Type keyword(s) to search

Party of One: Unpopular TV Opinions

• Start Topic

Per Wikipedia, the moment Fonzie jumped over the shark marked the show's shift towards more Fonzie-centric story telling and away from the main characters. I can't speak to the quality of the show before or after though.

• Love 1

Basically, they ran out of ideas by that point that they were using Fonzie so much. Nowadays, it probably would have ended a few seasons prior. 

But, oh was it worth it for the gag on Arrested Development. 

• Love 3

I thought Happy Days had become Fonzie-centric long before the infamous shark-jumping episode. To me, "jump the shark" means introducing a gimmick that shows clearly the writers are running out of ideas and that affects the show for the worse thereafter. Examples: introducing a new baby or a "Cousin Oliver" bad new character or having a sparring pair "do it" or changing the central premise in a bad way.

Edited by GreekGeek
  • Love 4

Although the show is not really my thing, I've got this weird compulsion to defend 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'. They come across a a fundamentally caring family who are supportive of Alanna's pageant dreams  and generally mean welland it bugs me how a lot of the criticism seems to come down to 'how dare someone make a reality show about people who are fat and on the poor end of working class' and I'm just not big on the classism and fat-bashing vibe that comes off that criticism.

I really do find them far more tolerable than the Kardashiai.

• Love 9
I have probably seen less than five full episodes of Breaking Bad but I watched enough to know that I did not like Skylar.

I hated Skylar in the first season.  Hated her.  I don't care what anyone says, she was a terrible person in season one.  She should NOT have been liked.  But as the show went on I became more and more sympathetic to her.  Her life became a nightmare and I thought her reactions were how a person really should be reacting in her place.

Ditto Hank.  Hated him at first and then slowly began to love him.

Never liked Marie, though.  Ever.

1.  All of the Kardashians need to fall off the face of the earth - now.

My UO is that I don't really mind the Kardashians.   They are just narcissitic people who in the grand scheme of things don't really matter that much.  Frankly they don't even crack my personal list of the top 100 awful people who need die painfully. 

• Love 2

My UO is that I don't really mind the Kardashians.   They are just narcissitic people who in the grand scheme of things don't really matter that much.  Frankly they don't even crack my personal list of the top 100 awful people who need die painfully. 

The only thing I would argue is that your opinion is not an unpopular one, mine is.  Clearly they are loved, or they wouldn't have 98 different television shows that air constantly or be in the news non-stop.  

Although the show is not really my thing, I've got this weird compulsion to defend 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'. They come across a a fundamentally caring family who are supportive of Alanna's pageant dreams  and generally mean welland it bugs me how a lot of the criticism seems to come down to 'how dare someone make a reality show about people who are fat and on the poor end of working class' and I'm just not big on the classism and fat-bashing vibe that comes off that criticism.

I know what you mean, though I don't watch the show, either.  I remember all of the backlash when the show premiered, and it was really over the top.  Like, how dare they be low class, and especially...fat? Someone start a petition!           

• Love 2

For the record, let me state that I do not object to them because they are fat and poor.  I hate them with the same fervor and zeal that I hate all reality tv families, this includes Kardashians, Duggars, Browns, Gosselins, etc....   I am an equal opportunity reality tv hater.  

• Love 11

My UO is that I don't really mind the Kardashians.   They are just narcissitic people who in the grand scheme of things don't really matter that much.

I haven't watched a second of their shows. I follow pop culture throughout the day on a FB blog and read EW. So I know of them. What bothers me is that they aren't just narcissitic people, but that they're basically an organized crime family, who use legit means to rip people off. They should be prosecuted under RICO. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4

For the record, let me state that I do not object to them because they are fat and poor.  I hate them with the same fervor and zeal that I hate all reality tv families, this includes Kardashians, Duggars, Browns, Gosselins, etc....   I am an equal opportunity reality tv hater.  

I was about to post something similar, since I hate reality programming, and it's not because the people from Honey Boo Boo are fat and poor. I consider all reality shows the Attack of the Fifty Foot Moron, and that has nothing to with how much money the people have. Wahlburgers, I'm looking at you.

• Love 4

1. All of the Kardashians need to fall off the face of the earth - now.

2. They can take the rest of the famewhores with them - the sisterwives, the Honey Boo Boos, the Bachelors and Bachelorettes, the people who think they can dance, the washed up celebrities who try and dance and pretty much all other reality crap.

3. Modern Family is no longer funny.

4. Outlander is a lame bodice-ripper brought to life.

5. Seinfeld and How I Met Your Mother, just not that funny.

I think I love you!

• Love 1

Although the show is not really my thing, I've got this weird compulsion to defend 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'. They come across a a fundamentally caring family who are supportive of Alanna's pageant dreams and generally mean welland it bugs me how a lot of the criticism seems to come down to 'how dare someone make a reality show about people who are fat and on the poor end of working class' and I'm just not big on the classism and fat-bashing vibe that comes off that criticism.

It's not that they're grossly overweight, tho grandizing a family that overweight w/poor eating habits is a poor reflection on US, it's their manners !

They're disgusting & embarrassing.

For the record, The Little Couple is a reality show worth watching, for many reason: :their two adorable adopted kids, their graciousness, their ability to not use their disability as a crutch or entitlement, the fact that they can become a successful business owner & a doctor, hiw to handle crises (infertility, surgery, international adoption, cancer).

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

The only thing I find annoying about reality TV is the assumption that any of it is based on reality.  Between pre and post scene talking heads, frankenbiting, staging, producer cajoling, tricky editing, and alleged scripting, it's not that much different from scripted TV. So the genre itself doesn't bother me. There are quality shows and crappy ones, and just like with scripted TV, sometimes the crappy stuff is what's popular.

• Love 5

UO - Veronica Mars and that Buffy show - totally unwatcheable for me, and I wonder what I am missing, because people whose opinion I'd usually trust are gaga over this shit, and I - am not.

Add Gilmore Girls and this is me.  All are shows I skipped the first time around, thinking, "No thanks; maybe if I was fifteen."  All are shows other discerning adults have recommended to me in the intervening years.  And all are shows I tried and thought, "Not even if I was fifteen."

• Love 3

Add Gilmore Girls and this is me.  All are shows I skipped the first time around, thinking, "No thanks; maybe if I was fifteen."  All are shows other discerning adults have recommended to me in the intervening years.  And all are shows I tried and thought, "Not even if I was fifteen."

I guess I watched TV when I was 15 (wiki tells me I did), but I honestly don't remember liking anything other than animals and BOYS, BOYS, BOYS.    :-)

• Love 2

We're only two episodes into the season, but I think I already hate the Twelfth Doctor. I absolutely hate his disdainful treatment of Clara (coldly mocking her looks, her wardrobe, her age, her figure, etc.), and I really don't like the implication that Amy was a superior companion, while Clara's just some useless load (Clara did things! What the hell did Amy ever do?!). The Twelfth Doctor is so petty and abusive, he's starting to make Colin Baker's much-hated Sixth Doctor seem downright cuddly by comparison!

And it's a shame, because Peter Capaldi is a fantastic actor.

• Love 2

I like them. Now, I don't want to join them for dinner or have a sleepover or anything, but I think they're funny--and I am not even a huge fan of "fa[r]t humor" in general. They seem to have a good time and actually like each other's company.

Edited by TattleTeeny

I just started watching these two shows, so I'm not entirely sure if these are UO, but I'm gathering that they are:

Call the Midwife UO: I like Jenny and don't find her boring in the slightest.

The Wire UO: I cannot STAND McNulty.  I want to smack him in his self-righteous, whiny face.  

Although the show is not really my thing, I've got this weird compulsion to defend 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'. They come across a a fundamentally caring family who are supportive of Alanna's pageant dreams and generally mean welland it bugs me how a lot of the criticism seems to come down to 'how dare someone make a reality show about people who are fat and on the poor end of working class' and I'm just not big on the classism and fat-bashing vibe that comes off that criticism.

I thought it was just me that thought this. Apart from unconventional interests, they seem like a family that actually cares for one another and aren't trying (too hard) to whore for the camera the way Kate from Jon and Kate Plus 8 was (and still is, if recent articles can be believed).
  • Love 1

I think some people only watch competitive reality shows to vociferously complain about production machinations and the ridiculousness of who goes forward on a weekly basis.

And don't have a problem with that whatsoever. I actually kind if love the conspiracy threads. I'm also one of those annoying viewers who gets amnesia after the season's over and likes everybody.

• Love 3

I didn't hate the ending of LOST.

Neither did I.  I enjoyed the finale for what it was.  LOST is my fave tv show of all time.  I had no expectations going into the final season.  I didn't care about the questions that were never answered.  I just watched the show out of pure enjoyment. 

• Love 2

The West Wing UOs: I love Amy Gardner and think that Josh and Donna should have never ended up together.

David E. Kelley UOs: I think David E. Kelley is much better at writing non-legal shows. As a law student I find his characterisation of lawyers often borders on offensive but I have thoroughly enjoyed both Picket Fences and Chicago Hope in particular.

Cheers UO: (This is a doozy) I find Diane Chambers insufferable and can't stand Sam and Diane together.

Frasier UOs: I think the Niles/Daphne relationship was really poorly handled from the time Niles split with Maris until they got together and I often disliked the ways the writers treated Lilith.

Arrested Development UO: (Another doozy) I don't hate, and in fact, rather enjoy season 4.

Edited by JacquelineLHope

S4, holistically, was a good piece of original content. It was specifically made for that and was stated right from the start. 

I don't think Arrested Development S4 is that much of a UO. TPTBs said from the get go that is was largely experimental and it was one of the first shows to be produced for an online format. People bitched a lot that "it wasn't the same AD." Well, they said it wasn't going to be from the start. Why make a show for netflix that adheres to broadcast constraints? 

As a non terrestrial, let's see what we can do with this, I think the show was successful, mainly because original online content of all kinds is normal now. 

Most of the people I know who hated the ending of Lost didn't hate it because it didn't answer the questions, although that's how Lindelof has tried to characterize it. Much as Joss Whedon dismissed fans who didn't like the last season of Buffy by claiming they just couldn't deal with the dark instead of addressing the real problems.

Here's my UO of the day: I like Veronica Mars. Sometimes her tone was a little too sharp and I would've liked to have stepped into the room and suggested she dial it back a bit, but I really like the character and wish the show had gone on a few more seasons. My even more UO: If Veronica was male, she wouldn't be criticized as harshly as she is.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 3

I didn't hate the ending of LOST.

Most of the people I know who hated the ending of Lost didn't hate it because it didn't answer the questions, although that's how Lindelof has tried to characterize it. Much as Joss Whedon dismissed fans who didn't like the last season of Buffy by claiming they just couldn't deal with the dark instead of addressing the real problems.

I rather enjoyed it and thought it held together fairly well and thought it did answer most of it's own questions and made quite a bit of sense in the end. But then I didn't watch the show when it originally aired and watched all five seasons over the course of five months. When finished I was surprised to see how much people had been so dissatisfied with the show, but I realized if I had spent five years following it, I probably wouldn't have stuck around after three.

Here's my UO of the day: I like Veronica Mars. Sometimes her tone was a little too sharp and I would've liked to have stepped into the room and suggested she dial it back a bit, but I really like the character and wish the show had gone on a few more seasons. My even more UO: If Veronica was male, she wouldn't be criticized as harshly as she is.

Possibly. I found Veronica Mars obnoxious because she was self absorbed, judgmental and generally needed someone save her--I'd like to think I would have found her obnoxious as a man too--I certainly found Logan equally obnoxious and for much of the same reasons. I actually spent most of my time watching the show wishing Mac was the lead.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

I rather enjoyed it and thought it held together fairly well and thought it did answer most of it's own questions and made quite a bit of sense in the end. But then I didn't watch the show when it originally aired and watched all five seasons over the course of five months. When finished I was surprised to see how much people had been so dissatisfied with the show, but I realized if I had spent five years following it, I probably wouldn't have stuck around after three.

I quit Lost when they ended three episodes at the same point in time with the hatch after a overly drawn out build up to the opening of the hatch.  I only came back for the last season.

I thought the series finale was ok during the watching.  I only revised my opinion retroactively.  There is a difference between not answering all the questions and confusing a large majority of the audience.

I don't think they intended the finale to be ambiguous enough that half the audience thought everyone died in the crash and none of it ever happened and the other half thought there were survivors and they all met up in the afterlife (some dying sooner or later than others) with the people they shared this pivotal moment with.  I was in the latter group.

There is a difference between not answering all the questions and confusing a large majority of the audience.

Or, not saying much of anything at all. I'm having the same problem with the Leftovers. "Well, they aren't going to answer all the questions because there would be no show left." Clearly, any show shouldn't really answer All The Questions because you want people to take away different things from the viewing experience. But deliberately avoiding anything of substance about major plot points for main characters is just not playing fair.

I don't know if it's a UO but I guess my point is, TPTBs and showrunners aren't nearly as clever as they think they are and end up screwing up their own shows more often than not. 

Lost dumped way too much into the first 3 seasons that not all of that was going to get answered. I think the problem was that they learned that too late and the last two seasons basically wiped any of that away, and the sideways universe/death ending was kind of pompous to me. I was like, "that's it?"

Another UO I have is "it's about the journey". No, it's not. That's a handwave excuse to cover up a poorly executed show. If a show isn't about something, even intangible, then you don't have a show. 

• Love 5

Another UO I have is "it's about the journey". No, it's not. That's a handwave excuse to cover up a poorly executed show. If a show isn't about something, even intangible, then you don't have a show. 

"It's about the journey"  is ok as long as the journey is not running in a hamster wheel with no end which is kind of the same thing.

I quit Lost when they ended three episodes at the same point in time with the hatch after a overly drawn out build up to the opening of the hatch.  I only came back for the last season.

I thought the series finale was ok during the watching.  I only revised my opinion retroactively.  There is a difference between not answering all the questions and confusing a large majority of the audience.

I don't think they intended the finale to be ambiguous enough that half the audience thought everyone died in the crash and none of it ever happened and the other half thought there were survivors and they all met up in the afterlife (some dying sooner or later than others) with the people they shared this pivotal moment with.  I was in the latter group.

See, I never made it to any Lost discussions because I was so late to the party it seemed overwhelming to try and get caught up, so I have no idea what other theories other people had for the show. I viewed almost the entire show from the perspective that they were dead and in some sort of purgatory-like place. And when their "soul cleansing" was complete, they all moved on to other states of being. That's why the flashbacks worked for me, because they were reflecting on their lives. Many of the other people who had been stuck there weren't ready to move on or hadn't let go of their past lives and all the other whack-a-do nonsense was because it was a different state of being. So, for me, the show worked fine, and held together well. But like I said, I'm not sure I would have stuck it out past three seasons if I was watching in real time. I think it would have been too drawn out to hold my interest and I'm sure I would have felt let down if I had waited five years for my questions to be answered with that ending.

I hate when people don't get the ending of Lost, sorry but I just do. While I personally didn't care for it, I at least paid attention. In the show Jack asks if they are all dead, and Christan replied that they all died at different times, some more recent than others. So NO they didn't all die in the crash! It says in the actual episode. This was something that I picked up the first time I watched the finale.

I was a dieheart fan of the show, started watching it when season 2 aired, after watching season 1 on dvd. I watched it alway through to the end, having seen most episodes more then once. It is still one of my favorite shows. But I may have mentioned on here (or was it tvwithoutpity) but  I hate when I have to defend an episode that wasn't my favorite, simply because so many "normal" fan's got confused. Sorry this isn't directed at anyone particually just a pet pieve.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 3
I hate when I have to defend an episode that wasn't my favorite, simply because so many "normal" fan's got confused.

If a large portion of the fans are confused, then I'd suggest that the showrunners weren't doing their job properly.

"It's about the journey"  is ok as long as the journey is not running in a hamster wheel with no end which is kind of the same thing.

Yeah, you can make shows about the journey, but you kind of have to start the show like that. You can't really throw so much at the screen and then when the mythology falls apart say, "well, it's about the journey."

The X Files was guilty of this too. As much as I liked the show, their best episodes were stuff like Home, Tooms, Pusher. They should have veered away from the alien stuff a lot more. 

• Love 3

I hate when people don't get the ending of Lost, sorry but I just do. While I personally didn't care for it, I at least paid attention. In the show Jack asks if they are all dead, and Christan replied that they all died at different times, some more recent than others. So NO they didn't all die in the crash! It says in the actual episode. This was something that I picked up the first time I watched the finale.

I know, right? It's right in the episode! I didn't like the finale, but I understood what was going on. It was spelled out with unusual clarity right in the damned episode. I do not really understand where the confusion came from. It was floated in the press afterward that the network's use of old footage of the plane debris on the beach during the end credits confused people...but that seems stupid. Although, maybe when combined with how we were taught as viewers over 6 years to not believe a word anyone said because there was no reliable narrator and the repetitive baits and switches, it's a bit understandable.

• Love 1
I was a dieheart fan of the show, started watching it when season 2 aired, after watching season 1 on dvd. I watched it alway through to the end, having seen most episodes more then once. It is still one of my favorite shows. But I may have mentioned on here (or was it tvwithoutpity) but  I hate when I have to defend an episode that wasn't my favorite, simply because so many "normal" fan's got confused. Sorry this isn't directed at anyone particually just a pet pieve.

I stopped watching Lost after they killed off Ana-Lucia, which might be a UO since when Michelle Rodriguez was on the show the character seemed pretty widely hated, which ties into another UO of hating Sawyer and wishing he would get lit on fire, because the only thing that kept him from being hated for his behavior was because he was a Bad Boy Woobie. But that's not the point of this.

I did watch the finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and while life on the forums at TWOP reinforced the value of not being a dick to people, I did often wonder if I was watching the same thing as the folks who thought Chosen rocked and was awesome. Because IMO, never in my life had I ever seen such a steaming pile of monkey manure, and I've watched a lot of television. I still think Whedon is talented, and despite its flaws I love Firefly, but when Joss slips, he really slips.

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but here it goes:  It's just tv.  I'm willing to give a lot of leeway to people who complain about lack of cultural diversity because they may have a point and a little leeway to complaints that something is out of character, but I don't care if something would or wouldn't happen in real life.  If it's entertaining, and well written, that's all I care about.  If I cared about whether or not something was realistic, then I would sit back and reflect on my own life or watch the news. 

• Love 12

UO for Gilmore Girls: I couldn't stand Lorelei. She was exhausting and annoying and criminally self-centered. Frankly, Luke became my favorite character by the end because Lorelei and Rory were so insufferable.

• Love 1

I'm fairly lenient when it comes to the X-files mytharc snafus.

As far as I know, it was one of the very first TV shows that even attempted a partially serialized format. So, yeah, I'm not too bothered. Considering it ran 9 years, it stayed fairly consistent for quite a while. Most modern shows can't handle a decent serialized story over such a long time either.

• Love 1

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but here it goes:  It's just tv.  I'm willing to give a lot of leeway to people who complain about lack of cultural diversity because they may have a point and a little leeway to complaints that something is out of character, but I don't care if something would or wouldn't happen in real life.  If it's entertaining, and well written, that's all I care about.  If I cared about whether or not something was realistic, then I would sit back and reflect on my own life or watch the news. 

I kind of agree. I don't mind viewers being irritated by something incredibly stupid that happens and in such a way that makes no sense. What truly gets to me is the nitpicking. That is, when an episode discussion thread will devolve into pages upon pages of debating something incredibly minor and not that important. And then people will start pulling out their own personal experiences and detailing how they or their husband or their parent or their wife's parents or etc. etc. had a different experience and it just goes on and on. Those are the times when I just want to scream, "it's not that serious..."

Other UO's:

Gilmore Girls - So glad to see others brought up Rory's whine-fest after Logan's dad gave her some bit of brutal honesty. I remember watching that episode and being baffled when reading comments after about how much of an asshole Logan's dad was. Yes, he wasn't the nicest guy but I didn't think anything he said to Rory was that out of line. Rory claimed she wanted to be a journalist, not just a journalist but an investigative journalist, and yet she gets a chance to sit in a room with all these experienced people in the industry and never says a thing. She never asks a question, engages them, nothing and instead just sat there passively smiling. Numerous times Logan's dad glanced at her and she never even picked up on it and that's essentially what he told her, that she didn't have that gut instinct and personality it takes to make it in that field. 

And then what does she do...basically prove him right by running off to cry to her grandparents and dropping out of school because ONE guy gave her negative feedback. And the truth was I found her reaction very believable because by that point in the series, I had come to a place of realization that I actually didn't really like either Rory or Lorelai and the main reason was because that entire damn town kissed their asses to the point that they were both incredibly entitled. Of course Rory felt entitled to have Dean when she decided she wanted him back, married or not because everyone in that town had always told her and treated her like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And it's exactly why she'd react the way she did to Logan's dad's criticism because god forbid one person not tell her how super smart, super amazing and super special she is. It's why I liked Jess when he first came to the town. Yes, he of course fell for Rory like everyone does but even while liking her, he wasn't above mentioning a few times how that entire town was basically kissing Rory and Lorelai's ass all the time and acting like they were the end all and be all of everything and it was obnoxious. Seriously, when I first started watching the show, I fell under the spell too so that's why I never noticed but by the time Rory got to college, I realized just how insufferable both women were and how obnoxiously everyone in that town seemed to cater to them.

Glee - I hate the stanning/fandom wars as much if not more than the writing on the show. No, Lea Michele is not the greatest talent ever but no, she's not the reason the show failed either. Chris Colfer is talented but no, he's not the greatest actor of his generation. No, the show was not ruined solely by Darren Criss/Blaine, etc. The hyperbole on all sides - fans and those who hate a character/actor is just obnoxious and tedious. Especially as I always maintain that blame should be laid where it truly deserves to be - the writers.

Twisted - I thought the Lacey/Danny pairing was incredibly overrated. The actors had some decent chemistry but all the hype about how amazing they were together was over the top in my opinion, not to mention I think the pairing as much as the #poorJo crap played a part in the show being a mess and not living up to its potential. In my opinion, it was not the writers messing with Lacey and Danny that hurt the show, it's that the mystery was horribly written and incredibly mediocre and was mostly brushed aside in favor of Jo's Creek and all this bullshit angsty high school triangle crap.

True Detective - Binge-watched the season this past weekend. My unpopular opinion is that it was a good show but way overhyped. I don't know if it's because I watched way too many mystery shows growing up and watch so many true crime shows but I often figure out the guilty person fairly quickly and I did with this as well, so the end didn't shock me at all. The acting was good but I cannot understand anyone being upset at Cranston winning the Emmy over Matthew. The music was amazing though.

The following are shows I have zero interest in despite all the hype surrounding them - Orange is The New Black (saw three episodes and just couldn't do it), Mad Men, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire (though that seems to have lost some of its steam). I have also never really watched (and have no interest to) The Big Bang Theory.

Dancing with the Stars - I find the Derek Hough hate and bitching over the top. It's gotten to the point where it almost feels like it's what's expected when watching the show. But more importantly, speaking of the comment above that it's just a show, my unpopular opinion is that no one should reach levels of vitriol and that kind of intensity for a show that silly and unimportant. It's a silly dance show for an ugly trophy. It's not that deep.  

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
What truly gets to me is the nitpicking. That is, when an episode discussion thread will devolve into pages upon pages of debating something incredibly minor and not that important.

Sometimes I'm like, "what?" I didn't even notice. I scrutinize plot, character, etc., as much as anyone else. But it is a tv show, and there's things you have to do to get the show made. I do think there should be show consultants for big things. But you can't have like 20 of them for each detail. 

Part of the problem though is when something is/was easily fixable and it just wasn't done. A lot of tv making is pretty lazy. There was a pretty big continuity error in the Leftovers at a very crucial scene relevant to the entire premise of the show. How do you miss that?

• Love 1

I didn't either. It was an interesting take, and a bit of a surprise. But I didn't seeing Jack die. At least he had Vincent.

I have mixed feelings on Lost. Sometimes I think it is kind of awesome how the writers basically said the Island and all of its secrets were basically a giant MacGuffin that didn't matter and all that really mattered were the characters and their relationships. Other times I think that was more like a giant cop-out and they really couldn't come up with a satisfying way to explain things. I mean why bother having an episode that tried to explain the backstory of Jacob and the smoke monster (especially one that just made things more confusing), if none of that stuff really mattered?

• Love 1

I agree. The Situation (from "Jersey Shore") said in an interview that a person once came up to him on the street and said "You're what's wrong with this world." And his response was something like, "Really? With all of the famine and war on the planet, I'm the world's biggest problem?"

• Love 6
Dancing with the Stars - I find the Derek Hough hate and bitching over the top. It's gotten to the point where it almost feels like it's what's expected when watching the show.

I admit I would get irritated when it seemed as though he always got the young, athletic, and graceful partners while other male pros had more than their share of the elderly, the overweight, and the just plain klutzy. But more recently, he's done amazing things with a 50-year-old (Jennifer Gray), a plus sized--albeit young--woman (Amber Riley) and a woman with prosthetic feet (Amy Purdy). 

• Love 3

Cheers UO: (This is a doozy) I find Diane Chambers insufferable and can't stand Sam and Diane together.

"Cheers" is my all time favorite sitcom and I couldn't stand Diane and will always believe that Kirstie Alley's Rebecca saved the show.

• Love 4

"Cheers" is my all time favorite sitcom and I couldn't stand Diane and will always believe that Kirstie Alley's Rebecca saved the show.

Yea I thought Diane was rather annoying sometimes. Didn't get to see a lot of it in first run, but what I did see made me want to throw stuff every now and then. Sam was on an even keel imho. He could get somewhat annoying at times too.