Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I liked that Elly basically confessed because of the stress of the secrets, not because she was exposed by an outside party like what mostly happens on soaps.

Oh, I didn't think of that. How unusual! I like that.

• Love 1

I was so glad when Elly finally turned herself in, her stress was making me feel stressed, heh. Poor Mark, that would be so devastating.

Gary does my head in.  I think he and Amy could be good if he just reined his stupid ideas in.

Oh seriously, this whole Andrea/Dee storyline has just gotten stupider and stupider imo, and NONE of those bright sparks was suspicious of Andrea disappearing and 'Dee' reappearing at the same time?  Toadie just accepted she was Dee?  Too stupid for words.  Just had to vent and get that off my chest.

• LOL 1

I hear you, but I thought the scene where Toadie had Andrea and Dee on both sides of him insisting they were the genuine article was fun and super soapy.  I think the actress has done a nice job differentiating between them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think the actress has done a nice job differentiating between them.

She is doing great I just don't know why they even had to bring Dee back from the dead if the actress is not staying.

(edited)

I assume at first, it was just going to be the Fake Dee story, but that was a hit and the actress was game to do more stints so it just kept building and building. 

In other news, Yashvi and Ned are together now?  Ew!  Isn't Ned, like, way older than her?  Also, I liked Ned with Bea and I don't like that they blew up their relationship for stupid Finn.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hear you, but I thought the scene where Toadie had Andrea and Dee on both sides of him insisting they were the genuine article was fun and super soapy.  I think the actress has done a nice job differentiating between them.

Yes.  I am glad that they at least didn't draw out Toadie thinking Andrea was Dee again and resolved that quickly.

Yeah, I think they just wanted to nod back to where this all started - with Andrea showing up on his doorstep pretending to be Dee.

Also, I don't think I mentioned it, but I loved Willow tackling Andrea.

• Love 1

I liked the beat of Dee being upset that Toadie had already gone reminiscing at the wedding venue with Andrea, that she had painted a picture in her head of it if she ever got the chance to see him again, and now it's another thing that's been spoiled.  I'm very curious to see how she reacts when she sees Hugo.

Roxy is such an annoying try-hard.

I recall when Kyle left Amy to be with Georgia and felt bad for Amy - hope she doesn't take him back too quickly.  That she got with Gary in the meantime is weird. 

Neil is already in a school uniform.  She is getting big.  

The new guy is good looking - Chloe is sure aggressive when she wants someone!  

Who is the young girl whose father is so bad but she wants to talk to him?  

(edited)

I dunno, I kinda wish they had just left it as Dee and Andrea being doppelgangers, two people who happened to look alike (and didn't we hear in the beginning that Andrea took steps to look more like Dee?).  All this very quick retconning and deus ex nuns didn't do it for me.  That said, the actress who plays Heather did a nice job when confronted with the truth of what happened when she gave birth.

So obviously it wasn't Gary who attacked Paul.  I'm guessing it has to do with the sudden appearance of seemingly sweet Harlow and her psycho dad?

I kinda can't wait for Amy and Kyle to finally get to kiss.  I've really been liking them.

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

Oh, and again with the incestual pairings on this show, all I could think of when Leo grudgingly came to congratulate Paul and Terese on their engagement was that he 100% knows what his future stepmom looks like nekked lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Amy and Gary were always a terrible pairing imo, Gary needs to grow up and gain some impulse control, but no way should Sheila and Paul have stuck their noses in like that.

Yeah I also suspect the attack on Paul has something to do with Robert - is that the right name?

11 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Yeah I also suspect the attack on Paul has something to do with Robert - is that the right name?

It's the right name but giving Paul a beating is not something Robert would do. Robert is more of a bomb person or just out right killing his father. Robert didn't care who he killed to get to his father.

The first person I thought of was Vance. I hope not because I didn't like him either.

I really am not into Bea and Finn being together.  There's something really gross about it, given what he did to her.

And after the big push on Chloe and Pierce, now it's, bloop, back to Chloe and Elly?

• Love 1

Yashvi waiting in a hotel room for Ned to come relieve her of her virginity was, again, ew.

But aw, Dee and Toadie were sweet.  Even though Dipi and Karl are right to be concerned that neither are in the headspace to be giving it another go, stay out of it please!

Dee is so sweet she is making me suspicious.

Lol @ Shane's reaction to Yashvi and Ned, he has been cracking me up and the actor is playing it really well I think.  And Yashvi with her lack of filter.  But I gasped at Dipi's audaciousness in saying she doesn't normally do things like look at people's journals - she does that sh.t all the time.

• Love 1

That is Dee from what  remember. I will have to go back and look at some of the old eps I have of her to check. I just don't want to invest in her again if she is going to leave.

Toad broke my heart today with his grief. It was so raw and powerful. It's amazing that Ryan has been on a soap for so long and hasn't coasted along. I think alot of the veteran actors has some serious chops and very rarely coast on it. Soap actors from the US should watch a few eps and learn a few lessons from them.  Ok, the writers should watch some eps too. Every time someone complains about a storyline in Neighbours I just think of how the american ones are so much worse.

• Love 1
On 8/7/2019 at 7:50 AM, xfuse said:

Nailed it.

Well done, I would never have thought of him.  Glad Roxy finally did the right thing.

Amy needs to ditch Gary quick smart.  He and Sheila are awful. And Kyle is so stupid and mean with what he said to Amy.

Ok I really don't like Dee now.  I don't like the way she has been showing up and hanging around Toadie all the time, coming on to him, especially after he said he wasn't ready.  She's like a sweet, smiling leech imo.

Edited by Nozycat

I know the whole storyline is ridiculous anyway so it doesn't make sense for me to nitpick like this, but I literally screamed "AS IF!" at my screen when Scarlett managed to put a blanket over Ned AND lie next to him AND put his arm around her without waking him up. Like, c'mon. Yashvi would still have jumped to the same conclusion even if Scarlett had just taken her shirt off and stayed where she was, and then she could've avoided risking waking Ned up. Also, I don't really think it's consistent with Yashvi's character to have just quietly walked away rather than yelling at them both immediately.

I liked the subtle(?) shoutout on Friday to the Kennedys' 25th anniversary of joining the show. 🙂

The Fay/Chloe situation is so sad. 😞

Edited by neutron
  • Love 1

Yeah and how Scarlett was able to listen into several conversations without anyone noticing.

That little foundation is running 30 programs???

Why is Amy STILL living with Gary and Sheila?  Stupid.

Love the McKenzie storyline.

10 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Yeah and how Scarlett was able to listen into several conversations without anyone noticing.

Yes! Like when she was literally just standing behind a pole, and Terese and Paul were talking on the other side of it. As if you would have that much unawareness of who was around you in your own home.

Yeah, the existence of Mackenzie is definitely freshening things up, because for once they aren't just reusing the same typical soap storylines. I haven't really heard many comments from trans viewers, but Mackenzie is in that category of trans people who aren't automatically "outed by their appearance", and so I've been wondering how trans viewers who aren't in that category feel (e.g. about the whole "you outed me and now I'll be bullied" subplot). I guess people understand that you can't cater for every audience member with every character, so hopefully it's okay.

• Love 1

This is uncharitable...but all the people who are going to be terrorized by Finn this week kinda have it coming lol.  I get it's a soap and people have to be stupid sometimes for plot reasons, but all these people - Susan, Elly, Bea, etc. - letting Finn into their hearts and homes and beds after everything he did was always insane to me.

• Love 1

Yeah for me especially Susan had it coming, she was so obsessed with Finn and pushed for him to be let off and to take him in.  So stupid.  I couldn't stand her in that storyline.  Now I am finding it difficult to muster up any empathy for her.

And it's kinda sad that the one person who perished was Gary, who was vehemently against Finn being allowed to reenter Ramsey Street society like nothing had happened.

They really came up with a gruesome but not gory way to dispatch Finn.  But speaking of people being dumb on soaps, oh Elly, check that he's dead (didn't he fake his death at one point?), but starting to bury the body when you know Susan is calling the cops?  It's like she wanted to be charged with murder!

• Love 2
On 3/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, TeeVee329 said:

And it's kinda sad that the one person who perished was Gary, who was vehemently against Finn being allowed to reenter Ramsey Street society like nothing had happened.

They really came up with a gruesome but not gory way to dispatch Finn.  But speaking of people being dumb on soaps, oh Elly, check that he's dead (didn't he fake his death at one point?), but starting to bury the body when you know Susan is calling the cops?  It's like she wanted to be charged with murder!

Agree about Gary. 😞

I think Elly did check that Finn was dead. She lifted up his head and felt the pulse in his neck. And his body presumably felt lifeless.

What I don't understand is how everyone managed to have compassion on Finn because they thought his trauma caused his evilness, but when his memories came back, they somehow lost that compassion even though his trauma was still causing his evilness. (This is proved by the fact that he was always nice when he couldn't remember the trauma.) It just didn't make complete sense to me that Elly would actually want to kill him, or that she'd see him dead and then immediately start talking about how much she hates him and hopes he suffered. I mean, she was in love with him the day before, and then all of a sudden she sounded a bit like a psychopath herself. But maybe I'm just underestimating how I'd feel if I was in her situation.

EDIT: Just remembered that Finn was first introduced as some guy that Elly once tried to run over (or did run over?), so maybe it is consistent with her character. But I don't see how she expected to be able to kill him this time without a car.

Edited by neutron
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, neutron said:

I think Elly did check that Finn was dead. She lifted up his head and felt the pulse in his neck. And his body presumably felt lifeless.

Oh no, she did check.  I'm saying that's where she should have left it.  It was her hurling dirt on him when the cops came up that made her look guilty as hell.

It was amusing to me in today's episode how flabbergasted she is that anyone could possibly think she murdered Finn, especially in the face of Mark's equally amusing "...girl, c'mon" reactions.  I did like the little note that the local authorties are extremely embarrassed and covering their ass-y about this whole Finn situation (...though letting the suspect's ex-husband be the first to question her wasn't a great first step).  And I've been liking Sky so I'm cool with her getting involved.

A question I did have - does Sheila not hate Terese for breaking Gary's heart back in the day?  I was surprised she was so open to Terese when she came to check on her, but I might have missed them reconciling.

Roxy is such an annoying try-hard even when she's supporting grieving people.  I really don't want Kyle getting stuck with her.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh no, she did check.  I'm saying that's where she should have left it.  It was her hurling dirt on him when the cops came up that made her look guilty as hell.

It was amusing to me in today's episode how flabbergasted she is that anyone could possibly think she murdered Finn, especially in the face of Mark's equally amusing "...girl, c'mon" reactions.  I did like the little note that the local authorties are extremely embarrassed and covering their ass-y about this whole Finn situation (...though letting the suspect's ex-husband be the first to question her wasn't a great first step).  And I've been liking Sky so I'm cool with her getting involved.

A question I did have - does Sheila not hate Terese for breaking Gary's heart back in the day?  I was surprised she was so open to Terese when she came to check on her, but I might have missed them reconciling.

Roxy is such an annoying try-hard even when she's supporting grieving people.  I really don't want Kyle getting stuck with her.

Ohh, sorry, just re-read your post and I get it now.

I think I'd be shocked if someone accused me of murder, even if intellectually I understood how it might've looked like I did it, just because it would feel so crazy to be accused of something so extreme that I know I'd never do. But I don't know if that applies to Elly because she apparently did want to kill him. 😛

I agree about the ridiculousness of letting Mark question Elly, especially when HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK THERE!? They clearly overlooked that because they called in Sky saying that they wanted someone from interstate, but Mark is already from interstate. The other part that made no sense was that Sky rocked up to work wearing her uniform, including a gun, even though she only originally travelled to Erinsborough for her wedding so she wouldn't have brought that stuff.

I can't remember what happened with Sheila and Terese, but Gary was friends with Terese so I'm sure they all just eventually got over it (as people do in Erinsborough when it's convenient for the plot).

• Love 1
On 3/26/2020 at 10:51 PM, neutron said:

The other part that made no sense was that Sky rocked up to work wearing her uniform, including a gun, even though she only originally travelled to Erinsborough for her wedding so she wouldn't have brought that stuff.

OMG great point, I didn't even think of that!  

I did kinda love Sky handing Mark the handcuffs and making him be the one to arrest Elly, it was very "Ooooh, this will make it soooooo much more dramatic" lol.  I've been having some fun at this storyline's expense, but there is something so classically Soaps! about it that I'm really enjoying.

There was a little too much Harlow and Hendrix for my liking.  I also still wish Roxy had gotten taken out by a bomb.

On 3/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, TeeVee329 said:

There was a little too much Harlow and Hendrix for my liking.  I also still wish Roxy had gotten taken out by a bomb.

Really?! Nooo, I love Roxy! Such a great actress, IMO. And I think there's so much complexity to her character that they haven't fully explored yet.

• Love 1

Yeah, not a fan of Roxy.  Something so try-hard-y about her that irritates me.  And I really like Kyle and I'm not happy they seem to be gearing up to put her with him.

Speaking of Kyle love interests, aw, I liked the Amy Skype cameo, that was a nice touch.  What is the actress who played Xanthe doing that she couldn't put in some kind of appearance?

Sky asking NOW if Mark wants to recuse himself because of his personal connection to Elly made me laugh.  I liked the confrontation with Toadie and Sky, Toadie noting the ripple effect this whole drama is going to have on the street (even noting that now he has to double-check everything he allowed Finn to do at his foundation), and I could feel the weight of him referencing some of Sky's history, even if I don't know/never saw it.  BTW is Sky related to Toadie and Shane, a family friend, what's the deal there?

Finally, did anyone else notice the hilarious "Mum and Dad have Been Arrested" poster at the police station lol! 

Edited by TeeVee329
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, not a fan of Roxy.  Something so try-hard-y about her that irritates me.

Agree 100 %.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

BTW is Sky related to Toadie and Shane, a family friend, what's the deal there?

No, they are related to Dylan. He is their cousin.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, xfuse said:

No, they are related to Dylan. He is their cousin.

Oh okay, and Dylan's Sky's ex, right, the one she has her kids with and who she was nervous about telling about her wedding to Lana?

Which reminds me, during the anniversary week, Paul went past Dylan and did a double-take and then hilariously told Terese something like, "Oh, that was some guy who almost killed me, oh well, let's get to the next wedding!"  Oh Paul, you scamp!

• Love 1

The show seems to want us to think that Sheila is being so mean to David and Susan, but she's totally not IMO.  David and particularly Susan are absolutely part of the reason Finn was put in Gary's path so they're going to have to take some lumps.  Also, it's been like four days!  Give a lady time to grieve! 

Ugh, I hate custody stories so I'm not enjoying Claudia stirring things.  And double ugh, Roxy is being extra annoying in this storyline with Mackenzie.

(edited)

Yes I totally get Sheila's position and I feel for her so much.  I think Susan especially is to blame, she was so obsessed with Finn and being his rescuer.  David I think was doing his job and was not Finn's doctor when things started going south.

I thought Roxy did really well with Prue's memorial and was very considerate of Harlow's feelings.  But the whole thing with MacKenzie is so going wrong.

Mannix AGAIN?  I don't find the character or his storylines even remotely interesting.

Edited by Nozycat

Hey, it's Dee!  And Andrea!  I assume Andrea is up to something, which is fine with me because we already have a Madeleine West character who's nice, though I'm not sure what it is yet.  And it was good to a get a Willow update, I dunno why they haven't made her a regular.

The girl from Kyle's support group > > > > > > > > > >  Roxy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I'm kinda with Paul, it's not outrageous that he's against his teenage granddaughter having sleepovers with her boyfriend.  Though we're clearly in a "Paul's family buckles against his controlling behavior" arc yet again.

That moment with Kyle trying to hide the condom wrapper from Sheila was funny and actually refreshingly modern.  

Terese being all, "...aren't you and Kyle nothing?" when Roxy came home all sad about Kyle's hookup was also amusing.  Because seriously.  

Edited by TeeVee329
1 hour ago, Nozycat said:

Awww I feel for Roxy.

Nope, never.

The character breaks the cardinal rule in any tv show. She's annoying. You can like or love a character. You can dislike or hate a character. There can be boring characters that you kinda forget they are even on a show when they are off screen but an annoying character makes you want to turn of your tv.  

Roxy is annoying. No matter what is happening I can't feel for her because all I want is for her to disappear. 

5 hours ago, xfuse said:

Nope, never.

The character breaks the cardinal rule in any tv show. She's annoying. You can like or love a character. You can dislike or hate a character. There can be boring characters that you kinda forget they are even on a show when they are off screen but an annoying character makes you want to turn of your tv.  

Roxy is annoying. No matter what is happening I can't feel for her because all I want is for her to disappear. 

How is she annoying? I don't find her annoying at all.

• Love 1