Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

This is somewhat tangential, but the TLC interviewer, Danni Starr is a radio cohost here in the DC area. She used to be on The Kane Show on 99.5 but now she's on 93.9 The Fam in the Morning. She also was featured on episode of Bridezilla, and wrote an article about  her subsequent divorce for TLC

I did a double take when I heard her name because she sounds totally different on the radio than what she does during her interviews. 

On 3/2/2017 at 7:45 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yeah Boob wanted his breakfast cooked before going to the hospital  while Michelle was in labor. Probably safe to assume Michelle has been mistreated not just by the religion, but by Boob.

KJB should get on his knees and thank the Lordt above he wasn't married to me. He'd need medical attention to extract the frying pan from his rectal area by the time I was finished with him.

I'm torn between feeling badly for J-Chelle and realizing that she signed up for this and continues to support it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

I'm torn between feeling badly for J-Chelle and realizing that she signed up for this and continues to support it.

Michelle is a complicated dysfunctional mess. Just when i think I have her kinda figured out, she throws a curve ball and I doubt my analysis. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

KJB should get on his knees and thank the Lordt above he wasn't married to me. He'd need medical attention to extract the frying pan from his rectal area by the time I was finished with him.

LOL! I so would not put that past you, Micks Picks!  Then, it's my turn!

• Love 4
On 3/13/2017 at 4:47 PM, toodles said:

I found this posted on another page.  This is just sad.

http://www.crownofbeautymagazine.com/NewDuggarGirlsInterview.html

Can you imagine having a Duggar kid preach at you every Sunday.

eta:  I know there was discussion of this in the Jana thread, but I thought I would post it here, just in case.

And for veterans yet. As if they haven't suffered enough. .... Given how much of this,incessant preaching by idiots the Duggs themselves have obviously endured over the course of their lives it always amazes me that they can talk about in an apparently positive way ..... Unless they're just really sadistically enjoying the fact that now other people are subjected to it, and not just them. 

• Love 2

Seriously...I am totally speechless again! Have the poor veterans not suffer enough. I call it hypocritical for the Duggars to show their faces in a veteran home since none of the special Duggar snowflakes are good enough to serve their country or to go into other countries fighting for the rights of women to be educated, have careers, and not serve men to the point of being second class citizens (yes, I am looking at you Duggars.) Of course, these poor heathens should have learn by now turning to God will save them from the evil taking over their countries.

And Jeremy knows God. Really...I want prove Jeremy knows God. Plus the bull crap of raising littles, housecleaning is doing ministry work.

Somebody has posted information about the person who supposedly leaked the Josh investigation two years ago.  She says she did it because she was fed up with the family's antigay activities.

Does anyone have any idea if this is true?

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, Churchhoney said:

Can you imagine having a Duggar kid preach at you every Sunday.

Given how lazy the Duggars are and how dishonest they are about their "charity", I really doubt that they've gone to the Veteran's Home more than once or twice. In their minds, that would then become exaggerated into "every Sunday" and give them something to brag about when asked what their "ministry" actually entails. If they really were doing this every Sunday, we'd already know because they'd never be able to keep from showing off about it on Facebook and Instagram and TLC would have filmed it for an episode.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

Somebody has posted information about the person who supposedly leaked the Josh investigation two years ago.  She says she did it because she was fed up with the family's antigay activities.

Does anyone have any idea if this is true?

The person who contacted In Touch came out and said that she was the one who did it, so it's true. This was something that everyone in the community knew about, so she called the tabloids about the rumors and iirc gave them dates to help them narrow their search. In Touch filed the FOA requests, and the rest is history. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ariel said:

I find it disgusting that People is giving Josh money to tell his "story".

That article wasn't from an interview, it's just a timeline of events and then a quote taken from the Duggar website.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That article wasn't from an interview, it's just a timeline of events and then a quote taken from the Duggar website.

Is Josh getting any money from this.  I hope not.

• Love 1

Does anyone else think that had stand-ins for Joy and Josiah? And maybe the random J-boy on the end in front of Jinger? And this must be the year the bronzer started and the year before the perms stopped.

19-kids-and-counting-17+%25282%2529.jpg

I don't remember Jeremiah having chestnut brown hair, or Joe having dark brown hair.   

I think this might be a Scott Enlow photo where he photographed the family in groups of two, then spliced them all together. 

James got the worst photoshopping. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't remember Jeremiah having chestnut brown hair, or Joe having dark brown hair.   

I think this might be a Scott Enlow photo where he photographed the family in groups of two, then spliced them all together. 

James got the worst photoshopping. 

Yeah, that side is bad.  The perspective on Anna, Meredith (?) and Josh is weird - that side is simultaneously stretched out and flattened like a pancake.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Poor Josie looks like one of those old creepy wax dolls. Those horrid pigtails did her no favors. A pink (or any other color) cap with flowers would have made her look so much better.

You can see just how delicate she was.

She has that same little knob of a chin there that you can see in Henry on the photo that was posted the other day. 

I saw something on a "fake" Duggar instagram that Jana was in a courtship with Law Bates.

I found the real Instagram of Law Bates and followed it.  On the live video part of IG, there was a quick video of a table and I saw Jessa sitting there.

So maybe Jana was there too? 

1 hour ago, MV713 said:

I saw something on a "fake" Duggar instagram that Jana was in a courtship with Law Bates.

I found the real Instagram of Law Bates and followed it.  On the live video part of IG, there was a quick video of a table and I saw Jessa sitting there.

I just can't imagine Jana with Lawson Bates.  He thinks he is the pretty one.  He also seems like a "boy" vs a "man".  But, then again, I'm not Jana, so we shall have to wait and see.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MV713 said:

The Duggars are all in TN for Tabby Paine's wedding tomorrow. 

maybe 5 years ago, I could have seen Jana with Lawson, when he was running his lawn mowing business and actually making money, but now he is just a pompous git (he was probably that then, but at least he was a working pompous git!)

• Love 6

There were rumors just a year or so ago of the great love between Lawson and Jinger, so I sincerely doubt Lawson and Jana has any truth to it.

I kind of think Lawson is halfway in love with that girl he sings with.  Whatever her name is.

• Love 1

There were rumors just a year or so ago of the great love between Lawson and Jinger, so I sincerely doubt Lawson and Jana has any truth to it.

I kind of think Lawson is halfway in love with that girl he sings with.  Whatever her name is.

The one thing that sort of upsets me about the Bates family is that, by their own admission, Lawson supported them for years yet he seems to be the butt of everyone's jokes in the family.

Maybe he is perfect for Jana, after all.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Emily Ann Roberts.  She's 18-years-old.

0 0 1 Lawson.jpg

• Love 1

From Jana to Joy, the Duggar females did an interview for Crown of Beauty Magazine. Here's the descrption:

As God's Daughters, we have not been given a spirit of fear! Within these pages you'll meet some BRAVE women of God, be encouraged by their stories, and move forward in a new faith and boldness! Featuring interviews with the Duggar Girls, Fireflight, and much much more!

Aaaaaaand the site has a "Donate" button !

http://www.crownofbeautymagazine.com/TheBraveIssue.html

(edited)

Fundies are incredibly annoying in that they can't seem to do or say anything that isn't related to religion, and they're either lording their perceived superiority over everyone else or feeling persecuted; sometimes both at once.  Their simultaneous arrogance and insecurity makes it very hard to take them seriously.

Edited by Zahdii
Spelling
  • Love 14

According to editor of Crown of Beauty (which features the Duggar girls)

"My generation has been forced to conform to impossible standards. We've been told that our beauty and self worth lies in our closet, our dress size, how many friends or Twitter followers we have, what kind of car we drive, how cute our boyfriend is, or how successful we are."

Sweetie, you are not cutting edge.  Gloria Steinman was saying this decades ago.  Too bad your grandmother & mother didn't heed her advice.

• Love 20

I'd call KJB a piece of shit, but shit can sometimes be useful. 

Michelle is just as liable - imagine Jim Bob pushing this crap without Michelle? It would go no where. She's his best saleswoman.

• Love 4

I was listening to an often-crude/filthy morning radio show the other day - Rover's Morning Glory, out of Ohio - and one of the "gang" mentioned Duggar side hugs! He said he'd been out with a woman (not his wife) the night before and gave her a side-hug, like the Duggars do. I couldn't believe the guys on this show know about that.

• Love 1