Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Where the F*ck Is Donnie?

• Start Topic

Of course Donnie dies, because if it's that easy to catch Axe, the series would only last a season.

Occupy Connecticut just doesn't seem believable. The OWS movement has run its course. Many of those protesters have presumably moved on with their lives, including getting jobs that Wags sneered they didn't have.

Nor does it make sense for the firemen, many of whom would have been teens on 9/11, would care enough to hassle Lara's restaurant and farm. Especially when Axe has been their benefactor -- "quarter of a billion" seems really generous, like those firemen should be well taken care of for that kind of money.

• Love 2

All throughout the episode, I kept expecting to see Donnie sitting in an idling car inside of a closed garage or standing on the top of a building getting ready to jump or something like that, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he poisoned himself somehow.  

I thought maybe Axe got through to the firefighters, but then they destroyed Lara's farm.  I'm really starting to hate those guys.  Am I supposed to?  They're going after people that Axe loves, not Axe himself.  That's chickenshit.  

• Love 1

Of course Donnie dies, because if it's that easy to catch Axe, the series would only last a season.

Occupy Connecticut just doesn't seem believable. The OWS movement has run its course. Many of those protesters have presumably moved on with their lives, including getting jobs that Wags sneered they didn't have.

Nor does it make sense for the firemen, many of whom would have been teens on 9/11, would care enough to hassle Lara's restaurant and farm. Especially when Axe has been their benefactor -- "quarter of a billion" seems really generous, like those firemen should be well taken care of for that kind of money.

This 9/11 was 15 years ago. 

I thought maybe Axe got through to the firefighters, but then they destroyed Lara's farm.  I'm really starting to hate those guys.  Am I supposed to?  They're going after people that Axe loves, not Axe himself.  That's chickenshit.  

He didn't get through to them, at least all of them.  And I don't think they were impressed with the pay off money.  Maybe they are going after everything that was bought with the "blood" money?   After all, Axe was going to lose everything that day including  his job.  If it hadn't been for 9/11, he wouldn't own his dead boss's  company and probably wouldn't be a multi billionaire.  So it's pretty gross.  Nobody likes a war or terrorist profiteer.

• Love 1

They're not exactly in a hurry to give back the money he gave them either.

And that lawyer or relative was telling Lara there's no prenup so she could leave Axe with a lot of "blood" money.

• Love 1

Loved Lara's line when she was explaining things to her old boyfriend and he just couldn't get over his anger. She said: "Then you're a fucking simpleton. And that is why it didn't work out between us." I was like "YES!! ... Perfect" because "simpleton" is exactly the word I had him pegged for from early on in that scene.

As a stock trading hobbyist, I'm still enjoying this show, even if no one else seems to like it.

• Love 1

All throughout the episode, I kept expecting to see Donnie sitting in an idling car inside of a closed garage or standing on the top of a building getting ready to jump or something like that, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he poisoned himself somehow.

I'm pretty sure Donnie was already terminally ill (remember the nightstand full of pill bottles that he quickly swept into a drawer during the FBI raid?) which is why he agreed to be the one to set up the long con for Axe — Axe probably promised to take good care of his family. It would account for Donnie's overall "spiritual crisis" too. My guess also is that the Donnie thing was dangled starting with the initial trades that got him caught (remember how unusual the AG & FBI folks said it was for him to be making a big play of any kind?).
  • Love 3

He didn't get through to them, at least all of them.  And I don't think they were impressed with the pay off money.  Maybe they are going after everything that was bought with the "blood" money?   After all, Axe was going to lose everything that day including his job.  If it hadn't been for 9/11, he wouldn't own his dead boss's  company and probably wouldn't be a multi billionaire.  So it's pretty gross.  Nobody likes a war or terrorist profiteer.

Yeah, I'm not feeling any sympathy for Axe or Lara. The kids, yes, because they're innocent. Their (non-Axe capital) employees, yes.  Her family, absolutely.  But those two? Nah.    

I thought it was completely dumb and patronizing for Lara to even see her ex.  She wouldn't know social grace and subtlety if it slapped her (thus the failed showdown with Wendy). I guess she was hoping that the guy still had a torch for her, and would smooth things over with his co-workers? The hell? And then to insult him further when he refused to do what she wanted?     

Speaking of Wendy - I really liked her character in the beginning.  But she's getting to be almost as annoying as Lara is for me.  I'm over the "I can't leave - the people need me" spiel when no one is actually shown talking to her recently.  Other than Axe, and that's usually her seeking him out. I'd be more sympathetic if she was concerned about the optics of leaving, but that doesn't seem to be her concern.  I'm not sure anyone would give much of a damn if she left at this point.  Some might even be relieved.  I mean, she had the chance to leave, presumably with equivalent salary and perks, and she refused. 

They're not exactly in a hurry to give back the money he gave them either.

How would local firefighters give back Axe's donations? Would they have any say as to how the money was allocated? 

The conversation between the FBI agent and Bryan was interesting.  So...unprofessional/inappropriate relations was fine when they were fucking.  Yet, suddenly, he needs to watch his body language? OK, girl.