Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Devil's Due

• Start Topic

Well there is no redemption arc for the Rumple. 

I am completely brokenhearted over Milah and what happened to her. She really didn't deserve that. I really like that the writing explained what was going on, that she basically left because her choices were taken from her, and that Hook didn't steal her away, but instead respected her marriage and her family. 

So RB are going to have a boy then? I wanna say that I feel sorry for Belle, but at this point, she made her bed.

CS reunion was nice, but way short, and I don't understand how lame Emma's lie detector is around Rumple.

Why was Emma's entire nursery complete with stuffed animals in the CS house? 

Did I miss something about Regina not being able to magic properly or something? Because that was really out of place, I thought.

Cruella and the Bambi comment? I don't even know what to say.

• Love 4

Didn't Emma use her magic in the last episode? There was no real reason for Regina's not to work. She got it back because she learned Daniel moved on? That seems like a plot hole.

Cruella is now Mayor? Is that why she was sealed in the office when Henry snuck in?

Again, why was Hook tortured when Rumple is much more of a threat?

• Love 3

I am completely brokenhearted over Milah and what happened to her. 

Me too. I'm hoping that Milah, along with other trapped souls in the river, will be freed by the end of the arc. Otherwise, it's beyond unfair.

• Love 10

I don't think they have a mayor since Hades took it away from Cora.

Emma was able to use her magic with ease and Rumple used his in tonight's episode with ease as well. Is this a Dark one thing or is it because Emma was born with hers and Rumple is the dark one so they were able to use it with ease? Maybe the writers forgot. lol

Really good episode.  I wasn't sure how the show was going to deal with Milah, but I felt they did a good job giving her more layers and making her sympathetic (while Rumpel murdering her was horrid, I never really liked Milah for leaving Bae behind; that makes more sense now).  And I agree that Rumpel has put himself beyond redemption by this point; I hope Milah becoming a lost soul isn't forgotten and she can be rescued somehow.

I was definitely among those wondering what the heck the horse's unfinished business is.

• Love 2

Good episode. I was so pleasantly surprised that we had a Milah/Killian scene, I thought we wouldn't, because I'd have preferred that over Rumpel/Milah, though there were good flashbacks. Hades is such a good villain too.

Loved Milah's development and how she and Emma worked together. 

So Rumpel killed his wife and then pushed her into the river of lost souls. I was so disappointed but not really surprised and I fear she will be another Graham. 

Is Hades a mysoginist or does he just realize the women are the ones pulling the strings here and the men are just secondary? (though now that I think about it, it's probably because they're the 3 main characters - though Snow hasn't really been one for a while).

Regina is being likeable in this arc! Keep it up. 

• Love 1

Things I like about this episode

- In spite of being in love with the same man, Emma and Milah got along well.

- Daniel has gone to a better place, and Regina checked to find out.

- When Rumple mentioned that Milah was there, Hook got emotional.  Even though Hook has moved on, he was in love with her before.

- After all of the times he screwed people over, it was nice seeing Rumple screwed over for once.

- Still, the fact that he was looking for Baelfire showed a sliver of humanity left in him.

- The Rumpelstiltskin story playing out with Rumple himself is clever.

- Finally, the biggest thing I liked about the episode was that Milah’s biggest regret was abandoning Baelfire, and all she wanted to do is see him and tell him she was sorry.

I hope they say save Milah so she can meet Henry, reconnect with Hook, and reconciled with Baelfire and move on.

I guess I should be more concern about Hades possibly getting a hold of the Rumbelle baby, but given his parents, the baby would probably be better off.

Finally, is it possible that Pan will be reincarnated into Rumple's second son?  The family tree is ridiculous enough.

• Love 1

Did it seem like Hook was less than thrilled about the heart splitting, or was he just overwhelmed from all he's been through?

Due to their failed TLK attempts, he was probably worried that it wouldn't work. Or he just doesn't want Emma to risk herself. I liked how they played it. I didn't want him to be thrilled.

• Love 7

The introductions between Milah and Emma, and Milah realizing that Emma's been with both Hook and Neal was priceless!  But I loved that they actually worked well together, and there wasn't any silly resentment between each other.  It was awkward, but it's not like Emma knew about all that batshit history when she met them.

Well, that flashback was eye-opening.  Basically, everything that Rumple had been spouting was just to make him look good.  Hook didn't "steal" Milah, but basically met her, was nice to her, and said that if their marriage ever did come to in, feel free to find him.  And the reason Milah left Rumple for good was because he basically sold their second child without even talking to her.  I mean, yeah, I get Baelfire's life was in danger (because he apparently thought it was a great idea to pet a snake?), but maybe tell your wife and discuss with her first, Rumple?  So, I don't blame her for finally having enough.  Now, I will allow that trying to make Rumple kill Aaron Douglas' character was pretty dark (and she really probably could have done it herself), and I think her only real fault was leaving Baelfire alone with a father like Rumple, but at least she realized that and acknowledges she failed on that department.  Which puts her way ahead of Rumple.

But, of course, this all ends with Rumple force-pushing her into the River of Lost Souls, because Hades has him over a barrel, and she is destined to keep being punished for daring to not like Rumple, I guess.  I hope they rescue her at least.  But I really want Rumple to suffer hard for this.  At the very least, Belle needs to finally cut him off for good.  Their is nothing good about him.

At least they got Hook back, even if they lost their boat and now Hades has just put Emma, Snow, and Regina's names on the tombstones, making them all stuck in Underbrooke for the time being.  At least Hades is smart enough to realize that they're the three actually running things.  It certainly wouldn't have been impactful with the tombstones read Henry, Robin Hood, and Charming.

Glad they actually had Regina acknowledge Daniel and it seems like he went on to the better place.

Cruella still cracks me up.

I did love Rumple always emphasizing the "dead" in dead kids, because that is something that would evilly delight him to say.  Again, I am so not surprised this was a Jane Espenson episode, because these types of lines are always in her work, and I always get a kick out of it.

• Love 5

Due to their failed TLK attempts, he was probably worried that it wouldn't work. Or he just doesn't want Emma to risk herself. I liked how they played it. I didn't want him to be thrilled.

Totally agree, given that the whole thing seemed too easy to me. These two have to actually talk about things that happened between them.

• Love 3

Emma and Hooks struggle to stay a couple is being seen through out the seasons when we were seeing Snowing be kept apart was through out flashbacks and all of S1 and half of 2. If I thought the writers liked OQ I'd think we would get something like that but I don't know, homeboy doesn't even have lines anymore it seems.

• Love 2

For me the funniest line was when Milah was fretting about leaving her super random crossing guard post, and Rumple said, "They're dead anyway." His line delivery there was absolutely perfect. I had to rewind. And then he went and topped it with the Emma/Milah intro.

• Love 9

Did they forget that Emma's heart can't be taken? 

What the hell? ~ Regina

Interesting ~ Rumple

What is this? ~ Emma

Lake Nostros anyone? Cora trying to take Emma's heart and being blasted back. Emma telling Rumple around it when she got back to SB? I can get past Regina not knowing about this, but Emma, Snow, Hook, Rumple? All knew that little fact.

• Love 5

Kind of ironic that Baelfire reborn is going to be Rumple's second born son.

I thought baby Snowflake was basically supposed to be Neal reborn. ;)

The horse Regina put to sleep was Snow's, so Snow should have recognized it.

Would Snow have really recognized it? You know what they say.... A horse is a horse. :)

Did they forget that Emma's heart can't be taken?

What the hell? ~ Regina

Interesting ~ Rumple

What is this? ~ Emma

Lake Nostros anyone? Cora trying to take Emma's heart and being blasted back. Emma telling Rumple around it when she got back to SB? I can get past Regina not knowing about this, but Emma, Snow, Hook, Rumple? All knew that little fact.

I remembered the same thing and couldn't figure out why they were all so puzzled. I presumed that Emma planned to perform magical surgery on herself back when it was first mentioned. Edited by Jul 68
  • Love 1

I don't think they forgot about the heart thing. I think we were just all automatically supposed to know that something besides Emma's magic was preventing her heart from being taken and they either didn't have enough time or were too lazy to explain that it wasn't the same as what happened with Cora.

Edited by InsertWordHere

Were the two guys with Rumple and Hades a shout-out to Pain and Panic?

I wonder if Emma's magic prevents anyone from taking her heart against her will? If so, Regina could take it if Emma allowed it. Maybe they did a practice run before they left for Underbrooke?

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 1

The horse clearly represents purgatory...no wait they're already in purgatory...its represents Regina's mother...but we just saw Regina's mother...it represents that horse running around in the opening credits of Deadwood...because that represented something...I need to sleep on it.  

3. So is Hades just lazy or does he have some master plan? He doesn't seem to want to do his own work. He wants Hook or Rumple to do things. He has other creatures torture Hook.

4. So the rescue was nice but it was a little too easy. Have to wonder what Hades is up to since he could have rehidden Hook so that Emma couldn't find him, lowered him into the river before she got there, etc. I can't help feeling that it was so easy that there must be a trick there.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of rule that Hades can't harm his guests. In my mind, he knew what Rumple was planning and set the James Bond villian death trap on the super slow setting (as all such devices have only that speed) to give the trio time to rescue Killian, therefore not violating the rule. Same goes for random minions beating Hook.

Of course, of course (maybe it was the famous Mr. Ed?).

I was curious who would be first to take my pun bait and how long it would take.

{Ding ding} Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. Congratulations!

LOL.

Edited by Jul 68
  • Love 1

I wondered who would be first to take my pun bait and how long it would take.

{Ding ding} Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. Congratulations!

LOL.

Well, it helps that I'm actually old enough to remember Mr. Ed!  :-)

I liked how they showed that Daniel moved on. If they're not going to show Graham, they should at least acknowledge that he has moved on. It would be pretty cool if, before they left, they show random gravestones of characters they didn't feature in this arc to recognize them so the audience knows they've moved on.

• Love 8

That tiny glimpse of Milah as a member of the pirate crew right before she was killed has always intrigued me. For one thing, I love her outfit. But I love how she's shouting orders at the crew, and they take her seriously. So I've always wanted more of what it was like when they were traveling the world together.

I think this episode did a great job of not only making the flashback Milah and Hook connection feel very convincing and something to root for, but the way Milah was totally fine with pushing Rumple to commit murder gave her character darkness that matched Killian's darkness at that time. A woman joining a pirate's crew would need to be brave, tough, and make difficult decisions like killing a medicine man without blinking. While I think Killian and Milah were great fits for each other as pirate lovers, I can never consider them True Loves because they never brought out the best in each other. Even though Killian acted like a gentleman to Milah in this episode, we know later on that he could still become a huge douchebag after one too many beers. Milah had those same light and dark tendencies, so I doubt Killian would have ever become the hero he is today if he stayed with Milah for life, but I do believe they both loved each other tremendously when they were together.

Props to Colin and Rachel for selling the chemistry in less than 2 minutes.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 6

I brought this over from the spoiler discussion thread so that I don't accidentally cause it to be blocked.

I didn't realize how much I want Emma and Milah to meet. All the better it will be with Rumple and Hook!

I can just see Rumple's introduction:

Rump: Hello, Milah

Milah: Rumple

Rump: Let me introduce Miss Swan, mother of your grandson.

Milah: (surprised)

Emma: My name's Emma

Milah: Nice to meet you Emma

Rump: We need your help finding Killian Jones

Milah: Killian's here?

Emma: Yes, and we're hoping you can help us, he's with Hades.

Milah: Yes, of course!

Rump: I should also mention that Miss Swan is Killian's murderer and girlfriend!

Milah: (shocked)

End Scene!

Congrats! You weren't TOO far off base.

Did any of them tell Milah about Henry? My husband decided to call his father during that scene, so I didn't hear everything.

I wonder what the bit with Regina's fireball was supposed to mean. Was it foreshadowing of her taking a turn to evil, or is it that she doesn't know how to do a happy smile without getting the crazy eyes and malicious sneer? Because the look on her face wasn't "Woo hoo! My magic's back!" It was more like, "And now, my revenge will be complete!"

I was a little surprised that Emma hadn't healed Hook yet by the time they were back in the house. Yeah, she couldn't do it during the rescue without alerting Hades, but why not once they were safe? Her magic seems to be working just fine, given all the poofing around she did last episode. I'm not too upset about not healing all wounds with a single touch, since I think that's a bit of a copout, but if someone has been established to have the ability, then there needs to be a reason not to use it. Or were they worried that Hades would find them even where they were once they were out of the dungeons?

Life is pain as a Rumple fan.  Every time I have hope that he's going to do the right thing, the writers kick me in the shins.

Other than Rumple's one step forward, two steps back, I liked the episode well enough.  I wish the Snowings were more involved, but I feel that way almost every episode.

• Love 4

Life is pain as a Rumple fan. Every time I have hope that he's going to do the right thing, the writers kick me in the shins.

You have the wrong tactic, then. You can be a Rumple fan but enjoy him only as a villain, and then gleefully watch in anticipation for the next time he gets knocked down a peg. That's what I do anyways. (It's like hate-watching Walter White all over again.)

• Love 2

I've seen it implied on the show time and again that Rumple was "darker" than Regina and has a higher body count. While that makes total sense, seeing as he's the darkest evil and lived for centuries, we've seen Regina kill so many more people. I could count Rumple's onscreen murders with just my fingers. Hades should be giving Regina a freaking parade for giving him all those new subjects.

Life is pain as a Rumple fan.  Every time I have hope that he's going to do the right thing, the writers kick me in the shins.

I bet fans like that felt the same in the 5A finale.

I liked how they showed that Daniel moved on. If they're not going to show Graham, they should at least acknowledge that he has moved on. It would be pretty cool if, before they left, they show random gravestones of characters they didn't feature in this arc to recognize them so the audience knows they've moved on.

A&E: "What other characters?"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

Other than Rumple's one step forward, two steps back, I liked the episode well enough.  I wish the Snowings were more involved, but I feel that way almost every episode.

Oddly enough, I was with Rumple until he dumped Milah into the drink. I don't even completely hate him agreeing to sell his second born. If I were in the position of sacrificing a child who doesn't exist and may never exist in exchange for saving a child that is on the verge of death without killing someone...I would probably do it. It was shitty of him to take Milah's choice in the matter away, but I don't know if he had time to consult her. Honestly, she kind of bugged with her pushing him to kill the healer. If she thought that was the best option, she should have done it herself.

As for the boat situation, did he unfreeze Milah or did Hades? If Rumple did, why not just incinerate the boat, unfreeze Milah, and claim Hades destroyed it? Still deceptive, but not murderously so. 

• Love 12

Finally we get an episode that I can really enjoy. This is one I would actually rewatch.

Some notes:

- I know it was supposed to be funny about the dead kids crossing the street, but those are dead kids stuck in the Underworld and I'm very concerned about them. Why are they there? Can we finish their business and help them move on ASAP?

- Emma is so over this whole thing. I loved her commentary on the helpful dead person who will lend their aura. Like it was the stupidest thing ever and what is her life even.

- I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed Milah in this episode. She got a viewpoint and it really made her story make so much more sense. Rumpel was a huge asshole to make that decision. Add it to everything else we know about them and that was the final straw. Note that she was gathering firewood while he was off chasing dragonflies. She worked hard and he messed around. Then she and Emma worked great together without any annoying jealousy. She was helping in hopes of moving on to see her son and apologizing to him and not because she wanted to see her ex. She damn well better not end up stuck forever in the River of Lost Souls while Rumpel rides off with his new bride and baby. If Milah ends up as Graham 2.0 I will not be responsible for my actions.

- Good to know that Neal was still dumb as a box of hair as a child. 

- The red vest of sex returned in a fabulous scene and just made my night.

- Still really confused about the Regina magic plot that went nowhere. It wasn't an issue and then it was resolved. What the hell? Also, Mr Ed was a palomino so happily he was not the horse stuck in the Underworld (he's probably making Wilbur's life interesting in a happier place) While it's hard to say with the stupid red filter, I think that horse was supposed to be Rocinante, the horse she killed when trying to cast the curse. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3

I bet fans like that felt the same in the 5A finale.

That actually killed my interest in the show for a while during the hiatus.  I'd always thought, sans-darkness, Rumple was a fundamentally good person.  I thought that was being validated through his actions after his heart was purified.  But then NOPE.  Just as huge a jerk-ass as he was before.

Which really bummed me out for the rest of that night.  I've never been all that interested in Emma and Hook.  In season 1 I watched for Snow, Charming, Regina and Rumple.  Nowadays Snow and Charming are ciphers, Regina is intolerable, and Rumple is thoroughly disgusting.  I miss when this show was my happy fairy tale hour.

• Love 4

I brought this over from the spoiler discussion thread so that I don't accidentally cause it to be blocked.

Congrats! You weren't TOO far off base.

Did any of them tell Milah about Henry? My husband decided to call his father during that scene, so I didn't hear everything.

Thanks! I laughed at how close I got with the scene. Rumple did mention that Bae and Emma had an affair that led to a scandalous teenage pregnancy. So, in a roundabout way, Henry was mentioned.

Was Jane purposely trying to make a connection between Rumple deciding Milah's future fate for her by choosing to give up the child without asking her about it first, and Emma deciding Hook's future fate for him by choosing to split her heart and share it with him without asking him about it first? Or am I just reaching here?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

Was Jane purposely trying to make a connection between Rumple deciding Milah's future fate for her by choosing to give up the child without asking her about it first, and Emma deciding Hook's future fate for him by choosing to split her heart and share it with him without asking him about it first? Or am I just reaching here?

I believe Jane's parallel was Rumple making the deal with Fendrake then with Hades. Milah gets screwed over in both situations.

Is it me or did this episode downplay the fact Rumple is the Dark One again? When he was talking with the Nevengers, it was like going back to Belle was his noble desire everyone could just nod to. Killian got over it pretty fast considering what his character is supposed to be. The heroes trust Rumple waaaay too much.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

The episode was alright... a little bland, and a really round-about way to write in the pregnancy and make sure Rumple is now being coerced and the victim of someone else.  

So they spent an entire episode getting rid of that giant dog, but now they're not going to use that entrance?  Hades has no other security?  But no wait, he knows exactly what's going on everywhere.  

Hades' plan still makes no sense.  Why was he torturing and keeping Killian down there again?  Because now he has no problem letting him up?  Why not just throw him into the river?  Why not just throw everyone in the river?  If Killian had been above surface from the beginning, Hades wouldn't have lost 3 souls.  

I don't feel any more sympathy towards Milah than before this retcon.  Of course Rumple wouldn't have been able to stab that guy.  Why not do it herself?  Then she could have been there to provide input on the deal.  I suppose this retcon wasn't the worse they could have done, but meh...  Rumple had to face this horrible deal, yet he proceeds to demand other people's children as the Dark One.  Because...?

Milah wanted to go with them, because "I have my reasons..." which were what exactly?  And then she proceeds to stay with the boat to keep an eye on Rumple.  Was her main reason that she didn't trust Rumple and wanted to make sure Emma saved Hook then?  I did like that she showed real remorse for her abandonment of Baelfire and taking out her anger on him.  

I thought Rumple was supposed to make sure they all sank in the boat?  Hades was okay with Emma and Killian getting up unscathed?

I was irritated that the B plot was given to Regina.  She already got closure in the first episode with her father.  Now she gets it with Daniel and then she got her magic back to save her horse?  Or was that supposed to be Daniel in spirit thanking her... the love for Regina is strong in this episode.   No need to give Charming or Robin something to do.  Snow got to be the prop again... yay, how gratifying.  At first, I thought it was Snow's horse that Regina put to sleep, but we can't have Snow finding out Regina's dirty little secret, can we.  As someone said above, why did Regina have issues with magic when Rumple and Emma did not.

And no, the heart splitting STILL didn't make any sense.  But now it can't even be done, so nothing to see here...

It wasn't a bad episode, but I can't think of a moment from this that I fully enjoyed. 

I did laugh when one of the commercial breaks ended with "Closed captioning for this show was brought to you by Cora's Breakfast and Lunch" with a wholesome granny serving food.  I didn't even know this local eatery existed.  

Edited by Camera One

Is it me or did this episode downplay the fact Rumple is the Dark One again? When he was talking with the Nevengers, it was like going back to Belle was his noble desire everyone could just nod to. Killian got over it pretty fast considering what his character is supposed to be. The heroes trust Rumple waaaay too much.

It was a really lame way of quickly acknowledging that horrible thing Rumple did but then immediately glossing it over with the "we're even" crap.  As usual, the writers are bending over backwards to explain why the "heroes" believe a thing that Rumple says.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I was irritated that the B plot was given to Regina. She already got closure in the first episode with her father. Now she gets it with Daniel and then she got her magic back to save her horse? Or was that supposed to be Daniel in spirit thanking her... the love for Regina is strong in this episode. No need to give Charming or Robin something to do. Snow got to be the prop again... 

We could have cut out everything about Regina needing to get her magic back again because it wasn't even an issue to begin with in the previous two episodes. Regina could have been ready to split Emma's heart and no one in the audience would have blinked an eye or asked, "Wait, we never saw her use magic in the last two episodes!"

Why couldn't the grave plot have included everyone looking for their loved ones' overturned grave markers? Regina could have kept her moment with Daniel, Robin could have found Marian's grave, Snow and David could have found each of their parents' graves... but instead we got a random horse redemption? 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 10

Why couldn't the grave plot have included everyone looking for their loved ones' overturned grave markers? Regina could have kept her moment with Daniel, Robin could have found Marian's grave, Snow and David could have found each of their parents' graves... but instead we got a random horse redemption? 

That would have been awesome and would have saved the episode for me.

They could also have figured out using their brains that gravestones that fell over meant the person moved on... hey, look, Meg, Hercules and Henry Sr.'s gravestones have FALLEN OVER... cue Robin, "What does that mean?"  And then everyone else gets the lightbulb moment.

• Love 2

It was weird that Cruella was so willing to help Regina. She just showed her the plans, making Henry's trip to get them meaningless.

Snow and David could have found each of their parents' graves..

A&E&J: "Well, we can just assume Snow and Charming looked at their parents' graves in the last episode. But Regina needs closure from every important person in her life. Henry Sr. Daniel. That random horse she put to sleep. The list goes on. Next week we'll be tackling the nanny she had for two days growing up before Cora ripped her heart out. If that nanny didn't teach Regina how to dress up, she wouldn't be the fashionable Evil Queen she is today!"

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

Next week we'll be tackling the nanny she had for two days growing up before Cora ripped her heart out. If that nanny didn't teach Regina how to dress up, she wouldn't be the fashionable Evil Queen she is today!"

Sadly, the nanny never taught her how to dance. She can finally move on now that she knows David taught Regina all the moves.

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 4

Sadly, the nanny never taught her how to dance.

The nanny needs forgiveness from Regina for that slight. It's her unfinished business.

Why couldn't the grave plot have included everyone looking for their loved ones' overturned grave markers? Regina could have kept her moment with Daniel, Robin could have found Marian's grave, Snow and David could have found each of their parents' graves... but instead we got a random horse redemption?

That would have been excellent. And it would remove the pesky issue of why no one is looking for their loved ones. We can just assume that they already know that person has moved on. I do question what happens to those poor people who have unfinished business with someone who has already moved on. Milah's unfinished business was with Bae, but he's already gone on to a better place. So basically, she was just screwed forever then? She wasn't the greatest person in the world, but being stuck in one place because she was selfish seems really harsh. 

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

I had that question during this episode.  Did anyone in Underbrooke actually end up resolving their unfinished business BEFORE our bumbling heroes got there?  Or are all the tipped over gravestones from people just passing through to the Light without stopping?  

Oh I forgot to mention. I love how "Underbrooke" is canon now.

I don't always get to watch on HD, but today I did, and the words on the arch "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Come Here" looked like they were just typed on top in post-production.  They didn't even try to make it look etched on.

It bothered me they were in English. Wouldn't Greek be more appropriate?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I don't always get to watch on HD, but today I did, and the words on the arch "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Come Here" looked like they were just typed on top in post-production.  They didn't even try to make it look etched on.  

• Love 3

I never thought I'd say this but I really hope Henry uses his author's pen to free Milah. Milah does not deserve Rumple. They can save Regina's sycophantic father, who abetted Regina's murderous acts, but not Milah - that is ridiculous.

I liked the episode but didn't love it. I've always felt that Rumple was a manipulative cowardly jerk even as peasant Rumple. He uses his weakness to control Milah. I've always said if she didn't leave him she either would have drank herself to death or killed him. I have no sympathy for Rumple. I hope Hades takes his kid. He should have to experience what he has done to others. I'd like that. Belle shouldn't complain since she is fine with rumple.

I feel cheated of a CS reunion and really wish Hook could have seen Milah. I like that he still cares for her and that she and Emma worked well together.

Edited by kitticup
  • Love 5

Killian/Milah scenes and Regina/Daniel scenes were two of the things I was most looking forward to in this Underworld arc. I wanted to see Milah and Daniel's reactions to the things Hook and Regina had done in their names in the name of revenge. I should have known the show would chicken out on this and both in the same episode, no less. I'm still really happy that Milah and Emma worked together and didn't play into the drama Rumple was clearly trying to set up, but if this is it for Milah, it's really going to bother me and not just because being stuck in the River of Lost Souls is a truly sucky fate. I wanted some Milah/Killian scenes, darn it. *stomps foot*

• Love 5

Oh I forgot to mention. I love how "Underbrooke" is canon now.

It bothered me they were in English. Wouldn't Greek be more appropriate?

Italian would be appropriate, since it's from the Divine Comedy. It's from a Christian underworld story, not a Greek myth. But I don't expect the writers to do the basic research to know that.

• Love 2