Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jessa is just a vain control freak and didn't want anything ugly or embarrassing to be filmed. Heaven forbid she sweat or poop, and it be permanent internet fodder. 

Can you blame her after TLC televised Anna giving birth on the shitter, the episode where most of the clan were puking due to motion sickness, Derick's jaw surgery...

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Did we see that? I thought Derick's jaw and general health was sort of a big mystery beyond he needed to get his mouth aligned.

Yes...it was on..didn't show much but still, I wouldn't have wanted footage of me groggy, and looking like crap.

• Love 1

Jason is only 16 and the house costs $33k, Jana gets a six figure strip mall Maybe victim #5's lawsuit forces Jim Bob to Divest a bit so he doesn't have so many assests? It's oviously some kid of financial game afoot.

• Love 10

I wonder if they have the correct kid. It is super complicated to have a minor own property even if buying with cash. Houses have titles and minors can't sign contracts so selling it is just as complicated.

Oops, just saw @Lady Edith's post.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if they have the correct kid. It is super complicated to have a minor own property even if buying with cash. Houses have titles and minor can't sign contracts so selling it is just as complicated.

Oops, just saw @Lady Edith's post.

Great minds and all that.  ?

I wonder if Jim Bob is holding it in trust for Jason until he turns 18?  

I'm still SMH as to why a 16-year-old would want to buy a house.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if the 5th victim of Smuggar is suing Blob?

I don't know, but something is up. Boob is a control freak. There's no way he's dropping cash on properties and deeding them to his kids out of the goodness of his heart. Maybe there's rumors swirling in their social circles that the fifth victim is going to file a civil suit. Since Joshley was a minor at the time of his crimes, victims would go after the parents, right? I'm also interested as to why Jason "bought" the house and not one of the adult male children such as Si, Joe, Jer, Jed or JD. Why choose the 16 year-old? I'm not a lawyer or a financial guru, so I can't think of any scenario that makes sense.

• Love 4

Jim Bob is one thing and that is SHREWD.  I agree with the above poster...no way is he just giving away money and houses.

That freak Josh probably has another scandal coming. 

Could it be for tax purposes? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jim Bob is one thing and that is SHREWD.  I agree with the above poster...no way is he just giving away money and houses.

That freak Josh probably has another scandal coming. 

Could it be for tax purposes? 

If it was for tax purposes, wouldn't he have done it before the end of the year?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know, but something is up. Boob is a control freak. There's no way he's dropping cash on properties and deeding them to his kids out of the goodness of his heart. Maybe there's rumors swirling in their social circles that the fifth victim is going to file a civil suit. Since Joshley was a minor at the time of his crimes, victims would go after the parents, right? 

The statute of limitations ran out on a criminal case, didn't it? One wonders if KJB's homeowner's insurance is about to be the recipient of a nice big civil suit.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jessa is just a vain control freak and didn't want anything ugly or embarrassing to be filmed. Heaven forbid she sweat or poop, and it be permanent internet fodder. 

Well, geez, all she has to do then is go to a LEGITIMATE hospital, which won't allow filming or a film crew in the delivery room. Duh.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

The statute of limitations ran out on a criminal case, didn't it? One wonders if KJB's homeowner's insurance is about to be the recipient of a nice big civil suit.

I believe it did, yes. I wonder if there's other skeletons that haven't come to light. For example, a victim that wasn't mentioned in the original police report may be threatening to go public unless they settle out of court. The Duggars may have already paid off people we don't even know about. A situation like that would certainly motivate them to start hiding assets.

• Love 6

On why KJB would deed a house to 16yo Jason, maybe bc Jason is still under KJB's thumb and is easy to control. Why else skip over JD, Joe, Si & some other random Js in favor of Jason? Gotta keep the control.

• Love 3
On 1/17/2017 at 8:57 PM, Marigold said:

I don't know much about financial stuff but I think Jim Bob is trying to unload cash and put stuff in other people's names. 

That or he's trying to give all of the kids who are adults or approaching majority independent income streams. (Perhaps he was contemplating his own mortality and realized he was burdening the world with a horde of helpless, senseless idiots?  Nah, he lacks that sort of perspicacity.) The house looks like the type of pit I would have rented when I was in college or just fresh out of it.  Some basic carpentry and other home repairs can have it rental ready in under a month.  Either way, it'll be an earner for him and/or Jason.  JB and his mother deal a lot in this sort of real estate, so it's really not all that surprising.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

On why KJB would deed a house to 16yo Jason, maybe bc Jason is still under KJB's thumb and is easy to control. Why else skip over JD, Joe, Si & some other random Js in favor of Jason? Gotta keep the control.

Don't the other boys already have trades though?  One of them is a pilot, one of them has a towing business, one of them has a car lot.  JB's already invested in them.  This is the son who will be his property manager and then take over the real estate empire.

• Love 2

I really hope that Jim Bob is actually setting up his sons to have jobs and businesses etc.    It is possible...Jim Bob has held many jobs over the years before TLC took over.  Maybe he realizes they need to be able to do something?  

Ugh, I think I said something nice about Jim Bob.  Gross. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I really hope that Jim Bob is actually setting up his sons to have jobs and businesses etc.    It is possible...Jim Bob has held many jobs over the years before TLC took over.  Maybe he realizes they need to be able to do something?  

Ugh, I think I said something nice about Jim Bob.  Gross. 

Maybe he has rediscovered his Gothard roots, or at least has taken to listening to Dave Ramsey.  We know Jilly Muffin and Derick Dullard enjoy romantic dinners to Dave's dulcet tones telling them to never finance new cars.

• Love 1

Josh has nothing and probably never will.  Ben and Derick look pretty shaky on what they will accomplish. 

Maybe Jim Bob had an "aha!" moment and is stepping up his game with the sons.  He also has to marry them off...the boys need something to offer. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

How much money can a 16 year old working for Daddy doing construction have actually saved? I doubt Boob pays that well. 

Boob strikes me as a guy who hates unions & union wages.

• Love 8

Could it be another FU interwebz? Your public-school children are learning to swear, play 'Stairway to Heaven' and sell their souls to SATAN while our precious, obedient little angels are buying property at age 16, for example.

• Love 2

I'm guessing that any family kidult or kidolescent who appears on the show, and does the couch interviews, gets paid for their trouble. Jason has had 2 seasons, he was in about half of the episodes. $33,000 sounds reasonable. Jana has been in all 3 seasons, and in every episode. $100,000 seems barely okayish for her participation. 

• Love 1

I dunno. I doubt they're got paid the big bucks for those first two seasons, primarily based on the fact they had very limited sponsorship. And if they even made $25,000/episode, that pie had to be split up between how many kidults even BEFORE you get to someone like Jason, who appears here and there and may have had two talking heads? 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Can Jason buy the house, then donate it to the rumored new church they could possibly be building? That way the 'Church' owns it, but pastor Jim Bob is still the de facto owner.

Blob and Jason both have to donate it because both of their names are on it.

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I lean toward the house being a flip. Maybe Jason and Boob split profits? How much money can a 16 year old working for Daddy doing construction have actually saved? I doubt Boob pays that well. 

If I  was looking into a Blob house i would get atleast 3 inspections.

• Love 3

Ok so this isn't about the Dynamic Duo directly, but it kinda is...

Does anyone follow Fake Michelle Duggar on Instagram?  I don't go on often and wanted to check it just now.  It's coming up "user not found"  of somesuch.  

• Love 1