Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: D-Day

After Cece receives an exciting new job offer, Jess agrees to help Schmidt with the wedding preparations, but things don't go as planned when Schmidt's dad, Gavin, appears. Meanwhile, Winston and Nick get into a competition over whose job is harder.

I've loved Peter Gallagher since being introduced to him on The OC, and I still want Sandy Cohen to be my father. And Max Greenfield a.k.a. Schmidt played a young Sandy Cohen in a flashback...synergy! It was wonderful to see Mr. Gallagher again, he really could be the same person/related to Max based on this old picture of him.

Also, of course Jess would make out with him, and of course Winston can't keep a straight face at his partner's helping him realize why Nick was acting that way. Not unpredictable, but still sweet :)

• Love 4

I've loved Peter Gallagher since being introduced to him on The OC, and I still want Sandy Cohen to be my father. And Max Greenfield a.k.a. Schmidt played a young Sandy Cohen in a flashback...synergy! It was wonderful to see Mr. Gallagher again, he really could be the same person/related to Max based on this old picture of him.

Also, of course Jess would make out with him, and of course Winston can't keep a straight face at his partner's helping him realize why Nick was acting that way. Not unpredictable, but still sweet :)

I was just coming to post about how it's funny that Max played a young Peter/Sandy in The OC! Sandy Cohen has been on the HBO Togetherness for 2 seasons, although  I think we saw the last of him on that show this last episode. The first time I was introduced to PG was in Center Stage when played the mean ballet director Jonathan. 

• Love 1
(edited)

While I love that Schmidt was totally supportive and told Cece to go to her gas station job, it seemed ridiculous that all of these decisions couldn't be postponed for one whole day. Unless your deposits are due (which would indicate that you had already done the legwork), it can wait a day. And some of that stuff (like choosing chairs) doesn't need to be done in person. All that stuff is online. All you have to do is pick one and then sign the contract and give them a deposit. Sorry, I know I'm not supposed to treat a sitcom like it's the real world, but it's silly to have Schmidt so stressed out over stuff like that.

I loved that when we saw the invitations, Schmidt had his thumb covering his first name on the Bone Thugz one and the other invitation just said "Schmidt and Cece." Hee!

So cute that Max played young Sandy on The O.C. and now Peter Gallagher is playing Schmidt's father. He will always be Jonathan from Center Stage to me, but I think the first thing I saw him in was While You Were Sleeping.

Related note: I always thought that Jonathan Bennett should play Peter Gallagher's son in something, so it would be awesome if he turned up as Schmidt's long lost brother.

One thing I love about the roommates is that they know each other so well. I loved that Jess knew that Schmidt needed to take a nap so she lulled him to sleep with the fountain and "Genie in a Bottle."

I wish we could have seen the napkin ring genius.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Someone needs to put Schmidt's reaction to finding out Jess made out with his dad on a loop. Or a GIF. Can a GIF have sound? Anyway, MG was hysterical in that scene.

I think it's hysterical that Cece has a job on "the gas station network." There are so many little odd, overly specific cable channels these days I could actually see there being a gas station channel. Imagine the kind of programming they must have.

First time post in this thread, I think, but I had to pop in and add that I'm so glad that Jess is back.  I absolutely hated the episodes with Megan Fox.  Not only do I dislike her in anything, but I hated how they had Nick drooling over her and acting like a fool while Fox played the same old character she always plays.  I also appreciate that TPTB have recognized that this show has evolved into a true ensemble cast despite of its original focus being on the Jess character.  Without Zooey Deschanel the cast chemistry was just "off"! Winston and his partner, Aly, are so great together. I would watch a spin off show of them and their "cop" adventures.  Also, showing that Nick actually is good at his job was a plus in this episode as well.  And finally, Peter Gallagher is always welcome on my screen!

• Love 4

When Winston said, "Oh, I'll prove it," all I could think of was this:

I find just about everything can be related to a Friends episode.

While moving our couch the other day I kept yelling out, "Pivot!!"...... Although, my husband didn't seem to find it as funny as I did, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha, I yelled, "PIVOT!" last week. I don't even remember why. Tonight I went to an event with costumes and I was thinking, "Ross is doody." Between Friends and Seinfeld, there is a quote for every occasion.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1