Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Hush... Hush, Sweet Liars

I got really hopeful for a minute when the old lady called Toby pretty eyes. Such a letdown...and another painful reminder of missed opportunities.

Ah, yes. I remember when this show was awesome with it's creepy as hell A tags and random moments like Ian creepily drinking milk and staring down at Spencer and Emily or Jenna giving Emily a goodbye tune on her flute. Like, those were god damn moments. I miss that show. Where did that go? Now all of the liars are apparently 22 year olds who are so boring. Seriously, feel like none of them have any life in them anyway. It could be maybe the actors are kind of over it? I've just realized this season, none of the characters/actors seem to be  into it. Maybe thats just my perception. It has been six years and I can understand if they are over it. This season was boring though. Both  6A and 6B. 

• Love 9

It's been a while since I said "fuck you" to the TV so much in one hour.  Ezra and Aria banging, Hanna and Caleb kissing, fuck that.  And the reveal at the end was stupid.

I thought it was only me! I'm not usually squicked out by the word but when Spencer said panties I knew I was going to hate this episode. When Caleb said it I practically puked in my mouth. I literally crawled under the sheets with secondhand embarrassment for Ezria. Then the good doctor took off his Wilden mask and I swear I lost my shit! I think I broke my personal "fuck you! fuck off! fuck this!" record.

Edited by rho
  • Love 5

It's also driving me crazy how they keep having Mona appear for absolutely no reason, they apparently have no idea what to do with her character, but don't want to get rid of her.

That's something i'm not gonna complain about.  That's probably the only thing that would make season 7 worth watching - just have Mona keep popping up everywhere to try to inject some life into the show.

Boring Ezzzria scene?  POP!  Mona suddenly appears from out of nowhere in the room.

Two new uninteresting characters like Sara (also required to say:) Harvey and Brew owner?  Mona is all of a sudden behind the counter making herself a grande latte as if she works there!

Liam and Jordan commiserating over how they've lost their loves to their high school sweethearts?  Mona comes floating down from the ceiling with an umbrella Mary Poppins style and offers them a shoulder to cry on.

Hector Lime feeling blue that his hard ceramic Ali masks are no longer the rage for Rosewood Villains?  Mona waltzes (literally - to French music that appears out of nowhere) and offers him a Scooby Snack and assures him she'll influence Hanna's boss to make his masks a Retro Fashion Item so he'll still have business.

Flashback scene from the Time-Jumped Years of Emily having a shippy moment with Paige?  A dresser drawer suddenly turns into Mona since she's not limited by time because - She's Mona!

EmojiA sends someone a lame text?  Little Mona heads start popping up on the screen and starts eating the other graphics Ms. Pac Man style!

Annoying Progressive ad during the commercial break?  Mona lets Flo know she's switched to Geico ... then switches INTO a geico.

Then in all the post series interviews where Marlene answers all the remaining never-answered-in-the-entire-show questions, she can say "When the Moms were trapped in the basement, they opened a wine bottle and Mona came out of it like 'I Dream of Jeanie' and huffed and puffed and blew the cellar door open for them"  "Who were all those A decoys in New York in 5A premiere?  They were all Mona."  "Who was the blonde girl talking with Mona outside of the beauty salon when Hanna was changing her look?  Mona was talking to Mona in a blonde wig."

• Love 11

THE ANSWER WAS JENNIKA ROLLINS?! (note: I know she's not his mother, but she might as well have been and holy mackerel this show sucks)

Mary Drake is the biggest middle finger this show can give without actually being 42 minutes of the cast flipping the bird. How is it possible that I could be enraged over an episode featuring Troian's butt in a starring role? Everything was bad. The whole thing was bad from start to finish. If something occurred in this episode, the writers should apologize for it happening. I felt like I was just waiting for it to be over. This episode was outright criminal. It actually went back and made the 6A finale worse in retrospect! How do you do that?

6B is really somehow the worst this show has been. Like, maybe that's an achievement? Can we give them a prize for that? A crap sandwich with extra kick-in-the-teeth, perhaps? As someone mentioned upthread, look at these characters. I will be generous and say that Mary was in Spencer's room that one time when the light panned over and we thought we saw Jessica. That means that, of the villains that have been featured this season, 0 of them were characters from the beginning of the series, and 0 of them have appeared in a full season. Mary has 2 episodes, Elliot has 10, Sara has 15, and Charlotte had 14. I don't know why I thought it would be anything better than this though; they already showed us what they were capable of in 6A. What a freaking waste.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sorry, Caleb. We already settled on EmojA, not Amoji.

I started suspecting that Toby was up to no good when he told Spencer that lame story about accidentally ordering escargots instead of eclairs in Paris. I mean, seriously. Especially since he knows French! Wouldn't he have verbally ordered an eclair instead of just pointing at a fuzzy menu?

Normally I would feel for someone whose girlfriend disappeared, but I still don't like Ezra and I still don't trust Ezra. My exact reaction to Ezra and Aria kissing (even before they had sex): EW. I said it loud enough that Mr. EB asked me (from the other room) what was wrong. Nothing says season finale like having two former couples reunite! At least Caleb and Hanna only kissed, unlike Ezra and Aria (blech!).

Ali should have been suspicious about that creepy phone call because who the hell uses a land line anymore? The call is coming from inside the house!

Similarly, Spencer was smart to be suspicious of Mona when she happened to show up on election day. I was surprised that Spencer let her stay. I would have kicked her ass out. And then she just happened to show up in the Radley dungeon while Spencer and Toby were down there? COME ON, SPENCER.

Ugh, I see that PLL is now following in TVD's footsteps where they turn the volume on the music up way louder than the volume on the actors' dialogue.

I don't understand why Ali was so eager to check herself into an institution. That's not the kind of thing that you should do on a whim while you're freaked out (and there's probably still some medication in your system).

I'm kind of disappointed that they followed the storyline from Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte so closely for this episode/plot.

So was Mary Drake already pregnant when she was admitted to Radley? Or did she get pregnant while she was a patient there? The bottom of the birth certificate was conveniently ripped so that there was no visible information about the father. When was Mary released? Did Elliot arrange for that? Was she released after Jessica was killed? Or was Mary the one who killed Jessica? Did Mary ever get to see Charlotte in person? Charlotte must have known something about her birth mother because it's way too much of a coincidence that she chose the last name Drake when she was Cece.

Elliott having a British accent pretty much confirms for me that Charles was originally supposed to be Wren. Then Elliott would have been a long-lost brother or something like that. Never giving up on my hope that Wren is behind everything.

Next up: Elliot and Wren are fraternal twins! MK can't pass up the opportunity to make two British doctors related to each other!

By the way, I really need the phone number for Elliot's mask maker. That is some A+ work.

This is why you don't marry people you hardly know...you never can tell if they're just some secretly British doctor, who was in love with your mentally insane sister, and is conspiring with your dead mother's long lost crazy identical twin to convince you you're crazy by wearing masks of the dead cop's face your sister/cousin killed that time and sliding into bed beside you when they're supposed to be out of town because they want your dead sister's money.

I KNOW, right? Sheesh, that's just common sense! One of the PLLs should embroider that on a pillow for Ali's next birthday.

I'm not usually squicked out by the word but when Spencer said panties I knew I was going to hate this episode. When Caleb said it I practically puked in my mouth. I literally crawled under the sheets with secondhand embarrassment with Ezria.

Ha, right there with you. I loathe the word "panties," so having to hear it twice in one scene (especially with Spencer and Caleb) made me cringe. Can't you just let them be half naked without ruining it, show? And don't get me started on the Aria/Ezra scene. UGH.

I got really hopeful for a minute when the old lady called Toby pretty eyes.

Me too, me too! I thought we were going to get an epic connection to a previous season back when we had things like TobAy and Do Rag Toby, but no. That came to nothing. Huge disappointment.

Is there any show that allows people to move on from their high school sweetheart?!
Buffy.

Well, yes and no. She was mostly allowed to move on from Angel (in the sense that she dated other people after he left the show) but she still leaned on him when her mom died and then we had to endure her cookie speech with Angel in the series finale.

My theory is that Charlotte was definitely in on the deception initially, as this was meant to be a long con, and that Mary Drake was always a part of it. Charlotte did use Drake as her last name when she was going by Cece, after all. (Come to think of it, that really should have raised more red flags for Mrs. D.)  I think Elliot only became part of this once Charlotte was institutionalized, like a contingency plan, but Charlotte eventually wanted to back out. Either she hated seeing him pretend to love Ali or she'd bonded with Ali and wanted to stop with the games, but I do think she was killed because she wanted to stop and her mom wanted to keep going.

But to what end? What would the original long con have been? Elliot and Mary's current plan was for him to marry Alison and then have her committed so that he would control 51% of the Carissimi Group. If Charlotte were still alive or had been part of the plan from the beginning, why would she need to go through all this trouble since it was already her company? Alison doesn't have any other assets. My guess is that the family home is still in her father's name (even if only for tax purposes). Charlotte would have resumed control of her company once she was released. The only reason Alison has 51% is because Charlotte died and left that to her in her will (or did she relinquish control when she was committed?). I'm assuming that Mary and Elliot didn't kill Charlotte in order to get control of her company, so that's still a separate mystery.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

In the words of Heidi Klum on Project Runway: I don't like this. Explain.

No, seriously, can someone explain? Because I'm not sure I understand anything. Suddenly Mrs. D has a crazy twin who's behind all this? And Ali's doctor husband is her child who is also British? And Charlotte CeCe Charles' brother? Is she also British? Amoji is someone who loved Charlotte but isn't any of these people? Possible Sara Harvey but it won't actually be her because that is too obvious? WHY ARE THE LIARS EVEN INVOLVED IN THIS I CAN'T ANYMOGUjftiolcsm

• Love 3
This episode was outright criminal. It actually went back and made the 6A finale worse in retrospect! How do you do that?

It makes me wonder about when this episode was written and produced.  We know that the first few episodes of 6B were finished before the 6A finale aired.  You can tell that the show runners did not completely anticipate the backlash the finale would cause, because they had to ADR one of Ashley Marin's lines in the 6B premiere (she said "what that person did to you" but you can lip read that she actually said "what that monster did to you.")  I wonder if some of these ludicrous retcons were written in to try to paste over that.  "No, Charlotte wasn't older than Jason, that's how she could get in his highschool yearbook.  And they weren't siblings, they were kissing cousins that dated for 3 years but never had sex." 

So was Mary Drake already pregnant when she was admitted to Radley? Or did she get pregnant while she was a patient there? The bottom of the birth certificate was conveniently ripped so that there was no visible information about the father. When was Mary released? Did Elliot arrange for that? Was she released after Jessica was killed? Or was Mary the one who killed Jessica? Did Mary ever get to see Charlotte in person? Charlotte must have known something about her birth mother because it's way too much of a coincidence that she chose the last name Drake when she was Cece.

I'm guessing that Mary was released (or more likely faked her death)  sometime before Charles was committed to Radley. Charles (then Charlotte) was in that joint for nearly two decades; at some point they would have run into each other, or a third party would have said something about how "there's a lady who looks just like your mother in a room in the west wing" or something. 

Normally I would feel for someone whose girlfriend disappeared, but I still don't like Ezra and I still don't trust Ezra

That scene where he admitted that he'd never see Nicolle again was the only Ezria scene this season that I liked.  It felt like a genuine emotion from Ezra rather than his usual display-of-emotion-to-manipulate-Aria move.

Similarly, Spencer was smart to be suspicious of Mona when she happened to show up on election day. I was surprised that Spencer let her stay. I would have kicked her ass out. And then she just happened to show up in the Radley dungeon while Spencer and Toby were down there? COME ON, SPENCER.

One of Toby's tasks when breaking in to the secret room was to seal the side entrance so Shower Harvey couldn't get in that way.  Apparently he failed at that since Mona came in that way.  You had one job! 

Actually, that whole plot didn't make sense.  Toby broke into Sara's room, cut through the wall, lowered a rope ladder and he and Spencer climbed down... why didn't they just go through the side door?

• Love 1

I mean there's so much wrong with this season but I still stand by my opinion on that it seems like everyone involved is out of gas and over this show. The actors just all felt off their game this season. Is the next season the final season for sure? And will it be divided in two parts as well? I'm curious to see how they attempt to drag this out for another season.

• Love 5
And Ali's doctor husband is her child who is also British? And Charlotte CeCe Charles' brother? Is she also British?

As far as we know, yes, Elliot is British but he is not Charlotte's brother.

I'm guessing that Mary was released (or more likely faked her death)  sometime before Charles was committed to Radley. Charles (then Charlotte) was in that joint for nearly two decades; at some point they would have run into each other, or a third party would have said something about how "there's a lady who looks just like your mother in a room in the west wing" or something.

If Mary was released, then I can't wait to hear her explanation as to why she never contacted Charlotte or went to see Jessica. Oh, wait, there will be flashbacks showing Jessica and Mary fighting about how Mary can't show her face in Rosewood and threaten the DiLaurentis family's reputation. I'm guessing Jessica told Mary that Charles died. I'm also going to guess that Mary being in Radley is why Ali's dad quickly jumped to the conclusion that Charles was evil/crazy/needed to be put away.

I have no sympathy for Spencer. She should have never gotten with her best friend's ex, and now she loves Caleb? Please. That relationship is based on nothing but sex. 

• Love 6
I have no sympathy for Spencer. She should have never gotten with her best friend's ex, and now she loves Caleb? Please. That relationship is based on nothing but sex.

100% agree with you.

Plus, if she loves Caleb so much (she doesn't) she might want to stop getting so sad every time Toby mentions Yvonne or maybe stop acting like she's all hot and bothered when her hand happens to brush up against Toby's. Or how about the flirting with Toby over the French? Come on now.

Spencer had zero business being Caleb's rebound because that's basically what she was. He was probably a rebound for her too. They started the emotional connection in Europe not long after Caleb and Hanna broke up. Unacceptable. Even more unacceptable that they started dating..

Spencer and Caleb look at each other like they are pieces of meat. There is no true love between them. There is true love between Hanna/Caleb and Spencer/Toby. Spencer will be fine once she realizes she had zero business going near Caleb, and should have dealt with her past, present and future with Toby, the only guy she truly loves.

• Love 5

100% agree with you.

Plus, if she loves Caleb so much (she doesn't) she might want to stop getting so sad every time Toby mentions Yvonne or maybe stop acting like she's all hot and bothered when her hand happens to brush up against Toby's. Or how about the flirting with Toby over the French? Come on now.

Spencer had zero business being Caleb's rebound because that's basically what she was. He was probably a rebound for her too. They started the emotional connection in Europe not long after Caleb and Hanna broke up. Unacceptable. Even more unacceptable that they started dating..

Spencer and Caleb look at each other like they are pieces of meat. There is no true love between them. There is true love between Hanna/Caleb and Spencer/Toby. Spencer will be fine once she realizes she had zero business going near Caleb, and should have dealt with her past, present and future with Toby, the only guy she truly loves.

THIS!!  Spencer's flirting with Toby was just like her flirting with Jonny and Colin in season five--she is allegedly in a relationship but still wants other mens attention.  And no I don't think she's a shameless whore--just extremely needy when it comes to men.  I also don't think Caleb and Spencer are in love--I think they like and care for each other, but that's about it.

Caleb and Hanna however still have very deep feelings for each other and while my romantic heart squees, I also think they need to break up with their current partners before trying to rebuild their relationship.  They also need to talk about Caleb's giving her an ultimatum about her career which he has zero respect for--that's actually pretty gross behavior.

I have no idea what to think about suddenly British Elliot in his rubber mask being always and forever devoted to Charlotte and deciding to marry Ali so he can bilk her out of her money.  It is kind of a delicious irony to watch a girl who routinely manipulated people and especially her friends get out-conned so masterfully.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

If that relationship is based on sex alone then it's all on Caleb's horny end. In last week's flashback it was clearly Spencer that held back when Caleb was ready to take things further in Madrid, and at the beginning of the season he was also ready to move things further with Spencer in the present, while Spencer sought out Hannah's acceptance. And if it's based on nothing but sex then Caleb better stop going all possessive on Spencer, worrying if Toby is going to see her panties. What a double standard. She can't dress nice around Toby but he can sex her up one minute and kiss his ex the next. 

There is no true love on this show; there is just a bunch of immature young adults who can't effectively convey to the authorities when they are in danger or being harassed, yet alone effectively convey their feelings to one another.  Every one of the so called couples is a hot mess, deluded over some kind of first love. If you are going to buy that H/C and S/T are true loves than you have to disregard the fact that both couples couldn't make it the first time around because they wanted different things in life/their personalities too different.  Their inexperience with love and life rang out strong last night when Hannah waited till now to tell Caleb she came back that night and Caleb fell for it.  If Hannah loved him so much back then, why did she move on with what's his nuts (her fiance)?  Why didn't she wait till Caleb returned from Europe to plead with him to give things a second chance?  And it's a little hard to take Caleb seriously when he's rolling out of one bed, throws on clothes without a shower with one girl and then a few scenes later he's sitting on another bed kissing another. Caleb's no more ready for commitment than Hannah.  

But more importantly, MK lives for attention and an explosion of tweets on social media. She's turned this promising quirky mystery show into a soap opera meets Scooby Doo. She lives for her reveals (that are becoming more transparent) so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Caleb rescues Hannah next season for them to reunite only for Spencer to turn up pregnant with his baby.  At this rate, she'd (MK) totally go there if it meant that #SpencerPregnantWithCalebsBaby became the hottest hashtag of the week.  Just like you can almost bet that once Aria and Ezra make it official again that a not so dead Nicole will show up at his doorstep. #NicoleIsAlive

Bottom line, "true love" on this show is nothing more than the next plot twist that MK lives for to milk to its fullest. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 9

There is true love between Hanna/Caleb and Spencer/Toby.

Which is why Hanna's engaged to another man and Toby's about to be engaged to another woman. True love. So Hanna never stopped loving Caleb, yet she presumably dated Jordan and accepted his proposal all while still loving Caleb and lied to everyone regarding it?

I mean, I get that Jordan's a placeholder for everyone. But it's simply ridiculous that Hanna and Aria can just run back to their high school boyfriends while in committed relationships and it's just, "oh, well they never should have broken up to begin with." We have seen the reasons why Hanna and Caleb do not work--they are different people than they were in high school, and those people are incompatible. Why have those reasons simply evaporated? Did the writers never want us to take these paper-thin SOs seriously? Because sure, they're paper-thin...just like everyone else on this show. I don't know why I'd expect that aspect to be written better than the rest, but it's just as bad as the mystery. I guess I think of this as a romance show first and a mystery second, but they've really fouled up all fronts of this. If one kiss breaks up Spencer and Caleb, why hasn't all the sex, the long-term relationship and the proposal/acceptance between Jordan and Hanna done the same to Hanna and Caleb?

This season the Liars were supposed to grow, but they haven't. Hanna is as morally bankrupt as she was in the pilot. Aria and Caleb are right there with her, meaning Caleb's actually gone backward. And it baffles me that "getting into a relationship with a friend's high-school boyfriend from years ago" is being considered worse than "cheating on your fiance."

Holy mackerel, I haven't even mentioned the idiocy of everything Ezria in this episode. It was overshadowed by my #Hannahate. Just seriously, what a horrible person.

Edited by DigitalCount
  • Love 11

Without a doubt Hanna and Caleb behaved horribly and I agree that Hanna had no business accepting a marriage proposal from another man, but I get the sense that Hanna was trying to convince herself that she and Caleb were in the past and that she had to move on with her future but now unexpectedly she has an opportunity to admit the truth--that she still loves Caleb. Was it the right thing to do?  Probably not but it was very human.

Sort of like Spencer and Caleb rebounding into each other's arms probably seemed like a good idea--two lonely people who were always friends decide to give into their attraction--but it is not emotionally healthy in the least.

• Love 1

Well, we got a nice shot of Spencer's butt, that's something this episode did well. And lots of unintentional comedy, too.

As for the rest, I kind of hope they are trolling on purpose because how can so many writers be all quite that inept? The Di Laurentis family tree was already way too soap operish, now is just grotesquely stupid even by soap opera standards. If Elliot needs Ali's money so much, he should just murder her, it's Rosewood, they would never catch him, so why the byzantine plan of making her think she was crazy? And what kind of a mental institution commits people without even having them examined by a specialist? Freaking Radley had higher standards. And once again, this all has absolutely nothing to do with the Liars. Lastly, just how convenient is that they put Rollins in charge of Charlotte's mental health. Did he kill her previous doctor or he was that lucky?

Who else laughed out loud when Caleb conveniently forgot his phone in thew flashback? And what, Hanna couldn't send him a Website page or some other message over the internet? Are we to believe he spent months in Europe without access to the internet?

Did the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe design the Radley? Talk about wasted space with all the hidden creepy rooms, Ashley needs to stop drinking and hire a contractor to clean this shit.

I'm confused about the timeline of Ali's relationship with Rollins. Charlotte was upset when she found out about Ali and Elliott that night because she was in love with him or whatever, but why would Rollins start dating Ali while Charlotte was still alive if he loves her like he said he did?

Now, now, don't try to apply logic and reason to this show. That way lies badness. Seriously, this indeed makes no sense whatsoever. If he were after Ali's money - she inherited it only after Charlotte's death, right?

I just can't with Spencer, Hanna, Caleb, Tony and their love quadrangle shenanigans. Grown up, my ass.

Come to think of it, if Charlotte were adopted and her mother was mentally disturbed, this puts Kenneth's action in a different light. It's not that uncommon for mental illnesses to be inheritable, so maybe he wasn't being so much transphobic as he was genuinely afraid Charlie would hurt Alison. That is unless Mary Drake was committed to Radley only so Jessica could steal her money which is entirely possible on this trainwreck of absurdity.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4

Last night's episode sealed the deal with me about this show. I'm out. From the way they wrote the reveal of who A was and then killed her off which is one of the tropes on TV that happens to LGBT characters, neutering Emily's love life and having her story be all about tragedy these past ten episodes and now with this ridiculous story turn I took the show off my season pass list.

I'm also irritated that they upped Andrea Parker to series regular and not Nia Peeples, Lesley Fera and Holly Marie Combs. I Marlene King is as hackey as Ilene "Fucking" Chaiken which is why Empire is falling into the abyss this season.

• Love 3

How the hell did Kenneth and Jessica manage to hide that Jason and Charles weren't the same age and Charles was actually a few years older? Why even bother? And why the hell was this document left in a sealed room in Radley anyway?

Nothing in the plot makes any sense this season. This Scooby-do mask nonsense is just the cherry on top.

Edited by David Selig
  • Love 4

Which is why Hanna's engaged to another man and Toby's about to be engaged to another woman. True love. So Hanna never stopped loving Caleb, yet she presumably dated Jordan and accepted his proposal all while still loving Caleb and lied to everyone regarding it?

I mean, I get that Jordan's a placeholder for everyone. But it's simply ridiculous that Hanna and Aria can just run back to their high school boyfriends while in committed relationships and it's just, "oh, well they never should have broken up to begin with." We have seen the reasons why Hanna and Caleb do not work--they are different people than they were in high school, and those people are incompatible. Why have those reasons simply evaporated? Did the writers never want us to take these paper-thin SOs seriously? Because sure, they're paper-thin...just like everyone else on this show. I don't know why I'd expect that aspect to be written better than the rest, but it's just as bad as the mystery. I guess I think of this as a romance show first and a mystery second, but they've really fouled up all fronts of this. If one kiss breaks up Spencer and Caleb, why hasn't all the sex, the long-term relationship and the proposal/acceptance between Jordan and Hanna done the same to Hanna and Caleb?

This season the Liars were supposed to grow, but they haven't. Hanna is as morally bankrupt as she was in the pilot. Aria and Caleb are right there with her, meaning Caleb's actually gone backward. And it baffles me that "getting into a relationship with a friend's high-school boyfriend from years ago" is being considered worse than "cheating on your fiance."

Holy mackerel, I haven't even mentioned the idiocy of everything Ezria in this episode. It was overshadowed by my #Hannahate. Just seriously, what a horrible person.

Agree completely w/everything you said!  And at this point, I won't shed a tear, won't even sport a frown face if Hannah's body really does turn up dead in the next season opener. I doubt they'll go there but MK might as well stick a fork in her because any integrity with Hannah's character is already dead. 

Without a doubt Hanna and Caleb behaved horribly and I agree that Hanna had no business accepting a marriage proposal from another man, but I get the sense that Hanna was trying to convince herself that she and Caleb were in the past and that she had to move on with her future but now unexpectedly she has an opportunity to admit the truth--that she still loves Caleb. Was it the right thing to do?  Probably not but it was very human.

Sort of like Spencer and Caleb rebounding into each other's arms probably seemed like a good idea--two lonely people who were always friends decide to give into their attraction--but it is not emotionally healthy in the least.

An unexpected opportunity would be running into Caleb on the NYC streets upon his return from Europe while they were both single. Waiting till he moves on with someone else, friend or not, is a low blow by a jilted ex who can't accept that her former flame might be happy w/someone else.  Telling your ex you basically want him back and playing on his feeling by rolling off with the story about how you really came home that night, only years later after you become engaged to another man and he becomes involved with someone else is not admitting the truth but giving into your feelings of insecurity and doubt about long term commitment to your current partner.  It's hardly an act of love, but more the act of a selfish, immature individual that needs counseling rather than a renewed relationship.

Also you can move on with your future w/out jumping into another committed relationship. But Hannah seems to need a man in her life, the kind of girl that can't accept being single from time to time.  If they want to salvage her character at all next season, maybe they should start with Hannah leaving Caleb alone, breaking things off with Jordan, and seeking therapy after realizing her parents divorce and her dad's abandonment is affecting her adult life and relationships. It's time for her to have an epiphany while being drug across the floor by A.

• Love 7

Come to think of it, if Charlotte were adopted and her mother was mentally disturbed, this puts Kenneth's action in a different light. It's not that uncommon for mental illnesses to be inheritable, so maybe he wasn't being so much transphobic as he was genuinely afraid Charlie would hurt Alison.

Except that if Mary Drake and Jessica DiLaurentis are identical twins, if Mary's madness *were* heritable, then Kenneth's wife Jessica and children are also problematic. Making Charles/ Charlotte/ CeCe the cousin (who was adopted) still leaves her as Jason & Ali's genetic half sibling if the mothers are identical twins. But I guess there's always the explanation that a prejudice against mental illness could have overriden logic and driven his actions back when he institutionalized Charles/ Charlotte. And/Or he was playing favorites because of a (believed) genetic link between him and the other two, whom he thought were both his offspring, whereas Charles/ Charlotte (apparently) clearly wasn't.

But I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about this anymore, when it seems like everyone involved doesn't.

Otoh, if this lays the groundwork for a legitimately BSC Ali next season, because it *was* genetic, then I'd be happy to see SP/Ali run with it. Not sure it would outweigh all the rest of the crap, but it could make for interesting viewing.

• Love 1

But Mrs. D and Charles, a.k.a. Elliot, do make a weird kind of sense as the new co-A-Moji.

(quoted from recap)

As some of you have been pointing out - Elliot isn't Charles (Elliot is Charlotte's secret love, Charlotte is "baby Charles" born to Mary. And Mary and Elliot aren't A-moji - A-moji is "A.D." aka someone who wants revenge for Charlotte (whereas Mary and Elliot want her money).

(Saw a fairly compelling theory that A-moji, aka A.D. is Andrew Campbell (nee Drake)?! It makes sense, and might lead to a reveal that Mary, Elliot, and Andrew have been working in tandem for revenge AND money, but it's not satisfying as the ultimate bad guy AT ALL.)

Come to think of it, if Charlotte were adopted and her mother was mentally disturbed, this puts Kenneth's action in a different light. It's not that uncommon for mental illnesses to be inheritable, so maybe he wasn't being so much transphobic as he was genuinely afraid Charlie would hurt Alison.

I think that the trans person on this show being born in a mental hospital to an "insane" mother is actually EVEN MORE TRANSPHOBIC than last season's finale.

Edited by itainttippithebird

Except that if Mary Drake and Jessica DiLaurentis are identical twins, if Mary's madness *were* heritable, then Kenneth's wife Jessica and children are also problematic.

Sure but I am assuming Kenneth would have been inclined to lock Ali and Jason up had they shown possible signs of mental illness because that's apparently no big deal in Rosewood.

...neutering Emily's love life and having her story be all about tragedy these past ten episodes and now with this ridiculous story turn I took the show off my season pass list.

Usually I would be inclined to agree but with they way the have written all romantic relationships lately I would much rather Emily stay single.

On a different note, this was yet another "empowering" episode. Alison - played like a fiddle like Rollins. Hanna - played like a fiddle and kidnapped by who knows who. Also, a cheater. Aria - completely irrelevant for the main plot. A cheater once again. Spencer - found May's birth certificate, so she actually achieved something. Well, at least it's better than 6.10 in that respect. Emily, good of her to support Alison in her time of need but apart from that she might as well not have been in the episode. Only Caleb seems able to actually do something right. Well, unless he is in close proximity to Hanna's lips, that's when common sense abandons him.

I think that the trans person on this show being born in a mental hospital to an "insane" mother is actually EVEN MORE TRANSPHOBIC than last season's finale.

Don't jump to conclusions, they might change Charlotte's origin story once again. It would be only what, the fifth time?

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 3

6A had a scene where Jason and Ali confronted Kenneth about "who is Charles?".  He broke down and told them the truth.  Apparently now that emotional confession was also a lie.  Wow, Kenneth really is the ultimate villain! [/sarcasm]

Elliot is Charlotte's secret love, Charlotte is "baby Charles" born to Mary. And Mary and Elliot aren't A-moji - A-moji is "A.D." aka someone who wants revenge for Charlotte (whereas Mary and Elliot want her money

I wasn't clear on that.  It seemed like Mary and Elliot were gaslighting Ali to take control of the Carassimi group for Charlotte, in her memory, because that's what she would have wanted, blah blah.  Also, Mary showed up at the Lost Woods Resort after Hanna sent the "come and get me" text to EmojA.  I think we're supposed to conclude that Mary and Elliot are EmojA, seeking control of the money AND vengeance for poor dear Charlotte, while there's another party who actually killed her.

Seems like multiple groups of bad actors, possibly working together or at cross-purposes:

1.  Jessica's murderer (maybe Mary?)

2.  Mary and Elliot gaslighting Ali

3.  EmojA seeking revenge for Charlotte's murder (possibly Mary and Elliot?)

4.  Charlotte's murderer

5.  Person dragging Hanna up the bell tower (either 2 or 4, or a completely separate person)

I have no idea really.  and apparently neither do the writers.  I wouldn't put it past them to end the show with a zoom out from a snowglobe showing Aria as a patient in Radley talking silently to Pigtunia.  It was alllll a dream...

• Love 5

Where the hell is Jason? Ali is a teacher. She's not running anything now. Honestly, I don't care about her. I'm more concerned with Jason. Probably because Jason and Wren and Mona are the only characters I can tolerate anymore. Everyone else is ruined.

Even Wilden now. Emoji Sad:(

• Love 1

I agree that this story development with Charlotte is even more transphobic than the reveal in 6A. Why oh why does a lesbian showrunner do this kind of thing??? I know the answer...internalized homophobia.

I feel like they're going to do another "stole the game from me" thing. My theory is that Charlotte was definitely in on the deception initially, as this was meant to be a long con, and that Mary Drake was always a part of it. Charlotte did use Drake as her last name when she was going by Cece, after all. (Come to think of it, that really should have raised more red flags for Mrs. D.)  I think Elliot only became part of this once Charlotte was institutionalized, like a contingency plan, but Charlotte eventually wanted to back out. Either she hated seeing him pretend to love Ali or she'd bonded with Ali and wanted to stop with the games, but I do think she was killed because she wanted to stop and her mom wanted to keep going. 

Cece's last name being Drake only would have raised flags if the writers had planned out that far in advance that Jessica was going to have a twin named Mary Drake that was also Cece's mother. That 100% didn't happen. If the writers even remember that they used Drake as Cece's last name, I'll be shocked.

• Love 5

Don't jump to conclusions, they might change Charlotte's origin story once again.

I half expect we'll find out that Mr. DiLaurentis slept with both of the Drake twins in a soap opera twist and he actually is Charles/Charlotte's father too.

I wasn't the least bit surprised that Allison's mother was a twin; they've been dropping hints about it since before they whacked Mrs DiLaurentis.  And I've suspected Elliott from his very first scene.

I stayed with this show because I kept telling myself...at least it's not as stupid as Eye Candy. I can't say that anymore after last night.

• Love 1

Don't jump to conclusions, they might change Charlotte's origin story once again. It would be only what, the fifth time?

But it doesn't even matter if they do - here's yet another layer of damage they've slapped on, and it just digs them deeper for this to be the working storyline for however long.

6A had a scene where Jason and Ali confronted Kenneth about "who is Charles?".  He broke down and told them the truth.  Apparently now that emotional confession was also a lie.

But....it's not a lie? Charles was his (adopted) child.

Also, Mary showed up at the Lost Woods Resort after Hanna sent the "come and get me" text to EmojA.  I think we're supposed to conclude that Mary and Elliot are EmojA, seeking control of the money AND vengeance for poor dear Charlotte, while there's another party who actually killed her.

I think that's all the more reason to believe they're working with A-moji, but aren't A-moji - obviously there's....liberties taken with time in this show, to radically understate, but they are laughing maniacally back home while the person who came in through the floor to take Hanna is hauling her up to the bell tower, so they probably aren't A-moji.  (Plus, A-moji is the continuing mystery for next season, and signed their name "A.D." in the text...?) I think the reason it's not clear is because it's convoluted storytelling, not intended ambiguity.

[ETA: Marlene says this re: AD/A-moji in an interview today: "Who is A.D A.D. is Uber A. The girls early on will realize that this A.D. has uber capabilities and it’s really the scariest “A” of all." source - http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/pretty-little-liars-season-6b-finale-couples-haleb-ezria-spoby-elliot-ali-1201731290/]

I agree that this story development with Charlotte is even more transphobic than the reveal in 6A. Why oh why does a lesbian showrunner do this kind of thing??? I know the answer...internalized homophobia.

The (maybe) WORST thing about it is that SHE THINKS SHE'S A HERO FOR INCLUDING A TRANS CHARACTER!!!!!! The gall of it all just drives me completely insane.

Charlotte did use Drake as her last name when she was going by Cece, after all. (Come to think of it, that really should have raised more red flags for Mrs. D.)

Aren't we (at this point) still supposed to believe that Mrs. D knew CeCe was Charlotte all along?

• Love 3

Well, that was a whole new level of awful. Everything was awful. Like we're-obviously-not-even-trying type of awful. Rollins was obviously shady so that was no surprise at all but making Ali's aunt or whatever the twin? Whatever.

Everyone was awful, save for maybe Emily, Ali and Mona (??). Poor Liam, poor Yvone, poor Jordan. Y'all are thinly characterized, two-dimensional characters but even y'all deserve better.

I can barrely muster any sort of indignation in regards to Hanna and Caleb screwing Spencer and Hanna's fiance over. Can A-moji not give Hanna back? Thanks. And Caleb can go fuck himself. 

Toby showed shades of being his old jerk self by puting Yvone in the position he did. I glad she saw right through it and I hope she dumps his ass.

I've had to force myself to become interested in watching the past few episodes so I'm so relieved the season is over. I might return given the hope for Emison but I'll be praying they let this show die in season 7 once and for all.

I got really hopeful for a minute when the old lady called Toby pretty eyes.

Can someone please explain to me WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? MK especifically told us Toby wasn't pretty eyes back in the day. Yes, it was bullshit but now it's canon he was pretty eyes? So it means he was working with Mona way longer than he led us and Spencer believe and oh fuck this, I don't care anymore. That was just MK trolling us as usual.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 5

Aren't we (at this point) still supposed to believe that Mrs. D knew CeCe was Charlotte all along?

Mrs. D knew that Charles = Charlotte, but Mrs. D hadn't met Cece as Jason's girlfriend or Ali's friend. It wasn't until the Cape May trip when Cece showed up at the DiLaurentis house that Mrs. D realized Cece = Charlotte.

Lastly, just how convenient is that they put Rollins in charge of Charlotte's mental health. Did he kill her previous doctor or he was that lucky?

Who else laughed out loud when Caleb conveniently forgot his phone in thew flashback?

Wait, were Rollins and Charlotte involved before Charlotte revealed herself as A and was committed? Or did they fall in love while she was in the hospital under his care? I hope it's revealed that she had been playing him all along just to get released early. 

I figured he left it intentionally. Like he wanted to go off the grid and have no one be able to reach him while he was traveling and trying to sort out his feelings after the breakup. 

And it baffles me that "getting into a relationship with a friend's high-school boyfriend from years ago" is being considered worse than "cheating on your fiance."

Me too. I can't believe people actually think Hanna and Caleb kissing and expressing their feelings for each other while involved with other people who love them is a good thing. It's gross.  

An unexpected opportunity would be running into Caleb on the NYC streets upon his return from Europe while they were both single. Waiting till he moves on with someone else, friend or not, is a low blow by a jilted ex who can't accept that her former flame might be happy w/someone else.  Telling your ex you basically want him back and playing on his feeling by rolling off with the story about how you really came home that night, only years later after you become engaged to another man and he becomes involved with someone else is not admitting the truth but giving into your feelings of insecurity and doubt about long term commitment to your current partner.  It's hardly an act of love, but more the act of a selfish, immature individual that needs counseling rather than a renewed relationship.

I feel like real reason why Hanna decided to offer herself as bait to catch new A was because she wanted to work with Caleb. I'm sorry, I just don't buy that she cares enough about Alison to be motivated to action by her getting hurt. All the "I trust Caleb" and "me and Caleb are doing this without you" felt like her main goal was to be alone with him to get him back, which if was truly her intention, it just makes her even more awful. People accused Spencer of not caring about Hanna, despite her trying to be as considerate and respectful as possible, but Hanna showed a complete lack of respect for not only Spencer's feelings but Caleb's as well. He moved on and was happy with someone else and she couldn't even let him enjoy it because she selflessly decided she doesn't like seeing him happy with someone else while she's engaged to someone else herself. Spencer's too good for Caleb. Hanna can have him, they deserve each other.    

6A had a scene where Jason and Ali confronted Kenneth about "who is Charles?".  He broke down and told them the truth.  Apparently now that emotional confession was also a lie.  Wow, Kenneth really is the ultimate villain! [/sarcasm]

I think it was meant to be the truth but he left out the part about Charlotte being adopted, which really there was no reason for on his end. Why hold that one piece of information back? Nothing he could have said was going to make him look any worse than admitting to his children that he locked up their sibling in a mental institution and then pretended she didn't exist. He didn't need to say we adopted Charles as a baby from your crazy Aunt Mary whom we don't want anyone to know exists. He could have just said Charles was adopted. But obviously the writers had yet to come up with this brilliant "twist" at the time. 

• Love 5

I feel like real reason why Hanna decided to offer herself as bait to catch new A was because she wanted to work with Caleb. I'm sorry, I just don't buy that she cares enough about Alison to be motivated to action by her getting hurt. All the "I trust Caleb" and "me and Caleb are doing this without you" felt like her main goal was to be alone with him to get him back, which if was truly her intention, it just makes her even more awful. People accused Spencer of not caring about Hanna, despite her trying to be as considerate and respectful as possible, but Hanna showed a complete lack of respect for not only Spencer's feelings but Caleb's as well. He moved on and was happy with someone else and she couldn't even let him enjoy it because she selflessly decided she doesn't like seeing him happy with someone else while she's engaged to someone else herself. Spencer's too good for Caleb. 

I too suspect that Hannah had ulterior motives with this plan. It was more than a plan to smoke out A, it was a ploy to come between Spencer and Caleb.  And at this point I'm highly disappointed that Caleb didn't put her in her place when she pulled this stunt. Instead he fell right into it. Both of them need to be single as neither of them know how to act in an adult relationship. 

• Love 5
I think it was meant to be the truth but he left out the part about Charlotte being adopted, which really there was no reason for on his end. Why hold that one piece of information back? Nothing he could have said was going to make him look any worse than admitting to his children that he locked up their sibling in a mental institution and then pretended she didn't exist. He didn't need to say we adopted Charles as a baby from your crazy Aunt Mary whom we don't want anyone to know exists. He could have just said Charles was adopted. But obviously the writers had yet to come up with this brilliant "twist" at the time.

Exactly.  Why would Kenneth omit this relevant piece of exculpatory information?  "We adopted him from your Aunt Mary.  Who is Aunt Mary, you ask?  Your mother's sister, who is in a mental ward.  We put Charlie in Radley because he was showing the same signs of insanity that Mary has, and we were afraid he'd hurt one of you."  It's an additional justification that Kenneth could have used to explain his actions, but didn't.  Having another plausible reason for locking Charlie up wouldn't have served the narrative line in 6A: Kenneth = transphobic monster. 

• Love 1

I figured he left it intentionally. Like he wanted to go off the grid and have no one be able to reach him while he was traveling and trying to sort out his feelings after the breakup.

That's what off buttons are for. Caleb can be such a drama queen sometimes.

Come to think of it, why would Rollins pretend to be the ghost of Wilden? It's not like Alison is particularly fond or particularly scared of him. Also, it would have been hilarious if upon seeing these "ghosts" Alison had tried the modern solution of using her phone to take a picture of them.

Toby showed shades of being his old jerk self by puting Yvone in the position he did. I glad she saw right through it and I hope she dumps his ass.

Yvonne annoyed me in this episode with her contrived jump to the conclusion that Toby must be helping Spencer. Also, it isn't like she is the daughter of a presidential candidate. Nobody would care if her boyfriend failed to show up for the stupid election party, she can live without Toby for an hour or two, I'm sure.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1

He didn't need to say we adopted Charles as a baby from your crazy Aunt Mary whom we don't want anyone to know exists. He could have just said Charles was adopted. But obviously the writers had yet to come up with this brilliant "twist" at the time. 

Wouldn't Ali and Jason have asked why they adopted a baby at the same time that Jason was born? That's not that typical. And if they pushed he would have had to say it was because it was their crazy aunt's baby. But yeah, the writers just didn't think of it then.

But to what end? What would the original long con have been? Elliot and Mary's current plan was for him to marry Alison and then have her committed so that he would control 51% of the Carissimi Group. If Charlotte were still alive or had been part of the plan from the beginning, why would she need to go through all this trouble since it was already her company? Alison doesn't have any other assets. My guess is that the family home is still in her father's name (even if only for tax purposes). Charlotte would have resumed control of her company once she was released. The only reason Alison has 51% is because Charlotte died and left that to her in her will (or did she relinquish control when she was committed?). I'm assuming that Mary and Elliot didn't kill Charlotte in order to get control of her company, so that's still a separate mystery.

Since the writers are so stuck on redeeming Charlotte, I think this is going to boil down to some good twin/bad twin rivalry thing between Jessica and Mary with Mary being Uber A and Charlotte's A being a pawn. 

My theory right now is that Mary started plotting her revenge when she found out that they'd put Charlotte in Radley. Years later, she reached out to Charlotte and planted seeds in her head, even letting her play out her own little revenge fantasy, but the ultimate goal was to make the happy-looking family that rejected her child miserable (with the exception of Jason because lord knows he's been through enough) and take over a life she believes she should have lead. I've already resigned myself to the probability that they're going to make the Ali/Courtney switch be what actually happened to Jessica and Mary.

I think institutionalizing Ali was always part of plan, just for revenge purposes, but Charlotte didn't want to do it anymore once she got close to Ali. Mary killed her, on her own, because she didn't want to play anymore and may have even threatened to tell Ali everything. Now she doesn't have access to all that money anymore so she and Elliot sped up the "make Ali crazy" timeline to gain access to it. 

Mrs. D didn't know Cece and Charlotte were one in the same until that time Jason brought her on their trip to Cape May. Although now that I think about it, I guess she wouldn't have second guessed it if Drake was their maiden name and not Mary's married or legally changed name. Regardless, it's still an obvious retcon.

• Love 1

What the fuck was that? The greatest, often only good thing, about this show is the core four and now they've screwed that up with this stupid Caleb triangle that is totally pointless since we all knew they were going with a reset. I mean, it was obvious the moment they did the five year jump that all of these relationships were temporary, that Ezra and Aria would be back together, that Toby and Spencer would get back together, that Hanna and Caleb would get back together, That Emily and....poor Emily. :( Has she even had a relationship since high school?

It was hilarious seeing dumb as a box of rocks Toby (he might not actually be dumb but the way Keegan plays him makes him seem like he can barely string two words together without having to think really, really hard about it) now has glasses and speaks French because Spencer taught him ages ago, and of course she can use a saw because he taught her ages ago. Oh, they are soooo mean to be *blech*

I tried to watch it live but as soon as I saw it was going to be putting all the old relationships back together I stopped and did something more productive, I played pictograms on my phone for an hour. I did a rewatch because I hard that Mrs. D was back. It wasn't worth it. I think I'm finally done. I just can't watch what they have done to characters I once loved so much.

Charlotte must have known something about her birth mother because it's way too much of a coincidence that she chose the last name Drake when she was Cece.

And this shows how much I was into this ep. I totally missed that connection!

And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Elliot is Wren. They probably couldn't get the Wren actor for this season so either he is wearing an Elliot Mask right now becuase it makes as much sense as a Wilden mask really, OR, Elliot was wearing a Wren mask back when he was busy seducing the Hastings sisters and Hanna, and probably Ally but not Emily because she likes girls and not Aria because she has no taste in men at all...I mean, she has been lulled into a hypnotic stupor by Ezra's total lack of personality. I wouldn't blame Elliot for wearing a Wren mask. Or hey, lets make all the guys in Rosewood really the same guy in lifelike masks, or an army of Droids that the Cassimi group plan on selling to the government to go to enemy countries, seduce all the teenage girls thereby preventing the enemy men from procreating and making more enemies. Yeah, makes about as much sense as what I just watched. I think this show broke my brain.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 4

What's even the point of this show anymore?  Why does anyone want to harass these four girl if some shadowy Carissimi group has been behind this scheme to get Ali's money the whole time?  And Emily's love life has been put on hold even though she used to have the most varied of all?  I'm really surprised the way Emily's character has been treated post-timeskip given the show's strong LGBT audience.  Really not feeling all the original couples getting back together...why have them break up?  What have they learned from being apart?  I'm still frustrated that the PLL writers don't have the balls to write Ezra as the creep he was for flirting with Ali and stalking Aria.  And the twin reveal was too safe.  Mrs. Dilaurentis has a twin and not one of the five girls?  What's the fucking point?  If you're going to do a surprise twin reveal, make it juicy.  I hate to say it but literally the only thing good about this episode was seeing Spencer near naked, and when the only thing I'm praising is the skin ratio of a show, things have gotten pretty bad, even by PLL standards.

• Love 6

Is Aria actually still with Liam? When her boss visited her in the previous episode she made some comment about Liam being an ex and that's why Aria should bypass him and send pages directly to the boss. I don't remember it happening onscreen, but I thought maybe I missed something and they had split up.

[ETA: Marlene says this re: AD/A-moji in an interview today: "Who is A.D A.D. is Uber A. The girls early on will realize that this A.D. has uber capabilities and it’s really the scariest “A” of all." source - http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/pretty-little-liars-season-6b-finale-couples-haleb-ezria-spoby-elliot-ali-1201731290/]

A.D. has uber capabilities.  Hmmm, I guess that means that A.D. drives other people around in their car using the Uber app.  Eureka !!!  Shower Harvey's driver must be A.D.  Time for some ice cream.

• Love 5

I would feel bad for the friendships if in part B they were the actual friendships I signed up for when I fell in love with this show. Like, that's why I've been here, The friendships between the four girls but it seems like since they brought back the return of Alison, the friendships never quite recovered from that. And then in Part B, the girls friendships was non existent. At least to me. None of the girls seemed to like being around each other much. They all had other things going on.  So, yeah while Hanna/Caleb/Spencer/ Somewhat Toby really put the nail in the colfin, the friendship was hardly anything to write  about this season. 

• Love 5
Is Aria actually still with Liam? When her boss visited her in the previous episode she made some comment about Liam being an ex and that's why Aria should bypass him and send pages directly to the boss. I don't remember it happening onscreen, but I thought maybe I missed something and they had split up.

Take this with a grain of salt because the characterizations are completely insane this season, but the last thing I remember about Liam was Aria and him being good and she sorta "picking" him (in the wedding episode if I'm not mistaken). I remember that scene you mentioned but I didn't think she was making any reference to Aria and Liam being exes. If anything, Aria seemed to react like someone who cared about how her boyfriend might feel about be take off an assignment. So, I'm pretty sure they're still together.

Really not feeling all the original couples getting back together...why have them break up?  What have they learned from being apart?

Okay, I might be watching this show too long but...I'm not entirely convinced the original couples are getting back together in a permanent basis. Ezria...maybe. But only after a lot of drama with Nicole coming back, which we all know she will. Hanna is being written in a very odd way this season and I don't really think we're supposed to see the Haleb reunion as good thing. That said, I think Spaleb might have been sunk for good.

Spoby is dead and buried.

Emison might be endgame along with Ezria.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 1

While I'm sure it's not the case, what if they've been character assassinating Hanna to prepare us for her death by bell tower plunge? That's the only thing that can explain why she's been completely out of character for 10 dreadful eps. (There's no way they're killing off Ashley Benson but still.)

My feeling is that Marlene thinks she has to throw shippers a bone every finale, including Emison fans, so that's why the Haleb, Spoby, and Emison pair ups in this ep. I wouldn't be surprised if they reunited Emison bc this episode really foreshadowed it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that was just to give shippers a little fan service for a sec before moving on to the actual trajectory.

• Love 3

Where the hell is Jason? Ali is a teacher. She's not running anything now. Honestly, I don't care about her. I'm more concerned with Jason. Probably because Jason and Wren and Mona are the only characters I can tolerate anymore. Everyone else is ruined.

Even Wilden now. Emoji Sad:(

According to Ali in this episode, Jason has been running the Carassimi group.

How the hell did Kenneth and Jessica manage to hide that Jason and Charles weren't the same age and Charles was actually a few years older? Why even bother? And why the hell was this document left in a sealed room in Radley anyway?

Nothing in the plot makes any sense this season. This Scooby-do mask nonsense is just the cherry on top.

Actually, it was the opposite, Charlotte is, apparently, the same age as Jason but the DiRents were lying and said that Charles was a couple of years older than Jason for some inexplicable reason.

Which just makes me question why they would lie about that rather than just tell everyone that she was adopted, or just tell people that Charles and Jason were twins if they felt like they needed to make people think she was their bio-child? Did Charles attend Kindergarten as a 3 year old? Why would they do that? Why would the writers even bother to retcon that particular bit?

• Love 1