Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah Naomi got caught up in a moment and kissed Paul.  Now it looks like she may be falling in love with him and going off Mark.

I get why Georgia is doing what she is doing but she is really just lowering herself to Nick's level and making herself look worse.  I also hope he gets exposed soon. That will sure upset Terese's hero worship of him.

They have a bit overloaded on the drama and tragedy.  We have Paul - we know he is not really sick but others think he has and he is going through horrible times as a result of a criminal assault - Nick in this fraud is causing Paul physical consequences.  Can't wait of him to be caught.  And for Paul and others to know he isn't sick.  

Then we have Matt and not only is he tragically dead, this criminal investigation follows.  

Then there's Amber.  Of course this would happen to her.   

Funny thing is in real life, people  would still be floored over Kate being killed.  In soap-land, it's such ancient history they hardly remember.  

Yeah Neighbours has gone a bit dark hasn't it.  And you are so right about Kate, I had forgotten.

I am glad they do lighter stuff like the bike club to balance it out.

Will be interesting to see how Paul handles it when it all comes out as it surely must.

Bailey is really going off the rails.  Though he did just lose his father.  

Great scene between Lauren and Lou.  

Kind of out of character for Mark not to be able to take care of himself.  Or maybe he merely wants more of Naomi's attention than her employer gets.  But then wouldn't he know (think) Paul has cancer now, so his cold is not such a biggie?  They are sticking him with the stereotype of men being big babies when they get sick with a cold!  

LOL the chanters of Robinsons Mayor!  

Yes Bailey just did lose his father but to me it still doesn't give him license to behave like that - totally self-centred and he has had those tendencies before.

Yeah I thought it was out of character for Mark too, plot contrivance.

Hopefully now they will find out what Nick has been doing to Paul when he goes into hospital.  I am glad Karl didn't let himself get railroaded.

I think maybe the point was that Mark was jealous because Naomi is always looking after Paul and feels needed by him?

LOL at the bit when Sheila pretended she was with Mark in the Waterhole to make that other lady go away.

I am actually loving Nick. I know most people hate him, but the bad characters are so entertaining. I love how he just claimed that he miraculously cured Paul, and even Karl, an actual doctor, believed it. But it looks like Georgia will save the day and get her job back.

I really don't understand Danni. How on earth can you accidentally, without thinking, walk into Harold's and expect everything to be okay? Wouldn't you feel traumatised just at the sight of the place?

Yeah Sheila was so funny as were everyone's reactions.

I don't find bad characters entertaining at all, I just always want them to get caught and justice to be served, lol.

I think the point was that Danni was already feeling traumatised and not really aware of what she was doing.

I think the point was that Danni was already feeling traumatised and not really aware of what she was doing.

Oh okay, well I have never liked Danni, so maybe that's why I just automatically criticise everything she does. :P

I wasn't expecting Nick to get caught so soon after "curing" Paul! I thought they would run with that idea for a while, and was looking forward to watching Nick gloating around town. :P I think that actor (Damien Fotiou) is quite good, actually. I really felt bad for him when he was trying to justify his actions to Terese. Like, he just seemed so ashamed of himself, but at the same time, it seemed like he was trying to convince himself (as well as Terese) that the end justified the means, and yeah, I just think he played it well. And I love how proudly he declared that he had cured Paul. That scene was so good. I hope Nick doesn't leave the show now that his story is over, but I think he probably will, since he's only a recurring character. Although I'm wondering what the point of his scenes with Georgia's mum were. I guess there's probably more to come on that.

Speaking of Georgia's mum, where did they find that actress? She is so much like Georgia! And lol at them calling her Aunty Rockfish (or Rocky).

I'm also loving how Nell has actual lines now. So cute! :)

Edited by neutron

It amazes me they pick the child as a baby and then they can recite lines when they get to that age!  Being around the filming must be a learning experience.  

I thought the same about the casting of Georgia's mother.  I wondered if that actress' mother was an actress to and they picked her.  Very good job.  

Yeah, what is Nick going to do to her?  She does actually have cancer.  I wonder if he will cure her for real - obviously he really can do that - and it will be redemptive in some way - though what he did to Paul should result in cancellation of his license.  

Yeah I agree that the actor is playing Nick well and I almost had empathy for him when he started stuttering but what he did is just too awful for it to last for me and I was glad he finally got caught out.  I just hope he isn't endangering Georgia's mum out of revenge.

Nell is too cute.

I love the top Georgia has been wearing the last couple of episodes.

Edited by Nozycat

Man. I really hate on TV shows (and in real life too) when they have those silly lines where people promise not to die. Talking specifically about Brad's conversation with Terese on tonight's episode. T told B she doesn't know how she'd cope if/when he died. B told T that she shouldn't worry because "that will never happen". T correctly pointed out that of course it will eventually happen (okay, at least they got that part right). B then said that it wouldn't happen for a long time, and then T was apparently happy with that response? Like, come on! Brad JUST missed out on dying. Matt JUST died unexpectedly. People can clearly die out of the blue. I don't see why people on TV shows refuse to acknowledge that. I mean, I get that it's unpleasant to talk about, but there's no need to act like you're so in control of when your life will end, because it'll only make it harder for other people to deal with when it happens.

I loved all of Amber's raging at Josh and Danni tonight. Probably the first time I have ever loved Amber's scenes.

In what universe does it make any sense at all that Paige could possibly even consider stealing another car to somehow make up for Bailey stealing the first car? That really makes no sense at all. I mean, I get the whole wanting to protect Bailey thing, but it's going to be completely pointless if she gets caught, and someone is still going to have to take the blame for the first car being stolen (since it was already a "stolen car" before Bailey stole it), and it's not like Michelle is going to volunteer to be that person. So Michelle pretty much has nothing over Paige, and I also just find the idea of Paige agreeing to that and letting herself be bossed around by someone like Michelle to be completely out of character. I mean, I know that she hasn't actually stolen it yet, but the previews seemed to suggest that she would. Maybe she won't actually do it. I don't know.

I love the top Georgia has been wearing the last couple of episodes.

I thought that too!  

So glad they did not drag the Nick thing out longer.  And Georgia is back in her job - though the hospital should admit they were wrong publicly.  Paul did.  

Yeah stupid to promise that.  I also dislike it when people on tv promise that so and so will be found, will be ok etc especially when it's professionals who can promise no such thing and afaik are trained not to make such promises.

I can understand Josh reaching out to Danni but my first allegiance would lie with Amber and her family not Danni.  Will be interesting to see the fallout from who's the father now.

Paige is pretty smart, hopefully she will find a way out of it.

(edited)

Yeah stupid to promise that.  I also dislike it when people on tv promise that so and so will be found, will be ok etc especially when it's professionals who can promise no such thing and afaik are trained not to make such promises.

I can understand Josh reaching out to Danni but my first allegiance would lie with Amber and her family not Danni.  Will be interesting to see the fallout from who's the father now.

Paige is pretty smart, hopefully she will find a way out of it.

Yes! That too! I completely agree. And I don't understand how promises like that even reassure people, when they're clearly just empty promises.

Yeah, I can understand the Josh/Danni thing too. Would be kind of hypocritical if he went around acting like she was a terrible person in the same way Amber does, considering what he did to Chris. But kissing her and continuing to see her is a bit too much, IMO.

I was glad when Paige behaved the way I would expect her to behave, and didn't just immediately agree to steal the car. But looks like she is now seriously considering it? What happened to all her money? I would have expected her to have more than $8000 in her account, because before (and during) the whole Turner Family Trust storyline, they always made out like Paige was rich because her adoptive parents were. Seems like a convenient oversight. :P

LOL at Sheila and Lou giving each other those parting gifts.

Edited by neutron
(edited)

Yeah I don't know about Paige's current financial status.

Heh, Sheila kissing Lou was hilarious.

Lololol @ Nell's sounds effects and ewww @ Kyle's.  And what was Kyle doing out in public with his contagious self?

Please let the you have to pay off your debt storyline be over soon, and the whole Dimato thing, bores me to tears.

Edited by Nozycat

I agree about the Paige and Tyler storyline - that's the Dimato one right?  Just don't care and want it resolved. 

The new Imogene and Nate friendship is fun though.  

Now Paul does not own Lassiters, though he must have a lot of money from the sale.  Too bad he can't undo it.  The fraud that led to it wasn't by the buyer though.  Nice way to bring Ezra back in.  I guess he's going to be the new bad guy.  

Yeah Imogen and Nate could be good together.  Boy she can be shrill and self-righteous though.

Nice to have enough money to chuck in your job and go on an overseas trip.

Clem sure is a piece of work.  And Ezra for using his teen son to fight his battles.  Seriously bad.  

I like how they do humor, like Toadie and his mother's day presents.  

(edited)

Though I like her, Paige seems over involved here.  She's a sibling to all of them.  

Amber is so dumb.  She tells Imogene and that's how it got around.  I think it would have been best to wait for the DNA test and tell Josh only if he was indeed the father.  Like she said, now there are two potential fathers at every event.  

I did like Paige calling them out.  Saying I am not the one who - slept with their ex because the wedding didn't happen and not the one who ended up in a sewer or whatever Daniel did.  

Wow Ezra and his son are really bad.  Paul is looking angelic.  I guess that's why they brought in Ezra - a villain as they redeemed Paul at least a bit.  

Suddenly Sheila doesn't know how to handle that place.  I guess that's to drive some plot and for Ezra to be villainous.  

Edited by Kim0820

Loved Paige calling Daniel and Amber out.  Yes Amber is very dumb, always has been, what was with inviting Josh to all the baby things.  And Josh is being a real creep, can't stand him.

I don't understand why Sonia didn't just tell Toadie what the deal was, why the secrecy, and why didn't he ask her why she didn't tell him.

I don't like Ezra but didn't blame him for pulling Sheila up on loudly haranguing her staff in the bar and other stuff, she is so unprofessional.

Unfortunately this Michelle plot takes another turn.  I wish she would just end up in jail.  Glad that they moved on when it came to Ezra.  In fact it seems like maybe they decided that was not working and wrapped it up, since Ezra and Clem are both gone now.  Or maybe they were short term airing.  

Naomi belongs with Paul and Paige with Brennan is what I got out of the car repair class.  Sheila is way too much of a busybody, though that's usually so in soap land as somebody has to be saying something to somebody.  

(edited)

Wow, that's the pot calling the kettle black when Susan told Sheila off for interfering in other people's lives. Loved Sheila's big rant/rage in The Waterhole at that ridiculous guy.

Okay, that whole well thing was just SO STUPID. 1. Why would you drop $50,000 down a well?! 2. Why would you not take all of your belongings (i.e. Paige's keys, etc) out of the bag before throwing it down the well? 3. Why would they both go down the well to retrieve the bag rather than one of them staying at the top and keeping watch? 4. Why would you stay down the well and sleep together just because there are people having a picnic at the top of the well? 5. I like how when Daniel and Imogen went down the well, it was this big, crazy event, and now the bottom of the well has just become this regular normal hangout spot for Paige and Tyler. 6. How on EARTH could they possibly know that that tiny bit of that key ring that they found down the well was a "clue" that someone else had been down there recently, and not just a bit of rubbish that had been there all along? Ridiculous!

Nell is so cute! :)

Edited by neutron

Yes Susan's one to call other people on interfering, pot meet kettle indeed.

Also loved Sheila's rant.

I am so over the whole storyline with Paige and Tyler and Michelle, and that dumb well, it is so stupid and boring.  And they had sex at the bottom of that scuzzy well? Ewwww.

Why was Paul helping then sabotaging Mark with Naomi?

Nell is adorable and I love the way she is participating now.

So I guess Amy will be onscreen soon.

Lauren and Therese the grandmothers.  Amber is still such a drip.   

Daniel will end up with Imogen.  I predict that.  As Imogen said to Amber, this would not have happened to Daniel had he been with her.  

(edited)

Heh, yes Amber is indeed a drip and I don't get why she has 2 guys fighting over her.

Imogen at least has a personality even though she can be pretty shrill at times.

I don't understand why the person who found the money didn't take all of it.

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

I can understand Daniel wanting to be able to financially support his family, but yes Josh is responsible for his child.  I am finding Josh super creepy lately with that slimy, pretending to be so innocent smile and the way he keeps weaseling his way in.

I am loving the comic bits between Nate, Kyle and Toadie and Nate, Susan and Karl.  The guy who plays Nate does those very well, they all play well off each other.  Loving cranky granny too.

Edited by Nozycat

Did I miss something? How/when did Paul get Lassiter's back? That seemed to come out of nowhere. Were we just supposed to assume that after Ezra got fired, the people who bought the hotel just decided that they didn't want it anymore? That seems a little stupid...

(edited)

Paul and Naomi had a conversation with the guy in charge which I didn't pay that much attention too but I think they threatened him with bad press and he gave in and let Paul have Lassiter's back..

I like Amy and think she is a good new friend for Sonya.

Blech, I am so sick of the Tyler and Paige story line, I find it boring, idiotic and going on for way too long.

Lol @ Sheila not knowing when to shut up.  And why is she so jealous of Susan?

Edited by Nozycat

Sheila really did talk herself into a pickle she was out of, didn't she?  

Paige and Tyler and that money - so dull.  Great they had miraculous luck in finding the match to their piece - maybe that means it ends sooner.  

At least there is finally some movement with Paige and Tyler.  Tyler really is pretty dumb isn't he.

You could see Amy's son getting in the well from a mile away.  The writers sure have fallen in love with that well.

Tyler has rocks for brains.

Yeah that well.  How they use that set!!!!  

Paige trying to get her bio parents together.  Oh my.  Predictable.  

I do like that Paul cares about his grandson.  Maybe he can make amends with Amy.  

(edited)

So, I rewatched last Tuesday's episode and for some reason the whole episode was familiar to me apart from the bits with Paul and Naomi winning back Lassiter's. Not sure why I tuned out for those bits (especially since Naomi is my favourite character), but I now get what's going on. :P

I'm enjoying Jimmy's scenes. And most of Amy's. The Jimmy/Paul and Jimmy/Naomi relationships are funny to watch. :)

Yeah, not sure why they are suddenly so obsessed with the well! And they keep changing their minds about how dangerous and disgusting it is. I mean, first it was a place where Imogen and Daniel were possibly going to die (although it had a broken ladder then, so that made some sense) but it was clean enough for them to sleep there and drink water from there without dying. Next, it was basically just this normal hang-out place for Tyler and Paige and the other guy who casually went down there and stole their money, and it was apparently full of piles of rubbish (but still clean enough for Tyler and Paige to roll around down there). And now all of a sudden it's too dangerous for Amy to go down there and rescue her son (if he had been down there). Maybe that's just supposed to emphasise how hardcore Tyler and Paige are.

Edited by neutron

Why on earth couldn't Paige and Brad hang out at his place?  Ridiculous them going to Lauren's and him staying when she was there.  I hate it when they do such plot contrivances that don't make sense for the sake of drama.

I love how Nate and the others all play off each other, comedy gold.

Yeah I am liking the addition of Amy and Jimmy.

lol yeah Tyler and Paige are just bad-asses!  

Jimmy is cute.  A good find.  

It was a bit sad how Amy reacted that Paul was so upset at losing his niece.  It showed Paul was a lot closer to a niece than this daughter.  And nephew Daniel for that matter.  I think this is Paul's first actual child to show up?  No, there was Andrew - was that his son or his nephew?  

Andrew is Paul's son. Paul has a daughter, Elle, as well. She used to be on the show (2005–2009), and was a really cool character. Paul also has twin sons, Robert and Cameron, who were on the show in 2006 (played by the same actor). Robert was the "evil twin" and Cameron was the good one, and Robert pretended to be Cameron and secretly did bad stuff, then one day someone ran over Cameron (I think they thought he was Robert at the time), and then Cameron died. Robert eventually got caught and is now in prison.

Thanks neutron.  All of that sounds interesting.  

The Amy/Kyle story was good.  No daughter of Paul can be easy to supervise, lol.  

Good story about the closeted gay guy, who does not want to admit it to himself.  Good on the diggers for caring only about being a soldier and not caring if people were gay, if that's true in non-soap land.  

Paige sure is going to try to reunite her parents.  

Yeah not sure that being gay would always be a non-issue, but I sure hope so.

The way Brad keeps seeking out Lauren and having these d&m's with her I wouldn't be surprised if Paige was successful.  I think he's in denial about how much he cares for her and don't buy his assurances to Terese.

Amy was way out of line with Kyle I thought, good they sorted it out.

I thought Oz had a national health plan - so how come Amber and Co are going on about how expensive the specialists would be?  How would it be with a special needs child?  I feel bad for that child.  Not only its potential condition and loss of its chance to live, but who its parents are.  

(edited)

Yes we have a national health plan but there is much that it does not cover.  With doctors and specialists for instance they charge what they want, except for the few that bulk bill, but medicare only refunds a basic rate and the patient has to pay the gap which is usually very high. Dentistry and glasses are not covered at all although eye examinations are.  And yes sometimes people actually go broke with special needs children as so much is not covered.

Lol @ them producing another Brennan brother out of thin air.  At least we know now there are no more but a sister may still show up.

Edited by Nozycat

I was reminded tonight (in the Stefan Dennis interview on Couch Time) that Robert and Cameron Robinson weren't twins, they were actually triplets with Elle. And apparently their mum hid the fact that she was pregnant from Paul. Seems to happen a lot on this show!

Is there really a rule that Susan can't tell Coco about Alistair kissing Nate? That seems a little strange. Like, at weddings they often have that bit where they ask whether anyone in the audience knows of a reason why the two people shouldn't get married, before they proceed. So it seems strange that a celebrant would be banned from discussing something like that.

• Love 1

Thanks for the info nozycat.  

I wonder too, neutron, as the celebrant is performing a public act, it is not as if there is some type of confidentiality.  But then Nate told her anyway.  She definitely has the right to know.  Alistair is in denial.  

I was reminded tonight (in the Stefan Dennis interview on Couch Time) that Robert and Cameron Robinson weren't twins, they were actually triplets with Elle. And apparently their mum hid the fact that she was pregnant from Paul. Seems to happen a lot on this show!

That isn't true. Paul knew Gail was pregnant, it was a wanted and planned pregnancy - they were having fertility treatment, iirc. From memory, he was devastated when she left him, taking his unborn children with her. The triplets were then born off-screen - I remember the episode where Paul announced their birth and gave the names: Robert, Cameron and Lucinda. My family all looked at one another and said, "Robert Robinson? Really?"

My memory may be hazy - it was a long time ago! But I'm certain Paul knew about the pregnancy - Gail was already huge when she left, he couldn't not know!

That isn't true. Paul knew Gail was pregnant, it was a wanted and planned pregnancy - they were having fertility treatment, iirc. From memory, he was devastated when she left him, taking his unborn children with her. The triplets were then born off-screen - I remember the episode where Paul announced their birth and gave the names: Robert, Cameron and Lucinda. My family all looked at one another and said, "Robert Robinson? Really?"

My memory may be hazy - it was a long time ago! But I'm certain Paul knew about the pregnancy - Gail was already huge when she left, he couldn't not know!

Ah, ok. Thanks for the correction! :) It was before my time, so I was basing it on the interview. Although I wasn't fully concentrating, so I think that was probably my mistake, not Stefan's. He probably actually just said that Gail took the babies away from Paul, not that he didn't know about them. I do remember Elle arriving on the show, and Robert and Cameron later, and Paul knowing who they all were, so he obviously was aware of the existence of the triplets.

Re Why 'Robert Robinson'?: Gail was adopted & the father who raised her was named Rob Lewis. So as weird as it sounds to hear together, that was likely rationale behind the choice. 

Lucinda(Elle) was after Lucy, Paul's sister.

Cameron was the one I figured Gail probably just liked the name because there hadn't been a character with that name up to that point in the show(there would be later)

Paul should have said he'd stop by another time; he already had plans.  Naomi is going to see he puts her second to those two.  

I'll be glad to see that Tyler and Paige story done.  They are protecting Bailey who is not even around any more.  

That dress Naomi had on at first and Imogene's opinion were funny!

That was ridiculous imo with Susan claiming confidentiality.  What about a responsibility to her client to tell her the truth.

Oh so glad the truth about Tyler and Paige is starting to come out.  That storyline has dragged on way too long.

Lol @ Naomi's demure look.