Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Imo Amy was way out of line and I totally get Steph's response in not being able to trust her any more.  How was Steph expecting to live though financially, was she going to draw down a salary?

No Mishti, not okay to use your sexuality to manipulate a man that way imo and to lie to Leo.  She is a hypocrite.

Glad to see Xanthe and Ben back together, that was sweet.

I wonder what Gary and Sheila are covering up.

1 hour ago, Nozycat said:

Imo Amy was way out of line and I totally get Steph's response in not being able to trust her any more.  How was Steph expecting to live though financially, was she going to draw down a salary?

No Mishti, not okay to use your sexuality to manipulate a man that way imo and to lie to Leo.  She is a hypocrite.

Glad to see Xanthe and Ben back together, that was sweet.

I thought the same about Steph and Amy, but then I remembered that it was Amy who helped Nick get the wellness centre plans into motion, so even though Steph is really the one who made it happen, it doesn't really make sense to me that Steph is able to kick Amy out and Amy just has to take it.

Yeah, Mishti is definitely in the wrong, and I don't really think it fits with her character for her to be doing things like that, especially the illegal stuff.

Yeah, it's nice to see Ben and Xanthe back together. :)

Yeah tough on Amy.

Why does Lynn always look as if she has just stuck her finger in a light socket?  Are they trying to make her look crazy or does the actress actually like her hair like that?

Glad the boring storyline with Jack has been resolved.  I find him so boring anyway.  I found the way the actor played his character in H&A boring as well.

Wow Jimmy is really shooting up.

Glad to see Yashvi making some progress.

Yes totally predictable.  Lol @ them all going for the date.

Gary and Sheila are so dumb, heh.  And what's up with Mark also and again obstructing an investigation?  He hasn't learnt has he and I still think it's out of character for him.

I hope they don't break up Aaron and David, I like them together.  Just tell the truth Aaron, it's going to come back and bite you.

On 16/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, Nozycat said:

The other day when you posted this, I was about to reply and say that I thought they were just nervous because they'd interfered with the crime scene and they thought it'd look dodgy, but then I couldn't remember whether I knew that from watching the show or from reading spoilers, so I didn't write it. And I totally didn't realise that Gary and Sheila were supposed to be hiding things from the viewers as opposed to just the other characters, although your post made me wonder if I'd misunderstood. And now it turns out that they did alter the crime scene, but they also did think they were hiding more than that. I still can't work out whether the viewers already knew that Gary did that or if I just read it somewhere.

Edited by neutron
22 hours ago, neutron said:

That Gary and Sheila storyline was soooooo stupid. AS IF Gary would just assume that Sheila killed someone and as if Sheila wouldn't be totally offended by him assuming that.

Heh well Sheila thought Gary had done it so they are even really.

11 hours ago, neutron said:

The other day when you posted this, I was about to reply and say that I thought they were just nervous because they'd interfered with the crime scene and they thought it'd look dodgy, but then I couldn't remember whether I knew that from watching the show or from reading spoilers, so I didn't write it. And I totally didn't realise that Gary and Sheila were supposed to be hiding things from the viewers as opposed to just the other characters, although your post made me wonder if I'd misunderstood. And now it turns out that they did alter the crime scene, but they also did think they were hiding more than that. I still can't work out whether the viewers already knew that Gary did that or if I just read it somewhere.

Yes they were totally hiding it from the viewers with all their vague conversations which made it so obvious that neither of them had killed Hamish.  I didn't see Gary interfering with the crime scene before the reveal so you may have read it somewhere else.

Groan, Mark is being so stupid.

Edited by Nozycat
4 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Heh well Sheila thought Gary had done it so they are even really.

Yeah, but to be fair, Gary has bashed people and been in gaol multiple times, whereas the worst Sheila has done is yell at people and I think maybe she slapped someone once. It would've been pretty crazy if she had murdered Hamish.

Edited by neutron
8 hours ago, neutron said:

Yeah, but to be fair, Gary has bashed people and been in gaol multiple times, whereas the worst Sheila has done is yell at people and I think maybe she slapped someone once. It would've been pretty crazy if she had murdered Hamish.

Yes true.

Oh my goodness, I didn't think Mark could get any more stupid, but then he has that conversation with Paige and totally doesn't get it.

2 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Oh my goodness, I didn't think Mark could get any more stupid, but then he has that conversation with Paige and totally doesn't get it.

I bet that at the time when Mark destroyed evidence for Sonya, we all thought it was a writer fail because it was totally out of character for him to do that after arresting Paige on their wedding day. So it's interesting that now the writers (well, possibly different writers) have turned that fail into an actual storyline, where Paige is upset by the inconsistency. Good save. :P

Edited by neutron

I still think it is totally ooc for Mark to tamper with evidence again.

Glad Paul and Courtney didn't get married, he did the right thing for once but tough on her.

I thought it was ooc for Toadie to be such a d.ck at the auditions too, that was much more Karl's speed imo.

15 hours ago, Nozycat said:

I still think it is totally ooc for Mark to tamper with evidence again.

Glad Paul and Courtney didn't get married, he did the right thing for once but tough on her.

I thought it was ooc for Toadie to be such a d.ck at the auditions too, that was much more Karl's speed imo.

I think it made some sort of sense when he explained that above all he just refused to let Tyler down again. (Although I would argue that he's letting him down more by teaching him that lying about something so serious is okay.) I liked how he also acknowledged that it's about time he got fired, because in real life, Mark (and Ellen) would defs have been kicked out of the force ages ago.

Yeah, that was nice of Paul, although he shouldn't have gone along with the idea in the first place.

And yeah, I agree about Toadie behaving more like Karl. Especially the bit where he didn't even let Xanthe audition.

IIRC with Paige there wasn't really any room for him to tamper with anything? Like the police were literally on the way to arrest her even if he wasn't there? Okay it was tough on her that he did the actual cuffing, but I don't think he could've covered it up even if he wanted to?

So bored of the 'Terese is with Gary but /probably/ still has feelings for Paul' thing. Now that she and Gary are together (and has been miraculously cured of cancer with like one round of treatment) can they just leave and go somewhere else to be boring together (ideally taking Sheila with them)? 

20 hours ago, neutron said:

I think it made some sort of sense when he explained that above all he just refused to let Tyler down again. (Although I would argue that he's letting him down more by teaching him that lying about something so serious is okay.) I liked how he also acknowledged that it's about time he got fired, because in real life, Mark (and Ellen) would defs have been kicked out of the force ages ago.

Yes agreed about giving Tyler the wrong message.  To me Mark was much more worried about his own feelings than Tyler's.  Tyler was obviously distressed over keeping it all a secret and Mark just bulldozed him.

12 hours ago, Olivia Y said:

IIRC with Paige there wasn't really any room for him to tamper with anything? Like the police were literally on the way to arrest her even if he wasn't there? Okay it was tough on her that he did the actual cuffing, but I don't think he could've covered it up even if he wanted to?

So bored of the 'Terese is with Gary but /probably/ still has feelings for Paul' thing. Now that she and Gary are together (and has been miraculously cured of cancer with like one round of treatment) can they just leave and go somewhere else to be boring together (ideally taking Sheila with them)? 

But that's not the point for me, it is that his attitude was straight down the line with Paige, no room for grey areas and he even arrested her, at their wedding no less, then with Sonja and Tyler he is breaking the rules in a major way.

Also majorly bored with Terese and that whole storyline, but I quite like Gary and Sheila.

Heh yes that was funny with Gabe.

So Mark has insight and pain about moving way out of line with his moral compass but still stops Tyler from telling the truth.  I am getting over this storyline now, let's just find out what happened to Hamish already.

It's such a soap thing to not want your loved ones to sustain the penalties for their crimes.  Do real people every think like that?  You love your kid so much you confess to their crime so they don't have to go to jail, which you are willing to do?  Not sure that is even good for the kid, let alone society.  And Mark is a cop.  And Tyler probably is not guilty anyway.  Why not check into that? They've gotten all the mileage they could out of Hamish's death, and it was probably Louise.  

More baby story with Toadie and Sonya.  They have Nell, so the infertility must not be that bad.  Maybe it arose after Nell?  

Yes, Gabe is real big now!  And how could they get the actor to crawl unless he is old enough to understand things?  Or even do them.  I have a great nephew now who is two and a half and he could understand you but like most kids, would not do any of his new skills if you asked him to.  Actor babies must be special in that they will do it if asked!  

Yes not good for the kid at all to save them from the consequences of their actions, imo, does not help them mature and take responsibility.  Just cripples them.

I think I remember Toadie and Sonja having fertility problems before and Nell being a bit of a surprise pregnancy?

Dipi needs to mind her own business and stop trying to run other people's lives for them.  She annoys me.

Eta - Good stuff tonight, imo - several people stood up to Toadie's dreadful mother, Terese stood up to Paul and Sheila stood up to her bully.

Eta - so it's over for the year.  Glad Tyler finally fessed up.  I am guessing it's not him who killed Hamish though.

What a cliffhanger though - who took Gabe, is he safe?

I would have been pissed at Paul with the whole apartment thing with Leo and David.

Edited by Nozycat

There seemed to be something that didn't make sense in today's episode: Gary walked into the house after Ben and Xanthe had slept together, and Terese showed him Xanthe's school uniform to distract him, and then Gary left to go buy the pie, and then when he came home, Xanthe told him that she was going back to school, and he acted all surprised like it was the first he'd heard of it.

Lol at the Brennans suddenly becoming the only people in the street who don't own the boat. Seemed a bit weird that no one brought up the fact that the boat doesn't even work properly.

Edited by neutron

Are the Cannings Catholic?  Gary Francis Xavier Canning sounds like he has a confirmation name.  

It was kind of funny when Shane first called out Gary.  Though the results he sustained are not really related to the actions of Gary.  

On 1/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, neutron said:

Terese showed him Xanthe's school uniform to distract him

It was the hotel's uniform. (I probably missed this, but did they mention why she's not working at the spa anymore?)

Are they ever going to pick up the Dee/Andrea storyline?

Ugh Shane is an ugly drunk, he should have been arrested.  Mishti did the right thing.  But her superior is awful.

I remember there was a story why Xanthe stopped working at the spa but can't remember why.

Yeah why do they keep showing Dee/Andrea in the background but not following up?  It's silly.

Enough of Toadie and Sonya's love life - please.

On 20/01/2018 at 6:03 AM, Olivia Y said:

It was the hotel's uniform. (I probably missed this, but did they mention why she's not working at the spa anymore?)

Are they ever going to pick up the Dee/Andrea storyline?

Oh! Makes sense. I did think it didn't really look like her school uniform. Thanks. Was Xanthe leaving the spa related to bad publicity Terese got when she accused Courtney of sleeping with her clients?

Oh no, they broke Aaron and David, I loved those 2 together.  Hope they get them back together.

Glad Piper didn't end up pushing Ben to go through with changing his statement.

So I am assuming Eve Morey is pregnant which is why Sonya is being sent off and the blocked body shots.

Edited by Nozycat

Maybe they won't break up Aaron and David since they were saying they moved ahead too fast.  They can try again slower.  

Wow, I remember when Nell was born and they have kept the same child as her, so if she is old enough to be going to school, all that time really passed quickly!

Yes the older I get the quicker time goes.

Loved the kids finally getting their own back on Paul eventually.

Jack gives me the creeps, something about that 'drink the koolaid' smile.

What is going on with Mark?

Lol so Sheila, Shane, Xanthe and Yashvi are essentially in the same year at school? Those would be some interesting study groups!

Didn't they just do the 'dangerous person wants to know if his wife is cheating' plotline? With Ned - Piper's brother? How could she not remember that? 

So now they're doing the Paige/Jack thing again? Why do the whole Mark thing then? All these relationship merry-go-rounds are so tedious. 

The actor playing Rory is so bad it's painful to watch. Kirsha isn't great either but she's a kid so it's understandable.

Is Piper's actress leaving the show? (Usually that's when a character gets 'an amazing opportunity' in another state LOL)

Clive is tutoring year 12 classes? What the...? Is that something big-shot doctors do? How do they even get time?

Ugh Paul, double standards much? Xanthe suspected of taking alcohol - fire her! Turns out it was Jimmy - ah well he won't do it again.

Glad that Karl and Susan are back, they tend to be pretty reliable.

Agree with everything except I don't mind the actors playing Rory and Kirsha.  I like that Kirsha is more quiet to balance out the other stronger personalities amongst the younger women and I think she is sweet.

Yeah looking forward to seeing some school stuff with all of them.

I didn't see Izzy first time around, I assume she is trouble. 

There were some weird costumes at that party, and all the boobage on the women, good heavens.  Who was Amy supposed to be?

And lol @ the 'disguises' of Tyler and Piper - Tyler looked like Dicki Knee.  And his hair, good grief.  How stupid were they, now he just got a much longer sentence.  And Piper showed her family and friends that she would rather not see any of them ever again as opposed to being able to see Tyler in jail and still see all of them.

Loved the intro with Paul's voiceover (especially the bits about Toadie and Sonya being like Karl and Susan in many ways)

I used to think Piper was smart, but apparently she's just a moronic, selfish little brat. Never mind all the people who care about her and who she supposedly cares about. Also, how far was $10,000 going to last the two of them in MELBOURNE?

Wow that was the fastest murder trial in the history of trials.

LOL STU's speech. I don't know if it was intentionally but it was hilarious. 

I remember loving Paul and Izzy as a couple (yes I've been watching this show that long), such a pity they're not re-visiting that relationship, the two actors had fantastic chemistry.

Edited by Olivia Y
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2018 at 6:29 PM, Nozycat said:

Why can't I like posts any more, love both the above.  And agree with all of it.

It's the pink heart on the right hand side.

I have watched this show from 2001, taking breaks even now and then and then going back and binge watching except from 2015- 2017.  I will go back and watch them one day. I was so disappointed in the big 'movie' event. There just wasn't nothing special about it.  I wanted more old cast members. It would have been great if they had videos or messages for Toadie from people from the past. I wanted what they did with the 20th anniversary. Instead we got boring Jack and the stupid Tyler deciding to go on the run.

Edited by xfuse
Words are important because no one can read my mind
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, xfuse said:

It's the pink heart on the right hand side.

I have watched this show from 2001, taking breaks even now and then and then going back and binge watching except from 2015- 2017.  I will go back and watch them one day. I was so disappointed in the big 'movie' event. There just wasn't nothing special about it.  I wanted more old cast members. It would have been great if they had videos or messages for Toadie from people from the past. I wanted what they did with the 20th anniversary. Instead we got boring Jack and the stupid Tyler deciding to go on the run.

Oh thank you, totally did not see the heart.

Yeah I didn't think the movie event was anything special either except for the intro.

I wonder if it is the actor but I found the character whom the actor who plays Jack played in H&A very boring and I find Jack so boring albeit a bit creepy.  To me he has this serial killer smile, but still boring.

11 hours ago, Nozycat said:

To me he has this serial killer smile, but still boring.

I thought the same thing.

The story lines they picked sucked. They should have made the entire event about the party. I would have been ok with Stuart or Lance reading out messages from Connor, Matt, Joe, Libby or anyone else and saying a little about their lives now. Libby was like a sister to him for the longest time.  I would have been ok if they had Lance talking about his life now. Five minutes of Lance talking about his job, wife and kids would have been great. Stuart talking about what he was doing now, his divorce. Heck even bringing up Ned and what he was doing.  That certainly would have been better than the Jack or Tyler drama.

• Love 1

How stupid was Steph trashing Jack's room, not thinking about her children at all.

That new guy is behaving so weird and nobody is noticing.  And what is up with people pressuring David to connect with him and David going back after he was weird?

2 hours ago, Nozycat said:

That new guy is behaving so weird and nobody is noticing.  And what is up with people pressuring David to connect with him and David going back after he was weird?

I thought the reason the new guy (I think he told David his name was Rafael?) was watching Amy, Leo, and David was because he knew that they're Paul's kids, but then he acted all shocked when Sheila told him that David is Paul's son. I didn't really understand what that was about. Maybe he only knew about Amy being Paul's daughter and that's why he was watching the three of them? I guess that would make sense, since he was also spying on Amy and Paul at the worksite. It was all a bit confusing.

Edited by neutron
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, neutron said:

I thought the reason the new guy (I think he told David his name was Rafael?) was watching Amy, Leo, and David was because he knew that they're Paul's kids, but then he acted all shocked when Sheila told him that David is Paul's son. I didn't really understand what that was about. Maybe he only knew about Amy being Paul's daughter and that's why he was watching the three of them?

I hope it's not another kid for Paul. The way he jumped away from David was the first thing that went to my mind.

So the new guy wants Mishti to investigate something that happened overseas and doesn't get why she can't?  He seems so dumb.

Piper is being a right little .itch.  She was leaving her family and friends forever and she is angry with them?  They should be angry with her.  Glad Paige at least talked some sense.

Wow Izzy is awful.  And so is Karl.  I wish Karl had seen Susan sobbing so he really understood how he is hurting her.

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

Ugh she has turned into such a brat and has become very unlikable imo.

Ewww Mark, have some respect for yourself.

I know this is a soap but Izzy stealing Karl's sample is just too much, lol.

Edited by Nozycat

I'm extremely, extremely new to "Neighbours", but I'm enjoying Izzy because she's the type of character that's missing from US soaps these days.  She's a bad girl - she's selfish, scheming, manipulative, a gold digger, etc. - but she's not evil, you know, or legitimately crazy or a murderer or a rapist.

Meanwhile, the whole Rafael thing isn't working for me because a) it's clear to me that Paul is a central character and Rafael's not going to end up being in the right about his vendetta and b) Ryan Thomas is...not good, which I also thought when he was on "Coronation Street".  I guess I do like, though, that the angle of cozying up to one of Paul's kids is with David versus Amy because, again, don't see gay characters used in that type of soap plot much in the US.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Meanwhile, the whole Rafael thing isn't working for me because a) it's clear to me that Paul is a central character and Rafael's not going to end up being in the right about his vendetta

And that is the difference between Ausie and American soaps. Central characters can be in the wrong and can do bad things. They also gets caught and punished. It doesn't always happen but they are not automatically right or have no consequences.  It's also why I rather watch Neighbours.

Welcome to Neighbours TeeVee :-).  

Yeah Rafael is not doing it for me so far.

Go Holly, that was Izzy like manipulation of Izzy.  Pity she didn't tell Karl and Susan what Izzy did though imo.

Yeah Aussie soaps often have central characters go to prison.

6 hours ago, Nozycat said:

Welcome to Neighbours TeeVee :-).  

Thank you!  I'm really enjoying it, very refreshing compared to the US soaps.

Yeah Aussie soaps often have central characters go to prison.

Interesting.  But in this case, at least, it seems unlikely given Rafael is only a guest star and Paul, as far as I can tell, is a main character and the actor isn't leaving the show.

• Love 1