Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

On 5/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, Anduin said:

I gather he's easy to work with. Has a professional attitude. And maybe these days knows his limits and chooses material accordingly. In a business full of prima donnas and inflated egos, it's a refreshing change.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:26 PM, aradia22 said:

@Anduin He seems like a smart guy who puts thought and effort into the craft of acting. Which is baffling to me given the performances he produces. But yes, he seems very nice and he does well in action movies if the love for the Matrix and John Wick is anything to go by.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, Shannon L. said:

Yes, he's very easy to work with, dedicated to his craft and professional.  He's also, by all accounts, very kind outside of work, as seen, for example, in cell phone footage of him taking public transportation and giving his seat up to a woman who just got on the subway (great manners!)--one of many things I've seen/heard of over the years.  If you're not familiar with his life story, you should google it.  Not quite as sad as Kelsey Grammar's, but still very sad. 

This was posted in Celebrity New thread of the Everything Else TV section.  It speaks to everything we were talking about:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/18/keanu-reeves-grief-loss--bill-ted-john-wick-actor-tragedy?utm_source=pocket-newtab

And this came up on Twitter feed.  I thought some of the responses were cute :)

• Love 2
(edited)

After seeing John Wick 3, Keanu Reeves is even hotter now than he was 30+ years ago. Apparently, Keanu, like black, don't crack.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9

Been on an Oscar Isaac movie kick since I watched the Star Wars franchise again lately and I forgot how much I loved Poe! 

Well let's just say, I love him as Poe but I really enjoyed him in "Operation Finale" (which was a good film as well). I also liked him in "The Promise" but the romance was a bit blah for me but I thought he played his role well. I also just watched "In Secret" which is an older film and less known, but I did like that as well but got Lifetime movie vibes from it and it was a little much for me at the end but...really the point of this post is to say, he's a good actor and easy on the eyes.

And I"m very excited to see Rise of Skywalker.

• Love 5

I still have a massive crush on Taron Egerton after seeing him with a shaved receding hairline, more weight than usual, and in Elton's various costumes. He's adorable, and his beautiful singing voice makes him even hotter. The real Welsh accent doesn't suck, either.

Ditto for Richard Madden and his lovely Scottish accent. What a dreamboat.

As for lady crushes, still very much on the Margot Robbie train. In addition to her face being literal perfection, she seems cool as hell. Married a normal guy, still hangs out with her normal pre-fame friends, and says that taking selfies would make her feel "like a dickhead." My kind of girl.

• Love 7

I thought Taron Egerton was really handsome in Kingsman, but he looked so young that I kind of pushed him aside.  When I saw Rocketman and he exploded onto the "Saturday Night" song and dance number, my first thought was "hot damn".  Later, I looked him up and saw that he was 30 years old! He looks so much younger!   So, now, I'm allowing myself to have a little crush on him. 

• Love 3

His tone in this video sounds like he's seducing and insulting the viewer at the same time. And I'm real into it. He's like a more personable, less weird Viggo Mortensen. Definitely charming, but still weird. Again, into it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I kind of miss the 90's swimmer's build. Now every male actor has to be obviously steroid-ed out to the max.

I love his shoulders and arms in this pic. But his ribs are sticking out--he looks malnourished. 

3 hours ago, QueerGirrl said:

With a still punchable face. 

I'm sure he would've let you punch him for a sandwich.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Dame Emma Thompson. She is hilarious, smart, gorgeous & is always an amazing interview. Keanu has always had a place in my heart since i saw him in Speed when I was a teen. I always wanted him and Sandra Bullock to get together. 

• Love 7
On 6/15/2019 at 12:51 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

Dame Emma Thompson. She is hilarious, smart, gorgeous & is always an amazing interview. 

I don't have any interest in her new movie Late Night, but would totally watch a real life late night show hosted by her.

• Love 4
On 5/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Now that Aladdin is out, I hope I'm not the only one that's become enamored with Mena Massoud!

Just saw Aladdin last night. Yeah, Mena Massoud is pretty! Yum. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I just saw Bohemian Rhapsody again & while Rami Malek is amazing, his co-stars Gwilym Lee, Ben Hardy & Joe Mazzello (aka Brian May, Roger Taylor & John Deacon, respectively) are pretty adorable themselves.

As for Rocketman, Taron Egerton & Richard Madden are hot (separately & together), but Jamie Bell's Bernie Taupin is also swoonworthy.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Okay, this is a strange one, so don't laugh. 

I have always found Billy Crystal sexy. In When Harry Met Sally, when he apologizes to Sally after their wagon wheel argument, the way he hugs her is incredibly sensual and tender. 

And any man who makes me laugh gets bonus points. So yeah, he can get it. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Okay, this is a strange one, so don't laugh. 

I have always found Billy Crystal sexy. In When Harry Met Sally, when he apologizes to Sally after their wagon wheel argument, the way he hugs her is incredibly sensual and tender. 

And any man who makes me laugh gets bonus points. So yeah, he can get it. 

I haven't seen that movie, but I've watched old "Soap" reruns with my mom, and he's definitely got a charm about him on that show :). And he seems like a really nice guy in general, if the interviews I've seen of his are any indication. 

• Love 8

After seeing the new trailer for Ghostbusters:Afterlife, I've got a new appreciation for co-star Paul Rudd. He's been cute in all his movies, but I've never found him hot until now. Amazing what a beard, a ghost trap and a YouTube video can do.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

I watched "Spotlight" last night, and I must admit to being fully locked & loaded on Rachel McAdams as Sacha Pfeiffer.

I haven't seen many of her films but she was pretty great here, and she has the most sensual eyes too!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Saw an interview with Clive Owen on Stephen Colbert's show the other night, and damn, was he charming. I don't know that I've seen much of his work, but I might have to remedy that :). 

Check out, Sin City, he was pretty hot in that 🙂

On 6/14/2019 at 2:33 AM, methodwriter85 said:

His looks recently hit the skids but I wanted to take a moment to remember Ben Affleck's circa 1998 body:

56179e8c88de81812aa07e04457499f1.jpg

I kind of miss the 90's swimmer's build. Now every male actor has to be obviously steroid-ed out to the max.

I too prefer this to a steroid look. 

• Love 3

His star has been reborn in recent months on the big screen. Yet, despite being on the cusp seeing his seventh decade (at age 58), his face is virtually unchanged from the Adonis looks from his 20s while his physique has only become more Herculean . Let's give a round of applause on this subforum for Eddie Murphy!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

His star has been reborn in recent months on the big screen. Yet, despite being on the cusp seeing his seventh decade (at age 58), his face is virtually unchanged from the Adonis looks from his 20s while his physique has only become more Herculean . Let's give a round of applause on this subforum for Eddie Murphy!

"Money don't crack."

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

"Money don't crack."

Well,  even Arnold Schwartzanegger looked a bit older at the same age that currently Mr. Murphy  is, despite having MORE monies than Mr. Murphy currently has!

• Love 1

After seeing the trailer for Tenet, Christopher Nolan's next film coming next July, I think that star John David Washington looks good. Like father, like son.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, Annber03 said:

Saw an interview with Clive Owen on Stephen Colbert's show the other night, and damn, was he charming. I don't know that I've seen much of his work, but I might have to remedy that :). 

CO's also hot in  Croupier, Closer, Children Of Men, Inside Man & Shoot 'Em Up.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Yes, I would agree that Mr. Norton does have a certain  appeal (and perhaps should be cast as a Celtic or Viking) but any potential date with him would be almost certainly be ruined if one brought a sunlamp instead of a parasol along. 

It's been a while since I've mentioned my Old Hollywood crush (and this always bears repeating), Ronald Colman. Not only did he possess one of the most beautiful voices ever, but had such heart-melting brown eyes. He is so good in Random Harvest. He was also one of those fortunate individuals who was well-suited for aging (dude rocked the gray temples). I found this early headshot of his and damn. 

d1a995aaed0d29053fefa64b33349d97.jpg

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

It's been a while since I've mentioned my Old Hollywood crush (and this always bears repeating), Ronald Colman. Not only did he possess one of the most beautiful voices ever, but had such heart-melting brown eyes. He is so good in Random Harvest. He was also one of those fortunate individuals who was well-suited for aging (dude rocked the gray temples). I found this early headshot of his and damn. 

d1a995aaed0d29053fefa64b33349d97.jpg

He was also excellent in his Oscar-winning performance in A Double Life.

• Love 2

I'm really feeling Jake Gyllenhaal lately. A perfect mix of good looks, sensitivity/thoughtfulness, and complete chaotic energy. I've been watching a lot of long-form actor interviews on youtube. I could listen to Colin Farrell and Cillian Murphy talk ALL DAY. There's something about the lilting cadence and when their voices unexpectedly deepen. Henry Cavill has that too. 

Can I say something though? Jason Momoa is very attractive and seems like a very nice man. But I've just prepared myself in case any stories come out. He radiates a little too much chaos energy and aggression. I'm just prepared for a Mark Wahlberg/Jon Hamm story from his past or a Josh Brolin/Michael Fassbender (hell, the list of domestic abuse accusations in Hollywood is endless) story to come out. I'm not saying it will. I'm just saying the breaking things and shouting doesn't really do it for me. 

• Love 5

Ewan Mcgregor made a very handsome grown up and broken Danny Torrence in Doctor Sleep. I won't lie, my mind was in the gutter in that one scene when Rose the Hat had him pinned to the ground to steal his life force. And when she was saying how he tasted like whiskey, I smirked and was all, "Yeah I bet he does." Hee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was really feeling Chris Messina in his blond thug look for Birds of Prey:

Yikes.  I, on the other hand, wonder why the hell he did that to himself to ruin what has long been such an accessibly attractive head.

• Love 5
(edited)

Another new crush of mine is Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who's great in The Get Down, Black Mirror and The Greatest Showman, was an awesome -and hot-Dr Manhattan in HBO's reboot of Watchmen, will be the young Morpheus in Matrix 4 and was riveting as Black Manta in Aquaman.

He's also the new lead in this year's reboot of Candyman, which was co-written and co Executive Produced by Jordan Peele. In this version, anyone who says Candyman's name five times in a mirror dies, but Yahya is so fine that I would almost consider saying Candyman's name ten times.

Edited by DollEyes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Another new crush of mine is Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who's great in The Get Down, Black Mirror and The Greatest Showman, was an awesome -and hot-Dr Manhattan in HBO's reboot of Watchmen, will be the young Morpheus in Matrix 4 and was riveting as Black Manta in Aquaman.

He's also the new lead in this year's reboot of Candyman, which was co-written and co Executive Produced by Jordan Peele. In this version, anyone who says Candyman's name five times in a mirror dies, but Yahya is so fine that I would almost consider saying Candyman's name ten times.

JckP.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Between Stanley Tucci posting videos of making cocktails, Chris Evans and his dog Dodger on Twitter, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II shirtless on Twitter, Chris Meloni shirtless in a kilt (also on Twitter) and Ansel Elgort posting nudes on his Instagram page for COVID-19 based charities, this quarantine keeps getting better.

😍😘🥰

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Stanley Tucci can make me a cocktail any time.  

Yeah, I think that just became a life goal.  I'm not sure how I'm going to pull it off, but it's good to dream.

• Love 5