Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Paige and Mark should be interesting.  He's the only male she's not a sister of - except Kyle.  So she wants to get to know her "family" first.  Though her ID might not have them jumping onto who she is, as isn't her name Smith?  

Paul was actually a little sympathetic at the grave.  I wonder if this will make his character change or grow in some way.  

(edited)

I'm so confused by Ben's age. He was born in December 2001, which would make him twelve years old, yet he's only a year younger than Callum and looks even older than the actor?

Edited by SnideAsides
(edited)

Yeah, weird casting for Ben. I remember last time he was on the show he was a few years younger than Callum, which makes sense, since he is supposed to be 13 now, but I guess they just decided to age him a bit this time because of the sorts of storylines they want to give him (or maybe just because they particularly wanted that actor). I think Ben looks younger than Amber and Josh, who are apparently supposed to be just one year older than Bailey, so I guess it makes sense if you compare him to them (but they are about 23 in real life).

Yeah, I think Paige's surname would be Smith, but Brad might realise who she is if she told them that, so I guess that's why she wants a fake ID.

Totally expected them to do the typical soap thing of having Callum and Josie sleep together the night before Callum left for America to show how mature he's become or whatever, so I liked how they decided not to do it in the end; IMO that's an even bigger sign of his maturity – he didn't want to rush into it just because he was leaving and/or he knew that it would make things even harder if they did that right before they broke up. 

Edited by neutron

I am glad Josie and Callum didn't sleep together, I think they are way to young and would have liked to see Sonja and Toadie to have a more involved conversation with them when it first came up.

Amber and Josh seem way older than Bailey and Callum to me, but they are only 1 year apart?

Amber and Josh seem way older than Bailey and Callum to me, but they are only 1 year apart?

I guess they're probably 1.5 years apart in terms of their actual ages, but in school years, yes, that's right. Well, actually, Amber is in Year 12, but Josh is in Year 11 with Bailey and Callum because Susan wouldn't let him go back into Year 12.

Some of Sonya's speech was dumb - Callum isn't dying.  It is far to go for someone that age - maybe that made it that far so it would not seem so odd if he didn't return for things he might normally return for.  They'd have the money for flights at Christmas and such.  A lot of anvils that he'd be gone a year and then be back.  I wonder if Josie will drop off the radar for a while.  Or get involved with someone else before he comes back.  

Most kids I would think would not involve their parents in their sex lives.  I have heard of some being so modern they accept it, as Josie's Mums apparently did. Toadie and Sonya don't need to have big fights about it.  Though it looks like they will and Naomi will of course take advantage of that.  

What was the point of that silly subplot about the bad photo of Kyle and that girl?  To make Dane look like an idiot is all I can think of.  I barely remember him though I was watching when he was on to kind of substitute for Kyle.  Now he seems to be a convenient off the canvas character for Kyle to go to on other breaks for that actor.  

Hmm, yeah, I think if you're so young that you need to ask your parents' permission to have sex, then you're probably too young to be doing it at all.

Yeah, I also was wondering what's going to happen with Josie. Would kind of suck for the actress if she just lost her job because Callum decided to leave.

Oh my goodness, Naomi's stupid stalker story with that idiotic note is just so ridiculous. I can't believe Toadie would just rush to her side over something like that immediately after complaining about Sonya comforting Brennan. If he was worried about her getting home from the office safely he could've asked Chris and/or Kyle to go and pick her up (which would've made more sense anyway since they are her housemates).

(edited)

I would be sad to lose Josie, I like her.  And sad for the actress as well.

Yeah Toadie is sure getting sucked in by Naomi's stupid stories isn't he.  Hope she gets caught out soon.

I cannot stand people who think it's ok to just go into other people's places and look around.  Get out Paige.

Why was Paul taking money to see Victor, did I miss something?

Edited by Nozycat

I think maybe Paul has a gun and now he's going to kill Victor?  Or try to.  What a flake.  

Amber really likes Daniel.  Amber is young, so maybe she should not be so tied to a boyfriend.  Daniel and his ducks, lol.  

Paige looking out for her little brother without his knowing it was interesting.  It is funny Amber being jealous, since she and Josh don't know.  

Poor Paige.  They have me feeling bad for a newbie and not so bad for the (relatively) established characters.  It was awfully shallow of Lauren to assume it had to be Paige and could not possibly be one of her little darlings.  

Naomi, lol, could she dig that hole any deeper? Probably?  And what a dummy not to see that blackmail coming.  

I didn't feel bad for Paige because I am still pissed off with her just walking into Lauren's house and Brad's backyard and looking around.  Pretty much on a par with stealing for me.  But wow Bailey sure is going downhill fast, he is awful now.  And Paige had a point at Lauren not noticing him.  The actor is playing him well though.

Naomi is unbelievable, what a tangled web she is weaving.

Paula Abdul?  I could not care less.  What are they doing?  Get back to the story.  

I am glad Paige did not throw out the little stuffed animal.  That is her proof.  

That scene with Paula laughing at the idea of her having an affair with Karl was ridiculous! Oh my goodness, what is this show doing? Haha.

I cannot believe how stupid Naomi is being. For someone who has experience in having affairs with married men, she doesn't seem to be very good at coming up with sensible and non-suspicious ways of getting Toadie's attention.

I agree about Paige. She's already friends and neighbours with both Brad and Lauren, so I'm sure that before long they would've invited her into their homes anyway, so there was definitely no need for her to break in. Would've been better if they had caught her in the act, because then Lauren would've had more of a reason not to trust her. I can understand her trusting Paige the least out of her, Amber, and Bailey though. You wouldn't expect your children to steal from the family business. (Although I guess Bailey technically does have a criminal past. :P) Yeah, definitely good that she didn't throw out the stuffed toy. Would've been so unrealistic anyway – as if you'd keep it for all those years and then throw it out just because of one fight.

Yeah, the actor playing Bailey has definitely improved. That scene when he went home from the bus stop to face Matt was pretty good.

Speaking of good actors, Stefan Dennis: wow. Even though he was horrible to Brennan when he was blaming him for Kate's death, as soon as it turned out it was actually Paul's fault, Stefan immediately had me feeling sorry for Paul.

• Love 1

That scene with Paula laughing at the idea of her having an affair with Karl was ridiculous! Oh my goodness, what is this show doing? Haha.

My boyfriend (who does not watch regularly) was listening in, and he loved that scene with Paula because of just how ridiculous it was. And both of us were hysterical at Paula's laughs. I loved that even after she had walked away, you could STILL hear her practically guffawing. It was perfect. 

That said, in light of Karl's past, I felt a little icky with he and Susan talking about the celebrities he has a free pass with. The last storyline I remember watching with those two was during their divorce because of his affair with Izzy. And now they're joking about him sleeping with a celeb (no matter how impossible it might be)? Awkward.

I haven't watched the show in years (the only folks I recognize are Susan, Karl, Libby, Toadie, Paul, and Lou), but I've recently decided to jump back in (considering I am the mod here). I hope we can lure some more folks in to come chat. 

I love Paula Abdul and thought she was great.

I couldn't understand that Lauren actually found Paige in her house and didn't question it.  And I did understand her blaming Paige for the money missing.  Money had not gone missing before when her children worked there and only did shortly after Paige started.

I have never understood the free pass idea.

Yeah Stefan Dennis is great in the part of Paul.

I think Lauren assumed that Bailey had let Paige in, because Bailey left the room just as Lauren walked in (I think?).

Can't believe Paige just destroyed the store like that. There's really no need for her to be getting offended by all the things Lauren's been saying; it's not like Lauren knows that Paige is her daughter, and she obviously wouldn't be saying or even thinking those things if she did know.

Paul should apologize to Brennan after all the accusing he did - when it turns out to be his enemies who killed Kate.  

What are Carl and Susan thinking when it comes to that (their?) daughter?   Just offer her a job as teacher rather than all that manipulation.  

(edited)

I don't think they initially intended to manipulate Libby. Susan needed someone to fill in as deputy principal, so she called up Libby because that way they would get to see her as well. And then Susan got sick, so it made sense to ask Libby to fill in for her as principal. It was only once she got better and Libby was doing so well that they decided she may as well keep being principal for a little while longer. I think she majorly overreacted, but she's always been a drama queen so Karl and Susan should have expected that. :P

(Yes, Libby is Karl and Susan's daughter. They also have two sons, Billy and Mal. There is a painting/photo of them on the wall near their kitchen.)

Edited by neutron

Thank you neutron.  I remember Mal was there a while back from England.  He was married but involved with Jade.  

Anyone know where is the place they were talking about going (Libby and Ben)?  Okie, it sounded like.  

Funny Imogene just got her license when she's had that car for a while.  

No idea where Okie is but I remember it being mentioned several times.

Karl didn't even know about Libby coming but then tried to manipulate her from the start.  Susan was much more reluctant to go along with it.  I could understand LIbby having reacted extremely to parental button pushing myself.

Kim, Imogen bought that car so she could learn to drive in it, so she's had her licence for a while (she was driving in an episode a couple of weeks ago when she ran over Daniel's skateboard and knocked him into a bush). When they said Josh and Imogen just got their licences, I think they meant they upgraded from a learner's one to a provisional one. (Not sure how either of them managed to do that, when you never see Josh driving, and Imogen runs people over. :P)

Yeah up until now Imogen would have had to have a licensed driver in the car with her.  Getting her license, her P's, means she can now drive on her own but still with restrictions.

Thanks, I did not realize that.  What a good system.  

Now Imogene is reading To Kill a Mockingbird everywhere.  Interesting twist to have the brother come onto the scene.  So the back story is they adopted Paige but then had their own biological child after all.  Then the parents got divorced.  Typical soap stuff.  The brother seems to have his head on straight.  

Naomi sure likes to live on the edge.  I'm glad she didn't go through with stealing the engagement ring.  That guy was kind of stupid - there's no point in blackmailing someone for money they don't have.  You'll just end up having to tell, and then, you get no money.   Hopefully he's gone.  The funny thing is Naomi is totally distracted from her original goal with Toadie.  She messed up so much she has to spend full time on the consequences.  I think she's an interesting character.  Entertaining, anyway.  And Sheila generally knows when she is up to something.

I love how quick Sheila is to accuse Naomi of things, and she's always right. But I also love how she just gives her the benefit of the doubt when Naomi denies it, and then Naomi's conscience kicks in (like with the ring and the car). Sheila's awesome. :) Naomi's a really good character too, and yeah, I agree, it's so silly how she let everything get so out of control that she forgot about Toadie.

I agree with Kyle that he and Georgia aren't ready to get married just yet. I don't think the lying is the entire problem, it's also the fact that he doesn't want to involve her in his business/financial affairs at all. I reckon if you're married you should let your wife help you with things if she wants to, and that's all Georgia was trying to do.

I didn't think Naomi's conscience kicked in with the car (if we are talking about the same thing) I thought she was setting fake stalker up.

Yeah I also think Kyle and Georgia should be taking more time before they get married and sort out their issues but too late now.

(edited)

Ohh, I was thinking she was originally planning to just give the guy Paul's car and then changed her mind because she felt guilty, but now I think you're right about it being a setup all along.

Well, they've still got at least three months until the wedding, so there's a bit of time to sort out their issues.

In other news, apparently Harry Kewell's wife is joining the cast: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/harry-kewells-wife-sheree-murphy-lands-role-on-neighbours-20140616-zs9p4.html

Edited by neutron

So Paige got all offended when Lauren thought she might have stolen the money, but wrecking Harold's seems to be ok with her, as does other explosive stuff she has done.  Looks like she is dangerous and needs a lot of help to me.

Carl was coming around that Paul might need help rather than scheming.  Paul's apology to Terese was nice.  Maybe he is making some character growth.  Daniel telling him off was good.  

Naomi should be almost obvious to Toadie.  She happens to be there at all the right moments.  

(edited)

Every time Paul has some character growth and goes forward a step he seems to regress 3 steps not long after again though.

Oh lordie, Naomi is so obvious, but Toadie is oblivious.  Maybe now he'll get a clue.  I couldn't believe Sonja left Jarrod to talk to Bailey, Bailey was not in crisis and had bailed on her so it was totally unnecessary and enabling and so mean to Jarrod, no wonder he is so hurt and pissed off.

Ok I am now officially over Paige not telling, let's move this story on already.

Edited by Nozycat

Why is Matt so interested in Paige all of a sudden? And why did Amber even show her mum that photo if she didn't want her to use it?

I don't get why it's such a huge problem for Brad to not have a job; he coached Josh full-time for ages and they didn't seem to have any money troubles then.

Loving Sheila and Naomi at the moment. Everyone else is so boring.

(edited)

Yeah much about this show doesn't make sense.

I am so sick of this tired old trope of one character going to say something really important to another and getting interrupted so it doesn't happen. They keep doing it with Amber and Paige at the moment - just move the stories along already.

Wth Sonya, you've been away and within 30 seconds of walking back in the house and saying hello to your husband with whom you have been having problems, instead of having some together time with him you go to dump Nell and walk straight back out again?  And then you get all upset when the same thing happens to Jarrod as happened to you?  I used to like her but I just can't with her any more.

Edited by Nozycat

I agree with the reveals.  Especially Amber and Daniel - that is ridiculously unbelievable.  I predict they are going to be found out some other way.  

Imogene was ridiculous with Brad in the class.  I remember some teachers having their kids in the school, but they fixed it so they didn't have their parents as the teacher.  But it could be necessary where there's no alternative teacher teaching the same class.  Brad should have had a big talk with Imogene about his teaching style.  Also it was silly for Imogene and Josh to be so whiny about it.  

I wonder if Brad got paid for coaching Josh?  He could have stuck with teaching yoga if they didn't need the money.  I could see where he has to do something.  Long term I think these couples are doomed to a part time break up caused by Paige.  Therese isn't helping her cause by pushing Brad into a job he hates.  In fact we'd think Susan would sense that and pick someone else.  In soap land jobs are so easy to get unless the plot requires an issue, lol.

Yeah I'll bet Josh will walk in on them at some stage.

I can't believe how Imogen was talking to her father.  

Don't know who would have paid Brad for coaching Josh.  The whole needing a job thing seems like a plot contrivance.  Brad could easily build up a personal coaching business through his yoga classes I would think.

Maybe sponsors pay the coaches because the athlete is so valuable, but I don't really know.  As someone else said, the Willis' were surviving before, so they don't need the money.  Maybe they got used to the income from his gym job.  

Brad liked the yoga classes and could go with that.

But you're right, they want Brad in that school - so they can do the conflict with Imogene and maybe other plots.

Wasn't Josh only recently getting sponsors?

I love how the actress who plays Naomi portrays her.  Naomi is a mess but she plays her well.  Will be interesting to see how her friends react when they find out the truth about her.

Thank heavens they have finally moved on that love triangle.  Amber was so selfish for not telling Josh for so long and carrying on behind his back.  Now to bring Paige out into the open, ridiculous how long they are drawing this out.

Maybe we are getting close on Paige?  The previews hinted Cathy might know.  I guess she got the purple notebook back without Cathy noticing.  

The Carl-as-author thing they are playing for laughs.  Carl is so talented, doctor, musician, author, lol. 

Sheila running her mouth until Naomi was almost out of a job - I could tell Sheila was overdoing it.  Naomi already had the job - no need to sell her boss on it!  

Thank heavens we had a couple of days of no Paige, I can't stand her or the dragging storyline.

I am glad Sonya and Toadie are happy again.

Poor Brennan, lol, he was like a deer in headlights when he finally got what Naomi wanted.

Naomi is so ridiculous. As if you would just expect that your housemate would be up for that sort of thing, when they've never even hinted at being interested. Has she ever seen Brennan bring a random girl home? No. She's such a weirdo. But I like her – she's entertaining.

Yeah as a friend I would find Naomi exasperating but as a character I find her very entertaining too.

I was going noooooo, not Bossy, she's my favourite character, lol.  So glad she is ok.

Glad also Matt told Amber how he felt, what she did was really awful and selfish imo.

I'm surprised there is no gay marriage in Australia.  Is there much chance of it?  Even the US has it in many states.  I did not realize Lucy was going to come up with that idea, so it was a good surprise storyline.  But Chris has never considered having children, and he's young, so it may not be the best idea.  I wonder if Sonya would allow Toadie to father a child for someone else.  Or Brennan might be willing to do it.  

The whole idea of Amber moving in was silly.  That Paul was OK with it was strange - are adults ever really that easy going about such a thing?  And then Amber being under 18 and acting as if she can just tell her parents she is moving out.  Does she think they will pay Paul child support?  Amber doesn't have a job.  

Probably not much chance with the current government, Kim, but I guess you never know. I feel like they bring up that issue a little more often than is necessary on the show though, so it's pretty obvious that the writers/producers have strong opinions about it. I really like how Chris has that "you don't have to be in a relationship to be happy" attitude though – the amount of emphasis the show puts on relationships is quite over the top at times.

Thought it was completely weird when Lucy suggested having a baby with Chris after spending just a day with him. I mean, I know she wasn't asking him to spend the rest of his life with her, but when you share a child with someone, that's a pretty big bond, so it's a big decision to make all of a sudden like that.

The Naomi/Josh storyline that they've been promoting recently also looks like it's going to be really weird. I bet they'll end up together though, mainly because Josh is still so upset about Amber and Paige.

EDIT: Well, I guess I was right about Josh, although I was expecting that Naomi would have to convince him that it was a good idea, not the other way round.

Edited by neutron

Good grief, asking someone to have a child with them after knowing them for one day?  How ridiculous.

And Josh and Naomi seems really icky to me.  He is still almost a school boy and she is way older.

Now Carl has fans and Susan has detractors.  I guess somebody is the author of such books.  But maybe their spouses are not high school principles.

Naomi and Josh comes out of left field.  I guess it is a reasonable casual hook up.  I can see Therese yelling at Sheila soon.  

I think maybe Chris should go for it as he said - it's not always easy.  It's his chance.  Like he pointed out, your kids you have always.  And he would be a good Dad.