Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E23: Duke's Bad Boy

• Start Topic

If there isn't a woodcut of this outfit next to "the '90s" in your cultural dictionary, there should be.

All you need is Donna's giant sunflower hat to complete "The Early 90s Threw Up on Me Look"...

Also, Donna in a plaid flannel shirt? Good to see her getting grunge look on. Too bad she wasn't wearing it with her hat...

Edited by AndySmith
  • LOL 1

I have to admit, it was nice to see Dylan and Andrea doing something together. Its always good to see the different cliques within the group break rank and interact with one another more, like we saw last week with Dylan and David. It would have made the group feel like a group if we saw more scenes of say, Brandon and Donna or Andrea and David, for example. Oh well.

• Love 2

The whole "I was a chubby kid and now I'm taking diet pills so I never get that way again!" thing was DONE before, with Amanda the bitchy friend at the slumber party, and Kelly was the one who pointed out that Jackie used to abuse them. I was surprised Donna didn't bring that up to her.

You know, Brenda may have been slightly out of line with her comment to Dylan but I still give her character about 10 truckloads of credit. It's one thing to swallow her pride and get Dylan to come stay with them after his father's passing, but to have him AND Kelly over for a little dinner date? Again, this is all basically like a month after he dumped her and told her about the cheating. I think she's pretty fucking gracious, especially with Kelly giving her shit about it right to her face. Damn Kelly is such a terrible person.

• Love 5

. It's like he's posing for a coin that's currency in the Republic of Cockistan

For all Derps public and private.

Hahahaha

I liked those 90s chokers like the one Brenda was wearing. I think they're trying to bring them back. Gigi Hadid and Vanessa Hudgens were wearing them at Coachella.

The whole "I was a chubby kid and now I'm taking diet pills so I never get that way again!" thing was DONE before, with Amanda the bitchy friend at the slumber party, and Kelly was the one who pointed out that Jackie used to abuse them. I was surprised Donna didn't bring that up to her.

You know, Brenda may have been slightly out of line with her comment to Dylan but I still give her character about 10 truckloads of credit. It's one thing to swallow her pride and get Dylan to come stay with them after his father's passing, but to have him AND Kelly over for a little dinner date? Again, this is all basically like a month after he dumped her and told her about the cheating. I think she's pretty fucking gracious, especially with Kelly giving her shit about it right to her face. Damn Kelly is such a terrible person.

For Donna to bring up Jackie using diet pills, they'd have to use continuity and this is the show where Brandon's "close friends" would disappear after a single episode.

• Love 3

Nat should cover that bet because he gave a MINOR his bookie's info. WTF!? How will Nat cover the bet since he is always giving things on the house?

I know this is a teen show, so parents are always seen as props, but I still can't believe that David's dad didn't bother to help him at all when it comes to maneuvering the tricky world of the music business. He just lets his son out on his own? Doesn't he need his dad to sign the contract at least?

I must have blocked this out, but is the "music career" over? Except for him playing along with Babyface next year?

No David always dabbled in music- when they were adults he was part of a band Jasper's Law that's was anti semetic.

Um didn't he also produce the music for the band that had the video at the Peach Pit After Dark where Donna starred as the last hottest woman alive?

oh sheesh... how could I forget that!? Wasn't it the "Strike the Match" or something horrific? Donna the Virgin in leather bodysuit or something. I guess I just look at the stage moms/dads out there now and find it weird that David was left to his own devices... or that his dad even let Steve of all people "represent" David.

I know everyone hated Brenda, but I have to say these next few episodes really kill me... we've got DietPills!Kelly coming up. Is this the episode where Brenda saves her and then Kelly says something snotty like "you can't have Dylan"?

I think Dylan would have made great addition to the AP Class. Unlike all the grade nerds (like Andrea), he's into talking about the books for their merit. And, as he's lived such a "mad/bad/dangerous" life, he could add great insight to some of the discussions. Just think of what he'd add to Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, or Hornthaw (Trademark Gill) for that matter! :)

• Love 1

I'm not a legal expert but I'm pretty sure that minors cannot enter into contracts. If he actually had a signed contract, he would have needed a lawyer or at the very least, his parent(s) involved.

Steve looked old enough.

I completely removed that whole Donna in leather in my mind. Great......

How was there not twenty minutes of discussion regarding the blooming flower pot on Donna's head? She looks like a latter day Minnie Pearl. 

I have always thought that the resemblance between Tori Spelling, especially in more recent years, and the Muppet, Janice, was striking, but here it's just uncanny.

261evqa.jpg

Seamless

• Love 2

Lol-ed at the "douche with zippered notebook line." <br /><br />I agree with Tara's comment on the podcast, Andrea and Dylan could probably be pretty good friends if they gave it a chance, since they're the two smart ones. Dylan must get bored with Kelly's vapidness.

On 3/26/2016 at 10:34 AM, STOPSHOUTING said:

How was there not twenty minutes of discussion regarding the blooming flower pot on Donna's head? She looks like a latter day Minnie Pearl. 

I actually thought that hat was quite cute on her. Flowery hats were a thing in the '90s.

I know Kelly is probably cranky from hunger pangs but she's been semi-intolerable the last two episodes. That moue of annoyance she made when Jim offered to take in Dylan, plus her irritation that Dylan was seated with the Walshes at the funeral, and then her jealousy in this episode. Have a sense of what's appropriate in the larger scheme of things, Kelly. Dylan's dad is dead. He died young. Plus, he died horribly. Plus Dylan saw it happen. He's dealing with a hell of a lot here and the Walshes are his surrogate family, whether or not you like that. It's not about you and your ridiculous possessiveness which is especially ironic when you consider the circumstances under which this relationship began. I guess your sackcloth and ashes "I'm sooooo sorry, Brenda, please be my friend again" routine didn't last long. Even if Brenda is trying to needle you on some level with the "this is home" remark--frankly, she's entitled to that and more. I'm saying all this as someone who generally likes Kelly (although I lost interest when St. Kelly starting emerging). Be a friend to Brenda and be a supportive GF to Dylan. It's not all about you.

• Love 3