Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Finale

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I don't think Amar nor Charlie Palmer came off well in the drama. 

I wouldn't think it fair to say that just because the other party finally regrets what happened in the past, that you would have to forgive so quickly. It's probably the first time they're meeting and they still needs time to flesh things out. 

Based on the snide comment Palmer made about "no one being too good to do something (wash dishes?)", and Amar admitting that he said things he regretted that led to the fallout when he left Charlie Palmer's restaurant, I'm pretty sure that Amar had said something along those lines before. And with how he said that he used to be just like Manbun, I can see why that could've pissed off a mentor. 

It's good that Amar is willing to work towards reconciliation *now*, but the other party likely needs time as well. 

I think Charlie Palmer isn't so much stiff and boring, as serious and egotistical. The ego thing isn't specific to him though, plenty of chefs are - and it seems the source of their fallout was his and Amar's ego clashing. 

Saw a very sweet Instagram post from Marjorie to Isaac after he won Fan Fave. Good sportsmanship and supportive by Marjorie -- very nice to see after the season dynamics from her towards Isaac.

I never saw the animosity that other kept saying was happening.  Some the most perforative were clearly edits.  "Shut up, Isaac", was clearly a good natured tease, and Isaac did not seem to dislike her.  

• Love 2

I am one more viewer who grew tired of Jeremy's bravado and switched my allegiance to Amar.  I loved Marjorie, too, and longed for a bite of her hot, buttered bread!  Finally, kudos to Carl for being an unassuming, quiet and modest chef with a killer smile.

This was not my favorite season by a long shot, yet I looked forward to every episode, so there must have been something compelling about it.  Here's to next season!

• Love 1