Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
mstaken

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

I never regularly watched the show, but from time to time when these discussions arise, it just sounds awful.

• Like 7

My UO is that I don't like either Rachel or Ross in their relationship so I don't spend much time feeling sorry for either of them.  Rachel is just as horrible to him, including flying to England to ruin his wedding (I am not talking about his saying the wrong name, which is on him, but deciding that she should tell him right before he gets married that she is in love with him, which was a crappy thing to do).  My favorite episode was TOW videotape for many reasons, one of which is that it is one of the few times she gets caught and called out for being manipulative toward Ross.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Yeah, it was amazing that none of their friends ever just went over with them the actual reasons they kept having problems, which mostly came down to not respecting each other that much. This was particularly true of Ross, who did things like humiliating Rachel on her first day at work at the job she actually wants as a career because he just can't see the job as anything more than some guy giving her something because he wants to sleep with her. Ross thinks that's all she's got going for her, so he assumed that's all there was.

Iirc, there's even a later ep that reveals that in high school he and another geek had an "I hate Rachel" club because Ross was just that much of an incel! His position always seemed to be that he loved her despite the fact that she shouldn't have been good enough for him. It was kind of amazing when the show actually made a healthy couple with Monica and Chandler.

19 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

My UO is that I don't like either Rachel or Ross in their relationship so I don't spend much time feeling sorry for either of them.  Rachel is just as horrible to him, including flying to England to ruin his wedding (I am not talking about his saying the wrong name, which is on him, but deciding that she should tell him right before he gets married that she is in love with him, which was a crappy thing to do).  My favorite episode was TOW videotape for many reasons, one of which is that it is one of the few times she gets caught and called out for being manipulative toward Ross.

I agree. I was for Ross and Rachel until they put them together. Instead of being romantic, great or anything. They ended up making it clear why they should not be together. They had nothing in common, didn't respect each other and didn't work. They both ended up being crappy to each other and after they broke up they treated each other even worse. Constantly messing with each other's relationships. It really made the characters come off even worse. They ended up acting like those bitter exes who can't stand to see their ex happy with someone else. I ended up hating both characters because of that. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Yes, that's another great defining moment. They only seemed to like each other enough to not want the other person to be happy. It never seems like there's a single moment where either of them seems to organically like the other person for who they are.

In fact, I think that's what this prom episode is trying to do, show Rachel seeing Ross with these new eyes and seeing he's a beautiful guy--except he's not actually doing anything that would believably make her think that in that moment. Honestly, she made more sense with Joey, even if it was just as friends.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I never regularly watched the show, but from time to time when these discussions arise, it just sounds awful.

Yeah, I've only ever seen the occasional episode here and there, so it's always fascinating to be sitting on the sidelines and reading this stuff about these two, and comparing how people view the Ross/Rachel relationship now to how it was received back in the day. The more I hear about this relationship, the more exhausting it sounds.

5 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

They should never have gotten back together, and only did so at the end because the showrunners figured they might as well give the fans what they want, even if it doesn't make any sense.

It's funny how that works with some shows...sometimes they give the fans what they want, and it can still backfire, for the reasons you note, and then sometimes they don't give them what they want because they do want to do what's best for the story, and that backfires, too.

Writing for a TV show is hard :p. 

• Like 5

This might not be an UO, but I am beyond tired of shows being bundled together or remixed and then passed off as new.

• Like 8

I've said this before whenever this conversation comes up and I'll say it again, the best time to end the Ross and Rachel romantic pairing should have been when she saw him in England right before his wedding.  She realized he had moved on and she accepted it.  It's actually a very beautiful moment when she congratulates him.  And the beauty of ending it there is that is that it doesn't fundamentally change the rest of the series.  He could still could have said the wrong name at the alter, they still could have gotten drunk and married in Vegas, and they still could have conceived Emma.  You don't need to be in love with the person to do any of those things.  The only difference is ending the series with them as a couple which is really no big loss as far as I'm concerned.  And by then it had been so long since they were an actual couple I think many people were over it.  Or at least I was.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, kiddo82 said:

I've said this before whenever this conversation comes up and I'll say it again, the best time to end the Ross and Rachel romantic pairing should have been when she saw him in England right before his wedding.  She realized he had moved on and she accepted it.  It's actually a very beautiful moment when she congratulates him.  And the beauty of ending it there is that is that it doesn't fundamentally change the rest of the series.  He could still could have said the wrong name at the alter, they still could have gotten drunk and married in Vegas, and they still could have conceived Emma.  You don't need to be in love with the person to do any of those things.  The only difference is ending the series with them as a couple which is really no big loss as far as I'm concerned.  And by then it had been so long since they were an actual couple I think many people were over it.  Or at least I was.  

But the producers weren't ready and that is the number one reason I hate shows. The neverending ship.

They throw relationship after relationship at the leads but they know that in the end it was always going to be Ross and Rachel. With the neverending ship it doesn't matter if Ross has great chemistry with Julie or Charlie they will kill those perfect relationships so he can end up with Rachel. What happens for me is that I just know at a certain point that all relationships will end so you just wait for the it to finally happen. I will never understand it or enjoy it, it kills the show.

One example is on a great show; Everwood where Ephram falls for Laynie, great chemistry and energy but they had to kill it so he can end up with Amy which was my all time example of a really crappy ship. It killed a great show for me.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Especially since Rachel had decided not to date Ross because of the awful list he made when trying to decide between her and Julie. Sorry, but that prom incident does not override that for me.

That stupid list. I'm pretty sure I was in elementary school when this episode aired, and I thought Rachel was an idiot for not realizing immediately that Rachem = Rachel.

• Like 8

On 5/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Xena Warrior Princess was a better feminist show than Buffy the Vampire Slayer ten ways to Sunday. Fight me.

I don't know if Xena was more feminist than Buffy, but my UO is that Xena and Gabrielle were close friends, not lesbian lovers. Yeah, yeah, "it's all subtext!", but sometimes a cigar really is a cigar.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:19 PM, Zella said:

We had a pretty nice little lovefest going on for Just Shoot Me recently in the "Land That Time Forgot" thread. I'd always been under the impression the show wasn't popular, so I enjoyed seeing other folks who enjoyed it as much as I did. 

I recently read  an article on Just Shoot Me that made me want to revisit the show.

https://25yearslatersite.com/2020/06/11/remembering-the-second-season-of-just-shoot-me/

On 6/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, Shannon L. said:

I understand and appreciate what Watchmen was saying about systemic racism, but it was way to weird for me to really stay tuned in.  I did continue watching it because my son and husband were enjoying it, but I, personally, considered it too ridiculous (with the exception of a few scenes--the opening segment with the bombing being one.) and if it hadn't been for them, I probably wouldn't have gotten through it.  As it was, I kept drifting.

I had low expectations when I watched The Watchmen b/c it involved that guy who made Lost, so I enjoyed it and refused to follow the online companion rabbit trails this time until the wheels fell of in the last couple episodes.

On 6/21/2020 at 12:48 PM, Blergh said:

As hokey and often simplistic the 1979-80 version of Battlestar Galactica was, I liked it much better than the depressing, broody and boot-deep 2005-2009 version. Why the former version didn't even make it one season while the latter lasted for four years, I will NEVER understand!  I couldn't even make it through one of the latter show's episodes. 

I tried to watch the new BSG pn CometTV but couldn't get past the low lighting and how it appears to be taped on a hand-held vidcam with a malfunctioning zoom.

On 6/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, meep.meep said:

But mostly it was the stupid robot dog.  And the adorable moppet.

Although it was progressive - they had two black guys!  Tighe and Boomer.

Ugh, that stupid robot dog and little boy! 

I always remember this line from Mad Magazine's spoof (page 5, first panel):

https://images.app.goo.gl/Sc1fx3dyv5Hiqmmn7

"You're so precious, Barfy! Every week, you say some innocent, endearing thing that makes me long for the ultimate destruction of all life on this ship!"

On 6/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Is "Lexx" the sci-fi show that had giant insects (or something that looked like them) as spaceships or flying machines or something? I think I watched maybe one season of it. If it's on Tubi, I might have to check it out again. (If you can accept Tubi's limitations, with oddball show selections and commercial interruptions that don't follow any logical placement, it's not a bad streaming service. I was able to watch "Space: 1999" there.) 

Ooooh, it's on Tubi? Lexx was one of my fav SF space operas!

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

It's funny how that works with some shows...sometimes they give the fans what they want, and it can still backfire, for the reasons you note, and then sometimes they don't give them what they want because they do want to do what's best for the story, and that backfires, too.

Writing for a TV show is hard :p. 

TPTBs - Know the show you have. It may not be what you thought it was. Tell the story that should be told. There's no reason shows should be on 10 years unless it's like Hotel or Doctor Who and you're spinning characters out and in. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

I don't know if Xena was more feminist than Buffy, but my UO is that Xena and Gabrielle were close friends, not lesbian lovers. Yeah, yeah, "it's all subtext!", but sometimes a cigar really is a cigar.

That was how I viewed it too, but then I was mostly just watching for Hades, Hot God of the Underworld anyway.

11 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:
On ‎06‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:17 PM, meep.meep said:

But mostly it was the stupid robot dog.  And the adorable moppet.

Although it was progressive - they had two black guys!  Tighe and Boomer.

Ugh, that stupid robot dog and little boy! 

I always remember this line from Mad Magazine's spoof (page 5, first panel):

https://images.app.goo.gl/Sc1fx3dyv5Hiqmmn7

You're so precious, Barfy! Every week, you say some innocent, endearing thing that makes me long for the ultimate destruction of all life on this ship!

Yeah, Muffy and Boxey could've been shoved out a airlock and that would've improved the show 100%.  And yet, I rewatched every episode when METV ran it, even the really awful ones, because of Dirk Benedict and Herbert Jefferson.

Okay, so here's a real UO: I hate that they made the Doctor a woman on Doctor Who, especially since they cast Jodie Whittaker.  With a different actress, I probably would've come around in time, but I cannot stand her as an actress, so the last Peter Capaldi episode was my last, after watching since the early 80s.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

That was how I viewed it too, but then I was mostly just watching for Hades, Hot God of the Underworld anyway.

Ares for me. Ridiculously hot. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Okay, so here's a real UO: I hate that they made the Doctor a woman on Doctor Who, especially since they cast Jodie Whittaker.  With a different actress, I probably would've come around in time, but I cannot stand her as an actress, so the last Peter Capaldi episode was my last, after watching since the early 80s.

I really wanted Olivia Colman. Jodie was fine but I had to quit watching because I hate Chris Chibnall. He's a shit writer and I think he sucks as a showrunner.

I still watched though because I'm like yay! diverse companions but here's my UO: They were so boring. Except the old white guy. I don't care about whether they get a new doctor or not but I'm not watching again until there's a new showrunner.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, Muffy and Boxey could've been shoved out a airlock and that would've improved the show 100%.  And yet, I rewatched every episode when METV ran it, even the really awful ones, because of Dirk Benedict and Herbert Jefferson.

I think the original Battlestar Galactica  had a kid character because it was on at a family friendly hour. There was pressure on the networks to air shows that everyone could watch before nine o'clock

• Useful 1

One odd footnote of the original Battlestar Galactica was that the child Boxey's mother was played by the then barely known but later famous Jane Seymour- yet she had almost no chemistry for her own onscreen child and the death of her first husband (Boxey's father) was treated with all the anguish of dropping one's last French fry on the floor before eating it.  The dog android Muffy was created because Boxey's original dog died in the same skirmish that had killed his father (who had been trying to protect Boxey himself in the process), yet Jane Seymour's character thought  ALL of Boxey's trauma had had to do with the loss of his dog rather than his father. Of course, Boxey's mother got courted then wed one of Adama's sons within days of her first husband's death before dying in another skirmish a very short time later so Boxey would be brought into the family fold that way! 

• Laugh 5

On 7/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, supposebly said:

There was nothing clever about HIMYM. That frame about the kids became ridiculous after a while.

That's a UO? 😉 

I enjoyed the show and was TV literate enough to know it was a framing concept, but I lost interest before the end and knew the big reveal would never be satisfying.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, Bastet said:

Oh, lords, the first season of Top Chef is horrible.  Season two is worse.  But I stuck with it for the potential and given the TV landscape at the time.  It took a while to shake off the reality show stench and establish itself as a proper cooking competition, after which it recruited a better and better caliber of chefs and judges to in fairly short order become the gold standard.  Even though the "cheftestants" do live together during filming, the footage from the house is minimal - mostly just little 30-second glimpses at the beginning of each episode to hint at the personal dynamics - as it's about the cooking.

It's one of the very few competition shows I watch other than Jeopardy! (I also watch Beat Bobby Flay and occasionally Chopped

I still find myself getting angry whenever I see someone from the 2nd season of Top Chef. I mean, seeing red angry. I pretty much lost interest after that mess and TPTB's attempts to cover it up.

I watched Beat Bobby Flay once and felt cheated after realizing no one was going to assault him. 😄 

On 8/18/2020 at 7:54 AM, BradyBunchFan said:

Two and a Half Men should've ended when either:

• Angus T. Jones got too old
  • Charlie Sheen left the show

Agreed. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Ares for me. Ridiculously hot. 

He was just a great character. You know it was going to be hijinks when he showed up. 

• Like 5

On 8/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, proserpina65 said:

I had pretty much lost interest after Ten, but making a female doctor, along with the "wokeness" lecturing, reeked of pandering and killed any interest in watching that remained. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Blergh said:

and the death of her first husband (Boxey's father) was treated with all the anguish of dropping one's last French fry on the floor before eating it. 

Ok, but in their defense, if I dropped my last McDonald's french fry on the floor I would be devastated., distraught, there would be towel wringing, there would be tears, there would be me eating it off the floor because that is about the worst thing that could happen! 

I actually love Jodie as the Doctor. I wasn't sure about her having seen Broadchurch and wanting to shove her character down a well but for me she has great energy as the Doctor and has brought a joy back to the character that has been missing for some time. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

I watched series 3 of Broadchurch at the same time as Doctor Who. 

58 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I wasn't sure about her having seen Broadchurch

Yeah. She was trying. 

Doctor Who was jarring to start. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:02 AM, Blergh said:

One odd footnote of the original Battlestar Galactica was that the child Boxey's mother was played by the then barely known but later famous Jane Seymour- yet she had almost no chemistry for her own onscreen child and the death of her first husband (Boxey's father) was treated with all the anguish of dropping one's last French fry on the floor before eating it.  The dog android Muffy was created because Boxey's original dog died in the same skirmish that had killed his father (who had been trying to protect Boxey himself in the process), yet Jane Seymour's character thought  ALL of Boxey's trauma had had to do with the loss of his dog rather than his father. Of course, Boxey's mother got courted then wed one of Adama's sons within days of her first husband's death before dying in another skirmish a very short time later so Boxey would be brought into the family fold that way! 

Was she actually his mother though?  I seem to remember (although my memory might be based on the novelizations) that Serina wasn't actually Boxey's mother, but that she found him on his own after the Cylon attack and helped get him a spot on the evacuation ships. 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

He was just a great character. You know it was going to be hijinks when he showed up. 

Eh, I didn't mind the character at first, but I got very tired of him very quickly.  Although the episode where he was stuck being a mortal was amusing.

5 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

Was she actually his mother though?  I seem to remember (although my memory might be based on the novelizations) that Serina wasn't actually Boxey's mother, but that she found him on his own after the Cylon attack and helped get him a spot on the evacuation ships. 

I think she was his mother on the show, but not in the novelization.  But yeah, there was no chemistry to that relationship at all.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:55 PM, Mabinogia said:

Ok, but in their defense, if I dropped my last McDonald's french fry on the floor I would be devastated., distraught, there would be towel wringing, there would be tears, there would be me eating it off the floor because that is about the worst thing that could happen! 

Me, too.

I do not care that US Big Brother isn't played the same way it was five years ago, or feel that Derek L. forever "ruined" the game, or care that producer Alison Grodner rigs the show for her beloved bros, or care that people come on the show to "promote" themselves instead of coming to play like they supposedly did in the good ol' days of the game. I also don't feel gutpunched that Janelle and Kaysar's days are numbered in the game. While I love Janelle, I never really warmed up to Kaysar. I've also made peace with the idea of Nicole Franzel being dragged to the end because you'd be stupid not to do it. Nobody is voting for a previous winner. This is not Survivor, and Nicole Franzel is not Sandra. There, I said it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

OK, I looked it up and according to wiki, while Serina WAS Boxey's mother, evidently it claims  the fate of his bio dad was left  a mystery . However, I recall some father sacrificing himself for their family's safety against the Cylon attack! So I guess my Battlestar Galactica 1978 UO here is that my memory seems to have played tricks on me and given that family more of a backstory than it actually had! 

• Like 3

I had no problem with Martin Short's appearance on Arrested Development. People seem to not like him here but other then a few roles I think he's great.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I had no problem with Martin Short's appearance on Arrested Development. People seem to not like him here but other then a few roles I think he's great.

I like Martin Short also.

• Like 4

On 8/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, VCRTracking said:

I love Martin Short, actor and person.

• Like 13

Is loving Martin Short an UO?  That makes me sad.  When Kathie Lee Gifford kept asking him about his dead wife, he handled himself with such grace.  And I usually think he is funny.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Is loving Martin Short an UO?  That makes me sad.  When Kathie Lee Gifford kept asking him about his dead wife, he handled himself with such grace.  And I usually think he is funny.

I think loving Martin Short, the human being, isn't unpopular.  He all around seems like a great guy (2020--don't you think of bringing something up that will change my opinion of him!)

But Martin Short's comedic choices can irritate people, though.  I'll admit, he can be hit and miss for me when he's doing his schtick.  Loved him in Inner Space, The Three Amigos, Father of The Bride....etc.  I even love his vile celebrity interviewer character.  I think he's terrific on SNL. 

But there have been things, like his Arrested Development character, that just fall flat for me.  And I think not hating that character is an unpopular opinion and well played by @VCRTracking.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 6

I actually like Martin Short a lot, but I feel like he doesn't get enough vehicles that really, really showcase his talents. It feels like the poor guy gets a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel stuff.

• Like 6

When Lorne Michaels returned to producing SNL he wanted Martin Short who was in the previous season under Dick Ebersol to stay but Short turned him down. He said in the SNL in the 80s that to be on SNL you had to be younger and more bright eyed. 

Here's another UO: Lorne Michael's method of running SNL works. Yes 95 percent of the average episode is at best meh, but you forget the bad sketches while that one great sketch you remember years later. Also even though a lot of people don't go on to great success outside the show there's an impressive amount of ones who do, writers and performers, who also retain their unique individual voice, from Michael O'Donnaghue to John Mulaney.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't remember Short on AD. 

He played Uncle Jack and he was in one episode.  Here's a brief clip.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 2:54 PM, aquarian1 said:

My UPO on Just Shoot Me is I hate the "slow Donnie" episodes.  HAAAAATE!

To be fair, there's only one "slow Donnie" episode, which I think is hilarious because he's such a sleaze who finally cracks because Jack drives him crazy. I sometimes say "Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiiiie," but no one gets the reference. The other episodes where he appears he's just a con man.

I didn't know there were other "Just Shoot Me" fans. I have the first three seasons on DVD, but I've been binging the show on Hulu. The first three or four seasons are the best. I used to be sorry that Maya and Elliott didn't end up together, but in rewatching, I think they worked better as friends. The show was also better when Allie remained just the dingbat on the other end of the phone, not when she appeared in person later on.

• Like 6

As a Star Wars fan I love the episodes of Just Shoot Me where Mark Hamill and George Lucas guest star.

UO: I like the Friends story arc of Joey being in love with Rachel. Let me be clear I do NOT think they should ever be a couple and them actually being together briefly was weird and wrong but I like Matt Leblanc's performance during that story. People complain about Joey being too dumb in the later seasons but he's not whenever he does those scenes. I like the conflict he has over loyalty of friendship to Ross and his growing feelings for Rachel. It's much more sympathetic to me now than Ross' pining in season 1. 

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

To be fair, there's only one "slow Donnie" episode, which I think is hilarious because he's such a sleaze who finally cracks because Jack drives him crazy. I sometimes say "Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiiiie," but no one gets the reference. The other episodes where he appears he's just a con man.

I didn't know there were other "Just Shoot Me" fans. I have the first three seasons on DVD, but I've been binging the show on Hulu. The first three or four seasons are the best. I used to be sorry that Maya and Elliott didn't end up together, but in rewatching, I think they worked better as friends. The show was also better when Allie remained just the dingbat on the other end of the phone, not when she appeared in person later on.

Yeah I didn't find the idea of Slow Donnie inherently that funny on its own, but watching Jack inadvertently break him in a way that Maya never could, no matter how hard she tried, will always be hilarious to me. 

I really liked Maya and Elliott as friends and they are one of the only TV couples I've ever rooted for them to get together. And then once they did, I was like, "Never mind, this doesn't work as well at all." 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

The first time when theyre alone Donnie drops the slow act and Maya's reaction made me laugh and much.

Another thing I liked about the Joey in love with Rachel thing was by that point had fans had become complacent regarding Ross/Rachel. They knew nothing was going to keep them from being endgame, not British girls, not Bruce Willis, nothing. She was having his baby for chissakes! So Joey suddenly having feelings had them shook. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Another thing I liked about the Joey in love with Rachel thing was by that point had fans had become complacent regarding Ross/Rachel. They knew nothing was going to keep them from being endgame, not British girls, not Bruce Willis, nothing. She was having his baby for chissakes! So Joey suddenly having feelings had them shook. 

And NONE of them were worth even a percentage of all that fan angst, IMUO!

Ironically, Mr. Willis wound up playing the closest character that one could say was vaguely likable among all the above mentioned!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Ironically, Mr. Willis wound up playing the closest character that one could say was vaguely likable among all the above mentioned!

I like the young assistant. I forgot his name but he was in the movie "Miracle". I wondered why Dermot Mulroney was so short lived? His character was on for just a few episodes and that plot never went anywhere.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

I didn't really think Paul was all that likeable.  I don't mind that he didn't want his 19-21 year old daughter dating Ross, but he came off kind of strong.  And that whole ridiculous crying episode really turned me off.

I did like Emily.  The groom says the wrong name at the wedding and somehow the bride becomes the bad guy in the whole thing.  OK, show.

• Like 14

Mona was my favorite love interest on Friends.  She seemed so sweet and normal.  Good for her for running away though.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

Mona was my favorite love interest on Friends.  She seemed so sweet and normal.  Good for her for running away though.

I agree with Ross on Mona.  I judge her for not breaking up with him sooner.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I did like Emily.  The groom says the wrong name at the wedding and somehow the bride becomes the bad guy in the whole thing.  OK, show.

As with Mona, her real mistake was just not walking away from her sooner. Like in that moment. She would have saved herself so much trouble instead of throwing good effort after bad. I seem to recall she barely missed Ross nearly going away on the honeymoon with Rachel instead of her? Would have been better for Emily if they'd gone since she'd just have dumped him then. (I will say that I love the scene where Rachel's father shows up to yell at Ross for the pregnancy while Mona is there, though. David Schwimmer's really good there.)

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

(I will say that I love the scene where Rachel's father shows up to yell at Ross for the pregnancy while Mona is there, though. David Schwimmer's really good there.)

And that's when Mona should have dumped him.

• Like 5

I liked Pete until he decided to be an ultimate fighter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

(I will say that I love the scene where Rachel's father shows up to yell at Ross for the pregnancy while Mona is there, though. David Schwimmer's really good there.)

That's one of my favorite Schwimmer scenes.  And then Joey leaves the message on the machine about the hooker Ross is just saying "No! No!" to everyone.

• Laugh 5