Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: I Win

She's the current mayor, but she's running for governor. So it makes sense that the press would be covering that regardless of how small their current town is. And the paper could be a regional one that covers several towns/counties. 

I can't believe the little league caller though. You'd think everyone would have heard about the missing kid. Or that someone would mention it to her.

Right, I meant gubernatorial candidate (not mayoral).

is this town supposed to be small or citified?

It was mentioned in an early episode that the town has a population of 75,000, so it's not Collinsport.   I re-watched the first four episodes before I watched this one.   I wanted to see if I missed anything in the very beginning. 

I thought pockmarkee might have bought two stuffed whales, but I'm not sure.  I hope the series doesn't last long enough for that room below the shed to get a tennant.  

I like the show in spite of the stupidities and poor writing.  My biggest problem is the time confusion.  We start out the show with a child character of a different age, and it's not a Danny or Adam flashback, it's Hank!  Give me a break.  Then we get a scene of Nina and John together which is apparently before the other flashbacks that they've shown us.  This is just a stupid way of telling a story IMO.

I think Adam is Adam unless Danny really knows he isn't, for some reason beyond any DNA testing that they could get wrong, and I don't think that's likely. 

I wasn't sure if the bats were meant to be supportive or not. Sheesh.

He paper is clearly the regional daily not the local weekly because as a journalist here to tell you local papers don't have staffs that large or work hard to get scoops. We have crime writers who have many other beats and they basically cover the trials don't pretend to go undercover. We cannot spare them as they generally also have to cover the weekly town council meetings. And yes, town council is hardly a leap to governor.

• Love 1
(edited)

She is. I think the reason so many still keep making the town council mistake is because that's what she was running for when Adam disappeared. But in present day, she's the mayor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

The scene with the Christmas necklace was out of Love, Actually, except in the movie Emma Thompson, the wife, never got the necklace.  I missed something.  What was the 'papa bear' stuff all about and why all the bats?  Never have I watched a show that I enjoyed so much, yet hated just about every character (except Danny).

• Love 1