Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Gamble's Big Day

Lucky me gets to view and comment on this episode straight after it airs!

I can be a Housewife cynic with the best of us, but I think Gamble and her Wolf Pup are a long term match. Add in Luke and it's just sweeter all round. Best wishes to them all.

• Love 6

I'm loving how the group alliances are playing out this season. I hope the shift of Gamble growing wary of Gina continues to develop until the end of the season. I feel like Gamble came onto the show wanting to avenge Gina for Season 1 (the way any other viewer would have too) and has slowly adopted a more nuanced position on her over time.

That said, Gina has been acting a lot better this season and according to her and several other housewives' Twitters, the Celebrity Apprentice debacle comes mostly down to editing. So I guess the jury's still out on her this season.

It does say a lot about Luke that he was still willing to help Pettifleur get to her seat despite the way he felt about her. He's definitely his father's son. I also lol'd at the producers pairing Lydia and Susie to walk the aisle together. That was a nice touch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

First of all, i'm still mad in love with Wolfie and Luke + Gamble. They exudes love and... It's good ! It's a very good feeling. I love them. Unconditionally.

Gina.... Please ! Be honest, because if you're not, be careful of the boomerang which will, sooner or later, be back into your face.

The dress was absolutely gorgeous ! Simple, but so delicate. I loved it.

Looking forward to the next episode ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Gina leaving (with wedding guests!) to watch Celebrity Apprentice was gross. At least have a drink with the bride first or excuse yourself without creating a whole other party in your room.

Pettifleur, STFU. Jackie was absolutely right to tell you to.kind your business because that was nunya.

I'm glad Gamble's big day turned out so well, she's grown on me more than others.

Lydia, stay dumb…it seems to be the one thing you can do successfully.

• Love 6

Oh Lydia....no words. Every episode she says something more inane than the last episode.

Re the comment upthread about Ginas celebrity apprentice viewing party - that is of course in very bad taste, but agreed 0 the editing was SO obvious when she was reading her tweets in front of wolfie, gamble and the celebrant. The producers should not be allowed to do it, its so obvious and not in any way honest or representative of the way he conversation transpired. Yes, its all for drama and ratings, but i'd rather see real conversations.

also - why has this STILL not aired in the US? seems weird, as its a US franchise / network!!! bizarre.

The seasons don't air in Australia and the US concurrently. Bravo didn't start airing Season 1 until Season 2 was airing or had aired in Australia. Same goes for RHoCheshire. It aired in the U.K. first and Season 2 was airing there when Bravo began showing Season 1 in the US.

• Love 1

So Gina is unhappy with the editing regarding her reading out the tweets, and also the editing of her assistant. The editors are using the oldest tricks in the book here (especially when editing Josh's responses to make it look very delayed after the question has been asked).

I love Gamble - although I wish she'd followed Lydia's advice on getting rid of the dated hair - just go fully blonde!!

Also, what is the issue with not wanting to walk on the beach barefoot? It'd look a lot better than waddling down in heels. I understand wearing them to sit down, but walking looks silly. Do they think they are The Empress of Lucite/Shauna Sand?

Edited by platelets
  • Love 1

Didn't Chyka help plan a party for Gamble last year? Why on earth wouldn't she enlist her at least for advice? I imagine one of Chyka's interns, hell even Chyka's idiot daughter, could have done a better job than that dude with minimal effort.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Something was off about the ceremony. Gamble joked that Rick was complaining about the money spent on the wedding, yet we saw nothing to justify the supposed costs. There were chairs and a modest canopy on the beach - that was it. No shots of an expensive reception, although perhaps we'll see that next week.

And Rick and Gamble had the long talk about a prenup, yet actually didn't sign one, which Gina tartly pointed out. Were they just signing the officiant's documentation when she made that comment? Gamble tried to pretend she didn't understand all the prenup business, and didn't care, but somehow I doubt that.

Editing tried to make Gina's behavior with the viewing party look bad -- Jackie and Janet are the worst script-delivery gals ever -- but I wonder if Gina behaved that way because the entire wedding thing was purely for production. In other words, her role in it was just a part of her RHoM job, and she felt it was OK to tend to other business as well.

I wonder if there was trouble about the prenup at the last minute and the production company staged a kind of just-for-the-show ceremony.

On 3/23/2016 at 8:04 AM, Diane Mars said:

The dress was absolutely gorgeous ! Simple, but so delicate. I loved it.

Agree, her dress was stunning!  It's what I would wear if I was getting married and skinny! Her other dress, however, the one she wore at the outdoor cocktail party that she had to keep pulling up for fear of having a nip slip, is another story. What is it with these women and their strapless dresses?  It was hilarious when Gina was trying to show Gamble how to stuff her boobies in that dress so they wouldn't fall out!  Another funny moment, the camera panning to the feet of Gamble and Gina at the rehearsal on the beach with their 6 inch designer heels digging in the sand. I love the way this show is edited!! 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Didn't Chyka help plan a party for Gamble last year? Why on earth wouldn't she enlist her at least for advice? I imagine one of Chyka's interns, hell even Chyka's idiot daughter, could have done a better job than that dude with minimal effort.

I would have loved to have seen Chyka step in and make things go a little smoother for poor Gamble who just seemed like she was in way over her head.  In my head, Chyka is a little like Mary Poppins but with the addition of a champagne glass in hand.  Loved Gamble's dress.

Gina appears to have out and out lied to Gamble saying that she was going to spend some time with her son on his birthday.  The lying seems unnecessary as who wouldn't forgive Gina for wanting to take one hour and see how her edit came out on the show.  Gina is why I watch the show but she does get away with lying to people's faces.

On 8/18/2016 at 7:00 AM, pasdetrois said:

Something was off about the ceremony. Gamble joked that Rick was complaining about the money spent on the wedding, yet we saw nothing to justify the supposed costs. There were chairs and a modest canopy on the beach - that was it. No shots of an expensive reception, although perhaps we'll see that next week.

And Rick and Gamble had the long talk about a prenup, yet actually didn't sign one, which Gina tartly pointed out. Were they just signing the officiant's documentation when she made that comment? Gamble tried to pretend she didn't understand all the prenup business, and didn't care, but somehow I doubt that.

Editing tried to make Gina's behavior with the viewing party look bad -- Jackie and Janet are the worst script-delivery gals ever -- but I wonder if Gina behaved that way because the entire wedding thing was purely for production. In other words, her role in it was just a part of her RHoM job, and she felt it was OK to tend to other business as well.

I wonder if there was trouble about the prenup at the last minute and the production company staged a kind of just-for-the-show ceremony.

I'm almost certain that the entire wedding was for production. There were all of these details that seemed to be missing and Gamble was more stressed when her Sydney trip started to fall apart last season. Gamble has also demonstrated that she's willing to play the clown to make the show funnier and a little more interesting. Plus there were a big old thanks and credit to the resort where they were staying in the end credits of the episode. I don't think this is as fake as Adriana's fake ass wedding on RHoM (3 fucking years!!!!), but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Gamble and Rick had a small family wedding in their backyard before the wedding on the show.

Get it Susie. Marcelo was good looking.

Pettifleur is still awful. She dresses like a Disney princess and is mad that Gamble's wedding does not meet her standards. Plus she magically manages to get into a fight with Jackie, while Jackie is fighting with Lydia. Pettifleur is a panacea for everything. Want to patch up the friendship between Jackie and Lydia? Just add some Pettifleur. The Watch What Crappens podcast has this running joke about Tamra Judge being the unlikely voice of reason this season. Pettifleur is the opposite. She unites people in their common hatred of her. 

• Love 1

Gina reading the tweets about her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice was rude. This was Rick & Gamble's moment not hers.  

I thought Luke was cute when he said he was going to be splitting his inheritance, but he didn't mind.

Jackie hasn't been spouting off about her psychic abilities this season which is nice. Although she could've given Gamble a freebie and said something nice. 

Chyka was another one who wasn't going to help if she wasn't being paid. 

If Janet's ex-husband could attend the wedding, why couldn't Lydia's current husband be there for her? 

I'm not surprised that Pettifleur's dress was over the top because everything she wears is a costume. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/19/2016 at 9:32 AM, HunterHunted said:

I'm almost certain that the entire wedding was for production. There were all of these details that seemed to be missing and Gamble was more stressed when her Sydney trip started to fall apart last season. Gamble has also demonstrated that she's willing to play the clown to make the show funnier and a little more interesting. Plus there were a big old thanks and credit to the resort where they were staying in the end credits of the episode. I don't think this is as fake as Adriana's fake ass wedding on RHoM (3 fucking years!!!!), but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Gamble and Rick had a small family wedding in their backyard before the wedding on the show.

Get it Susie. Marcelo was good looking.

Pettifleur is still awful. She dresses like a Disney princess and is mad that Gamble's wedding does not meet her standards. Plus she magically manages to get into a fight with Jackie, while Jackie is fighting with Lydia. Pettifleur is a panacea for everything. Want to patch up the friendship between Jackie and Lydia? Just add some Pettifleur. The Watch What Crappens podcast has this running joke about Tamra Judge being the unlikely voice of reason this season. Pettifleur is the opposite. She unites people in their common hatred of her. 

He was good looking until he started eating.  Pretty only goes so far.  

I think Gina might have been a bit annoyed and so the whole Celebrity Apprentice bit.  I get that this wedding was Gamble's "story". but I found her annoying at best.  It was played as wacky and slapstick almost and I don't for a minute think she is anywhere as stupid as the whole inept planning or even just thinking it out stage let alone the execution itself.  And then I felt they tried too hard after all the ridiculous lengths Gamble went to show how she was completely detached from even common sense thinking about the actual event itself, to feel the heavy handed heart string tugging at all the joy of Gamble and Rick actually getting married.  And his whole overly determined bemused detachment I found stupid as well even if it was some kind of homage to old time chauvinism.  His son came off as the only one in that group able to think critically and I sometimes think she got married to have a built in son and friend more than any love for Rick.

But I think Gina knew how much was "play" for the cameras and was willing to play the voice of reason to a point.  But also was just a bit tired of the whole thing.  It was funny how they tried to stir up her viewing as a scandal instead of the fact that Gamble burbled about her special day all over the place and had the rest tag along and yet when it came to actually stopping for a single second and thinking about the matters as they needed to be done, she just let her jaw sag and stood there like she had just been run over by the one way express to Idiocy.  And the only seat on that bus is reserved for the Lydiot!

I think I also was a bit irritated by the fact the wedding pushed aside yet another cauterwauling group melee and so I didn't get to see my favorite part -- Chyka and/or Gina trying to act shocked and horrified at the others screeching in another room while the smiles and looks of satisfaction struggle and usually fail to hide themselves.  Neither should even play poker.