Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

I just mentioned Blazing Saddles in a different thread, and it brought back my early crush on Gene Wilder as the Waco Kid. Weird I know, but he was so cool in that movie. I'll go back to my cave now :)

• Love 3

Men: Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Chris Hemsworth, Sebastian Stan, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Jude Law (in The Holiday!) and in a few more years, Zac Efron.

Women: Rachel McAdams, Emily Blunt, Emma Stone, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner, Penelope Cruz, Sandra Bullock, Kate Hudson, and Michelle Williams.

All Time: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Christopher Plummer, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Ava Gardner.

• Love 1

Men:

Robert Downey Jr.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Hugh Jackman

Harrison Ford(circa Indiana Jones)

Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Chris Pine

Ryan Reynolds (Best body by far)

21slid1.jpg

Women:

Emma Stone

Mila Kunis

Rachel Bilson

Scarlett Johansson

Emily Blunt (Edge Of Tomorrow)

Sandra Bullock

• Love 1

Ahhh...there could be a whole thread called sexy but not conventionally attractive: Jeff Goldblum, Don Cheadle (I know!), I could go on and on.

I thought Jeff Goldblum was hot in Independence Day and I fell for Don Cheadle in Out Of Sight

Watching Tommy Lee Jones in Lonesome Dove right now.  He was a sexy, crusty ol' bastard who wouldn't admit his love his son or the "whore" who bore him.  I so wanted to soothe him and help him release all that pent-up anger. :) 

• Love 2

Santiago Cabrera really is a beautiful man, it's a shame I don't see him in more projects. I've only seen DJ in the GI Joe sequel (it's free on Amazon Prime and I was bored), and that linked pic does him much more justice than the film.  Plus, his acting wasn't...great.  Then again, no one else's was, either.

For DJ Cotrona goodness, i highly recommend From Dusk Till Dawn, the series. For Santiago: The Musketeers (BBC). He's mighty fine there.

Toby Stephens caught my eye in one awful Bond ;) He is in the same "basket" as Eddie Redmayne for me. Unconventionally handsome, sort of interesting to look at and a damn good actor.

For DJ Cotrona goodness, i highly recommend From Dusk Till Dawn, the series. For Santiago: The Musketeers (BBC). He's mighty fine there.

Toby Stephens caught my eye in one awful Bond ;) He is in the same "basket" as Eddie Redmayne for me. Unconventionally handsome, sort of interesting to look at and a damn good actor.

I confirm the hotness of those men in both those shows. I am a mod for both those shows forums we have on here.

Toby Stephens is attractive and while I liked Fassbender's Mr Rochester. Stephens was in one of the most faithful Jane Eyre adaptations with Ruth Wilson. Recommend if you want to see him.

• Love 2

Larenz Tate in Love Jones. He's soooo short, but he's adorable

Matt Damon just gets better with age

On the unconventional front, I love Benicio Del Toro (I still get mad at what they did to his eyebrows in The Usual Suspects...he looked ridiculous)

I had a mad crush on Matthew Lillard for awhile after Scream came out

I love me some Ice Cube...once he cut that Jheri Curl and learned to smile, he had me

I had a mad crush on Matthew Lillard for awhile after Scream came out

For me, it was Skeet Ulrich, and I must say he still did it for me recently when I caught him in an episode of L&O: SVU in syndication.  Of course, it's largely because he's reminiscent of Johnny Depp, and I love me some Johnny Depp.

(edited)

I think Matthew Lillard still looks pretty good. Did you catch him in The Descendants as the cheatin' husband?

If we're talking 90's movie teen stars...Wes Bentley as Ricky in American Beauty. God, I was in love with him and his crazy, stalker eyes. It's a shame a crippling drug addiction derailed his career for a decade.

Edited by methodwriter85

Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans was brutally, painfully hot. Seriously, looking at him hurt he was so beautiful.

I've been in love with Harrison Ford ever since 1977 when Han Solo entered my life. I will never, ever be sorry for this. For that matter, Indiana Jones is something right out of a fantasy, too. Temple of Doom is my absolute least favorite Indy movie (yes, I consider it to be worse that the Crystal Skull) but Harrison Ford is so hot at that point that I watch it anyway just for him. Holy crap that movie is bad, though.

The Avenging Chrises are doing it for me big time these days. That's Hemsworth and Evans. Those boys are a pleasure to watch.

I am in full on lust with Jeremy Irons' voice.

Classics? I totally concur with Cary Grant and Fred Astaire. Astaire is pure fantasy, art deco musical romance. Basically, I want to be wearing those gowns and floating around the room in those arms. But Cary Grant? SWOON. Pure swoon.

• Love 1
Astaire is pure fantasy, art deco musical romance. Basically, I want to be wearing those gowns and floating around the room in those arms.

I don't know why, but this line is so awesome.  Art deco musical romance.

So true, so true.

I've been in love with Harrison Ford ever since 1977 when Han Solo entered my life. I will never, ever be sorry for this. For that matter, Indiana Jones is something right out of a fantasy, too. Temple of Doom is my absolute least favorite Indy movie (yes, I consider it to be worse that the Crystal Skull) but Harrison Ford is so hot at that point that I watch it anyway just for him. Holy crap that movie is bad, though.

I am in full on lust with Jeremy Irons' voice.

Harrison Ford in Temple of Doom is some next level hotness! The stubble, that tan, those arms... yes, please. Also, I lust after Jeremy Irons --period. The whole package is sexy beyond the telling. Even now, I have no idea how old he is, but I would still hit that.

I just saw Wolf of Wall Street (meh), and even though he just had a supporting role, I was reminded of how good Kyle Chandler looks in a suit. And those eyes, yowza. He's had some great small parts in some well received movies in the last couple of years. I'd love to see him in some larger roles so he's just on the screen more, ha.

• Love 7

Daniel Day-Lewis in Last of the Mohicans was brutally, painfully hot. Seriously, looking at him hurt he was so beautiful.

There are just not enough likes for this sentence. How much do I love Daniel Day-Lewis as Nathaniel? I watched, the bluray whatever cut, of this movie, no less than 20 times. Back-to-back-back. Because that bluray restored 95% of what that horrid director's cut dvd cut out from the original theatrical release.  One of these days, I want the original theatrical release on bluray, because I so miss those three lines that were cut--when he and Duncan first get into each others' faces, the snark during the canoe fight, and...well, this clearly isn't the thread for this, so I'll stop right here.

• Love 4

I just saw Wolf of Wall Street (meh), and even though he just had a supporting role, I was reminded of how good Kyle Chandler looks in a suit. And those eyes, yowza. He's had some great small parts in some well received movies in the last couple of years. I'd love to see him in some larger roles so he's just on the screen more, ha.

He was the best thing about 2005's King Kong

(edited)
I don't remember much from Cat on the Hot Tin Roof other than how damn good looking Newman and Taylor were.

THIS. This, this, this. So much this. Paul Newman was just...guh!...in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. I don't blame poor Maggie for wanting to jump ol' Brick's hot bones there.

And okay, while the movie ending was a complete bastardization of the play (I enjoy the movie as a simple tortured romance that has the same name of the play and characters, so it works for me that way!), the way Brick looked at Maggie and told her to "lock the door" was sexy as all hell, and not a stitch of clothing was removed.

Damn. (And it's a crime this movie is still not on Blu-Ray yet. Why deny me hot young Paul Newman in high def, I ask you?)

As an aside, while he no doubt blew the roof off as Big Daddy, I sometimes expected Burl Ives to pull out his banjo and belt out a round of "Holly Jolly Christmas". I clearly have issues! Aside #2, which has zip to do with hot Paul Newman, either, but I find amusing is how the actor playing Brick's brother, Jack Carson, was a mere year or so younger than Burl Ives, who played his father.

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 2
(edited)

For me it was Raiders of the Lost Ark and totally agree about Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull.

As for Classics: Cary Grant, Gregory Peck, Gary Cooper and William Holden. 

Currently I'm on a Jeremy Renner kick. Even rented the wretched Hansel and Gretel on Netflix to get my fix.

Edited by AstaCharles

I want to echo the James McAvoy love in this thread.  I freely admit to not having seen him in much (except "The Last King of Scotland" which, while a fantastic movie, was just disturbing enough that I can't bring myself to really want to watch it again), but I saw him, Fassbender, and Jackman on The Graham Norton Show and instantly developed a crush.  I too have been in YouTube heaven ever since watching interviews.  And his movies.  "Atonement" was absolutely amazing!  He is just so damned likable.  Funny, with a more than just slightly naughty sense of humor, that accent, those eyes... ugh. And he and Fassbender seem to have a wonderful, easy friendship which makes them both more attractive. 

So yeah.  McAvoy.  LOL 

• Love 9

We have very good taste, people.  

Always:  Brando back in the day, Mickey Rouke back in the day (why, oh why, did he do that to the pretty face?), Denzel will always be fine,  Cary Elwes (As You Wish got him on this list for me), Colin Firth (Pride & Prejudice...'nuff said).

Newer, but pretty serious:  Tom Hiddleston (good lord, that man is sex on a gentlemanly stick...Loki or not Loki), Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock bewitched me and I've followed his career ever since...man is hot in the most interesting ways),  Idris Elba (dayum...just dayum), Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (can't look away; even with his personal troubles, the man has aged like fine wine), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (how could that cute little guy from 3rd Rock turn into THAT?!  super talented too), Francois Arnaud (Go look up Showtime's Borgias...you are welcome...you will not be able to take your eyes off Francois) and Charlie Hunnam (something about that glint in his eye is beyond sexy).  

Marvel seriously knows how to pick them!  I've already mentioned Tom ("burdened with glorious purpose", indeed) and Idris, but Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie and Jeremy Renner (someone said swag earlier about him...that's exactly right for me too) are all lovely. 

• Love 2

Marvel seriously knows how to pick them!  I've already mentioned Tom ("burdened with glorious purpose", indeed) and Idris, but Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie and Jeremy Renner (someone said swag earlier about him...that's exactly right for me too) are all lovely.

I don't remember if I said it in this thread or another one, but the casting directors for these movies deserve a cut of every cent they make because they did an excellent job.  Each character looks his part, is good at it and there is something for everyone (I even include Mark Ruffalo when I'm talking about how good looking that whole cast is). 

We introduced our daughter to Speed this past weekend, and my God, was Keanu Reeves fine in that movie. 

• Love 4

Apocalypse Now era Martin Sheen, Tom Hiddleston (he's just so damn cute!), I've long been a fangirl of Robert Downey Jr., too. In fact, I still have an article about him that I tore out of a 1987 (I think) issue of Sassy Magazine. He's long been my imaginary boyfriend.

Dermot Mulroney is another one I have a crush on.

• Love 2

@Athena, we really do have similar tastes!   I don't know how I missed the Toby Stephens talk above!  He is totally my Rochester (Fassy is pretty great, but Mia didn't hold up her end of the bargain the way Ruth Wilson did).

the casting directors for these movies deserve a cut of every cent they make because they did an excellent job.  Each character looks his part, is good at it and there is something for everyone (I even include Mark Ruffalo when I'm talking about how good looking that whole cast is).

Agreed, Shannon L!  There are entire memes on Tumblr around "Marvel casting isn't really casting, but real life".  The interviews around The Avengers time period with all of the cast in various 2-3 person combinations were wonderful.  And slap my hand for missing Mark Ruffalo...he's so cool and endearing.  I always make a point to check out his films and his interviews are wonderful!

• Love 2
(edited)

Michael Fassbender-He had me from Hex

Idris Elba- the walk of confidence

Leonardo DiCaprio-I'm a child of the 90s. He's still cute to me. He made me fall for him again as Gatsby.

Brad Pitt-yes please

Dwayne Johnson-life size poster in college.

Michael Ealy- his eyes and lips

Henry Cavill-The reason I watched The Tudors

Edited by Francesca007

We introduced our daughter to Speed this past weekend, and my God, was Keanu Reeves fine in that movie. 

Indeed. That movie and Point Break are Reeves' at his finest IMO. 

Michael Ealy- his eyes and lips

I could not take my eyes off of him in Almost Human. He is one hell of a good looking man!

• Love 1

Paula Patton. Absolutely gorgeous woman. I just watched MI:Ghost Protocol and WOW, the scene in India where she is wearing that green dress! Or the scene when she is in hand to hand combat with the other agent, or any scene that she is in. . . . 

• Love 1