Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

(edited)

Paula Patton. Absolutely gorgeous woman. I just watched MI:Ghost Protocol and WOW, the scene in India where she is wearing that green dress! Or the scene when she is in hand to hand combat with the other agent, or any scene that she is in. . . .

Yeah Robin Thicke is an idiot.  I'm a straight woman but I'd take her out to dinner just to look across the table at her.

Edited by Ohwell
(edited)

Despite the fact that he's apparently a major asshat, Alex Pettfyer is so pretty!

As is Zac Efron; he's really matured very nicely since "High School Musical".

And I also dig Brenton Thwaites, and [of course] Kellan Lutz and Chris Evans. (As an aside, if you haven't seen "Snowpiercer" do so! Sadly, no shirtlessness, but Chris Evans is all kindas buff and scruffy and action-hero throughout the entire film.)

Edited by ShadowDenizen

Idris Elba- the walk of confidence

Starting in my childhood:

Matt Dillon in The Outsiders

Rob Lowe in anything

Adolfo Quinones (Ozone) in Breakin and Breakin II Electric Boogaloo

Omar Epps (but only in Love and Basketball)

George Clooney, espcecially in Out of Sight and Ocean's Elevan

Idris Elba in anything

Morris Chestnut in anything

• Love 1

Chris Evans. (As an aside, if you haven't seen "Snowpiercer" do so! Sadly, no shirtlessness, but Chris Evans is all kindas buff and scruffy and action-hero throughout the entire film.)

This. Chris Evans as Captain America is dreamy, but I'm all about Chris with a beard. 

a5b82fb96c17b857af6399f7e8bdf10c.jpg

• Love 4

I think it's kind of a shame the rom-coms didn't work out for Chris Evans. Granted, he didn't wow me in The Nanny Diaries but I feel like he could have had one or two solid romantic comedies to join the canon. He has the charm and the looks. It'd be a shame for most people to forget that playful side of his acting with his role as Captain America.

• Love 2

And I also dig Brenton Thwaites, and [of course] Kellan Lutz and Chris Evans. (As an aside, if you haven't seen "Snowpiercer" do so! Sadly, no shirtlessness, but Chris Evans is all kindas buff and scruffy and action-hero throughout the entire film.)

This. Chris Evans as Captain America is dreamy, but I'm all about Chris with a beard.

Yeah, despite the disturbing circumstances of his character, Chris Evans in Snowpiercer is smokin'. I definitely prefer him all bearded up. His take on Captain America appeals to me because of the inherent decency and modesty of Steve Rogers, but physically, he doesn't really do it for me as Captain America.

I really liked his look during The Winter Soldier promotion.  Clean shaven Chris is handsome, but bearded Chris is definitely, "Yes, please, and keep it coming."

• Love 1

I have quite  a few long-running crushes--

Brad Pitt - ever since Legends of the Fall and reinforced years later with Oceans Eleven.

James Marsden - ever since Disturbing Behavior. He's only gotten better with age.

Antonio Banderas - ever since Desperado.

Timothy Olyphant - ever since Go.

And Bruce Willis - ever since Pulp Fiction.

More recent crushes are Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, thanks to Inception and Tom Cullen, thanks to Weekend.

• Love 1
(edited)

Morris Chestnut in The Best Man: that first 30 seconds he's on screen when he walks into the restaurant is the best he's EVER looked; I saw that movie with my father and let out an audible "Damn!" in the theater...that was kind of embarassing

Dennis Haysburt as Pedro Serrano in Major League (1 & 2)

Omar Epps but only in Juice

John Travolta in Get Shorty (yet he was very un-sexy in the sequel, Be Cool)

I didn't "get" Brad Pitt until Se7en ...yeah, David Mills could get it lol

Idris Elba but before he really got into film...Stringer Bell is what got me interested in The Wire in the first place

Mark Wahlberg in the mid-late 90's/early 2000's...not sure how it happened but nowadays I find Donnie Wahlberg way sexier

Almost forgot to add Matthew McConaughey particularly in A Time To Kill...just beautiful

Edited by spaceytraci1208
  • Love 1

I had a friend from England who was living here for a while and she loved Brad Pitt and a few other American male actors.  I was looking at the posters of them on her wall and she said "It must be something in your water.  The men here are so gorgeous."  :)

• Love 1

Is double posting allowed?  Apologies if I missed that rule.  Anyway:

Eric Dane was never on my radar because I saw so few of his movies, nor did I watch Grey's Anatomy, but now I'm watching The Last Ship and, wow.  Just....wow.

Argo re-ignited my adolescent crush on Ben Affleck. Man has aged like a fine wine.

It's all about That Beard.

Eric Dane was never on my radar because I saw so few of his movies,  nor did I watch Grey's Anatomy, but now I'm watching The Last Ship, and wow. Just...wow.

Since this is the Movie Crush thread, I agree that ED is hot and was hot in Valentine's Day.

• Love 1

Argo re-ignited my adolescent crush on Ben Affleck. Man has aged like a fine wine.

It's all about That Beard.

Yup!  I also liked the shaggy hair.  Probably one of the few things left over from my 70s childhood and 80s teen years :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Paula Patton. Absolutely gorgeous woman. I just watched MI:Ghost Protocol and WOW, the scene in India where she is wearing that green dress! Or the scene when she is in hand to hand combat with the other agent, or any scene that she is in. . . . 

See, I can't figure out how someone that lovely can have so little sex appeal.    It's weird. 

I have had a crush on Ed Harris since The Abyss. He's just so manly.  

Edited by midge
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think Meta Golding has a similar look to Paula Patton but I think she's sexy as hell. (Well, as a woman can be sexy to a gay man.) Too bad Enobaria was barely seen in the Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Theo James in Divergent. Yowzer. Weirdly enough, as cute as Ansel Elgort is, I didn't crush on him until he was Augustus Waters.

Also, Nicholas Hoult as R in Warm Bodies. What a fucking beautiful guy. Jennifer Lawrence is so lucky.

I'm also finding Dave Franco very cute in that short, boyish Justin Bartha sidekick kind of way. He was talking about how much he loved doing Now You See Me because he's sick of playing high school/college guys.

Edited by methodwriter85

Theo James in Divergent. Yowzer. Weirdly enough, as cute as Ansel Elgort is, I didn't crush on him until he was Augustus Waters.

Hell yes! Theo James was the only reason I could tolerate Divergent. I totally agree with what you say about Ansel as well. 

• Love 1

Benjamin Bratt was fine in Demolition Man  and Miss Congeniality and he was by far the best thing about Catwoman.  His performance in Pinero, about the late actor/writer who was one of the founders of the "Nuyorican" movement, shows that he can act as good as he looks.

(edited)

I think it's kind of a shame the rom-coms didn't work out for Chris Evans. Granted, he didn't wow me in The Nanny Diaries but I feel like he could have had one or two solid romantic comedies to join the canon. He has the charm and the looks.

aradia22,  you should check out the movie he did with Anna Faris.  I **think** it's called What's My Number?  It is a silly, rainy day kind of flick and he's pretty good in it.  Plus, he's half naked for most of it (seriously, it's a part of his character...thank you director).  You can totally get his silly humor coming through. 

jazzygem, how did I forget Timothy Olyphant?!  Yes!  He's not only fine and a great actor, but he is very funny.  Check out his talk show appearances...always silly. 

Bastet and dolleyes, Ben Bratt is a good call.  I've very much enjoyed seeing him as Javier on Modern Family.  He truly has gotten finer with age. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 1

jazzygem, how did I forget Timothy Olyphant?!  Yes!  He's not only fine and a great actor, but he is very funny.  Check out his talk show appearances...always silly. 

I love watching him do interviews. He is hilarious! 

Taye Diggs is a fine specimen of a human being, having an almost perfect (in my eyes) body and a very sexy voice.  Not that I wish the ill of divorce on anyone, him and Idina are split.  Could there be a chance for me?  ::giggle::

• Love 2
(edited)

I second anyone who said George Clooney.

My friend and I saw alot of crappy movies just because he was in them. I saw Oceans 13 on TV the other night again! Hot damn! (The whole movie itself is sleek but my goodness, he's just gorgeous!)

I actually wrote a paper on him freshman year in college so that was about 10 years ago. He doesn't look any different or sound any different from all that time.

Oh and Ryan Gosling. Really no reason other than SO pretty (he can act though) but I'm mad he's not with Rachel. Ugh, why!

And old school Cary Grant and Montgomery Clift. They were just so handsome and put together. Montgomery before the fall was such a presence and it's sad to know how hard he fell. He could have been so amazing for so MANY years.

Edited by emjohnson03
  • Love 2
And old school Cary Grant and Montgomery Clift.

Could not agree more re: Monty Clift. What a gorgeous, gorgeous man. He and Elizabeth Taylor together in a A Place in the Sun were almost more than the screen could take, they were so perfect together. 

• Love 2

Montgomery Clift was stunningly handsome and not even all that bad looking after the accident.  

When George Clooney had the long, curly hair -- great hair, even if it was essentially a mullet - he was smokin' hot.  Once he got the Caesar cut, my ardor cooled considerably. 

Montgomery Clift was stunningly handsome and not even all that bad looking after the accident.  

When George Clooney had the long, curly hair -- great hair, even if it was essentially a mullet - he was smokin' hot.  Once he got the Caesar cut, my ardor cooled considerably. 

@harrie - how about this?

• Love 2

George Clooney is another one of my favorites, with the Caesar cut (ER, From Dusk Till Dawn), without (Three Kings, The Perfect Storm, Out of Sight) or somewhere in between (the Oceans movies, Up In the Air, The Descendants). Even when he looked like Santa Claus' brother in  Syriana, I still found him hot.

• Love 2

Well George Clooney does nothing for me (ducks head) but I do love me some Matt Damon. Especially Jason Bourne Matt Damon. I was a little on the obsessed side for quite a while. I was watching The Majestic for the first time and nearly lost my mind just hearing Matt Damon's voice.

Agree about Montgomery Clift, my main reason for loving Red River.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought Jason Bourne Matt Damon was hot; then he had to go and open his mouth discussing politics.  I disagreed and that affected how I felt about him from then on.  I actually wish these actors would keep their opinions to themselves, even the ones I agree with.  Just do your job, like I do mine.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

I have no problem with actors discussing their political beliefs, as long as they use their powers for good,  Clooney, Pitt and Damon do, IMO.

Chris Pratt is another crush. He's cute, funny, can act and Guardians Of the Galaxy showed that he can be SLAM (Sexy Like A Mofo).

• Love 3

I'm adding Chris Pratt to my Marvel movie crushes.  Now if they could just get Chris Pine in a movie, I'd be all set.

I'm waiting for this. I would find it utterly delightful for Marvel to be able to say 'We own ALL the sexy Chrises!!'

• Love 4

Hell yes! Theo James was the only reason I could tolerate Divergent. I totally agree with what you say about Ansel as well.

Theo James in Divergent was an out of body experience. His natural accent is sexy as hell as well. I am fanning myself.

• Love 1

Eleven years ago, a younger Stargazer stumbled on a wee little movie called Calendar Girls, which came out on my birthday FYI, and promptly fell ass-over-teakettle into crushdom with Helen Mirren, who was totally unfamiliar at the time. And I still regret nothing.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4

I find that there's something so oddly attractive and wonderful about Aidan Quinn. He's never had that "it" factor to become a major star, but there's such an air of everyday masculinity and reliability I think is immensely appealing. Plus, those gorgeous baby blues don't hurt, either. I watched Benny and Joon, and as pretty as Johnny Depp was, I couldn't tear my eyes from Quinn.

• Love 4
I'm adding Chris Pratt to my  Marvel movie crushes. Now if they could just get Chris Pine to be in a movie, I'd be all set.

I'm waiting for this. I would find it utterly delightful for Marvel to be able to say, "We own ALL the sexy Chrises!"

Imagine Marvel's new motto: "All sexy Chrises, all the time, so suck it, DC Comics!"

I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire the other day and two more for my crush list are Sam Clafin and Lenny Kravitz. Clafin's Finnick has that mischievous charm (and a nice chest) while Kravitz is even hotter than ever, and given his track record, that's impressive. Looking at Kravitz, it's no wonder that 50 (!) is considered a Golden age.

• Love 3

After taking a look at the November Man trailer in the trailer thread, I have to say Pierce Brosnan is aging WELL.  That man looks fantastic.

Also pretty famously a loyal husband and wonderful adoptive father, so he's got more than just a pretty face going on.

• Love 7
Also pretty famously a loyal husband and wonderful adoptive father, so he's got more than just a pretty face going on.

And an animal lover, who adopts rather than buys and helps low-cost spay/neuter programs (he provided the artwork for California's "Pet Lovers" license plate).

Oh dear lord, now I love him more.  

• Love 4

Yeah Robin Thicke is an idiot. 

Wait wait wait -- that's who his ex-wife is?! He's even dumber than I thought.

Imagine Marvel's new motto: "All sexy Chrises, all the time, so suck it, DC Comics!"

"ALL YOUR CHRIS ARE BELONG TO US!"

• Love 2