Type keyword(s) to search

Neighbours (AU) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was actually amazed Kate said yes.  I expected her to think it was all ruined because Mark proposed.  I thought they would go out happily ever after.  But that Kate would at least refuse once, as she loves to be miserable.  

Sophie has grown up a little and she's cute.  Though if she hung around awhile, she might be able to annoy me again.  

Thanks for setting this up, Kim!

So sad about Kate. Although I guess it would've been worse if she'd died before Brennan got back together with her. At least he has happy memories of her.

Didn't Sophie tell Paul she was leaving to go stay with Harry? Are we just supposed to assume she has left already, or will she be on the show for a while before leaving, I wonder?

Any ideas what Zeke's "secret love interest" is all about? I'm thinking it might be a guy, but that seems a bit too obvious considering what's been said, and would they go there considering they've already got Chris on the show?

Paul is over the top self centered, so it's tough to sympathize.  

Carl singing Georgia's song suggest the Right Prescription may be together again as Georgia's big time possibilities seem to have gone.  

Kim, Harry is Sophie and Kate's brother and he did not come back for Kate's party, he stayed wherever he is (USA or Sydney, I forget).

The person who returned with Sophie was Zeke. His dad Alex was married to Susan for a while when she and Karl were separated, but Alex got sick and died not long after they got married, and Susan continued to look after Zeke and his sister Rachel for years, even once she and Karl got back together. Zeke was on the show from 2005 till 2011, and when he left, the storyline was something about him going on exchange for uni in London for six months, but obviously it's been much longer than that.

Brad's dad's name is Doug.

Thanks Neutron.  I was getting myself quite confused.  That must have been a good story with Zeke and Susan.  I once read a novel about a situation like that - can't remember the name.  Where a stepmother ended up taking care of her late husband's daughter and treating her like her own.

I was kind of amused when Sheila informed Naomi that the Amazon is in Brazil and not Chile.  I got Naomi's reference to South America generally so it was sort of funny Sheila jumped in to correct her.  I don't know if Naomi is really after Jared, it seems to me she really wants the business to go well.  Sheila I guess knows her past though.  

Poor Matt - getting to put up with the frustrations Paul and Mark.

I reckon! Especially that dress that she wore to the dinner with the Chileans. That was ridiculous. As if you'd even wear that anywhere, it was way too open at the top to be considered clothing, IMO. :P

I am one to be judgmental about clothes and think Naomi is way out of line with what she is wearing and I can't understand her not getting pulled up on it.  But then they have dressed several characters completely inappropriately for work imo.

I agree; it is odd Toadie says nothing.  Sheila told her she looked "dressed up" in that first outfit, and it's odd Sheila did not comment on its appropriateness for work.  Going out on the town sure, but business meetings?  Plus the mid-back tattoo!  Maybe Melbourne/Erinsborough is like really, really modern.  

They do have form in dressing inappropriately for work on this show and no one saying anything.  Terese with her boobs hanging out and Georgia's cousin ? with her lady bits all but hanging out as a teacher.

(edited)

I couldn't believe it the other day when Josh was complaining to Doug about Amber taking the job, and Doug asked whether Amber interfered with his choices when he was swimming (or something along those lines), and Josh was like, "That's different – I didn't make any stupid decisions when I was swimming," and Doug was just like, "Oh, okay then." Um, pretty sure EVERY decision Josh made while he was swimming was stupid. I wish he had said that to Amber instead so she could've reminded him of everything stupid he ever did. Josh is so annoying and full of himself. I don't know why Amber puts up with him. I love how Amber dropped everything to help Josh find Doug the other day and Josh seemed really surprised that she would put others first, as though the idea had never occurred to him before.

Edited by neutron

Were the actors playing Doug and his wife regulars in the past?  

Mark let Imogen take the files and now she's guilty too.  

Naomi and Sheila are entertaining.  I loved that Naomi wasn't guilty of the orange over-order.

I can't believe how willing they make people in Neighbours and H&A to break or help break the law.  Now they've involved Imogen as well and she's guilty too like you say.

Yes, Pam and Doug are both played by the original actors from the 1990s. Other fun facts: Doug is (and was) played by Terence Donovan, the father of Jason Donovan. Jason Donovan played Scott Robinson, who is Paul's brother and was married to Charlene (Kylie Minogue's character). Scott is also Daniel Robinson's dad (as in, Daniel who has just joined the show). And Darius Perkins, the actor who played Marty Kranic (as in, the guy Paul hired to sort out Robbo a few months ago) also played Scott Robinson for a short while. Also, Jason Donovan is the half-brother of Stephanie McIntosh, who played Harold's granddaughter Skye a few years ago. Everybody is related!

Thanks for that history.  I'm sorry they are leaving again!  I thought maybe they'd be fixtures by moving in with Brad.  

With Kate gone, Paul gets a new sidekick child of a sibling.  So far I like Daniel.  Imogen is funny going around town scolding him yet breaking the law for Mark.  

I think Siena is guilty.  Who else could it be?  It might be interesting to make it someone who tried to get at Paul, after all his harassment of the police and Mark.  

In fact, Paul being embarrassed at his fancy party over the painting was great fun.  Paul so deserves it, so when he gets it, it is fun.  Love the way it was staged, with Matt and the other officer there in the background for a little while before Paul realized it.  And then him telling them, there in uniform, that they weren't invited, as though they were simply trying to crash his party.

Where Is Kyle?  I have missed something there.

I couldn't believe Mark believing Sienna when she said, just friends now, when she had just been acting like a bunny boiler.

Loved Paul being embarrassed like that.

Brad should be honest and stand up for himself instead of doing things on the sly like that, imo.

Kyle and Georgia got back together not long after Kate died and then Kyle immediately had to leave for Thailand because his cousin Dane (who used to be on the show) got in some sort of trouble with the law and needed help from either Kyle or Sheila (but Sheila had to stay home and keep an eye on Naomi).

Seems pretty ridiculous that Brad would hire the same private investigator as Paul, especially because when Matt initially suggested to Lauren and Brad that they should hire a PI they all decided that it would make more sense to hire one in QLD because it would be cheaper, so I don't get why Brad wouldn't do that, especially since he seems to be struggling to pay the PI as it is. Also, why do all their meetings with the PI happen in person and out in the open where people can easily overhear them?

Don't private investigators regularly investigate people without them being aware of it though? For example, I doubt the PI paid Sienna a visit to question her on her whereabouts when Kate was shot. So surely it wouldn't be too much of a problem if the PI wasn't allowed to talk to Lauren? (She could just question Lauren's mum instead anyway, and convince her not to tell Lauren about it. Clearly she doesn't have a problem with keeping secrets from Lauren. :P)

Yes could be.  I was wondering just where this investigation could start.  If the PI checked the public records for the time period, maybe that could make a start at it.  Lauren's mum would be invested in getting Lauren to forgive her, so she has a reason to help the PI and reason to keep it a secret so as not to get Lauren's hopes up.  Though Lauren says she doesn't want to find the daughter, that's not going to last.  

Pretty sure if Brad found their daughter and they all got to meet her, they would all soon forget to be angry at Brad. Well, maybe Terese would take a little while to get over it, but Lauren would forget all about it as soon as she met her daughter, I think. (But who knows, people's reactions to things on this show regularly surprise me.)

Oh yeah I forgot about that, not cool at all to expect Imogen to keep it a secret, especially when she is so obviously so uncomfortable with it.

Wow Sonia never learns does she.  She has such a hero/rescuer complex, it always comes before her family.  Imo it's really selfish to make her feel good while she sees herself as helping.  Glad she and Toadie talked it out in the end.

I am getting sick and tired of Brennan taking things into his own hands.  I can understand his despair and obsession but he's his own worst enemy and I just wish they would solve who did it, am over it.

Lew and Sheila, lol.  The olds acting up.  Lew learns Khmer pretty fast if he can already talk about dancing.  

Good thinking of the Smith boy to say he's an only child.  Intriguing.  Why did they know the bio parents would come?  

Another dog may have been cast.  

I thought Sheila dancing was hilarious, I really like her now and think they have the right amount of her in the show.

Sonja does my head in.  She is doing everything she can to send Jarrod right into the arms of Naomi imo.  Not that I think that anything justifies an affair.

Maybe it was just assuming as so many people search for their bio children and parents these days.

As an American who wishes we could have Aussie type gun laws - someone shot Kate.  Is that all that likely, or just soap stuff?  

Naomi is quite clever.  She stirred up a lot of chemistry between Sonya and the animal killing dude.  

No one can trust Paul so far as they can throw him.  

Shootings here are much more between criminals/gangs than just a normal private citizen like Kate.  We just had a murder here a couple of days ago allegedly by 2 crooked ex police and related to drugs.  Idiots got themselves filmed on CCTV.  The story is still developing.

Yes and at the same time Naomi stirred up trouble between Sonya and Toadie, although Sonja sure did her bit.

(edited)

Sheila's dancing was really funny. And Sonya was hilarious during Naomi's date with that guy, haha.

Looks like they're getting rid of Callum by sending him to live with Jade. I wonder whether he will come back one day. I read that the actor just wants a break so he can concentrate on finishing school, so maybe he will return in a couple of years.

Edited by neutron

Sonya was getting on my nerves today.  Saying The Decision Has Been made while Jared and Callum are still not convinced.  Ranting onto Susan was a bit much too, though maybe teachers aren't allowed to just tell students they entered them in a contest without the knowing.  Tell the kid and have him enter the contest.  All a plot point anyway.  

Jade living the single life for quite a while will be so happy to have a 16 year old move in with her!  I'd almost pay to see that part of the story and all the problems he will give her off screen, lol.  

Wow at knowing that guy Neutron, I am sorry if it affects you personally.  Yeah and here certain guns are banned completely thankfully.

They didn't even seem to ask Jade if it would be oik for Callum to stay with her.

Sonja always gets on my nerves lately.  I used to like her a lot but they have ruined her for me.

I thought Susan was way off base entering Callum into a competition without his knowledge, but so was Sonja with the way she talked to her.

I like this with Page.  Can't tell whether she is up to no good or not.  I wonder if Ethan is her brother or her boyfriend.  I don't think she realizes Josh is her brother yet. 

I like it when the audience knows things the characters don't!  

The dog plot is rather absurd, lol.  Things like that can happen though, so it's realistic.  

(edited)

Surely Ethan is her brother, not her boyfriend? (Well, not her biological brother, obviously, but he did tell Brad that Mary Smith was his mum, and she was the one who adopted Paige, so that would make sense.)

It was pretty ridiculous how Lauren just offered Paige a job before she even knew her name. (Although admittedly, the speed at which Paige has made herself at home in Erinsborough has kept the storyline interesting – it would be pretty tedious if we had to wait ten episodes with her just wandering around Erinsborough until she finally happened to meet Lauren and Brad and everyone else.)

I found Will so annoying; I hope Chris doesn't get back together with him. I wonder how many takes they have to do to get the dogs doing what they want them to do. Bossy seems pretty well trained. On a kind-of-related note (not that Nell is a dog :P), I love how Nell often happens to be doing random funny things in the background of the Toadie/Sonya scenes. :D

Edited by neutron

Oh thanks, neutron, I forgot that.  It is good how she is going around finding things out.  I thought she was a little hurt Lauren said she had three children and named them all, even though it would not be the type of thing you'd tell some customer - that you had yet another child you put up for adoption - well even if it was your mother and not you, lol.

Then she thought Brad and Lauren were together and wondered to her brother why they had put her up for adoption but then saw both couples and realized they were not together.  That might have made her feel a little better.  

Her parents are out of the country.  Soap fashion, I'm expecting them to be bad parents because the soaps need to justify the new parent child relationship.  But from Neighbours it might be a bit better than it is in American soaps.  They end up calling them mom and dad and acting as if their newly discovered parents raised them.  

And then all in one episode she realized she had ben flirting with her half brother!  Though she might have thought of that!  She has six half siblings - funny she's Amber's half sister too.  

I wonder about the dogs too.   They must be specially trained.  The way Will's dog barked at people was funny.  I get people being attached to their dogs, though Chris made too much of it.  Just suggest getting the dog trained or put up with him.  Soap characters break up with their partners over dumb things I guess to move the plot along.  

Heh, well I would have dumped Will over that.  Not because his dog wasn't well-trained but because he was so rude and inconsiderate about it.

I wish they would wind up the storyline about Kate's shooting.  It's getting way lost for me in all the other stories.

Yeah, that was so not cool the way Will wouldn't take responsibility for what his dog did and didn't even offer to pay for the vet to treat Bossy. I can totally understand Chris dumping him over that.

I agree the who shot Kate story is lingering out there.  Brennan broke into the files and then didn't read them and that angered Paul, so what are they doing now?  I'm thinking it's Siena anyway - who else could it be?  

Bailey left so as not to be caught drinking but left the alcohol right there in a bag, lol.  If you're going to get caught anyway.  

(edited)

Wow, so it looks like Victor Cleary is now going to be the main suspect. That's going back ten years (and I don't even think he was on the show at all, only Gus Cleary was). Gus's sister kidnapped Rebecca's son in 2007 and those episodes were replayed on TV (in Australia) last year, so I guess some people will remember that Paul killed Gus. Maybe they will show some flashbacks.

I'm guessing Libby Kennedy will be the new deputy principal that Susan has hired.

I fount it kind of weird when Naomi came over and asked Toadie for a lift to work – before that I assumed they always went to work together. As if you wouldn't, when you live two houses away and you work in the same office.

Edited by neutron

I don't know anything about the Cleary's, before my time.  They do like to revive old characters don't they.

If an employee came to my house as much as Naomi does, no matter if they are in the same street, I would be having a stern word with them quick smart.  She is always there.  

(edited)

I just think it's silly the way Naomi always makes up some work-related reason for why she's at their house. Toadie is probably her best friend in the street, and I'm sure he's aware of that, so she may as well come over to just say hi or hang out. Nothing weird about that, it's what everyone else in the street does. Looks more suspicious if you keep thinking up silly reasons to drop in, IMO. Then again, lots of Toadie's previous workmates have always been in and out of his house in the past for work reasons, so that's probably "normal" too.

Edited by neutron