Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: The Finale / S20.E12: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

JoJo is perfect for bachelorette. She mentioned that her love language is words of affirmation, and being the bachelorette means that all the guys tell you how into you they are BEFORE you have to put your heart out there.

I can see her responding well to that sort of environment and being the type of girl who can juggle a lot of guys with grace. We'll see. I hadn't planned to watch, but now that it's JoJo, I can't help myself. Obviously, the producers figured that out!

• Love 5

I haven't read all 3 pages yet, seeing only the first 10.

Red flags:  When he first appeared he was happy that he found a woman "who supports me" ...

is that what we want to hear first and foremost?

*** And, at the end:

------ "You support ME, you love ME, you've been beside ME."  *** 

GEEZES, can he say he loves HER for what she is?  It's all about how she treats -him-.

Otherwise, they look pretty genuinely happy with each other.  

(I turned on the program at 8 and then fell asleep until after 9pm !  :-)

From 9pm to 10pm was not exactly scintillating! )

But I hope they do well, despite his concentration on himself and what she can do for him.

"I feel I'm unloveable" (his mantra) seems to equal: "I've not been supported and adored the way I need."

--- AND, re the Bachelorette: I posted once that I felt he was an ass to tell JoJo to open up despite her fears of being rejected just to have him tell her he loves her (when we know he KNEW earlier it was Lauren, as JoJo saw while watching).

I wrote that I could deal with the show doing all this (extreme exploitation of F2) only if they had made a deal with JoJo to make her the Bachelorette in return for what they were putting her through (either for real or "for show").

I'm glad she's the one but now I see even more why Caila wasn't looking very happy or well at WTA.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 6

So I started watching about 90 minutes into the show. The part I started with was Ben looking at the rings (which were slightly better than Neil's rings for Nick, but not much). Then the girls showed up. Not sure if it was the editing or what, but Jo Jo was saying she been dreaming of getting engaged since she was a little girl and Lauren was saying she hadn't planned on it but she loved Ben. It made Lauren look better and more sincere, but they both seemed nice and pretty to me. 

It was cruel of Ben and the producers to let Jo Jo go on and on in her speech. I know it's considered polite to let someone talk, but in my opinion it would be much more polite to cut her off and say I'm going with Lauren.

Jo Jo was showing off her boobs, but Lauren's dress was tight and I could totally see the outlines of her nipples.  It was a pretty color on her (deep blue), but she needed a bra. 

Jo Jo will  make a great Bachelorette.  I think Ben and Lauren seem good together.  They do seem happy. They all seem young to me. 

I noticed Lauren was wearing a white lace dress which seemed weddingish enough. Did she think she might be getting married?

Ben called her father to ask permission, he asked her again since he felt guilty "asking on the phone" and wanted her family present. Then Ben got to tell CH if they were getting married that night. (Also the fathers seemed to talk more than the mothers.)  Fortunately Lauren seems to be okay with Ben's headship.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I hated the theme of telling 2 women he loves them. And the pastor/wedding thing was just crazy. But I did love the proposal and loved Ben and Lauren together on the ATFR. I thought the end where he proposed again and the families were all there was cute. Yea, I'm a hopeless romantic.

I'm really happy JoJo is the next lead. Caila would have been so boring. I'm hoping there are some hot guys to enjoy on her season.

• Love 1

I thought Ben's demeanor totally changed after Jojo came on stage, looking drop dead smoking hot. I think he kind of expected her to be wrecked like Caila and yet she was her same sexy, cool, confident self. His face was dark and pensive when Lauren was talking--I think he was definitely thinking about his choice.

I really thought it was JoJo, they had a best friendship, he was so at ease with her and she really got him. She told his mom that he's so hard on himself and his mom had to tell Lauren that same fact. I was bummed he didn't pick her and probably because the producers did a bad job showing that same connection with Lauren. I knew it was Lauren when I saw that ring though.

Juan Pablo tweeted that when he heard Jojo might be the Bachelorette he would think about signing up again! 

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 6

(Also the fathers seemed to talk more than the mothers.)  Fortunately Lauren seems to be okay with Ben's headship.

Good thing. I don't think the show wanted to take a chance on Ben's mom speaking again.

I really thought it was JoJo, they had a best friendship, he was so at ease with her and she really got him. She told his mom that he's so hard on himself and his mom had to tell Lauren that same fact.

I noticed that too. I'm also hoping that's a good sign that she will make a good b'ette.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1

JoJo is sweet, and I don't mind her being the B'ette. But Lauren is more elegant. That tacky number JoJo was wearing on the ATFR, with the cleavage cut-out, blllleeech. And the gaudy final rose dress -- while pretty for some evening occasion, it looked way overdressed for an afternoon in the tropics. Beyond that, I'm tired of her awful grammatical mistakes. She never gets her pronouns right (he/him, me/I), and she confused lying and laying (unless she's a chicken, she wasn't laying with Ben.) Plus many others. I hope she gets some coaching on both grammar and wardrobe for her B'ette stint.

Lauren and Ben had a thing for each other from their first date. She pulled way ahead then. I would have been rather shocked if it had turned out to be JoJo. Ben was always all over Lauren physically, while JoJo was all over Ben.

• Love 12

Also, i really did not like how Chris Harrison kept asking BEN what HE wanted to do and didn't ask Lauren or them as a couple. How bout it Ben, you want to get married tonight, its completely up to YOU. Who cares if Lauren wants to or not. Oyy whatever.

I know!! I kept thinking....uh, it's more up to the BRIDE, isn't it? Way to steal her day from her! I'm glad they shut that down, but it sure made the last five minutes of the show boring as CH and BH struggled to fill the time.

The pastor lurking in the shadows gave me the creeps.

How will Ben stand the S's? To me it's unbearable to listen to.

I haven't noticed the S's, but I've been annoyed by Lauren's pronunciation of "you." Sometimes it's fine (pronounced "U"). Other times it sounds more like "yeouw".

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2

Ben and Lauren look very happy to me, and I also loved the families together on ATFR. Though Ben's parents may have had reservations about Lauren I would think that seeing her nice and normal family on the show. as opposed to Jo-Jo's rude, obnoxious brothers made them glad they would be his inlaws as opposed to Jo-Jo's family. Funny that Jo-Jo's brothers were not at the ATFR show (though not unexpected). Mind you even if he had picked Jo-Jo I doubt they would have been there.

So Jo-Jo is the new bachlorette. Yawn. I would rather have had Caila even with her problems opening up. At least she brings the pretty. Oh well, I guess as soon as they dangled the bachlorette title in front of Jo-Jo her heart healed pretty quickly. But then I always thought Jo-Jo was more in love with being in love than with Ben. As she said, she was tired of being rejected (to paraphrase). I will try to watch, but if she spends too much time jumping into every Tom, Dick and Harry's arms I am out. Does seem though like she and her family like reality TV life.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8

I did see a red flag when she said a few times that she wanted people to be jealous of her relationship like she had been jealous of others.

This right here. This stood out to me as well. Definitely an awful reason to choose a guy or to get engaged. I hope this mentality of hers changes before her stint as bachette.

• Love 7

I think they are a lovely couple and seem to be genuinely smitten.  They appear to be well-matched and the merging of their families was delightful.  I hope they have a long and happy life together, and I doubt they'll be fame-whoring like Sean and Catherine.  They seem to be relieved it's over.

• Love 5

I also didn't see any buyer's remorse, and I think the two of them seem genuinely in love. In fact, I think they've been smitten with each other since the beginning, and that's what led to the "never before" statements of being in love to two women - with Ben so obviously into Lauren B. from the get-go, the producers realized early on that the season was a bust, so they told Ben to pretend to be in love with Jojo just to create drama and suspense, and again, save the season. That's why Lauren seems completely okay after watching Ben proclaim his love for Jojo - she knows it was just for show.

Exactly! And they didn't allow him to tell JoJo which was why he felt so guilty and had tummy pains

• Love 4

I did see a red flag when she said a few times that she wanted people to be jealous of her relationship like she had been jealous of others.

This right here. This stood out to me as well. Definitely an awful reason to choose a guy or to get engaged. I hope this mentality of hers changes before her stint as bachette.

Me three. I sense insecurity and a smidge of tying her self-worth with how attractive guys find her. She certainly was much more aware of Ben's needs than the other women were, and while I don't doubt they certainly had a connection, it seems she put way more into creating that connection than he did.

While I personally would have preferred the more reserved, elegant Caila, I do think JoJo would be a good bachelorette. She's well-spoken, fun, and clearly beautiful. Hopefully it'll also allow her to understand she doesn't have to please a guy to get him to like her. She can be just her.

Ok, off my self-empowerment soapbox now!

• Love 4

Something to keep in mind the next time you have to stage the most dramatic last date ever

I think I'm going to use it to get my point across the next time the dog eats my glasses.

• Love 5

I think Lauren and Ben make a very cute couple. Though I would be very surprised if they make it down the aisle.

I really liked both Lauren and Jojo - both articulate, kind, not catty. When Chris Harrison asked the couple "Will you watch Jojo on The Bachelorette?" Ben kind of hesitated to answer then Lauren said sweetly "Yes, yes!" with a big smile. I thought that was very classy.

I think Jojo was the natural choice all along to be the next Bachelorette, I don't even believe the rumors about Caila. She is so stiff and boring and could never carry a show. Although we had to suffer though Andi, and Deanna, and Ali....

• Love 1

As a flight attendant, Lauren has been trained to stay calm, follow instructions and don't deviate from the plan.  So, of COURSE she's moving to Denver, because her little career is meaningless next to Ben's stellar whatever sales thing he does for whoever he does it for.  I think she'll play her puppet fiancee part as well as Whitney did with Chris, and I think they'll end up the same way.  But without the huge bucks Chris got for DWTS and with Ben distracted by some brunette.

The fake "re-proposal" was ridiculous and an obvious way to waste time.  And I absolutely think flying the pastor out was a last minute hail Mary to add gravitas and bestow blessings on the proceedings of "joining" 2 families together, on an ABC sound stage.  And also to fill time.  They had to do something to pretend they didn't dump Caila at the last minute, so they needed all that ridiculous crap in place of Caila's interview and video package.  Production had to scramble, and it definitely came off as last-minute and random.  

Such a load of crap.  That was the stupidest finale I've ever seen, and I've see all of them.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

When Ben was dumping Jojo. there were two instances where she said something very quietly and I couldn't understand what she said...did anyone catch it?

There was a point last night where, if Ben said the phrase "I'm in love with two women" once more, I was going to throw my wineglass at the television.  Or if they showed The Pastor once again pacing seriously backstage, seriously studying his Bible, seriously.  WE GET IT PASTOR IS IN THE HOUSE.

Monday nights should be super fun in the Higgins household.  Lauren will make popcorn and snuggle up with Ben to watch Jojo on the Bachelorette.  She'll give Ben the firm side-eye the entire time, while Ben pretends not to glower and pout that the other love of his life is moving on without him.  Good times.

Congrats, Jojo.  Move on and have fun as the Bachelorette.  You can do way better than Boring Ben.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13

The minister joke was high hopes on Chris Harrison's part. Of course Lauren was not going to agree to wed, but as a way to perk up the ATFR show it was kind of funny. I think Ben and Lauren are cute together, and both rank at about an equal level of niceness, but Lauren is really classy and modest and will make Ben a better man.  I didn't think Sean and Catherine would make it down the aisle but predict Ben and Lauren will.  As for his hesitancy in saying he'd watch JoJo as the Bachelorette he was probably being careful of Lauren's feelings....I am sure they have had many many discussions about JoJo and he treads very carefully around the subject of her now.

One thing Ben shouldn't have done, IMO, is continue to tell both girls he loved them! He should have backed off and said I made a mistake and shouldn't have said that when there are still two women involved.  The fact that he continued to say it to both of them, and then tell them "I love the other woman too" says more about his character to me than the fact that he blurted it out in the first place. I'm not sure what exactly it says: self-centered mostly. Not empathetic, either. He can be a nice guy but still fail that way.  

US Magazine already headlined that Caila was the Bachelorette a week or so ago, so they have egg on their face and Caila is officially semi-humiliated. However, she can also enjoy a higher profile in Boston now, where I am sure the caliber of educated, eligible men is pretty high and much better than what Fleiss and co. could have dragged in for her.  

• Love 5

Not that it's likely to happen but I really wish JoJo would style her hair different when she comes back as the B'ette. I saw a picture of her online where her hair is windblown and it almost looks like she has a side part. It looked so sexy and gave her a little lift on top. Her face even looked prettier. She has beautiful hair but I really hate that part up the center. It drags her hair down.

• Love 5

I am perfectly fine with Ben and Lauren.  I think she's a sweetheart and they will do just fine. 

I read where she is a flight attendent for Alaska Airlines, so by moving from LA to Denver, she can most likely keep her job and just change her home base.

As far as JoJo and Caila:  I think, if it had leaked that JoJo was the b'ette, it would've destroyed last night's show.  I think they tried diverting attention by starting Caila through the process just long enough to put people off the trail.  However, RealitySteve spoiled Lauren months ago and retracted his prediction on Caila over the weekend.  I should suspect that Caila might not even have known at the WTA that she wasn't the one, but replaying that show in my mind, it is true that she was quite deflated and not nearly as all-smiles and happy as she had been on the show.

Hubby and I watched the show together on Facetime last night (as we typically do) and we snarked the whole thing with Ben being in love with both women. 

I really like Lauren's dress last night and had to take a picture of it to send to Hubby this morning (he's a very early riser and wasn't about to sit through ATFR).

• Love 4

HAHAHA Ben was expecting a broken woman when Jojo came out and she wasn't and she's also the next Bachelorette in your face Higgins! That woman dodged a bullet!

He's SO self centered! As soon as she came out it was all about how HE felt again. Ugh!!!!

• Love 13

That was a predictable final episode, but despite my skepticism, I really think Ben & Lauren will be happy together.  I really enjoyed this season, and thought that Ben was one of the most genuine Bachelors in recent memory.  Their families were sweet, all hugging, and they all seemed quite happy.  For once, a hopeful ending!  I'm rooting for those kids.

As for JoJo, I think she's a great choice for Bachelorette.  Just one thing...can someone please give her a few grammar lessons?  After Ben's season, I don't think my ears can take it!

• Love 7

No way they last. Lauren complained on Kimmel that Ben's a heavy mouth breather, prays too loudly and tries to wake her up too early to spend time with her (but said she's trained him not to do that any more already). If that's her cute personaliity that production hid from us, I'm baffled by Ben's choice. It's way too soon to be that annoyed, especially about the way the supposed love of your life breathes. It's not like he can stop breathing...

• Love 12

HAHAHA Ben was expecting a broken woman when Jojo came out and she wasn't and she's also the next Bachelorette in your face Higgins! That woman dodged a bullet!

He's SO self centered! As soon as she came out it was all about how HE felt again. Ugh!!!!

Yeah, I hope Lauren's fine with being his new mommy and talking him off the ledge on a regular basis, or whatever it was that his mom said he needs. I wish them luck, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm starting to think he has reason to feel unlovable.

Yay for Jojo being the Bachelorette! I think she's a natural on camera and the men will go crazy for her for sure.

• Love 5

Jojo asked Ben whether he's ready to propose to either. He said, "yeah" while shaking his head no. 

I played this back 3 times because I wasn't sure I'd seen it right. This guy would never get through a police interrogation based on body language.

• Love 3

Yes! I think she'll be a lot of fun. When (abouts) does it start?

According to R.S. filming begins very close to when ATR ends and the new season starts sometime in May...I think. 

I too am happy about Jojo being the next Bachelorette!  Calia was just too much for me--she came across as fake, similar to how Britt did.

• Love 2

The idea that JoJo was blindsided is ridiculous. First of all - the whole idea of the show is to date multiple people at once.

But more importantly the NIGHT BEFORE HE CHOSE HE TOLD HER HE LOVED ANOTHER WOMAN.

Also I am super glad JoJo is the Bachelorette. She will be great.

Edited by scribe95
  • Love 2

I didn't think I cared either way, but upon watching the finale, I thought Ben and JoJo seemed a better match. JoJo seemed genuine and also had a personality. Honestly, Lauren seems to have the least amount of personality of any of the Bachelor picks. I just can't imagine Ben being happy with her. I also don't find her attractive, but she is very tiny and lots of guys like that little girl look. I don't have a problem with Ben or anyone saying they are a Christian. Since when did it become shameful to be a person of faith? 

I think JoJo did have real feelings for Ben, but I don't agree that she must be fake if she is ready to be the Bachelorette. What else can she do? I guess she could spend weeks or months crying in her room, but what would that get her? If I had a choice on how to recover from a heartbreak I would take meeting 25 handsome guys and getting to travel and do fun stuff. 

Now I'm waiting for Ben to say he is going on Dancing with The Stars. Did he really mention being 'relevant' for a few more minutes? So, it wasn't about finding love then. Color me surprised. 

• Love 6

No way they last. Lauren complained on Kimmel that Ben's a heavy mouth breather, prays too loudly and tries to wake her up too early to spend time with her (but said she's trained him not to do that any more already). If that's her cute personaliity that production hid from us, I'm baffled by Ben's choice. It's way too soon to be that annoyed, especially about the way the supposed love of your life breathes. It's not like he can stop breathing...

Interesting you should mention this. I saw it, too, and it wasn't until this morning that it hit me that maybe she isn't as sweet as she came across on the show. The "training" comment was emasculating and the nitpicking seemed too much. I can see Ben tiring of that after a while. I'm not as sure of them as I was before. Hmmm

• Love 4

I've always thought Lauren was a bit of a mean girl disguised as an elf, because she looks like one to me.  And I think she'll try & lead Ben around by the nose.  She's not the nice girl she was so carefully edited to be. 

No "Dancing with the Stars" for Ben, the cast is set and no surprise drop-ins.  He would be even more bland & boring on that.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 6

I think Jo Jo is the real winner. If a guy thinks he's in love with two women at the same time.. he's delusional and doesn't really love either of them.  Jo Jo escaped a life with Ben and is now being paid to be the Bachelorette. I can not imagine the pain Jo Jo felt after realizing Ben led her on. He told her he loved her told her he would not blindside her etc and he did just that. You don't do that to someone you claim to love. Jo Jo seemed more into Ben than Lauren did.  But on the flipside I think it would be extremely painful to be engaged to someone who just a few months ago while he was dating you he was also head over heals in love with another woman. And to see that Ben's parents preferred that other woman, that your fiancé told the other woman she was his best friend, that he loved her that he couldn't imagine life without her. Some of the same things he told her.  Jo Jo definitely fared better than Lauren! She gets $$, her own show and maybe a guy who is truly crazy about her in the end.

• Love 10

Couple of questions

1)  Can someone recap how Ben's mother preferred Jojo?

2)  When Lauren made a bunch of complaints about Ben on Jimmy Kimmel, was she at least ASKED to complain, and she kind of had to search for examples?!  Don't tell me she brought these examples up out of nowhere!

Jojo's pink dress at the helicopter/dumping scene was amazing. She is immaculate looking (to me).  Perfect face, perfect body but more than that I find her so sexy!  And I love her freckles.

I figured out who Lauren reminds me of.  She speaks so much like Kirsten Dunst, that same way of speaking.  Weird!  

Lauren is not at all my type (how she was shown on the show, and without makeup, etc.) but I admit she looked fantastic at ATFR.  I wonder why they (edited/showed?) her to be so incredibly boring and nothing on the show. I could never pay attention while she was on screen but I was in love with Jojo.  I begrudgingly admit that at ATFR Lauren looked like a country western star and I loved that white dress.

I continue to feel badly towards Caila for how Twitter/Bachelor fans seemed to just dislike her so much.  I think/hope she will be fine though.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

It was obviously Lauren who was going to win from night one. It actually annoys me that he kept beating a dead horse by saying he was in love with 2 women, and I predicted long before the finale when I saw the "dramatic " previews that Ben was gonna have "trouble" picking until an hour before the proposal where he suddenly was gonna have an epiphany and realize he couldn't live without one of them. It was all just so predictable and call me a cynic, but I know for damn sure that Ben loving 2 women was all for drama and the producers made him do it because they saw it was going to be a boring finale. This whole season's been pretty tame drama wise so they needed something to stir it up. And please, the only reason these women stay so calm when they get dumped is because in that moment they don't want to ruin their chances of becoming bachelorette. This show is just so scripted and this last episode was just so boring. For 2 hours, the only dialogue we heard was how torn he was because hes in love with 2 women. And quite honestly, I wish someone would have said to him that if you don't know who you're gonna propose to the day you are supposed to propose, then you should definitely not be doing it. I love how he looked at the ring and suddenly realized who he loved.. oh god. 

• Love 4

Very hard to convince us all to care about Caila after witnessing JoJo's duping and dumping.  Plus, JoJo was so subdued about getting over her heartbreak that I sensed a Bachelorette announcement coming fast.  Well, that will be a very fun season as she is a really really really great choice for a lead. 

Unless they didn't show a scene of Ben telling JoJo that he was choosing her, then she was not duped. She was well aware of how this show works, and that she had a 50/50 chance of being dumped.

• Love 6

The time they had to fill at the end was weird.  I can't imagine they actually thought there'd be a wedding.  That suggests to me that the selection of JoJo really was a last-minute decision.  They'd probably planned on a whole additional segment to introduce the Bachelorette.  But that became unnecessary since they'd already had JoJo out for the confrontation with Ben scene.

And Ben's demeanor during that confrontation was sort of dickish, to me at least.  He seemed way more concerned about validating his own feelings, and having his feelings validated by everyone there, than he did about JoJo's feelings.

I don't know, I actually appreciated Ben's demeanor in that scene from the perspective that he's now engaged to Lauren. I thought the distance he put between his relationship with JoJo now vs the relationship then was appropriate to show respect to Lauren and their current relationship status. 

Jo will be a great B'ette--had to be a no-brainer to pick her. No way will she turn into another Kaitlyn--I do not believe we heard smutty and worse, not-funny "tight-seal" and "plow the eff out of my field" jokes from her or inappropriate laughter/behavior even once. Ths season was refreshingly 100 percent different from Kaitlyn's circus and I expect Jo's Bachelorette will be too. I hope Caila wasn't really expecting to be the B'ette and isn't overly disappointed.

I don't see that either, JoJo seems like she has enough of a personality of her own that she doesn't have to fall back on cheap, lame jokes. 

ETA: watching the rest of the ATFR now, got a little too bored to finish it last night, so I'm seeing Lauren for the first time.

It does appear that she got veneers and watching her now, I'm realizing that veneers are probably the cause of the ubiquitous "grumpy cat" frowny mouth that Becca, Andi, et al had. It seems like the effort to close the mouth over the veneers causes the frown. 

Edited by ljenkins782

I didn't think I cared either way, but upon watching the finale, I thought Ben and JoJo seemed a better match. JoJo seemed genuine and also had a personality. Honestly, Lauren seems to have the least amount of personality of any of the Bachelor picks. I just can't imagine Ben being happy with her. I also don't find her attractive, but she is very tiny and lots of guys like that little girl look. I don't have a problem with Ben or anyone saying they are a Christian. Since when did it become shameful to be a person of faith? 

I think JoJo did have real feelings for Ben, but I don't agree that she must be fake if she is ready to be the Bachelorette. What else can she do? I guess she could spend weeks or months crying in her room, but what would that get her? If I had a choice on how to recover from a heartbreak I would take meeting 25 handsome guys and getting to travel and do fun stuff. 

Now I'm waiting for Ben to say he is going on Dancing with The Stars. Did he really mention being 'relevant' for a few more minutes? So, it wasn't about finding love then. Color me surprised. 

Love this post. I agree 100%. As I said before I never bought the Lauren is a "saint" edit anymore than I bought JoJo was just a good time girl. I have never found Lauren that attractive. Someone said it looked as though she had got veneers. Her teeth looked fine to me. Mean I know, but I would have been looking into a nose job instead if I were her. Plus I could never warm up to her. It always seemed like there was something off. JoJo seemed way more real and genuine to me.

She knew Ben's faith was important to him. Now he prays to loud. Doesn't bode well in my opinion. Wonder how soon he'll be regretting that decision? 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 3

1)  Can someone recap how Ben's mother preferred Jojo?

There was a clip came out a few days ago on one of the magazine websites that was footage from the final episode showing Ben's mother stating if she had to pick it would be JoJo. This was after both of the ladies had met his parents. It was took down the next day and of course we know it wasn't aired on the show. Go back under last weeks board and you will see plenty of discussion about it.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1

I wanted Caila to be the B'ette but JoJo should do fine. I guess they didn't want another Sex Panther! after Kaitlyn Bristowe. Plus, who could resist JoJo's storyline of "she was told I love you by the Bachelor, and yet she wasn't chosen!"

"Can I walk you out?" "If you want to" - Heh. I wished JoJo would just have said no. 

"For the last ten minutes that I'm still relevant..." At least Ben has a sense of humor.

I don't know, I actually appreciated Ben's demeanor in that scene from the perspective that he's now engaged to Lauren. I thought the distance he put between his relationship with JoJo now vs the relationship then was appropriate to show respect to Lauren and their current relationship status.

It's more the way he spoke about what was most important to him about their (his and JoJo's) relationship.  All he mentioned were the way he felt and way she made him feel.  I can't think of a single compliment that he paid JoJo on her own merits, apart from the way she made him feel.

On a side-note, I'm fairly confident that Ben and JoJo had sex in the Fantasy Suite.  Under the circumstances, I'm a little surprised that didn't come up last night.  It's possible that JoJo was just too classy (or embarrassed) to bring it up and pull a Nick ("fiance-stuff").  Or, maybe that was the quid pro quo for her getting the Bachelorette spot.  Because, on top of the "I love you" deal, having to justify sleeping with both of them would have cast Ben in a fairly negative light.  And a light that was quite contrary to the holy-roller image they tried to cast last night.

The idea that JoJo was blindsided is ridiculous.

I agree.  Unless the infamous bathroom talk really was over-dubbed, I can't see how JoJo could've come away from that conversation believing that her chances were any better than 50-50, and more likely significantly less.

• Love 1

Mom's afraid he won't know with whom to put a stake in, but fantasy suites were last week, so he already put a stake in both of them...plus Caila. 

From a couple pages back, but I found this hilarious as well :)  I love that his mom said this, seemingly so innocently!    

I first remember the phrase from Grey's Anatomy and I assume it wasn't original there either.

Lauren just seemed SO pleased with herself for coming up with this!  She is just SO quirky and funny!  

I live in Denver so I'm going to be on the lookout for them :)  Lace and Leah also live in Denver.. I wonder if there will be any awkward reunions!

Ooooh, yes, please do report back on any sightings! 

I agree on Joelle's middle part.  I think it does odd things to her face shape, and she's constantly winging back the sides of her hair. I"d love to see her mix it up a bit with a side part.  

• Love 2

I wanted it to be Lauren in the end, but I couldn't really be happy for anyone because I didn't really like how things went down with Jojo.  I just really think that he is smart enough to know that he couldn't verbally take it so far with both of them and then have a happy outcome.  So when he spent all of that time basically making both of them believe they were the one, and then the last night together he acts all weird with both of them, I was just frustrated with him in general.  At that point you have to dump someone the next day, and he really set up a bad situation for either person to get rejected.  Of course they would be confused....I mean, the Bachelor said, I love you, and a lot of other convincing things.  Then to hear, I love you, but I love the other person more.... well, that just took away any meaning love actually had.  Way to go Ben.

I get the premise of the show, but I agree with the recap on this episode...there has to be something lacking in the Bachelor to be able to pull of this premise and feel okay with it.  

• Love 9