanliness standards), J'Boob not bothering with it because he's a man, J'Chelle clocked out and busy getting her hair and fake grin just right, that leaves Jana, Jinger and maybe Joy to delegate, teach and enforce. Why would they bother? I haven't seen these Counting On shows, but it sounds like Jill and Jessa's houses are cleaned a lot less than even the TTH, and are attaining levels of dirty that even a TTH full of useless adult males and children don't reach.

• Love 4

Well when your parents are the "house managers" and your siblings raise you, it's hard to have a role model in your parents. Jessa's role model was supposedly Michelle and she's following right in her mother's sanctimonious, lazy footsteps.

• Love 10

Yikes on the dust! It's hard to believe that is not 5 years of dust, unless it is actually hair mixed in with a few dust particles - just ew.

Does Jessa think Michelle didn't do housework ever and waited until her kids were old enough to be assigned jurisdictions to clean it? Or did they only clean things, like clean the toilet, yet not the bathroom. Clean the living room, which meant pick up toys and shoes and put them away, but not dust, vacuum and sweep. It's just so bizarre. 

Again, if Jessa is not reading a book, or watching TV, or cleaning and cooking, or engaging in a hobby, what is she doing? Does she sleep all day? Is she on her phone accessing the internet reading about herself? What are these 5 hour projects that Lil Spurg is interrupting?  How much time can hair and make-up take up?

• Love 6

A lot of the dirt on the floor was from the ceiling cutting wasn't it? That was my take anyway. There would be a lot of stuff that missed the trash can Jana was holding. 

Edit to add: those chore lists probably backfired, because the girls only learned one skill. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5

That's my point.

For Michelle and the IBLP crew, being a wife, homemaker aare VERY important.

Keeping a clean house should be a priority for the Duggars females. Traditional female roles are held in high esteem.

Instead, we see messy houses (with TLC cameras arriving) and two married Duggar girls who CANNOT cook and eat out every single night. So, what the Duggars feel is super important is not even taught?

It really does speak loudly to how mixed up these kids were raised.

• Love 7

Naw. They'd just consider it mission work and purpose to save his soul from eternal damnation. 

He's not really interested. He already tells born again Christians that he did it right the first time.

• Love 2

That was awful. And I ain't Suzy Homemaker by any stretch.

I wanted to think some of that was what fell through the ceiling during the light installation but that screencap belies that! I don't know how they moved through Binessa's house what wih all of the boxes and piles of whoknowswhat (crap).

Haven't they heard? Cleanliness is next to Godliness?

It even says so in Leviticus! Isn't that one of their most favoritest books?

• Love 3

A Roomba is (I believe) less than $300 now. Basically she turns it on, lets it do its thing, and dumps the tray/puts it back on its charger at the end. It's hard to imagine that Roomba wouldn't donate one to them for the product placement. They don't cook, so there's little to no cleaning as a result in the kitchen. There might be a load of laundry every other day. We've all asked over and over, and never gotten an answer: WHAT THE HELL DO THESE PEOPLE DO ALL DAY? (Hey, TLC producers! There's another FU Internetz for ya!)

My house is a disaster, but I do not have a million people staring at it each week on TV. I also deal with RA. If Jessa Blessa can't keep up a 1000-square foot home while Bin is "at work", they don't cook, and she has an infant who's probably still sleeping a lot of the time, she has no business having more children or "adopting". I'm sure she thinks the caseworker visiting their house will overlook that whole thing, too. :eyeroll:

Agree, agree. agree. I especially cannot imagine how the 18-and-overs fill their days. They don't really work, and what they do is largely "free form" [unscheduled] and part-time, since it's directed by Boob or Me-chelle. They don't have to get up and out the door most mornings. They don't go to school. They don't read and they're not really allowed to go to much on their own - movies, libraries, museums, amusement parks, theaters, sports etc. I guess there is some sewing going on [Jana] but I'll bet it's entirely at Me-chelle's direction - not something fun Jana picked out to do for herself, like a quilt. Jinger has her photography but I wonder how much time she really gets for it, and how free she is to explore it. Jill obviously did nothing hobbyish; the only non-domestic thing she was ever shown doing was her midwifery "studies." Jessa also had nothing beyond being the family packer; hardly a fun hobby. And JoyAnna? Too soon to call but there should be an inkling of something by now, if anything was there. Very very sad. So much potential being washed down the gutter. I'd like to ask Boob and Me-chelle a question. How do you know that God hasn't planned for one of YOUR children to be the person who discovers a cure for cancer - or Alzheimer's - or AIDS? Or to solve the centuries-old problems in the Middle East? Or the world hunger problem? Or whose life will serve as an example to the entire world on how to live and let live, like Gandhi or Martin Luther King? They are most definitely holding them back by trying to control every single move they make, especially when they continue to insist on control far beyond the time when every other parent on earth - reluctantly or not - learns to let go. Do you honestly think, Boob - that all those other millions of parents are wrong, and you are right? Really? If so you are truly beyond delusional.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 14

I'm watching episode again. Did anyone else notice Jessa said "we'll probably start trying for a DOMESTIC adoption"? (Vs. International or any adoption) I think others have said international adoptions are rarely done anymore so maybe that's what she meant. Just her saying Domestic makes me think they only want the hard to get white baby & would not be open to any adoption. But why am I concerned? This is just episode fodder & it ain't gonna happen.

• Love 4

I'm watching episode again. Did anyone else notice Jessa said "we'll probably start trying for a DOMESTIC adoption"? (Vs. International or any adoption) I think others have said international adoptions are rarely done anymore so maybe that's what she meant. Just her saying Domestic makes me think they only want the hard to get white baby & would not be open to any adoption. But why am I concerned? This is just episode fodder & it ain't gonna happen.

I've got four adopted siblings, all from the US. Domestic adoptions tend to be harder in some cases and getting an infant is next to impossible. That's why, when they have the funds, its more common to hear of couples adopting children from other countries. 

I agree that the adoption talk is just that: talk for the camera. The good thing is they would never in a million years jump through all of the hoops and meet all the requirements for a domestic adoption. We also know JB would never in a million years fork over the money required to execute an international adoption. Foster kids across the globe can breathe a sigh of relief. 

• Love 4

Ben's not even 21 yet (birthday is mid-May). Who do they think they're fooling, especially with talk of a DOMESTIC adoption? Good luck with that, oh ye who will be perpetually pregnant for the next 20 years. 

• Love 6

See, i think Jessa and Binjirmin really, truly believe they are going to adopt. I don't think they are just bull shitting for a good story line. These two really think they will have an infant by next year.

Their education and life experiences are so limited that they believe this is a possibility for them.

Yes, they really are that stupid.

And TLC films the whole entire thing! hahaha

• Love 11

I think Jill and Derrick fled her overbearing family as quick as they could. If Jill hadn't gotten pregnant on their honeymoon it would've been faster. I'm sure a "mission" was the only way to acceptably flee. Derrick doesn't look well though.

Poor Jana, 26 and stuck at home. Why can't TLC pay her separately or any of the over 18's and help them leave that house? An episode at a financial advisor would be interesting.

I shouldn't be, but I was shocked at how uneducated all of the kids seem to be. They know just enough to function but still have to be dependent on the main family.

• Love 7

See, i think Jessa and Binjirmin really, truly believe they are going to adopt. I don't think they are just bull shitting for a good story line. These two really think they will have an infant by next year.

Their education and life experiences are so limited that they believe this is a possibility for them.

Yes, they really are that stupid.

And TLC films the whole entire thing! hahaha

I agree. Not to mention the Duggar kids have been handed everything else on a silver platter, so why not a healthy, white infant? I can't see Jessa doing a transracial adoption. She didn't seem particularly welcoming towards the little Ugandan girl her friends brought over on the original special. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

I think Jill and Derrick fled her overbearing family as quick as they could. If Jill hadn't gotten pregnant on their honeymoon it would've been faster. I'm sure a "mission" was the only way to acceptably flee. Derrick doesn't look well though.

Poor Jana, 26 and stuck at home. Why can't TLC pay her separately or any of the over 18's and help them leave that house? An episode at a financial advisor would be interesting.

I shouldn't be, but I was shocked at how uneducated all of the kids seem to be. They know just enough to function but still have to be dependent on the main family.

All part of the Boob's plan. You don't tend to see this with other fundie families for the most part, right? To me, Pa & Ma Duggar have a MUCH tighter hold and control on their kids than the run-of-the-mill fundie parents do. This is what I find most toxic - that Boob believes he's entitled - simply by being their father - to rule over their lives for the rest of his life, regardless of how old the child is or what he/she may really want to do with HIS OWN LIFE!  Insert a Charlie Brown-like "ARRRRGGGHHH" here.

• Love 8

I'm sure they would and have been game  for this. It would be ratings gold and yet another spin off but we already know Boob is having none of it. 

• Love 1

It isn't so much a Christian Mingle ad as it is a "Please won't you adopt Jana ad. For only pennies a day you could provide Jana with clean drinking water, healthy food and perhaps even a night off from embarrassing questions and babysitting. Monthly, Jana will send you a letter detailing the lives of her sisters and what she does with her new night off. Please help Jana help the children."

This is the best, funniest post ever. Ever. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Love 4

Jill and Jessa both need to start wearing supportive bras. They are sagging down to their knees.

And do you all really think Izzy and Spurgeon are cute? I'm not hating on babies, especially because they all change so much, almost daily, when that young. But several posters have mentioned how cute they are, and I just don't see it.

• Love 6

The Duggars would never get approved to be a foster home. Not in a thousand years, and especially not in a state in which an elected representative "rehomed" three foster kids and those children were molested by the next foster parent. Their social services org is not going to live that down for quite some time.

Let's see here: Too many kids without adequate parental supervision in the home. No suitable area for sleeping. (Foster children aren't allowed to sleep in a dorm room with their adult siblings, for starters.) There has been molestation in the home and no significant assistance or counseling of victims. The molester in question is now living in the home again. The Duggars believe in corporal punishment and have spoken on-camera about using it on their children. Seven of their eldest 11 children do not have a GED and the family refuses to send their children to public school to obtain an education.

If we're speaking about Jessa Blessa and Bin, the prospective foster parents do not have a job or any other way to earn income than being "reality TV stars". They've also been filmed as admitting they aren't in charge of the care of their five-month-old baby. IIRC, there must be a fifteen-year age difference between the prospective foster parents and the child; Jessa Blessa and Bin aren't getting an infant and he's not going to be able to be considered at all until he's 21.

IMHO, of course.

Not doubting at all what you're saying -- many of you here have watched this family far more closely than me. I'm fascinated that they would admit they're not caring for their child.  Can I ask what exactly they said?? :)

Edited by OhioMom