Type keyword(s) to search

Family Therapy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wasn't Michael Lohan on "Celebrity Rehab"? I can't for the life of me figure out how I know that, and I'm ashamed of myself for remembering that but not how to divide fractions.

• Love 2

Omg Sister Patterson, he was sitting right next to her. Quit being a drama queen and can't say a damned thing without her jumping down all their throats and no wonder Tiffany can't get along with her. And then her to go out and talk to the other people when she made the big scene. No they didn't leave them, you were being obnoxious and loud and no one could even talk because you were being so loud. My gosh what a piece of work.

• Love 1

Lord, have mercy! Sister Patterson needs to leave. I know this "therapy" is bull, but she is being disruptive to the others. I'm just here for Bam and April and S.P. is ruining my vibe. Also, I consider Bam to be a celebrity, even a bigger celebrity than Dame Dash.

Anyway, as I said, I'm here for Bam because I love the Jackass movies and I was a fan of Viva La Bam. I can't believe how far down he's gone. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, but seeing him was really jarring for me. What was wrong with his mouth that was making him talk funny? I know he used to talk a little funny before, but it was so much more pronounced here. Was it because he's doubled in size? Anyway, I have a soft spot for him and the sight of him nearly made me cry. I don't know if this show is going to help him, but I really hope that he gets SOME help before it is too late.

• Love 4

What was wrong with his mouth that was making him talk funny? I know he used to talk a little funny before, but it was so much more pronounced here. 

My guess would be "a shitload of alcohol". He sounded wasted in a lot of his talking heads. 

I would never make it in one of those houses, because I would have told "Sister" to STFU from the start. "Your therapists ABANDONED YOU!" Yes, to deal with your disruption, bitch. S. T. F. U. I don't know if I can survive this season with her screaming the entire time and being insane.

• Love 5

I guess I'll start it off. Bam Margera looked like absolute shit, he really needs help. I remember during the jackass heyday, he was actually one of the better looking ones, those pretty blue eyes. I barely recognized him. April seems like such a sweet woman.

Michelle, I mean sister Patterson is an absolute nutjob, she'll make for great tv. Not so sure about the other ones yet, we'll see how it goes.

• Love 7

Sister Patterson was aweful. I'm sorry but she knows she is going to be on t.v and she freaking out like that. Pahlease.

The Logans were calm compared to patterson. How sad is that.

I felt bad for Bams mom. She looked at the end of her rope

Should be interesting

• Love 5

I've seen all the Dr.Jenn "shows" and while it somewhat pains me to say it, "Sister" Patterson may be the worst person on any of Dr.Jenn shows.  That woman is taking nuts to a whole new level.  While she was going on and on about the male dr entering her room and saying they were leaving, etc I was begging Dr.Jenn to look at her and say "fine, you can leave but you won't be getting paid". Woman needed to be knocked down and reminded why she was there in the first place.  Interesting dynamic between Sister and her daughter as all her outbursts happened after someone pissed Tiffany off.  Very weird dynamic between those two.

I feel really bad for Bam's mom.  Bam, on the other hand, needs detox (or maybe they were doing it at the house and won't show it) but going off all he's on cold turkey could literally kill him.

• Love 5

Tiffany and her mother are something else. They definitely are a distraction if people are there for real therapy. But doing the most will always get you more screen time so there will be more of that.

Bam needs to go to rehab it looks like. His mom was always so nice on his shows.

Oh Lohans. I can't imagine going on a reality show is any "healthier" for your children than arguing in front of them without cameras around. Or selling your story about your famous child to tabloids.

Edited by Bwill3133
  • Love 2

New York´s mother is a mentally ill psychopath who should be locked up in an asylum. She´s too horrible for me to watch, I have incredible tolerance for disgusting reality tv people but she´s too much. It´s obvious that she´s abused New York (Tiffany) her whole life and that´s why NY is damaged in some ways and doesn´t really have a chance of a real life. When she whispered that she´d take her baby, that was just pure demonic evil.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 7

What the heck was that? Who is Sister Patterson? I truly don't understand.

The neverending Lohan saga/drama. They are simply  both horrible people.

And some rough looking tatted up guy with a massive substance abuse probelm?

Dr Jenn certainly has her hands full. 

• Love 2

Satan´s sister Patterson makes Dina Lohan look positively angelic :)

Now there's something you never thought could happen. Someone be worse then Dina/Michael Logan lol

• Love 2

"Sister Patterson" isn't mentally ill at all, unless her mental illness is "I want my own reality show-itus." She's playing the "Loud, Angry Black Woman" part.   She's an even bigger famewhore than her daughter.

A few years ago, I saw a picture of Tiffany without that ridiculous weave.  She said she was going to study to be a real actress.  I guess that didn't work, she's back with the weave and the attitude.

• Love 3

If you want to know what the worst sort of narcissism looks like, that's "Sister Patterson." She is hideously abusive to everyone and what she does to her daughter is criminal. If Dr. Jenn doesn't call her out on it and label her behaviour as the narcissism that it is, so that there's at least some educational value to this, then this show's credibility will go even lower (into the deep, deep negatives.)

Now, I love good trashy relationship shows as much as anyone, but that Patterson woman is so vile that this show has become all but unwatchable. If all I wanted was to watch a monster scream, I'd watch the original Godzilla. And that's all that woman is. A monster. Screaming.

• Love 6

Nah, I don´t agree neurochick, I think she´s on a whole other level and not comparable to the other loud, angry, crazy (black) women who regularly grace us with their presence on reality tv. I don´t know if she´s in need of a doctor or a priest though. If I had to bet I´d say the latter, or both.

Dina Lohan should have been warned to bring a bible and keep it on her person at all times ;)

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1

This show should be called a Bunch of Grown Folks Who Don't Need To Be Around Each Other.

Michael's and Dina's kids are all adults now, there's no real reason they have to ever speak to each other ever again.  I get why New York and Sister Patterson are together, they, or their characters, are so co-dependent and enmeshed, but why Michael and Dina.  I don't think even the prospect of a nice chunk of change and an extension of my few minutes of fame would be enough to make me spend time with someone I clearly loathe.  Whatever.

I don't really know what to think of Dame Dash and his brothers yet. They all seem very sad, but they don't have to be sad and angry together.

Speaking of sad, Bam has to be one of the saddest people I've ever seen on one of these shows.  I feel bad for April, not just for having to fear her son might die all the time but being put in the middle of the Lohan's and Sister Patterson's bullshit.  She seems too normal for this crap.

• Love 5

Speaking of sad, Bam has to be one of the saddest people I've ever seen on one of these shows.  I feel bad for April, not just for having to fear her son might die all the time but being put in the middle of the Lohan's and Sister Patterson's bullshit.  She seems too normal for this crap.

Agree - Bam is breaking my heart. He needs real help, not this circus freak show. I used to watch his TV show back in college and always thought April seemed like a pretty decent person. See, Dina? You can have a famous kid and still be down to earth and normal.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with the Lohans. Their poor kids. 

• Love 4

Nah, I don´t agree neurochick, I think she´s on a whole other level and not comparable to the other loud, angry, crazy (black) women who regularly grace us with their presence on reality tv. I don´t know if she´s in need of a doctor or a priest though. If I had to bet I´d say the latter, or both.

Dina Lohan should have been warned to bring a bible and keep it on her person at all times ;)

She is on another level because that is what a person has to bring now.  Everything is crazier, the crazier you are the more camera time you get and the more camera time you get, the more likely it is that you get your own show. 

I say this because I remember a few years ago when Tiffany took her weave out and said she was going to start going on auditions, she looked very pretty without the weave.  Now here she is again, back on VH1, with her mother and both of them have crazy looking weaves.  The only cure for her mother is a new reality show on VH1.

Those two sisters from the pregnancy show haven't even gotten any screen time or been mentioned in these threads. If I were them I'd duck and cover under the bed while Sister Patterson and the Lohanns were around.

Bam needs rehab, serious anti-depressants and real therapy off-camera. His mom needs alanon. They shouldn't be here.

• Love 2

I don't believe "Sister Patterson" or Tiffany.  A few years ago Tiffany took out her weave and said that she was going to go on auditions and become a serious actress.  Well, I guess that didn't work out, she's back with the weave and this time with her mother (who also has a ridiculous weave).  I think the only disease "Sister Patterson" and her daughter suffer from is, "I want a reality show-itus."

Holy crapballs Batman! Are those two black women for real?

Why is it necessary to bring up their race?  They are the only mother/daughter team there.

eta: the fact that i forgot to mention the Lohans...that says it all about this black mother daughter duo, whatever their names are.

I guess it's important for all of us to know that they are black, yes they are, so are Damon Dash and his brothers.

Bam needs a REAL rehab and the Lohans shouldn't be there but probably need the VH1 paycheck.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I think it could just as easily be possible that Tiffany/New York could just have decided she prefers her beweaved and eyelashed self than without. And perhaps that it's a lot easier to get a reality show gig than a legit acting one.

I think Michelle (she's no sister of mine) is just as nutty as I always thought she was if not more so, and that she truly buys into those visions or whatever she calls that abhorrent personality of hers.

I hate to say that I almost kinda sorta believe Michael Lohan just a teensy bit in regard to Dina. She does seem mighty adept at steering any conversation she is a part of towards her being abused. That said, I don't know that I can buy his claim that he's only done it once. I can't really believe either one of them much further than I could throw them together with my pinky. They seem cut from the same cloth. For all that Dina is quick to paint herself with the victim brush, Michael seems just as swift to go but-what-about-her?!? and make her out to be as bad as possible.

I never really got into Teen Mom so there's only a select few of the cast members that I recognize. These sisters would not make that list. That said, the one that had the abortion seems soooo mean. She just talks to her sister so nasty, and i don't follow her logic about what leads her to coming at her sister even harder.

Bam. WTF. Damn, dude....

Damon certainly comes across as quite the diva. Is he the only one who got his own room?

Michelle, I see, is going to be an insufferable mess every damn episode she's in, isnt she? I really didn't like the way she became dismissive and assuming the Dash brothers were rappers, bailing out before getting to meet them. I felt myself frowning the same way I did when she pulled her hand back from Dina's before shaking it. So rude. Though I did giggle when she went complaining to New York and her gold digger senses started tingling.

Edited by Amberosia
  • Love 2

I tried to watch this twice, and had to turn it off because of Sister Whatsherface. That woman is ridiculous. I don't care if she is acting for screentime or is really seriously disturbed, but her presence guarantees that I won't be watching this show. 

I don't even like Dr. Jenn or her shows, but have insomnia and this comes on late at night. By reading here, no one really cares for Sister Whackadoodle, so I wonder why casting didn't think twice; did they not realize she was so irritating and grating? 

• Love 1

I can only assume Michelle (refuse to call her sister, plus clearly it irks her if you don't) was hired to be easily reviled. Because really, she's just so easy to dislike. For me, her very presence makes her daughter oddly much more tolerable. Obviously that girl never really had a chance, what with that mother of hers. I find it rather telling that in all the years I've been shamefully aware of these two women, and that as devoutly religious as Michelle tries to make herself out to be, that there is never ever any mention of husband/father. Not even in a passing bashing kinda way. My guess is that Michelle devoured him in his sleep once she conceived then told everyone he ran off.

• Love 3

I am personally mortified to be watching this show, but,
like MitaJo, I'm in it only for Bam & Ape, who I really
miss. These other people are loathesome (sp). Except for
those 2, this is torturous to sit through.

I don't even know who Sister Patterson and her daughter
are or those 2 young sisters. I had to laugh though at
Sister P's reaction to Mrs. Lohan. Evil, bad vibes. (And
I'm loving Bam's reaction to some of these people. Very
understated for him. I'm liking his quiet reactions.)

Yeah, Bam looks terrible & I am heartbroken for him. He
looks like he's in so much pain. I have a huge soft spot
for him, too, MitaJo, and seeing him does make me cry. I
cried with April when she described her lowest point as
I could imagine how awful that Christmas was. We've already
seen him do some pretty awful things. But out of fun as
oppposed to crying out for help.

I did read something about him being sober for 3 months
now (at the time of the article) and seeing this show I'm
surprised that it was any help to him at all. (And if he is

sober I'm wondering how he plans to maintain that

considering his lifestyle/friends.)

I think they're screened for drugs/alcohol so Bam's slurring
could just be his PA accent which he kind of overdoes anyway.
He also could be on anti-depressant/zanax type meds.

I can't see how this situation is very therapeutic at all.
Too many people, most of them deranged and playing for the
camera. And that anger counselor kind of scares me. He's
got very pissed off eyes.

I'm glad that Bam's getting some help & April's a trooper
for going along with this, but I really wished they could
have gone a saner, more private route. I'm embarrassed for
them both to be in the company of these tragic raging assholes.

I sort of tend to believe Michael Lohan's take on the ex too, but

he overdoes it and I think he's just in it for the publicity. I can

actually see the 2 of them after this is over laughing their

asses off in their limo and counting their money. I'm not

buying their act.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 2

Sister Patterson's partner/Tiffany Pollard's dad, Alex Pollard, was on season 1 and 2 off Flavor of Love. By the time I Love New York came around, he was in out of the picture.

Alex seemed very polite and soft-spoken. I have no idea how he got mixed up with SP.

• Love 3

"Sister" Patterson fancies Michael Lohan, I think he was a little scared when she was trying to smile at him and buttering him up in the kitchen, and throwing those scary daggers (fingernails) around. But I think they could really hit it off, I don´t know which one looks more evil and/or insane. SP is more "on" with the crazy, but ML in a rage with the black eyes is totally scary too.

that as devoutly religious as Michelle tries to make herself out to be

It says in the Bible that demons know who Jesus is and can talk about him. It´s a very good mask, but if someone made SP hold a bible or a cross, I think she´d run away screaming. The rest of the group should be equipped with holy water at least.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4

Holy shit show, Dr. Jenn really has her job cut out for her.  I can't see her getting anywhere with any of these folks.  Sr. Patterson definitely is in it for the attention/paycheck.  I actually feel sorry for Tiffany, she really seems afraid of her own mother.  I would, too.

This is going to be a crazy season.  I can already imagine the producers taking SP aside and telling her to tone it down for a while because the Lohans want some air time, too, LOL.

I remember the sisters from Teen Mom.  The one that had an abortion ended up providing just as much care as her sister for her sister's baby.  They really didn't do much of anything but sit around.  They were pretty boring.

I didn't watch Bam and I have no idea who the three brothers are/were.  Everyone but SP and the Lohans will probably fade into the background anyway. 

So glad that this show has a thread, because I don't know anyone IRL who is watching!

I am a counselor working on the very long road toward licensure (3,000 hours!!) so naturally I'm curious anytime the therapy process is shown on TV. All taken with a grain of salt of course because its a reality TV show...on VH1.

I hate saying this but Sister Patterson kind of had a point when she brought up to Dr. Jenn and Dr. Conte that they could have introduced themselves and explained the process and group therapy before launching into "So tell us why you are here?" in front of everyone. I'm not sure how authentic that remark was but she had a point. 

Her approach however...totally off base. Sister Patterson was practically eating the scenery she was so over the top! How old is this woman? Mid 50's? 60s? And here she is shrieking and carrying on. Kudos to Tiffany and everyone else who all kept their cool which she was acting an ass during that first session. 

I had to giggle when the male counselor said he was just following Sister Patterson and Tiffany into their bedroom---along with 2 male cameramen! All while Sister Patterson is making it seem like he snuck into their room Peeping Tom style!

Also, I remember Tiffany from her Flavor of Love days and seeing her so calm (for her at least) I hope they explain what happened to her dad. 

Seeing Bam shocked me, he looks awful. I hope there is actual therapy happening in this house away from the cameras because its apparent he has some serious substance abuse issues and his mom is clearly desperately worried for his life. Isn't Bam married? I wonder if his wife will make an appearance.

Can't say much for the 16 and Pregnant girls since they are the exact season I stopped watching that show so I have no clue who they are.They seem super out of place in this cast.

Dina and Michael make no sense. I can't figure out why exactly they are in therapy (fake or otherwise). All of their children are adults now, so its not like they have some co-parenting situation to work through. They don't seem to like each other at all both are so self involved that it makes it impossible to even care about who is right or wrong in this story. Michael by the way has children with his second wife and he doesn't even have custody of them so that speaks volumes about him and where he is in life.

Also, it seems really important to Michael that Dina admit to using cocaine with him. He's probably right! It's like the one shred of truth he has to cling to in the whole mess of their relationship!

• Love 3

I don't buy that Michael or Dina are on this show for legitimate reasons. I think they both have issues and neither are worth rooting for.  They're both in it for money and full of shit.

I really like April! She's always seemed like a sweetheart. I hope that Bam gets real help after this show is done. He needs to be in an intensive inpatient rehab facility that is not filmed for a network.

• Love 3

Bam's PA accent wasn't exaggerated before--I'm from the same town and it's just how a lot of people talk there. I had the accent when I was really little but my non-PA native parents would point it out and make me speak with a standard accent. Anyway, you can barely hear his accent now for all the slurring. :( I think he really only went downhill like that after Ryan Dunn's death, though.

Edited by deltaburkefan
  • Love 1
Also, I remember Tiffany from her Flavor of Love days and seeing her so calm (for her at least) I hope they explain what happened to her dad.

If they have a freezer in the basement, I'd look there first.  Just sayin', he probably looked at SP the wrong way one time. . . .

• Love 5

Neurochick, Bam is a skateboarder (although I don't know how much of he's capable of

doing now) who had a reality show on MTV in the mid's 2000's. He's also been part of

the Jackass crew (Johnny Knoxville, Steve O, those guys). His own show included his

his family and friends. He started drinking heavily and really going downhill when his best

friend Ryan Dunn was killed in a car crash a few yrs ago.

I grew to really love Bam's family and some/most of his friends. It was a great show

although the last season or two was way too obviously scripted and not as enjoyable.

IDK who to believe in regards to Michael and Dina. He said he only hit her once which I don't believe since he was on coke and if you hit your wife once, you're going to do it again. I can understand why Michael is upset with Dina because it does look like she exaggerates her stories in regards to Michael because she said that Michael threw the t-shirt at her when he simply showed it to her and laid it down on the table. He didn't throw it at her. 

She's going to keep bringing up the abuse as that is what she's scared of the most and being an abuse victim you can be traumatized and it also makes Michael look guilty of repeated abuse because he doesn't want to hear it. That's what guilty people do, they walk out of the room because they don't want to hear the truth and lay it back on the victim, it's like that "you made me do it" argument that abusers like to throw out. Part of therapy is hearing things that you don't want to hear.

Sister Patterson I think is severly acting for the cameras. It's just too much but I do try to remind myself that there are crazy people out there in the world. She never feels like she's ever in the wrong and she can basically suck the energy out of everyone within her vicinity because her personality is so draining. It's very sad that Tiffany is coming off sane.

The Damon brothers Damon just thinks that because he buys and pays for things that his word is law or he can have power over the other two. The way he talks to them is so below the belt. On the other hand the other one (Forgot his name, the actor), jusst because Damon makes movies doesn't mean that Damon is obligated to hire him to star in any of them. They're not the Wayans family.

Out of everyone I'm really hoping that Bam gets help the most. Poor man having lost friends and grieved by drinking alcohol and letting it consume his life. He's going to be going through the most because he's also detoxing while there.

• Love 2

Why are the Lohans even there? They are divorced. Their children are adults. There is no need for them to have any contact, much less work on a re!ationship.

Oh yeah I forgot, they are famewhores who live off the celebrity of their child(ren)

Never mind.

• Love 6

I really hope Sister Pattetson and Michael Lohann are at least partly acting for the camera. If they're really like this in real life it's no wonder their kids got so screwed up.

I feel particularly sorry for Tiffany having to always manage her volatile mom and the situation around her, while hoping to get some help.

Bam's uncle ("Don Vito" from his show) died last year in November. I wonder when this was filmed - before or after and if after how soon after? He died in November. I wonder if it'll even be mentioned since he pretty much had to stay out of the public eye, after the molestation charges he was ordered to not portray his "Don Vito" character for his 10 year probation that wasn't to end until 2017.

Edited by Rebecca

If they have a freezer in the basement, I'd look there first.  Just sayin', he probably looked at SP the wrong way one time. . . .

My first thought was, "Sister P probably ate him!!"

Love love love April.

Dina exaggerates things. She kept saying Michael threw the shirt at her face. I understand her being scared of his crazy ass but her saying he threw the shirt at her face is a lie. I think both live in their own world. Dina plays nice even though she stated something about getting in a fight with Sister Shut The Hell Up. She plays nice to get people on her side because she is soooooo nice. Michael is a lunatic and I think they drive each other crazy and shouldn't be around each other. They both push each others buttons. I believe he hit her more than once. There is so much to say about them. I think the truth is in the middle somewhere.

Sister Shut The Hell Up, does this often. This is why Tiffany can't talk to her because if she doesn't like what Tiffany is saying she shuts down and gets even. She didn't like it when everyone raised their hands that she intimidated them and ran and hid and wussied out like a chump. Because that is how she is. She is right and no one else has an opinion. If she doesn't like it she sulks.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 4

So glad that this show has a thread, because I don't know anyone IRL who is watching!

I am a counselor working on the very long road toward licensure (3,000 hours!!) so naturally I'm curious anytime the therapy process is shown on TV. All taken with a grain of salt of course because its a reality TV show...on VH1.

I hate saying this but Sister Patterson kind of had a point when she brought up to Dr. Jenn and Dr. Conte that they could have introduced themselves and explained the process and group therapy before launching into "So tell us why you are here?" in front of everyone. I'm not sure how authentic that remark was but she had a point. !

Hang in there, my 3,000 hours is almost 20 years ago, and it is so worth it. Good luck!

I think Dr. Jenn still has a private non-tv practice, so I can't imagine that she and Dr. Conte wouldn't have some sort of individual pre-show prep for the participants as to what to expect. Also, I hope Bam would have to have been medically cleared to be there.

I would sage the shit out of my office if Sister Patterson ever rolled through there for sure. Cuddly, my ass. Like a cobra with a tarantula on its head as a poisonous weave.

• Love 2