Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

From the Blog above, if you don't want to click (I don't care about clicks)

Jason Duggar, who turns 17 in April, is entering the family real estate business!

As most of you know, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have used real estate as a means to provide for their large family since early on in their marriage. They own a number of commercial and residential properties, many of which they rent out. Now that they have grown children with varied skill sets, they often purchase properties in need to work and hire their kids to help.

Jim Bob Duggar and Jason Duggar recently cosigned the deed to a fixer-upper house located 30 minutes from the Duggar family home. It is a single-family dwelling built in 1958 and has three bedrooms, two baths, and a total living area of approximately 2,000 square feet.

At $33,000, the Duggars got a great deal, but the house needs repairs. News of this purchase comes less than one year after Jana Duggar bought a commercial property that once held a tattoo parlor.

This story was just picked up by the tabloids, so we wanted to give you the facts, as we knew you would be wondering.

30 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jason Duggar, who turns 17 in April, is entering the family real estate business!

As most of you know, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have used real estate as a means to provide for their large family since early on in their marriage. They own a number of commercial and residential properties, many of which they rent out. Now that they have grown children with varied skill sets, they often purchase properties in need to work and hire their kids to help.

Jim Bob Duggar and Jason Duggar recently cosigned the deed to a fixer-upper house located 30 minutes from the Duggar family home. It is a single-family dwelling built in 1958 and has three bedrooms, two baths, and a total living area of approximately 2,000 square feet.

At $33,000, the Duggars got a great deal, but the house needs repairs. News of this purchase comes less than one year after Jana Duggar bought a commercial property that once held a tattoo parlor.

This story was just picked up by the tabloids, so we wanted to give you the facts, as we knew you would be wondering.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Aunt Martha is lying in the ditch after getting thrown off her horse. Sorry I could not resist.

If this is true then smart move on Jason's part. He'll do a lot better in real estate than the twins will selling crappy used cars on the side of the highway. If Jason manages to buy, renovate and rent a few properties, he could get a nice little income stream going.

• Love 3

Jason looks more like the non-sinner twin and they are back to back in age so I think he gets mixed up with him.

Don't worry, we'll get to know him when he shares his wedding season with JD, Joseph, Josiah, Jeremiah, Jedidiah. One special season to move all the bachelors. Jana can make their ties.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, awaken said:

The sad thing is, I have watched the show, and followed these boards for years, and can't even think who Jason is

I think Jason's only claim to fame on the show was falling through the orchestra pit, an incident which led to more snarking at Michelle's fame-whore reaction than recognition of Jason.

• Love 5

I just had to look him up. He looks exactly like Jedidiah and Josiah. I think they're all one person in my mind. 

Looking at that list of names and birthdays, I'm shocked again and how consistently close in age most of these kids are! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Micks Picks said:

Why no Jethro?  How did they miss that one.  Or maybe there is one and we never noticed him either.

The only Jethro I think of these days is the silver fox Mark Harmon as Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Yes, I'm old enough to remember Jethro Bodine...not sexy

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The only Jethro I think of these days is the silver fox Mark Harmon as Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Yes, I'm old enough to remember Jethro Bodine...not sexy

Same here! Whenever I hear the name Jethro I immediately think of NCIS.

• Love 2

I have no idea who Jason is either.  Seriously, they all look similar and their personalities are just plain dull. 

I know Jinger, Jessa, Joy, Jill, Josh, Jana and JD. Of course Josie.  I don't even know who the freak Johanna or Jordyn are...I do know the names but have no idea where they fall in the family. 

2 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

There were 4 living J girls in a row, the youngest. You've got Jenny, johannah, Josie,  now who is missing.  It's driving me nuts.

That would be Jordyn.  Jason, Justin and Jordyn are the forgotten Duggars, much like Katie is the forgotten Bates.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That would be Jordyn.  Jason, Justin and Jordyn are the forgotten Duggars, much like Katie is the forgotten Bates.

Yeah, I still get the kids mixed up in birth order...Smuggley, Jana, JD, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy, Jer, Jed....drawing a blank on the minor boys that follow...then I think it's Hannie, a boy, Jordyn, and Josie.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:45 PM, Marigold said:

He can't legally sign a contract. It's also questionable whether he can actually be licensed as a real estate agent at this age or be able to sign sales contracts under 21 years of age. Didn't we find this out with Bin?

6 hours ago, Aja said:

my girl *fist bump*

Yup.  When Gee Golly mentioned Tull I was thinking of Original Masters...and Ian Andersons great flute solos on Locomotive Breath and Bungle in the Jungle...Pity the Duggars will never get to celebrate the joys of classic rock..

Mr E moved in with a copy of it as well to add to my own..great minds think alike...@Aja and @GeeGolly, fist pumps, mi gente!

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

He can't legally sign a contract. It's also questionable whether he can actually be licensed as a real estate agent at this age or be able to sign sales contracts under 21 years of age. Didn't we find this out with Bin?

All fucking Blob did was pay for it and after the transaction was over put Jason's name on it.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jethro Tull is what I think of.

Salute the flute! My parents demanded 30 minutes of practice a day. They didn't say what music I had to use. The band stuff was lame. I riffed off the radio (remember those?) and jammed my ass off. And was told at 15 that I had one of the best ears that my PhD teacher had ever known. Duggars? Well...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Salute the flute! My parents demanded 30 minutes of practice a day. They didn't say what music I had to use. The band stuff was lame. I riffed off the radio (remember those?) and jammed my ass off. And was told at 15 that I had one of the best ears that my PhD teacher had ever known. Duggars? Well...

Sitting on the park bench

Eyeing little girls with -- oh, hell. We all know the lyrics.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nightwish has an amazing flute/tin whistle/ and Uillean pipes player...it gives their symphonic metal another dimension to add to the mix of rock/metal, operatic vocals, and classical vibe. Gives some of the numbers a Celtic/elfin/fantasy flavor (Over the Hills and Far Away/ Gesthemane/ Into the Wild)

You don't hear the flute often in rock or pop...Land Down Under by Men at Work..Those curious can YouTube 

Its very underutilized, because for the right song, it's magical.

Music is one of mankind's greatest achievements. I can't imagine a life where my father pulled all the batteries out of my musical toys so I couldn't dance and only let me listen to only boring religious or instrumental or classical music without a beat or the word dance or waltz in the title.  Aaaaaaaaand most of that music badly played on out of tune church pianos with manic thumping and over the top embellishments or screechy violins or the Rodriguii traveling minstrel show.

The Duggar kids have missed out on so much of popular culture. I felt sorry for Jessa who'd never been to a concert, not even a Christian recording artist. Plenty of evangelical Christians allow their kids to go to public school and trade schools or colleges, have friends of other faiths, listen to mainstream music and watch movies as long as the content is clean, wear jeans, and date without chaperones.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

Sitting on a park bench

Planning out his sly intents

Josh-u-a

Chick Fil A crumbs up his nose....

Posted a version in Parodies a while back on pg 9 or 10 I think....

• Love 8

Ha ha @Aja....great minds think alike,

Aqualung is actually about the plight of the homeless. Andersons's wife at the time was a photography student and photographed them for a school project. They were very socially and politically aware through their music.

I wish the Duggs were socially aware and had a shred of emotional intelligence. Bin seems to try the hardest of all of them to participate in mainstream culture.

That clip of him rapping on last nights show was truly one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen, didn't see the original, but at least he realizes he doesn't have the talent to be a recording artist or a rapper. This is huge because the Dillydumdums can't and won't acknowledge that they aren't good at being missionaries...heck, they aren't even good at missioncationing.

• Love 1

The most beautiful sounds I've ever heard are the flute being played in the middle of the night in an almost empty behemoth European train station.  There I was sitting on the ground up again a wall with my stuff trying to rest and out of nowhere came this sound.......omg, awesome.  So glad that fellow traveler was there that night.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ha ha @Aja....great minds think alike,

Aqualung is actually about the plight of the homeless. Andersons's wife at the time was a photography student and photographed them for a school project. They were very socially and politically aware through their music.

I wish the Duggs were socially aware and had a shred of emotional intelligence. Bin seems to try the hardest of all of them to participate in mainstream culture.

That clip of him rapping on last nights show was truly one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen, didn't see the original, but at least he realizes he doesn't have the talent to be a recording artist or a rapper. This is huge because the Dillydumdums can't and won't acknowledge that they aren't good at being missionaries...heck, they aren't even good at missioncationing.

I wonder if Bin has ever heard any non-Christian/gospel rap.

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if Bin has ever heard any non-Christian/gospel rap.

He probably has, but in order to keep being supported by Jim Boob, he has to say he found it repugnant.  Sort of like the time the Duggettes encountered spiked punch or didn't know it was alcoholic to begin with and pronounced it "disgusting".

On 1/23/2017 at 7:49 PM, GeeGolly said:

Jethro Tull is what I think of.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:34 AM, Aja said:

my girl *fist bump*

12 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

12 hours ago, Aja said:

Aqualung is sort of a Josh-esque song, really.

Goddamn it.  I knew it was going to come to this the minute someone brought up the name Jethro.  I have a very fraught relationship with Tull and Aqua Lung.  

Seriously though, the thought of marble-mouthed Bin trying to rap is just ... well, I want Chuck D to show up and shut him the #$%^ down. 

4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He probably has, but in order to keep being supported by Jim Boob, he has to say he found it repugnant.  Sort of like the time the Duggettes encountered spiked punch or didn't know it was alcoholic to begin with and pronounced it "disgusting".

*sips*

"Yes, Daddy, it's disgusting."  

*waits for Jim Bob to turn away*

*shotguns down half a gallon.*

• Love 9

Bin and Jeremy need to live in the same town and minister all over the place. A show devoted to those two couples without the Deranged Dullards, Sad Anna, the Village Idiot Joy, What Could Have Been Jana, The Boob Crew, and the Orphan Workforce, would be much more fun to watch. Keeping the show on the compound is just watching reruns. They jumped the shark long ago, but 'what kind of cheese is Jinger' was the end. When Jinger can't carry a season, a wedding season, it's time to review the production, editing and break the template.

• Love 4

Yes, they clearly jumped the shark with all this shampoo, rinse, repeat template of courtship marriage baby and what cheese/animal/city...etc is which sibling? Really wish they'd wait until they do something interesting rather than fill an hour with...ummmmms....giggles...dumb looks...rehashes..

VSEs or catching up with the Duggars would be fine by me. They're okay in small doses, and dare I say, even more likeable.

• Love 1