Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I don't know where to post this but I fucking met Michelle Duggar. Let me set the scene. So my cousin is getting married and we were at a shop looking at dresses here in Kentucky when the Duggars march their asses in, apparently the owner of this shop had designed a dress for one of the Duggar girls before. Anyway, my cousin, who hates them equally, tried to stop me from approaching them, but I couldn't help myself. I waited till. Michelle was away from the rest and went up to her and said "Michelle, I've been wanting to meet you for a long time" she smiled, clearly thinking I was a fan and said how sweet that was, then I said "Yeah, I've always wanted to meet a mother who takes pride in the son who molested her daughters and still believes she possesses moral superiority. You are truly a remarkable mother, Michelle". She froze in place. Then my cousin told the sales associate that she doesn't need to see anymore dresses because she will not be purchasing anything from a business that supports the Duggars and we walked out. 

Girlfriend you are my hero. - looking for  dresses for Joyanna?  Any cameras around? - or another daughter? JANA?!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I don't know where to post this but I fucking met Michelle Duggar. Let me set the scene. So my cousin is getting married and we were at a shop looking at dresses here in Kentucky when the Duggars march their asses in, apparently the owner of this shop had designed a dress for one of the Duggar girls before. Anyway, my cousin, who hates them equally, tried to stop me from approaching them, but I couldn't help myself. I waited till. Michelle was away from the rest and went up to her and said "Michelle, I've been wanting to meet you for a long time" she smiled, clearly thinking I was a fan and said how sweet that was, then I said "Yeah, I've always wanted to meet a mother who takes pride in the son who molested her daughters and still believes she possesses moral superiority. You are truly a remarkable mother, Michelle". She froze in place. Then my cousin told the sales associate that she doesn't need to see anymore dresses because she will not be purchasing anything from a business that supports the Duggars and we walked out. 

Oh wow did she respond at all? or just stood there?  Good for you.

• Love 2

WhitneyWhit:  Wow, to meet Michelle and tell her the truth about herself....I'm so proud of you. Did you say anything more to her? There she was, all 'sweet, sweet' and everything is 'so sweet'. Makes me sick. I would have the courage to say what I would love to say to them. It's about time they hear the truth about themselves.

Who else "Duggar" was with her? For whom were they shopping? I wonder why they needed to be in Kentucky for a dress. Doesn't Arkansas have any good shops for them?  Another standing ovation for you...tell us more, please.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They were in KY about a month ago to see the Ark exhibit on their way to Tabby Paine's wedding. Did they go back? Was a a camera crew present? 

Perhaps they're attending the Derby.

If so, maybe someone could get some mint juleps into some Duggarlings on false pretenses and then see what they say.

• Love 2

I'm sure Michelle pretend like she didn't hear and kept on keeping sweet. They can't face real criticism head on, let alone anyone who doesn't kiss their asses.

I'm surprised at what I said to her, but she was standing there with that stupid sweet smile plastered on her face and a few people had done everything but bow at her feet and I just got so angry looking at her.

The owner of this shop had apparently designed a dress for one of the girls and she now has her own store so that's why they were here. No one knew they were coming. My back was to the door and I heard my cousin say "Oh my God" and there they were. It was Michelle, Mama Duggar and most of the girls, if Jana was there, I didn't see her. Like I said, some customers acted like the messiah had just walked in, but others were pissed because they came to film and no one was warned about this.

Michelle basically just froze, I honestly believe this was the first time that she had been approached by someone who didn't fall at her feet, her smile faded and she walked back over to the group. I didn't want to say anything to her in front of the girls  because as annoying as I find them, I actually would feel bad about hurting their feelings because I view them as victims in multiple ways.

• Love 21

When did this happen? Because two trips to KY inside of a month seems rather excessive, but it sounds like this is where Joy got her dress and they're filming the "shopping" scene. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I'm surprised at what I said to her, but she was standing there with that stupid sweet smile plastered on her face and a few people had done everything but bow at her feet and I just got so angry looking at her.

The owner of this shop had apparently designed a dress for one of the girls and she now has her own store so that's why they were here. No one knew they were coming. My back was to the door and I heard my cousin say "Oh my God" and there they were. It was Michelle, Mama Duggar and most of the girls, if Jana was there, I didn't see her. Like I said, some customers acted like the messiah had just walked in, but others were pissed because they came to film and no one was warned about this.

Michelle basically just froze, I honestly believe this was the first time that she had been approached by someone who didn't fall at her feet, her smile faded and she walked back over to the group. I didn't want to say anything to her in front of the girls  because as annoying as I find them, I actually would feel bad about hurting their feelings because I view them as victims in multiple ways.

Dang. I would have killed to see her face. Say, did you see any of the Seewalds? And did you see Jinger?

It happened two days ago. The girls were talking to crew members while Michelle was talking to the shop owner and a couple staff members, they walked away and she started doing something on her cell phone.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Seewalds and Jinger were supposedly on the trip. Perhaps Jana was with them along with Henry and Spurgeon. Perhaps that's why you didn't see Jana.

Edited by Marthalord
4 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

It happened two days ago. The girls were talking to crew members while Michelle was talking to the shop owner and a couple staff members, they walked away and she started doing something on her cell phone.

Someone else reported seeing them yesterday at Mt. Sterling, KY, having lunch at Spoonful of Sugar.

2 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Someone else reported seeing them yesterday at Mt. Sterling, KY, having lunch at Spoonful of Sugar.

That's where they were. It's a small town about an hour from Lexington.

6 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

The Seewalds and Jinger were supposedly on the trip. Perhaps Jana was with them along with Henry and Spurgeon. Perhaps that's why you didn't see Jana.

Bin is really nothing but Jim Bob's kept man, is he?

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Marthalord said:

Isn't that what Ben's for on these trips? There is absolutely NO reason for him to be tagging along on wedding dress fitting trips. He should be back home working for his FIL. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Isn't that what Ben's for on these trips? There is absolutely NO reason for him to be tagging along on wedding dress fitting trips. He should be back home working for his FIL. 

Maybe there's a limit to how many schlubby young dumb-asses JB can find chores for on any given day. How many's he got to employ now? Bin, JD, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Jer -- and a few more teenagers who surely can't be busy at non-school school all day. So six male maids of all work, none of them good for much of anything, plus some part-timers. He probably just doesn't have that many shrubs, bags of fertilizer, toilets. So Bin gets to go imagine he's a TeeVee star. ... His resume oughta be really interesting when the show finally ends in about ten years and he and Jessa have no savings, he still has no education, and they have seven kids to support.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Queen Jessa can't be expected to care for 2 children by herself. And don't you have to be on camera to get paid? Two Duggar reasons for Ben to be there.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

when the show finally ends in about ten years

giphy.gif

Ten years! That's too depressing. But you're right, out of all of them Jess's would be hardest hit.

On another note I'm not sure I could stop talking to Michelle or the other Duggars. I'd probably get thrown out by security. I'd be sure to have my phone discretely filming in my purse or pocket. For TMZ.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

giphy.gif

Ten years! That's too depressing. But you're right, out of all of them Jess's would be hardest hit.

On another note I'm not sure I could stop talking to Michelle or the other Duggars. I'd probably get thrown out by security. I'd be sure to have my phone discretely filming in my purse or pocket. For TMZ.

I'd definitely get thrown out. I'd be too inclined to slap the bitch, unfortunately. 

Re: Bin. It's hard for me even to imagine what goes on with him. He's what? 22? an age when guys want to work, earn money, go to school, play sports, hang out with their friends .... And he goes on short-hop tourist jaunts with his wife and a bunch of other dull women. Like a particularly whipped retiree.  Hard to believe that somebody can make Derick look like a go-getter, but I swear Bin does. Derick went to Nepal, worked (briefly) as a corporate accountant, fled the country and does interpretive dance. Bin once pretended to run a two-day (one-day?) children's football camp. And he's in good health. He used to post more Calvinistic self-righteousness on instagram, and that seemed silly. But now even that's slowed down and it's starting to look like his high point. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

I think Bin's a decent kid, but life with the Duggars is aging him very quickly. He seems to have minimal contact with his family, he's reduced to being his FIL's bitch and Jessa is firmly on board the baby train. Didn't he even write that compatability in a marriage doesn't matter as long as your spouse is attractive? If that's not a cry for help, I don't know what is. He's just going to be Smuggar 2.0 in ten years, minus the pervy past.

• Love 9
On 5/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, WhitneyWhit said:

Hi. My name is Aja, and I love you.

• Love 15
On 05/05/2017 at 0:06 AM, WhitneyWhit said:

Your poor cousin. She can't take you anywhere. 

• Love 24
On Thursday, May 04, 2017 at 0:06 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

Fucking yes. You need a medal 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe there's a limit to how many schlubby young dumb-asses JB can find chores for on any given day. How many's he got to employ now? Bin, JD, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Jer -- and a few more teenagers who surely can't be busy at non-school school all day. So six male maids of all work, none of them good for much of anything, plus some part-timers. He probably just doesn't have that many shrubs, bags of fertilizer, toilets.

What confuses me is that Jim Boob owns lots of land on this primary residence.  Why not plant some crops & put all those  young men to work?  I would also suggest live stock, but the Duggars & animals are not a good match.  The animals are better behaved & I would fear for their lives.

• Love 9

So Dear TLC Producers, because I know at least some little peon intern checks this board:

If you have a film crew there while negative encounters, such as the one above, are recorded, this would make very interesting TV. Show us how Mother of the Year and Company react to people who don't worship them.  This can't be the first time someone has seen a Duggar somewhere and at least rolled their eyes at them. 

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So Dear TLC Producers, because I know at least some little peon intern checks this board:

If you have a film crew there while negative encounters, such as the one above, are recorded, this would make very interesting TV. Show us how Mother of the Year and Company react to people who don't worship them.  This can't be the first time someone has seen a Duggar somewhere and at least rolled their eyes at them. 

I'd watch a clip show of this instead of another wedding.

• Love 9
(edited)

Yeah, raise your hand if you really believe that Joy was truly dress shopping the other day. Uhm, not so much. Maybe a fitting that they didn't film, but cleared the store for so there would be no leaks. But for the cameras? Three dresses, none of which will be "the one." She already has that. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, raise your hand if you really believe that Joy was truly dress shopping the other day. Uhm, not so much. Maybe a fitting that they didn't film, but cleared the store for so there would be no leaks. But for the cameras? Three dresses, none of which will be "the one." She already has that. 

Reality TV!

• Love 1
On 5/4/2017 at 7:21 PM, Churchhoney said:

Maybe there's a limit to how many schlubby young dumb-asses JB can find chores for on any given day. 

Bin's the "muscle". They all need a bodyguard, you know.

One can only imagine the new filming rules that will happen as a result of this; we all know that J-Chelle is never going to let anyone close enough again to confront her in a public place.

• Love 4
On 5/4/2017 at 6:08 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

Probably calling 911.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

One can imagine they already have something in their contracts forbidding this, or they have naked pictures of Nancy.

IMHO but we'll know when The End is near. TLC will finally allow the editors to go wild. Imagine the Duggar outtakes reel, and I"m not talking about the crap we've already seen (Josie the Miracle Baby licking the filthy countertops, etcetera). You have to believe there's some world-class footage of Jessa Blessa losing her shit, for starters.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

One can imagine they already have something in their contracts forbidding this, or they have naked pictures of Nancy.

HAHAHAHAHA! And I want you to know that a very croaky, inelegant "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" *cough cough cough* was the first sound I made today!

• Love 3

The new season starts on June 12 and is only seven episodes.  So, Joy's wedding will not be on this season.  It sounds like just a recap of videos TLC has already released.

"A new baby for Jessa and Ben, an unexpected surprise from Jill and Derick, and Joy-Anna and Austin’s engagement are just some of the major milestones that will be highlighted in the new season. The seven-part run promises love, laughter, and tears. 

"Jessa and Ben Seewald expand their young family with an adorable newborn and experience all the joys and challenges that come with raising two small children. Viewers will see Jill and Derick Dillard say goodbye to family and return to Central America, but not before they share some exciting news with baby Israel and the rest of the clan.

"Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo adjust to life as newlyweds in a new city far away from Northwest Arkansas. And the excitement doesn’t end with the older sisters…it’s Joy’s turn now! Viewers will see Joy interact with boyfriend/soon-to-be-fiancé Austin Forsyth. But Joy is not the only sibling to find new love, as yet another Duggar starts a new courtship. There are always new milestones and big announcements in this ever-growing family!"

(This is from Lily and Ellie's blog.)

However, the real season premier begins in just five days when Josh Duggar is brought to court by Matt McCarthy for using his photo on the Ashley Madison adultery site.  I hope they allow cameras in the court room. 

0 0 1 Dis.gif

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

And the excitement doesn’t end with the older sisters…it’s Joy’s turn now!

0 0 1 Dis.gif

You bet your bippy the excitement doesn't end there. Excitement doesn't appear to have even started. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

I hope they don't drag long suffering Anna to L.A., to show how unaffected she is by her prick of a husband's cheating.

Since it is a civil case and not a criminal case, I doubt that any of the Duggars will go.  Josh will probably just be represented by an attorney.

(edited)

You're not going to believe this, but In Touch is reporting that Josh Duggar will appear on the new season of Counting On.

“'He [Jim Bob Duggar] spent a month trying to convince TLC that Josh should be back on the show. They finally caved and agreed to let him film an upcoming Counting On webisode where he’ll talk about his joy at learning he’s going to be a father again,' the source explains. If the episode is well-received, 'He’ll appear on the next season of Counting On.'” 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/josh-duggar-tv-131963/photos/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-247251

0 0 1 horror.gif

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 6

Lol, Josh will appear in a scripted segment where he grits his teeth and fakes being happy about M5? I know I'm going to get struck by lightning for admitting it, but I'm looking forward to seeing this. Please don't throw tomatoes at me.

• Love 12