Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

So a Christian paper leads with that headline and  has obviously not spoken to the couple, just read their instagram wedding photo captions.   And has nothing to substantiate that rumor?   I don't read 'news' sites that have no basis in truth whatsoever.  Now, forums such as ours are different.   We freely admit we are guessing and speculating. 

• Love 3

I wish someone would tap her on the shoulder and tell her to wipe some of it off. She kinda reminds me of Kylie Jenner.

maybe it is her way of expressing her individuality in a bland family. i do agree she wears too much but i would rather she keep her uniqueness. ;-)

• Love 4

I don't like the make-up either, but I do like that her made up look isn't the same as the other sisters. Sure, raccoon eyes are a little silly, but given that she doesn't even have an outfit to call her own, it's ok with me if her eyeliner is the only way she can express herself rather than just give up.

• Love 7

Article about Jinger's 21st birthday.    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-celebrates-21st-birthday-as-family-sends-sweet-tributes-20142212

Nice little lecture about the evils of drinking. And Jill, the reasons why you were with the fire department was to keep an eye on your brothers and for another FU!!! to the heathens calling your parents out for not letting the girls do anything besides taking care of the siblings. I hate it when they try to pretend they are helping others out when all they are doing are being major famewhores at the expense of others.

Nothing shocking here with the Duggars shunning Anna's single parent sister.  What's creepy is the last line: “[Jim Bob] has his radar up for any hint of rebellion.”  These kids/adults will never have a life of their own making based on their own choices.  JB controls it all, it seems.  Behind his creepy smile is an even creepier man. 

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/duggars-shun-pregnant-susanna-keller/ 

In all fairness, we don't know how Jim Bob feels about Anna's sister. That article is pure speculation without so much as a quote from the Duggar patriarch.

• Love 1

I got 85% Who knew Jessa was a heavy burden for Michelle from the start. ;^)

From one "Duggar super fan" to another -congrats - I got 85% too. On the music question, I thought they all learned the violin, not the piano, but it wasn't a choice.

• Love 2

More rumors of a Jill-Jessa feud.  This one is because Jill is pregnant and all Jessa wants is a positive pregnancy test for Christmas.  Talk of Jill stealing Jessa's thunder, etc.  I don't buy it.

For your reading pleasure: http://www.ibtimes.com/jessa-duggar-jealous-over-sister-jill-duggars-pregnancy-wants-baby-ben-seewald-1764822 

I don't buy it either. For one thing, I think most of the jealousy has been on Jill's side, not Jessa's. Even though Jill got married and pregnant first, Jessa is still considered the hotter sister with the cuter husband. IMO, Jessa is the type to be competitive over beauty, not babies. I think Jessa will get pregnant quickly by virtue of the fact that she's having loads of unprotected sex, but I don't think she's obsessing over it the way Jill, Michelle and Anna have done.

92%. I bombed on the house price, thinking it included the land (the way it was worded, it could have gone either way). Even so, I picked the closest option, so I don't feel *that* bad. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

85 percent and I really get mad at this show. I've been really ill this evening and I've been in ICU twice this year. My chances of getting a life are wearing down. I really need to rethink where I place my priorities.

I got 69% as well...I got the house price wrong thinking it was closer to what it would have cost them out of pocket without TLC's involvement, and also probably factoring land costs into there though I hadn't consciously thought about that. I still think the second-highest choice out of that list would be closer.

Not a bad score, though, considering I have yet to watch an actual episode of the show.

Article about Jinger's 21st birthday.    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jinger-duggar-celebrates-21st-birthday-as-family-sends-sweet-tributes-20142212

Nice little lecture about the evils of drinking. And Jill, the reasons why you were with the fire department was to keep an eye on your brothers and for another FU!!! to the heathens calling your parents out for not letting the girls do anything besides taking care of the siblings. I hate it when they try to pretend they are helping others out when all they are doing are being major famewhores at the expense of others.

Since when did modern Christians become more righteous than Jesus? He drank wine. Hell, it flows in his veins. /s  

Also, you can OD from water. If you don't want to drink, just don't drink. Don't be so self righteous about it.

• Love 6

In all fairness, we don't know how Jim Bob feels about Anna's sister. That article is pure speculation without so much as a quote from the Duggar patriarch.

I call bullshit on a story that is 2 years old and how dare Boob pass judgement on a girl that is not his?

Oh and Boob this is what happens when you don't allow your kids any freedom they rebel.

Link to an approx. 4 minute video on the Duggar Family's Christmas.  

http://www.people.com/article/19-kids-and-counting-duggar-family-christmas-video

At the end, they all sing......who's the guy in the back (next to John David) with the beard?

I'm wondering too! Is it Famy's new man??

Since when did modern Christians become more righteous than Jesus? He drank wine. Hell, it flows in his veins. /s  

Also, you can OD from water. If you don't want to drink, just don't drink. Don't be so self righteous about it.

As a wine-swiling Christian I have asked some of these self-righteous Christians about this very thing. Haven't heard a good response yet. There is a difference between drinking and getting drunk. The differentiation is made in the Bible. This is just another symptom of the Duggars forgetting that Jesus is the center of Christianity, not your ability to create and follow the most "righteous' rules.

• Love 3

The most consistent thing about the Duggars seems to be that they lack self control with ANYTHING. They are unnecessarily severe in all they do and in all they don't do. They constantly site comparisons like enjoying ONE alcoholic beverage with getting out of control drunk and driving and the unthinkable happening. They don't have any boundaries in their decision making and their actions. I believe that's why they live to restrictively; to reduce their chances of "going wild".

• Love 7

Link to an approx. 4 minute video on the Duggar Family's Christmas.  

http://www.people.com/article/19-kids-and-counting-duggar-family-christmas-video

At the end, they all sing......who's the guy in the back (next to John David) with the beard?

That's "KingDillPickle," Famy's new/old man. I'm surprised the Duggars allowed this; he's just been back in her life for a month or so. Does Famy have a thread, or is she lumped in with the "other" Duggars? I can post the story there if anyone cares. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

That's "KingDillPickle," Famy's new/old man. I'm surprised the Duggars allowed this; he's just been back in her life for a month or so. Does Famy have a thread, or is she lumped in with the "other" Duggars? I can post the story there if anyone cares. 

I think Amy goes under "The Other Duggar Kids and Grandma" I'd like you to post it. 

Regarding the Christmas video - oh my! Just what I want from my neighbors is a gift basket with a bible, banana & some candy. I guess it's the Duggar version of Harry & David's. Of course, MEchelle dodged the answer of why they don't have a Christmas tree. (Besides little ones getting into it?) I don't understand how a Christmas tree is going against their beliefs if that is why they don't have one. I noticed Derick, Jill & Baby Dill bump are right up front when the group is singing. I could go on with more snarking but it is Christmas Eve.

Can't wait to read about Amy's man.

• Love 1

My favorite part is how Mechelle pontificates about Luke and not having a Christmas tree, yet in the center of the kitchen island, the centerpiece contains THREE CHRISTMAS TREES! LMAO! 

I also just can't with Smuggar's (Christ)mas hoodie. We KNOW already! 

• Love 4

My favorite part is how Mechelle pontificates about Luke and not having a Christmas tree, yet in the center of the kitchen island, the centerpiece contains THREE CHRISTMAS TREES! LMAO!

I also just can't with Smuggar's (Christ)mas hoodie. We KNOW already!

Yes, I noticed the three trees too. Hypocrites to the nth degree. Edited by Joe Jitsu913