Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: The Finale / S20.E12: After The Final Rose

• Start Topic

Ben struggles to choose between the final two bachelorettes after introducing them both to his parents and going on last dates with each woman. Confused and conflicted on the final day, Ben makes a last-minute phone call that could change everything.

Ben Higgins recaps the season in an interview with Chris Harrison. Also: The final two bachelorettes discuss the outcome of the show.

I've always wanted the guy & F1 to get married on ATFR! But Ben & Chris are really digging their heels in with the "I love two women". I can't believe the second place woman's parents are there!!

This is awful. This "show" truly needs new "writers." Both girls were told "I love you" which everybody knows is the #1 taboo that The Bachelor dude is absolutely not allowed to say until the proposal. Both girls should be ultra-happy, they should both be acting like they got the answer sheet to the final exam ahead of time. They should both be 100% confident and both "know" they will be the one. Now THAT would be an explosive finale when a 100% confident girl was sent home, totally blindsided.

Instead, we have 3 mopey, miserable people without a glimmer of happiness. Who cares who he picks, the girl will always know she was a coin flip. Way to be a downer, Bachelor writers!

• Love 8

This dude is messed up ... If his feelings are real, you always marry your best friend who you can be yourself with rather than the well-polished girl.  That relationship is going to blow up.

• Love 12

Even though both women professed their love for Ben, I thought JoJo was more sincere.  She should have known it was Lauren when she was yammering away at the waterfall and Ben was literally pulling away.  When he told her he considers her "a best friend" and that he also loves Lauren, it was game and match. 

• Love 5

Nice dress Jojo, let him see what he is going to be missing (that cleavage). ;)

WTF? He is still telling Jojo he fell in love with two people as he is letting her go. This boy (and I mean BOY) needs a slap upside the head. I hope Jojo's brothers come after him. 

• Love 14

I generally don't feel bad for the number 2 in this show, but I genuinely feel bad here.  I feel like Ben really was leading her on, moreso than I've seen in previous seasons.

Did anyone happen to see, as the number 2 was driving away and Ben took his jacket off, wandering around, what he had down the back of his pants at the waist???  It looked like an ice pack or something.

• Love 7

I generally don't feel bad for the number 2 in this show, but I genuinely feel bad here. I feel like Ben really was leading her on, moreso than I've seen in previous seasons.

Did anyone happen to see, as the number 2 was driving away and Ben took his jacket off, wandering around, what he had down the back of his pants at the waist??? It looked like an ice pack or something.

It's his mic pack.

• Love 2

I knew a full Mesnick wasn't coming but I so wanted to see it.

Have no idea if Lauren really wants to marry him or not tonight, if this wedding farce is for real.  My guess she'll do it to save face.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Points to Jojo for a unique floral arrangement in a shell as compared to Lauren's typical bouquet and wine. A kazillion more points to Jojo for pointing out that Ben is hard on himself as opposed to Lauren who had no clue what his mom meant when she mentioned it first. The connection seemed deeper with Jojo just as how they appeared to the parents (for example, Ben and Jojo both describing feeling safe with each other as opposed to Ben and Lauren each feeling not good enough for each other or it's to good to be true), but the parents seemed equally impressed with each woman. Mom's afraid he won't know with whom to put a stake in, but fantasy suites were last week, so he already put a stake in both of them...plus Caila. Jojo asked Ben whether he's ready to propose to either. He said, "yeah" while shaking his head no. Jojo responds that she's glad they're on the same page--but he might be on Lauren's page! It's like a choose your adventure book: Turn to page 24 to go with the woman who makes you feel safe as a best friend and life partner, or turn to page 37 for the one who makes you feel insecure as the unattainable ideal.

Ben seems terrified on this date with Lauren. And his "no matter what happens, you made me a better person for having known you" speech with everything in the past tense sounds like a total break up speech...so that means he's choosing her, right?

Ben seems to have forgotten that he and Jojo already had a waterfall date, but, come on, there are a lot of women to keep track of! He's being distant with Jojo, too. ... Ok, big change by the evening portion. Although he felt the same confusion with each, you can see that he DOES have a much deeper relationship with Jojo in how they express their feelings to each other.

To me, as edited for the home viewer, I'm Team Jojo 100%. But, Ben, you don't HAVE to propose. This is pretty insane to think proposing to one while you're still in love with the other is a good idea. Every time you get into a stupid little tiff you're going to be questioning what if! I bet the other one wouldn't forget to pick up milk!

Oh, snap! Getting called out by Neil Lane by not knowing which woman he's proposing to. But somehow "the" ring spoke to him and told him which woman to choose.

Oh, no no, Jojo! She's going to have to walk back up this meandering gangplank of shame. They better break Bachelor filming protocol and make Jojo the Bachelorette! Where do I cast my Bachelor Nation vote?! Do we have Bachelorette caucus?!

Normally I would think that was a sweet proposal. I always tear up even if the lead doesn't choose the one I was rooting for, but that was just awkward immediately after him going on about how much he loves Jojo. I would be pissed if I were Lauren watching this episode. No wonder why he needs to lock down and marry Lauren live on air before she has a second for it to sink in. (Although no one thinks they're getting married tonight, right?)

• Love 10

I think he really didn't know how to express himself so he defaulted to "I love you's." Which, since it hadn't been done before, what were the girls supposed to think? I do think Jojo was warned when he told her he loved Lauren too.

• Love 3

JoJo = HOT!

On behalf of millions of single men across North America, thank you for dumping her Ben!

This show was a bore, though. The first 90 minutes should have been trimmed to about 15 minutes, and they could have added an hour to the ATFR show. I am much more interested in hearing the fallout from the decision and a discussion of the season than any of the pre-choice waffling that revealed nothing and seemed contrived/fake/acted.

But thanks to the producers for showing us Ben's pastor FOUR TIMES...and every time he was reading his little book. What could he be studying right now? Shouldn't he know it all already? Why is he cramming! Ben has a procrastinating pastor!

• Love 19

Any minister who goes on The Bachelor after show gets a side eye from me.

I hope he was busy thumbing through that Bible looking for the Book of Revelation.  Because that seems the most appropriate.

• Love 8

Jojo is scorching hot, like I have a crush on her.  Lauren is so blah.  I don't know if the show was edited this way.  But Lauren showed almost nothing for Ben whereas Jojo was so passionate , such an emotional mess meeting Ben's parents.  Lauren was so smug and confident the entire time.  Whatever, I don't really get it.

I've only watched two seasons of this shit and both seasons were spoiled for me against my will very early on in the season.  How do you guys deal with it?  It's so awful, I never have this issue with my other reality shows.  What a mess.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

Jojo is being surprisingly nice to Ben.... I predict that she is the next Bachelorette!

Without a doubt!! "It all worked out for a reason." Left unsaid but definitely implied "for me to be The Bachelorette!"

• Love 6

I would love, love, love (love x1000000000) if the Bachelorette or Bachelor was a POC.  It's a damn shame it couldn't be Caila for the diversity factor but the reaction to Caila on Twitter seemed to be very negative.  It's really too bad.  Caila's strange, robotic, repressed way of dealing or not dealing with her emotions freaked me out almost constantly -- I couldn't follow any of it.  Meanwhile the Scorching Hot Jojo would have a very dramatic, sexy, exciting season full of men fighting over her and trying their hardest to get close (my imagination is running wild at the possibilities).  Unfortunately (in terms of diversity, unfortunately) Jojo was just the better choice.  And unfortunately if her type is BEN I worry that another vanilla (in terms of colour) season is coming our way.  Jojo was always way too hot for Ben and yet she seemed to genuinely love the guy. Sigh.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Lauren got her roots done.  That'll keep him from straying.  But the dress is ugly.  

I give them til Labor Day.

Yeah, how did Jimmy Kimmel put it one year? Something like, the bachelor chooses the one woman he wants to be contractually obligated to pretend to be engaged to for the next 6 months.
  • Love 3

Did it look like had some work done on her face?  Something looked different.

Ashley Spivey tweeted out she thinks Lauren got veeners;  and that she wants them too but Dr. Ashley Rosenbaum talks her out of doing so each time she brings it up.

• Love 3

Springing a wedding on them right now is stupid. they are almost obligated to yes, and they need time together before they get married.

I don't buy that Lauren and Ben are in love.

• Love 1